4.0

1. Jan 21, 2023
    A literal hour-effort spent emulating this game’s 2007 release on any desktop PC will provide a drastically superior experience to the bizarre style of this PSP port. Persona 3 is a game that relies incredibly on its narrative, and the way it’s presented. I am genuinely blown away at the poor quality of this release, esp in the wake of Persona 4’s port which got several quality of lifeA literal hour-effort spent emulating this game’s 2007 release on any desktop PC will provide a drastically superior experience to the bizarre style of this PSP port. Persona 3 is a game that relies incredibly on its narrative, and the way it’s presented. I am genuinely blown away at the poor quality of this release, esp in the wake of Persona 4’s port which got several quality of life updates such as HD character portraits & high quality music—all of which are missing, here. Audio quality is in very poor shape, and makes immersion very difficult. Cutscenes that contextualize 70-80% of the game’s scenarios are completely missing, making many jumps and options in dialogue seem random or out of place. It’s very saddening how much better it is to emulate this game, rather than to play it this way. I don’t understand why this game—frequently heralded as a cult classic//PS2 era masterpiece, was given such an indifferent release. Regret purchasing. Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2023
    After the great port of Persona 4 golden on PC, i had a lot of hope. Unfortunately this game is a huge dissapointment. The AI upscaling of backgrounds and characters look awful.
    The first awakening scene with the main character has such a bad audio quality, that i thought to myself, if that is some sort of joke. Who made the quality control for this? Who said, that this looks fine? This is a ripoff, just a cash grab. To make a few bucks.

The gameplay loop itself is fine. You see where it all started. There are a few annoying things, which are better in the other Persona games. But overall, the original game is fine.

If you want to play Persona 3 get any other version. Not this port.
  3. Jan 20, 2023
    A port of the "weakest" version of Persona 3 that is somehow uglier on pc, Xbox series / ps5 and switch than the psp version because of the weird ai upscale, with very questionable translation in top of that, and at full price. I'd recommend you to emulate the PSP version if you really want to play at P3P, or to emulate p3 fes.
    I really can't believe how different in quality the P4G and
    I really can't believe how different in quality the P4G and P5R ports are compared to the P3P one
  4. Jan 22, 2023
    Persona 3 portable on steam, ps4, ps5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and switch is not a good port of the videogame some cutscenes have stinky quality audio as if it is from a game from the Nintendo DS, the upscale of the textures does not look good sometimes the characters in the overworld look like characters from mysims and why can i not look at Minako or Mitsuru or even Yukari's smelly feetPersona 3 portable on steam, ps4, ps5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and switch is not a good port of the videogame some cutscenes have stinky quality audio as if it is from a game from the Nintendo DS, the upscale of the textures does not look good sometimes the characters in the overworld look like characters from mysims and why can i not look at Minako or Mitsuru or even Yukari's smelly feet 0/10 dont buy this port, Atlus have acknowledged the issues and have said they will fix these issues in a patch however this doesn't excuse this behaviour of releasing a videogame in an incomplete poopy state i am tremendously disappointed and I hope someone got fired for that blunder Expand
  5. Jan 24, 2023
    This review was made before I've finished the game, so please take it with a grain of salt.
    I think at least so far this is a pretty fine port. The only things are that the backgrounds are clearly AI upscaled and that for some reason the battle sounds are low quality, and especially the ones in the Persona awakening for some reason. However, if I know modders I know they'll fix those in no time.
    And of course, the game itself is great.
    I will say though if you are comfortable with emulation the only thing you're really losing is the custom difficulty as save states can act as quick saves, Retro Arch Steam has cloud saves, and it isn't all too hard to make a keyboard set up for Persona.
  6. Jan 23, 2023
    I have put all of one hour in P3P for PC, and with being my first time experiencing this game, I am thoroughly disappointed in the laziness Atlus has demonstrated with this re-release. The sound effects and graphics are abysmal.
  7. Jan 24, 2023
    one of the worst ports imaginable. a visual guide of how not to upscale the graphics in the game through ai. full fail.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 24, 2023
    In all Persona 3 Portable is an excellent chance for gamers to add to their JRPG collection, and despite its flaws it has a compelling story, fantastic music (Techno and J-Rock compared to P4’s J-Pop and P5’s Jazz), and characters that feel fleshed out and real. For $20 USD on Steam and many hours of content, the game is a bargain worthy of Tanaka, a series spanning salesman that has always got a deal for you.
  2. Jan 18, 2023
    Persona 3 Portable is an unconvincing conversion of a game that could have expressed more in 2009, constrained then by limitations that current platforms do not have. It remains an important chapter for the saga with a unique aesthetic that serves as a bridge to its origins, but it is a shame that the adaptation was made without the will to dare.
  3. Jan 17, 2023
    It might sound like I'm being negative about Persona 3, but I'm not. It's a lot of fun, and it has a lot of interesting strengths. It has the misfortune of being the first game in a franchise where the sequels improved on a ton of features and were released before it on the PC. If you've never played it, it's well worth a shot. It's still a great game, but it has aged more than its sequels. Despite that, it still does some things superbly well. The addition of an entire second playable story path and a bunch of new social links also makes it a worthwhile experience for those who played the original release but not the portable version.