3.7

1. Aug 12, 2016
    Its very dissapointing to say the least. Ironically, it makes me appreciate Elite: Dangerous much more than ever before.

My biggest problem is how on rails the space flight feels, and how poorly the game looks and performs. I don't think its a bad game, just not worth 60 dollars. I'd certainly consider getting it on discount price.
  2. Aug 12, 2016
    Add the horrible port onto an already boring af game. But really what the hell did they do during this games 2+(?) year development? I can't even imagine how empty this must have been when it got delayed. Expect mass refunds from PC gamers including myself. Thankfully I checked out AJ's stream before it released on PC so I knew to refund if it didn't feel better to myself, refunded withAdd the horrible port onto an already boring af game. But really what the hell did they do during this games 2+(?) year development? I can't even imagine how empty this must have been when it got delayed. Expect mass refunds from PC gamers including myself. Thankfully I checked out AJ's stream before it released on PC so I knew to refund if it didn't feel better to myself, refunded with 1.9 hours, whew.

Only thing worse than this game is its fanbase. Consisting of fanboys who shout down any criticism with "updates will improve it". Bullsh*t the amount of new content this game would need to be worth even $40 would be more than it already has.
  3. Aug 15, 2016
    I never understood what all the hype has been about this game for the past 3 years. Every time it was shown I had a bad feeling that this was going to be a turd. It ended up exactly how I expected - dull and repetitive. I can't deny that I had some fun for the first few hours but after that it is wash, rinse and repeat. The planets are mostly identical and have an empty sterile feeling toI never understood what all the hype has been about this game for the past 3 years. Every time it was shown I had a bad feeling that this was going to be a turd. It ended up exactly how I expected - dull and repetitive. I can't deny that I had some fun for the first few hours but after that it is wash, rinse and repeat. The planets are mostly identical and have an empty sterile feeling to them so what's the point of having millions of them. I rather have 3 interesting ones. Graphics are dated and game play is a grind. Walking to places takes forever and there is nothing to do that's engaging. Story is non existent. This might pass for a high-school programming project but is not up to today's gamer expectations. And lets admit once and for all that hand crafted worlds are way more interesting than procedural ones. How many times must we fall for this procedural bore.

Unlike others for me the game performed fine but I have a beast of a PC.
  4. Aug 12, 2016
    What best describes the game is the saying "a mile wide, an inch deep".
    What best describes the game is the saying "a mile wide, an inch deep".
    Now I understand why there was no information about the actual gameplay before the release. It's because there isn't any. The gameplay consists of shooting rocks with a laser for resources, photographing animals and plants and looting outposts. That's it. The crafting mechanics is rudimentary, the survival aspect is annoying and pointless and the exploration is boring once you visit few planets and start to see the assets repeat. Interaction with the world around you is virtually non-existent. Well you can shoot rocks but that's about it. Occasionally you can also shoot a droid or a pirate ship in space. The technology is impressive but that does not make a fun game.
  5. Aug 12, 2016
    Let's not even talk about the crashes and FPS issues. Let me describe the game instead :
    A $60 shiny rock that awes you with its shiny and beautiful cut but then you realize only a few hours later that there's nothing fun you can do with the rock at all.
  6. Aug 12, 2016
    I got the PS4 version too. I wrote a review for that, as well, and I didn't mention the bad draw distance and occasional framerate drops because, well, the gameplay aspect seemed more important then. I only wish I could write about the gameplay now.

I admit I don't have a monster rig. An i5 6th gen and a GTX 960 usually runs all games on high with a few compromises, however. Not this time.

Had to change the resolution (and put up with black bars. BLACK BARS!) and lower the graphics to low. And even then, after I got out of the ship for the first time, the game realized it hadn't buggered up and crashed.

Steam refunds could not have been implemented earlier. Thank goodness for those. I just gave it a 2 because at least Hello tried to make some decent features like an FOV slider and somewhat responsive controls (though I didn't get far enough to start shooting those grinding sentinels)

I'll say again: Hello Games, I have 18 quadrillion other games I'd rather play instead.
  7. Aug 12, 2016
    Didn't deliver on multiple promises and lacks any sort of gameplay. As an artsy game it does wonders but only if you want to call it a game. If you take away the game title and call it an experience it would be much better. Game felt more like a VR experience trying to be a game, it doesn't hit any standard for gameplay
  8. Aug 12, 2016
    There is potential for this game, but right now it's poorly executed.

There is potential for this game, but right now it's poorly executed.

So, as an explorer game, it kinda fails. You can't ever really explore because you constantly have to return to your ship to offload crap. Why are you offloading crap? Because you need it to explore. Setting that aside.. this game could be fun to explore. Except... if you've seen one planet, you've seen them all. There isn't any "large" differences. Just small ones. SO one planet is toxic, and another is cold. Neat. Your suite does the same thing; you have to supply energy to it. Other than that, it's just a name. Toxic, cold, heat.

If you are expecting a giant forrest planet; nope. I've not seen one yet. If you want to see a dessert, nope. Purple goo planet? Nope, not that I saw. Just the same with minor variations.

You'll get "it" in about an hour, and after that, it's just .. grindy.
  9. Aug 12, 2016
    Must say I'm amazed at this.... it actually runs worse than Arkham Knight on release on this computer.

Concerning the game content, doesn't matter if there's a lot of sand in a desert when each piece looks the same
  10. Aug 13, 2016
    A noble goal, but very poorly executed.
    A noble goal, but very poorly executed.
    If you want a 3D craft, collect and survival game with no hand holding, play ARK Survival Evolved, if you want the procedural space exploration, play Starbound... If you want both those things crammed together in a weak, unpolished package with bad performance and no aim or goals, play No Man's Sky. This game is the ugly overpriced one trick pony of the Survival Genre.

Seriously, you can get ARK and Starbound together for less than the price of No Man's Sky, this game shouldn't cost $60.
  11. Aug 19, 2016
    I had no expectation of this game.
    And was nevertheless disappointed massively.

After 10 hours game time you have seen everything.
    And with everything I mean:
    -5 Types of Rock
    -10 Animals
    -5 Planet Biomes
    -4 Background Colors
    -5 Ship Variations
    -1 Space Station
    -3 'Alien Species' Represented by 3 'Aliens'
    -5 Types of Buildings
  12. Aug 12, 2016
    First hour or two are amazing. Then you suddenly realize you've finished the game, nothing new to see.
    gazillion planets. all the same, boring, nothing to do.
    You see one planet, you saw them all. After 2-3 hours its just repetitive grind, no motivation to go further, random landscapes are just reskinned things you've already seen. Old stuff in different colors.
  13. Aug 12, 2016
    DO NOT BUY RIGHT NOW : Either it's crashing after a few seconds on the logo, or performance is horrible even with bleeding edge PC. Quite distasteful strategy from Sony / Hello Games to release a broken game in order to respect a date then promise a patch, a new QA team, a support system *next week* : as if they could not figure it out before that it could be needed ! Vote with your wallet !
  14. Aug 12, 2016
    No Man's Sky players have poise turned on.

(Now that Peter Molyneux has run out of tricks, Sean Murray is trying hard to take his place. Sadly he's only half as cute.)
  15. Aug 12, 2016
    I atleast expected the game to work for $60,it doesn't
    No Man's computer can run this game
    Even a computer made by jesus christ himself could only run this game at 20fps
  16. Aug 12, 2016
    The disappointment is the graphics i wished for an exploration game to have the WHOA exclamation for the graphics i was on ultra setting, no crisp and immersive graphics... well not the one i was expecting...i'm really disappointed... argh, waited too long for that game....
  17. Aug 12, 2016
    Typical over hyped. It's not as bad as people say. But it does tend to lose a LOT of replay value after about 5 hours. I won't be returning it; it's more a "I'm bored right now, wonder if anything can make me less bored..." game. But know that the first 1-4 hours are FUN. After that... you've done it all. Also people who are experiencing problems with speed are stupid. They haven't learnedTypical over hyped. It's not as bad as people say. But it does tend to lose a LOT of replay value after about 5 hours. I won't be returning it; it's more a "I'm bored right now, wonder if anything can make me less bored..." game. But know that the first 1-4 hours are FUN. After that... you've done it all. Also people who are experiencing problems with speed are stupid. They haven't learned how to use a PC. Expand
  18. Aug 12, 2016
    Absolutely dreadful.

Thank god for steam refunds. This game isn't worth 60$. It hardly even works. One of the worst ports in the history of gaming.

It's literally a dumpster indie game that would normally be sold for 5$ on steam. Going for 60$.
  19. Aug 12, 2016
    I've played a lot of world building/survival games in the past and this is by far one of the worst I've yet encounter. The objective of the game is travel to the center of the universe while upgrading your various equipment which range anywhere from your spaceship to suit to combat weapon. While not that much different from its predecessors in this regard, the process through which you areI've played a lot of world building/survival games in the past and this is by far one of the worst I've yet encounter. The objective of the game is travel to the center of the universe while upgrading your various equipment which range anywhere from your spaceship to suit to combat weapon. While not that much different from its predecessors in this regard, the process through which you are forced to continuously accumulate resources in the face of limited inventory space is perhaps the most unnecessarily tedious and boring mechanic I have yet to encounter in a game. From a high level perspective, the game is extremely basic with the same repetitive actions and goals. Don't be fooled by the procedurally generated gimmick that the developer is talking about. The planets are basically all the same but just with different assets. Outside of resource collection, the space ship mechanics are clunky and difficult to navigate. The combat while there, sticks of out like a sore thumb and feels like something which added as an after thought in order to pad the game rather than being developed as a core mechanic from the start. In between exploring those generic planets is of course the space travel which while novel at first quickly become the most frustrating part of the game as you are forced to wait anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes before reaching a destination all while holding down several buttons. Moving on to the technical aspects, it becomes obviously clear that NMS is not optimized for the PC. Running a GTX 970 and a i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz, I constantly encountered stuttering and inconsistent frame drops as low as 20 FPS. For $60 this is unacceptable. If you are thinking about buying this game on PC, take this as a warning and do not buy it until either:
    1. It has dropped significantly in price, and
    2. The developer fixes the pc port and adds more content.
  20. Aug 12, 2016
    Lazy PC port delayed to boost deceptive sales of the PS4 version. Please don't support this shady developer. You can deck out a lie in a suit but I won't buy it. Refund while you still can, vote with your wallet. Hello Games you should be ashamed of yourselves.
  21. Aug 12, 2016
    overal this game runs wors then me, and I am Fat. The game breaks when you alt tab, it runs very poorly on my 770GTX with 4GB in combination with an i7 and 16gb ram, this is one of the worst ports possible.
  22. Aug 17, 2016
    No support for GoG purchasers. 3 patches released for Steam users, 1 empty patch for GoG and nothing since. Currently the game is utterly broken. Won't even start and with a developer that is ignoring a retail channel, I have to rate this game a big 0. GoG are waiting for the patch from Hello Games so they can make it available.. truly despicable behaviour from HG.
  23. Aug 12, 2016
    Low resolution upscaling, FoV slider is cosmetic only (the FoV remains zoomed in), FPS drops and hitches on an i7 4770k/GTX980Ti. Poor UI and settings options. Gameplay is repetitive, but some will like that. End game is essentially 'delete your save and start again'

This is what I expect of a $20 early access game, not a AAA title.
  24. Aug 12, 2016
    I expect only one thing from games to be noted fairly: to actually work. This isn't 1995 anymore. PC games should work on release, especially if you apply AAA premium tag price to them.

The game doesn't work; heavy framerate drop, stutters and even freeze. My specs can run The Witcher 3 @ 1440p and FPS between 70 and 120. But it can't have the game work smoothly. I have tried all the

I have tried all the different settings, nothing changes. And what do we get for these conditions:

- Ugly textures; seriously, it looks like a PS2 game.
    - Ugly shadows
    - Ugly everything

This game is **** ugly, and that's at 1440p. I can't even imagine the game at 1080p.

Do yourself a solid and do not buy this game. Mine is already refunded.
  25. Aug 12, 2016
    First, DO NOT BUY RIGHT NOW, wait for patch. This is unacceptable at launch time. And it is pissing off really... I won't be buying this game until it's not fixed, and Id also be looking for 50% off. I will tell you why 50% off.
    Now based upon people that have played it for long amount of time - it's not a game for everyone and the biggest issue I find, that I took about half the points on my rating is that it is only a single player. I do not consider games that are single player these days worth a full price, when I have already bought a package for Star Citizen for only $45 and for that I get access to both singleplayer/co-op campaign (when it's out in the end of the year) and persistent universe, which I could play now. This is why I did say I may buy this game if it does go 50% off. There are other complaints that the game glitches/crashes even on consoles (i am surprised). Anyway this is what pisses me off the most, otherwise the game has *some* potential. You have to be prepared when you go into combat, since it is real time. You have to mine, craft and sell items and find some kind of stones to learn species' language, which apparently takes time.

That was all about it I got. Really i expected something different, but that's what we have. It's maybe fun when you get into it, but if you see that it doesn't taste what you would like to have, then put your money into Star Citizen. At least, that would give you everything else. I wouldn't play a single player survival game like NMS, if of course the story isn't as engaging. Have fun playing if you got it and you can run it, but if you have not, it's not the time, wait then buy. Once performance improves...
  26. Aug 12, 2016
    Won't even start, crashes 1 sec after launch. And I waited 2 years for this **** **** Hello Games, **** Sean Murray and **** No Man's Sky. I'm getting a refund.
  27. Aug 13, 2016
    First.. this game have worst optimization than Batman Arkham.. is the most **** port i see in my life..

Second.. after 1h with different configurations.. is unplayable.. for me at least.. Third.. this game is so boring.. im looking for space and explorations.. but explore what? 18 quintillions empty planets.. same houses.. same aliens.. same monolits.. different colour.. nothing

18 quintillions empty planets.. same houses.. same aliens.. same monolits.. different colour.. nothing to do.. no mision.. looks like ps3 game.. and the mechanics are really poor.. the combat is so basic.. and the controls of the spaceship is the worst thing i see.. u cant crash.. u cant do anything.. so weak

sorry.. but insta-refund after 1h in steam.. F.. YOU HELLO GAMES
  28. Aug 12, 2016
    Doesnt even work, 60 euros for a loading screen. Good a game as any to test Steam refund feature, will buy again when the devs pull their heads out of their butts and fix their 60 euro early access crap.
  29. Aug 12, 2016
    Everything is bad with this game. You cant even launch. Save yourselves 60 bucks and wait for sales. Or you can buy a PS4 and play with 30fps and a very poor DOF
  30. Aug 12, 2016
    this game is boring and horrible on ps4 but on pc it is even worse i cant get even 3 minutes in the game before ot start crashing, guys i think this is the new ubisoft, even ac unity was better
  31. H_E
    Aug 12, 2016
    The game is overhyped and it is just... ugh-- not even words can describe it now. Terribly optimised and the game we were given was DEFINITELY not what we were promised.
  32. Aug 12, 2016
    this game is simple garbage, horrible optimized on pc and this game in't even worth 60 dollars **** this game, and **** hellogames and sean muraat, dont buy this game unless it gets fixed
  33. Aug 12, 2016
    I am so happy the Steam refund system exists. Through out the years they promised me a feature rich game with the potential of meeting other players (narrow, but still, "the only way to see your own character is via another player").

I feel ashamed I even ended up buying this for 60 euros. I have been out-right scammed but at least my refund is pending.
  34. Aug 12, 2016
    wtf hello games what is this garbage, it is horrible optimized on pc and this game isnt even good, hello games is the new ubisoft right now, hell even assasisns cree unity had better launch than this garbage
  35. Aug 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Las primeras 2 horas puede ser un titulo interesante, despues de esas dos horas es un titulo bastante monoto y aburrido, un desarrollo independiente a 60 euros de salida? que nadie se confunda, los desarrollos independientes suelen estar financiados con 2 o 3 pizzas al mes, compralo cuando este a 5 pavos en ofertas de Steam, no ahora. Expand
  36. Aug 12, 2016
    No, just no.

Very bad performance and many lies after all.
    Just another moneygrab **** game.
    I have one of the best computers at this moment and it still runs ****
  37. Aug 12, 2016
    Think of a game with publicity by Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson.
    Coding by Jeremy Corbyn.
    You are promised a visual nirvana of sexy exploration (bit like Brexit)
    in it's place you get a loop of start/crash/start/crash (bit like the labour party)
    I'm off to get a refund..........
  38. Aug 12, 2016
    First off this game runs incredibly poorly. I have gtx1080 and i76800K and the game hitches stalls and stutters. Secondly this game is incredibly boring. It is nothing more than a glorified crafting sim. "Exploration" is pointless because there is no variety on any given planet, it is just the same crappy looking repetitive textures over and over again. The UI for PC is horrible. This gameFirst off this game runs incredibly poorly. I have gtx1080 and i76800K and the game hitches stalls and stutters. Secondly this game is incredibly boring. It is nothing more than a glorified crafting sim. "Exploration" is pointless because there is no variety on any given planet, it is just the same crappy looking repetitive textures over and over again. The UI for PC is horrible. This game is not worth $60! it is maybe worth $10 for the experience of exploring an endless galaxy. Expand
  39. Aug 12, 2016
    horrible game, do not buy. Nothing works properly and i have to sucksaycece ceascec that thererfore i cant recommand this at all because of those stated reasons
  40. Aug 12, 2016
    I first heard of this game andnI was stoaked! Then I saw the Twitch streamers and was pissed off. The game is only good for "those" types of people who wear capes and their favorite Star Wars or Star Trek mask while playing this game. This game fails big time. Graphics are eh and everything else is bleh. Boring and repetitive gameplay just pisses me off. This is what we get once againI first heard of this game andnI was stoaked! Then I saw the Twitch streamers and was pissed off. The game is only good for "those" types of people who wear capes and their favorite Star Wars or Star Trek mask while playing this game. This game fails big time. Graphics are eh and everything else is bleh. Boring and repetitive gameplay just pisses me off. This is what we get once again from the mobile phone generation of gamers. Crappy graphics and games you don't have to think. Gamers today are just a bunch of brainfarts and the developers cater to these people. Thank god i only used 1.30 hours on Steam because I'm refunding Expand
  41. Aug 12, 2016
    I had high hopes for No Man's Sky, and hoped it would live up to it's promises, but the game is a complete mess. In it's current state, this is one of the biggest dissapointments of the last few years. Allow me to explain why:

1:Horrible optimization. The game is a disaster from a technical point of view, and even the best of PC's can't properly handle this game. The menus are clearly

1:Horrible optimization.
    The game is a disaster from a technical point of view, and even the best of PC's can't properly handle this game. The menus are clearly designed for consoles, and the save feature is extremely uninspired, not to mention the lack of any relevant online features.

2:Repetitive gameplay.

In 20 minutes of repetitive resource gathering and mining, I had the pleasure of being attacked every single minute by sentry drones, and every time I had taken a hit, my screen flashed red as if my liver was forcefully pulled out,even though I was at 80% health. Then I was back to more resource mining and uninspired crafting, with nothing to keep my attention. By the time the ship was repaired I couldn't help but think: what is the point?

3:Uninspired survival system

It's not hard to keep yourself alive,it's just tedious. More resource mining to keep yourself alive, so you can continue to mine more resources. If some people find this entertaining, then I can suggest a job at a mining company. There you can mine all day long, and at least you're getting paid for it. Also it's really hard to die. I mean, you've got to fail really hard at being a gamer to die (no offense to bad gamers intended), so there's no sense of tension, therefore making the survival system itself redundant and obnoxious.

4:A lot of planets are carbon copies of each other

Yes folks, now we can have 18 quintillion copies of the same planet types. I was shocked to see that the second planet I landed on was almost identical to my first one, I seriously considered for a few seconds that I mistakenly landed on the first planet again, but it was another planet with the same characteristics. Even the damn weather conditions were the same.

5:The price tag.

This point would not be here, but I didn't win the lottery so I have to say this: The game is very overpriced, especially considering the pathetic state of this unfortunate PC port.I I've played quite a few bad ports in my life, but this takes the concept to a whole new level. You can almost think they did it on purpose, not that I'm implying it or anything. I guess the promise of a patch must mean a lot to some people, but if they couldn't be bothered to properly test the game before release, why would they bother now to fix it? Are they even capable of fixing it?

But even if they fix this horrendous port, the game does not have much to offer. It promised way more than it could deliver, and that's the reality of it. If you can find enjoyment in this game, that's great. But there is no way you can ignore it's numerous technical problems, repetitive gameplay, redundant survival system, poor design choices, weak combat, repetitive planet types and general lack of polish.

I could say more but I'll stop here because there's honestly no point in saying more than I did. Those who can see no fault in this game will never listen to anyone anyway. If they release a decent patch I will update my rating, but as it stands the game receives a glorious 1(One) without the zero after it. Maybe next time they will test the product before they release it. In conclusion I can say only two words :
    Stay Away.
  42. Aug 12, 2016
    Taking 2 points out for being even more boring than other grindy, exploration and combat based space games like Elite.

Taking 2 points off for the horrible PC optimization and the atrocious PS4 texture popping. Taking 1 point off for selling it as a procedural generated prodigy game, when we've had plenty of those before. And lastly, taking 4 points off for lying about this game

And lastly, taking 4 points off for lying about this game and selling it for 60$.
  43. Aug 12, 2016
    A legendarily terrible game. If if everyone's expectations for this game were somehow adjusted before it was released it would still be a extremely disappointing. There was potential for this game a long time ago when it was still in it's concept art stages.
  44. Aug 12, 2016
    This is a hundred times worse than I'd imagined it could be. Terrible performance, terrible UI, terrible FOV, terrible absolutely everything.

If you bought this game, it might not be too late to refund it. I strongly urge you do so while you still have the chance.
  45. Aug 12, 2016
    They promised us a game. The game that you can play with your friends. The FUN game. And what we got? Single player, repetitive, not optimized piece of garbage. And it is not fun at all. Refund
  46. Aug 12, 2016
    Huinya ebannaya ,na 4 GTX1K70 ne zapuskaetsa ,idite nahui so swoim der'mom.Ne pokupaite,enache doterom stanete,dage na ps4 luchshe grafon,razrabi pidori,a MAXIM DRYZLY toge pidor
  47. Aug 12, 2016
    как обычно, всех ПК-пользователей обманули в очередной раз. почему-то у консольщиков более-менее нормально все, а что на ПК ?
    игра вылетает, тормозит на топовых ПК. при том что топовый ПК мощнее ПС4 в разы.
    про геймплей и обман насчет мультиплеера ничего не будем говорить. ===================================== As usual, all PC users cheated once again. for some reason

про геймплей и обман насчет мультиплеера ничего не будем говорить.

=====================================

As usual, all PC users cheated once again. for some reason konsolschikov more or less everything is normal and what is on your PC?
    game crashes, slows down your PC at the top. while the top-end PCs more powerful PS4 at times.

about the gameplay and deception about the multiplayer we will not say anything.
  48. Aug 12, 2016
    Let me preface this by saying I am judging by content and not by the developers character. I am also judging by price to experience.

This game is repetitive, bad looking, and just generic. This game primarily consists of inventory management and resource scouring to enable yourself to leave every planet. The controls for flying are atrocious, and the FOV is horrendous. My review would be lower if I considered all of the things Sean promised that actually didn't come to fruition, but I will spare him the worse review. Bottom line is if you really want this game, wait for a lower review, or better yet just don't buy it.

ALSO: PC PORT IS ****
  49. Aug 12, 2016
    The game is absolutely broken right now. There is nothing that can be done about it, no matter how low you put your settings, how many programs you close. You will still find yourself with a game so unstable you might as well not play it.
  50. Aug 12, 2016
    Such piece of dung for 40 quid. Can't believe that I apid for it.

Positives.

Refund button works but only if you play for less then 2 hours. I played 4 - if I only knew... Damn the Steam!
  51. Aug 13, 2016
    It's not really a game, pretty much all you do is gather resources to upgrade your ship so you can go to other planets to gather resources. Then at the end of the game, you get thrown onto a new planet to do the whole thing over again.

It's just boring. 18 QUINTILLION planets and effectively nothing to do but grind and upgrade your ship. You can't even design your own ship. No quests, no adventures, drunk ships, no multiplayer, gimmick of naming plants and animals nobody will ever see or care about. Even FREE is too much for this glorified tech demo that isn't even good looking. Don't waste your time. If you like indie games, get mount & blade: warband instead.
  52. Aug 13, 2016
    Ok. This was one of the most hyped videogame of 2016 but it does not run with 30 fps. I got FX-4300 and rx 480 8gb vram, 8gb ram. I have updated drivers but it crash on warp and have poor performance.
  53. Aug 12, 2016
    Fps drops on gtx 1070 and i7 processor. This game is poorly optimized and is very tedious. Buy on a sale, don't get this game for $60. Wait until they fix the glaring problems with the game, not just the poor optimization for pc, but also the gameplay
  54. Aug 12, 2016
    It appears that gameplay consists of pressing the PLAY button, watching the program name change from 'No Man's Sky' to 'No Man's Sky - Running', and then watching it turn back to 'No Man's Sky' one second later. While I appreciate avant garde design elements in computer gaming as much as next cranky old man, something about this feels lackluster and incomplete. Sure, the poetic irony of aIt appears that gameplay consists of pressing the PLAY button, watching the program name change from 'No Man's Sky' to 'No Man's Sky - Running', and then watching it turn back to 'No Man's Sky' one second later. While I appreciate avant garde design elements in computer gaming as much as next cranky old man, something about this feels lackluster and incomplete. Sure, the poetic irony of a game called No Man's Sky that consists of No Sky or, indeed, anything else whatsoever, is spot on, but it lacks both dramatic tension and narrative closure.

I have issues with the soundtrack as well. While I'm not a fan of overbearing game music that doesn't know when to reign it in, I do expect somewhat more than just the hum of my computer fans. Possibly if there was an executable that actually opened and launched a product I would find something more to my taste within it, but as it is I'm thinking the only shot at redemption they might have here is if I can customize Steam to play beep noises when I press that PLAY button.

Framerate is good, which to be fair I would expect from any game rendering zero polygons.

The UI is rudimentary (IE, it consists of a button marked PLAY) but serviceable, but if there options to save or load your progress I haven't found them. The control scheme, which consists of LMB = CLICK PLAY BUTTON, also does not appear to be configurable.

I have to hand it to Hello Games, it's not every day a product is released that has a shot at replacing Hellgate:London, Outpost or Battlecruiser 3000 on my list of worst screw ups in PC gaming history. No Man's Game, I mean Sky, appears to be a serious contender already just hours after it's release.
  55. Aug 12, 2016
    No amount of fidgeting with the settings helped the abysmall FPS and stuttering. I exceed the settings many times over but the game lags something awful. Avoid like the plague
  56. Aug 13, 2016
    The concept behind the game is great; you explore the universe, uncovering all these planets and diverse life forms. Where the game falls flat on it's face, however, is the execution. I have put around 10 hours into this game, 16 if you count the time i played on PS4, and after that much time I have found the initial sense of excitement from finding these planets and species has faded.The concept behind the game is great; you explore the universe, uncovering all these planets and diverse life forms. Where the game falls flat on it's face, however, is the execution. I have put around 10 hours into this game, 16 if you count the time i played on PS4, and after that much time I have found the initial sense of excitement from finding these planets and species has faded. You eventually start recognizing similarities between all of them. This is made worse by the fact that the variation in the planets is small, with the only major change in a lot of them being a swapped pallet. That isn't to say the game isn't aesthetically pleasing, it is honestly beautiful, but the lack of variation makes it feel very repetitive very fast.

On top of this, the PC version has major issues. It runs horribly on some very capable machines. It is not well optimized at all and is riddled with bugs that cause it to be unplayable for many.

I regret that I paid $60 for a game that is the quality of some early access beta (or alpha even).
  57. Aug 12, 2016
    I have nothing to say. Just nothing. Except one thing - I was even unable to launch this piece of... code, so I haven't even played it once. Asked for refund.
  58. Aug 12, 2016
    No Man's Sky is incredibly dull. I hated every single one of the 5 minutes I spent blowing up flowers with my ray pistol. I have deleted No Man's Sky and feel embarrassed that I once looked forward to the game.
  59. Aug 12, 2016
    Unacceptable performance, constant crashes, and bad UI. Leaving a space station drops you down to 2 fps for several minutes and there's constant stuttering when not even moving
    This is a pure and simple badly done console port. 0 effort and it shows.
  60. Aug 12, 2016
    I have a $6,000 dollar PC with twin Titan SLI Nvidia cards because gaming to me and having 60 FPS with ultra settings no matter the game is paramount. This game runs terribly on my machine, Its' seriously the only game that I've seen that gives my machine either a run for its money, or the game is poorly optimized my computer is throwing it's hands up and saying this is the best I can doI have a $6,000 dollar PC with twin Titan SLI Nvidia cards because gaming to me and having 60 FPS with ultra settings no matter the game is paramount. This game runs terribly on my machine, Its' seriously the only game that I've seen that gives my machine either a run for its money, or the game is poorly optimized my computer is throwing it's hands up and saying this is the best I can do with this spaghetti Hello Games calls code.

Not to mention its default FPS capped to 30 FPS. WAT?! I had to bump everything up to high and set the FOV to something reasonable in order to get the game to look good. After that every time I scan something there's a 1 second hiccup.

And you gotta love the fact that this game can't even connect to the server. So what little interaction you have with the outside world (other players) it can't even get that right?! Hello Games seriously needs to just close their doors and lay everybody off. this game and everybody involved with it needs to just never touch a keyboard again, never say anything again and just get outta gaming. PERIOD.

I heard Mcdonalds was hiring, maybe try that. It's pretty hard to screw up a big mac.
  61. Aug 13, 2016
    Terrible game - please do not buy!!!! This is the most boring game ever.

You do the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

There might be lots of planets but they're all exactly the same! Even the alien buildings on EVERY planet are a copy-and-paste job, with a single alien in the exact same place each time who doesn't even move.
  62. Aug 12, 2016
    After arkham knight fiasco you think devs gonna take PC gaming community more seriously and fix their games BEFORE release. Also $60 not worth it for a buggy pre-alpha garbage.
  63. Aug 12, 2016
    Hey guys I just created this account just to review this game so please hear me out. As like most of you I had waited eagerly for the PC version and was waiting in anxiousness to play this game. I had seen all the PS4 reviews and I was so scared and hoping it was one of those games that polarized people. This is not the case, unfortunately. I love space games and I knew everything that itHey guys I just created this account just to review this game so please hear me out. As like most of you I had waited eagerly for the PC version and was waiting in anxiousness to play this game. I had seen all the PS4 reviews and I was so scared and hoping it was one of those games that polarized people. This is not the case, unfortunately. I love space games and I knew everything that it was supposed to be so its not like i was looking for a mass effect storyline. I just wanted a game that I could collect resources and be awe inspired by the planets.

However, the graphical issues are noticeable immediately. Skipping in fram erate, pausing unexpectedly, and the occassional crash. At first, i was excited while I was exploring on the planet but the controls are so un-intuitive that it is maddening. I'm so disappointed to find that the PS4 reviews and these PC reviews are spot on. I already uninstalled and got my money back. Again, I knew what this was going to be and what it wasn't unlike some. I didn't expect multiplayer or anything else of the sort just a good game collecting resources and exploring space and the many planets it had to offer. The inventory is so easily taken up and the amount of time it takes to travel places with upgrades really ruins the pacing. Clunky menus, inventory, options make this even worse.

The headache in the end is not worth it. I'm so upset that I had to write a bad review I wanted all the reviews to be false. I hate that all of you were right about this game I really am. The truth hurts and here is looking forward to a good space adventure/survival game in the future.

Audio: 8.5/10
    Visuals (on highest settings) : 5/10 wasn't expecting much in this department
    Gameplay (it's so boring) : 2/10
    Controls (some of the worst I have experienced and I've played Superman 64): 0/10
    Replayability (seems like it should be a lot but already bored) : 0/10

Conclusion: I hate that all of you were right about this ambitious but horrible title.
  64. Aug 13, 2016
    I WANT MY 60€ BACK!!!! This game is such a BS it is lame af and unplayable cause of lag funny for like 10min then it become the badest game ever!!!!!!!
  65. Aug 12, 2016
    Will be waiting for the patch to fix the issues with the game.

One more chance Hello Games. One more chance.

Will re-review once I have everthing sorted out.
  66. Aug 12, 2016
    Optimizacion pésima mal juego encima no supieron aprovechar el marketing qye generaron las configuraciones en PC son malas caídas de fps por todos lados y múltiples daños.
  67. Aug 13, 2016
    Game had much potential, and maybe can still be fixed... But for now I don't recommend it even for free.

Good parts of the game: 1. Music is niceish 2. Graphics are interesting 3. Exploration part is interesting, as is the language thing, aliens, etc... Cons: 1. Controls are TERRIBLE, for some reason it is almost impossible to make your ship go where you want (it tend to

Good parts of the game:

1. Music is niceish

2. Graphics are interesting

3. Exploration part is interesting, as is the language thing, aliens, etc...

Cons:

1. Controls are TERRIBLE, for some reason it is almost impossible to make your ship go where you want (it tend to steer/turn on its own sometimes), frequently when you attempt to land in a landing pad, you land right next to it, and waste resources, there is no "target" button to make things more easy. On foot, all the same problems also happen, but it is less aggravating.

2. Tiny FOV even on maximum settings, it looks like you are always zoomed in, it is too hard to find things because of this (you press the "SCAN" button, and then you have to spin super fast to see anything at all before the icons disappear, thanks to tiny FOV). Also, it is really, REALLY easy to get lost because of this too.

3. Game has really crappy performance, I am playing it on a super beefy PC (overclocked 32GB RAM, overclocked i5, beefy newest radeon), and it still stutters a lot on low settings!!!

4. Very, VERY, VEEERY repetitive, not because of being procedural, but because of the "mining" part, so for example red plants and red minerals are always "energy" resources, since "energy" is essential, every single planet has it, even airless moons has red plants and red minerals...

5. The mining part is terrible, it is very slow, and the inventory is super tiny, with tiny stacks, you spend more time playing tetris with your inventory than playing the game, and playing the game is mostly, mining.

6. You "discover" planets that have all sorts of junk on them, even planets that the game claims to have zero fauna and zero flora, you still find plants, abandoned buildings with stereotypical "alien goo fungus", stashes EVERYWHERE, aliens everywhere, and so on.

7. The enemy robot thingies attack you for "no reason" if you are using your "gun", even if you are using the mining part of it, to mine...

8. I was attacked by pirates a couple times, super easy, and saw a single space battle, it sucked, a lot, first, the game doesn't say who is ally and who is enemy, and doesn't have a "target" button, so you must fly around bewildered as bazillions of tiny ships shoot each other in the middle of capital ships and you have no clue what is going on. Seriously, is it that hard to show someone side on a battle at least? (it is impossible to know what sides are fighting).

9. Battle controls overall suck, your ship, even in space, fly like a airplane that can reverse but can't stop, if you attempt to stop, your "plane" reverse direction (ie: switch forward/backward speed, jumping between -40 to 40, or 40 to -40), turn radius is huge, and there is no inertia, since all weapons are quite simple, battles look like medieval jousting, just keep crossing with enemies while shooting, turn around, and repeat, aiming skills and tactics are completely unimportant, the only thing that matters is your ship stats, and how fast you can fix your shield (you have to open the inventory, and then "re-craft" the shield, mid-fight... the game doesn't pause when you are doing this).
  68. Aug 13, 2016
    This is a disaster of cosmic proportions. I might tolerate bugs and some technical discrepancies which are to be easily remedied by numerous patches and updates in near future. But I can never tolerate total game design failure. The development team has been consumed and smashed by its own pride and ambitions which are simply much much much lower than what their final product wants to be.This is a disaster of cosmic proportions. I might tolerate bugs and some technical discrepancies which are to be easily remedied by numerous patches and updates in near future. But I can never tolerate total game design failure. The development team has been consumed and smashed by its own pride and ambitions which are simply much much much lower than what their final product wants to be. This "game" has no actual gameplay besides the simplest search & harvest principle. This project was promising yet failed monumentally and I am seriously disturbed by actually very high and totally undeserved critical acclaim (around 70%). Expand
  69. Aug 12, 2016
    Another overpriced overhyped piece of crap. This game is technically poor at everything it tries to do, yet this doesn't prevent the developer to oversell on every point, and blatantly lie on some aspects. Research heavily before buying, or buy blindly at your own peril.
  70. Aug 12, 2016
    You do not get a free pass for being an indie developer when you sell your game for 60$. They managed to make this game run at sub 30 fps on a GTX1080 I feel like there should be an award for being able to do this. First we got lied about the being able to meet your friend thing the planets don't even save locally when you destroy things in them and then we got lied about them workingYou do not get a free pass for being an indie developer when you sell your game for 60$. They managed to make this game run at sub 30 fps on a GTX1080 I feel like there should be an award for being able to do this. First we got lied about the being able to meet your friend thing the planets don't even save locally when you destroy things in them and then we got lied about them working 'hard' on making the best PC port that they delayed the game 3 days. Thanks God for the steam refund system. Now some spoilers ahead so stop reading if you don't want to see them.The ending is also the most disappointing ending I've seen in a video game so far. After you reach the center of the universe you see a screensaver of stars flying around you THEN THE GAME RESETS. Like who thought of that genius ending? and why would you hype the center of the galaxy so much if it is this much of a waste. Overall I don't think this game is worth picking and it's such a scam that I am never going to buy any game on release day from now on so I guess I learned my lesson. Expand
  71. Aug 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The secret to no man's sky is your character is dead. That is the supposed reason for the name and the fact that you can't see other players. You are all spirits. But in reality the reason is their hardware won't allow more than one player per instance. Cheap attempt to explain away their failings. Expand
  72. Aug 12, 2016
    Runs at 1440p 144Hz sometimes, then takes a dump at random. Doesn't matter anyway - the game is the most boring, repetitive, soulless and shallow collection of game elements thrown together that I've ever seen. Even if this game was made by competent people who properly used PC as the lead platform, which is absolutely isn't, it wouldn't be worth playing. Such a shame. Thinking aboutRuns at 1440p 144Hz sometimes, then takes a dump at random. Doesn't matter anyway - the game is the most boring, repetitive, soulless and shallow collection of game elements thrown together that I've ever seen. Even if this game was made by competent people who properly used PC as the lead platform, which is absolutely isn't, it wouldn't be worth playing. Such a shame. Thinking about how terribly this game ended up being actually makes me angry. No wonder the lead developer received threats.

Luckily, Steam honored my refund, since I only made it through 90 minutes of this **** Avoid at all costs! Unless, of course, seeing the same recolors of the same things ten gazillion times and holding left click on them is your thing.
  73. Aug 12, 2016
    It might be good, when it's finished. As it currently stands I would probably play this for an hour then uninstall if it was free to play. Seeing as it costs £40 I am not impressed. One to watch, to see if they make a playable game out of this very basic starting point. My computer is a beast, and yet I can't even run this in my native resolution, and walking around/ flying is likeIt might be good, when it's finished. As it currently stands I would probably play this for an hour then uninstall if it was free to play. Seeing as it costs £40 I am not impressed. One to watch, to see if they make a playable game out of this very basic starting point. My computer is a beast, and yet I can't even run this in my native resolution, and walking around/ flying is like swimming in tar. Expand
  74. Aug 13, 2016
    This game did NOT live up to expectations. it's over hyped and didn't deliver what it promised. Awful graphics, I got a pretty good PC and this game just refuses to give me a decent fps. The gameplay gets so repetitive you don't even know what's the point anymore. I admit i was really hyped for this game....guess i shouldn't have.
  75. Aug 13, 2016
    This is a overhyped indie game made by 15 people, being sold for AAA price. It's poorly optimized. It's shallow, empty, repetitive and boring. Their 18 quintillion planets are just a bunch of re-color of the same assets, randomly generated with different combinations. Their representation of the universe is inaccurate, every single planet I've seen is inhabited with life and/or vegetation,This is a overhyped indie game made by 15 people, being sold for AAA price. It's poorly optimized. It's shallow, empty, repetitive and boring. Their 18 quintillion planets are just a bunch of re-color of the same assets, randomly generated with different combinations. Their representation of the universe is inaccurate, every single planet I've seen is inhabited with life and/or vegetation, there are no gas giants, no ring systems, no barren planets (I've been told there are barren planets - i haven't encountered any) black holes are portals, and no variation of star types. But i'm not here to talk about that stuff you can easily confirm by watching some gameplay.

What i really want to talk about is how they straight out lied about it being multiplayer. The problem is not the fact that you can't see or interact and play together with other people, it's the fact that they said it was possible and it isn't. I'm perfectly fine with the game not having multiplayer, i play single-player games and i enjoy them. What i have a problem with, is they straight out lied about it being multiplayer, that is unacceptable, a game developer cannot do that and get away with it.

I am sick of these vague as heck tweets from Sean Murray implying something but not stating it clearly. It's just a series of shady moves they make over and over again, careful choice of words leaving multiple interpretations, misleading disinformation. They actually covered with a sticker the multiplayer icon from the PEGI score on the Limited Edition box. A few months ago the game had the Massively Multiplayer Online tag on Steam, only recently they changed it to Single-Player. After years of clearly stating that it was multiplayer, ONE DAY BEFORE the PS4 launch, they tweet that the game is not ''a multiplayer experience''.

Sean Murray specifically said on interviews you could see and interact with other players, and play together. Then on the first day it has been confirmed by two streamers that tried to meet up, they were in the same system, same planet, same spot, and couldn't see each other, for one of them it was day time, for the other one it was night time. And the kicker? Hello Games are celebrating that ‘’two players encountered each other’’. How can they be so deceitful?

Going back to the gameplay, the excitement lasts for about the first few planets, then the repetition sinks in, and you're left with a feeling of huge disappointment. You scan stuff, find some outposts, you mine materials, fill out your ship and your gear, run out of inventory space, go to the nearest space station, sell your crap, and then you move on the the next planet. That's basically what you do until you reach the center of the galaxy for a NG+.

If you're looking for a good exploration sandbox game, get Subnautica or even Starbound. An indie game with a indie game price. 92% overall positive reviews. Has survival mechanics, crafting mechanics, building mechanics. Better graphics and better optimized.
  76. Aug 13, 2016
    Boring walking simulator. Walk to get resources, to get faster ship and better equipment to ... gather more resources. There's nothing to discover, similar schemes of planets. You won't see any cities, big bases, ruins etc. Just little save points and small abandoned bases.You can't build, you can't tame creatures. Boring.
  77. Aug 13, 2016
    I am trying to be a good guy the whole day. I actually promised myself that I would try to be more positive today. But No Man's Sky is the exception. Im a student who only plays on a laptop. I can play witcher 3(Low), rise of the tomb raider(Low), gta 5(High), and fallout 4(Mid-high) in my laptop.

No Man's sky though goes as low as 13 fps to 25 fps. I usually play games just for the sake of playing them but No Man's Sky doesn't even let me move witthout FPS fluctuating. It's frustrating. I downloaded all drivers. Nothing worked. Did all tutorials to make it work via youtube. Nothing worked. Oh not to mention the alt tab in full screen mode doesn't work.

This is my 1st time reviewing for a game ever. That says so much for No Man's Sky being the exception. I gave them the 1 point because they considered porting it to PC instead of being a PS4 exclusive besides that I have nothing but failed expectations for this game. This borders on PC blunders at par with Arkham Knight / Assassin's Creed Unity releases.

Just disappointing and unstable.
  78. Aug 12, 2016
    Another non-game for ridiculous price and with ridiculous spec requirements.

Thankfully it flopped. I hope this trend will keep up and the awful post 2006 next gen rules of conduct will end.
  79. Aug 13, 2016
    The game is about Grinding to craft gears that making you Grind faster. That's It ! Devs are the modern Peter Molyneux . They really aiming his business model: offering nothing but Hype!
  80. Aug 12, 2016
    Don't buy game, it is poorly optimised, has a **** ton of cut content, and feels like it was put together a few hours before launch. I've played flash games more interesting than this
  81. Aug 13, 2016
    Bought this game on release. I'm a big fan of exploration/sci-fi space games. I really enjoyed the exploring part of the game. Finding minerals, crafting and naming species and places you discover. In that sense the game delivered what it promised.
    The problem is this game is unplayable in it;s current state. I own a high end rig ( i7- 4790k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 980ti) so this game should run smooth as butter. Well guess what. On low-med settings I barely get 30 fps. If I get in to combat or start mining it drops to like below 20 fps. On high this game dips below 15 fps while I'm standing. I just can't get past these performance issues. Played for about 5 hours and that is it for me.
    Was realy looking forward to playing No man's sky but in this state this game is not worth buying on PC. Get it on PS4 where it runs better.
  82. Aug 13, 2016
    Im one of those guys who waited, checked the specs, made sure my pc met them (exceeded them all) ... downloaded the game, downloaded the patch, downloaded C++ runtimes, downloaded new video card drivers, checked the registry ... nothing I did would get this steaming pile of **** to run, i couldn't get past the title screen, this game is completely broken. Its not acceptable for a game atIm one of those guys who waited, checked the specs, made sure my pc met them (exceeded them all) ... downloaded the game, downloaded the patch, downloaded C++ runtimes, downloaded new video card drivers, checked the registry ... nothing I did would get this steaming pile of **** to run, i couldn't get past the title screen, this game is completely broken. Its not acceptable for a game at this price to be delivered untested like this, its broken.

IT DOESN'T WORK DO NOT BUY IT.
  83. Aug 12, 2016
    Very boring, bad optimised and the most trivial sandbox game i have ever played. It is not about exciting exploring of different planets with different life forms, plants and eco-systems. It is just uninteresting grinding game without any ways to involve in gameplay, in my opinion.
  84. Aug 13, 2016
    Отвратительная во всех смыслах игра, в контексте надежд которые она подавала, в ней плохо просто все.
  85. Aug 12, 2016
    The dev is an absolute crook! This game was sold on LIES. Where is the multiplayer component that was promised? Where was the debugging? This game constantly crashes! Are you kidding me? I buy games to play them! Not have them crash!!
  86. Aug 13, 2016
    The Universe could be so amazing, rich with activities and things to explore. What we get is a dull and repetetive item grind with planets which all look the same. Honestly the game became boring after just half an hour.

I thought this would be a full game, but it is merely an experiment which reached a dead end for $60. I would say, stay clear until price drops significantly. Watching a few streams playing it should be enough to feed your curiosity.
  87. Aug 14, 2016
    I didn't have any technical or performance problems when playing the game, on my extremely high-end gaming rig. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this game. It's basically a mining simulator. Also, the multiplayer fiasco is foremost in my mind as one of several lies that the developers told during the development of this game. I understand that priorities can change overI didn't have any technical or performance problems when playing the game, on my extremely high-end gaming rig. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this game. It's basically a mining simulator. Also, the multiplayer fiasco is foremost in my mind as one of several lies that the developers told during the development of this game. I understand that priorities can change over time, but "highly unlikely" and "not even implemented" are two different things. This developer has also filed DMCA claims against legitimate media sources covering the game on Youtube, even if they never leaked any content or linked to any leaked content. I have seen so much bad behavior from this developer, and this game is so underwhelming, that I can't bear to give it more than a 1 for effort. Expand
  88. Aug 17, 2016
    rebinding is fortunately here,but there's no rebinding some keys,and they're often shared,so if you rebind movement keys you'll have to get back to the other keys to make it work,hoping that they don't overwritte themselves.
    hey guys!not everyone plays with wasd,learn to implement a decent key interface
    hey guys!not everyone plays with wasd,learn to implement a decent key interface
    inventory is a mess,having to keep mouse button pressed instead of just clicking is idiotic.learn to design mouse interfaces.
    also mouse controls are horrible,there's lot of inertia and resistance,and not only in space flight.smoothing can't be turned off.
    plus,all the other problems people already talked about.
  89. Aug 13, 2016
    Don't buy this garbage, not "just yet" don't ever buy this but if you wanna make insane yourself be my guest im afraid repeat my self but again " don't " buy this terrible ,disgusting thing.
  90. Aug 13, 2016
    First off, I want to state that I am not having any of the problems that were reported minutes after the games release yesterday (8/12/2016). I am seeing a few stutters in the frame rate, but that's really about it.

I love exploration games. Flight Simulator, Train Simulator, Minecraft, Creativerse, 7 Days to Die, Fallout 4 the GTA franchise even Starbound. I can spend hours just wandering around looking at what the game or developer generated for me to explore.

No Man's Sky is pretty much the ultimate version of that type of game. With 18 Quintillion world in just one (of possibly many) galaxies, there is just no limit to my exploration bug.

World generation is crazy, making Minecraft look tame, The creatures and plants that live on these worlds are straight out of 1960's SciFi book covers and comic books.

There is even an underlying story to the four major races in the game (if there are four, I have only found one so far).

If I had any complaints, it would be inventory management or the early lack of inventory space is a pain. However I could say the same for pretty much every game I mentioned above. You can fairly quickly start increasing those spaces by finding objects on the planets that will increase your suits inventory.

A nit pick would be that planets usually don't bunch up together like they have here. There should be planets all around their star. I should have to fly past the star to get to planets that might be on the other side. Not the case here. They are all pretty much bunched up together. Physics wouldn't allow this, but hey. It's a game not a true simulator.

That's really it. The fact that there is probably one one "hand drawn" object in the game, the main alien races mentioned earlier. Everything else is put together by the game, Ships, Multi-tool guns, plants, animals, planets, everything. So far, they all look fantastic.

If you are into Minecraft, Creativerse, 7 Days to Die, you will be dropping those games in favor of No Man's Sky for quite some time. I absolutely recommend this one!
  91. Aug 29, 2016
    Performance issue, poor UI and load of missing features that were promised. This one is a real stinker. It is a real shame as I really had high hopes for this one.
  92. Aug 25, 2016
    Run away and save your money. The gaming cycle is boring, short and repetitive. Go to planet, find stuff, go to next planet and repeat. Here is hoping that mods will be able to make this game better. Watch youtube videos about how much Hello Games lied to sell this game.
  93. Aug 29, 2016
    Don't waste your time or money, I sadly did both. The game falls short of what was promised and is filled with more bugs and boredom than content. Don't let the number of x,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx.... planets fool you; x,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx... pairs of underpants are still just pairs of underpants, though to be honest perhaps still more fun.
  94. Sep 3, 2016
    No multiplayer (devs lied)
    No gameplay
    No exploration. Planets are all the same on the whole galaxy
    no story no point, just an alpha of some bad survival game
  95. Aug 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you want to pay $60 dollars for a game that runs terribly, has at most 5 hours of interesting content, an inventory system worse than Destiny's, combat worse than Minecraft's, numerous bugs/glitches, an insulting ending, and a developer that won't address the fact that they lied to everybody, then you should buy this game. Expand
  96. Oct 13, 2016
    This is a complete SCAM. The game first hours is "wow"... thinking on what you will do when you reach the levels shown in the trailers... but then you realize that the trailers, the interviews seen on youtube etc etc... are COMPLETELY FALSE! I bought the game and played more than 3 hours so i cannot recieve a refund from steam. What a shame.
  97. Aug 27, 2016
    So this is what it's like to flush your hard-earned money down the toilet. This should just be labeled a walking simulator because there's really not much else going on. Within 50 hours or so you've accomplished everything and then it's just repetitive junk. Gazillions of planets!!! That are the same just reskinned. Blehk.
  98. Aug 28, 2016
    A terrible port of a shallow and poorly designed monstrosity. Has the depth of a $10 indie game and the performance is a trainwreck. And although it's becoming more and more common for E3 demos to be absolutely nothing like the finished product, in this case they flat out lied about some of the most important features, like being able to see other players. Sean Murray is a scammer, andA terrible port of a shallow and poorly designed monstrosity. Has the depth of a $10 indie game and the performance is a trainwreck. And although it's becoming more and more common for E3 demos to be absolutely nothing like the finished product, in this case they flat out lied about some of the most important features, like being able to see other players. Sean Murray is a scammer, and this game is a falsely advertised abomination that is not even worth pirating. Expand
  99. Aug 29, 2016
    Incredibly false advertising, gameplay is shallow and clunky, no multiplayer, etc. Steam trailers show the game as incredibly smooth and clean, with great multiplayer aspects. If you are on the fence about this game, don't get it, the devs flat out lied and avoided giving prerelease keys to critics to keep the atrocity that is NMS from being reviewed until people had already purchased it
  100. Aug 30, 2016
    This game is not even worth 5€, I would play it for free. There is no MULTIPLAYER and there is nothing you have to do. Its all about a repeating of same **** different colors over and over again, a freaking array. DONT BUY

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 11, 2016
    No Man's Sky breaks the record in falling short of the hype – which is an incredible achievement in the category of super ambitious space games. The huge universe is a repetitive, lifeless and meaningless place, no amount of random generated creatures can change that. The most unforgivable fail is making the spaceship such a pain to fly, which makes exploring the vast universe simply a chore. However, at its best the game is epic and many of the issues should be easy to fix, so this might not be the end of the journey after all. [Sept 2016]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 2, 2016
    It's partially broken, shallow, repetitive and aimless, but hang me, I still kind of love it. [Issue#255, p.56]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Sep 27, 2016
    While some poorly designed systems and mechanics chip away at your patience, the feeling of flying seamlessly from space down to a peninsula you spotted from orbit never fails to enthrall. [Nov 2016, p.106]