6.7

1. Mar 15, 2017
    This is an example of AAA graphics and sound coupled with bland gameplay. Combat is clunky and dissatisfying. Blizzard has not shown the capacity to address imbalances between characters. Power adjustments are more of marketing actions to address complaints in Blizzard's forums rather than rational decisions made by developers looking at aggregated data. Competitive is literally the worstThis is an example of AAA graphics and sound coupled with bland gameplay. Combat is clunky and dissatisfying. Blizzard has not shown the capacity to address imbalances between characters. Power adjustments are more of marketing actions to address complaints in Blizzard's forums rather than rational decisions made by developers looking at aggregated data. Competitive is literally the worst experience that I have ever encountered in an online game. Expand
  2. Jun 17, 2016
    - Minimal content for the price tag - 12 maps, 21 characters (many with a lot of skill overlap), 2 game modes.

- Low skill ceiling, boring after a couple dozen hours once you've learned all the characters' tricks. - Built in wallhacks and aimbots engineered as "abilities" and marketed as "gameplay mechanics". - Loot box lottery; gambling style mechanics designed to push sales of

- Loot box lottery; gambling style mechanics designed to push sales of loot box microtransactions.

- Terrible character balance leading to mandatory picks and/or mandatory stacking in games, especially in higher level play once people have learned how to avoid the lesser balanced characters.

- Horrible map design which favors defending teams allowing them to hold choke points directly outside of their base easily while attacking teams have to run 10+ seconds back from a spawn point after waiting 6 seconds to respawn. Additionally, defending teams get a 60 second head start which allows them to easily camp the initial attacking team's base with impunity.

- 20Hz tick rate and predictive "favor the shooter" netcode that leads to lots of cheap deaths and kills. Turn off your kill cam unless you like to rage.

I scoff at the very notion that this will ever be a competitive shooter. We're already watching competitive outlets outright ban maps like 2 Control Point and community map voting rules have effectively banned King of the Hill maps. No custom servers, no server browser... this is a casual game through and through, designed solely for people to pick up and play a few matches then put down. If ever anyone needed proof of this, just look at how Blizzard was quick to address an animation cancel for Widowmaker that promoted skill. (Third post time is a charm, I guess.)
  3. Jun 9, 2017
    Every time I play this game I keep looking for magic and finding trash. Do not believe the hype this is a free to play game that steals money from the Blizzard fan boys. Game options are limited, terrible balance on matches and worst of all the lore is vague and pathetic. Complete waste of money!
    The game is celebrating its one year anniversary and the matchmaking is still complete trash. My hypothesis is because I have never paid any addition money for bs loot boxes the game continues to screw me. Blizzard fan boys will continue to love this game, I will still play but let the world know it is terrible. So I am part of the problem!
  4. Jun 10, 2016
    Most time you have casuals in your team everybody do what he want, real team play is very rar. and there is no long time Motivation....waste of money.
  5. Jun 4, 2016
    Underwhelming for the price. I have put almost 3,000 hours into TF2, I love that game. During beta I really liked overwatch but I feel the community is just giving it a straight pass because it's a Blizzard game. The game has some deep running flaws people refuse to admit to. They are choosing to be blind to it.

I really want to like this game, but in its current state? No, not at all.

I really want to like this game, but in its current state? No, not at all.

+20 tick servers are primitive.

+Some heroes have such low skill ceilings.
    - This can be good for attracting a casual audience, but since this is supposed to be such a 'competitive game' - even having tournaments arranged before release it seems somewhat wrong.

+ There is nothing more to the characters than is intended by Blizzard.
    - No forms of complex movement, something that really makes or breaks a game for me.

+ Ultimate's require no skill to use.
    - How effective an ult is is based completely on timing and luck. There is no SKILL in lucky timing.

+ Some classes have weapons which literally require you to aim within 75 degrees of an enemy to hit them. It's a little ridiculous for a "Skilled" FPS.
  6. Oct 31, 2016
    Korean hackers are ruining the game. If you play from the US West coast, Europe, or South East Asia, you will be paired up with Korean hackers. In Korea, Overwatch itself is free. Players use "PC Bangs", internet cafes, to play and pay the cafe, which pays a royalty to Blizzard. Blizzard is actively profiting from the PC Bangs allowing users to download cheats, and letting the PC BangKorean hackers are ruining the game. If you play from the US West coast, Europe, or South East Asia, you will be paired up with Korean hackers. In Korea, Overwatch itself is free. Players use "PC Bangs", internet cafes, to play and pay the cafe, which pays a royalty to Blizzard. Blizzard is actively profiting from the PC Bangs allowing users to download cheats, and letting the PC Bang operates do whatever. Normally this wouldn't be such a problem if you have cheaters facing cheaters. But said cheaters are coming over to the non-Korean servers to climb competitive ranked games easier. If they start to lose the match, they'll turn on obvious auto-aiming cheats enough to reverse the game and win.

Blizzard is making a LOT of money off of the PC Bangs and has no plan to deal with the cheaters. Do NOT buy a game where cheaters get the game for (mostly) free and are not banned.
  7. May 25, 2016
    A serie with alot of hype, mainly because it is a Blizzard game with their "Blizzard polish". This game is fun, but won't have a long longevity for me after spending a decent amount of hours(around 100) playing this game. I will explain it as short as possible for the people who wants quick and short reviews to compare it with each other:

EDIT: It isn't as short as I thought it would

EDIT: It isn't as short as I thought it would be, so my appologize.

- It's a fun and solid teambased shooter when you're new to this game:
    It's a fun and fresh experience, when you're learning each maps and characters. Every character is unique, but also easy to learn/understand. The maps are also well designed enough for each character.

This is subjective and a negative for some gamers: People who wants complex characters won't get what they want. So this could be a negative. For example, Mei is a hero with a tier 4 difficutly, yet she doesn't feel that different in difficulty compared to a tier 1 character like Bastion.

- You can switch characters during game and also able to play as the same heroes as your teammates::
    So you and your team can accustom to how your opponents are playing incase you have chosen the wrong hero. Or you can experiment by changing your heroes till you find the synergy to win the game. Or go crazy and have fun with weird hero combinations(even though this may be disrespectfull for your opponent).

- Teamplay is pretty important in the game:
    For example, your health won't regenerate, hence you need a healer. However, you don't need a healer if you don't want to play that way, since there are healing items lying around the map with a respawn/cooldown timer. This will slow down your teamplay if everyone is scattered around to find the healing items and heal themself. Each hero has their role(attackers, defenders, supporters and healers).

- Game isn't technically impressive. However, we're gamers and the visual presentation and performance is nice and that's what matters:
    It looks like a Pixar movie(not hitting that lvl, but the style is similiar) and the gameplay is fluent. Especially on the console, since it's pretty hard for developers to hit the 60fps on consoles and Overwatch is one of those game hitting the 60fps with a dynamic resolution.

Negatives:
    - Short longevity for some gamers:
    This doesn't apply to everyone ofcourse. But the amount of content is pretty small for a priced game. This game is only PvP and while the game is fun to play, it's all you will get(with the exception of future contents(but the question is, will that be enough)). All the heroes are unlocked and the maps. The only thing you will get are sprays, skins(some are interesting if I'm honest hehe), taunts, etc. As you may noticed, all the things I've mentioned doesn't add any value to the actual game, beside being aesthetic. All the character will play the same, meaning you won't be able to personalize your character like some other games do. Hence this longevity will be short after knowing how all your heroes plays and how to play in each maps. This is the main reason why I won't give this game a high score/perfect score like a 9 or 10.

- The game isn't complete, since the competitive gamemode will come in the next update:
    Meaning, you're buying a game which isn't complete. Similiar towards SFV, but that one is far worse. This may be a trend in the future where publishers releases an incomplete game for the full price(sadly, I also bought this game, meaning I can't say much about this). Also another reason why I won't give this game an 8.

Hence my final verdict being a 7. I hope you understand why I gave this a 7 and this is my personal opinion anyways for the people who disagrees :) 7 is a good game IMO, even though it isn't a 9 or a 10. Hope I helped some people with this review. And if you will buy this game or have bought this and still read this, because of curiosity:

I hope you're enjoying your game and hope we will be teamed up and teamed against in Overwatch :P

PS: Srry for my English.
  8. Jun 13, 2016
    For a first week you're gonna have a great time but after that you're gonna notice the faults inside. Blizzard has really adopted the cashcow shenanigans with this game, you're playing with a good team and suddenly you get kicked because the matchmaking keeps the game forced 50% win/lose ratio to keep the retards happy. Some of the heros are ridiculously overpowered and will be seen inFor a first week you're gonna have a great time but after that you're gonna notice the faults inside. Blizzard has really adopted the cashcow shenanigans with this game, you're playing with a good team and suddenly you get kicked because the matchmaking keeps the game forced 50% win/lose ratio to keep the retards happy. Some of the heros are ridiculously overpowered and will be seen in every game. Also full price for only 2 modes and bunch of maps is too much greed even for Blizzard. Expand
  9. Jun 11, 2016
    I really do see no point in this game,it contradicts itself on every level:
    -it wants to be casual to appeal to a greater oudience but wants to be esport using very restricetd game modes,with very resitricted games settings
    -it wants to be focused on characterization and lore but it shoots itself in the foot via being an competitive fps

seriusly man,what the actual ****
  10. Jun 13, 2016
    This is a Sorry Excuse of a game, Copied from Team Fortress 2 but still has only 2 modes whereas Team Fortress 2 has more than 7 game modes and it is a Free to Play, Team Fortress also has Co-op which this game doesnt, dumbed down FPS mechanics for 10 year old kids, way to overhyped and overpriced, I made a mistake by buying this game, it is a Free to Play game being sold on full price,This is a Sorry Excuse of a game, Copied from Team Fortress 2 but still has only 2 modes whereas Team Fortress 2 has more than 7 game modes and it is a Free to Play, Team Fortress also has Co-op which this game doesnt, dumbed down FPS mechanics for 10 year old kids, way to overhyped and overpriced, I made a mistake by buying this game, it is a Free to Play game being sold on full price, Avoid if you value your money, dont fall for the hype Expand
  11. Jan 14, 2017
    THE GAME SUCK SO GOOD THAT CAN EASY FIND A JOB IN A BURDELO.

"I spent about 150+ hours on Overwatch thinking, "Hey, this feels like a terrible version of TF2, why did they ripoff the class types and the animation style but none of the clever maps or character balance?" "...BLABLA
  12. Jun 13, 2016
    There's a good game buried in Overwatch, but it is grossly overshadowed by one of the worst match making mechanics around. Enforcing a 50% win rate, you will have frustrating, boring match after frustrating, boring match. Even if, somehow, you get a decent one, a rarity, the lack of maps will quickly make this game a dull use of forty dollars.
  13. May 24, 2016
    Pros:
    1. Takes some of the best concepts of TF2 and Mobas such as being able to switch characters between death, map modes and picking heroes instead of classes
    2. There is a good variety of heroes that will appeal to both fans of Mobas and Fps 2. Abilities and Ultimates feel relatively powerful and fun to use 3. Game requires very little time commitment but can also be played hours
    2. Abilities and Ultimates feel relatively powerful and fun to use
    3. Game requires very little time commitment but can also be played hours at a time without feeling too repetitive
    4. Micro transactions are only for skins and visual effects that doesn't give players unfair advantages other than looking awesome

Cons:
    1. Can't match up any higher than 6v6 like TF2 can
    2. Very few game modes as of release
    3. No campaign or coop campaign modes as of release
    4. Only 21 heroes as of release
    5. Playing solo can be frustrating and difficult if you are matched with pre-made teams
    6. Doesn't innovate in any noticeable or noteworthy way

Thankfully most of these problems can be fixed and improved through patches so I am cautiously optimistic for this game.
  14. Jun 9, 2016

And then I got on the forums to ask, and everyone who refuses to accept that Blizzard hasn't launched an original game since WoW. And all I got in response was, "It's not a ripoff! It's a totally different game!" and the main response was, "Well if TF2 is soooo much better why dont you go back to that!" And at first I was bothered by all the instant negativity, but then I realized they were right.

So I went back to TF2 and haven't regretted it for a moment.

TL:DR I spent $40 to remind myself that new doesn't equal better.
  15. Jun 11, 2016
    there's a saying,it goes: "if you can accuratly describe a thing with 6 words or fewer,it either sucks or is boring"

overwatch: tf2 with waifus

>:-)
  16. Jul 4, 2016
    Note: I'm updating my review with the addition of competitive mode (updated part of review is in "UPDATE" section.

It's a nice shooter from Blizzard, not to serious, not to cheesy. For me, person who hates military shooters this title suits well. The game is very fast paced and there is always some action going on, which is great. Pros: - Pretty good and consistent artstyle - Cool

Pros:
    - Pretty good and consistent artstyle
    - Cool heroes with distinct abilities
    - Fluid and polished combat
    - Simple to pick up, but has enough depth to not get bored quickly
    - Great performance even on older machines
    - Engaging gameplay centered on objectives.

Pros:
    - Game suffers from not that good netcode with only ~20Hz tickrate
    - No ranked (competitive mode) on release (being reworked and patched in at a later date)
    - Hero stacking can be frustrating at times

One more thing is that people complain about it's business model. Personally I like buy to play model, with some cosmetic micro-transaction. If this had pay-walls or grind-walls with f2p model, I would not even play it. I hate that in hearthstone and hate that in Heroes of the Storm. With Overwatch, you can take few months break and don't fall behind compared to other people - all heroes (including upcoming ones) are available right of the bat, same goes for maps and game modes and what not - basically all content, apart cosmetics (which is not any in-game advantage whatsoever).

But this is fun game, especially to play with friends (but it's okay too when playing with random people). If you look for hardcore competitive game with advanced mechanics and lot of depth - this games is probably not for you, in other case - I can recommend it.

UPDATE!!! (mostly about competitive mode)

I initially gave it weak 8/10. But since Blizzard patched in competitive mode (aka ranked system) I've decided to update my review.

Basically competitive mode is in broken state. There are serious bugs (or maybe design choice) related to how your rank progression is calculated. As notable example, if you win the competitive game, and there is a leaver (person who abandoned game), regardless if you are on affected team or not, in any winner gets barely no rank progress (in comparison on average it's more than 50% of rank progress, with a leaver it's less than 10%), but you always lose full amount of progress regardless if some leaver screws your game. 1week in, still no response on this issue. Additionally, people with 60% or greater winrate can fall in ranks just like that.

Matchmaking is terrible, especially for solo people and small party groups. Most games are either you stomp the enemy or you are being stomped. Close games are scarce.

The competitive mode is plagued with leavers (which can basically can leave as they please, because you have to abuse it to get even slightest penalty), griefers (who basically play the game their own way ignoring team's interest), trolls and all kind of people that will ruin you the fun of competing with other players.

On top of that if game ends in draw, you basically play a coin flip, because draw is played on asymmetric map, where one side gets attack and other defense (that is not 50/50 chance to win).

It's not a super competitive game when you go heavy try-hard mode, but competitive mode is competitive, even with casual aspects, but in current iteration it's absolutely broken and it will cause you only frustration due to multiple bugs and/or design flaws. Because the only long-term value is competitive mode (which should give you progression system and goals to achieve) and it's broken I'm changing my verdict from 8 to 5/10. Even if you look at this game more casually and intend to play just like 1-2 weeks per season, still some things can't be ignored and I eventually would not recommend it at this point.
  17. May 27, 2016
    Overall disappointed in Blizzard. I really really wanted to give this game a chance. I have been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft 1 on PC...owning and playing every game they have released religiously.

Overwatch has good character design, smooth game play, decent graphics on PC/PS4 but no innovative features or game modes that will pull me away from any of my top FPS/TPS games (old and new). Overwatch is a simplified FPS compared to others and it's not necessarily a bad thing. The maps are well designed for close quarter battles and the game doesn't drag long.
    I think the simplicity of it will draw new players to the genre so they can pick it up easily. To me, it seems like they made this game for beginners to the FPS genre. Sure vets can still play it and have fun with the characters abilities but if you look at it overall it's not as FUN as it can and should be.

It reminds me of the same thing they tried to do when they entered the MOBA genre with Heroes of the Storm. They simplified it compared to other MOBA games but I got bored of it quickly. Maybe I'm an old hardcore gamer and I want to get my money's worth. But $60 is alot of money for a multiplayer only FPS game with only 2 modes There's not even a campaign with all the story behind the characters.
    Star Wars Battlefront basically multiplayer only but Battlefront is a much better FPS. Like AMAZING compared to boring Overwatch! Plus, the 2 game modes of hold the area and move the convoy aren't really exciting at all to play. Couldn't they think of something more creative? Heck! The game modes in Unreal Tournament especially 2004 still blow the Overwatch away. Unreal 2004 (and on) still has the most enjoyable and creative progression objectives like Assault, Onslaught, etc. Instead of a boring hold this spot then protect this new spot or convey. It would've helped Overwatch tremendously if they learned from the game modes of Call of Duty, Castle Wolfenstein, Unreal Tournament and not just copying mainly Team Fortress. I would've gladly pay $60 for this multiplayer-exclusive FPS game if it had better modes and features. For example, maybe with some maps or modes they could have a train fight scenario to find the bomb, destroy big turret by progressively completing objectives. So Overwatch is just a plain shooter. Nothing special at all. You could play any sci-fi shooter of the past and still get the same experience but just without the awesome character design.

Overwatch took some good ideas from some FPS but not enough to make it great.
    It's just a "clone" FPS with a gorgeous reskin of characters with special moves.
    I'm a big fan of Blizzard and have played all their games religiously and even own collector's edition of all the PC games (from Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft and I even bought the Overwatch one). But I'm sorry I have to give this one a bad rating. Not sure who took over creative directing at Blizzard but this one is a fail to me. It might do well for teeny-boppers and millenials that jump on the hype. And most likely Blizzard will front a bunch of $million dollar tournaments because they can. But that still doesn't help make this a great FPS. It's below average to me. Even Team Fortress and Counterstrike are more fun than this. They may only have a few maps or modes but they were the originators and still the BEST. Blizzard tried to copy them and some other FPS but ended up being flat in the end.
  18. Jun 4, 2016
    This game is **** in so many ways, theres no way any half decent critic give it 10/10.
    Its presented as shoter game, but shoting is almost meaningless for most classes. It goes all down to skill usage and cheap unavoidable deaths, be it by retarded combos like mccrees flash+m2 instadeaths, or "press Q to wipe half of enemy team".
    Poor content for 40€ game with terribly designed maps full
    Poor content for 40€ game with terribly designed maps full of small chokepoints. Terrible 20tick servers (thats sooooo last-century in FPS genre).
    Plenty of heroes? Well, half of them are very situational, while few are pretty universal on every map. As theres this stupid rock-paper-scissor mechanism (and some scissors are so sharp to cut even mountains), u cant even play what u want as u have to counterpick, making high hero counts meaningless.
    Its team-based game. Its soooo hardcore in this, that if u dont have 5 friends playing with you all time, its just **** game as u gona most likely face pug vs premade.
    All in all, if ur interested in shoter game, this is not for you.
  19. May 24, 2016
    Overall OW is a decent game, but not perfect.

The gameplay is relatively solid. The game plays like it is supposed to and things seems to work. No major bugs. All the heroes are pretty fun and unique. Each won has a different style and is fun to play in it's own right. The scoring seems relatively fair and balanced. The interface makes sense is relatively easy to navigate. However,
    Overall OW is a decent game, but not perfect.

However, what holds this game back for me, first and foremost, is the lack of content. There is essentially 1 game mode and that's it, and within that game mode there are only 2 gametypes. The maps all feel pretty much the same as well. They're all pretty linear making the map a more or less negligible element of the match. There is no reward system that seems to drive you to play or achieve something.

For me, the game feel unfinished. Like it's a late stage beta or something. There just isn't enough content to keep players hooked for a considerable period of time. Most players will burn out after a month or two. The game is solid, well made, and works like it's supposed to. Basically this game doesn't have any errors per se, but it doesn't have any shining accolades either.
  20. Jun 16, 2016
    In your first week it feels fun and good, but as you gain level it will match you against 90 or more leveled players while you are still at 25 level means they're 3, 4 times more experienced than you in this game, terrible matchmaking, no balance. Don't buy this game, doesn't worth it.
  21. Jan 3, 2017
    Don't buy it! Blizzard don't care about this game! Lokk at forums, for mounth we have fps drops, and nothing is still done! They got our money, and then **** on us. Don't buy, don't play, show them that we care, and we want normal treatment!
  22. Aug 11, 2017
    runs well because nothing to the graphics, boriiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg game. not worth the price tag. should be free
  23. May 29, 2016
    Horrible community, one of the worst I've experienced in my 15 years of online gaming, expect to be ridiculed, belittled, insulted very frequently. No progression of any kind (unless you consider randomized aesthetic unlocks to be progress). Very little variation in maps and game modes. Huge price tag for an multiplayer-only game. Its fun at first, but hugely repetitive after and theHorrible community, one of the worst I've experienced in my 15 years of online gaming, expect to be ridiculed, belittled, insulted very frequently. No progression of any kind (unless you consider randomized aesthetic unlocks to be progress). Very little variation in maps and game modes. Huge price tag for an multiplayer-only game. Its fun at first, but hugely repetitive after and the community just depresses you further.
    In my honest opinion, this is a huge price tag for such a small game and not worth it. I only wish I knew of Blizzard's refund policy before I went past level 5.
    There are many games out there which are more worth your money than this. This is a borderline scam for how much you get for what you pay.
    Really, really, do NOT recommend to anyone.
  24. May 28, 2016
    I've played this game, its a waste of money, its and expensive game. Blizzard invests more in fake review and other fake hipe to sell a weak game. Its and expensive platform for a huge cash-shop, dont waste your money on Blizzard, its over with them.
    Game its a simple multiplayer shooter with 1 mode and 8 maps.
    Its a f2p platform, just wait 6 months till its free. If people want more
    Game its a simple multiplayer shooter with 1 mode and 8 maps.
    Its a f2p platform, just wait 6 months till its free.
    If people want more games like Witcher, its time we stop supporting companies like Blizzard.
  25. May 31, 2016
    it's a shame, in these days, a game without content except multiplayer....
    for me, it's the same as Battlefront (EA).
    why no solo campaing?
    why no coop campaing?
    why microtransactions¿?
    only money for blizzard, i like a lot FPS, and Overwatch it's a copy paste of others FPS, but with a fancy graphics
  26. May 31, 2016
    Take TF2, shine it up, take the game mechanic du jour (MOBA style abilities and "ultimates") and then mash it all together in a game that costs more than TF2 ever did. Whut?

Yeah, this game has potential, it has promise, but it also has a lot of problems too. Character balance is awful, fans of the game will tell you that it's an amazing game where being able to change your character means it's a constant game of rock paper scissors. That is until you realise that half a dozen characters in the game are both rock and paper, or scissors and rock, or even all three, when played by someone with a modicum of experience.

Half objective based team shooter, half team deathmatch, the game shines when it is played like the former and results in pure frustration and anger because 2 or 3 people playing it like the latter can ruin any real sense of strategy or territorial control.

But then the game clearly isn't set up to be a game of tactical nuance. Spawn times are almost non-existent meaning defenders are constantly able to defend, and maps are so poorly designed that they're either too open or too narrow.

But ultimately (no pun intended?) what kills it for me are the one-two combos that many characters have that are nigh on impossible to counter without one of those rock and paper characters I previously mentioned. Roadhog's Chain and point blank shotgun blast will kill almost anyone in one shot after dragging them (with no counter and a stun) to right infront of him. McCree can stun you in place with a flashbang, unload his 6 shooter, roll for instant reload and shoot you for 6 against straight away. Mei only has to start hitting you with her stream of ice and, unless you have some kind of "escape" ability, you're going to be toast as she freezes you in place and then lines up a headshot while you can do nothing and kills you.

This game is touted as supposedly being about being a "Postive" FPS, where people aren't downvoted or reported, where people are encouraged to commend people for achievements, where everyone gets "elimination" stats for having taken part in a kill. But at it's core it's a devious deathmatch game which rewards trolling behaviour by one player against another.

But fans will tell you that there is depth and skill to this game, which may be true for Blizzard fans that have come from outside an FPS environment. For those of us that have been playing the genre for 20 years aren't seeing anything fundamentally new here, and what is new (the MOBA ability elements) are hamfistedly introduced without care for what makes MOBA games work... that good positioning and ancillary item use can counter and lessen the effects of people's abilities and ultimates, something entirely not present in this game.

Over-hyped, this game could be mindless fun, but it's not even that right now.
  27. May 29, 2016
    Overwatch is yet another Blizzard title which has been developed for an extremely long time and yet manages to launch with less content than even most indie games. Ever since Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard has released increasingly low quality titles that somehow manage to get good reviews and make a lot of money. Overwatch is another Blizzard title that is more like a mobile app than anOverwatch is yet another Blizzard title which has been developed for an extremely long time and yet manages to launch with less content than even most indie games. Ever since Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard has released increasingly low quality titles that somehow manage to get good reviews and make a lot of money. Overwatch is another Blizzard title that is more like a mobile app than an actual multi platform game.

Pros and cons:

+ Not many bugs or stability issues, runs really well
    + All characters are unlocked from the go so you can easily try your favorite hero
    + Lots of different characters with different play styles
    + Graphics are typical for Blizzard, game looks pretty nice and doesn't require you to have a beefy PC

- Netcode is quite simply horrible
    - Servers seemingly don't boot players with extreme pings
    - Game is designed around countering heroes/teams rather than improving your skills
    - Many auto win mechanics that will net you easy cheap kills with a press of a button
    - Matchmaking right now is quite bad, most rounds are insanely unfair and end pretty fast with one team just steamrolling the other. I've only had a handful of rounds that felt balanced and played well.
    - Punishing for solo players
    - Only a few maps and game modes, game is very repetitive. After playing for about 10-15 hours you've already seen and experienced the entire game and it doesn't really offer variety since the maps always play exactly the same.
    - For 40€, you get a polished game worth about 10 hours of play time, most f2p titles can offer twice that, easily.
    - The game is constantly trying to guess where you're character is going to move because the tickrate is so low, so you will notice (at least I do, playing with 144hz @ 144+ fps) a lot of stuttering when moving as a fast character. To me this is really really annoying and I can't understand why this would be a thing in 2016.

Conclusion:

This is one of those games that feels like the designers were focusing on perfecting one aspect of the game and completely forgot about everything else. In traditional Blizzard manner, this game is pretty much bug/glitch free and runs really really well, performance wise. It is however very apparent that Blizzard has no experience making FPS games. The horrible netcode, cheesy free kill mechanics and lack of content really scream for f2p. I do understand the benefits of having a 40€ price, as it will discourage cheating and will eliminate any sort of pay-to-win model, but trying to justify that price for a multiplayer only title that has as much content as Dirty Bomb seems hard.

Nevertheless, this will be a fun game to play with friends, for a while. I wouldn't pay full price for it unless they add more free content in the future. If you are an FPS games, this game is probably not for you, as it seems to be more aimed at the MOBA people out there. I've played a lot of games but I would consider myself mostly an FPS games, and I can safely say this game is definitely NOT aimed at players like myself.
  28. Jun 2, 2016
    Let's start with the positive stuff.

The gameplay of Overwatch is great. The maps, the heroes, the models, the abilities all play really fine. The world is rather mysterious, but thanks to the cinematic shorts, comics and other posts, it's actually quite cool for a Shooter. I want to love this game really, really hard. But I can't. First of all, the matchmaking! Blizzard is
    Let's start with the positive stuff.

The gameplay of Overwatch is great.

But I can't.

First of all, the matchmaking!
    Blizzard is notorious for their incompetent matchmakers. Heroes of the Storm was a huge failure because of it, despite HOTS having pretty damn awesome gameplay and design, the cancer that was matchmaking proved to be fatal to the game. One would think that the company learned from its mistakes. Nope. The game throws everyone together. Seasoned, highly skilled tryhards who are in it for the win and teamplay, and useless, noobcake newbies who will pick a 3rd sniper to cement your team's failuire. The teams are rarely ever balanced. One team usually stomps the other. Virtually every single game is full of frustration and stress. I tried to cling onto hope so hard that I gave the game more than 50 hours played hoping that the matchmaking will get a bit better, but nope, it didn't. To make things worse, there is no ranked play. Why would any developer release a competitive team based game without ranked play? That's the point of the whole game. It's like, selling a car without a motor: "Here's your car, we don't have your motor yet, but in the meantime you can sit in it, or you can pretend to dive it!"

Did I mention high latency? In most online games I have 20-25 ms ping. In overwatch the lowest I've seen is 40-45, but it usually is 60-70.
    The server communicates with the clients 20.8 times per second. So, everything you do in the game happens on that other guy's monitor about 0,1 seconds later. That's a lifetime in a fast paced FPS shooter! You will get shot by snipers and everybody all the time despite the fact that you were already in cover on your machine. It's a joke.

I played plenty of multiplayer FPS games in my life. I used to be a Quake1 player, touched Q3, Quake Live, the COD and Battlefield series, the UT series and so on, but those games were FUN. Overwatch has a much better gameplay, but the matchmaking nullifies every bit of that so hard that I have to arrive to the conclusion:

I never had such an awful online experience in my life.
  29. May 29, 2016
    Generic shooter with AAA price tag, released with major balance problems and low on content. Wait 1-2 years till it ll be finished. Overall, it's a shame for now.
  30. Jun 2, 2016
    Could've been a good f2p game you can enjoy with your friends. Instead it became a mediocre FPS with little to no content, minimal playerbase and the worst micro-transactions and loot systems you can think of.
  31. May 27, 2016
    Pass on this. Nothing new except maybe the art style of the game is pretty good. Should have been a free to play game with the option to pay for the skins. Needed a single player mini campaign or something to add some story for each character. Multiplayer matches are quick and for the most part fun but it's get pretty boring quickly.
  32. May 24, 2016
    Possibly one of the most over-hyped shooter ever released. You read many websites praising how awesome the beta was and then you get to game itself and you will realize there isnt much to be praised about overwatch.
    Game features 21 heroes with lots of unlockables. Each hero has an interesting passive and a set of cool abilities but many of heroes are either over-powered ATM or either or with such a low skill cap they do an insane amount of damage which results in ez 1v3 in games. I feel like the game is not in a playbale estate and needs lots of re balancing in terms of abilities ratios.
    Secondly the game doesnt have much content. aside from tones of unlockables, maps and heroes will be summarized in about 1 hour. The rest of your time will be spent on playing the similar modes again and again. Although i should say the maps and their layers are awesome! may be one of the best map designs ever.
    But the actual concern for me comes in when you can switch heroes in the game. When such a features exist then what is the definition of mastering a certain hero or a roll. as far as I have played either no1 wants to support or we see 2 bastion in single game. I feel like in terms of choosing heroes the game should locks it for 1 choice and one champ per a game, this way the team will be enforced to a better team building and teamwork.
    Lastly, the game doesnt have much content, but I hope blizzard updates it with free new modes and maps and perhaps new heroes and features. After seeing what it has to offer the rest of your time will be spent on understanding maps, item locations and mastering a hero regarding their abilities in respect to the team and map itself. But I fink this will not be possible for every1 since the game allows you to switch freely between characters. Like i said this decision questions if mastering a hero or a certain roles matters at all. Perhaps only for team games, other than that the quick game mode of Overwatch is a chaotic and frustrating set of short gameplay which teaches you nothing and rewards you wit nothing as well. Other than this I will not recommend This game if you fink this will satisfy your love for MOBA games as a FPS shooter. Its a game with a very low skill cap IMO. As a person who has played League of legends for over 4 years with Master Tier, I am pretty sure I do have a good understanding of skill cap and over powered factors in respect to heroes.
  33. Jun 6, 2016
    Random disconnects all the time, terrible matchmaking (joining a losing match 5 seconds before it ends, seriously?) and other annoying problems makes this game unplayable. Don't waste your money for this full price beta early acess. Wait till they fix this mess of a game, maybe the price will drop and more content will be added.
    I give 0 because i think this game is broken, and not ready
    I give 0 because i think this game is broken, and not ready for release. If it didn't have any of those problems, it'd probably be 7/10 or something.
  34. Jun 4, 2016
    Blizzard removed the support of 21:9 monitors with its latest patch. Seriously, Blizzard?

That was exactly the reason why I bought such a monitor: I just love those big black strips on the right an left side.

Uninstalled. Wasn't too interesting anyway.
  35. May 26, 2016
    This game is a crime, pure and simple. This is MAYBE $20 worth of content being offered at full price. After an opening scene lifted whole cloth from 'The Incredibles', you're tossed right into the game, which is essentially an arcade FPS. There is zero character backstory. There is zero character progression. You can unlock things for characters (skins, dialog options, etc) but you do soThis game is a crime, pure and simple. This is MAYBE $20 worth of content being offered at full price. After an opening scene lifted whole cloth from 'The Incredibles', you're tossed right into the game, which is essentially an arcade FPS. There is zero character backstory. There is zero character progression. You can unlock things for characters (skins, dialog options, etc) but you do so with random loot boxes. If you stick with a favorite character you will not unlock items for that character any faster. If you thought 'Evolve' and 'Rainbow Six Siege' were small games, then you'll be even more annoyed with this.
    The most galling part is that the character design and core gameplay are really well done (hence the 4). They couldn't have spent time on a story mode like in a fighting game, where you play through matches with bots to get each character's backstory? Nope. Supposedly Blizzard has already announced free DLC for this game, hopefully it's, I don't know, maybe the option to select what type of match you want to play? Right now your only option is zone capture or moving zone capture. Definitely not worth $60.
  36. Jun 2, 2016
    40$ to get matched up with retards. 2 game modes, less than 10 maps. Less content than Battlefront. 1 point because it doesn't crash that much. Waste.
  37. May 28, 2016
    I'll keep this review strictly to pros and cons. I have about 50 hours played total across the beta and the game, and these are my thoughts of its current state - subject to change, obviously.

CONS: -Incredibly fun and addicting -21 unique characters with satisfying and rewarding abilities -Decent difficulty spectrum, something for all types of players too -Heroes are pretty

CONS:
    -Incredibly fun and addicting
    -21 unique characters with satisfying and rewarding abilities
    -Decent difficulty spectrum, something for all types of players too
    -Heroes are pretty balanced against each other in a vacuum (HOWEVER, the game isn't a vacuum. See below)
    -Beautiful game design, smooth operation
    -Great and easy to use group feature

CONS:
    -Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE map design. Perhaps some of the worst maps ever made into a shooter game can be found in Hanamura, Temple of Anubis and Volskaya Industries. These maps are comically easy to defend, and require a level of total and complete team competence to attack that is all but unheard of in a pub setting.
    -Similarly, cheese defense is way too easy and way too effective. Yes, heroes like Bastion and Torbjorn may be counterable in theory, but actually going out and breaking their line of defense on the game's atrocious maps is perhaps the hardest task I've ever come across in a video game
    -Overtime is similarly a very poor design. Losers become winners and winners become losers because of it. Often times in the control point modes, a team will hit 99% but they will not win because of their defenses finally cracking during the game's ludicrously rewarding overtime.
    -20 tick servers are awful, you will get hit around corners a lot
    -Because of the issues above, the game is about as competitive as a game of catch
    -low amounts of content but I'm not scoring on this because it's definitely going to change as the game evolves

Overall, I give overwatch's current state a 4/10. It isn't anything spectacular and is plagued by a number of nuisances that just aren't suitably beatable for pub play. That being said, it's a great amount of fun and it will definitely stick around for a while.
  38. Jul 15, 2016
    Overwatch is a game that can be extremely fun in short bursts, especially with friends. The graphics are gorgeous and the control is smooth and responsive. Finding a match is easy and quick usually. The characters designs are interesting and their powers are impactful and fun. Why is this game not a 10/10 like some of the critic reviews, you may be asking yourself.

Overwatch has several

Overwatch has several shortcomings (knowing Blizzard these will be fixed in time) that hold it back from a full recommendation to all gamers. For one this game is only a multiplayer online shooter, so you are subject to other people's success and failure as much as your own and that can be frustrating at times, especially considering the amount of teamwork required. One guy who refuses to change classes to help the team can lose you the game. If no one wants to play tank or healer, well, good luck winning. Also, there a decent amount of maps, but the game could certainly use more.

If you're not the type of FPS fan that likes to like of things like strategy and meta, than this may not appeal to you. If you're very competitive, this may not appeal to you, as you can only control 1/6 of the outcome of the game, unless you make a team with your friends. Finally if you want a story mode or something novel other than standard multiplayer matches you can find elsewhere you may be disappointed.

People that love online competitive TEAM shooters, will love this game, but many people will get bored quickly as there isn't a whole lot of modes (yet) or things you haven't seen before. Its solid and very well made, as is tradition with Blizzard, but it's lacking reasons for FPS vets to change over from there game of choice other than being a fun, by the numbers experience. Thanks for reading.
  39. May 24, 2016
    Pros
    - The combat is fun and easy to learn. The ultimate casual experience;
    - Many characters and they are all so UNIQUE, that's by far the game strongest point. - While not crazy advanced, the graphics are super cool. A nice art style that perfectly merges cartoon and futuristic themes. - The game is running pretty well and with almost no performance issues at launch. That's pretty
    Pros
    - The combat is fun and easy to learn. The ultimate casual experience;
    - The game is running pretty well and with almost no performance issues at launch. That's pretty impressive considering how the market have been treating launches lately.

Cons
    - The price is way too high. It's the most expensive game ever released in my country. Something close to 90 USD. Considering the amount of content, this game should be F2P. So that's a terrible move by Blizzard. If it wasn't for the price, I'd easily give this game a 9.
    - Some unbalanced combat situations. Some might argue that I just didn't learn how to effectively counter some specific characters yet. Indeed, I'm still learning so I can't tell for sure, but at first, some classes feel way stronger then others.
    - 20 Hz tick rate? Choose Tracer and don't stop moving. You're pretty much invincible. Those hit boxes, man.
    - Being so casual has it's price. The game just released but the lack of more complex game modes and rankings will probably make me grow tired of this pretty soon. There's nothing that forces me to come back and pick up from where I left off. No career progression, nothing.

But what it desperately really needs is more content. That, or a reasonable price tag for the content it offers now. It feels like Battlefront all over again. Except it plays a lot better.
  40. May 29, 2016
    Pros:
    -Fun for playing 1-2 hours a day.
    -Art is too good. -Good lore. -Good heroes. Cons: -Repetitive: its just 1 game mode and they sell it like 3. -Unbalanced: tanks dealing more damage than damage characters. -Lack of content for prize. -No progression at all: a level 2 player will play exactly the same as a level 348. -0 strategy: 75% of the time you will just making hubbub
    Pros:
    -Fun for playing 1-2 hours a day.
    -Art is too good.
    -Good lore.
    -Good heroes.

Cons:
    -Repetitive: its just 1 game mode and they sell it like 3.
    -Unbalanced: tanks dealing more damage than damage characters.
    -Lack of content for prize.
    -0 strategy: 75% of the time you will just making hubbub in objectives.
    -Horrible netcode: basically they made this game so that people with bad connections could play too, this leads to horrible servers where people with bad internet connections have more advantage than you.
    -0 reward after playing: and im not talking about the boxes. When you finished playing this game nothing has changed, you haven't learned anything from your last match, you haven't improve anything or get some skill; is just repeating the same process over and over.
  41. May 27, 2016
    The game looks fantastic but became repetitive after about 4 hours, there is no single player, and not a lot of content. This game reminds me of Team Fortress 2 the only difference is TF2 is free to play.

This game should be free to play, not worth the base price of $40 in it's current state.
  42. Jun 2, 2016
    As a TF2 player with 2500+ hours, this game was supposed to be a refreshing new experience. Instead I got a frustratingly badly optimized game that wont be fixed for years and years.

Balancing 20 something characters isnt just hard, its probably impossible. Its such a mess of either combos of characters or single characters that literally kill anything if you happen to be unlucky. A

A "shield guy" can be combod with a "turret guy" and literally destroy anything in its path. The shield is too strong to destroy right away, and before you even get a chance the turret guy will kill you. Rinse and repeat. Always works. Bad. Game.

Then theres the cowboy guy thats currently overpowered. Hes so good right now that if you accidentally come withing 10-15 feet of him - you die. No need for why and how. You just die. Thats just bad design.

Then theres a lack of stuff to do. Almost all games are identical, and for a game thats supposed to last for months and months, maybe even years (TF2 9 years soon), Im finding myself bored of the content after just 2 days.

The loot is all cosmetic and VERY limited. Youre looking at a couple of re-colors (lazy developers) and tops 2 actual changed cosmetics on every character. Not a lot.

No, this game needs to be given a few years more of developing and fine tuning. If it were up to me Id completely rehaul the damage system. Right now you can literally die before you have a chance to react. Its not COD. Its worse than COD.
  43. May 31, 2016
    A decent game at a first glance, but in the end too casual and way too little content to justify the very high price. And that seems to be trend for Blizzard nowadays, since the company seems to make games prioritizing profits, not content. Also, the reviews from "professional critics" are garbage as the reviews are so over the top one has to wonder if they've been all bribed. The bottomA decent game at a first glance, but in the end too casual and way too little content to justify the very high price. And that seems to be trend for Blizzard nowadays, since the company seems to make games prioritizing profits, not content. Also, the reviews from "professional critics" are garbage as the reviews are so over the top one has to wonder if they've been all bribed. The bottom line is that Blizzard only wants to maximize the money they make and everything else is secondary. Sad. Expand
  44. Jun 4, 2016
    What a sad joke this empty shell of a game is.

But, holy **** it's like the most popular thing right now, there're even ads for it all around my city. This steaming pile of stolen, recycled mechanics from all over the place (moba design butchered EVEN FURTHER from HOTS, TF2's map design and modes, but lazy and worse, etc.) with virtually NO content whatsoever (FOUR MAPS and 4 BUT ONE
    What a sad joke this empty shell of a game is.

This steaming pile of stolen, recycled mechanics from all over the place (moba design butchered EVEN FURTHER from HOTS, TF2's map design and modes, but lazy and worse, etc.) with virtually NO content whatsoever (FOUR MAPS and 4 BUT ONE MODE) with r/p/s character "balance" where you can **** pick mirrors, with laughable 20 tickets servers and the fastest established cancerous, toxic community of autistic spergs who will ridicule and offend everyone who even DARE to state they won't buy this game. Come on, this game isn't even out for a month yet! There's no content to even talk about. Yet, at my job (QA company) I keep hearing them spergs (not all employees, fortunately) talking about how competetive this empty game box is, how high sky ceiling it has (what?). My ears bleed constantly.
    Skill ceiling ends at the skill floor in this game. There's no skill to talk about in R/P/S moba design on designless maps with obvious checkpoints and characters with ultimate actions that quarantee you at least few kills with no effort whatsoever. No matter how good you could be in BF, no matter how good you could be in UT, Tribes or Planetside. You will own scrubs and scrubs will own you, because there's no skill development at all to practice. The only "skill gap" is caused by solo queue team being matched with full premade teams that win by default just thanks to the voice com.
    And there's the price tag. This is simply a God damned joke. Every other company would get murdered for such behaviour. But not Blizzard, which turns out to be the new Antichrist of gaming, beating Valve. Holy crap, what times to be alive, where Ubi and EA are more competent and customer friendly than recent "saviours of PC gaming".
    Even Bethesda's Fallout 4 and ID's WOOD are quality products compared to Blizzard's garbage shovelware.
  45. May 29, 2016
    The concept is great. What came out of the concept is great, but the lack of a future and content is what I have a problem with. The game is fun for 25 hours then you start seeing the same maps over and over again (just like a CoD game, you get the same game modes and the same characters and you just get bored. I can see them adding new characters and you might go into the game and haveThe concept is great. What came out of the concept is great, but the lack of a future and content is what I have a problem with. The game is fun for 25 hours then you start seeing the same maps over and over again (just like a CoD game, you get the same game modes and the same characters and you just get bored. I can see them adding new characters and you might go into the game and have fun with that specific character for 20 minutes until you realize everyone is playing that character. So then you'll get bored again. Oh and the net-code is horrendous.

Positives: Great game, fun to play with friends, haven't found any "proper" bugs

Negatives: No future (maybe map releases and game modes but it will get boring after a while), **** net-coding and you have to rely on teammates that you might not know.
  46. May 29, 2016
    Meh, another evolve/battlefrontea clone. No single player campaign, no competitive mode, low modes of game, childish fancervice.... also the price of this garbage is 40-60€

Just buy Doom, splatoon or play team fortress 2
  47. Jun 2, 2016
    Overwatch is a very enjoyable team shooter. The game is a perfect casual game where you can jump in for 5-10mins and shoot up some people. The characters are fun to play and I do love that the game tells you what your team comp is lacking or has too much of. A nice thing that other team games should put in.
  48. May 27, 2016
    With Blizzard being a billion dollar company and having their reputation as quality game developers there is no excuse for Overwatch to be running on 20 tick servers. 20 tick servers are what games in the 2000's era ran on, and basically makes the game feel like you're playing at 150 ping at all times regardless of your internet speed. In comparison every notable modern day shooter hasWith Blizzard being a billion dollar company and having their reputation as quality game developers there is no excuse for Overwatch to be running on 20 tick servers. 20 tick servers are what games in the 2000's era ran on, and basically makes the game feel like you're playing at 150 ping at all times regardless of your internet speed. In comparison every notable modern day shooter has 60-128 tick servers. Completely unacceptable and a disgusting display of greed from Blizzard. Expand
  49. Jun 2, 2016
    Only 2 game modes no cft or td no one plays as a team balance is a **** joke
    MM is a joke the servers suck they are not even real fps servers but moba servers
    with 20 ticks a sec instead of 120
    not even worth 19$
  50. Jun 2, 2016
    A glib facsimile of a game this one of the most over hyped and empty games I've ever played. The gameplay is stale and to be quite honest with you its been done before and way better. The characters are boring and the "story" if you can even call it that is god awful, lets just say if this were a movie it wouldn't be a kino. Tracer is overly sexualized and that triggers me. Overall this isA glib facsimile of a game this one of the most over hyped and empty games I've ever played. The gameplay is stale and to be quite honest with you its been done before and way better. The characters are boring and the "story" if you can even call it that is god awful, lets just say if this were a movie it wouldn't be a kino. Tracer is overly sexualized and that triggers me. Overall this is the worst game of the year and it won't be remembered fondly after the initial honeymoon period is over. Combined with how offensive and dull this game is I can't give it any more than a 0. Expand
  51. Jun 3, 2016
    Маркетинговая пустышка от близов!
    Мало Героев .
    Мало карт.
    нет прокачки .
    однообразность.
    надоест за пару дней.
  52. May 26, 2016
    absolute joke that this game is scoring as high as it is. made the mistake of playing the beta and then buying it not realizing i was getting nothing more with it. they essentially released an incomplete game with the lack of the competitive mode that they are releasing next month. the fact they put in micro-transactions for the loot boxes which are literally the only unlocks is a realabsolute joke that this game is scoring as high as it is. made the mistake of playing the beta and then buying it not realizing i was getting nothing more with it. they essentially released an incomplete game with the lack of the competitive mode that they are releasing next month. the fact they put in micro-transactions for the loot boxes which are literally the only unlocks is a real slap in the face too. it is a sad world we live in that we as consumers continue to buy trash allowing these companies to keep putting out more. Expand
  53. May 29, 2016
    I'm giving a 3 because there is lots of Eyecandy on the game, and blizzard is pretty good at designing beautiful and cool stuff.

But lets talk about gameplay. It's terrible. Low tick ruins the game, sometimes you have a 2 seconds delay on what is going on, and its terrible! The MM is ridiculous and forces a 50% win ratio. The game is not balanced at all, and its in a really sorry state. If i could refund it, I would easily do it.
  54. Jun 1, 2016
    Meh, there isn't much to say, the skill cap is incredibly low, the gunplay is terrible, everything feels floaty, and it favours casuals and doesn't reward skill at all.
  55. May 27, 2016
    Es un juego sin campaña escaso de contenido el cual se vende a un valor muy alto teniendo en cuenta que además tiene micro transacciones, la similitud con team fortress es evidente, la gran diferencia de este ultimo es que es gratuito. No hay innovación ni grandes características que cumplan con el hype y la publicidad que le da la prensa, en otras palabras no es más que un free to play.
  56. May 24, 2016
    It's polished game. Sadly it isn't a very good FPS, and as a first person MOBA a bit too simple compared to the others (DOTA and LoL). It's like I was 10 years old again, due to the constant hand holding, the game seems to treat me as a child.
    Playing the game feels like watching a boring movie, it doesn't feel like you are playing a game, you can never do anything interesting because the characters are simple and the skills shallow.
    In that sense it suffers from the same problems as Blizzard's other title, Heroes of The Storm. It might find players from the ultra-casual demographic but at the end of the day I doubt Overwatch will ever blow up, and I would not be surprised if it died withing few months.
  57. Mar 6, 2018
    Update: I've lowered my initial rating to 4 as the matchmaking is now horrendous and Blizzard have made extremely controversial balance changes to the game. It's now not worth picking up until Blizzard fixes the game IMO.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of Overwatch. It's a competitive shooter with an insane level of love and polish (like virtually all Blizzard games). Underneath

I'm not entirely sure what to think of Overwatch.
    It's a competitive shooter with an insane level of love and polish (like virtually all Blizzard games). Underneath however it just seems to be an underwhelming TF2 clone, defend or attack an objectives and level up.

The leveling up is pointless too as you just get appearance packs. You don't actually get to customize your load-out or anything like you can with Team Fortress.

I think I'll be trying out Battleborn again once the majority of the technical issues have been fixed. Right now I believe Overwatch is absolutely not worth the asking price and you should wait unless competitive shooters are really your thing. Overwatch doesn't try to do anything innovative or different for that matter compared to similar objective based shooters.

Is it fun? Yes, when your team is playing with the correct heroes.
    The caveat: You will be utterly annihilated if just one or two people from your team play the wrong characters.

It's a very unbalanced game by design it seems, I can see what Blizzard were going for but in practice matches simply revolve around playing the correct character more than actually playing well. Heroes which aren't defenders cannot do much good on their own which is to be expected but requires complete team co-operation which is an unrealistic expectation unless you're playing with friends.

I don't recommend this game unless you have friends you're willing to play and co-operate with.
  58. May 24, 2016
    It is a good game,but suffers with the same problems with Titanfall,Evolve,and Rainbow 6 siege.
    Lacking content.
    This feels like a F2P game,with AAA price tag. Overwatch has better characters than battleborn,each one has unique abilities. and teamwork really matters in this game The gameplay is fantastic,but I want a single player campaign or a co-op story. only 4 modes with too
    Lacking content.
    This feels like a F2P game,with AAA price tag.
    Overwatch has better characters than battleborn,each one has unique abilities.
    and teamwork really matters in this game
    The gameplay is fantastic,but I want a single player campaign or a co-op story.
    only 4 modes with too similar rules,I am very afraid that this game will die in a month.
  59. May 31, 2016
    * too simple
    * too casual
    * too slow
    * graphics for little kids
    * nothing new or innovative in this game

Yes this game can be funny... for short time, there are better and cheaper games to spend time with your friends.
  60. Jan 7, 2018
    and there you can see what happend if a mmorpg studio produce fps a lot of ****
    you want good ranked fps team shooter play r6siege
    you want a bad one play overfail
    i think 1 year with the same **** year and that game die
    blizz ned help in ranked from lol r6siege and co
    but they are to stupid to know that
  61. Aug 6, 2016
    Stay away from this game. At first it may look like a really fun game but its all lies.
    Matchmaking system is absolutely worst I have ever seen in fps game EVER.
    Classes feel very unbalanced and certain heroes are nearly useless compared to other characters. What really makes this game even worse is the horrible playerbase. Most of the people that play this game have near 0 experience
    Matchmaking system is absolutely worst I have ever seen in fps game EVER.

What really makes this game even worse is the horrible playerbase. Most of the people that play this game have near 0 experience in competitive multiplayer games and they can just jump right in without any qualifying or test before them. This makes teams unbalanced, unskilled and outright annoying.

Maps are too small and offer almost nothing but straight attack in one straight line or one or two entry points to defend for the other team. This game ain't worth 40$ because it offers nothing but suffering all the time.
  62. Jun 2, 2016
    Lets point the important here without talking... thrash
    The game is awesome, in what gameplay means of course BUT...
    The content, everybody knows, just, the content its not even worth 20$ The unbalance, its like a rock paper scissor game, but changing beetween the same 3 characters depending on map The "Reward" level up system which gives u craters that drop cosmetic items, yeah its
    Lets point the important here without talking... thrash
    The game is awesome, in what gameplay means of course BUT...
    The content, everybody knows, just, the content its not even worth 20$
    The "Reward" level up system which gives u craters that drop cosmetic items, yeah its cute but it just dont has any point on getting by luck the best things for a character that you may love or hate, without taking on point what matters in this kind of games with unique characters, THE PLAYER SKILL WITH IT.

Thats what gets me really mad, and now for real, the developers just started thingking on extra content in the next months or whatever, because players were attacking them with request for new things and questions, before that they basically said that "The game is complete from launch"

Its fun yeah, the first 10 hours.
  63. Jun 4, 2016
    First of all, the game is overpriced. There is nothing to justify the 40$ price for a game with such low content when other very similar games are f2p and they also have more content than Overwatch.

There is a 20 tick rate, that means the servers are crap and you're going to be shot behind a wall because the server is too slow to register that you moved. There is no solo queue. You

There is no solo queue. You will be put up against premades plenty of times, and you will get rekt over and over.

There is no match making. Your mixed team may be put against other teams with more pros in them, meaning you will get rekt. And if you're a pro, you may be put in noob groups and you will lose because your team members suck.

Some heroes are extremely annoying to play against. Especially when the more mobile heroes also make plenty use of "bunny hopping" making it impossible for you to hit them.

There is no single player experience, nor group PVE such as in Battleborn.

The game is not for casuals. This game is only fun when you play it with friends or in a premade. If you're mainly a solo player, stay away from it, you won't have fun unless you really don't mind dying a lot and often without even knowing what happened.
  64. May 24, 2016
    Easily one of the best multiplayer first person shooters. Vastly better than Team Fortress 2, which i used to play in the past.

The graphics , sounds, and general production values are incredible. The game is very polished, and runs incredibly well even on very low powered hardware. Movement is fluid and fast, and the shooting is satsfying. Heroes are really distinct and have

Movement is fluid and fast, and the shooting is satsfying.

Heroes are really distinct and have their own personality and gameplay. No hero plays the same like another. Also, since i have seen this online lately, disregard anyone who complains about hero balance and about cheesy tactics that are somehow "unbeatable". This is clearly a "learn to play" issue. I played the Beta a lot, and let me tell you, that balance is in a very good place, though could be improved even more. Everything has its counters.

While this game has only 12 maps right now, and it is repetitive, it manages to stay fun and interesting for a surprisingly long time. The main reason for this is that the game has immense depth under the casual-friendly appearence, it is one of those easy to learn but very hard to master games. There is always something new to try and learn. And the competitive aspect of the game will keep you coming for more.

The main downside of this game, is that if you have no friends to play with, you won't get nearly the same satisfaction with those who do have their own party. This game is heavily based around teamwork and tactics. You can still find success solo, of course, but will be more difficult.

Other than that, the game deserves its price. Totally recommended.
  65. May 24, 2016
    This team shooter is very stylized and will have a familiar to anyone who has played Team Fortress 2. Blizzard has taken the groundwork from Team Fortress and created a unique game that has something for everyone. The game is very well optimized and runs surprisingly well on most older or weak computers. If you are considering buying this game, I highly recommend it. You will certainly notThis team shooter is very stylized and will have a familiar to anyone who has played Team Fortress 2. Blizzard has taken the groundwork from Team Fortress and created a unique game that has something for everyone. The game is very well optimized and runs surprisingly well on most older or weak computers. If you are considering buying this game, I highly recommend it. You will certainly not regret your purchase. The $39.99 price tag makes it even easier to jump into. One thing that you might want to consider is that this game is a team based shooter. As a result, will be considerably more fun when played with friends. Expand
  66. May 24, 2016
    This game is beautiful, the characters interesting to play, and on PC the gameplay feels solid (on my Xbox One I could never get the control sensitivity set to my liking). Overwatch draws heavily from Team Fortress 2, which isn't a bad thing because TF2 is an amazing game. Unfortunately there simply isn't as much depth to this game as there is in TF2 with only 12 maps and 2 game modesThis game is beautiful, the characters interesting to play, and on PC the gameplay feels solid (on my Xbox One I could never get the control sensitivity set to my liking). Overwatch draws heavily from Team Fortress 2, which isn't a bad thing because TF2 is an amazing game. Unfortunately there simply isn't as much depth to this game as there is in TF2 with only 12 maps and 2 game modes (yes, I know there is technically a 3rd mode, but it is just a mashup of the 2 game modes).

Despite the varied cast of playable characters, the game gets repetitive quickly. Especially since a lack of balance means you'll be seeing the same heroes over and over, sometimes 2-3 at once, each and every game. Yes, hero stacking is a thing. Additionally, there isn't enough of a payoff for mastering higher skillcap heroes when playing a lower skillcap hero can be more effective (looking at you Bastion).

Another issue I had is the lack of a story. Blizzard put a lot of time and effort into the animated shorts it released in order to set up the story for Overwatch. Yet, in the game there is not hint at any story, largely because there is no single player campaign, which this game is just begging for. It's a puzzling decision, and makes it all the more awkward when your team consists of characters heroes and characters that are villains. Why are they fighting together? No idea. To me, this represents a lost opportunity for a game that truly could have been special.

Then there is the elephant in the room, the price. At $60, the content provided feels more like a free to play game than full on AAA release like Call of Duty, where at $60 you get a single player campaign, a lot more multiplayer modes, and a compelling unlock/leveling system. Oh, and did I mention Overwatch even has microtransactions? The content and value simply isn't there to justify the price of Overwatch. I have no doubt the game will sell millions by virtue of the fact it is a Blizzard product, but it's sad that the company that gave us the Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo franchises isn't even giving players a fraction of the content that a $60 price tag should include.

Disclaimer: Blizzard does offer a $40 version of the game for PC, but they don't widely advertise that fact and actively try to upsell you on the $60 version in a rather misleading fashion.
  67. May 24, 2016

One of the issues I have with the game is that shift is an ability and not

One of the issues I have with the game is that shift is an ability and not sprint (unless your Solider 76). I am getting use to it but I've been programmed to hit shift for running.

The other issue I have is also small but it's the microtransaction with the loot boxes. I'm never a big fan to see microtransaction in a paid game, I kind of wish that they did their loot boxes similar to Battleborn's loot packs. You get coins at the end of a match and you can use those coins to purchase a loot box. Would of been better in my opinion.

Overall Overwatch is a great game, it might as well be known as Team Fortress 3. It's fun and easy to get into.
  68. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch is a very addictive, fast gameplay FPS. They could have gone the F2P and micro-transaction approach and likely made more money with hero and skin unlocks for a monetary value or earned in game currency. I really commend Blizzard from staying away from this model for a number or reasons. Primarily, this filters out many trolls instantly.

The level of detail on mechanics of the

The level of detail on mechanics of the game by Blizzard is hard to match by any other company. Each individual character feels absolutely polished and unique in their skillset. Movement and shooting are extremely smooth, which is paramount in a game such as this one.

Balance is fairly spot on. You will get many in game saying that Reinhardt is OP, but there's easy counters to him that will subsequently shut him down easily. Each character can be very strong in different scenarios, but there are definite counters to each. Torbjörn also comes to mind on defense. He is very strong if you continue to select characters and run into turret fire.

I think this game will start to really shine as people hit the level to go into competitive ranked play and will make for a very entertaining E-Sport.

Quick Positives:
    + Polished Gameplay
    + Hard to master
    + Promotes teaming

Quick Negatives:
    - Repetitive Maps
    - Lack of reward/progression
  69. May 24, 2016
    For a handful of us, Blizzard is a company that knows their stuff. For others, Blizzard puts out games like Diablo III, and on launch day you get very very upset because servers aren't running properly and you **** about Blizzard but you keep buying and spending hundreds of hours in their games. Look, I'm getting some coffee. I wasn't mentally prepared for this review...just know thatFor a handful of us, Blizzard is a company that knows their stuff. For others, Blizzard puts out games like Diablo III, and on launch day you get very very upset because servers aren't running properly and you **** about Blizzard but you keep buying and spending hundreds of hours in their games. Look, I'm getting some coffee. I wasn't mentally prepared for this review...just know that Overwatch is a solid, silky-smooth FPS experience that rivals TF2 and other team-based shooters. The art style is charming, the simplicity yet complexity of classes and characters are fun and for the most part balanced (*cough*) Bast...umm...nevermind. I only wish they had more content in terms of maps and modes (TDM anyone?)...

I like the game. I honestly do.
  70. May 24, 2016
    The hype was real, Blizzard delivered.

Fantastically fun game, and i must say, Blizzard handled launch day spectacularly. Me and my friends only got disconnected once or twice each in the first 6 hours. And about a dollar each is a fair price for the loot crates in my opinion and remember. There's a $40 version of the game you can download if u don't want the origins skins. So
    The hype was real, Blizzard delivered.

And about a dollar each is a fair price for the loot crates in my opinion

and remember. There's a $40 version of the game you can download if u don't want the origins skins. So don't complain about the $60 pricetag
  71. May 24, 2016
    Game is really close, enemy team is about five seconds away from delivering the payload. Got a sick triple kill on Widowmaker. Play of the game went to Torbjorn hammering his turret.

10/10 would smash keyboard again.
  72. May 24, 2016
    I've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game thatI've put over 50 hours into this game. Many people have put in more - because they've had fun playing it. Got hooked on the beta. If you haven't played the beta, that's probably the only reason you don't already have the full game. In all seriousness, it does something that no other shooter on console has done successfully - created a fun, truly team based, engaging, competitive game that has a high skill ceiling with a low barrier to entry and lovable characters. On the surface it is simple, but play it for a while and you'll understand why Overwatch exceeds the hype. Expand
  73. May 26, 2016

Overhyped
    Overpriced
    Overrated
    Overwatch by $Blizzard$
    Hurry up and buy it before the next hype train arrives at the station.
  74. May 26, 2016
    What pretty much everyone else said. Could be ok for a few hours if it was free to play, but this crap really doesn't cost 40 bucks. Its also such a blatant ripoff of tf2...
  75. May 28, 2016
    A short review: It's a monotonous shooter with shooting accuracy having barely any effect on the game. A 100+ hours player and a 10+ hours player are unlikely to play any differently, besides maybe map knowledge.
  76. May 24, 2016
    A fantastic modern multiplayer shooter, with unique and interesting characters. The gameplay doesn't have a lot of modes or anything yet, however given all future heroes/modes/maps are all free, and the base game is only $40, it's not a bad deal at all.
    The combat is fast and fluid, the game runs at a smooth 60FPS on almost any reasonable machine (while still looking great), and the game has a lot of polish.
    There are tons of little things, that really help this game feel alive. For example, characters standing near debris, slanted walls, etc will adjust their feet's physical location so that it makes sense, as in no one appears to just be floating. Equipment, hair, earrings, pretty much anything that would have physics when people move does. The sounds and animations are incredibly varied and smooth on every character, and mechanical parts move in an incredibly realistic way.

That being said the game is still in it's infancy stage of release. So the content, while they claim to be expanding soon, is pretty bare right now- even if all of the characters are varied and super fun to play.
    There are some minor balance issues and matchmaker will probably see some improvements over time.

All in all, while resembling TF2 in a few ways (Route 66 map, the game mode types...) it's variety of enjoyable heroes, level of polish, price point with loads of free content promised over this summer, and the Blizzard IP behind it- Overwatch will only gain traction from here on out.
  77. May 24, 2016
    The game is amazing. It's paid, yes, but blizzard said all future content would be for free, so not a big deal, plus, you get hours of amazing gameplay with friends, it's Worth the price.
    I would implement some more game modes, but nonetheless it's a brand new game, full of fun.

Good job Blizzard
  78. Apr 29, 2017
    Nothing new. No game play innovations in this over played genre. No campaign so no interesting story or lore. No real motivation to play. Graphics are below what is possible today. Clearly dumbed down to support consoles. Gave up on it after 1 hour. Couldn't get myself to continue this boring game. Not even worth $10.
  79. May 27, 2016
    In all honesty overwatch is a very good 20$ game or a phenomenal f2p game. But for a whole 60$ it's just plain ridiculous giving it 9s or 10s. Having an average of 92 on metacritic makes no sense at all and one can not help but suspect that blizzard is bribing these ''professional critics'', even destructoid one of my most respected gaming sites gave it a perfect 100%...they can't beIn all honesty overwatch is a very good 20$ game or a phenomenal f2p game. But for a whole 60$ it's just plain ridiculous giving it 9s or 10s. Having an average of 92 on metacritic makes no sense at all and one can not help but suspect that blizzard is bribing these ''professional critics'', even destructoid one of my most respected gaming sites gave it a perfect 100%...they can't be serious. I mean even for the casual gamer who only plays mobas, counter strike, or some free p2w mmo giving it a 10 is just too much.

Don't get me wrong. Overwatch is not a bad game. On the contrary, it can be quite enjoyable at first with its colorful graphics, tight gameplay and limited but quite balanced character rooster. Even more so if you play it with a couple of friends. But there are only so many things one can do in an online only (60$ no singleplayer...wtf?) game with very few stages and extremely limited game modes. I do believe that eventually you will get tired of the game's repetition but then again I might be underestimating the casual gamer. And what's up with those disgusting rng boxes? Ok so they might not be mandatory because they will only give you cosmetic upgrades but it's still like blizzard is begging for more of your money. First it was day one dlcs and microtransactions then season passes and now we get multiplayer only games like Battlefront, The Division (don't tell me about its singleplayer missions) and now Overwatch. I wouldn't even mind about all that but see, people are buying these games giving the greedy developers motivation to make more of the same since these are the games that sell the most.

It's all very sad. Not because these repetitive multiplayer games are overshadowing other worthwhile or even great singleplayer games that have been crafted with much care and love by their developers. Not even because these despicable exercises of greed are becoming a trend in α declining gaming industry. What saddens me the most is that most of these casual gamers will probably never bother giving a chance to all those wonderful games that already exist and will instead keep on with their lives as they have. But then again it might just be me that doesn't get the point of multiplayer games like overwatch. There is one thing however that I think we call all agree upon. In a full priced game wouldn't it be nice to have the best of both worlds, both multiplayer and singleplayer, so that everyone can be happy? I say yes.
  80. May 26, 2016
    It does have fun characters to play, but the game itself has absolutely no replay ability. There is no balance on maps and some characters are too powerful in the game that needs nerfs. All the game modes are stolen from TF2, no clue why people are calling it a "fresh" FPS game. Pure waifu bait and amazing marketing strategy by masterminds at Blizzard.
  81. May 26, 2016
    Will get boring in the first week. Almost no content. You are paying 40$ for a F2P game. Seem to like overwatch? go play tf2 instead. It has much more content and it's free.
  82. May 24, 2016
    I used to play CS a lot until everyone became an AK god. I am not that dexterous so it was pretty hard to get into any pvp fps the last few years as everyone and their mom seemed to be headshotting me before i even see them.

overwatch is very friendly in that regard. a lot of the weapons don't even need aiming or very little of it. some people will probably hate that but for the rest of us it is great as i can finally play a pvp fps and not feel like a headshot farm :)

but other things are important such as counters, teamwork and wise use of abilities. teamwork is kind a hard, maybe because it is a newer game, but hopefully better matchmaking and more community tools outside of the match can fix this.

all in all it is worth it, especially if you've felt left out the last few years and you just want to pew pew pew some **** without constantly getting headshoted out of nowhere :)
  83. May 26, 2016
    Too many imbalances. I cant see how people can score this a 8+. Two of the tanks can 1 shot... while having 3 times as much health as everybody else. Most of the heroes have an ult which is basically a cheap kill button...

Two have auto aim ults, really Blizzard? and most have an ult that will guarantee 3 kills at least.. Then we have a healer than can resurrect all nearby downed heroes instantly undoing a lot of work with 1 button... Tbh I feel the ultimate abilities ruin what could be a great game.

This game does not stand a chance of surpassing games like TF2, while it contains an I WIN button for every hero.
  84. May 24, 2016
    If Team Fortress 2 and League of Losers had a bastard autistic illegitimate child you would have Overwatch. I had high hopes and high expectations but there was nothing new from beta to keep my attention.
  85. May 24, 2016
    EPIC. FUN!

Overwatch is an incredible game. Period. It has the usual "easy to play, hard to master formula" in it, and it's a blast. Balance is solid, and the more the play, the more you figure out how it should be played, with hero synergy and map knowledge.

That's a true AAA experience
  86. May 27, 2016
    its fun to play but too expensive for this amount of content 40 dollar for this is not acceptable for me.
    multiplayer with 21 hero and a normal game mode that you find it many other game but many other game i told you they have story mode,co-op and multiplayer.
  87. May 24, 2016
    Very repetitive with ugly graphics from the gameplay perspective it's not that bad but the content is small and also Solo sucks. At the end it's a stupid gimmick fps with poor graphics and mostly made for multiplayer. The game does not deserve it's big price tag
  88. Jun 3, 2016
    I'm very conflicted about Overwatch. On the one hand, the goofy characters and frenetic gameplay lead to some good experiences where you have fun. On the other hand, the game lacks any sort of serious depth and I struggle to play it for hours at a time like I did with Team Fortress 2.

Instead of having different loadouts like Team Fortress 2, Overwatch deigns to have many more characters with different abilities which more or less takes the place of the different weapons from TF2. This is fine and it does a great job of making each character unique, but many of the abilities have some serious flaws. Many ultimate abilities for example, can and will essentially destroy an entire enemy team with little counterplay. For example, one hero has an ultimate ability that will aim for you automatically as long as the opposing champions are on your screen. Another hero's ultimate ability automatically fires unavoidable damaging blasts at all hero's in a radius around him. These overpowering abilities detract from an otherwise enjoyable experience.

The lack of game modes and maps is also a concern. With only two game modes (Domination with a single point and a Payload-style mode), the game quickly becomes repetitive, exacerbated by the comically small amount of maps for a FPS (12 maps). The game is desperately in need of more content to justify the price tag.

By far the largest complaint I have, however, is how short matches are versus the time required to get back into a game. It is common to wait around 30 seconds to get into a match, then you spend another 60 seconds while everyone chooses their character, then you spend another 60 seconds while the defenders set up. At the end of the game, you spend around 30 seconds voting for the best team contributor, and another 30 seconds watching the "play of the game." This is in addition to any loading times while the game chooses the map or finds new players to fill a game after others have left. After all of this has occurred - the game has the potential to last just 5 minutes if a team struggles. At it's maximum, most games of Overwatch rarely last longer then 10 minutes. In my humble opinion, the best way to counter this is to introduce longer game-modes such as the popular "tug of war" style maps from Team Fortress 2.

Despite these flaws, Overwatch definitely has some charm, and it's easy to see the love put into the game - Blizzard are definitely masters at creating appealing games. The characters are likable enough and the maps are mostly satisfactory. It's a game that I tried very hard to love and in the end I found the experience simply "OK".

If you are looking for a successor to Team Fortress 2, the game fails to deliver a satisfying experience. I would recommend waiting for a sale before investing in this game, and I definitely would not recommend this game for folks who are easily frustrated.
  89. May 24, 2016
    Outstanding game, it's going to be a huge success for Blizzard and push eSports even further. The maps are well made along with an excellent cast of characters. Each of which feels unique yet effective in different ways, and none feel overpowered as each has their weaknesses or weakness against characters.

Really fun game, you'll sink countless hours into it!
  90. May 26, 2016
    The game is polished, I will give it that much. Unfortunately, that is about the extent of the appeal here. It is pretty much an exact copy of TF2 mixed with MOBA. I enjoy derivative games for the most part, we have to be real here, nothing is original, and good twists on old genres can be awesome. The real problem is that the game is just so boring! I played for a few hours, and at first,The game is polished, I will give it that much. Unfortunately, that is about the extent of the appeal here. It is pretty much an exact copy of TF2 mixed with MOBA. I enjoy derivative games for the most part, we have to be real here, nothing is original, and good twists on old genres can be awesome. The real problem is that the game is just so boring! I played for a few hours, and at first, was fairly impressed. I enjoyed how smooth everything was, the shooting was fantastic, the motion was fast and fluid. I played about 20 games or so, and then I just realized, I had no interest to play another. The game felt ludicrously shallow, strategies were the same from match to match, and each match pretty much unrolled exactly the same way. Evolve, as much of a flop as it was was infinitely more replayable and entertaining than this game. I don't understand the amount of love this game is getting, but if you enjoy it, more power to you! That is what opinions are for, just sadly not the game for me. Expand
  91. May 24, 2016
    Short: Play TF2 instead, not worth a full $60 yet. You WILL be disappointed.

Short: Play TF2 instead, not worth a full $60 yet. You WILL be disappointed.

Overwatch is a good game. However, it suffers from the myriad of issues that plagued its readily comparable predecessor, Team Fortress 2. The balancing tactic relies on "making everybody strong", and making everybody "OP" instead of attempting some skill-based balance. Where that design philosophy can work in MOBA's like Dota 2 and to an extent League of Legends, Blizzard drops the ball here.

Simply being on the attacking team puts you at an astounding disadvantage. There are no counters for abilities that make players invincible, nor a defending team composed for tanks. The first two minutes of the game revolve around getting the payload to the final point, and the rest is devoted to trying in vain to end the game.

Problems that existed in the beta have not been solved. What was brushed off as "Oh it's just a beta release" has become "They've voluntarily and knowingly released this product for full price."

If EA and Ubisoft damn themselves into early graves through poor practices, Blizzard has no excuse.

Wait for a sale, if anything at all.
  92. May 24, 2016
    It is a good game but significant character-balance issues remain and were abundantly clear in the final beta when some characters were just nowhere to be seen.
  93. May 26, 2016
    Just another generic team FPS that really brings nothing new to the genre. Add microtransactions over an already full priced game and you have a powerful cash machine. Since Blizzard fans are already in "farm status" for the company, they can keep releasing low effort software like card boards, MOBAs and team FPS and making a lot of money. Good for them, bad for the videogame market'sJust another generic team FPS that really brings nothing new to the genre. Add microtransactions over an already full priced game and you have a powerful cash machine. Since Blizzard fans are already in "farm status" for the company, they can keep releasing low effort software like card boards, MOBAs and team FPS and making a lot of money. Good for them, bad for the videogame market's overall creativity. Expand
  94. May 24, 2016
    Great and fun game. Recommended for everyone. It takes a few games to start learning the maps and the heroes which in itself is a fun experience.

There is a great in game voice chat which ensures that your team do no longer connect on skype, team speak or mumble.

Find a few friends and get started!
  95. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch is a fun game, perfect characters and perfect maps.

The new Blizzard IP was really enjoyable.

Pros: Nice Maps
    Characters
    Short matches

Cons:
    Microtransactions
  96. May 24, 2016
    (PC) Overwatch is superb with friends, and still very enjoyable when playing solo. It's great they give so many ways to recognize player-skill - you will never feel like your actions go un-noticed. The endless possibilities of hero-on-hero combat is addictive and ever-evolving. The Hero's feel balanced - though It's been a long process of tweaking stats, and the game will continue to be(PC) Overwatch is superb with friends, and still very enjoyable when playing solo. It's great they give so many ways to recognize player-skill - you will never feel like your actions go un-noticed. The endless possibilities of hero-on-hero combat is addictive and ever-evolving. The Hero's feel balanced - though It's been a long process of tweaking stats, and the game will continue to be closely monitored in this regard. I can't wait to see what new hero's and maps are introduced in the future (I literally can't wait, I've been spoiled by beta's and I'm ready for more). The game is polished to a squeaky-clean shine and very immersive. It's just a fantastic game that will suck hours of your life away. Overwatch is definitely here to stay - yet another success for Blizzard. Keep it up, and thanks for giving our beloved industry some standards! Expand
  97. May 24, 2016
    Its a great multiplayer game. People are gonna **** about the lack of single player but csgo, League and Dota don't have single player so I don't see the problem. The best part of this game is that no game is ever over because of big ultimates. This is the first Blizzard game that I've played and it really lives up the name that Blizzard have made for themselves.
  98. May 24, 2016
    I can tell you right now with no doubt in my mind, All of those critic review scores were people who were handed free copies of the game with a few hundred bucks for a good review. You think Activision/Blizzard wouldn't want to boast these scores in marketing?

Now about the actual game, we all criticized Titanfall, Evolve, Battlefront for all being mutilplayer only but Overwatch gets a free pass? Battlefront actually had more content at launch 14 maps to overwatchs 12(they are also much smaller). It's simple, it's Blizzard, and they'll get away with it.

Yes! The game is fun but it's not 10/10 fun, it is going to get stale after several long hour playthroughs you are going to see the same things over and over again. This isn't a moba, nor does this game have custom maps or modes better yet pc won't get mods so that the Lootboxes are pay2play contents.
  99. May 24, 2016
    Overwatch is a very addictive, fast game-play FPS. I played 100 hours in the beta alone and already have 10 after release. I have not had this much fun since the early days of TF2. The 40$ price tag is very cheap for how much content you get and their in game purchases are not in any way pay to win.
  100. May 24, 2016
    From the locations & character design, voiceovers to creative and unpredictable gameplay this has to be the best FPS released in recent years. It brings a fresh breeze to the genre that grew a little stale over time. All with the high polish that is Blizzard's quality trademark.

1. Apr 20, 2018
    Overwatch remains one of the most compelling and experimental shooters in the world right now. Blizzard Entertainment’s commitment to innovative new heroes, modes and responding to community feedback is unparalleled – and a treat to watch. Like World of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo before it, Blizzard has crafted something that will undoubtedly be around for years to come.
  2. May 5, 2017
    I'm certain that Overwatch will bring dozens of hours of fun to all lovers of dynamic online shooters. Focusing on one type of gameplay and an enormous attention to detail generated an excellent game. You have to appreciate the developers' sincerity when discussing doubts and problems with the community. Blizzard has done it again. You should see for yourself why so many players have fallen under Overwatch's spell.
  3. Dec 8, 2016
    Overwatch is a punch to the face for multiplayer shooters. It mingles quick-fix, objective-based gameplay with a deep tactical core and intelligent meta, forming a game that is simply perfect in short bites and thoroughly satisfying to play for hours on end.