7.3

1. Aug 31, 2020
    The gameplay might be a hit and miss with some, but the art direction and soundtrack is sublime. The writing is surprisingly good as well, with some well crafted jokes and intriguing character backstories.
  2. Sep 5, 2020
    A Game with a nice idea, but bad execution , the Style, the music, the characters are all 100/100
    But, its demise it's the gameplay, and the stages , movement is way too clunky making the most simple platforming such hell, the stages, while they look pretty well, are very simple with literal no range of normal "minions" to defeat, its always the same 3 enemies repainted with a small tweak.

If this game would have focus a lot more into the boss rush mode, with the double or triple the bosses and leaving the normal enemies out of it could have been amazing!
  3. Aug 31, 2020
    I played the game first on Switch then later on PC (Do NOT buy the Switch version)

Gameplay 3/10: I bought into the hype of the idea of a rhythm based action game when I first saw the trailer and now I'm feeling disappointed. Movement and combat feels stiff and the gameplay is a chore outside of the boss battles. At first I thought this was going to be a boss rush game but then

Gameplay 3/10:

At first I thought this was going to be a boss rush game but then the game also has you do other stuff that feels rather pointless and not polished. Such as, exploring a rather empty city, fighting the same 3 robot minions over and over again and talking to npcs that just say a few lines of dialogue.

The ending also doesn't really feel satisfying or worth the effort of completing the game. The final stage being an endless wave of the same 3 robots that you have already fought many times. Honestly, the ending just feels rushed / lazy.

Ohh and there are bugs. Lots of bugs in the game. I was going to give this a 5 / 10 but bugs and crashes bring it down to 3 / 10.

Music 10/10:
    Easily the best part of this game. I don't need to say too much, just play any of their soundtracks on youtube and you will get what I mean. I will probably continue to listen to the soundtracks for the next few weeks.

Visuals 4/10:
    I hear a lot of people talking about the visuals but honestly it doesn't work for me.

I love the character designs and the eccentricities of the world but unfortunately there are a lot of blurry textures and muddy colors in the game.

There are also way too makes blinking lights on the stages when you are trying to focus on the combat. It makes it too distracting to focus on the gameplay especially when you being bombarded with 3 - 4 attacks all coming from different directions.

Its even worse on the switch, with the smaller screen size and downgraded textures (seriously, why would this kind of game have visual optimization issues when BOTW can run smoothly on the Switch?)

Story 5/10:
    Story is decent. Its a pretty linear story with no branching paths or alternative endings. Its not bad but its nothing to write home about. If anything, I do enjoy the witty dialogues but the voice acting needs some improvements.

Conclusion:
    Overall, this is not an experience that I would recommend. It would probably be enjoyable to watch on youtube though, so you can fully enjoy the music and cutscenes while not having to care about the gameplay.

Because I bought the game first on Switch, then on PC, thinking it would be better there, I am giving this review a 3 / 10.
  4. Aug 26, 2020
    "No straight roads" is a very stylish rhythm game with two problems: You have to like it's style, and it's not you who is abiding to the rhythm.

You just hack and slash your way through waves of enemies that are attacking to the rhythm. The music is more a distraction from what you are supposed to be doing; it will actually make the fights easier if you tune down the volume. Which

Which fits the general theme and story, meaning that it doesn't make any sense at all. It's all very quirky and joyful and colorful, except of course for the constant condecesion for music that is not "rock", which is ironic given the very quirky and very joyful soundtrack that has nothing to do with rock, and you are at no point the one performing it. So have a look at the oh so quirky and joyful and colorful videos out there and check if you like the style (and the music), because the gameplay is repetitive and, even though it's trying really hard to hide it under quirky and joyful and colorful effects, not innovative at all.

It is obviously tailored for parties and coop and might perform better if you are surrounded by inebriated people.

They might also be more forgiving about the glitches or outright crashes. Which, if you don't like the style and the music, can be a plus.
  5. Sep 2, 2020
    As it stands, No Straight Roads is not a $40 experience. In short, it seems like the aesthetic was given way more attention than the game itself. The game feels like it had heart put into it, which makes me sad to leave this negative review, but I hope it will inspire the developers to learn from their mistakes.

The music is great and adapts to what's going on in the gameplay. The

The music is great and adapts to what's going on in the gameplay. The character designs are creative and their animations are expressive. The writing is funny and entertaining. These things make the game look polished at first glance, but underneath, it's riddled with bugs and poor gameplay.

The voice acting is a little rough. The characters have heavy accents, which isn't inherently a problem, but a lot of voice lines are unintelligible or delivered with an unnatural intonation. Some lines are delivered fantastically. Some are absolutely awful. It is worth noting that every line of dialogue in this game is voiced.

I encountered visual and dialogue-related bugs constantly throughout the game. I encountered a black screen bug frequently in the home base area. If you manually skip lines of NPC dialogue early, whatever system automatically advances the dialogue ends up affecting the next line of dialogue instead, possibly skipping the next line. Characters in cutscenes sometimes start speaking too early, causing them to talk over each other and breaking the lip sync. This happened during the cutscene right before the final boss, so I quit the game because I didn't feel like I was experiencing it properly.

The concept of the core gameplay is great, but it was not executed well. The gameplay claims revolve around the idea that enemies attack to the beat of the music, but their attacks are not grouped and patterned in an intuitive way. This makes it very difficult to track the pattern of more than one or two enemies at at time, and there can be over 5 at once. As a result, the enemy attack patterns don't feel learnable. Sometimes the enemies can be out of your vision, but you may still be in range of their attacks or very close to being in range. Enemies that shoot projectiles are especially bad; the trajectory of their projectiles is not clearly telegraphed, and the projectiles will probably hit you before you even realize the enemy exists. Some boss attacks don't feel like they are synced to the music well; visual cues tend to serve you much better than audio cues. Attacks often come out on musical beats that aren't noteworthy, making them feel like they're "off". Others have noted a lack of enemy variety, but given the game's inspiration from rhythm games, more intuitive arrangement of enemies and obstacles would have made the attack patterns more engaging and made the lack of variety a non-issue.

The game is also very short, consisting of only 6 or 7 bosses and around 4 or 5 gauntlets. You'll get maybe three hours of real gameplay, and the rest of the game is filler. If you don't plan on replaying the game at the higher difficulty levels or to achieve a higher score, then there's not much content. The poor gameplay mentioned in the paragraph above makes replaying the game at a higher difficulty a very unattractive option.

No Straight Roads is full of bugs and has unintuitive gameplay, making playing the game a pretty rough experience. The game is also extremely short. The game looks pretty on the surface, but it's unpleasant to play. I don't feel like the experience was worth $40, even if there weren't any bugs, due to the game's short length and its failure to cleanly implement its core mechanic.
  6. Sep 1, 2020
    This game has great music and characters but sadly falls short on almost every other aspect.
  7. Aug 31, 2020
    The game looks promising initially but as of this moment the game is just not finished and has a lot of problems. I bought the game on launch day and my experience was buggy with multiple crashes. The last parts of the game also feels rushed. The final boss repeats the same attacks for every phase and the ending sequence has you repeat the same filler gameplay that you've been doing forThe game looks promising initially but as of this moment the game is just not finished and has a lot of problems. I bought the game on launch day and my experience was buggy with multiple crashes. The last parts of the game also feels rushed. The final boss repeats the same attacks for every phase and the ending sequence has you repeat the same filler gameplay that you've been doing for the last 4 - 5 hours. Its like they did not know what to do with it so they just slapped something together to ship the game. That said, the music is great though just not really on par with the quality of the gameplay. Makes it less worth it when you can just listen to the music on loop on youtube. Expand
  8. Sep 1, 2020
    Ambitious idea but really bad execution. There's just too many hiccups in this game to let this one pass...
  9. Aug 27, 2020
    I don't think this was made by Indie Developer, Alot of effort in the game like Visual, Gameplay, Music and Voice Acting. It's a plus for adding minigame and it's a banger!! (DK WEST IS THE BEST!!).
  10. Aug 28, 2020
    This game is a love letter to music in general, the character are great plus they all have such wonderful designs honestly if the game didn't have as many bugs as it does now it would be a perfect game but near perfect is great to
  11. Aug 31, 2020
    Full of colour and passion. Music is top notch. Despite what other people are saying, I love the gameplay a lot. It’s simple enough for me to focus on the music. No camera rotation required allowed for a stress-free play for me to listen to the beat. Difficulty was well-balanced and I love that it had a bite... some indie games are out there are way too easy. Bugs are a small issueFull of colour and passion. Music is top notch. Despite what other people are saying, I love the gameplay a lot. It’s simple enough for me to focus on the music. No camera rotation required allowed for a stress-free play for me to listen to the beat. Difficulty was well-balanced and I love that it had a bite... some indie games are out there are way too easy. Bugs are a small issue compared to what the game can deliver. Easy GOTY for me. Expand
  12. Sep 1, 2020
    The game is epic. Super awesome music! Great animation and very original style
  13. Sep 1, 2020
    Fun, flashy hack n' slash with groovy tunes and a memorable cast. Gameplay falls a bit short of the bar set by the art, but that's not saying much- this game has style to spare.
  14. Sep 4, 2020
    I really hope the developers take the time to fix all these gameplay issues because they are hard to justify given the $40 price point of this game. Even without all these bugs, the price for the game is still questionable given the relatively short and unpolished gameplay.

Some people are saying that this game is made by a small team but if you pay attention to the credits, there is at least 100 people and several studios involved in the making of this game. It's certainly not AAA but that is a MASSIVE budget for an indie game. Additionally, the Metronomik team has assistance from a big publisher and has also received the Epic Games exclusivity grant.

With the amount of people involved as well as the pricing of the game, I feel that this game needs be compared with other action games of similar price points especially if games like Psychonauts ($20) and Child of Light ($15) are considered non-indie. I wouldn't mind paying $40 for this kind of game if the gameplay actually is good. But as it is right now, the lack of content and quality in NSR's gameplay makes it difficult to give this one a pass.
  15. Aug 30, 2020
    It is interest to play the local-made video game because I am the Malaysian.

But it is the Metronomik's debut title, maybe most of the debut titles are harder to get the positive reception. After I played this game, it truly feels to be emotion if you are in loving the music as every music fans in genre specifics. I know that specifically local gamers are very interest to shown the
    It is interest to play the local-made video game because I am the Malaysian.

After I played this game, it truly feels to be emotion if you are in loving the music as every music fans in genre specifics. I know that specifically local gamers are very interest to shown the feel of the true local, but there is need more to make it completely if the oversea players worth to play this game.

So as the review score on the local perspective, the overall of this game is generally positive, worth to playing for local gamers. And the overseas perspective have different opinions makes the game needs to fill the content more on the positive direction, so the overall on overseas perspective are lower than the generally positive.

I hope there is developing the enhanced version or reimagined version of the game for the oversea players truly worth playing, should the title called "NO STRAIGHT ROADS: THE FINAL +"?

Overall
    -----------
    Local Perspective: 8/10
    Overseas Perspective: 6.5/10
  16. Sep 1, 2020
    Been waiting for this game for years and I must say I am not disappointed. Great boss fights, stylish from start to finish, good story and awesome soundtrack.

Only part I'm not crazy about is the segments against DK West. Would rather a regular boss fight, but my gripe with them is due to my own poor skill at that type of game so I'm not gonna ding the game for my own problem.
  17. Sep 3, 2020
    This game isn't a perfect game, but it's a great piece of work, very ambitious and full of passion.
    This is an indie game? Are you kidding me? Great!
    Aside from the game's great background music and engaging characters, a great feature of the game is that it has been translated into many languages. The Japanese dubbing in particular is superb and I was very much entertained by the
    This is an indie game? Are you kidding me? Great!

The Japanese dubbing in particular is superb and I was very much entertained by the uncompromising acting.

The battle system is also innovative, and when you defeat a boss character to the rhythm of the music, you feel like you're one with the game. I really like that feeling.

There are some bugs, glitches, and a very few unreasonable difficulties, but that's not the game's fatal flaw.
    The game's music, characters, and world are enough to make me want to play other games that the studio metronomik will make in the future.
  18. Sep 3, 2020
    No Straight Roads is a fresh, colorful and energetic new IP. The art design is superb and the music is amazing. The game is not too long, but it has replayability value. It is not exactly a rhythm game, but you will play way better if you listen to the music and understand how the enemies behave, as they all follow the beats in some way. I don't get all the fuss about the camera issues, ifNo Straight Roads is a fresh, colorful and energetic new IP. The art design is superb and the music is amazing. The game is not too long, but it has replayability value. It is not exactly a rhythm game, but you will play way better if you listen to the music and understand how the enemies behave, as they all follow the beats in some way. I don't get all the fuss about the camera issues, if you get how the game works then there is no need for the camera to not be fixed at times. I've also ready people saying the game is a bullet hell at times, I just believe they haven't fully understood the mechanics. Once you understand how the enemies work, they can all be avoided. It's hard, but not chaotic.
    The story is not too deep, but the characters are charming and relatable to the point where I'd watch an animated series of it, if it were to exist. Definitely recommended. It made 2020 way better for me.
  19. Aug 28, 2020
    The game is amazing as I expected , and I've been following the game's development since last year.
    This game is worth it's price and not to mention it's available in all platforms too.
    It's not everyday you get to see and play an action based rythm game ,especially with a banger soundtrack , fun character designs in a vibrant, stylized world. The slightest con about this game is the

The slightest con about this game is the minor bugs and glitches in the game that kind of made it uneasy for the players , like Yinu's fight, when I've played the demo, everything was well, however in the game release, the attacks seems inevitable.I hope the jumping and rolling mechanics can be fixed in the future.

Overall, seeing this game flourished to the fans and the world makes my day. Thank you Sold Out and Metronomik
  20. Aug 28, 2020
    No Straight Roads (NSR) looks very shiny and cool game.
    The cutscene got 'A Hat in Time' vibes and it's beautiful.
    Story and is cool with the few slangs here and there, i noticed the Malaysian famous 'lah' there. The graphic is gorgeous too. The only few problems with the game is, the beat itself. For some reason it doesn't get along with the rhythm. Their attack should be rhymed
    No Straight Roads (NSR) looks very shiny and cool game.
    The cutscene got 'A Hat in Time' vibes and it's beautiful.

The graphic is gorgeous too.

The only few problems with the game is, the beat itself. For some reason it doesn't get along with the rhythm. Their attack should be rhymed with the beats too.

The game should also have quick time event since there are lots of beats included.
  21. Aug 29, 2020
    This game is both stylish, colourful and fun to play. While it isn't always the case that you fight to the rhythm, it benefits you to listen to the beat of the catchy songs in both dodging attacks and Parrying attacks back at the variety of bosses. Especially on some of the harder difficulties.

The story is interesting in that it isn't just EDM vs Rock, it's also the main characters fighting for people who love all types of music, and wanting things other than EDM to be a part of the bigger companies. It isn't just a indie rock duo crapping on EDM like others have suggested the story is; seen especially with the final message that's given in the story.

The game is short sadly, you can do the main story in maybe 6 hours, but depending on your play style or how busy you are, that could be great for you. The fact it's short means if you don't have a lot of time, you can gradually finish the story; unlike a lot of AAA games that expect you to spend 40+ hours to finish it. Each boss has different difficulties and other plays styles for replayability, which makes the game last longer, and I found in most cases, the harder, the more fun. I would have liked more bosses, but the game is still amazing none the less.

The game does have bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking, and most are easily fixable or go away on their own. The company has addressed that they will be fixing those with patches.

Overall, if you want a rhythm based game that's easy to get into, has a great soundtrack and memorable characters, I definitely recommend this.
  22. Sep 7, 2020
    fun, vibrant, and unique. the game is has very charming characters and seeing them interact makes me happy
  23. Aug 31, 2020
    A really fun and challenging game, even if you're not good at rhythm games! The world building and characters both the designs and writing are fantastic. A few glitches here and there and a little too short for me, only because i wanted more lore from the game. The ending was predictable but I cried anyways.
    Definitely don't mind a dlc or a sequel r the game. I just love the characters so much and wish to explore each of the villains. I adore them so much.
  24. Sep 1, 2020
    El juego es muy divertido y bueno, el problema son los bugs que espero que arreglen pronto
  25. Sep 1, 2020
    One of the best music and sound design I've ever heard while playing the game. Most of the voice actors did a great job in portraying the vivid personalities of the characters (though sometimes it's difficult to get used to the Malaysian accent in some characters, though I enjoyed most of it). Definitely not the best fighting game as it is quite easy to miss hits if your character is notOne of the best music and sound design I've ever heard while playing the game. Most of the voice actors did a great job in portraying the vivid personalities of the characters (though sometimes it's difficult to get used to the Malaysian accent in some characters, though I enjoyed most of it). Definitely not the best fighting game as it is quite easy to miss hits if your character is not positioned properly, but I believe that most people bought the game for the music and to support the Malaysian Indie Game Development Industry. Expand
  26. Sep 1, 2020
    Simply wonderful game... creative sparks of joy... team is open to fan feedback which is a huge plus. Has a good moral of the story, gameplay is outstanding and simple enough to follow. Worth the money for the creativity alon... still can’t believe it was made by a small indie company... blows my mind!
  27. Sep 5, 2020
    I was watching this game for a long time. Glad it came out. Definitely one of the best indie games to come out for a couple of years now. Sound track is great. Character design is great. Art is beautiful. Only things I would feel iffy on is the level design for pre-boss fights, and how certain bosses you just stand around half the time. For example 1010 got those shields and in the harderI was watching this game for a long time. Glad it came out. Definitely one of the best indie games to come out for a couple of years now. Sound track is great. Character design is great. Art is beautiful. Only things I would feel iffy on is the level design for pre-boss fights, and how certain bosses you just stand around half the time. For example 1010 got those shields and in the harder difficulties, you kinda have to sit around waiting for the parry. Besides that, I wish there was just more to the game and story. It was great. I would've loved to see more interaction between the characters. More DJ Subatomic Supernova being a snob. He could've been talking on an intercom as you progress through a level or something. Multiple levels. More moves. These are things I wished would've been in the game. But, it's an indie passion project, and it is definitely something I can't even get close to creating if I had the same tools. I just wish to see more work by these same developers and artists. James Landino and Funk Fiction especially. I look forward to future games with such colorful and beautiful environments. Expand
  28. Sep 7, 2020
    One of the most creative games I have played.The style, characters and story make up for the gameplay which can be buggy at times.My only problem is that the Switch version of the game has too many bugs but I know that the team is working hard to remove them.
  29. Sep 7, 2020
    Really good everything. Good music, good voice acting, good character design,etc.
  30. Sep 20, 2020
    Like other reviewers have mentioned, the story and music is good but the gameplay is very very bad.

Combat is stiff and clunky. Hitting enemies feels like you are hitting a rock. They don't have any pain animation or hit feedback. They just continue doing whatever they are doing while you are hitting them which makes the gameplay feel really unsatisfying. Movement is also not tight and the jumping is floaty. The camera is fixed during battles and often placed at poor angles that looks cool to watch but doesn't play very well. One of the main mechanics in this game is that you can play music to transform objects but you don't really do much with this mechanic. There are not many objects that you can transform. Most of the time, the transformed objects will either shoot something or do something that is not clearly explained to the player - either way they will do some damage to the enemies. It's not as creative as say, Nintendo games where you must use the the core mechanics to solve puzzles. Here there are no puzzles to solve, you just need to hit everything. There also isn't much gameplay involving rhythm - sure the enemies all attack to the beat but that's about it.

There's also a city hub which you are supposed to explore that feels very weird. The game is called No Straight Roads but all of the roads in the city are straight. The whole city is basically one straight path from start to end. There also isn't much to do in the city unlike other games where you can buy items, help npcs, play mini games, find secrets etc. Wish there was more more stuff you can do in the city that could expand on the world building. In local multiplayer mode, the camera only focuses on the first player which means that the second player cannot explore the city.

Not to mention, the game is very buggy and unfinished. Although a lot of the bugs are visual, it really detracts from the experience because I would expect more polish from a $40 game. In almost every stage, there's always objects clipping against walls, textures that look muddy and objects popping in while missing vfx. In some cases, cutscene and dialogue audio is out of sync and sometimes the game crashes. Some gameplay sequences end abruptly leaving you to wonder whether there was supposed to be more but was cut out.

The level designs are also very bad, especially for the security levels. A lot of the segments are repeated and the placement of the props feels awkward. Like for example, there are trees on top of a concrete floor, spotlights appearing out of nowhere, street lights not arranged properly, giant props that are not meant for human-size characters and many more. It looks like the level designers just randomly put props around the levels without thinking. The lighting is also very rough and the colors are off in certain sections. For example, the Sayu stage on the first platform, you can tell that the color saturation is very different from the rest of the stage. In addition, a lot of the levels have this extremely flashy colors and mirror-like reflective floors which makes it very difficult to focus on the gameplay.

Overall, this game is either a hit or miss with some players. If you play the game for the music, visuals and the story, you might have a good time. For me, its a miss though. Because I prefer a much better gameplay when I'm playing a game and I expected more from this game. Like many people said, this game actually looks more fun to watch on YouTube than it is to play. Also it would be better if the game is $20 instead of $40.
  31. Aug 26, 2020
    Made in Malaysia by handsome chads, and mens of culture.

Fun gameplay, good music, reminding us about good old days music theme games.
    Thumb up to Metronomik NSR.
  32. Aug 28, 2020
    This game has so much to love and even more to swoon for with it’s hilarious humor, vibrant and colorful artstyle, superb voice acting, AMAZING soundtrack, fun gameplay, and a storyline that touches on the current state of the music industry and music lovers being monopolized by EDM and how there truly is room for more genres to be showcased and appreciated. As someone who has been in theThis game has so much to love and even more to swoon for with it’s hilarious humor, vibrant and colorful artstyle, superb voice acting, AMAZING soundtrack, fun gameplay, and a storyline that touches on the current state of the music industry and music lovers being monopolized by EDM and how there truly is room for more genres to be showcased and appreciated. As someone who has been in the music industry and was once a signed singer and songwriter; I can appreciate the love and passion that went into the creation of this majestic title and honestly this game has a very special place in my heart as not many games dare to do what this game has done and done so well and as a gamer and a musician I love it all the more for it. NO STRAIGHT ROADS is an accurate title for what the music industry is and this game most definitely is a MUST OWN that YOU NEED in your collection Expand
  33. Aug 30, 2020
    La verdad esperé demasiado del juego pero voy a poner los pros y contras ahora que ya lo terminé

Pros: El estilo y diseño de los personajes es tremendo, el humor, las voces y la música también, es algo que se nota de principio a fin Contras: El gameplay es malo, el plataformer tiene camaras muy malas y tampoco se notan las sombras como para saber donde vas a caer, la historia esta

Contras: El gameplay es malo, el plataformer tiene camaras muy malas y tampoco se notan las sombras como para saber donde vas a caer, la historia esta hecha para infantes, si no sos un niño la historia se te va a hacer muy mala, los bosses algunos estan bien hechos, otros directamente son un bullethell con ritmo, el problema es que te podes hacer combos pero no te dan ningun momento para usarlos, es pasársela esquivando para ir dando dos golpecitos

Conclusión: La realidad es que quería sentir el rock con este juego pero no me movió ni un pelo, no la sentí, fue totalmente olvidable, es para un público infantil solo que no te lo dice en ningún lado, no es un mal juego para los niños, pero si tenes de 15 para arriba recomendaría pasar de largo, en mi opinión

Pd: no le desconté puntos por los bugs, estos después se resuelven con parches
  34. Sep 5, 2020
    Ce jeu est génial et à recommander, non seulement pour sa music qui est entraînante, les personnages qui sont tous attachant, le graphisme qui est magnifique, l'histoire est unique. Je suis aussi contente, car Julien Chièze Youtubeur à donner sa voix à un personnages qui est juste parfait
  35. Aug 27, 2020
    About My Final Review on Game No Straight Roads

About My Final Review on Game No Straight Roads

1) Story = 8.5/10 = Story actually pretty good at first..since its story more about revolution of the Rocks through the Edm rules...what is i impressed most on this story got subtitle text Bahasa Melayu which make us proud about this game...kinda funny as hell tho..really wish got Malay dub on this game(yea i know only DK West and Zuke got bit malay dub)...just only bit letdown for me is this game story are pretty short but its story are decent anyway

2) Char Design/Voice Actor = 9/10 = So far in through my stream gameplay to end...based voice language English(dunno about japan one will try later on) are decent voice actor got Malanglish sound actor style XD like DK West and Zuke....their Char Design are not bad at all...just felt cartonish bit,wish they make like anime kimetsu no yaiba char design one hehe..haha some are thought its more picasco character XD

3) GamePlay = 9/10 = Gameplay are good..felt like play game kingdom hearts as well..its action rhythm style or action adventure indie game..which just hack and slash then find some manuever points to target flying enemies efficiently,roll and avoid the strongest attack based their notes of song rhythm style from boss..which pretty cool for me...wish got reaction command like game kingdom hearts or ff15 on this game muhehe

4) Crafting Features/Skills tree = 8/10 = Their Prime weapon only like Mayday is Guitar style and Zuke is Drum style only...their Skill tree also got variant based on their tier skill lvl from lvl 1 to lvl 4 to improve their stat for more better...i basically love see the skills tree name into Bahasa Malaysia...making me laugh a lot XDD..like melee=huru hara,health point=kesihatan...Skill Zuke name:Fesyen Rambut Terbakar...Berdekah aku dibuatnya(making me Lmao) XD and the rest skill name...its really super funny see those skill in Bahasa Melayu...wondering who make that sub text language Bahasa Malaysia is Champion of Malaysia haha

5) Graphic = 8.5/10 = In my opionion about this graphic its pretty cool and good environment..got vibe Malaysia and Japan...love at place AkuSuka(i like) Gahahahaha so funny that place name idea..got felt vibe place like Japan's harajuku,akihabara and KL Midvalley..combined mix feeling vibe...so its pretty cool environment area

Total = (8.5+9+9+8+8.5)/5 = 8.6/10 Rating of Final Review= Overall for me its good action rhythm indie game...one of best local Malaysia that i can support muhehe but sadly bit letdown for me its Story are pretty short..can finish this game within 3 hours to 6 hours straight play...hope they make longer than that on next upcoming their game...Anyway Thank you so much Wan Hazmer.Daim Dziauddin and their team Metronomik..you guys are awesome for make this game hehe,hope improve better on next one...Proud to be Malaysian...ok that's my review hehe..Thank you guys for reading My Review...Arigatou ****

Reviewed by : DavisCrimson
  36. Sep 21, 2020
    This game is the most underrated gem of 2020! it's everything i wanted for battletoads. Beautiful and charm female character. Over the top music. Incredible animation and really funny jokes. No political correctness in any single sense. This game is a miracle
  37. Sep 11, 2020
    The first game by Metronomik is really promising and breath-taking. While the gameplay may be a bit average but the music itself are indeed praiseworthy.
  38. Sep 12, 2020
    No Straight Roads
    No Straight Roads is a 5 hour long beat em up game that can be played either solor or local coop where you play as Zuke and Mayday who set out to bring rock back to vinyl city
    and to do this you have to take on NSRs top EDM musicians and gather new fans and a following. There are 5 main artists here, all with their own unique feel to them which is no straight road’s
    No Straight Roads
    There are 5 main artists here, all with their own unique feel to them which is no straight road’s best accomplishment.. its world building, its character building, its story… this is such a fun world to exist in.. I couldn’t wait to take down the next boss in this game after beating one… and in between these boss battles is a little hub world full of collectables you can use to boost your weapons or upgrade the town a bit to gather new fans.. which in turn helps you unlock game boosts and abilities in your skill tree, making it that much more important to do your best in these boss battles… as primarily this is a score chasing game, unfortunately though the gameplay isn’t nearly as great as the rest of the game and its presentation is…
    on your way to each boss is a series of security levels, here youll take on robots that attack to the beat of the song, but it really is just an unengaging button mashing fest from each floor until you eventually get to the boss, and this is no straight roads biggest flaw, the gameplay, the combat, the platofmring.. it’s all a dud.. youre bashing square, occasionally shooting enemies in the distance and collecting power cells to upgrade the hubworld which is these sections saving grace… I enjoy the collecting more than I do every other aspect outside of the boss battles, and even the platforming is annoying thanks to a lack of any camera control… thankfully though these lackluster levels are worth getting to for the grand finale, the boss battles…
    As a score chasing game, its all about score.. so this isn’t really a game that sets out to give you a challenging boss to beat, but rather beat this boss in the fastest time taking the least amount of damage as possible, a even if you fail youre given the option to continue from that spot but forfitting any chance of a great score, which means lower amount of fans earned by the end.. but I feel this sortve defeates the purpose.. the only point of getting a good score is to get more fans so that you can be more powerful, but whats the point of being powerful if you have infinite continues to get through the games story…
    really making all of the skill tree and rpg systems in this game pretty pointless…
    Overall though no straight roads is a plesent surprise, it’s a unique experience with a great world worth visting, and some of the best characters this generation of games has to offer,
    I give no straight roads
    a 7.5/10
  39. Oct 11, 2020
    A true masterpiece, if you tune in to the wave of this game. Nice gameplay, amazing music, story, characters that are very interesting to watch and follow. And also really good jokes.

Of course there are graphical bugs like when you can look beyond the city, or on the PC version there is a struggle with the interface in the menus. It would be great to have fixed bugs that prevent you from enjoying the atmosphere and exploring. I hope this happens.
  40. Oct 5, 2020
    A fun, colourful game with cool characters and an amazing story! Game itself could definitely use some polish in spots but outside of that it's so enjoyable.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 3, 2020
    The art, the music and the characters are all beautifully composed to deliver a pleasant audiovisual experience, but it's in the gameplay aspect that this game starts to fall apart. No Straight Roads has a lot of ideas, but most of them don't go well with each other, especially in combat, and when they do go well together it can be a bit difficult to understand what's going on on screen.
  2. Aug 31, 2020
    You really need to play No Straight Roads. While the gameplay isn't amazing, the presentation is, and it's flawed in some truly interesting ways.
  3. Aug 31, 2020
    The core game design of No Straight Roads attempts to synchronize action and music, but unfortunately it misses the mark. Also, a lack of clear explanation makes this a flawed action game as a whole. That being said, visuals heavily inspired by Japanese video games, amazing sound design and lovable characters give NSR the potential to become a cult classic.