6.7

1. Aug 3, 2014
    While I want to like this game, I don't. The game's start is too slow, with only a handful of encounters you can defeat. While I appreciate the RPG element of this game, I put it down after less than a couple hours of playtime.
  2. Aug 1, 2014
    Would've made a longer post, but Metacritic decided to say **** you" to me, so **** that.

Pixel Piracy, is one hell of a game, buy it, now. Support the Dev Mate.
  3. May 30, 2014
    I first dismissed Pixel Piracy because I am not fond of 2d side-scrolling games and even though I put in plenty of effort I failed to enjoy Terraria which was advertised as similar in form and function. Despite those discouragements I purchased Pixel Piracy because I had a coupon that reduced the price a bit and had finally become bored with Rogue Legacy (awesome game). Pixel Piracy hasI first dismissed Pixel Piracy because I am not fond of 2d side-scrolling games and even though I put in plenty of effort I failed to enjoy Terraria which was advertised as similar in form and function. Despite those discouragements I purchased Pixel Piracy because I had a coupon that reduced the price a bit and had finally become bored with Rogue Legacy (awesome game). Pixel Piracy has exceeded my expectations, its graphics and animations are charming in a minimalistic way and its sand-box rogue-like world creation increases its replay ability. There are still some bugs to work out, but the game play is easy to understand and I promise that if you give this game a half a chance it should at least be 20 hours of fun for you... also its resource requirements are minimal so you can play it on your back-up laptop :) Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2014
    Heyyo, this is from my Steam Review...

----------------------------- Heyyo, as much as I WANT to love this game since it's made by Relogic? The guys behind Terraria? This game's WAAAAYYY too buggy to call a proper release. The concept is great... but here's a few prime example bugs that are infuriating and preventing me from enjoying the game!!! Priates randomly revolting... EVEN MY
    Heyyo, this is from my Steam Review...

-----------------------------

Priates randomly revolting... EVEN MY CAPTAIN WHO WASN'T NEAR HUNGY (70%) AND HAD GOOD MORALE (89%)!!! WHAT... THE.... HECK!?!? lvl 40 and I lose him to what!? MAKES NO SENSE!

Pirates falling into the water... oh man, HOW many TIMES have I had to reload... BECAUSE I GAVE AN ORDER AND MY MID-GRAPPLE PIRATES TURN AROUND AND WALK INTO THE WATER AND DIE!?!?!?

Stuttering when scrolling sideways when you have 15+ pirates... ugh, I JUST want to go do things with my pirates, and the game is laggy only when un-paused.. annoying, but not game-breaking as the top two issues.

Pirates not cleaning up poop... I have 25+ pirates, and I have about 7 of them with cleaning... they don't clean or stand around with poop in their hands... morale keeps dropping fast. WHY!?

Just... furstrating... the game was fun, up until I had 15+ pirates and started exploring the danger lvl 4 zones. Now I wish this was still Early Access and on a bigger discount...
  5. Aug 7, 2014
    When I saw this game on sale on steam and saw all the positive reviews on metacritic, I hastily decided to snatch it up, but after playing the game for a little while, I'd say I snatched it up a little too hastily. There's so much that the game does right but also so much that it does wrong, and for each bug or glitch the game has, it overshadows what the game does right. Pixel Piracy'sWhen I saw this game on sale on steam and saw all the positive reviews on metacritic, I hastily decided to snatch it up, but after playing the game for a little while, I'd say I snatched it up a little too hastily. There's so much that the game does right but also so much that it does wrong, and for each bug or glitch the game has, it overshadows what the game does right. Pixel Piracy's success is, in my opinion, due in part to its piggy-backing off of the fame from its developer Re-Logic, who had a massive success with its own original title Terraria, which I greatly enjoyed because of its high quality. Quality is, however, where Pixel Piracy and Terraria's similarities end.

For all its addictive-ness and retro-graphics aesthetic, the mighty pirate ship that is Pixel Piracy is ridden with so many holes in its bottom such as bugs (crewmen often stuck in place), shoddy creation, and even basic spelling and grammar errors, which threatens to sink what would otherwise be a glorious galleon. Furthermore, the content which at first seems extensive, quickly becomes dull once you realize that there are only 2 different types of encounters you can have (3 if you count the bosses, which are just a difficult version of one of the other type of encounters). Likewise, although there are complicated game mechanics going on behind the scenes, the game does a poor job explaining what some of its own items do (e.g. "Thor's Undies").

Now I realize that Pixel Piracy is receiving patches almost every week, and that I'm sure lots of good additions and corrections are planned, however this game is the classic example of a premature release. I enjoyed it, but I would not have minded to wait a little longer to have a better first impression.

There are no critic reviews yet.