5.6

1. Nov 15, 2016
    Game is very much like Panzer Corps or Panzer Korps just in reverse. You know PC starts out in Europe and goes to America, this starts out in America and goes to Europe in DLC (money grab content). It's not very good and the AI is horrible. Fine if you want to waste your time against an opponent that will let you win if you got any brains at all. Sits there in a lot of scenario's neverGame is very much like Panzer Corps or Panzer Korps just in reverse. You know PC starts out in Europe and goes to America, this starts out in America and goes to Europe in DLC (money grab content). It's not very good and the AI is horrible. Fine if you want to waste your time against an opponent that will let you win if you got any brains at all. Sits there in a lot of scenario's never moving just totally a rock until you eliminate it. I suggest a no buy until all these wargame developers start making games with an actual AI that plays to defeat you. Expand
  2. May 4, 2015
    I don't understand why it is so hard to reproduce a great game like Panzer General 2. PG2 is considered a classic and a benchmark for games like Order of Battle: Pacific. But every time a developer wants to create something similar they screw it up. Order of Battle: Pacific is no exception. Here is why you will want to avoid this wanna be.

* Planes are very hard to see against the

* Planes are very hard to see against the terrain.
    * A lot of units look the same. No difference between fighters and tactical bombers for instance.
    * Too easy to make a mistake in moving troops. Have an infantry unit selected but change your mind and want to move your bomber. So you select your bomber...too bad you just moved your infantry to your bombers location.
    * The maps are painted with muted pastel colors all washed together. No offense but a High School student could make a better looking map.
    * Recon units can only see one hex away??? What's the point in having them?
    * Magically appearing AI. Fly a plane over to a city and nothing is there. Send in an infantry unit and POOF enemy infantry appear out of nowhere.
    * Numerous typos. Doesn't anyone proof read anymore? Doesn't anyone care?

PG2 came out in 1997. 18 years ago!!!! And looks and plays better than Order of Battle: Pacific. Argh....

Just another cash grab from a developer who is willing to settle for mediocrity.
  3. May 10, 2015
    Reminds me of Pacific General, a great game that would be difficult to find and more difficult to work on modern hardware. It is fantastic that small independent developers can innovate and give us back our beer and nuts wargaming! Too bad Ubisoft sat on the IP for decades.
  4. May 4, 2015
    Outstanding game. Goes above and beyond what Panzer Corps did and does great things with supply and command, in-game. Naval and air conflicts are handled very well, and all aspects are covered for both. Huge recommend.
  5. May 19, 2015
    this game is addictive, so many hours and a great potentiel with mods. Some patch will fix some details like impossible repairing captured units or undo button not present.
    i like this game!
  6. Jul 1, 2015
    Amazing scenarios. Would definitely recommend. Better than some similar games. Can be played anywhere, anytime. This game is a must buy, even if navy games aren't your favorite. Addictive.
  7. Jun 18, 2016
    It's been years this I've found a wargame I really liked - in fact the last time I did it was Battle Isle on the Amiga. (25 years ago.)

OOB is fun. There's a great variety of units; the controls are well thought out (A rarity for some reason in a TBW) and it's a pleasure to play. Instead of struggling with some arcane control system you can just concentrate on strategy. And there's a heap of depth here. Units can gain experience. Things done/not done in certain scenarios can carry over to later ones in the campaign. For example, in one campaign I won but did not finish destroying an enemy warship. The game informed me that the carrier will now spawn in the next scenario because it wasn't dead - so there are consequences for choices made, each scenario of a campaign is not played in vacuo. I really liked this. Victory objectives are achieved by capturing cities or destroying units earn you points with which you can buy more units. You can repair damaged units with fresh troops (lowering their experience) or seasoned ones, keeping their exp but costing you more replacement points.

It reminds me a lot of Panzer General 2, only with better controls and graphics.

I've never played any of the OOB games before yet in minutes I was able to get into it quickly, rather than slogging through a manual for hours. The tutorials are good; I've already completed the first three and only stopped to get on here and give a review.

This is the most fun I've had with a wargame more more than 20 years - accessible, yet deep.

On another note There's a review here by YoungBlood52 whinging about how Panzer General 2's graphics were better than this so I went and googled PG2. Very pastel graphics, much more so than this game, very limited colour palette. He doesn't seem to remember what PG2 *really* looked like. No wonder he can't find a game "like Panzer General 2". Because even PG2 wasn't as good as what he remembers. Nostalgia is deceptive.

If you like turn based wargames, give this one a try.
  8. Sep 5, 2015
    Отличная игра на тему нестареющего PG. Механика геймплея вроде бы и стандартная, но в то же время с массой собственных улучшений и новых элементов, очень неплохая как для вагрейма графика. Приличный звук и удобный интерфейс.Отличная игра на тему нестареющего PG. Механика геймплея вроде бы и стандартная, но в то же время с массой собственных улучшений и новых элементов, очень неплохая как для вагрейма графика. Приличный звук и удобный интерфейс.
  9. Nov 16, 2016
    Just a wonderful wargame, you actually feel the struggle at some times and by often having many turns it does feel more realistic instead of having to rush. I really love this game and have spent 500 hours with it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 7, 2016
    Almost perfect WW2 turn-based strategy can claim to be a proud successor of the Panzer General classic. Turns and hexes are finally back – and with style.
  2. Jul 6, 2015
    An incredibly deep and entertaining strategic game. It's got some limits in terms of budgets, but fans of the genre should definitely play it.
  3. Jun 14, 2015
    Put aside any doubts you might have about hex-based wargames, Order of Battle: Pacific’s combined arms operations are an approachable, and rewarding, strategic challenge.