7.4

1. Feb 25, 2021
    Fun to play overall but excessively difficult in my opinion. I get that roguelikes are meant to be challenging, but if you can never finish after many runs (I think I've done a couple dozen by now) then I think the bar is set too high. Maybe I'm just crap at it, but many of the situations it throws at you seem excessively unfair to me. Note that there is no story and no meaningful changesFun to play overall but excessively difficult in my opinion. I get that roguelikes are meant to be challenging, but if you can never finish after many runs (I think I've done a couple dozen by now) then I think the bar is set too high. Maybe I'm just crap at it, but many of the situations it throws at you seem excessively unfair to me. Note that there is no story and no meaningful changes between runs. You can unlock new characters and areas, but progress for this is very very slow, even though I paid extra for the coin doubler, which is frustrating. Worth buying if you like the card mechanics like me, but don't expect it to be a satisfying experience in the long term. Expand
  2. Aug 2, 2020
    Out of all the rouge-like card games I played in the recent years, this has to be the most addicting and well polished one. The variety of characters to choose from, the art style, the game balance and the interesting quests and riddles on the journey made this game almost a 10 for me.
    Only downside for me is the heavy luck based mechanics that can really make or break a complete run in the harder difficulties.
    Still I can recommend this game to everyone who is a fan of this genre 100%.
  3. Jul 28, 2020
    之前在移动端发现了这个游戏,被他的艺术风格所吸引,肉鸽LIKE类的游戏随机性非常大,与海盗探索大海的未知性一样,很多卡组要去慢慢发觉,不过运气真的很重要!!!!
  4. Nov 30, 2020
    Attracted by the art, I downloaded this game.
    Get addicted by the gameplay, I continued to play it.
    For tons of content to explore, I have spent hundreds of hours on this game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 12, 2020
    Pirates Outlaws is a very pleasant card game with clear rules and fairly soft entry conditions for beginners. A large roster of characters, several diverse worlds, from the tropics to cold seas, as well as increasing complexity leave an exceptionally positive impression. It is a pity that this project is not yet on the Nintendo Switch, where it would be most appropriate.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 25, 2020
    Dubbed ‘Sail the Spire’ it’s just a clone, but a clone well made. [06/2020, p.70]
  3. Jun 1, 2020
    In the end, Pirates Outlaws is a hidden gem of a game. It’s easy to pick up, has a wide variety of characters and strategies, and also offers enough depth for deckbuilding players players who really like to dig in. Strongly recommended!