7.0

1. Apr 15, 2017
    I would have rated this release much higher if it was sold for original price + 5 or 6€. It doesn't offer anything new aside from some conveniency for the lazy casuals, which are not the audience intended for this game to begin with. It is especially grating with the GOG release considering that the Soundtrack of "Planescape: Torment" has been available for all owners of the game, everI would have rated this release much higher if it was sold for original price + 5 or 6€. It doesn't offer anything new aside from some conveniency for the lazy casuals, which are not the audience intended for this game to begin with. It is especially grating with the GOG release considering that the Soundtrack of "Planescape: Torment" has been available for all owners of the game, ever since GOG relaunched seven years ago... up until now.
    Beamdog, the new publishers of "Planescape: Torment", have chosen to sell the Soundtrack for a price that used to cover both the Soundtrack and *the game itself*.
    To make matters worse, they've also removed the original edition of the game from the store and effectively doubled its price by bundling it together with the twice as expensive "Enhanced Edition".
    The end result? Customers now have to pay 30€ for what used to cost 10€, a prime example of despicably unethical price gouging.
    Sad since Planescape Torment is a timeless classic whose name will be now associated to a shady company who aims to milk established RPG franchises by adding mods and ugly UI targeting the android market while forgetting about its main audience.
    There was a real opportunity for Beamdog here to finally do something right by hiring Mr. Avellone to add the original cut content and develop some areas he clearly stated would like to expand on in several interviews, But God forbid, that would have cost Beamdog some money and this EE would not be the easy cash grab presented to us now.
    "What can change the nature of a man?" After this, I've come to believe that the true answer is dialogue option number 5.
  2. Apr 11, 2017
    Man, part of me really envies these Beamdog hacks! Must be GREAT to feel yourself competent/talented enough to actually add ANYTHING of worth to a game like PS:T! Wish I was capable of deluding myself to such extremes. At least Avellone, who have to put food on the table since he is freelance, did all the heavy lifting so he didn't allow any fan fiction tier degeneracy to mar the narrativeMan, part of me really envies these Beamdog hacks! Must be GREAT to feel yourself competent/talented enough to actually add ANYTHING of worth to a game like PS:T! Wish I was capable of deluding myself to such extremes. At least Avellone, who have to put food on the table since he is freelance, did all the heavy lifting so he didn't allow any fan fiction tier degeneracy to mar the narrative of this timeless gem. But looking at that UI that Beamdog programmed with their feet I can tell that they have not lost thei magic touch from Siege of Dragonspear.

So this "Enhanced Edition" amount to a shameless cash grab to finance the next big project that the masterminds at Beamdog will gratify us in their effort to eradicate the toxic patriarchy. Offered at double the price of the original masterpiece, this low effort is a worthless addition from a parasite company.
  3. Jun 30, 2017
    Greedy MoFos
    Quote from Joewashere:

4. Apr 16, 2017
    In my opinion Planescape: Torment is the best narrative CRPG ever made. I've ranked that game here at 10/10 and i stand by my evaluation.

This release is a mod. A very basic mod, and there are better available for free . The main disadvantage of this mod is the price, and the fact, that the original game was removed from the market. Before this release one could have bought the game, use of the High resolution mods and few fixes (it will take you less then 30 minutes to deal with them) and enjoy the game as it was made.
    Now, you still get pretty much the same game with few changes:
    You get the zoom (the only good feature), tab to highlight interactable objects (questionable), autoloot (very bad idea for the game like Torment), and how to play pop-ups (useless for a game like Torment).

Nothing else was changed, nothing else is Enhanced. You'd expect a better UI (but there were better fan made UIs for this game), you'd expect better models (all you needed, is to rerender them in higher definition). But alas, you don't get it. There's nothing that defends the new price tag, and it is very clear, why the original game was removed from the stores - nothing justifies buying a new game, when you can get the old one, and follow few instructions to install mods online.
    So Original Planescape Torment - 10/10
    Beamdog's mod - 0/10
  5. Apr 11, 2017
    The only unique features are zoom function (which makes everything blurry and which isn't necessary if you'll choose the right resolution for your display), fugly UI, quick loot and Avellone's proofreading which doesn't affect gameplay at all, the rest (and more like Unfinished business) you can get for free. Not worth the price. What's worst however is that Beamdog is taking credit forThe only unique features are zoom function (which makes everything blurry and which isn't necessary if you'll choose the right resolution for your display), fugly UI, quick loot and Avellone's proofreading which doesn't affect gameplay at all, the rest (and more like Unfinished business) you can get for free. Not worth the price. What's worst however is that Beamdog is taking credit for something they hadn't done, Black Isle is the developer, they're only modders. Expand
  6. Dec 10, 2019
    A scam. Beamdog did nothing and charged a lot. Buy the original version, worls without problems, and with mods you can upscale.
    This isn't worth the Money. Buy the original version instead, its's cheaper.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jun 7, 2017
    If you haven’t played the game yet, fish out some cashish from your pocket and fix that serious oversight immediately. The work done by Beamdog on the remaster does not justify the purchase on its own, but Planescape: Torment is still the best RPG game ever created. [06/2017, p.46]
  2. May 30, 2017
    Planescape: Torment will continue to be a classic — a titan standing tall in the history of RPGs. However, the Enhanced Edition has only really enhanced the price and little else. Though I have to say, Planescape itself is okay. I know I may aggravate or annoy some fans who remember this title fondly or have even experienced it again and enjoyed the trip down memory plane, but if we’re being honest with ourselves, Planescape: Torment has not aged well. The writing is as engrossing as ever, yes, but even in that regard, so much more has been done with games like Pillars of Eternity. Certainly, the gameplay and controls could be better. I’m not here to give praise for the history and importance of Planescape, but to judge it as it stands today amongst whippersnappers, like Tyranny, who likely owe a great deal to what this title has done for RPGs.
  3. May 3, 2017
    Picked nits aside, there is no better time to explore the world of Planescape with this enhanced edition. The content of the game has aged extremely well, providing almost endless hours of top notch exploration, dialogue and story. Beamdog has done a great job with getting it running better on modern machines while not going overboard. It ran without a hitch on my humble, underpowered laptop. As a must play for returning fans and newcomers alike, there is no real reason to skip Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition. This is PC RPG gaming done right.