2.5

1. BobBob
    Mar 28, 2009
    this rating system is flawed. post all reviews for all games of every platform to get the real scores, not the ones that the owners of this site like so they can have an effect on the end score. this in no way deserves to have the 2nd highest rating ever.
  2. dana
    Dec 9, 2009
    Metacritic needs to have a limit of at least 20-30 reviews before a game can get awards like best PC game of the year or be the #2 PC game overall. This is ridiculous. This game is decent, but 96? No way.
  3. JohnV
    Mar 9, 2008
    Bland and boring to some, great to others. I for one felt like i wasted my money.
  4. GMan
    Aug 14, 2009
  5. Aug 26, 2014
    Out Of The Park Baseball 2007 was the saviour of my life, I had terminal cancer in my groin and after playing this game it spread legs. 10/10 would play again.
  6. EdF.
    Jun 22, 2008
    No, it doesn't have fancy 3d graphics, full 3d 5.1 surround sound. In fact, it doesn't have any sound. But what it does have is depth. Simply put, it's a great baseball simulation. Probably the best ever in the genre.
  7. RichardB.
    Apr 10, 2007
    Almost as perfect as one can expect a baseball simulation to be. The historical play alone makes this one worth the price of admission. Make sure to visit the game's website and message board to chat with other users that can help new players learn much more about this amazing game and all of the little things that you can do with it.
  8. SteveBattisti
    Apr 10, 2007
    I'm hardly impartial, as part of the beta testing team for this game, but I would have rated last year's version a "6" at best. The game has made huge strides this year and really provides a hugely flexible, engrossing sim experience. If you're at all interested in baseball simulation games, you owe it to yourself to try out Out of the Park Baseball 2007. Which is fine,I'm hardly impartial, as part of the beta testing team for this game, but I would have rated last year's version a "6" at best. The game has made huge strides this year and really provides a hugely flexible, engrossing sim experience. If you're at all interested in baseball simulation games, you owe it to yourself to try out Out of the Park Baseball 2007. Which is fine, since there's a free demo! Expand
  9. TonyM.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is a major advance on OOTP2006 which in itself was a major advance on 6.5 - the graphics were brought into the 21st century and the scope for customising this game make it the most played in my collection.
  10. JeffE.
    May 30, 2007
    Infinite replay ability covering the last century of baseball. Realistic stats that change over the different eras of the game. The mod community supplies wonderful new graphics, to spec, no less!
  11. JohnGage
    Jan 2, 2008
    If you're tired of button mashing games that require better reflexes than brains than OOTP is the simulation for you. With nearly an unlimited number of gameplay options the simulation's re-playablility is a HUGE positive. Give the demo a try and I think you'll agree that this simulation blows the sox of all the other baseball titles on the market.
  12. BobS.
    Jan 2, 2008
    OOTP2007 is the finest sports sim around. The game engine is the finest and most robust I have ever seen. The game can be played solo or online; you can sim for years, play as a GM, manage your team from the dugout, take over a minor league system, assign your scouts to foreign countries...endless possibilities. You can play historical leagues using the Lahman database or start your own OOTP2007 is the finest sports sim around. The game engine is the finest and most robust I have ever seen. The game can be played solo or online; you can sim for years, play as a GM, manage your team from the dugout, take over a minor league system, assign your scouts to foreign countries...endless possibilities. You can play historical leagues using the Lahman database or start your own fictional league. The customization is unliminted. There's a thriving online community where you can find people to play with online, download uniforms and logos, roster packs, anything. I've been playing this game (or older versions) for three years and love it more every day. Expand
  13. ErikW.
    Apr 10, 2007
    OOTP Baseball 2007 is easily the best version of the game yet, and I'd say the best baseball management game ever period. The team behind it definitely corrected the mistakes that made the 2006 version disappointing. The historical engine has been improved to the point of being better than the more expensive specialty sims out there. The online league functions have made it easier OOTP Baseball 2007 is easily the best version of the game yet, and I'd say the best baseball management game ever period. The team behind it definitely corrected the mistakes that made the 2006 version disappointing. The historical engine has been improved to the point of being better than the more expensive specialty sims out there. The online league functions have made it easier than ever to run or play in online leagues. And there are more options than ever for creating your own baseball universe. The speed of the game, from the speed of the sim engine to the interface's responsiveness has been improved greatly. The interface has also been refined and improved, making navigation easier and more responsive than last year. The biggest thing that 2007 has over 2006 is that it's fun to play OOTP again! Expand
  14. Aug 12, 2011
    OotPB07 is a solid text-based baseball simulation. While the king of this genre is still the great Baseball Mogul series, OotPB07 is still very good. For one, the acquisition system is far better in OotPB than in Mogul. It's prettier graphically, too, with nice menus. However, the game's menus are clunkier than Mogul's. It's a system of trial and error trying to figure out what many of theOotPB07 is a solid text-based baseball simulation. While the king of this genre is still the great Baseball Mogul series, OotPB07 is still very good. For one, the acquisition system is far better in OotPB than in Mogul. It's prettier graphically, too, with nice menus. However, the game's menus are clunkier than Mogul's. It's a system of trial and error trying to figure out what many of the games large amount o fclickablr buttons do.

Overall, OotPB is a great text-based baseball management sim. It's now free, too.
  15. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    Good, but not great.
    Definately not a better game than Half-Life 2.
    This is one of the best basball sims out there, but still is light-years of the majesty of games such as starcraft and HL2. A sim cannot ever beat those games, because it requires little, if any creative input. No art direction is needed, no character development, no cinematics, nothing to compare with the other games
    Good, but not great.
    Definately not a better game than Half-Life 2.
    A sim cannot ever beat those games, because it requires little, if any creative input. No art direction is needed, no character development, no cinematics, nothing to compare with the other games in the top 10.
  16. KeithN.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Best baseball sim out there for stat geeks and historical baeball fans that want CAREER aspects of play, not just single season replays
  17. S.W.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Easily the best baseball simulation ever made. Player aging, career arcs, stats, are all very true to life . Joystick jockies need not apply OOTP is not about how fast you can react. It instead is about being able to put together a baseball team from the Major Leagues all the way down to complete minor leagues. The statistics kept by OOTP rival what baseball reference.com has on their Easily the best baseball simulation ever made. Player aging, career arcs, stats, are all very true to life . Joystick jockies need not apply OOTP is not about how fast you can react. It instead is about being able to put together a baseball team from the Major Leagues all the way down to complete minor leagues. The statistics kept by OOTP rival what baseball reference.com has on their website. If you are not into major league baseball perhaps you'd like to manage in the Japanese leagues or perhaps you'd like to create a fictional baseball world. It's all possible with OOTP 2007. OOTP provides countless hours of entertainment and then when the 2008 version or OOTP (will be titled OOTP 9) comes out you don't have to start a new game. Simply import your current game into the new version and continue on getting all the benefits of the new features that are added to the game. Expand
  18. BillB.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Excellent baseball sim, the best available on PC. The depth and breadth of the game is unmatched. I have played numerous other baseball sims and OOTP 2007 is the most realistic and the most enjoyable to play.
  19. Brinnon
    Jan 3, 2008
    Overall, this game is very nice. I have played it nonstop since it came out. It is very in depth and those that do not like baseball and everything that goes on behind the scenes will not like this game. However, if you baseball...you'll love this game.
  20. ChrisS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Stat based simulations may not be every ones cup of tea. Baseball may not be your game, but if it is, this is the game for a statistical wild ride. Re-create the world of baseball the way you want, from any time period - past, present and future.
  21. MikeW.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The most immersive game I have ever played. Sure you don't have the visual action of other great games, but this games ability to suspend your reality is unbelievable. The more I play it, the more I find myself thinking about my little pieces of code as real baseball players. Fantastic game!
  22. RobM.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Allows you to create as addictive a baseball universe as you want. Excellent game that's been around for ages. The "twitch and click" RTS crowd may not grasp but then this isn't for them is it?
  23. ScottD.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Stunning in its depth, OOTP is simply the best simulation of a real life activity yet put into game form. Yes, Strat-O-Matic offers real players but it doesn't begin to compare with OOTP's depth. And, it's very easy to import any or all players from any year, any major league, any team for FREE! SOM does offer a completely transparent game engine which allows for precise Stunning in its depth, OOTP is simply the best simulation of a real life activity yet put into game form. Yes, Strat-O-Matic offers real players but it doesn't begin to compare with OOTP's depth. And, it's very easy to import any or all players from any year, any major league, any team for FREE! SOM does offer a completely transparent game engine which allows for precise player evaluations, but that is not at all realistic. If GM's could accurately predict how players will perform than Steinbrenner's Yankees would win every year. No, OOTP, with its economic engine combined with a somewhat unpredictable player development and aging offers a complete replacement universe of MLB without the greedy owners and self-important players. Very worthy selection better even than the legendary Earl Weaver series. Expand
  24. Batgra
    Oct 5, 2009
    So unlike most here, i've played the game... and yes, it is a game. It matters not that it falls under a genera that many "general" gamers wouldn't play... It deserves the score that it received just as any other RPG, FPS, RTS, MMO etc. etc. deserves the score they have received.
  25. ChrisK.
    Apr 11, 2007
    This version has it right! All the incredible data and stats as in 2006, plus a much, much more user friendly interface. The added feature of expansion is very welcome!! Player development is excellent, and the option of 1 pitch vs. every pitch gameplay is great. Even the return of some old features, like pitcher warmup, make this version of OOTP the best ever. And....the best thing about This version has it right! All the incredible data and stats as in 2006, plus a much, much more user friendly interface. The added feature of expansion is very welcome!! Player development is excellent, and the option of 1 pitch vs. every pitch gameplay is great. Even the return of some old features, like pitcher warmup, make this version of OOTP the best ever. And....the best thing about OOTP is the community. Got a question or suggestion? Expect it to be answered quickly and thoughtfully. This version shows that the development team listens to their customers! Expand
  26. albertpujols
    Jul 3, 2009
    what i find hilarious is that all the people who downvote have absolutely no affect on the critic rating that shows the game as #2 all time, so keep wasting your time... half-life 2 is great, but this franchise is right up there in terms of revolutionizing a genre of game.
  27. Scott
    Jun 8, 2007
    Nearly perfect ... far better than the disaster that was 2006.
  28. JeffR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    May be surprising to some that it was given such a high rating for being a text sim but for any that have played it more than a week it is dollar for dollar one of the best purchases you will ever make. It's not a game that is supposed to compete with graphics based games, but if you have a bit of an imagination it doesn't matter. After a very poor 2006 version the 2007 version May be surprising to some that it was given such a high rating for being a text sim but for any that have played it more than a week it is dollar for dollar one of the best purchases you will ever make. It's not a game that is supposed to compete with graphics based games, but if you have a bit of an imagination it doesn't matter. After a very poor 2006 version the 2007 version blows it out of the water and is close to perfection. Expand
  29. DanderooM.
    Jan 6, 2008
    I gave it a 10. This game allows you to design your own baseball universe and it is very realistic statistically. There are a hundred ways to play the game. OOTPB is answer to my baseball dream. It is well worth the price. I would pay $100 for it if necessary. But it does have a stiff learning curve. But has a 500 page manual with it to help you out. Lazy gamers should stay clear.
  30. C.S.T.
    Jan 2, 2008
    There is some apparent ill will toward sports text sims in the comments here, but I would actually rate this as the best computer game I've ever played. You do need to care about the fine points of putting together a winning baseball franchise, and this game handles it with creativity and attention to detail that is completely missing from most other games in the genre.
  31. Feb 2, 2011
    Most of the bad reviews for this game have nothing to do with the game itself and are just "zomg its totes not deserving of being on the best evar list!!!11!!!"

Review the game, not metacritic.
  32. MrBear
    Sep 23, 2009
    Note that Gamespy gave this game a 100...
    Also not that gamespy gave ES3 - oblivion an 80.

Thats a random boring baseball sim, a perfect score,
    and the second best rpg ever created (morrowind being #1), receiving an 80...
    Anyone starting to wonder about...
    A). Gamespy's legitamacy?
    B). This game's legitamacy?
    C). Meta-critic's legitamacy?
  33. RobJ
    Dec 31, 2009
    This game sounds great for baseball fans, I'll admit that, and that is the sole reason it is not getting a 0. It has been rated by merely 5, of which 4 I KNOW give high ratings to every game. I dont usually look at sports games, but as this was 2nd, I decided to check it out. I've read some of the reviews, and to be honest with you, I'd rather play Big Rigs: Over the Road This game sounds great for baseball fans, I'll admit that, and that is the sole reason it is not getting a 0. It has been rated by merely 5, of which 4 I KNOW give high ratings to every game. I dont usually look at sports games, but as this was 2nd, I decided to check it out. I've read some of the reviews, and to be honest with you, I'd rather play Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, which has been given a mere 8. I may be wrong about this game, but for me, and many other gamers out there, this should not be in the top10. The reason this has such a high score as 4.6 is because most gamers would barely look at a sports sim. And how can you give this a 10 when you say in the same setence this has no sound? Expand
  34. SkeratarB.
    Jan 11, 2008
    This game can be a good one in its own category. But there is no way that it can be better than many of the greatest games in PC gaming history. I think this is biased.
  35. PaulF.
    Sep 9, 2007
    There is no question that this is a difficult game to get in to, and the casual fan need not apply, but OOTP2007 is the best text-based simulation that has ever been made. But that is exactly it's problem, by allowing more customization, keeping more statistics, and expanding simulation from league to world, OOTP has opened up possibilities previously unthinkable (and unthought) in There is no question that this is a difficult game to get in to, and the casual fan need not apply, but OOTP2007 is the best text-based simulation that has ever been made. But that is exactly it's problem, by allowing more customization, keeping more statistics, and expanding simulation from league to world, OOTP has opened up possibilities previously unthinkable (and unthought) in the text-sim world. OOTP2007 does not live up to the promise that it has created (though it is far better than the 2006 version), but having witnessed the growth of the franchise up to the near perfect OOTP 6.5 before the complete recoding that began with 2006, there can be no doubt that the OOTP franchise will make every other text-based simulation unplayable. Expand
  36. RobR.
    Apr 10, 2007
    It is a strangely immersive game for a text only simulation. Had it for 2 weeks now and I can't put it down. Two thumbs up here.
  37. Dec 1, 2011
    It's obvious people just come here because they see it on the top rated and decide to hate on it because they think it's boring or whatever. In reality this game actually has a target audience and wasn't designed for the COD fan boy's who can't go more then 5 seconds without having something explode. As far as baseball management games go this is actually really good. The actual reviewersIt's obvious people just come here because they see it on the top rated and decide to hate on it because they think it's boring or whatever. In reality this game actually has a target audience and wasn't designed for the COD fan boy's who can't go more then 5 seconds without having something explode. As far as baseball management games go this is actually really good. The actual reviewers gave this game a high score because they reviewed it as a baseball management game and didn't compare it to call of duty or any of that other mass marketed **** I hope anyone who comes here looking for a review on this game only bothers to read the actual reviews instead of the ones written by haters. Then again the people who play this kind of game are probably intelligent enough to understand this. Believe it or not there are actually people who can get entertainment from this game without something exploding or having a level when you gun down civilians. Expand
  38. Jul 5, 2013
    Had to help offset some of the butthurt people on here. This is a tremendous game, and based on the fact that most gamers are afraid of the sun, they have to vote it down, because it's baseball. Quite a shame.
  39. AndreasR
    Sep 3, 2009
    Guys, it's totally unfair to vote against this particular game just because you don't like the metacritics.com concept. IMO you should have played the game before you vote. And if you're not interested in the genre, don't vote here. Just my 2 cents :) Those who played the game, love it.
  40. RonS.
    Apr 10, 2007
    The best text-based baseball game ever. Possibly the best baseball game of any sort and I've been playing them since the original Earl Weaver Baseball.
  41. Dave
    Apr 11, 2007
    Amazing game. The 2006 version was rough, this version is a gem. Would have been a 10 if it had come with MLB rosters.
  42. DekeB.
    May 18, 2007
    This game is definitely good. However the play-by-play is not quite up to speed yet. As good as it is, I cant see my way clear yet to give it more than an 8 because of that and it still lacks some flexibility and forgiveness in certain areas. Now admittedly, that relates to my use of the game. For others, it may not be a problem. I'm all into fictional play and find myself unable to This game is definitely good. However the play-by-play is not quite up to speed yet. As good as it is, I cant see my way clear yet to give it more than an 8 because of that and it still lacks some flexibility and forgiveness in certain areas. Now admittedly, that relates to my use of the game. For others, it may not be a problem. I'm all into fictional play and find myself unable to do certain things. All in all, this game does rock, but not quite to where I'd like to see it. Expand
  43. CurtisC.
    May 29, 2007
    A major improvement on an already good game, but not quite there yet.
  44. ChristopherC.
    Jan 2, 2008
    A grat baseball sim for true fans of the sport. If you're all about glitz and 3D graphics, this is not the game for you. If you love baseball, you'll love OOTP.
  45. FredF.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Wow, there are some really dumb people making comments here. If you haven't played the game, don't comment. It just makes you look stupid. This is an incredible game, filled with replay value. It is the best baseball sim game on the market.
  46. DamienM.
    Nov 13, 2007
    At first appearance I was a little intimidated, basic graphics and a lot of stats but once I got over the steep learning curve I simply cannot stop playing. Undoubtedly the finest sports sim ever. I feel like I'm in charge linke no other game.
  47. MikeC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    The most in-depth baseball sim I've ever played. Most games I play for a month or two before going on to another game, but with OOTP I've been playing since it came out. And I played the last two iterations of the game before that. I never get sick of it. Fantastic game.
  48. MichaelT.
    Apr 11, 2007
    An improved interface still needs some help, but all told, the deepest, most detailed baseball game ever made. The fun is back!
  49. RandalS.
    Apr 12, 2007
    If your response to exploding scoreboards and furry mascots is that you wish they'd stop interrupting the game, this is the baseball game for you. A complete management sim and baseball history lesson in one. Excellent.
  50. KerieM.
    Jul 13, 2007
    The best text based baseball sim on the market
  51. FranjoR.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will even if you don't flag this as the BEST GAME EVER! Maybe you should have a genre system, maybe add a parameter for number of reviews, requiring at least 10 for a game to get the full value from the scores. This way a few fanboy critics have skewed the rating of this game brutally - though I'm sure the immense number of baseball game lovers all over the world really like this. Expand
  52. JoshWoolley
    Nov 9, 2007
    I dont believe this was even reviewed, i think its a joke. This game is about as user friendly as a courgette with wheels. I have never seen such a ridiculous score, the amount of games that deserve higher than this, is unthinkable - this is outrageous. While being, perhaps < and i emphasize perhaps, one of the top sims, it is not even close to the creative genius of games like half life,I dont believe this was even reviewed, i think its a joke. This game is about as user friendly as a courgette with wheels. I have never seen such a ridiculous score, the amount of games that deserve higher than this, is unthinkable - this is outrageous. While being, perhaps < and i emphasize perhaps, one of the top sims, it is not even close to the creative genius of games like half life, portal, call of duty and world in conflict that it sits next to - or on top of. Expand
  53. Apr 23, 2011
    11 of the last 17 reviews all contain the same word mis-spelled.
    Can't beleive so many people bougfht a text based sports sim then decided they didn't like text based sports sims. Perhaps they aren't very bright.
    So much better than all the shooters around (that have barely moved on half a step since the original Quake 16 years ago) If you like baseball - and the idea of controlling your
    11 of the last 17 reviews all contain the same word mis-spelled.

If you like baseball - and the idea of controlling your own baseball franchise - then this is the thng for you.
    If you bought it and go "Oh - where are the 3d Graphics, this is a text sim yeuch" then you really aren't that bright are you?
    Is it better than half life 2. (which again strangely the same mis-spelling posters all seem to compare it to) HELL YES. Half Life 2 is a dull as ditchwater on rail shooter. Bang bang - a kiddies game
    Is it better than Mass Effect 2 - oh come on - ME2 is total drivel. Bioware, along with Bethesda are calling any action based game where you can shoose some weapons an "RPG" which is an insult to RPG's
    IS this the second best game of all time.
    Nope. In my opinion it's the best.
  54. mobius
    Aug 4, 2009
    boring game. and should be taken out of the top rated list on metacritic, just because it only got 5 votes means that it sits at no2 in the all time greats. metacritic should only allow games that have been reviewed by at least 10 different people before it stick it up in the heavins lik they have.
  55. ValV
    Jan 12, 2010
    Honestly, this isn't a good game. It simply isn't fun. Doesn't deserve to be better than the orange box. Orange box has given me litterally hundreds of hours of entertainment for £30. No contest.
  56. Apr 6, 2012
    If you were wondering how this turd can be the number 2 PC game, just remember never to trust a review by Gamespy, Gameshark, or operation sports. Or meta critic for that matter, This is case in point that this whole Meta critic system is fundamentally flawed
  57. Aug 5, 2013
  58. johns
    Jun 17, 2009
    This game, while an interesting spreadsheet app, is not a game. Futhermore, it cannot be view upon as even encrouching the same plain as such greats as bioshock, oblivion or eve sailor moon. Baseball isnt even that fun anyway.
  59. CryoB
    Jun 17, 2009
    While this game might compare decently against others of it's genre, this type of game in general only appeals to a very limited number of people. The only reason this holds the number two spot for PC games is because very few publications considered it worth their time to review. Those who did were the handful of reviewers who enjoy this type of game. The all-time high score list is While this game might compare decently against others of it's genre, this type of game in general only appeals to a very limited number of people. The only reason this holds the number two spot for PC games is because very few publications considered it worth their time to review. Those who did were the handful of reviewers who enjoy this type of game. The all-time high score list is flawed in that it only requires a game to have four reviews to be counted. The five reviews this game managed to receive leave a very high margin of error. One suggestion would be to require games to have a minimum number of reviews to make the list. Requiring a set minimum would unfortunately have the effect of removing a number of older classic titles from the list, due to the fewer number of publications that metacritic has on file from that time. This could be amended by basing the minimum on the average number of scores that games received in the year of their release. That way, a game released in the last few years with only five reviews would have practically no chance of making the list, but another from the mid 90s might, as the number of available reviews would be comparable to other games from that time. Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2011
    Number 2 PC game of all time! Ridiculous. A game should require more than 5 reviews to make it onto the metacritic listing. This game is horribly boring.
  61. Hanz
    Aug 20, 2009
    I think it's pathetic that 90% of the user comments here are by people who have never played the game and just wants to come make a negative comment just because it's so high on the list, and because they don't like baseball. It's like giving Half Life a 0 because you don't like killing people in real life. I think this is a fun and great game.
  62. Jan 17, 2011
    A sports game like this getting tied for the greatest video games of all time??? with Bioshock and Half Life? Are you serious? What on earth happened here?
  63. SteveM.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Simply a solid simulation of the baseball universe - the best possible game for those who are interested in this style of simulation.
  64. JoeB.
    Aug 4, 2007
    This game is less fun than clipping my toe nails.
  65. JackS.
    May 26, 2007
    Cookie cutter graphics, and game play. was bored within an hour. no replay value. waste of money.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Guys, don't review a game you haven't played. I for one, love this game and I've spent hours building my team. Plus, the 2008 version is FREE!!!
  67. Apr 17, 2013
    Baseball sim like it should be. Sport sims are great and underrated. Good to see one on top where it belongs. To bad they don't make them every year like the Football Manager series.
  68. Aug 24, 2011
    Limited appeal to an audience, only great fans of baseball would like this game, for the vast majority of people, it simply isn't worth it. So it IS worth a 96/100, but only for baseball fans. For everyone else, it's a dud.
  69. BruceD.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Wow, this game does not even compare with the others that are on this Top list... This game entry should be manually edited to reflect reality. Since I've actually played this game, I'd give it a rating of 3/10, but it's getting a 0/10 as this rating system is ridiculous.
  70. JohnW
    Dec 5, 2008
    This game is terrible, and should NOT in any way appear in this list. This game has only got this position, and I mean ONLY, because of the frigging 5 reviews it has received. NO GAME can receive this position along with Half-Life 2 because "5 reviews" said so. This should be get AWAY from Metacritic. Nobody knows about this game, this game definitely do NOT deserve this position.
  71. JohnnyAnonymous
    Dec 26, 2009
    I had never even heard of this game before this site. It's blows. They say the reviews are weighted, and calculated. Hmmmm... maybe they should FIX the formula. Want an ACCURATE rating? --gamerankings-- search it.
  72. Jan 28, 2011
    I fail to see how can this game get perfect critic when it fails to provide fun after the first minute. Seems that SI made some fishy deals to get this game up. Anyhow, a complete offense to game makers and players alike.
  73. DesmondL
    Jun 18, 2009
    Only 5 reviews this games (most of this reviewer is a big fan of baseball), not deserve to hold 2nd place of "Best PC games of all time". And it also less popular PC game in the worldwide.
  74. TristanS.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is a fantastic game. Not only is it immersive, it holds up with the best games of all time. People can complain that it's not graphical or "pretty" enough, but they don't need to play a game like this. It's for people who like thinking games and who are seeking an experienced that's customizable and unlike anything else out there.
  75. Ger
    Dec 8, 2009
    I appreciate that this is game to be marked under its own merits but the fact remains this is NOT AND NEVER WILL BE the 2nd best game ever made. Its very appearance in the top 20 is an insult to gamers and creators alike. /agree Its overrated.
  76. BenjaminK
    Dec 15, 2009
    This might be a great game, but simply caus of the 5 critics this cant be #2 folowing hl²...
  77. JasonMowers
    May 17, 2009
    I don't care how realistic this game is, because if you're not a fan of baseball (like me) there is no way you could enjoy this game. It's a shame that you see it in the 2nd place of "Best PC games of all time" as it is nowhere near it and actually GOOD games deserve this spot.
  78. Elendil
    May 29, 2007
    Great comeback after a disappointing 2006 version. the definitive baseball stat sim.
  79. ShankarP
    Dec 28, 2009
    Spend a little money, buy a high score. This is by no means a good baseball sim... If you are looking for a good fantasy baseball game, this is NOT for you. Full of bugs, the basic build of the game includes MALWARE straight off the CD! The data harvesting has earned the developer and the publisher some hefty international class action lawsuits, and I am surprised to see it has made Spend a little money, buy a high score. This is by no means a good baseball sim... If you are looking for a good fantasy baseball game, this is NOT for you. Full of bugs, the basic build of the game includes MALWARE straight off the CD! The data harvesting has earned the developer and the publisher some hefty international class action lawsuits, and I am surprised to see it has made metacritic's top ten! Expand
  80. JoeJ
    Jan 3, 2009
    A baseball simulation, like any other baseball simulation. By the way get it off the top list, it has no business being up their with halflife. Even 1 of the 5 critics begins by saying "its not a perfect game.." - well there are several other games on the top list that ARE perfect games.
  81. RandyR
    Aug 14, 2009
    I just love how all the KIDS on this forum, who associate the type of graphics a game has, as the only way to judge how good a game is! I'd hate to also break it to you, but not everyone loves frag fest, kill em all, button smashing games either! This game is the gold standard for not only baseball games, but simulation games in general. As an FYI to all you KIDS, there is a much I just love how all the KIDS on this forum, who associate the type of graphics a game has, as the only way to judge how good a game is! I'd hate to also break it to you, but not everyone loves frag fest, kill em all, button smashing games either! This game is the gold standard for not only baseball games, but simulation games in general. As an FYI to all you KIDS, there is a much wider fan base for these games than you and your pixelated blinders can see! Expand
  82. JasonM
    Apr 7, 2009
    Best version of the best sports simulation ever made, at least until the most recent iteration comes out. While there have been many titles attempting to simulate baseball, this is the only one that comes close. Add in the insane customization features which allow you to do practically anything you want with the engine (want to run a league using players from 1980 with deadball rules in Best version of the best sports simulation ever made, at least until the most recent iteration comes out. While there have been many titles attempting to simulate baseball, this is the only one that comes close. Add in the insane customization features which allow you to do practically anything you want with the engine (want to run a league using players from 1980 with deadball rules in modern ballparks with modern financial rules and a salary cap? No sweat.) and it's a clear winner. Expand
  83. ianHilton
    Nov 29, 2007
    Every once in a while a mongrel will sneek through the back gate at Crufts and find itself on a podium next to a purebred pomerainian. This is what sometimes happens in metacritic when media from specific gernres are reivewed by a few over enthusiastic sources. Thats why OOTP 2007 stands proud next to HL2 instead of at place 500 next to Medal of Honor Airborne where it belongs.Every once in a while a mongrel will sneek through the back gate at Crufts and find itself on a podium next to a purebred pomerainian. This is what sometimes happens in metacritic when media from specific gernres are reivewed by a few over enthusiastic sources. Thats why OOTP 2007 stands proud next to HL2 instead of at place 500 next to Medal of Honor Airborne where it belongs. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this problem and keeping things simple is what Metacritic is all about. Its up to you to spot the rotten apples based of the quatility and quantity of reviews. Keep up the outstanding work Metacritic. Expand
  84. Jun 20, 2011
  85. JimG
    Aug 3, 2009
    Ok so the only reason im here is cuz a buddy of mine said that this was the #2 game one meta, and it was the best baseball game ever. Im very skeptical of sports games in general, my view is that if you have one of each sport then u have them all, and this was no exception. football, baseball, soccer, i just have the first one of each i ever bought cuz really they dont actually get any Ok so the only reason im here is cuz a buddy of mine said that this was the #2 game one meta, and it was the best baseball game ever. Im very skeptical of sports games in general, my view is that if you have one of each sport then u have them all, and this was no exception. football, baseball, soccer, i just have the first one of each i ever bought cuz really they dont actually get any more fun as time goes on. This really didn't impress me at all, sure it might stack up well against other games in the genre but this is nothing compared to half life, bioshock, diablo or any other games in the top 10. to put this above 8 other games is an insult the those 8 below it. the average development time for a new sports game is a year or so if its decent. half life 2 was like 3. the only reason this game has the score it does is because it only has 5 reviews and those reviews were given by people who love sports games. If you look at most sports games reviews they are unusually and consistently high anyway. Expand
  86. AdamS.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Same thing we've come to expect from run of the mill baseball games. Ok for your average fan, but no one else will find this appealing nor fun beyond the first game.
  87. HarrisonF.
    Jan 5, 2008
    Generic unfun game, does not deserve to be in top 5.
  88. ShakeN.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Wow thats lame, i think someone hacked the server and put the under 20 scores (all 5 of them) in the 100 category. disgraceful, and stupid. 5 reviews..... absolute crap. This game beats bioshock, half life , halo 1,2,3, and Fable. Absolute sh*t.
  89. TomP.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Sure, baseball fans may love the game, but this game does not have universal acclaim - or anything approaching universal acclaim. It sits very uncomfortably with the classic PC games listed alongside it. Have I played it? No. After reading the reviews I have no desire at all to play it. Have I played every other game listed in the top 20? Yes - as I suspect most PC gamers of any long term Sure, baseball fans may love the game, but this game does not have universal acclaim - or anything approaching universal acclaim. It sits very uncomfortably with the classic PC games listed alongside it. Have I played it? No. After reading the reviews I have no desire at all to play it. Have I played every other game listed in the top 20? Yes - as I suspect most PC gamers of any long term standing would have. It is unfortunate Out of the Park Baseball effectively mars what is otherwise a classic collection of games. Expand
  90. DavidG
    Apr 29, 2008
    No simulation capability and very boring. Strat-o-matic and older board games are far superior. If the makers come up with a workable simulation game based on "real" players, maybe the game would be better.
  91. PhilT.
    Jun 18, 2008
    Buying this was a major mistake - fans of (American) baseball need only apply - for the other 99.9% of people, steer clear.
  92. AndreiM.
    Sep 30, 2008
    This is a bad joke, this game cannot be compared to Half Life saga. How could you put it in the 2nd position of all time games??? I never heard of it, neither my friends.
  93. GregL
    Mar 3, 2009
    This isn't a game, it's a spreadsheet with pretty graphics. The 'game' content here just doesn't compare to the other real games in the top 20 list. It's easy to make crap like this but making Half-Life 2, BIoshock or even Quake is much much harder. Take this spreadsheet down!
  94. Scryer
    Jul 27, 2007
    Another sim, not creative at all.Why is this the second best game ever according to metacritic? This is just like the top movies, with superman II being on 2nd spot. Theres some flaw in metacritic scores when theres too few reviewers I guess.
  95. DylanR
    Oct 4, 2008
    It doesn't matter how "good" this game is. It's a baseball sim, and it pollutes the high ranks of the PC games. It's high up due to a fluke, only about 5 reviews that were high.
  96. JamesT.
    Oct 7, 2008
    It's a decent enough baseball simulation but the lack of sound totally ruins it for me, i'll go back to wii sports baseball purely for the smash of the ball.
  97. IanS.
    May 28, 2008
    I have no idea how this can be included among the classics such as Half Life, Half Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock! How did this happen!?
  98. MichaelR.
    Jun 29, 2009
    This game does not deserve to be with the likes Diablo, Quake and Half-Life. When metacritic decides to get some more realistic review scores attached to this game, I would be more than happy to do the same.
  99. DrewB
    Oct 8, 2009
    Completely boring. I played it and I was expecting the second best game I have ever played. I am not into baseball but I enjoy every type of sports game. I am not into hockey but some of the hockey pc games out there are damn entertaining. Honestly it wasn't that great. I dont see why you guys have it up so high. I still put some of the old games before the newest ones. Like the Completely boring. I played it and I was expecting the second best game I have ever played. I am not into baseball but I enjoy every type of sports game. I am not into hockey but some of the hockey pc games out there are damn entertaining. Honestly it wasn't that great. I dont see why you guys have it up so high. I still put some of the old games before the newest ones. Like the original half-life: Day one was very good. Very rare to see anyone play it today. Expand
  100. BenS
    Jun 15, 2009
    Its such a shame that this game is allowed to be seated here. It lets me know that metacritic, despite how good it's system looks, is invariably flawed. A game that most would never dream of caring about, being a 96; who'd of thought. That's like placing little miss muppet e-bakez in 2nd seat and saying, best child cooking simulation EVER!!! It doesn't change the fact Its such a shame that this game is allowed to be seated here. It lets me know that metacritic, despite how good it's system looks, is invariably flawed. A game that most would never dream of caring about, being a 96; who'd of thought. That's like placing little miss muppet e-bakez in 2nd seat and saying, best child cooking simulation EVER!!! It doesn't change the fact that no one cares, no one wants to play it, and it only tarnishes the metacritic image. Also, this is goes out to gamespy, who awarded Oblivion, easily part of the top 3 greatest rpgs of all time, an 80... thats right, greatest rpg, an 80, this game?? 100!!! You lost this fan's respect. Expand

If you have any interest in the guts of baseball, OOTP 2007 is simply a must-own product. It's a landmark achievement. It's weird to think about it: It took a London-based company known for its soccer management games and a German-born developer with a passion for the sport to produce arguably the best and most complete simulation of America's Pastime.
    Anyone who's ever dreamed of running a professional team in some capacity, or anyone who enjoys fantasy baseball, baseball board games, or similar products, will absolutely love what OOTP 2007 offers. Any criticisms of the game are merely trivial; in the end it comes down to this: This is the best “fantasy” baseball gaming package ever created.
  3. AceGamez
    Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is not a perfect game, as it lacks the human touch that fills baseball and its general manager positions, but there are so many aspects that it digitally replicates with excellence that this doesn't matter.