6.7

1. Jan 28, 2014
    Holeee cow. This game rocked my socks. I randomly stumbled upon it while searching for a good turned based rpg for PC. I was not disappointed. The art style is great. The story isn't over the top. It even appeals to those who don't like games like this because they're too slow or with too much grinding. This game doesn't allow you to grind even if you wanted to. Fully recommend.
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    Fantastic game. The art style is unique (I've only seen it in the mobile app "Sword and Glory", though it's executed better here), and the play is far more in-depth than what I would expect from a $5 game. The encounters are well thought out and balanced (definitely on the hard side if that's what you got yourself into), and the fights require a decent amount of strategy.

There are some

There are some bugs (the skill trainer does not seem to function properly), and not knowing or being able to effect your chance to hit/dodge abilities infuriates the min/maxer inside of me, but welcome to the 1980s, I guess. Worth twice the price.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    One of the best-written games I've ever played. Slightly reminiscent of Planescape: Torment and almost as compelling. A masterpiece of dark fantasy.

The gameplay is good, the interface is functional, and the visual design is striking (though eventually a bit boring), but the real star here is the script.
  4. Feb 7, 2014
    I must say that I was very skeptic about this game at first but Paper Sorcerer blew me away after the first 15 minutes. The game offers a wide variety of minions to choose from and the amount of combinations you can create is simply stunning. Want to have both a hulking Minotaur and a tiny Imp on your team? No problem. Only minus of the game are some minor bugs (after loading a save game,I must say that I was very skeptic about this game at first but Paper Sorcerer blew me away after the first 15 minutes. The game offers a wide variety of minions to choose from and the amount of combinations you can create is simply stunning. Want to have both a hulking Minotaur and a tiny Imp on your team? No problem. Only minus of the game are some minor bugs (after loading a save game, some doors that you have opened before appear closed again) but they are constantly being fixed by the developer. All in all I had grand time playing Paper Sorcerer and I recommend it to every RPG fan out there. Expand
  5. Sep 16, 2014
    With a 500 count game library, my attention span is usually too short to complete a game. This is a rare exception. I randomly looked it up to see what metacritic thought of it and decided to add my two cents. This game is incredibly enjoyable to play and make gets that 'one more turn' feeling going. Loved it. Loved the art, loved the music. It was just a super cool game.

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    If you enjoy tinkering with your equipment, skills and stats and you don’t mind some old school silliness, give Paper Sorcerer a chance. [05/2014, p.55]
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    An old school RPG that is simple in its mechanics, yet deep and elaborate. Eventually, the game becomes slightly repetitive, and some bits and pieces would deserve to be debugged. Nevertheless, the game handles everything well at least, and for a $5 price tag it delivers a great deal of fun.
  3. PC Gamer UK
    Mar 26, 2014
    Paper overcomes these minor quibbles because it's just good fun. [Apr 2014, p.83]