tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Apr 24, 2019
    As someone who played the original OGRE game on a paper map with counters, I was thrilled to finally see it as a game to be played on the PC. What a mistake! The interface is clunky with graphics so embarrassingly bad that it makes you think that this version was originally done in the nineties. Often, the information screen will pop up over the unit you are trying to work with leading toAs someone who played the original OGRE game on a paper map with counters, I was thrilled to finally see it as a game to be played on the PC. What a mistake! The interface is clunky with graphics so embarrassingly bad that it makes you think that this version was originally done in the nineties. Often, the information screen will pop up over the unit you are trying to work with leading to a lot of frustration. Plus, it's not uncommon that the screen will zoom without warning to the lowest level with no easy way of exiting it making the game at that time almost unplayable. I have encountered game bugs even with starting the game. I have loved Steve Jackson games but this translation to the PC is just bad. If you like the original then don't spoil your memories by buying this game. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 3, 2017
    For those who like board games, Ogre might be a good option. For those who don’t, the chances of that are lower, though not impossible. To sum up, it lacks the enough quantity and quality of content to be easily marked as recommendable, so it will be relegated to a fast omission.
  2. Nov 6, 2017
    Perfect for anyone that remembers playing the original in the previous century or folks looking to visit gaming of the past, Auroch Digital's OGRE is a faithful re-engineering of a venerable classic. You get all of the strategy and tactical action of the original absent the bookkeeping, lost game pieces, and requirement of having friends actually in your house to play.
    Most of the people reading this review will not carry with them the positive burden of Ogre’s historical heritage. To them, it’ll be just another turn based strategy game, and therefore for them it’ll be harder for me to recommend Ogre over competitors offering a nicer, smoother, experience. However, if you are an old timer like yours truly, or if you simply love turn based strategy enough to never miss a chance (like yours truly), potentially also seeking a tool with which to saw the seed of strategy with friends and family, I’d say: let this Ogre trounce you.