6.1

1. Jun 17, 2019
    Alright JRPG. The best aspect of the game is the beautiful artstyle.

It also, while mostly being as classic as a JRPG can be, tries something new with its story. The game has 8 individual main characters with their own story. These character join together after a while, but everyone follows their own path. This brings the biggest problem of the game: the 8 characters aren't
    Alright JRPG. The best aspect of the game is the beautiful artstyle.

This brings the biggest problem of the game: the 8 characters aren't interacting with each other, at all. Only in specific events, but those aren't connected to each others story.

Overall still a decent game, worth checking out if you enjoy SNES era JRPGs
  2. Jun 11, 2019
    Great game I've played the game using Xbox one, PS4, and Xbox 360 and all work fine for me on PC. The game brings me back to the awesome JRPGs from the 90s with a modern look. You definitely should add this game to your steam collection
  3. Jun 13, 2019
    El mejor sistema de combate por turnos, con unas historias muy personales con las que empatizas y juegas deseando ver el desenlace. Artísticamente me parece maravilloso.
  4. Jun 9, 2019
    Octopath Traveler is a beautiful JRPG that feels and looks like the classics of old.
    But like most classic games, it is certainly not perfect and left something to be desired.
    I won't go too much into the story. Just know that you play as 8 different characters (4 in your Party at any time) and that they have their own story, that, very rarely and sadly very poorly, intermingles with

I won't go too much into the story.
    Just know that you play as 8 different characters (4 in your Party at any time) and that they have their own story, that, very rarely and sadly very poorly, intermingles with that of their teammates. In fact, the story is the most disappointing part about this game. It doesn't have the 'epicness' of Final Fantasy VI or the intrigue of something like Chrono Trigger. It feels... empty? Something is certainly left to be desired.
    The same sadly goes for the characters as well; most of them are more like caricatures, archetypes or stereotypes, rather than actually fleshed out characters.

The game-play on the other hand makes up for everything bad about the story and characters.
    It's your classical turn-based JRPG that we all know and love. Specific characters can use specific weapons or spells, thus making every party member valuable. Square Enix also carried over a modified version of a mechanic they used in their other game "Bravely Default", where, after you chose to 'default' (defend) your character would gain an action point and they could be used to move several times in one turn. In this modified state however, you gain a point every turn, and you can not only go several times per turn, but also power-up your spells and techniques to make them even more deadly.
    The enemy variety is also quite big, thus making combat less repetitive and actually fun, no matter at which point in the game you are.

The sound design is also amazing.
    Both Japanese and English voice acting is pretty good, but there are some exceptions in the English VA, which is why I would personally recommend playing with the Japanese VA.
    Sound effects and BGM are really good and crisp, especially the BGM.
    The OST in general just... perfect. Go listen to it when you get the chance!

Finally, the graphics.
    This game has an 16-Bit graphics style alongside some modern VFX, and it is an absolutely beautiful blend. Even on the Switch with 720p in docked mode, this game looks amazing! It is at 60 FPS, which makes it even better!
    16-Bit graphics have always and will always look good in my eyes, however that pushed the game over the edge are the VFX. Spells, Water/the Ocean, Dark Caves... They all look so much more impressive thanks to the amazing VFX.

Tl;Dr Octopath Traveler is a beautiful nod to JRPGs of the past, specifically SNES JRPGs, and it's really good at what it's trying to accomplish, even though it does have some hiccups in the story department. Overall, most certainly worth a purchase, if you don't own it on Switch already. If that's the case, wait for a price drop, since there is nothing new here except for improved graphics and framerate
  5. Jun 8, 2019
    This is an old fashioned J-RPG game with lengthiness dialogue and turn-based fight that would cost the player massive time. The interest in the plots is faded in such a long and boring time. BTW, Xbox controller is not supported in this game, and keyboard input sucks too. I recommended you not to spend your time and money on Octopath Traveller. If you really a J-RPG lover and want to tryThis is an old fashioned J-RPG game with lengthiness dialogue and turn-based fight that would cost the player massive time. The interest in the plots is faded in such a long and boring time. BTW, Xbox controller is not supported in this game, and keyboard input sucks too. I recommended you not to spend your time and money on Octopath Traveller. If you really a J-RPG lover and want to try this game, I suggest you buy the NS edition that controller is supported and you can sell the game card after finishing it. Expand
  6. Jun 8, 2019
    Парни, единственный русский обзор
    Игра - не стоит своих денег ни разу, не берите, особенно в стим за 4500
  7. Jun 8, 2019
    Played 75 hours on switch and now looking forward to complete it on Pc. Awesome game.
  8. Jun 7, 2019
    Octopath Traveler is a good old jrpg. Thanks for the beta testing, bing bing wahoo!
  9. Jun 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great pixel art and BGM, stories.
    I love 'n it as SaGa Frontier.
    I have not Nintendo Switch.
    I'm dissatisfied that this game's price, but FINAL FANTASY VI was $ 120 when I bought 30years ago.
  10. Jun 20, 2019
    I do not know why the bad reviews if this game gives you a classic rpg experience with pixel art graphics but do not feel old you really stop and appreciate the beautiful work that is behind you all this and the story something fundamental in the rpg is wonderful I love the approach that I could give but I already spend 40 hours of game
  11. Jun 25, 2019
    Great visuals and the combat is good for a jrpg. The stories of the main characters are pretty interesting but I dislike the way that the game tells the stories, they also don't connect the stories or characters very well.

1. Jun 23, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jun 19, 2019
    Octopath Traveler was a pretty good game on Switch and a mediocre game on PC. It's so clearly tailored for Nintendo's portable system that plunking it anywhere else is just going to exacerbate the flaws that it has. Yes, this port "works" okay, but that doesn't mean it works best here. For all Octopath Traveler's promises of harkening back to JRPGs of yore, it forgets we loved those games because we loved to see their characters share the load.
  3. Jun 18, 2019
    This breathtakingly beautiful revival of SNES-era jRPGs stumbles because of its fragmented main quest but still manages to provide a compelling experience for RPG fans.