Payday 2 PC

3.5

1. Oct 24, 2015
    Very fun game with loads of contents, all though after playing a long time it can be repetitive. If that happens get yourself 3 nice friends and have loads of fun running the heists co-op.

There has been loads of controversy around this game after the 4th Crimefest (Overkill makes an event of every year Payday2 has it's birthday) With microtransactions being added to the game as locked safes for weapons skins. These safes needs a key (drill) to open. That wouldn't be a problem for most people, but there is also stats boosts to these skins. Now how ever you feel about that this is a PVE game the stats boosts does not in anyway destroy your game. The stats boosts does not make you a god in anyway.

Overkill has since also backed down a bit on the microtransaction skins, and you now can also get the drill as a reward after a heist the same way you get the safe.

Now then would i recommend this game, i have played 1000 hours hell yes i would. In a group of friends it is one really fun co-op game.
  2. Aug 13, 2013
    An awesome game that gives a great experience that i had never felt for ages. Game has lots of replay value and can't wait for the DLC to come out! Game is great if you got some friends to play with.
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Payday 2 is a massive improvement in every way over it's predecessor. This game is an absolute thrill when played cooperatively, with loads of content, especially when you consider it's reduced price tag. Make no mistake, this game is in NO WAY a single player game, and it doesn't even warrant to be reviewed as such. There is a single player aspect that was not originally intended to bePayday 2 is a massive improvement in every way over it's predecessor. This game is an absolute thrill when played cooperatively, with loads of content, especially when you consider it's reduced price tag. Make no mistake, this game is in NO WAY a single player game, and it doesn't even warrant to be reviewed as such. There is a single player aspect that was not originally intended to be added into the game, but was added due to fan feedback. Reviewers have bashed this optional component, which I feel is incredibly unwarranted. If this game were single player, it would receive a very low score, as the bot AI is mostly useless. Do NOT play this game for the Single Player. It's a fantastic game when played the way it was intended cooperatively. Expand
  4. Aug 13, 2013
    You are probably reading this to find out if you should buy this game or not. For the people who don't like to read, let me give you a quick answer: YES, you should buy it, unless you don't have internet acces.

Now let me explain you why I highly recommend this game: - Very well crafted, very ambitious, lots of content. - Cheap (30 euro), this game could easely go for the full

Now let me explain you why I highly recommend this game:

- Very well crafted, very ambitious, lots of content.
    - Cheap (30 euro), this game could easely go for the full price.
    - A studio who actually listens to the community, which noticeably improved the game compared to Payday: the heist.
    - Incredibly rewarding. It just feels really good getting rewarded for doing something bad (stealing). Lots to unlock and customize.
    - Highly replayable. Randomized levels and situations.
    - Great potential for DLC packs in the future. Which they already announced to release in the future.
    - EVERYTHING has improved compared the first Payday title.

Buy it, and support this title, I feel the studio deserved it.
  5. Aug 13, 2013
    Crazy cool game!! Game sounds crazy good and the rattle of a rifle when the robbery goes to hell makes me feel like I was in the final scene in the movie Heat. Buy it and discover just how fantastic a video game can be.
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    An awesome co-op game, was a really long time since I had this much fun co-op. It looks, feels and plays very well. Starbreeze has really stepped up their game with this game and brothers, who knows what the future holds.
  7. Aug 13, 2013
    So much fun coop. Huge improvement on the first one and the replay value is insane with the map changing geometry, I got 40 hours clocked up on just the 6 heists that are in the beta! For the price you pay you cant go wrong!
  8. Jan 10, 2016
    Good Co-op Game!
    Its extremly fun with friends!

Graphic:

Gameplay:

Sound:

Music:

Mapdesign:
    7.5/10

Awesome Game with a good Community!
  9. Oct 26, 2015
    Overkill's DLC's and Micro transactions simulator. Every 2 week they release **** character or weapon pack(5 $ per pack), PS Only Valve make in their games trans actoin system perfect, because Valve THE BEST IN DA WORLD
  10. Jun 19, 2016
    Update removed microtrans! Fun heist game that gets updated with new heists pretty often. With some more polish it could be a real gem but even as it is it's good fun in small dosages. Controls feel good and graphics are decent, soundtrack fits atmosphere well.
  11. Jan 10, 2016
    Graphics: 9/10
    Sound effects: 10/10
    Game modes: 10/10
    Game server: 8/10

Cons: - Too many DLCs
    - Space required to install is relatively high
    - Unnecessary microtransactions
  12. Oct 18, 2015
    This game was awesome for the past 2 or so years. I've played it since the beta and purchased every DLC without complaint, despite their growing ridiculousness and pay to win nature. However, the developers have just added micro transactions to the game, with content advertised as "free" instead being locked behind a paywall. While no one is being forced to buy the newly introducedThis game was awesome for the past 2 or so years. I've played it since the beta and purchased every DLC without complaint, despite their growing ridiculousness and pay to win nature. However, the developers have just added micro transactions to the game, with content advertised as "free" instead being locked behind a paywall. While no one is being forced to buy the newly introduced "Drills" to unlock "safes" for a randomly generated weapon skin with the potential to improve a weapons stats, it is the final straw for me. If I am going to buy a game, I want an upfront cost for quality content. The fact that the game developers think that they can rip me off by giving me tiny morsels of content that i can only unlock by paying $2.50, which can accumulate into much more, is unacceptable. If I buy a game, I expect to get the whole game, not just an opportunity to pay more money. Shame on the developers for taking this path of greed and dishonesty. If they would simply add "drills" as random reward drops then I would have no problem, but at the moment they are a ripoff. I strongly advise against purchasing this game or any of it's DLCs. At the moment it is nothing but a scam. Expand
  13. Aug 15, 2013
    A great, fun, enjoyable game. Everything runs smoothly. I've been playing for a while now.

+ gameplay
    + guns
    + skills
    + levels

- friendly ai
    - graphics could be improved
    - stealth

Some minor fixes will make the game a solid 9.
  14. Aug 13, 2013
    It is one of the best co-op games in 2013, almost an improvement on every aspect of the first installment. More missions, more weapons, more variaty. I love this game!
  15. Aug 13, 2013
    This game is a must own for everyone Fun to play with friends and teamwork different game every time you play different from all the other FPS generic crap thats out there at the moment. Get this game....
  16. Oct 17, 2015
    The developers are quite literally are copying CS:GO in an awful way. They've added cases, and keys, and skins. This isn't to bad in itself, but then you realize they cost money, on a full priced game, with over 100 US Dollars in DLC, when they promised no microtransactions in any form. Another big difference is CSGO skins are purely cosmetic, while they have stat boosts here, while thisThe developers are quite literally are copying CS:GO in an awful way. They've added cases, and keys, and skins. This isn't to bad in itself, but then you realize they cost money, on a full priced game, with over 100 US Dollars in DLC, when they promised no microtransactions in any form. Another big difference is CSGO skins are purely cosmetic, while they have stat boosts here, while this normally is a good thing, but they also nerfed every single gun except LMGs(which are DLC) so if you want to have a better chance at winning, you NEED these skins. Expand
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    + High replay value with aspects of maps being randomized
    +Good RPG elements
    +Great stealth mechanics
    +Challenging
    +Guns, sound, visuals and character movement all well executed.

-Rampant hacks
    -"Going loud" can get a bit repetitive at times with wave after wave of mindless cops coming at you.
  18. Jan 14, 2015
    I have spent a lot of time in this game up to this point and I will admit that the dumb attempt to connecting to servers does suck. Once you get in a server though that problem doesn't really matter because if you have friends to play with you there is a lot to experiment with. Also i stabbed someone with an american flag which is pretty awesome
  19. Jul 29, 2014
    Payday 2 is an excellent game that is better then the first but isn't too different that some would say it is a whole new game. It brings back the clever co-op from the first game and makes it more deep and interacting. There are many new features added such as the new weapons, armour and mask customization which makes it a more interesting game because it brings in elements of thePayday 2 is an excellent game that is better then the first but isn't too different that some would say it is a whole new game. It brings back the clever co-op from the first game and makes it more deep and interacting. There are many new features added such as the new weapons, armour and mask customization which makes it a more interesting game because it brings in elements of the community as people design their player the way they want. And there is a wide variety of heists to choose from but a lot of them are from download able game content. This is a great game and I would recommend it to new players in the co-op genre and to skilled players from games such as Left 4 Dead/2 Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing. As a long time Payday fan, starting with the original, Payday: The Heist, I've enacted my fantasy of bank robbing, armored escort stealing, meth cooking, and even as of recent the breakout of one of my favorite voice actors as Hoxton, over and over again. It never gets dull, as the sheer amount of content being added keeps a repetitive task as farming fromThis game is absolutely amazing. As a long time Payday fan, starting with the original, Payday: The Heist, I've enacted my fantasy of bank robbing, armored escort stealing, meth cooking, and even as of recent the breakout of one of my favorite voice actors as Hoxton, over and over again. It never gets dull, as the sheer amount of content being added keeps a repetitive task as farming from being monotonous and boring.

Payday 2 features many good points as well as some bad, as comes with all games. However, which each new update, all of the bad things, bugs, glitches, etc. get pushed out, at a rate that is nearly consistent. With the recent welcome approach to mods like HoxHud and PocoHud, almost any and all negatives are virtually gone.

I recommend Payday 2 to anyone who wants to enact the fantasies of the Wild West, whether it be robbing banks or extorting store clerks for money, Payday 2 is for you.
  21. Dec 25, 2013
    I'm rating this game without having played the first. If you are a TL;DR person and asking me if I would recommend you the game, I can give you this answer:

I do recommend the game to you, if you happen to be a person who enjoys cooperative multiplayer games online. If you are a player preferring singleplayer games, I cannot recommend you this title. Read below why: Visuals 9 out of

Visuals 9 out of 10 The game looks smooth and the filters it uses can be turned off. Textures are clear and ingame objects look very convincing. The game definitely is a beauty.

Sounds, Soundtrack and Voices 9 out of 10 The voice actors are authentic and fun to listen to. The weapons sound convincing and the electronic soundtrack emphasizes the actions taken by the player. Is the player not discovered yet, so will the music reflect that by playing slow beats and opposed to that the music is fast and upbeat when the police storms into the bank. It even builds up to those moments. For some the soundtrack might be too repetitive, though, as there are relatively few tracks that will be repeated every other mission you play.

Gameplay 7 out of 10 First of all, it's important to note here that Payday 2 is a multiplayer game. It features a singleplayer variation, but make no mistake. The single player mode is barely functional as the cooperative AI for your 3 teampartners is too rudimentary. It's virtually unplayable. Payday 2 is played best with 3 friends of yours that you can rely on. If you don't know other players you will have to bite the bullet and play with random other players. My personal experience here has been very mixed, from egomaniacs who kicked other players for no good reason (such as a low level or wrong equipment chosen) to charitable and friendly players who coordinated via chat and went through the several missions of the game smooth and in short timeframes.

Whether you will meet the former or latter kind of player will depend on your own luck. That aside, the gunplay of the game feels smooth, different weapons and upgrades give enough variety to personalize and choose from and the four different skilltrees are well balanced and diversify characters nicely. With the right people you will definitely have a great time.

One characteristic of this game that might put you off should be mentioned The game features about 30 different missions or even more, however it uses a fraction of that amount as maps for these. This means that in various missions you will be put into the same level with items, entry points, saves and lockers, barricades, player and enemy spawns and other such points of interests shuffled around. While that does change how every mission plays out, some seem to feel that it leads to a lack of diversion and replayability. How you judge that is up to you.

Last but not least, a comment on the difficulty. The game has 4 different difficulties and a "Pro" modifier for each mission. Normal, hard, very hard and overkill. Picking one of these changes the enemy spawns as well as the rewards. Normal spawns ordinary cops and few armored units. Overkill spawns more, tougher and better armed enemies who will soak your ammo clips up like sponges the water. Additionally, you will also face enemies with special traits in the higher difficulty levels, such as "bulldozers" that literally take hundreds of bullets to kill and other such friendly surprises. The difficulty levels in-between feature upgraded cops and fewer of these special enemies. Finally, the pro mode. If you choose to play a pro mission, you will only have one try for all the levels of the mission. If you fail the mission at any point, your mission and its progress will be terminated.

Technical quality 6.5 out of 10 There are few bugs in the game, but when they happen they can be annoying. After playing a while it might happen that you lose connection to a host and your game will crash few minutes afterwards. I've had it happen to me only once after a long 5-hour gaming session, but it should be noted anyway.

Also the shadow maps of the levels seem pose a problem, as they are in a 4096 resolution that cannot be turned down in the options menu. If you don't have a top notch PC, you will need to mod the game in order to fix that and play with acceptable frames. It's possible, but it requires some extra work on your part.

Overall a very satisfying game with minor issues that can detract from the fun.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is a boredom killer. You have friends but you have nothing to do? Play Payday 2. The flaws in this game can be easily ignored.

In short, if you don't wanna rob a bank, play this. It's legal and playable.
  23. Dec 25, 2013
    Well, where to start.
    Before you buy this game, make sure friends are getting this game too because this is where the game really shines.
    Want to play single-player with bots? Feel free, although the AI will never be as helpful as other players. Playing with randoms is still very fun and all but if you have some friends that would all get together and play, this game makes what I think
    Well, where to start.
    Playing with randoms is still very fun and all but if you have some friends that would all get together and play, this game makes what I think is one of the greatest CO-OP games out there. Each player can customize accordingly to how you want to tackle the mission, loud and easy or stealthy, but tricky. Being able to stealth a full mission really does feel like an accomplishment and something to be proud of, if you can pull it off. But if you go loud, be sure to bring friends that differ in skill. A technician can easily blast open doors and most safes and can quickly get you inside, and an enforcer can use there Portable saw to quickly break open deposit boxes to grab the loot and run. A ghost can much easier stealth missions, obviously, and a mastermind is just a great thing to be. My decision: Grab some friends you can play with, buy this game.
  24. Aug 13, 2013
    The premise is still as enticing as it was when the predecessor came out; the gameplay with a co-operative squad of 4 internet connected players can at times range from incredibly rewarding and self-affirmating to soul destroyingly bittersweet and unforgiving.
    This range of emotions is part of the draw, a heist can be planned to perfection, but unravelled in an instant.
    The reason for my
    The reason for my lower than average score is the amount of game breaking crashes prevalent in the released version.
    In the beta, it was fairly clear to see that the talent trees and crafting was to be the backbone of the game, what gave Payday 2 it's replay value.
    With release there have been issues upon issues with crashes that really should have been weeded out months ago.
    At this moment in time, you can complete a heist of epic proportions, depending on the efficiency of your team, this can take up to an hour of hard focussing on the job at hand. Upon finishing you are usually presented with all the usual rewards; Experience, Cash (the market currency) and the chance to attain rare and powerful weapon modifications or eagerly sought after mask parts.
    Unfortunately there is a large prevalence of this screen being omitted altogether and the game force closing itself in response, losing all progress made since the last auto save point.
    Overkill's response to the issue? Restart Steam.
    Does this help? No, not really.
    Does it get your rewards back? Nope, try again.
    Is there a fix in the pipeline? Well, Overkill haven't admitted that they have a problem, so there hasn't been an acknowledgement and/or plan of action presented.
    Until then, it's up in the air as to whether at this moment in time, the in game elements represent value enough to risk sinking time at full retail price into a game which is so fundamentally flawed in a vital place.
  25. Aug 15, 2013
    This is a fantastic game which has soaked up hours of my time (hours which I already struggle to find!). Ignore the whining and the trolls, and let me tell you why.

As someone who somewhat enjoyed the first game (although not overly so), I wasn't originally convinced completely by Payday 2. Nevertheless, the trailers and game-play videos eventually won me over and I put down for the Beta. I can honestly say I have not been so addicted to a game for a good many years and that was just the Beta! Having now played the full game, this is even better easily worth the £30 asking price.

First of all, the game-play is some of the best co-op gaming I've played in years. As a long time fan of co-op and stealth gaming, games like Splinter Cell and Hitman are some of my favourite games of all time. The stealth in this is fantastic, if only because of the amount of communication, thought, patience and observation it takes to pull off the perfect stealth heist. The tension in these moments is palpable, and with a good team, this can be some of the most rewarding co-op stealth to be found on the pc.

Obviously, someone will at some point trip the alarm, and this is where the second half of the game is revealed a heavy-feeling and very engaging shooter. The goals and deadlines keep the pressure up whilst the music is outstanding at adding atmosphere and urgency to the situation. In fact, the music in this game is one of my absolute favourite things about it a pumping mix of grungy synthy dubstep and fast-paced electro madness which suits the tone of the game perfectly, and which rises and falls in time with the pressure you are intended to feel.

Another element which represents a huge improvement over the original is the sense of progression in the game. The money you earn in each mission is partially determined by the risks you take, the teamwork you show, and the skills you have. It is a system which rewards playing as a team, and where a 'lone ranger' style of play la 'Call of Duty' will only frustrate your team and lose you money. The skill trees offered are very varied, and you will find evangelists who argue that each one is the best choice, but a huge part of the fun of this game is making money so that you can work up each tree and start to feel more valuable as a component of a team. Personally I chose Ghost (thanks to my stealthy roots), and I love being the one to type 'ECM jammer going down', and watching my team benefit from me being on the team and having the skills I have specialised in as they sneak past a troublesome security camera. Later in the game, another member of my team might pull out a saw, which will save all of us time, and ultimately help us to make more money. I value that person, and I am glad to be on their team.

The heists themselves are a mixed bunch some are genius, such as the gallery level (which is my stealthy favourite) and the awesome 'ukranian job'. However, Overkill loses points for sometimes repeating the levels in different heists. The only other criticism of the game I might agree with is the slightly enigmatic server lobby menu, which doesn't let you specify the level or difficulty you want to play, but rather forces you to wait for the heist you really want to pop up, ensuing in a mad scramble to be in the lobby before it fills up.

These two minor flaws drop the mark to an outstanding 9. The online community is generally very pleasant, the graphics are good, the game-play is outstanding, and the co-operative elements are well thought-out and executed. If you loved games like Swat 4, Monaco, Hitman or even Counter-Strike, I think you'll have a fantastic time with this one.

...and remember, cash is king.
  26. Oct 20, 2015
    I feel like we may have been trolled, one of the rewards was a trollface. For now I'll leave this rating here because I want to give overkill benefit of the doubt
  27. Gnk
    Aug 13, 2013
    Playing this game with full team of friends on voice comm is really fun experience. I can say never had a better co-op experience so far. Recommended!
  28. Aug 14, 2013
    Brilliant game, deserves alot more respect then its getting.
    Played for 9 hours within 20 hours of getting it ._.
    Got 24.99£ to spare?
    Buy this if you like clever first person shooters with a RPG element.
    With nothing being predictable and lots of randomisation.
  29. Aug 13, 2013
    Incredible game! If you are a fan of co-op games do not wait any longer. I feel very entertained playing this game and it is very addictive. After spending 60 hours in the beta with 20% content available, I do not feel bored at all!

Great game!
  30. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is quite ridiculous, and i totally love this game. I do not think that I have ever play a first person shooter that had so much time and care put into it. This game really makes you feel like you are in a bank heist!
  31. Jun 28, 2014
    The best Co-op game to date.
    In left 4 dead you can run off and still survive, yes. but here, you have 0 chance. you must stick with your group and follow the plan.
    Leave someone behind and you'll regret it later.
    Pick your weapons carefully and fire at the targets who are most needed of a bullet in their head.
    Its amazing.
  32. Aug 15, 2013
    Great game. Better than the first one. More missions, more customization, more masks, and harder content. I've had no problem playing the game whatsoever as well and so far no glitches. The only complaint is that the Safehouse is useless even after launch.
  33. Jun 28, 2014
    In theory, the job was easy. But then again, aren’t they all? Me and three other wiseguys would hit this bank, break into the vault and make off with the cash housed within. Being the people person that I am, my job was to make sure none of the customers got any funny ideas about being a hero, calling the cops or whatever.

So after I’d killed the security guard outside and sweet-talked

So after I’d killed the security guard outside and sweet-talked the dispatcher on the other end of his pager, I’d waltz into the lobby – all calm and serious, like – and start tying up those innocent bystanders. In the meantime, our safecracker would kindly persuade the manager to hand over his keycard, shut off the security system and get drilling on the vault, while the two other members of our operation searched for any civilians we’d missed in the backrooms and kept an eye outside. Easy, right?

This is how it went down. The back door was open on this run – which was great, since it meant the manager would probably go for a stroll outside. The problem was an extra guard, patrolling the carpark and heading up on the roof every few minutes. Quick change of plan, then – I’d take out the roof guard, handle the pager, etc, then wait on the roof for my colleagues to take out the second guard and the manager at the same time. Then I’d rush downstairs and start introducing the bank’s patrons to Mr Cable Tie. You’ve gotta know how to improvise in this business, after all – there’s no room for linear thinkers on my crew.

So up on the roof I slip on my mask, whip out my silenced pistol, and everything goes to hell. My pistol’s definitely silenced, but clearly not silenced enough, because a few traitorous decibels leak down to alert one of the civilians inside. They must have had the police on speed-dial, because seconds later we’re treated to the wailing screech of a siren. Time to go loud.
    In many ways, the moment where everything goes wrong is the heart of this cooperative first-person shooter. The following seconds of panicked improvisation, when the brilliantly pounding dance music kicks in, plans get reformulated and roles reassigned on the fly, deliver some of the most intense cooperative thrills I’ve ever experienced outside of a game of Left 4 Dead 2. But it’s also the heart of Payday 2 in another respect: it’s the point where vague, unclear game mechanics and a steep, pointlessly restrictive upgrade system lets you down.

Payday 2 isn’t a stealth game, but it pretends to be, as the majority of heists start off with you casing the joint. There’s something powerfully evocative about these moments: the game utterly sells the heist fantasy as you and your friends coolly evaluate the guards and security systems of whatever establishment it is you’re about to ransack – a trap ready to spring. But the developers don’t deliver on this build-up. The moment you don your masks and start taking out security guards, someone blunders, or something goes spectacularly wrong.

Often, it’s your fault: a team member running into the view of a security camera, gun drawn. Sometimes it’s due to fuzzy rules, even if you are still technically to blame, as was the case with my silenced gunshot being heard through the roof. But then there are the incidents where you have nothing to fault but the game: an untouchable civilian on the other side of the invisible walls that bound the arena, calling the police. When my team and I finally pulled off a slick, perfect heist we did so via a zero-tolerance policy toward these unpredictable innocent bystanders: we killed anyone on the periphery who couldn’t be tied down.

The near-inevitability of failure might be designed into the game, but it’s a pity, as it renders the stealthier parts of the various skill trees less valuable. It also means that your choice at the outset of a mission between wearing unassuming civilian clothes or conspicuous body armour isn’t much of a choice at all – unless you’re prepared to restart until you get it right.
    Payday 2 wants you to fail because it’s not actually a heist game but a heist-themed siege shooter. Some of the best levels realise this, and give you something to do other than sneak in quietly. Assaulting a meth den, holding off an attacking SWAT team, and then proceeding to cook your own batch of meth is a decent example of the kind of audacious stuff the game can, ahem, cook up, when not limited by missions that entail botched sneaky entrances followed by your team defending a drill boring its way into a money vault. The meth lab mission requires at least one team member to carefully add ingredients to the mixture at the correct time, while everyone else battles heavily armoured SWAT enforcers in the kitchen downstairs.
    Payday 2 is so enjoyable that i was willing to play it daily at 640x480 resolution at the lowest settings and still run it at 15-20 fps
  34. Aug 16, 2013
    If you enjoyed left for deads co-op focus and overall design goals but thought that the survivors should have been robbing banks and pulling off other high stakes heists then this is the game for you.

Plenty of mission variety with branching paths, player customization it's all here and it works. The only faults I can think of are that the vote kick system and other host tools can be

The only faults I can think of are that the vote kick system and other host tools can be easily abused all together more humanity's flaws then the games. Easily worth the price.
  35. Aug 14, 2013
    Very good game, it is obvious that the developers have long pondered its every aspect.Despite some minor bugs and little resemblance to the original game is able to induce positive emotions in the player and give a lot of fun.
  36. Jan 16, 2014
    A great co-op game. The main downside in the game is the inability to make more than one character. There are 4 talent trees in the game and you only get enough points to get the top skills in only 2 of them. If you want to try out the other trees you have to respec which is very expensive so you can't do it often. I would like to have choice of being able to play a ghost in some maps andA great co-op game. The main downside in the game is the inability to make more than one character. There are 4 talent trees in the game and you only get enough points to get the top skills in only 2 of them. If you want to try out the other trees you have to respec which is very expensive so you can't do it often. I would like to have choice of being able to play a ghost in some maps and a techforcer in others but that is not a realistic option here without having a 2nd steam account with a 2nd copy of the game. Another complaint is that the game is basically unplayable solo because the AI teammates don't do anything but shoot enemies and revive you if you're downed. They can't fix drills, carry loot bags, etc. Any mission that requires returning multiple bags to an escape vehicle becomes tedious if not impossible. Yes, it's a co-op game, but I would like the ability to try out missions solo before I jump in with a group of people where everyone knows what they're doing but me. Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2014
    [The game's review language: Hungary]
    A PayDay: The Heist 2011. őszén debütált, jó fogadtatásban volt része de(!) a hossza nem volt elegendő (Megjelenéskor 6 pálya volt). Ha mindenki emlékszik 2011-ben jött ki a Battlefield 3 és ezért a grafikai látvány világ mondhatni "nem jött be" az embereknek és ez nagy minusz volt a játéknak.
    De 2 év alatt történt sok új az Overkill Software
    [The game's review language: Hungary]

De 2 év alatt történt sok új az Overkill Software számára ugyanis a Starbreeze Studios felvásárolta a jogokat, és berendelték a folytatást a: Payday 2-t...

Grafika: változott a PayDay 2-ben és vannak árnyékok ami a Heist-be nem volt sokkal élesebb textúrák, jobb megvilágítási effektek, robbanási effektek más kinézetet kaptak. De talán még ide tartozik az is, hogy a pályák most sokkal jobbak tágabb, nyitotabb, élettel telíbb már az utcákon civilek is járkálnak és a város nem egy chernobyl kihalás szintjén van.

Skillek és Perkek: Most már karakterünk (Választható: Dallas, Chains, Wolf, Hoxton és a John Wick filmből megkaptuk magát John Wick-et) fejleszthető van 5 Skill "fa" ami mind másra jó. Van a Mastermind aki inkább a "mindenes" sok féle skillel. Enforcer ő lesz a mi "tankunk" ha sokat fejlesztük az ő tulajdonságával kapjuk meg a legjobb armort. Technician ő nálunk az egyéb blokádoknál segít Drill-t gyorsíthat C4-et rakhat a széfekre. Ghost na ha csendesen, halkan játszunk (Stealth-be) ő a legjobb választás kisebb észrevehetőség zárakat gyorsan nyit fel, kamerákat tud loopolni, hogy ne legyünk láthatók számára... És a játék a Stealth stílust támogatja mindig ad legalább +5% XP-t. Szép fejlődés a heisthez képest (TAB+1 vagy 2 vagy 3-as számokkal váltasz, hogy mit fejlesztesz accuary, damage stb.). És utoljára a Fugitive ami egyenlőre a "gyors support" abban hasonló a Mastermind-ra, hogy ő is hozhat Medipack-ot. Nemrég behozták a Perkeket is amiben szintén több "fa" van. Ezek a perkek álltalában nagyobb HP-t gyorsabb ammo vételt, a társad mellet vagy te legyél a "tankja, őrzője" és téged lőnek.

Fegyverek: Nem kicsi létszámmal vannak jelen kapunk jó sok SMG-t Assault Rifle-t Pisztolyokat (akár akimboba), Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, LMG és ezek mindenhol minden kategóriában minimum 5 darab. Természetesen ez se maradhatott ki: rengeteg attachment de annyi, hogy számolni nem lehet van minden fegyverre 6 darab hangtompító 4681 Laser Sight, Scope-ok, más tárak, markolatok (ahogy olvasható tényleg nagyon sok van). Kezelések elég egyszerű bár ha valaki játszik egy kicsit látja, hogy az összes annyira tud hordani össze-vissza. Persze tennünk kell a fegyverekért és nyilván pénz kell, hogy beszerezzük őket.

Küldetések: Na küldetések a Crime.net-re felmegyünk (azaz ahol küldetést választunk) kidobja a küldetéseket. Ha nincs olyan küldetés amit játszanánk akkor ezt meglehet azzal oldani, hogy "megvesszük" a preferált küldetést. Megtörténik az, hogy aki most kezdte el és más lobby-ba lép be 44-es vagy és belépsz oda ahol 96 szintű a host akkor 99%, hogy kidob. Lesznek itt Pro Jobok ami lényegében ugyanaz a küldetés lesz de(!) ha elrontjuk nem lehet újra kezdeni, de persze ha megcsináltuk a küldetést akkor nyilván a játék megbecsüli +pénz és +XP szóval mindenki döntse el, hogy jó-e ez neki? + PONT mert nagyok sok féle küldetés van lesz itt: Watch dogs ahol a kokaint passzolunk át munkaadónknak. Lesz itt Hoxton Breakout (ami a legtöbb XP-t és pénzt adja) ahol Hoxton-t kell kiszabadítani majd az FBI-nál az adatokat a szervert ellopni.
    Küldetések végeztével mindig választhatunk "kártyát" ezek valamiféle tárgyat adnak: Új maszk, új attachment, maszkokra más matrica, más szinezés.

CO-OP: Payday=Csak mással. Ez a kijelentés azt takarja, hogy ha paydayezel baráttal, ismerőssel játsz mert esély is jobb, hogy meglesz a küldet... Tehát a jobb játékélmény. De egyedül nem érdemes megadott szint után már megcsinálhatatlan az egész... Látni majd, hogy a társaid olyan inteligenciát kaptak mint amikor a hangyát akarod tanítani arra, hogy hogyan repüljön szerencsélten magyarul NEM csinál semmit mindig lent vannak a földön csak golyófogóknak jók semmi másra max arra, hogy ha földön vagy felszed de semmi más.

Frissítések:Naponta jönnek frissítések. Nem rég volt a Crimefest rendezvény ahol NAPONTA 500MB-s frissítések jöttek ami azért nem rossz. Amint van valami baj egyből dobják a frissítést ami viszont annak rossz akinek lassú nete van.

DLC: Óóó de mennyi. És nem is olcsók. Emlékeztek a felsorolásra a fegyvereknél "Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, LMG"? Na ezeket el lehet felejteni ha nem vesszük meg a DLC-t van Hotline Miami küldetés DLC Transport DLC Big Bank DLC (Érdekesség: van egy "The Dentist" nevű munkaadónk akit ha meglátunk a sorozat nézők nosztailgiázhatnak ugyanis ő a Breaking Bad-ből Gus Fring, aki a Los Pollos Hermanost vezette)... Nagyon sok de ami pozitívum egybe nem mindenért kell fizetni vannak ingyenes DLC-k lásd Shadow Raid.

Értékelés:
    -Kevés ilyen jó játék van.
    -Nem pénztárcabarát DLC-k...

+...De vannak ingyen is.
    +Grafika
    +Játékélmény
    +Hang
    +Mindig új dolgok
    +Frissítések
  38. Jul 7, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games for a few reasons. First, the multiplayer is fantastic, and is good enough to keep me having fun for hours. Second, the graphics are quite improved from the first installment. Third, the company, Overkill, is constantly updating the game with new content. Although this game has some bugs and glitches, and the AI is iffy, it still holds up as a great co-op FPS.
  39. Jul 12, 2014
    PAYDAY 2 is a great game for you and your friends ! Be sure you play this game with some friends or at least in public sessions. Its not worth playing it "offline".

The graphics and the gameplay are way better than in the first game PAYDAY: The Heist. Every heist has something that is random generated, so there are so many variations for just 1 mission. The armory is great. There are so many types of weapons. Shotguns, snipers, assault guns, LMGs ... even Grenades... but some of them are just DLC only weapons.
    Its really awesome that the developers still works for the game and bring up new content. They releases payed DLCs and free heists. You dont have to buy any DLCs to play the (DLC)heists. Just the host has to own the DLC which is a great move by OVERKILL. Not splitting up the community and doing many favors. Another big bonus for payday is the great and phenomenal music. Its really pushing and a great experience for every player. Simon Viklund (the composer) made a beautiful job !!!

But there cant be just good things in a game. Here are some bad notes.
    - You have to carry bags in almost every heists which can be very annoying.
    - Escape Heists are fun for the first times but after playing at lot you getting annoyed of this. I like the design of them but for the gameplay it feels more like its redundant. Just buying "Expert Driver" and you never have to play them again. Kinda sad...
    - And the worst point in my opinion as a real payday veteran (PAYDAY: The Heist about 850 hours and PAYDAY 2 about 750 hours) is the voice acting. I really love the existing voices but there are so many moments in PD2 where you just hear the awesome background track and gunfire. These little details like screaming voices or even more voices for special units and especially the main characters are missing so hard ! If you played PAYDAY: The Heist you know what I mean.

But still PAYDAY 2 is my favorite game.

(Review from 12 July 2014)
  40. Oct 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gioco bellissimo che ti coinvolge molto quando vengono rilasciati i DLC,bello anche la modalità stealth,forse dovrebbero migliorare un poco le animazioni,ma con calma e con i vari aggiornamenti si risolverà tutto. Expand
  41. Nov 2, 2014
    It seems as though this game received many negative user reviews due to poor connection or just bad computer parts. This game is a beautiful improvement from payday the heist, which did not have many options for customization. In payday 2, you can choose your guns, attachments, customize masks, choose equipment, and choose skills from skill trees, such as the ability to carry more zip tiesIt seems as though this game received many negative user reviews due to poor connection or just bad computer parts. This game is a beautiful improvement from payday the heist, which did not have many options for customization. In payday 2, you can choose your guns, attachments, customize masks, choose equipment, and choose skills from skill trees, such as the ability to carry more zip ties or carry and throw bags of loot faster and farther. The Payday 2 community on steam also plays a huge role in the game, as there are community items (free DLC) in the game like masks, weapons, and missions. They constantly add new heists, so the updates are worth your while. I would have paid $50 for this game, but I got it during the summer sale and only paid $7.49 so I have no problem buying additional DLCs. All in all, great game and I'm not even sure how it could be improved, except for AI having the ability to carry bags on solo heists. I do, however, like the challenge of having to carry all of the bags myself, and wish I could tell the AI to stay in the jewelry store so I can run the bags to the van and come back without them getting in my way. Still, this game would be a 9.6/10 Expand
  42. Aug 15, 2013
    If you enjoyed Payday 1 at all then you'll love this game. 505 Games has improved on literally every component of the game. The most dramatic improvements are to the variation in missions, character progression, and shooting mechanics. There's plenty of depth to the cooperative gameplay and the way missions are tackled with different equipment and tactics. Buy this game, it's one of theIf you enjoyed Payday 1 at all then you'll love this game. 505 Games has improved on literally every component of the game. The most dramatic improvements are to the variation in missions, character progression, and shooting mechanics. There's plenty of depth to the cooperative gameplay and the way missions are tackled with different equipment and tactics. Buy this game, it's one of the best sequels I've seen in a long time. Expand
  43. Aug 13, 2013
    A truly great co-op game, perhaps one of the best I ever played. It was a really long time since I had this much fun co-op. It looks, feels and plays very well. Starbreeze has really stepped up their game with this game and brothers, I am really, really starting to look forward to their new IP Storm!
  44. Aug 13, 2013
    Great co-op game with tons of customization. Solo is a little lacking with the teammate A.I but is still playable. Overall a great buy with only $30 on steam.
  45. Aug 14, 2013
    I am loving this game! However, if you do not like coop first person shooters, this is not the game from you. The studio developing this game has made vast improvements over the first Pay Day. The ability to "stealth" missions without setting off alarms or alerting guards is a great challenge. But when you just want to smash and grab, the option is also available. Unfortunately, theI am loving this game! However, if you do not like coop first person shooters, this is not the game from you. The studio developing this game has made vast improvements over the first Pay Day. The ability to "stealth" missions without setting off alarms or alerting guards is a great challenge. But when you just want to smash and grab, the option is also available. Unfortunately, the release was a little buggy with random crashes, but the team at Overkill quickly put out a patch to fix the issue and I haven't experienced any issues since. Overall, the community of players have been great and are willing to work with each other to complete heists. The lower price allows entry into the game without straining the wallet. A definite for those that enjoy the Borderlands series but want more of a tactical/COD/Splinter Cell feel. Expand
  46. Aug 18, 2013
    Best game for sure! Have basically been non-stop since it came out with a couple of buddies. It is absolutely amazing, the best part is that you actually see the difference between all of the equipment you use and the sound is scary good!
  47. OMM
    Aug 14, 2013
    A great game, vastly improved over the first. The new UI is fresh and reminds me of that new Clancy game. The skills tress are a welcomed improvement. The game is a blast with friends and communication is the key. Guys that run and gun are tuff to play with as the cops come down like rain.
    Their were a few times were I wasn't able to connect to a game but the large number of game available make this minor. Give it a try.
  48. Aug 26, 2013
    here is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your review contains spoilers, please check the Spoiler box. Please do not use ALL CAPS. There is no HTML allowed. Your review may be edited for content.
  49. Aug 27, 2013
    Im enjoying it as much as I have with left for dead 2, the co-op is priceless, not only have I been searching for co-op games, but I have found one that has rpg elements
  50. Aug 28, 2013
    Great co-op game that is getting better all the time with new patches. The engine looks decent and runs great. The sound helps contribute to the tense situations in the game and the weapons are very satisfying in this game.
  51. Sep 27, 2014
    I like throwing bags, I'm special, I like this game, I also like trains, but I like this game better. Payday is life Payday is everything! :D

I recommend I r8 8/8 would rape again.
  52. Oct 21, 2013
    Absolute magnificence. Payday 2 walks the fine line between stealth gaming and shooting without compromising either. Skill trees that allow flexibility, while still limiting players from covering every role. They've even got the player feedback for stealth gameplay right. All I would like is more, more missions.
  53. Oct 8, 2013
    I was in the beta of this game. If you played it then, you would see a HUGE improvement over what it was. While I cannot give a full score here, I would very quickly call it an excellent game. The reason I can't give it a 10 is because despite all the work, it is still buggy. While I praise Overkill for working closely with the users, I would expect it to be released as soon as it isI was in the beta of this game. If you played it then, you would see a HUGE improvement over what it was. While I cannot give a full score here, I would very quickly call it an excellent game. The reason I can't give it a 10 is because despite all the work, it is still buggy. While I praise Overkill for working closely with the users, I would expect it to be released as soon as it is completely stable, 13 updates later they haven't quite gotten there. The best things about it, however, are a completely redesigned shooting mechanism, the opportunity to finish missions in stealth (HUGE improvement over the first one, if you played it,) and all in all, it delivers on exactly what it said it would, with promises of lots of free DLC to come, not bad. I say give it ago if you have ever had that fantasy of robbing banks, cooking meth, or just causing massive destruction. Expand
  54. Sep 3, 2013
    The game bring you coop fun in a manner similar to the first Left 4 dead. Each mission is generated randomly so its never the same. Skills progressions is fast, however the speed at wich you get upgrades for weapons is utterly slow and is very frustrating, same for the mask, it is very long before collecting anything to customise yours, they should had left you with a full paint editor toThe game bring you coop fun in a manner similar to the first Left 4 dead. Each mission is generated randomly so its never the same. Skills progressions is fast, however the speed at wich you get upgrades for weapons is utterly slow and is very frustrating, same for the mask, it is very long before collecting anything to customise yours, they should had left you with a full paint editor to make it. The only major downfall is that you have to get the mission you wanna play on a dynamic map that change all the time, and many missions only pop up a few times per hours and for about 4-5 secs.

Also you run out of bullets quite fast in harder difficulty modes. And the weapons accuracy is very low.

This game will obviously feature a tons of DLC, and I will likely revise my ratingf based how how they price them and if you can play with your friends who dont necessarily own those DLC.
  55. Sep 12, 2014
    This game only worth if you play in coop with a friend.
    Removing that Payday 2 offers you more than 80 hours of fun, upgrades, levels, and a lots of mask types, weapons and a skill tree. If you get the dlcs (incredible cheap) you'll enjoy it more.
  56. Aug 13, 2013
    It is one of the best co-op games in 2013, almost an improvement on every aspect of the first installment. More missions, more weapons, more variaty, what more can you ask?
  57. Aug 14, 2013
    I've never played Payday 1 but when I've got the beta I thought it was worth a try. I'm glad I made this decision. I seriously loved the music at first sight (or at first hearing, whatever). In my opinion the music is one of the strongest aspect of the game.

The gameplay was new for me and seriously loved it. Each mission has it's own set of variations so you have to prepare multiple scenarios. (Plus you can choose between silent or brute way to get the loot which is another plus point.) The community is great in my experience. Most of the players are "well-educated" (low number of rage in the middle of a session, low number of verbal harassment).

The graphics is average in my opinion but this is all right. I can play this game on my laptop with no problem. Honestly, I really don't care about the graphics if the game itself is awesome (which is true in this case).

One thing I actually don't understand that's why i can't buy weapon extensions unless I've got it randomly. Level lock would be better than lottery.

Although there are many bugs, many lost connection, missing Steam overlay or random crash I think the developer will fix those as soon as they can. Therefore the points I'll give is 8.
  58. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say that hasn't been said by many others. Payday 2 is a must buy for those that love tense co-op fps with exciting gameplay and strategy. The problem with The: Heist was that is was a bit too similar to Left 4 Dead, and it was maybe too safe with its design. Now the game is a lot more serious and a lot more tense.

Stealth is nail biting strategy for most heist's, and never an guarantee even when you are almost done with it. And when stealth is not an option or it failed, you better have an answer for the upcoming assault that really is trying to stop you in your tracks. The semi-random layout changes per mission really keeps this game becoming even close to repetitive. The rank up system has changed for the better, as well do the weapons. Now when you level up you receive a skill point and every 10 levels an extra. The points can be spent in 4 classes (Mastermind Enforcer Technician and Ghost) with the ability to 'ace' them and receive another bonus skill.

Weapons have been doubled and more. With over 10 primaries and secondaries to unlock and customize with add-on's. However, the game now only has 2 weapon slots instead of 3, probably to ad more challenge to the game, but more likely due to console release and a controller in mind.

The heist's are now in greater variety too. Ranging to your classic bank heist (with multiple vault containment's), to a coke securing mission towards cooking meth, trading it in for information, stealing it back, and rob the gang lord you traded with form his bus full of money. Some mission's require an arsenal of weapons instead of stealth, while others recommend stealth, because if you do not, then you're dead. Some heist's require multiple levels and day's, which will get you more experience and more spendable cash.

Should you successfully complete a heist at 'payday', aside from the money and the exp, every player receives a choice of 3 faced down cards. There are 3 types: A Mask, which can include a new mask, material, pattern or color. A weapon, which gives you a random weapon mod to use on weapons you can buy. Or a small stack of cash, which gives a bit more spendable cash. Speaking about spendable cash; Every dollar you get 'paid' with doing heist, around 90-95% goes to an offshore account which you can't access, and leaves the rest to you to spent on new masks, skill upgrades, new weapons or heist assets.

Are there problems with it, yes it is, but nothing that major like in the prequel. The AI-controlled players have not seen an upgrade at all, which makes me sad. It would have been nice to order them to open a deposit box, or go and fix a jammed drill, or even carry a bag back to the escape van. Enemies have the occasion to hide in the corner of rooms which makes it really frustrating when you lose a quarter of your health and more.

The game also features crime.net instead of the 'boring' lists of heists that are available for you to join, although it really works well to join games that are spread across the map, it does not work that well to set one up. The list should have been still here for that purpose. This might also have been done to prevent a limited form of card boosting, but it is annoying to wait until the exact heist with the exact difficulty to play, and not needed.

Verdict: 9/10 Why: Well not every game is perfect and this has some bugbears and nitpicks, but it never steals it away from the core and fun experience. Payday 2 is a must buy for 30,- for hours and hours of fun and big money making with friends
  59. Aug 14, 2013
    You and your crew slowly creep down the back alley that leads behind the jewelry store. You whisper to the team to stop as you peer around the corner scanning for any rent-a-cops that might be suspicious of your activity. "Pop!" One bullet from your partners silenced pistol and the security guard is down, now all that stands before you and thousand of dollars in gold and silver is a thinYou and your crew slowly creep down the back alley that leads behind the jewelry store. You whisper to the team to stop as you peer around the corner scanning for any rent-a-cops that might be suspicious of your activity. "Pop!" One bullet from your partners silenced pistol and the security guard is down, now all that stands before you and thousand of dollars in gold and silver is a thin sheet of glass. "Do I break it and risk being heard?" You think to yourself, knowing that at the flip of a coin everything could go south. "Smash!" The window shatters as the butt of your gun hits it. "AHHH!" Screams a pedestrian, your heart races, then the alarm goes off! "Masks on guys!", it's time to go to work. Welcome to Payday 2, the heist in on!

Visit www.GameFan365.com for the full review
  60. Aug 13, 2013
    The game is great and will only get better with each update DLC. Some peple experience minor connection problems but the ones I know that had thoose problems have been easily fixed and is enjoying the game right now. Recommend everyone who likes FPS and want a new experience compared to the same old CoD and BF is giving. Game 10/10
  61. Aug 16, 2013
    Payday 2 is a massive improvement over the first. Runs smoothly and the ability to completely stealth an entire mission? Gold! The guns sound amazing, the mission are quite varied (in toughness and variety of activities) and a bunch of customization options. If you thought Payday: The Heist was awesome, then your body is ready for Payday 2.
  62. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is great. 30 quid for a fully fleshed out Co-op shooter with infinite replay value sounds too good to be true right Well in this case it isn't. They really did deliver on their promises and fixed much of what I didn't enjoy about the first game. With the introduction of randomisation in some of the levels geometry, scenarios and the introduction of character, skill and weaponThis game is great. 30 quid for a fully fleshed out Co-op shooter with infinite replay value sounds too good to be true right Well in this case it isn't. They really did deliver on their promises and fixed much of what I didn't enjoy about the first game. With the introduction of randomisation in some of the levels geometry, scenarios and the introduction of character, skill and weapon customisation this game took a massive leap in the right direction. Also the ability to completely stealth a mission is a great addition. Jumping in with 4 randomers or 4 friends is a really fun experience especially when everything goes wrong and you get tested to your limit on the hardest difficulties. I really do love this game and the overall experience so I tend to look past some of the bugs that are still part of the game but with active devs constantly rolling out new fixes and updates for free I'm sure that this will be a thing of the past in no time. This game is worth every penny in my opinion. Expand
  63. Sep 23, 2014
    What a game !!! 10/10

After 105 hours of game as I always have fun on! It's really a great surprise for me

The players are mature and does not hesitate to explain properly to get you started

Very realistic
  64. Nov 27, 2014
    This game is a very big improvement over the first PAYDAY. PAYDAY 2 has great co-op, requires you to be smarter and has less excessive forces of police enforcers. While it does suffer some flaws from the first game, it is still better than the first.

PAYDAY 2 now has the 4 heisters, which are all different except from Wolf and now the addition of Old Hoxton in Washington. With new heists, improved graphics and overall better gameplay, I can easily say you should get this rather than the first game.

PAYDAY 2 has greater combat, improved graphics, new and exciting heists, the addition of stealth (Even though you could stealth Diamond Heist and No Mercy, this is a full on mechanic now) and the guns feel a lot better to shoot. The guns not feeling good to shoot was one of my complaints in the first game and they have fixed that with better animations and great sound effects.

The music in this game is great, but I prefer the first one as it actually sounded more criminal. The sound in the first game was grinding and sounded very menacing, like a criminal. PAYDAY 2's music is quite high-pitched and is more just generic dubstep, with the exception of Big Bank.

One flaw that PAYDAY 2 has is the interactivity between the heisters, and I don't mean online actual people but I mean AI. The crew used to communicate to each other a lot more in the first game, they barely do it now in this game. If you told someone to follow you, they would say "Yeah! I'm coming!" which made it more immersive.

Another flaw that PAYDAY 2 has is that it gets repetitive very quickly. Whilst new heists do get added, they take time as expected therefore after you have completed every heist once, you will get quite bored. I do not know a fix for this other than just adding more heists from the start and I do not blame OVERKILL but I do not play the game that much due to this problem.

Overall, you should get PAYDAY 2 even though it suffers from bad AI and repetition. It's fun to play, especially with friends but not as exciting when you are playing with random people that you meet on the internet.
  65. May 23, 2015
    If you want the stealth and lots of interesting missions which can't be gone without using stealth-the game's for you! There are many good stories according to the mission. So it always interesting. Don't even focus on DLS. You can do without it, can't you? There are lots of missions which you won't gone through the firs time.
    It has minuses but... Butt-hurt will not appear =) There's not
    It has minuses but... Butt-hurt will not appear =) There's not sth de trop and absence of sth. 10 and that's all.
  66. Aug 25, 2015
    Since Payday 2's launch, a vast amount of content has made this game much more enjoyable. It's deep mechanics, constant updates, and tons of options provide for a great co-op experience unlike any other. It's Single-Player is god awful to play though, so definitely don't play it for that.

All of it's design choices and even it's infamous mechanics (Like how the drill breaks often, things like hacking computers and etc. take a very long time) all fit well and make tactics and strategy much more influential and important.
  67. Aug 14, 2013
    to sum it up: FUN!

To me, fps co-op dont get any better than this, its pure fun to play with friends and strangers alike. Great gameplay, music and overall experience. Its simply FUN, something which many developers seem to forget about these days. This game costs half of some of the biggest titles out there but packs twice the fun of most of em. Its really annoying to see the score
    to sum it up: FUN!

Its really annoying to see the score lowered by multiple user trolls giving this game a 0, especially the one who gave that rating saying he couldent get it to start, if you havent played it how can you rate it? The game was the third most played on steam on release day so obviously it was working just fine and also did so in the beta before release.

I will say this though, it is not a singleplayer game, the friendly AI is meant at best as a temporary substitute untill another real player joins in. The very IDEA of this game is to be a 4-player co-op so Im happy they didnt waste time and money trying to get the friendly AI better because its simply impossible to get it good enough to replace a human player anyway. That time was much better spent on developing the co-op experience, more maps, enemy AI (which is excelent) and so on. If you are afraid to play with other humans then maybe this is not the game for you.
  68. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is awesome and well worth the cheap price tag. The developers kind of market it as a "Crime" simulator and that's really what it feels like most of the time. It's pretty fun by yourself, and a blast with a couple friends. From the tense moments of trying to sneak through a mission hoping you that guard doesn't spot you or that the pager operator will be fooled, to the high stakesThis game is awesome and well worth the cheap price tag. The developers kind of market it as a "Crime" simulator and that's really what it feels like most of the time. It's pretty fun by yourself, and a blast with a couple friends. From the tense moments of trying to sneak through a mission hoping you that guard doesn't spot you or that the pager operator will be fooled, to the high stakes of running across the street to get one more bag of loot out of the bank vault. This game is glorious. The only problem is the current lack of content that is hinted at in tutorials but not yet implemented. Expand
  69. Sep 25, 2013
    Simply the best game i've ever played. The Amazingly good gameplay And all of the other things makes this game the best game i've ever played. I wont say much about it, go check it out by yourself.
  70. Aug 28, 2013
    Pros:
    -great game play
    -great customization of masks/guns
    -fun to play with friends
    -you can choose to go stealthy or go in guns ablazing
    Cons:
    -there is only one bank, so everytime you rob a bank your robbing the same one. it would be nice to be able to rob lots of different banks.
  71. Aug 15, 2013
    Played the first one of the game Payday: The Heist, it was not much fun like the new one Payday 2
    Much more Missions then the first one, more Weapons, more Mask's and much more modifications.
    A great Co-Op game. I'm love to play the Game. The only thing that I don't like is the Crime.net Map. And the Host Connection System is crappy, they should make it like Mass Effect 3, then the

And the Host Connection System is crappy, they should make it like Mass Effect 3, then the Host leaves the game, a new one will chosen randomly without to kick the hole players out of the progressed game.
  72. Aug 14, 2013
    really enjoying it after 10+ hours spent in release version.
    bought payday 1 on a whim when it came out, and liked it a lot.
    this is better for a lot of reasons. custom stuff, way more random events, and lots of stealth options.
    it was worth the wait imho!

saw the company replying on steam forums.
    and even doing cool promotions with having street artists paint physical masks. nice.
  73. Aug 29, 2013
    To jest gra na którą czekałem. Świetny pomysł i wykonanie. Zabawa na długie godziny zwłaszcza jeżeli gra się w trybie kooperacji. Świetna produkcja która nie można pominąć.
  74. Dec 12, 2014
    I have spent 160+ hours of gameplay on this masterpiece. All the scenarios look like a real situation, with security cameras, guards, locked doors, computers to hack and if you mess the stealth mode, a lot of cops drop in and really give you a bad time. Difficulty level: not for beginners. If you play with three more of your friends, you have endless fun. Guaranteed.
  75. Aug 16, 2013
    This game worth its money.I like the games about criminals and this,is one of the best I ever played.Heists are full of suspense and fun.Games like this made me love on-line playing
  76. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, and i have been playing it for 25 hours since it came out. The mask part is really good and makes me want to do quick missions just trying to get better masks. but some minor glitches is what i take away from it. keep up the great work Overkill
  77. Aug 15, 2013
    WOW THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER
    I Cant stop playning it has taken controllover my life

I Hope payday beceomes a movie or something like that becuse its the best game ever
  78. Sep 2, 2013
    This is a true Co-Op game; If you wanted a game where you didnt have to play it with other people, then you wont enjoy PD2. The variety of maps is limited, but with a large amount of replayability as no two games will are the same (the bank vault mission will vary where the NPCs/Cameras and guards are) this makes stealthing a mission a real challenge. Teamwork and communication is vitalThis is a true Co-Op game; If you wanted a game where you didnt have to play it with other people, then you wont enjoy PD2. The variety of maps is limited, but with a large amount of replayability as no two games will are the same (the bank vault mission will vary where the NPCs/Cameras and guards are) this makes stealthing a mission a real challenge. Teamwork and communication is vital to success! Overall a brilliant concept and game 5 expansion packs on their way too! Expand
  79. Aug 15, 2013
    GAME-PLAY: Great pace and fun gun-play, stealth options on many missions give more choice, adding to replay value. Only downsides so far in around 30 hours is some bugs, which is to be expected from such a young studio as Overkill. Play this game with friends. You need other people to play the missions to their fullest potential

CONTENT: Appropriately large selection of equipment and

CONTENT: Appropriately large selection of equipment and jobs to choose from, with incredible replay value. As long as you don't linger on one mission all the time, you shouldn't get bored. Small annoyances coming from random drops of masks (with materials), and gun attachments, but these are menial. The elements of RPG mixed into this FPS with skills and such add a lot of depth to the game. Path choosing will determine whether future mission unlocks can be stealthed well, or whether a guns blazing assault

DESIGN (Customs, sound, etc.): Sound design is excellent overall. The soundtrack fits perfectly during game-play and is good by itself, and the sounds of guns are dynamic, to the point that a gun silencer may keep you in stealth while inside, but can echo and alert people if used outside. The guns and attachments are the best looking things in the game, along with custom masks, and some of the attention to detail is excellent, such as referencing the previous game with box labels and other such things. The GUI is very simple and is a great part of keeping immersion in the game, despite being able to switch it off.

TECH (Graphics, AI, etc.): Although the design of the game and aesthetics are quite good, you can when looking closely in stealth or casing mode, see pixelation on low quality textures and imperfections in your environment, but in the heat of battle, none of it matters, and it is surprising how good it can look most of the time, especially outdoor environments. The AI is probably the biggest flaw in the game, other than the occasional bugs you may experience, but it serves it's purpose well on the whole. Enemy police/SWAT/FBI AI is probably the best, and even with friendly bots being slighty stupid I haven't had significant problems with either. Guard AI can sometimes be buggy when using stealth, including eyes in the back of their heads on a particular level, and one off moments of seeing past doors when open, but hopefully these will be fixed shortly in release cycle, having had such a successful beta. Civilian AI is more consistently annoying though, with civilians standing up in front of cops that are being shot at (as if acting as a human shield for freeing them), but it is no longer as bad as day 1 of beta, and does teach you to aim at cops rather than in their general direction.

VERDICT: Bugs are the biggest problem in the game, a HD texture pack would be a welcome, but not neccessary, edition, but the flaws do not retract from the games fun and reasons for playing it. The co-op is really the reason to play the game, and although the offline mode is not a good way to progress, it serves nicely as a testing ground for trying tactics and effectiveness of guns/mods and so on. You can play the game well with one friend, 2 is good, and the maximum of 4 total players is just pleasant. The choice in this game, and random elements make this something you will enjoy for hours, and should not be missed. I give this a 10 because the flaws can almost never stop you playing the game, and that I anticipate any bugs to be fixed soon.
  80. Aug 17, 2013
    It's such a good game, great to play with friends and it's a lot better than the first, it's good fun to come up with strategics to complete the mission.
  81. Aug 16, 2013
    So much better then the first one,finally a studio which makes a sequel to a game that is actually better that the original.

Very fun, a lot of weapons features and skins,i loved the music during gameplay and of couse,for a new game its only 30 bucks on steam,totally worth it.
  82. Aug 16, 2013
    I agree, faults are minor and overkill is working hard to fix things. replay value high, random play value high, friend play high. overal map and future content possibilities will keep this one playable for quite a few hours
  83. Aug 19, 2013
    Just a pure fun when playing with the right people and people complain about bugs ,,really
    And 60,000 players who play on steam everyday can say that their game work perfect Stop whinning and handle the small problems cuz the devs aient meant to make the game work perfect on your pcs
  84. Aug 16, 2013
    I honestly wish Overkill had stuck to their original plans to make Payday 2 coop only. The introduction of solo play with the AI has made this game confusing to people. To put it simply this game is built for coop and is a coop rough edged master piece. To try to play with AI is infuriating and you are better off Lone Wolfing it. Therefore my review ignores the partner AI as its notI honestly wish Overkill had stuck to their original plans to make Payday 2 coop only. The introduction of solo play with the AI has made this game confusing to people. To put it simply this game is built for coop and is a coop rough edged master piece. To try to play with AI is infuriating and you are better off Lone Wolfing it. Therefore my review ignores the partner AI as its not really relevant to the game.

Negative: I could only give it a 9 due to some pretty bad clipping errors in places and some of the issues with line of sight and mob behavior (getting shot through cover is irritating but happens rarely).

Graphics: 9

Sound:10

Soundtrack: 11 (Its Simon Viklund and his work is amazing so as in true Spinal Tap tradition but this one goes to 11) its the first soundtrack from a game that I have actually really wanted.

Game Mechanics: 9 (very solid FPS platform with RPG elements and the heist factor just so addictive my only issue is how they count what is a "heist" which got over stated but still, having 12 heists at launch is fantastic. Stealth is also hard as hell but so much fun.)

Replay value: 10 (You constantly replay heists but the dynamic layouts and the variability in difficulty, etc. make this game so very much worth replaying)

This is are really well done game by a small studio and one of the best FPS coop game purchases I have made since Left 4 Dead 2 or Counter Strike Global Offensive.
  85. Aug 17, 2013
    The game shows big difference in contrast with the first one. The graphics have been improved in big grade, and there is the feeling of the weapon's recoil. You can be stealthy(in some way), aggressive, -this gives you the opportunity to play the game in the way you like. The are over 30 missions re-playable and fully customisable weapons and masks. You can't say that it is a simple FPS,The game shows big difference in contrast with the first one. The graphics have been improved in big grade, and there is the feeling of the weapon's recoil. You can be stealthy(in some way), aggressive, -this gives you the opportunity to play the game in the way you like. The are over 30 missions re-playable and fully customisable weapons and masks. You can't say that it is a simple FPS, it's a combination of FPS and Tactical Shooter. I scored it with 8, because of Internet problems that it have and secondly about your teammates' AI (it's awful, i was down and they didn't helped me, or the can't carry money bags). In general, the game leaves a very good taste and i wait for further support of the franchise. Expand
  86. Aug 16, 2013
    Playing this game with your mates is great fun! Even finding people online tends to be equally as fun. The games taken a huge step up from Payday: The Heist and all there effort really shows in this game. The changing scenarios and various missions keep this game fun and fresh! Grab your mates and play!
  87. Oct 20, 2015
    a great game. They fixed sh*tstorm FINALLY. so, it turned to a great game again. Play for simon, play for wolfs screams, play for that music..........
  88. Aug 13, 2013
    This is a much improved game from PayDay the Heist. The graphics to the mechanics to the AI all a big improvement from the original. PayDay 2 has a lot of the same looks and feels so you don't loose what you missed from PayDay. There is still some improvements like making a party in the main menu with friends or being able to beat a level after so many tries.

If your looking for a fun

If your looking for a fun shooter with different ways to play this is the game for you. It has its perks, as-well many draw backs. But its still a fun game to mess with friends in some challenges.
  89. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is fantastic and needs to be played by everyone who loves first person shooter coop games, and also likes to bring out their "criminal side" every once and a while! I am a huge fan of the Payday: The Heist and an even BIGGER fan of Payday 2! Overkill added many new features like the safe house, smarter AI, more weapons, and more! Unfortunately I did come across one major problemThis game is fantastic and needs to be played by everyone who loves first person shooter coop games, and also likes to bring out their "criminal side" every once and a while! I am a huge fan of the Payday: The Heist and an even BIGGER fan of Payday 2! Overkill added many new features like the safe house, smarter AI, more weapons, and more! Unfortunately I did come across one major problem and I experience one minor problem. The major problem was that the video card I use doesn't support Payday 2, so my card needed to be hacked/modded to play the game (My game was not modded though). The minor problem is that my keyboard and mouse have a very short delay when playing the game, but I never really notice it until there is nothing to run away from. I played Payday: The Heist on PS3 so playing Payday 2 on a computer is a lot different, but I'm getting used to it! Overall, I give this game a 9! Even though that my video card needed to be modded, that did give me some frustration, but I think it was an honest mistake by Overkill that they didn't know some video cards don't work... but I did get the game working. If Overkill changes those two errors, I will upgrade my vote to a 10! Everyone needs to at least try this game, if a friend has it, or maybe just watch videos and read reviews, then if you like it, get it! It's worth the price! Expand
  90. Aug 28, 2013
    Very fun co-op game. Nice graphichs and sound and very good gameplay, levels skills stealth brutal power and more Amazing game. Good job Overkil
  91. Sep 1, 2013
    Probably the best tactical coop first person shooter I have played. Great with friends and pubs who really wanna go silent. I've easily clocked more on this game in the past 2 weeks than most games. Very addicting!
  92. Sep 2, 2013
    Payday 2 is without a doubt a large improvement on the first game, it does everything better but still falls short out of being a real standout shooter that the concept should be.
    Super game! Very pleased. So much fun coop
  93. May 17, 2014
    Fantastic game! Payday 2 is 100x better than Payday The Heist, it is beautiful, fantastic. There are many more opportunities for missions, multiplayer has been greatly improved, and the graphics are beautiful, more simulation was also much improved. In short, buy it fast!
  94. Jun 11, 2014
    Hella fun, especially in co-op mode. The variations on the different scenarios is frankly mind-boggling. All the different things that can go right (or wrong) depending on your actions is remarkable. Really have to give props to the developers for coming up with such a variety.

Really like the skill trees too, and the fact that you can reset them at any time. Makes building a character easy.

Yeah, there are some graphical glitches, and the AI (both friend and foe) can be inconsistent, but not to the point of overly detracting from the game. This is a pretty complex game, so I can forgive the occasional burps, especially at the price.

Highly recommended, especially if you can get a group together to play all four characters.
  95. Aug 29, 2013
    I've played Payday: The Heist and have about 150 hours of Payday 2 (inclusive beta)...

In short, you're playing Left 4 Dead but with cops instead of Zombies, the safe-house is a get-away van and your character gets to level up skills to specialize in sneaking, healing, shooting or blowing up safes. On top of that, there is some variation to the levels which raises replayability by an order of magnitude.

A co-op FPS is what you're getting, nothing more, nothing less. While nowhere near the polish of what Valve would produce (do remember that very few studios have the backing to support Valve-level of polish), it is much better than Overkill's first try at this genre. (Which was not a bad start by any standard)

Most importantly though, (in my opinion) Overkill Studios have as of the date of writing this kept updating this lovely game on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Thus, most game-breaking bugs have been addressed as of now. More fixes and DLC have been announced which I am confident will address any concern some might have with limited amount of Heists.

It is not the game of a century, but if you like FPS-shooters, it is definitely worth getting...
  96. Oct 17, 2013
    I really do like this game. I do wish they would add a bit more variety, and I do agree that the AI in single player mode should actually be able to do things. However, overall I really like this game. Great Lan game. The guns feel incredibly satisfying. Its worth the price.
  97. Sep 28, 2013
    PAYDAY 2 can give you hours of entertainment especially with friends in Co-op. Probably one of the best Co-op games of 2013. To sum this all up with one word is FUN!
  98. Jun 27, 2014
    I tried out Payday 2 during a free weekend on Steam and soon after decided to add it to my collection. Payday 2 brings a fresh style of cooperative gameplay to the first person shooter scene and that is likely why it stands out so well.

Gameplay: The primary objective in Payday 2 is to successfully enact a four-man heist operation. These operations can be approached guns-ablazing or stealthily- whichever your team prefers. Several different heists can be attempted and you are given the ability to play with friendly AI or in a multiplayer matchmaking setup. While these four-man teams are extremely interesting to play with, the connections are unsteady at times and disconnections occur periodically. In addition, each time a player joins your heist mid-game the action is paused while connecting.

Graphics: In terms of visual appeal, Payday 2 does not go above or beyond- even while using max PC settings. The in-game graphics are somewhat comparable to those of a recent Call of Duty game. The only visual effects that stand out are some well-detailed masks and weapons.

Customization: Perhaps what draws me in to Payday 2 the most is the collectibility of items and perks. The game offers a rather large array of masks, body armors, weapons, attachments, and graphic materials to add a personal flair to each. I find collecting masks in particular to be enjoyable, but it feels kind of grindy at times to wait so long to unlock a certain weapon only to have to spend the entirety of your hard-earned cash on it (at least in the early-game).

Replayability: Payday 2 turns out to be a strong multiplayer game- when connection issues don't persist. I could see myself coming back to this game over a large period of time, and I do find myself going from heist to heist in order to unlock new items.

Overall, Payday 2 presents an original twist to the FPS genre and luckily the idea is well-executed. If the game were a bit more polished, it might be able to grasp at a 9, but even now it holds a strong 8.
  99. Jul 14, 2014
    A very good coop experience.

A nice variety of missions that change their layouts slightly every time you play them.
    The item/mask drops after each mission make it absolutely addicting to play.

That being said, if you do not have friends to play with its hard to recommend. The AI bots cant help out on stealth missions and are pretty much useless when police starts to head in.
  100. Jan 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been awhile sine Payday 2 first came out. Since then, many updates have occurred, many DLC missions implemented, and many bugs and problems fixed. It is really unfair to say that "Bugs make the game to hard to play while not online" and such. This game requires real time to learn, and it requires skill. Single Player is not broken, it's the players that complain that are. Payday 2 itself is a hard game, regardless of single player or online, and it has many good features. Now, bugs are still present, but the devs from Overkill and Almir himself work on Payday 2 nearly weekly working out the bugs, which is what makes it such a great community and game. Overall, I would say this game deserves a 9, because it's a great game, but has room for improvement with new missions and updates. Expand

1. Oct 9, 2013
    PayDay 2 is one of the nicest surprises of the year. Overkill Software understands the atmosphere of gangster movies and wisely improves these pieces of gameplay, that might have been disappointing in the first game. The sequel is better in almost every way - you can play a thief and enjoy good character development and shooting systems. I really hope, that PayDay 3 will be even better.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 5, 2013
    Payday 2 is an excellent co-op shooter - a vast improvement over the first one. [Sept 2013]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 3, 2013
    A unique and captivating multiplayer experience that rewards team work over personal glory. But make sure you bring friends for the true experience. [Nov 2013, p.62]