4.3

1. Apr 26, 2016
    This game had such potential, and it would have been great if the developer had just done a few things quite differently. The graphics and audio and cool rarely visited setting are awesome and that was what got me excited about the game in the first place. But the game is way too short for the price they're charging - something like 3 or so hours in total, with no real replayability. TheThis game had such potential, and it would have been great if the developer had just done a few things quite differently. The graphics and audio and cool rarely visited setting are awesome and that was what got me excited about the game in the first place. But the game is way too short for the price they're charging - something like 3 or so hours in total, with no real replayability. The story is pretty weird and confused and the ending is rushed and really left me dissatisfied, one of the voice actors got badly on my nerves doing some European accented Dana Scully impersonation or something, and other than some really basic puzzles and walking around there isn't much to the actual gameplay... I threw a space basket ball at a space hoop for a while. Then there are the technical problems... playing with rift was sort of immersive and there are features to help the player be less sick (so I might not be the only one who couldn't really enjoy that experience too much) but still it left me feeling really dizzy in a way VR hasn't made me feel before and even on a normal monitor it doesn't run all that well with some framerate issues and weird texture problems at times.

If the game had have been an hour longer, or 10 dollars cheaper, or had a satisfying conclusion instead of the "ohno! we need to release this game but don't know how to end it, so let's make some fractal demo thingy!" ending, I'd have rated this a 6 instead of a 4.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 14, 2016
    Excellently crafted game, that is, unfortunately, far from its potential. Flat gameplay and short playing time donĀ“t outweigh otherwise above average game environment with a great eye for detail. [Issue#266]
  2. Jun 13, 2016
    P.O.L.L.E.N is a slick, atmospheric and unnerving experience that is let down by its short length, confused plot and tired storytelling devices.
  3. Jun 5, 2016
    P.O.L.L.E.N. fails to live up to its lofty narrative aspirations, but deserves credit for its considered, lovingly-crafted aesthetic and intriguing premise.