- Summary: Paladins is a free-to-play game that combines a rich fantasy setting with the fast action of a team-based first-person shooter.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Paladins - Open Beta Trailer
Positive: 6 out of 6
Mixed: 0 out of 6
Negative: 0 out of 6
May 31, 2018Paladins shouldn’t be seen just as the free alternative to Overwatch but, instead, should be praised as one of the best multiplayers nowadays. A great and addictive game that will surely entertain every kind of player thanks to its accessibility and well-developed mechanics.
May 15, 2018Working on top of the strong and fairly balanced foundation of a free-to-play hero shooter, Paladins’ capacity for experimentation is its greatest strength. Even after over 300 hours of exhilarating battles and strategic planning, champions continue to find a way to offer new gameplay experiences.
CD-ActionSep 27, 2018A solid, enjoyable hero shooter, varied and polished. Yes, it does have a lot of Overwatch DNA, but in some areas it’s more advanced than Blizzard’s game (e.g. wide range of adjustments you can make to adapt your character to your playing style) and it’s free. [08/2018, p.62]
Jan 5, 2021This game helped me a lot with my sorrow due to death of my grandmother because of covid-19 disease...I lived with her all my childhood. AndThis game helped me a lot with my sorrow due to death of my grandmother because of covid-19 disease...I lived with her all my childhood. And now I'm 27, and I can't forget that memories. I'm really grateful that I can distract a little.… Expand
May 16, 2018Paladins is a free to play hero shooter that isn't pay to win in anyway, the only things you can buy with real money are crystals and thePaladins is a free to play hero shooter that isn't pay to win in anyway, the only things you can buy with real money are crystals and the battle pass, you can get awesome looking skins with them. The battle pass system works like Fortnites battle pass and has plenty of skins. With crystals you can buy chests which include different skins or you can potentially buy the skins for some crystals. You earn plenty of crystals in daily logins.
Now for the game-play, i have been playing Paladins for over a year and a half and I still am not bored with it. You can change your whole champion with the Cards and Legendary system. You create loadouts for your champions and you have 20 cards which you can choose from which you can change however you like,the loadouts contain 5 cards of your liking, they can be leveled up to the max level which is level 5 or you can have them at level 1 but with all your 5 cards combined they have to have 15 levels. The cards are completely free once you unlock the champion.In every match you have an item shop which you can buy 4 Items from the selection of 16. The categories are as follow:Defensive,Healing,Utility and Offensive Items, the credits needed to purchase these cards are earned in the match you currently are playing and depends on how well you are doing you get more credits and can buy more items and upgrade your already purchased items to make them even stronger.
To unlock a champion it only takes some gold which you earn while playing the game and completing daily quests, don't worry it isn't grindy at all i have stacks on stacks of gold like literally i have 2 Million gold in the game and the most expensive champion costs 60K gold. All of Paladins champions deal tons of damage and do their role fantastically, the supports aren't just some heal bots they actually help the team with their healing, crowd control and their lethal damage. Everything feels viable and its true that almost all of the champions are viable but balancing a game can never be accomplished but Paladins is so close to perfecting it for both casual players and the pro players.
I haven't spent a single penny in the game and I have the same advantages as the people that spent a 100 dollars on it. I have plenty of skins because of the generous crystals earned daily logins that they offer.
Every game has its downs and Paladins doesn't have many but still has some, which are various bugs and glitches but they can be fixed in future patches and they are trying their best with fixing as many as they can every patch, in the newest patch they fixed around 20 bugs which are many because they tend to update every 2 weeks to fix balancing and bugs and every 6 weeks they have an update which adds new champions, new events, heavy bug fixes and many gorgeous skins.
Paladins can be run on potato computers and still get good fps. The graphics are very fantasy like and immerse you into its world. Even if you have a very high end computer Paladins still looks very beautiful on maximum graphics and the FPS is at the maximum limit on my medium computer.
If the Paladins team keeps going at this pace and maintain their aggressive updating their game would become one of the best hero shooter if not the best, obviously they have Overwatch to compete against but both of them are very different and people might like Paladins more than Overwatch and vice versa.
I prefer Paladins over Overwatch because in Paladins you can completely change your whole champion the way you want to play it and you can counter play everything from crowd control, healing, damage taken and more and more with the help of the item shop and with the help of the Cards and Legendary system you can customise your whole deck to counter a specific set of enemies. You can store up 5 loadouts per champion which is plenty.… Expand
Sep 21, 2018Paladins is a marvelous free-to-play hero shooter packed with fun mechanics and reasonable micro-transactions. Being developed and publishedPaladins is a marvelous free-to-play hero shooter packed with fun mechanics and reasonable micro-transactions. Being developed and published by a not-so-big studio, it has its own ups and downs in the art, technical and business department. But hey, it's free-to-play, low spec, beginner friendly and not pay-to-win at all, what else are you asking for.… Expand
May 26, 2021While I have greatly enjoyed this game there is one tiny bug that needs to be fixed. The fact that if the software glitches, and kicks youWhile I have greatly enjoyed this game there is one tiny bug that needs to be fixed. The fact that if the software glitches, and kicks you from a loading game where you then have to wait for eight, **** minutes. This is the absolute worst and needs to be patched before people’s cool downs begin to get insane. (It doubles every time.) this same glitch has also happened mid game. While this isn’t quite as bad as you eventually load back in, It’s still pretty infuriating as your team will often lose the game if you were playing a vital role in that game. Hopefully this get fixed soon and I can give this game the rating it truly deserves.… Expand
Mar 7, 2019+0- A F2P hero shooter in dev since ~2013 and went into openBeta ~2016. It was inspired by Valve's TeamFortress and in turn inspired+0- A F2P hero shooter in dev since ~2013 and went into openBeta ~2016. It was inspired by Valve's TeamFortress and in turn inspired Blizzard's Overwatch. -0+
Important to note that for the last 2 years the quality of content, community management and service over all have been steadily getting worse. The devs keep changing their mind and seem to have no long term plan.
What was until recently a promising product is now little more than a sinking ship. My personal hypothesis is that the game is now a side project only kept alive to finance another yet unannounced project. No surprise the number of active players, which never was really large, keeps getting lower.
++ Good ++
+ You start a game by selecting a legendary card (out of 3 for each hero) and a hand of cards (out of 20 cards for each champ). They change stats, behavior of your weapon or the functionality of some moves. They allow for varied playstyles and flexibility.
+ Good hero roster with many original concepts (and a few less original...) for a total of 40 heroes, most of which having 2 to 4 alts
+ Alts have all of their voice lines rewritten and voiced by a new voice actor!
00 Meh... 00
0 ok BGM, nothing too fancy and the handful of tracks running in repeat will get old quickly
0 Too few game modes. One payload mode and two variations of death match.
0 Seems they have run out of ideas for heroes, sadly. The last 3 released have been:
1/ an angel with a gunsword (she cannot fly and the gunsword can't be used as a sword, go figure)
2/ a Kakashi Hatake clone with an attitude, unbalanced
3/ a pirate with a grenade launcher, braindead gameplay
-- Bad --
- Broken to the point of making the likes of FallOut 76 look like marvels of engineering. The reason why so few people make fun of Paladins compared to FO76 is probably its low visibility.
- Every single sub-system of this game has MANY BUGS, many of which are game breaking and a lot of them having been present for several months
- Too little content after so many years. Worse, they took the decision to remove one of the modes last year (payload) for no reason, reducing the amount of content even further.
- Catastrophic hit detection. Absolutely unacceptable for a shooter.
- The last map, added several weeks ago, still has multiple collision issues, broken textures, poor lighting in places...
- Relatively frequent crashes on all platforms, they also reset your keybindings every time if you manage to restart in time to join your game
- After so many years, you would expect the bots (which replace players AFK or dropped) to at least be able to leave spawn and shoot in the direction of the enemy. Sadly it is not the case, 90% of the time, bots will just get stuck in door frames or run in circle... Wish this was a joke...
- The economics of the game have changed at least 3 times over the last few years and are still broken. All players have ridiculous amounts of gold and there are no gold sinks. To "fix" this, devs have added the possibility to PURCHASE LEVELS with gold. Now levels mean nothing, great idea, guys!
- Matchmaking has been catastrophic for most of the game's existence and players have been complaining about it. What did the devs do? They removed the colored frame that indicates your team mates rank, so you can't tell any more if the MM is bad or not. Classy.
- No more bans for bad behavior? If a user is punished after you reported him, you get a notification. But for the last few months, it seems not even death threats can get you ban...
A quick selection of bugs, just to give you an idea how broken this game is. At this point, this is shameful. Evil Mojo do NOT give a duck about their game and this needs to be remember. To be fair, I'm only listing bugs that happen frequently and have been present for SEVERAL MONTHS at this point:
- broken BGM, SFX (including footsteps and some attacks), voiceFX (triggering for no reason, randomly quieter or louder, etc...)
- broken "grab" moves either don't grab the opponent or on rare occasions send them flying indefinitely
- broken GUI (score not updating...) and menus
- broken ragdoll and random flying corpses
- broken death cam, team cam, "play of the game" cam, snipers' scope cam
- random MM glitches, disconnects and crashes that will give you a 30 min ban
- IG lag indicator always gives a ping of 15, no matter what.
- keybindings reset after every crash
- some moves have out of sync SFX, VFX and actual effect. Making it unfairly hard to fight, as some moves lack any feedback audio or visual.
- 2 heroes keep shouting the same line for no reason
- a visual "link" appearing between two players of opposing team, making it possible to see where the other player is anywhere on the map
- 2 of the tanks currently plagued by multiple bugs making them basically unplayable (picking them is not far from losing on purpose). It was confirmed they will not be fixed in next update… Expand
Dec 14, 2019Worst matchmaking ever made. No bugfixes, only new skins. Population never growing this way. In one year the game dies. Hi-rez CEO shold sellWorst matchmaking ever made. No bugfixes, only new skins. Population never growing this way. In one year the game dies. Hi-rez CEO shold sell his company as soon as possible.… Expand
- (0 views)
- (0 views)