7.8

1. Sep 17, 2016
    Along with Broforce, this is one of the best party games (on PC or not) in recent years. We screamed and laughed so hard! Such a shame it does not have online co-op which is why I gave it a 9 instead of a 10.
  2. Dec 5, 2016
    It's probably the best co-op game I've played. Most co-op games just require 2 or more people to be playing in the same screen, and that's all the "co-op" you get. In this case, you really need to comunicate and coordinate with your teammates, or you are screwed.

I've played together with my wife (who's not a gamer), and with different groups of friends, and always had a blast playing. Great game, it really deserves more attention. The only downside is the lack of multiplayer. Hopefully that will be fixed in the future.
  3. Aug 31, 2016
    can't redefine keyboard controls.unacceptable.they are very simple,but not being able to redefine them to your needs is not something that can be accepted in this time and age.
  4. Sep 11, 2016
    Great game for two-player co-op. I and my daughter (age 7) had a lot of fun beating this game in a week. But we really hope it can be longer ... more stages. There are plenty of idea, and some of them only executed once or twice. Hopefully we can see a DLC or a sequal soon.
  5. Aug 14, 2016
    Great fun as local multiplayer. As much fun as, say, Helldivers, while it's about totally different subject, co-op cooking. It doesn't have online multiplayer which is it's only true flaw.
  6. Aug 12, 2016
    Made an account just to write this review since I feel like this game is not getting the attention it deserves. If you enjoy local co op gaming I absolutely recommend this, it's easily one of the best co op experiences in years! There is a nice variety of levels and dishes you have to serve and the levels get increasingly challenging without ever really becoming frustrating. You get a lotMade an account just to write this review since I feel like this game is not getting the attention it deserves. If you enjoy local co op gaming I absolutely recommend this, it's easily one of the best co op experiences in years! There is a nice variety of levels and dishes you have to serve and the levels get increasingly challenging without ever really becoming frustrating. You get a lot of content for a small asking price. Apparently the single player is not very fun and there is no online play yet but this game is really all about the local co op with 2 - 4 players! It requires proper teamwork and you will be shouting at each other constantly and laughing as things inevitably fall apart. The theme and style will even appeal to some non gamers. Only giving it a 9 because of the lack of online or a good single player but as a local co op it's pretty much a 10 IMO. Just an all round good time! Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2016
    Very fun game to play with your girlfriend/boyfriend. Even if she/he doesn't like video game in general. Game is very easy to grasp and understand but can be very challenging. I had a lot of laughs moment.
    It is possible to play co op with one on keyboard and one on controller. You can even share a controller for 2 players. Im not sure but i think it should supports a wide range of controller, not only x360. It's nice they thought of this. The music is nice, graphics are cute and it runs perfect on my laptop which is mid/low range gaming laptop (i7 3,20ghz and gtx 860m) This game is meant to be played on local co op only thought. No Solo, no online. So it's very specific. One of the best local co op game experience I ever had, along with Nidhogg.
  8. Feb 15, 2019
    Overcooked! is a must-have for those looking for quality, family friendly, couch co-op titles: if you ever wanted to have a go at running a restaurant in ridiculous circumstances and exotic locations, this is the game for you. Just make sure you're playing it with co-operative older kids or adults, otherwise it will be a recipe for disaster (mind the pun).
  9. Feb 17, 2018
    Five Word Review: Great, intense, frustrating local multiplayer.
    Favorite Thing: There's a great amount of challenge but the gameplay is simple enough that non-gamers can partake.
    Least Favorite Thing: Three-staring 6-3!

Date Completed: 2018-02-07
    Playtime: 8h (100% Complete)
    Enjoyment: 9/10
    Recommendation: For 2-4 players, definitely.
  10. Oct 6, 2016
    Overcooked is a thrilling fast pace chief game, that succeeds at being a fun co-op experience. However it's clunky controls, and missing online features really holds the game back from being truly fantastic. I'm begging for more maps and creative game play! Good work TEAM 17, without a doubt one of the funnest indie games this year!
  11. Sep 8, 2017
    A fun cooking game with numerous and distinctive carefully designed levels and a lot of laughs most especially when played with friends. For such genre, the game comes with an impressive amount of content but falls a tad bit short for being reasonably priced.
  12. Apr 8, 2017
    Completion:
    - Three stars on all levels, including DLC, in 3 player couch co-op.
    Pros: - Pure, joyous, arcade-style gameplay. Overcooked does co-op right from a design standpoint, creating the perfect blend of mayhem and structure. When this game is at its high points, few titles in recent memory can compare to the unadulterated fun that Overcooked provides. - Substantial amount
    Completion:
    - Three stars on all levels, including DLC, in 3 player couch co-op.

Pros:

- Substantial amount of content for its price.

Cons:
    - Repetitive level design. The game would have benefited greatly from more varied mechanics, such as the blow torch in the Christmas DLC. Although the levels don't get boring due to the strength of the core gameplay mechanics, many of them begin to almost blend together.

- Sloppy controls. The player characters feel as if they're sliding all over the place, making inputs feel imprecise and even frustrating at times. This is especially a problem in the ice levels, where movement is awful to the point of many deaths simply completely undeserved.

- Music and visuals are used over and over again. This is obviously due to the low budget and while I'm sure the developers did the best with what they had, it is nevertheless distracting to have the same droning tracks and sound effects playing on repeat. The same can be said about the visual design, which is ultimately generic and uninspiring. A slight exception to this is the character design, which can occasionally be surprising, vibrant, and funny.

True Score: 8.0
  13. May 26, 2020
    Awesome local co-op game! Unfortunately with no online co-op so it's being rated down because of that. It is a fast paced, stressful, strategy game with 1-4 players.

Xbox or Steam controllers recommended, apparently others may not work.
  14. Apr 9, 2019
    With a Steam link, a few controllers and friends this is one of the best recent couch games available on PC.

One of you is desperately trying to finish a soup while another chases rats, a third runs around with a fire extinguisher and the fourth is spinning round in the corner because they've been told in no uncertain terms to get out of the way. Honestly, more fun than it sounds.
  15. Mar 19, 2017
    Diner Dash has never been this much fun! I'm having a hard time not liking this game because of how loud me and my friends get. Having to shout profanities so that your so-called "friend" would get the dishes out in time just gives the game such charm. I do hope the developer will continue to support this and add new challenges, cooking methods or even add meals-- like with drinks andDiner Dash has never been this much fun! I'm having a hard time not liking this game because of how loud me and my friends get. Having to shout profanities so that your so-called "friend" would get the dishes out in time just gives the game such charm. I do hope the developer will continue to support this and add new challenges, cooking methods or even add meals-- like with drinks and sidings just to make it more fun to play with Expand
  16. Apr 29, 2018
    A fun party game that is always a great laugh every time I play. Although a better experience with friends, this game can be played on your own by switching between two characters instead of one.
  17. cvg
    Jul 8, 2020
    Very fun with x-box controllers. Playing with 5 year son is a pure blast. He is mega fan of this one.
    Cooperation mode RULEZ
    Recommended!
  18. Jul 12, 2020
    Multiplayer experience is a must play. The solo play is a bust which is keeping this score from being higher than it is. Multiplayer is a must, so find a friend, grab a screen, and burn through this game and all the insanity it holds.
  19. Nov 23, 2020
    esta chido, pero solo si lo juegas con amigos.

es básicamente tratar de microgestionar las tareas de la cocina de la forma más eficiente posible entre varias personas.
  20. Jul 15, 2019
    Overcooked is a game where you and a friend discover why you are either an amazing team or why the other person is a lazy stupid maggot muncher. Ask yourself do you love your SO? Do you respect them and cherish them? Sure ya do... But you won't when THEY CANT MAKE A SINGLE SIMPLE ONION SOUP.....
  21. Nov 5, 2020
    I am not exactly an expert when it comes to co-op games, yet I have the feeling I can safely state Overcooked is one of the best pieces. This is a solid example of focused game design, for the game’s strength relies on cooperation and gets flavorless if you play it alone.

The pros: - Easy to learn, fluid mechanics. - Absurd mechanics and strange situations are funny. - Actually

The pros:
    - Easy to learn, fluid mechanics.
    - Absurd mechanics and strange situations are funny.
    - Actually challenging, if you wanna get all the stars.
    - A right number of levels, making sure there's a significant content while keeping boredom at bay.

The cons:
    - Some basic mechanics are missing: online gameplay and multiple saves.
    - The difficulty curve could have been perfected: there are some unlikely pikes.

Estimated playtime: roughly 15h, depending on your will to obtain every star and your skill, of course.

Recommended: if by any chance you like having a good laugh with friends, this game is precious!
  22. Jul 20, 2020
    Its a simple and fun co-op game. Definitively an amazing party game. At the end feels a bit repetitive.
  23. Sep 15, 2020
    Oh, how I missed couch party games. And Overcooked! is a great comeback for this genre. You get a lot of content, a beautiful level design, challenging but fair gameplay and incredible fun. Only the single-player is a bit disappointing but if you grab a friend, you´ll have wonderful fun!
  24. Oct 20, 2020
    Great party game!! For me it's one of the best co-op games ever, but it increases the difficulty quite too fast on the first levels.
  25. Nov 22, 2020
    even though this is a good game with great graphics, and all that, i think really the annoying part is the keys given on the control, you literally can't rebind it to whatever you want, you have to be forced on a binded keyboard control that just doesn't work well with some players, since they may play in a different way, the music is great, and the game mechanics are good, but man theeven though this is a good game with great graphics, and all that, i think really the annoying part is the keys given on the control, you literally can't rebind it to whatever you want, you have to be forced on a binded keyboard control that just doesn't work well with some players, since they may play in a different way, the music is great, and the game mechanics are good, but man the keyboard control issues does really hit it rock bottom. Expand
  26. Feb 1, 2021

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 22, 2016
    Overcooked is a fresh title with a curious concept, but the lack of multiplayer modes is a heavy burden on the overall experience.
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 14, 2016
    One of the best party games ever made – and I don’t even like cooking. [10/2016, p.65]
  3. Oct 12, 2016
    It might take a lot to make a stew, but Overcooked brews one delicious soup that's ideal for those gatherings where you just need a little break and have a hilarious bit of fun.