8.8

1. Jun 13, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs of all time. Don't let its graphics deceive you it is an awesome game with nice gameplay
  2. Jun 15, 2020
    One of the best RPGs ever created is now on steam. If you have even the slightest interest in this game - buy it.
  3. Jun 15, 2020
    Finally! I'm able to play this masterpiece. After all this time. I'm happy. This game is as awesome as P5 or even better.
  4. Jun 18, 2020
    If you ever wondered about trying Persona series and you only had pc - it is your chance. Come and grab it! Game aged nicely, good music, story, interesting character development - P4G contains all of it. BTW, works nicely at high FPS and 1440p for me.
  5. Jun 19, 2020
    Persona 4 is a classic RPG from 2008 brought to PC with this version of the game. I'll keep it simple:

Pros: -Gameplay is pretty cool still by RPG Standards. While sometimes it can be a bit too easy, the game does offer a lot of challenge especially if you try playing it on the hardest difficulties. You get to hangout with your super cool companion characters and share actual funny or

Pros:
    -Gameplay is pretty cool still by RPG Standards. While sometimes it can be a bit too easy, the game does offer a lot of challenge especially if you try playing it on the hardest difficulties. You get to hangout with your super cool companion characters and share actual funny or serious moments with them that really brings up the gameplay's story and gives you a great motivation as to why you should keep doing what you're doing.

-The story of the game is pretty great, it's got a lot of turns and twists, and especially the reveal of the actual villain that caught me off guard too. A lot of the game's plot points for dungeons that involve certain characters being important, also has a focus(at least in my interpretation) how they struggle with their inner demons or some form of secret/way they are as a person and by the end of the dungeon they've confronted that and accepted what they know. It's really cool!

-The soundtrack is 10/10. Go listen to it. That is all.

-With it being Persona 4 Golden, it also brings the things the Vita version brought differently than the original version in 2008.

Cons:
    -Some minor graphical issues, nothing too major, but there were some noticeable hiccups.

A classic from start to finish, and yes i will definitely be playing it again to see what i can do differently.
  6. Jun 18, 2020
    Karakterleri muazzam her bi karakter resmen yaşıyor kesinlikle bu oyunu oynayın harika bir oyun.
  7. Jun 22, 2020
    I generally don't like RPGS so the high score should really be a great indication of just how good this game is. I got a ps4 just to play persona 5, so I'm thrilled to see this on steam when I haven't gotten around to playing the fifth one yet.

The RPG segments are a bit too easy but the characters more than make up for it. Hilarious game, highly recommend.
  8. Jun 14, 2020
    I’m about 8 hours in right now and am absolutely stoked that this game has FINALLY hit PC. Just rescued a certain princess and completed the first arc. I have had no issues with the game crashing or no sound as I’ve seen some reviews on steam have. Only thing I’ve noticed was slight hiccups in the anime cutscenes and when doing an All Out Attack, there are stutters in the animation whenI’m about 8 hours in right now and am absolutely stoked that this game has FINALLY hit PC. Just rescued a certain princess and completed the first arc. I have had no issues with the game crashing or no sound as I’ve seen some reviews on steam have. Only thing I’ve noticed was slight hiccups in the anime cutscenes and when doing an All Out Attack, there are stutters in the animation when the enemy falls and everyone gathers around. Other than that it has been perfect for me. I cannot wait to put another 150-200 hours into this game yet again. Thank you so much Atlus and I hope this game succeeds so we can see you release other Persona titles or even SMT titles on Steam! Thank you sooooooo much for this you have made this horrible year all the better with this release and P5R!!! Expand
  9. Jun 15, 2020
    I had a long review written up for why I give it a 10 but I accidentally hit the back button and it all got deleted. Just play the game. The dungeons may feel a little bland by today's standards but this game is from 2008 (ps2) Jump into to the game with that mindset. Travel back to 2008 for one the best JRPGs of that time. Also anyone having issues with the laggy animated cutscenesI had a long review written up for why I give it a 10 but I accidentally hit the back button and it all got deleted. Just play the game. The dungeons may feel a little bland by today's standards but this game is from 2008 (ps2) Jump into to the game with that mindset. Travel back to 2008 for one the best JRPGs of that time. Also anyone having issues with the laggy animated cutscenes there are plenty of fixes on YouTube for the issue that may resolve it for you. I had no issues with it but i know its a problem. Disregard the 0/10 scores. This game is not a zero. Expand
  10. Jun 20, 2020
    Still my favorite RPG, yes it is not perfect, no game or media is, but everything in this game just clicks so good, the themes, the music, the battle system, the social links.
    An instant classic reccomended for all rpg fans.
    This is the only rpg i have ever given a 10 besides FF6
  11. Jun 20, 2020
    An enhanced edition with many improvents of the classic ps2 JRPG, Persona 4 one of the best games ever with addicting gameplay, excellent storytelling, nice clean & slick artstyle, you simply can't miss out on this game.
  12. Jun 21, 2020
    Great game. Glad it’s finally on pc. Hopefully persona 5 will come to pc eventually as well
  13. Jun 18, 2020
    Stays true to the original and not only expands on it but also improves it. If you are a fan of turn based RPG then this is a must play and a great introduction to the Shin Megami Tensei universe.
  14. Jun 21, 2020
    Lo estaba esperando hace mucho,es genial,este va a ser unos de mis juegos este 2020.
  15. Jun 21, 2020
    Great JRPG game. In some ways I like this better than persona 5. Only issue I've had were a few crashes in one of the dungeons but after reinstalling no crash issues. Great characters to get to know. Awesome game!
  16. Jun 18, 2020
    My favorite of the franchise. Easily the most lovable set of characters who actually feel like your friends rather than acquaintances. Far more comedic than 5 or 3, with far more group-hangout events. The music is fantastic as always, with tracks that you will find impossible not to hum to. When the credits roll you'll find yourself teary-eyed as you realize you'll never get to experienceMy favorite of the franchise. Easily the most lovable set of characters who actually feel like your friends rather than acquaintances. Far more comedic than 5 or 3, with far more group-hangout events. The music is fantastic as always, with tracks that you will find impossible not to hum to. When the credits roll you'll find yourself teary-eyed as you realize you'll never get to experience this game for the first time again. Expand
  17. Jun 19, 2020
    This is great game(in my personal opinion story is better than in p5), port itself is ok(it is not a remake so don't expect up to days graphic), technically it works but there are framerate hiccups when game change resolution and framerate(when transferring between animated cutscene and game or some longer animations in general).
    From me it is 10/10 as a thank you and encouragement for
    From me it is 10/10 as a thank you and encouragement for Atlus to bring more of their games to PC and other platforms(otherwise game itself is 8.5/10), that gives them creative freedom from comifornian soystation central(look what was done to western p5 royale and catherine full body)
  18. Jun 19, 2020
    awsome game masterpiece I also hope that persona 5 and 3 and 2 and 1 will also come on the pc and if 6 should also fit a pc port please
  19. Jun 18, 2020
    The Game is just to good I was waiting years for a release of Persona 4 Golden that was on a system easier to get then the vita. I'm enjoying the nice unlocked frame rate and higher resolution then the vita the game it just runs so nice on my desktop and laptop.
  20. Jun 18, 2020
    This was the game that made me buy my vita in high school, and the game that pulled me into Atlus' SMT franchise including persona series, mainline smt series, and spin offs like strange journey and devil survivor.
    This game is an absolute masterpiece JRPG and I personally prefer its story to that of Persona 5's.
    The pc port runs great apart from minuscule frame problem in all out
    The pc port runs great apart from minuscule frame problem in all out attacks during battle (for me at least). The unlocked frame rate and higher resolution made me realise how many little pieces of references I missed on the Vita version. Overall, for an old fan like me, this port was well worth it, because I didn't have the pleasure of playing p4 on ps2 (with blocky textures and horrible resolution) or having a PSTV to play P4G on a modern TV screen. It is just incredible how visual impactful this pc port is since I am so accustomed to a tiny screen and barely 30+ fps gameplay.
  21. Jun 19, 2020
    (Redacted) creator (Redacted) declares: modern Japanese games "just suck" 2012

Persona 4 Golden and many games years after that statement just made that statement false! well technically persona was released in the mid 2000’s in the PS2 but still its a reminder that Jalanese games don’t suck! As an asian man I was insulted when an indie developer said japanese games are trash but
    (Redacted) creator (Redacted) declares: modern Japanese games "just suck" 2012

As an asian man I was insulted when an indie developer said japanese games are trash but games like persona 4 proves we are not trash and asians make the most greatest of games. Redacted the name as not to bring any attention to the person.

The defining game this year and its not even from this year. Compare it to western games it handles sensitive topics in a respectful way and deals with dark storylines in a light hearted warm manner.

This is what Western Story based games try to be but they are to busy pandering they forget how to craft a great story.

Gameplay is great! An Japanese style RPG with deep mechanics and some of the stats affect dialogue choices ala Western Style RPG! its a rare turn based combat game that still is acceptable in this age of RPGS using action games and shooters as their means of combat.

This is the greatest game ever made and that is not a bold statement a lot of people agree. Japanese games have overthrown the western side of gaming sans (CD Projekt and Rockstar Games) and has proven that indie dev wrong.
  22. Jun 21, 2020
    A great port for the PC. If you love RPG'S or JRPG then you should give this one a try.
  23. Jun 20, 2020
    The best version of one of the best JRPGs ever made, for just 20 dollars. Just buy it.
  24. Byv
    Jun 21, 2020
    Great game and great story. Well-designed characters and great music. I hope they port and 5 part in Steam.
  25. Jun 21, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden now being on Steam is a delight to all Atlus/SMT/Persona fans. It's given lots of us an optimism for the future of Atlus, and I'm sure many are hoping that more Persona games are ported, and most importantly, that some SMT games get ported too. That aside, let's get to the game itself.

As this is new to Steam, and to a majority of people who never had a PS Vita, it should be known that Persona 4 Golden is, indeed, an old game, with dated graphics. It's a little better than what Persona 3 had, which isn't exactly saying much, but it's enough to make it a much better experience. The theme of the game can be described, without spoiling anything, as a "Scooby Doo movie in the boonies."

Persona games always follow a certain theme throughout the game; whether it be a genre of music, a colour scheme, or the ways in which the characters in the game develop, they often stick out because of just how well they execute this. Persona 4 Golden is no exception.

From characters who make you nostalgically dream of times which were better, comfier, and much more wholesome, to the new music added in the Golden remake which soothes your heart. The characters in Persona 4 Golden all have great depth to them (with a single exception; no spoilers, won't mention), and the way in which they develop, act, and speak to not only the main character, but also to the person behind the screen, invoked, at least for me, strong feelings of empathy, of understanding, and of acceptance.

P4G exemplified near tremendously how a game should treat social issues. My only gripe would be that Yosuke is a little bit of a homophobe; that could very easily be justified as "Teenagers being none the wiser", or "being edgy with your jokes", but it was still a bit odd, and out of place. Aside from that, however, everything pinned the nail on the head. Truth in media, women's issues in the workplace, toxic masculinity (I hate the word as it's almost always misused, but this game tackled the genuine thing, and realized it as an issue that men should be helped through, not scrutinized and mocked for), and last but not least, the power of friendship. Sorry, last point is a bit of a joke, but it's also quite an important plot device in practically every recent Persona game, but in Persona 4, it's easily the most prevalent.

Now, a quick summary for every aspect of this game:

Art design: 7/10. Although outdated in modern times, it's still not half bad at all. Persona designs are, as always, very interesting, but it's in the characters where the art excels. It's hard to explain it without spoiling a few characters, so I'll refrain from doing such.

Sound design: 10/10. I'm no big fan of giving out scores of 10, but Persona's music almost always deserves it, and as I've mentioned in regards to others aspects of this game already, Persona 4 Golden is no exception. The introduction of the song "Snowflakes" really sets this rating in stone for me, as that song manages to invoke the strongest feeling of nostalgia and warmth within me than any story or media has ever accomplished yet, save for maybe Undertale.

Story design: 8/10. I've always thought that Persona 4 was a bit lacking in the story department, but putting my biased goggles aside from my experience playing Persona 3 and Persona 5, the story in this game is still superb. It is only in the shadow of those two games which the story of Persona 4 seems a bit worse, but I often find it unjustly being referred to as a bad story; by no means is it such. Of course, though; won't spoil. Unfortunately, I cannot sing its praises much without doing so. I can safely say, however, that it succeeded in gripping my heart throughout my playthrough, and had me eagerly playing the game throughout its entirety. There was scarcely a moment in the game in which I felt I should take a break; for better, or for worse, that's up to you to decide.

Character design: 9/10. Persona 4 excels in exactly this department; it's characters are exceptional when compared to the other Persona games, and even when compared to many other games in the modern gaming landscape. The S-Links in Persona games always show to the player the struggles which the main cast faces outside of their forages into the different world. In Persona 4, their struggles with who they are, what they wish to become, what they mean to others, and what others mean to them; suffice it to say that I have never felt more able to relate to video game characters than I could for the characters here. Their design is full of love and warmth, brimming with that pervasive sense of nostalgia which is ever-present throughout this game, and yet again, for better or for worse, you'll likely leave this game desiring such personal relationships as the characters in this game have with one another.

Overall: 9/10. The wear of this game hasn't worn out just how stellar it is to experience, and I urge everyone give it a chance when they can.
  26. Jun 22, 2020
    Very good
    Truly a masterpiece, one of the best JRPGs ever made only pared by final fantasy games
  27. Jun 22, 2020
    Persona 4 golden is an excellent gateway to JRPGs. A remarkable game with a fascinating plot, charismatic characters and an excellent soundtrack. The Persona series deserves all the appreciation it has and it would be something wonderful if the other games in the franchise arrive on the PC.
  28. Jun 24, 2020
    My first persona game, I absolutely dig the vibe, music, and story. Perhaps this will be a gateway for me to the realm of JRPGs
  29. Jun 13, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden on PC! Come on! I'm happy that we've got this game! I hope more people will enjoy this game.
  30. Jun 13, 2020
  31. Jun 13, 2020
    This game it's a MASTERPIECE. I saw it in Steam, and I bought it. Just simple like that.
  32. Jun 14, 2020
    This is my favorite game of all time, it is so much fun and it's so insane that it's off the Vita for everyone else to enjoy. I'll gladly play it again and again, I love these characters so much. They legit feel like family to me. They all grow and experience some crazy **** together and it's refreshing to see the outcome of it all. Please play this game, it means so much to me.
  33. Jun 15, 2020
    An amazing JRPG now forever safe on steam, truly a masterpiece. I hope this game reaches a ton more people it originally did.
  34. Jun 13, 2020
  35. Jun 13, 2020
    The Persona series is on of the finest around. Hoping they bring this game out on the Nintendo Switch & PS4 soon.
  36. Jun 13, 2020
    The only negative reviews are from the same person that gives Warcraft III: Reforged a 10.

Warcraft III: Reforged. Let that sink in a little bit. Persona 4 Golden is a classic JRPG remastered. The PC port is fantastic, with excellent dual audio quality, constant 120FPS at 1440P, and crisp and smooth Mouse and Keyboard integration. If you never had the chance to get into Persona

Warcraft III: Reforged.

Let that sink in a little bit.

Persona 4 Golden is a classic JRPG remastered. The PC port is fantastic, with excellent dual audio quality, constant 120FPS at 1440P, and crisp and smooth Mouse and Keyboard integration. If you never had the chance to get into Persona before, Persona 4 Golden is a good entry point.

Don't be afraid to start on Very Easy on your first run and have fun.
  37. Jun 14, 2020
    this is literally one of the best games of all time. that's really ALL you need to know. buy it right now and STAN KANJI
  38. Jun 14, 2020
    One of the greatest J-RPG of all time with an amazing story, great characters, and insanely cool musics.
  39. Jun 13, 2020
    it's cinnamon stick the history is very good the figths the are very entertaining, good characters
  40. Jun 14, 2020
    Thank you Atlus, finally, this is deeply appreciated! I hope you bring Persona 5 Royal to the PC as well. Heck, 2 and 3 as well
  41. Jun 14, 2020
    Amazing game, only issue is that the anime cuutscenes (like the one that plays when you boot it) are borderline unwatchable due to intense visual and audio stuttering. Other than that I highly recommend as the cuutscenes are few and far between enough that it hasn't hindered the experience too much
  42. Jun 14, 2020
    ITS PERSONA 4 on pc. plus it looks amazing for persona 4 golden. it carried a console for 12 or more or less years
  43. Jun 13, 2020
    It stays true to the original... except the stuttering of the op, which to me, is a critical experience right when you boot up the game.
    Other than that, it's Persona 4 Golden, an already perfect game, on PC, with improved graphics and framerate.
  44. Jun 19, 2020
    i mean, it's persona 4 golden folks... ten out of ten.
    need so many characters
  45. Jun 13, 2020
    Aside from the opening cutscene, the rest of the game runs perfectly and exactly like the original game and stays true to its origin. The combination of hilarious great characters, gameplay, and most of all, the music that definitely compliments the turn based RPG system.
  46. Jun 14, 2020
    Cutscenes stutter a bit for me and the graphics are definitely still ps2 level, but come on, it's persona 4, how can I not give it a 10
  47. Jun 14, 2020
    a great entry in the best jrpg series of all time, truly a must play for anyone that likes video games
  48. Jun 22, 2020
    One of the best games I’ve ever played. Better gameplay than Persona 3, though not as polished at Persona 5. Better story than Persona 5, though not as good as Persona 3. Perfect entry to the series.
  49. Jun 18, 2020
    No doubt and even if its a older game P4G beat P5R in the most important thing in a RPG, better characters and better history.
    One of the best JRPG i ever played.
  50. Jun 16, 2020
    A 10 just to make cry the haters that believe they 0 grades will leave a scratch in this master piece.
  51. Jun 27, 2020
    Great port of a great game, maybe has some bugs but you can fix that playing in full screen.. the thing is the great story thatis actually good written not like some big AAA games of nowadays were you only expect it to be good with some propaganda and good graphics.. i hope persona 5 royal orpersona 3 fes comes to steam someday
  52. Jun 22, 2020
    Very good! thanks for the one of the best game of 2x past generation! Very interesting story, reallyelaborate characters and their stories!!
  53. Jun 23, 2020
    This is a good game. I really love. Thank you Atlus. You're the best. I'm waiting for your next game.
  54. Jun 18, 2020
    Still one of the best JRPGs ever made. They didn't need to add anything, it is already as near perfect as it was ten years ago. It was an instant but as soon as I found out it released.
  55. Jun 30, 2020
    What a masterpiece of a game! Incredible characters, voice acting, fun gameplay and immersive storyline. Looks amazing and runs great at 4k/60fps+
  56. Jun 21, 2020
    Nice game, now we want persona 5 royal on pc atlus come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  57. Jun 19, 2020
    After beating this game i am kinda speechleess. Tbh gameplay is still tedios sometimes, not like in P3, but still it's not even close to P5 level. Storytelling feels kinda weird, espicially if you are trying to get True ending(I reccomend to check guides so you can get it on your 1st try, on Steam you can find pretty solid guides without spoilers). it feels like they had so many ideas andAfter beating this game i am kinda speechleess. Tbh gameplay is still tedios sometimes, not like in P3, but still it's not even close to P5 level. Storytelling feels kinda weird, espicially if you are trying to get True ending(I reccomend to check guides so you can get it on your 1st try, on Steam you can find pretty solid guides without spoilers). it feels like they had so many ideas and they tried to stuff it into the last 6-8 hours.

The best part of the game is the Investigation Team and their chemistery inside of this group. I am actually surprised how many memorable events this guys had. Atlus executed that part so well so it really worth every penny I paid and time i invested in that game(~70 hours). And i more surprised that P5 characters dont have such deep development of their relationships inside of Phantom Thievs.

The best present for PC players in 2020 year by far!!
  58. Jun 19, 2020
    It is a great addition for pc jrpg games library.

The downside is that it has denuvo drm.
  59. Jun 20, 2020
    A wonderful port of a timeless classic. Nothing much has changed from the vita version. It is a great game to play for new fans of the series. The music is amazing, combat is fluid, and characters are likable. Just know that this game was originaly released on 2012 for a portable console.It might not be for everyone but it is a wonderful game nonetheless.

i give it a 9 because of the

i give it a 9 because of the cringy voice acting and the absence of music during rainy days and some other issues.

I hope atlus releases more games on PC!

Note that some red reviews are from angry ps4 fans that feel they are betrayed from atlus!
  60. Jun 19, 2020
    Por fin se podrá jugar esta joya del rpg en una plataforma que no sea Psvita
  61. Jun 16, 2020
    Good JRPG and a great PC version, very cheap price for a lot of content! Support it if you want to see more games from Atlus on PC in the future!
  62. Jun 21, 2020
    Not a perfect port, but I'm so happy they finally brought this to PC. It's likely my favourite game of all time, and up there with Persona 5 Royal as the two best non-classical JRPGs out there.
    Awesome cast of characters, fun story, great up-beat vibe. Love it.
    I can't wait til the modding community goes wild either.
  63. Jun 21, 2020
    It’s a great game. I enjoyed it a lot when I played it years ago on PSVita.
  64. Jul 1, 2020
    Persona is that rare series which only gets better each game. Accordingly, Persona 4 Golden is a bit clunkier than Persona 5, but much more polished than 3. Expect a fairly simple combat system with almost pokemon-like moveset selection on the personas, mixed with basic dungeon exploration that's made entertaining by the environments full of personality. The plot's good too; it has somePersona is that rare series which only gets better each game. Accordingly, Persona 4 Golden is a bit clunkier than Persona 5, but much more polished than 3. Expect a fairly simple combat system with almost pokemon-like moveset selection on the personas, mixed with basic dungeon exploration that's made entertaining by the environments full of personality. The plot's good too; it has some incredibly powerful moments that make you feel stuff. Play it Expand
  65. Jun 30, 2020
    One of the best JRPGs ever made. It's worth the price, don't doubt it. Hopefully Atlus will bring more classics to PC after this one!
  66. Jun 24, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden es un sueño hecho realidad para muchos y sobretodo para los amantes de esta serie de spinoffs de Shin Megami Tensei, yo personalmente cuando se filtró que estaba en Steam días antes del anuncio estaba eufórico esperando el día de su salida ya aquí estoy después de casi dos semanas de su lanzamiento haciendo la review con el juego recién acabado.

Vayamos por partes:

Vayamos por partes:

Port: El port en líneas generales desde mi punto de vista es bueno. Puede mover el juego a 144fps cosa que muchos otros juegos no pueden, está todo en FullHD y no sé si en QuadHD y 4K (no tengo ese tipo de monitores) pero se ve muy bien dentro de que sigue siendo el mismo juego de PSVita que viene de un juego de bajo presupuesto de la PS2. Algo negativo del port es que tengo compañeros que han sufrido problemas de congelamiento y de pantallas negras, no ha sido mi caso, pero veo interesante el comentarlo.

Este review pone que es un juego que recomendaría, pero no es para todo el mundo, por eso voy a dejar una serie de "problemas" que algunos jugadores no estarían dispuestos a pasar por alto para que ellos no jueguen a un juego que no les guste:
    - Juego de fácilmente más de 70 horas.
    - Gráficos MUY pobres incluso para un juego de 2008 en PS2 originalmente.
    - JRPG por turnos en general hay gente que no les gusta.
    - Curva de dificultad en mi opinión inversa, la primera mazmorra es MUY dificil por la falta de recursos y más adelante el juego si gestionas bien es más "sencillo".
    - Dentro de los JRPG es un juego que más que difícil te pone en situaciones injustas.
    - Es una japonesada y entiendo que no mucha gente le interese este tipo de cosas.

Antes incluso recomendaría que le echases un vistazo al Persona 5, es más amigable con los nuevos jugadores y es más actual en general, pero si puedes pasar por alto todo lo que he comentado aquí, Persona 4 Golden va a ser de lo mejorcito que juegues del género, es cierto que yo dentro de la saga Persona he jugado solo al 3 y al 5 antes que este y Persona 4 Golden está un escalón por debajo de esos dos en líneas generales, pero aún así sigue siendo un juego soberbio.

Ahora sí, el juego:

El punto fuerte de Persona 4 es en mi opinión el grupo de personajes principales, creo que es el mejor llevado de los 3 juegos que he jugado de la saga, es cierto los personajes secundarios flaquean algo sobretodo si los comparamos con los de Persona 5 que es uno de sus puntos fuertes. Aunque en lineas generales de los 3 juegos, Persona 4 tiene el casting.

La historia es muy interesante, como te plantean que hay un asesino en serie en un pueblo y tienes que encontrar quien es, además ese asesino en serie es alguien que está aprovechando el poder que solo unos pocos tienen de poder entrar en un mundo dentro de una televisión y como la historia te va guiando por diferentes culpables acabando en dependiendo de tus acciones en diferentes finales. No es la historia del Persona 3 que la verdad es bastante mejor, pero está interesante igualmente.

El gameplay es muy similar al de persona 3, pero en vez de haber 3 daños físicos solo hay 1 y encima puedes controlar a tus aliados, lo han simplificado para bien. La dificultad de este juego me parece genial, no es como en el Persona 4 original que solo hay 3 niveles, aquí hay 5, que puedes modificar a gusto y cambiar cuando quieras dependiendo la situación, no voy a mentir, el de conseguir más dinero ha sido algo que he tenido casi todo el rato.

La banda sonora es soberbia pero creo que nadie lo duda. Es cierto que personalmente me quedo tanto como la del 3 como la del 5 pero sigue siendo genial con canciones como Heaven o Heartbeat, Heartbreak que simplemente me encantan.
  67. Jun 30, 2020
    An excellent re-release of one of the PlayStation 2's best games, with all of the bonus content of the Vita version included. The PC port runs perfectly with the exception of some compressed video files for the animated cutscenes.

Persona 4 is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It has a great murder mystery story with excellent twists and turns, lovable characters and an overall fantastic presentation.

The dungeon crawling is a step-up from Persona 3, which only had one central dungeon. This time around each story event has a unique dungeon, with incentive to revisit them later on due to secret bosses with useful weapons. They also feature unique audio tracks, making exploration feel less repetitive over the long length of the game.

While Persona 4's combat may not be as flashy as what would later come in P5; I do feel that it is still the series' best. Persona 4 is thankfully a more challenging game than 5 and also carries the benefit of allowing full-party control; unlike Persona 3 which only allowed you to control the main character. The game also allows for full difficulty customization - which essentially gives the player the ability to make the game as hard or as easy as they want.

Persona 4 Golden is a must-buy for all fans of RPGs. This re-release is very cheap as well ($24 Canadian at the time of this review), which is an absolute steal.
  68. Jun 21, 2020
    This is a wonderful game, good balance between story and castle gameplay. I'm really glade Atlus released first persona game on pc
  69. Jun 14, 2020
    Honestly an amazing game, made me soo happy to find the pc re release. The story is great and despite the age, atlus really has made such a perfect game. I came from playing P5R and I’d still say this game is great.
  70. Jun 16, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden is an amazing game that can now be played on PC. The game was released a long time ago, so I do not dispute that there are more "technically and graphically cool" games. But Persona 4 Golden is a nice game to play. The game draws attention to acute social problems. Shows how important it is to accept other people and yourself. If you want an amazing story and characters,Persona 4 Golden is an amazing game that can now be played on PC. The game was released a long time ago, so I do not dispute that there are more "technically and graphically cool" games. But Persona 4 Golden is a nice game to play. The game draws attention to acute social problems. Shows how important it is to accept other people and yourself. If you want an amazing story and characters, Persona 4 Golden is for you. Gameplay can be set up incredibly easy(for those who only care about the plot) and very hard(for those who like to test themselves). Play Persona 4 Golden for the sake of enjoyment, not just for the sake of what would pass. Expand
  71. Jun 18, 2020
    Easily one of the best JRPGs of all time. I played the old PS2 version years ago but this version is a massive improvement. highly recommended to anyone who loves RPGs.
  72. Jun 19, 2020
    A great game finally where people can play it. My favorite of the Persona series since it doesn't make you feel like crap or treat your character like they're "just a kid". Only real down side is the added in character Marie is pretty meh compared to the add ons of 3 and 5
  73. Jun 19, 2020
    Good graphics, Good gameplay, REALLY GOOD social sim, And lastly Perfect dungeons.
  74. Jun 20, 2020
    This game is something special. Practically a steal for $20. Persona 4 Golden still holds up today as an amazing JRPG. A highlight of the game is the main cast. They may come across as boring at first, but as the game progresses and you get to know them, you realize that they are well-written, with realistic struggles and goals.

PROS: Characters, improved graphics, unique mechanics that

PROS: Characters, improved graphics, unique mechanics that are signature to the SMT series, low price, message and themes.

Cons: Boring and linear dungeons.
  75. Jun 27, 2020
    This text does not contain spoilers
    And that's just a short review, not all parts of the game, and it's just a summary.
    There is no need to criticize this game, the only thing that can be said is the combination of an interesting story, artistic gameplay and creative graphics.
  76. Jun 20, 2020
    One of the best jrpgs out there. Super comfy, fun and now on steam. If you're interested - don't think twice about this one.
  77. Jun 20, 2020
    Kind of the same as in the Vita, not much improvement but it didn't really need it as the game was already great. A total must play for any JRPG fan.
  78. Jun 20, 2020
    Bruh even though this game is old, it's still a great game. Would recommend anyone with people who likes story / slice of life and jrpg genre. Especially if you like waifus
  79. Jun 20, 2020
    I have no idea why this version has a lower critic score than the vita version when this one is the same game but has much better graphics and better user options and will have mods available. The only bad parts are things like story parts that didn’t age well.
  80. Jun 23, 2020
    This game is the only reason that I purchased a PS Vita when it first came out. I am so thrilled that it is now out on PC. This is an amazing RPG with great characters that I think any RPG fan would enjoy. If you have never played this game before, get it now! You're in for a treat!
  81. Jun 22, 2020
    Dgdgdrfdgfssgdfygdghfddusdhdghffddsssssssfsy heather thereof gggdfhhfghdggh of do h
  82. Jun 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Had this rpg for the psp vita. great game. Glad I got it for my pc. Cheaper on the pc. Expand
  83. Jun 22, 2020
    Великолепная игра. Рад, что хит с PS2 и PS Vita пользователи ПК смогли оценить по достоинству.
  84. Jun 22, 2020
    Probably one of my favourite RPGs of all time. So happy the definitive edition of this game is no longer trapped on the PSVita.
  85. Jun 22, 2020
    Persona is one of the well-made Japanese RPG games.
    Of course, the most interesting persona series is three and five.
    However, the reason why Persona 4 has a high rating is because it came out in PC version. Persona is, in a word, a game that goes to this world. Like Inuyasha or Digimon Adventure, it is a game that goes to this world. And it's also a mystery game. And it is RPG game
    Persona is one of the well-made Japanese RPG games.
    Of course, the most interesting persona series is three and five.
    Persona is, in a word, a game that goes to this world.
    Like Inuyasha or Digimon Adventure, it is a game that goes to this world.
    And it's also a mystery game.
    And it is RPG game like Pokemon.
  86. Jun 23, 2020
    Honestly I was really impressed by the murder mystery, it was well done. Moreover the cast was really well put together, each character felt unique and like they could be real people. The amazing voice acting really drove it home. This is a fantastic coming of age story, unique to JRPGs in that it gives you choices that were usually only to be found in Western RPGs. When everything wasHonestly I was really impressed by the murder mystery, it was well done. Moreover the cast was really well put together, each character felt unique and like they could be real people. The amazing voice acting really drove it home. This is a fantastic coming of age story, unique to JRPGs in that it gives you choices that were usually only to be found in Western RPGs. When everything was said and done, I found myself wishing for a part 2 a later years, where my PC stayed friends with the cast, and married his sweetheart Naoto Shirogane.

The gameplay was good enough to stay interesting, enemy weaknesses added a tactical element to gampley, but like most JRPGs the combat got a little repetitive. Dungeons were similar to old school rpg dungeons, like the original Elder Scrolls, and were of a rather dated design, with only two really standing out with any sort of uniqueness. I'd say that the dungeons were the down side. Being someone who grew up with the low-poly era of gaming e.g. FF7, Metal Gear Solid 1--the graphics didn't bother me that much, the models are lower end PS2 looking graphics, but there is still a nice anime art style that gives the characters a lot more life. Also ATLUS did put work into the back grounds, to make them HD.

Really this is a game with a lot of heart, I recommend it even to people who don't really like JRPGs as this one has much more character driven agency--similar to Mass Effect, which also means that there is a lot of value coming from replayability.

In a screwed up world, where we are getting game like The Last of Us 2, which are wholly nihilistic, with violence only included to make pretentious 'suffering porn', this older game shows us that you can have a darker themed game with a lot of light in it. With the sales and response to this game on Steam, I think ATLUS should think about bringing the other titles to the PC as well. I think this game is a solid 9/10.
  87. Jun 23, 2020
    I started the Persona series with 5, and once Golden came out on Steam I figured I'd try it out. 30 hours in and I'm not disappointed. Each of the three dungeons I've been to so far have been challenging and, but oh so satisfying once I beat them. Grinding is a little repetitive but you can get into a rhythm with it and knowing a Shadow's weakness helps out a lot. I enjoy the shuffle timeI started the Persona series with 5, and once Golden came out on Steam I figured I'd try it out. 30 hours in and I'm not disappointed. Each of the three dungeons I've been to so far have been challenging and, but oh so satisfying once I beat them. Grinding is a little repetitive but you can get into a rhythm with it and knowing a Shadow's weakness helps out a lot. I enjoy the shuffle time feature, I like having the chance to decide what I need most at that moment, is there a rare Persona with awesome stats that'd help me out perfectly for the next boss? Or am I short on cash and need a bit of a boost? There's always a useful card to be found which makes beating Shadows fun and rewarding. Sometimes you'll encounter a Shadow that'll kill you and your party in one hit, which isn't the nicest way to find out you need to raise your level a bit. The fact you have to restart from the beginning of the current floor every time you die makes dying feel frustrating, but it can also strengthen your resolve to survive and retain any cash, loot or experience you've gained on that floor already.

I really enjoy the cast of characters in this game, the Investigation Team; each member is charming and unique in their own way. Everyone gets their own moments in the spotlight, and seeing everyone face their darkest side of their personality at the end of their respective dungeons is a nice way to show the player who this character truly is, and it's satisfying seeing them come to their own conclusions on how they need to accept this side of themselves. I found Kanji's observations on the concept of manliness to be incredibly touching and mature, even if his Shadowy self's portrayal as a camp, lewd, gay man might now be seen as offensive to some. Yosuke's creepiness/pervy-ness is also annoying at times, and the scene in the tent with Kanji is quite cringe-worthy, but he redeems himself with some mature, genuine moments of connection with other characters. Though some attitudes may be outdated, and some of the humour may not have carried over well from Japan, the game is 12 years old, which makes it somewhat forgivable.

The daily grind of going to school, working a part time job, raising a social stat if you need a certain level of courage or understanding to talk to someone and sleeping, at which point the dynamic, frantic feeling of needing to solve a murder mystery can disappear, but raising a social link is always fun, with funny, heart-warming/breaking scenes coming from it. With every level of social link raised, I always feel closer to the characters, which helps make them feel real, making me work to earn their friendship (and helpful bonuses during combat).

In conclusion, this game is great, the characters are fun, the music is sublime, apart from questionable, outdated humour at times, and some repetitiveness, this is a thoroughly enjoyable game, and if you've never played the original I'd highly suggest you pick it up!

(Oh, and by the way, Chie is best girl)
  88. Jun 24, 2020
    Pointless review cuz this ridiculous website ignores the gamers, they wouldn’t let my review for last of us two post let’s see if this works
  89. Jun 23, 2020
    generally good game. as expected with the franchise. no new mechanics but atleast enjoyable. a fun time.
  90. Jun 26, 2020
    gosh darn it these peoples know how to make a game the right way. cant stop playing with my doggos
  91. Jun 28, 2020
    This is just one great gem that every RPG fans should play, that is one of my favorite ones at that and it always is fun to play through and now that it’s on pc it’s more easy to play for me.
  92. Jun 28, 2020
    Forget Royal remaking a still new game, cramming in a bunch of stupid new characters, and slapping it on the PS4 the original is already on, THIS is the kind of remake we want! This is the persona 4 people love, but with a nice little graphics polish and ported to PC so it is no longer trapped on discontinued systems. The only complaint is the animated cutscenes really needed work - theyForget Royal remaking a still new game, cramming in a bunch of stupid new characters, and slapping it on the PS4 the original is already on, THIS is the kind of remake we want! This is the persona 4 people love, but with a nice little graphics polish and ported to PC so it is no longer trapped on discontinued systems. The only complaint is the animated cutscenes really needed work - they look terrible and are glitchy as heck. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 23, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden is a magnificent opportunity, and even more so after the overwhelming success of Persona 5, to get to know one of the most beloved installments by the fans, which solidified the pillars of the franchise.
  2. Jun 23, 2020
    Persona 4 Golden was arguably the game to get on the Vita, among a library that's very unsung after Sony put that little portable out to pasture. Now that it's on one of the most accessible platforms in the world, there's little to no excuse for avoiding it. $20 is a steal for something that's going to last you a full month and keep you thinking about it for months to come.
  3. Jun 16, 2020
    While it almost lost me with the incredible amount of story and dialogue, it set me straight when the gameplay finally kicked in. The nearly perfect juggling act between wild visuals, great story, and familiar JRPG gameplay has me sold that I need to check out other Persona games in the series. Hopefully, they make them for the PC. Persona 4 Golden was an excellent PC game that deserves gamers’ time and attention.