7.7

1. Apr 19, 2020
    I really like this game, but...

You can play up to 8 and there are 6 clans in the base version of the game. See the problem ? I don't think mirror matches should be a thing in an RTS. 8 different clans should be the very least, 12 (for example) would problably be wiser to at least allow some flexibility. I am waiting for the base game (DLC excluded !) to contain a decent number
    I really like this game, but...

You can play up to 8

and

there are 6 clans in the base version of the game.

See the problem ? I don't think mirror matches should be a thing in an RTS. 8 different clans should be the very least, 12 (for example) would problably be wiser to at least allow some flexibility. I am waiting for the base game (DLC excluded !) to contain a decent number of clans to change my red score into a green score and write a more extensive review. Until then, the red score is a sanction for asking 5 dollars for one single new clan !
  2. Jul 19, 2020
    A clone of "The settlers" very simplified without roads, with only a few buildings and a simple chain of production. If we were in 1990 i imagine it would be rated as an original game but now if you want to play "the settlers" just find you a good emulator and a avoid this useless copy
  3. Apr 22, 2020
    This has the makings of a good game but its odd ball attitude to developing land with restrictions like 3/3 buildings in a large area of land where more buildings could be constructed makes it unreasonably and illogically hard to develop your settlement.

I'm really at a loss to understand why game developers these days don't use common sense and apply the keep it simple rule. Being too clever can mean making a game un-enjoyable and frustrating. Such is the case here.
  4. Apr 13, 2020
    Northgard is a great RTS
    The game main focus is on colonizing new territories and resources balancing, although you need to fight for almost every territory against creeps or other players.
    There are 11 clans, 5 of them are DLCs with most of the clans have same units. Mainly, the differences between the non-DLC clans is the bonuses and special abilities (some clans have unique units /
    Northgard is a great RTS

There are 11 clans, 5 of them are DLCs with most of the clans have same units.
    Mainly, the differences between the non-DLC clans is the bonuses and special abilities (some clans have unique units / buildings).
    The DLC clans are more different one from another and from the non-DLC clans, by having unique mechanisms like own resources, slaves, sacrifice system and etc.

The game skirmish has a lot of customization options and with the maps being generated randomly (map starts undiscovered).
    There is only 1 campaign, shared by the 6 non-DLC clan, with a total of 11 missions.
    There is also a conquest campaign, where you choose a clan from all the 11 clans, and you have 11 missions, usually like skirmish but with special rules, and you get bonus for each mission (the maps are generated randomly).
  5. Apr 23, 2020
    I haven't played strategy games since the Command & Conquer days quite honestly. I thought it's important to mention where I'm coming from, and that I'm not hardcore into RTS games.
    Northgard looked pretty simple in that regard (in a good way), kind of what a strategy game would look like on a Nintendo switch.
    Well, the problem is that it's mostly about defending your base from wave

Well, the problem is that it's mostly about defending your base from wave after wave of enemies landing on your island. Even with the upgrade system, it gets tedious after a while without variety. Like for example you taking the fight to the enemy, or setting ambushes at sea. Overall, I didn't finish the game, it was fun for a short while, but if you are not much into the basic premise of the game, there isn't much else that will sustain the interest.
  6. Jul 17, 2020
    it is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is goodit is good
  7. May 9, 2020
    Really good RTS and I thoroughly enjoyed playing through the single player campaign - would happily purchase any single player campaign DLC.

Felt a little different from a lot of RTS, in that expansion needs to be slow and steady for most of each mission.
  8. May 26, 2021
    Northgard is an exceptionally good game whose support has still not ended. The creators respond to the needs of players on an ongoing basis by adding new clans or cosmetic options.
    The gameplay is straightforward, but each clan requires a different approach. Sometimes these differences are bigger, sometimes smaller. Certainly, thanks to the numerous game modes and the campaign, we can ensure the game for many dozen hours.
    (It should be added that the game has a very atmospheric soundtrack, although for some it is too calm.)
  9. Aug 2, 2020
    The game is fun. You assign different jobs to the workers and you can create a nice little game. It is also about surviving in harsh weather and fending off draugers. The game is a little slow though. Wish they had a fast version. Hope they continue to make additional titles or improve upon northgard if they ever make a second one.
  10. Apr 16, 2021
    bom jogos bom jogos bom jogos bom jogos bom jogos bom jogos bom jogos bom..
  11. Nov 27, 2020
    A really great game, super simple so if your not into that look elsewhere but a really great game. i have gotten many hours in on this game with friends and its simple enough (amount of available buildings) that i feel like almost anyone can pick this game up and go. I absolutely loved the campaign to recover the horn was fun and couldnt stop playing to see where it ended up, With mostA really great game, super simple so if your not into that look elsewhere but a really great game. i have gotten many hours in on this game with friends and its simple enough (amount of available buildings) that i feel like almost anyone can pick this game up and go. I absolutely loved the campaign to recover the horn was fun and couldnt stop playing to see where it ended up, With most games like this i gave it a 9 because i feel like they could have developed more campaigns to play in this style without breaking any kind of budget. Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2021
    Its honestly just never really changed much since release, and they continue to add stuff that no one really cares about in the form of DLC factions. The game play can't really be described as complex, but more of the mundane variety where you are constantly forced to assign roles for villagers, and then quickly eliminate or alter those roles in order to keep everything balanced. A lotIts honestly just never really changed much since release, and they continue to add stuff that no one really cares about in the form of DLC factions. The game play can't really be described as complex, but more of the mundane variety where you are constantly forced to assign roles for villagers, and then quickly eliminate or alter those roles in order to keep everything balanced. A lot of things seem to matter at first, but then you learn that they aren't actually that important, like food income for example.

Iron mines and stones mines still take far too long to collect their resources. They're also finite on a map, which is compounded by the problem with large maps being that you can never hope of colonizing all of the tiles, in fact most of the time you stop at about six. The randomly generated maps and enemies often put you in strange situations that you can't react to right away. They sometimes take several seasons of waiting in order to have what you need to get rid of a threat just one tile over.

Lore kind of breaks the game, not in the fact that the upgrades from research are too good, but the fact that you can simply spend a lot of time collecting/ generating as much lore as possible and the upgrades end up all being match transforming. The AI opponents have no way of keeping up in terms of research. The NPC AI or various neutral/ unfriendly factions on a map are still completely ridiculous and only serve to annoy you or drain your military in order to keep them off of potential tile expansions.

As far as I know, the "Dragon" clan are the only faction in the game that play quite differently, whereas the rest are virtually identical. They keep advertising new DLC clans, and honestly I just don't understand what they bring to the table at this point. The player base is still quite small, and you get a lot of players that drop out of matches simply because at some point things get very dull. This is a game that can feel like wasting time while you're waiting for enough of a resource to make any progress and I just don't like it at all.

D-/10 It tries its darndest to look and feel like Warcraft, but it has none of the bite or style. The actual mechanics are so hopelessly tedious and they honestly should've been scrapped.
  13. May 21, 2021
    Mükemmel bir strateji keşif oyunu indirime girdi bütün dlc + saundtrack leriyle aldım müQ
  14. May 27, 2021
    Before buying this game, ask yourself - would you like to play the game that exists only for devs to squeeze it until the last coin you can give to them? I don't mind it only if devs doing anything else except that. But this is the only reason why this game exist.
    How can I prove it to you? Easy! They have released an update in march which is broke game in many ways, some of bugs is still didn't fixed and what you think they did? They released a new clan! A new clan!!! Multiplayer is so POOR, you can't even block unwanted player from lobby! What am I about? You can't even see the players profile! Despite all of that they release a new clan!
    Some buttons in game are completely useless, like reports, youtube is full about cheats for this game, but devs will release a new clan to get more money from us, like there are no other problems in game and needs!

Don't you dare to tell it to them! You must praise them! Otherwise they will angry at you and without any hesitation will tell you about too many bugs in game and that much time they spent all the time fixing those bugs, like it some kind of achievement. I don't know how old those boys are, but it doesn't seems like old enough, they actually ban those, who dares to criticize them.

Obviously this game deserves a better devs team, game is good, but devs team barely understand what they doing. Each update delivers to the game more bugs and more weird changes, last update, for example, made trading with neutral fractions completely useless.

This game will never evolve, because tasks that devs got are about getting rich, but not about deliver a good product.
    Every update delivers more bugs, would you like to play such game?

Would I recommend this game to anyone? Hell no!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    I felt Northgard’s unintuitive rules of territorial expansion needlessly limit my options but once I got used to them I had fun. Look for this game on Steam sales. [05/2018, p.75]
  2. Jun 3, 2018
    Northgard is a refreshing and pleasing experience, thanks to the elements it draws from RTS, 4X and even management games.
  3. May 14, 2018
    All in all, it has to be said that Northgard is an extremely promising premise. It has a good storyline with challenging campaigns. While there are some minor hiccups here and there, overall, it's an awesome addition to the RTS genre.