7.7

1. Nov 17, 2016
    I've been waiting for a game like this since the original roller-coaster tycoon, nothing has come close, until now! This really is the best Theme Park sim ever!
  2. Mar 10, 2017
    Frontier have pulled it off. Seriously, there had been a major drought in the Tycoon series and that awful game Atari put out recently was just an embarrassment to the series. This game is great because you can access user creations through the Steam Workshop. The customization is vast. Very happy with this game.
  3. Nov 17, 2016
    An exciting start already with many cool features, dark rides, water rides, object triggers and many more things planned in future updates. The developer has vowed to continuously support the game with updates of content for the foreseeable future.

Theme park creation a core feature supported by ground breaking tools, literally. Voxel based terrain editing, intuitive and flexible editing of objects from giant rides down to individual planks of wood; flexi-paint colouring of objects just to name a few. The existing community creations have been mind blowing even at the beta stage

Management of the park is in-depth from the overall work rosters of staff down to the amount of ketchup on the burgers. Balancing the books is actually an interesting challenge in the scenario mode. I look forward to the challenges of the release scenarios.

Sharing via the workshop is simply fantastic and the community already has already created an awesome collection of objects, rides and parks to let you easily jump right in and make a great park of your own in minutes; or edit to your liking if you wish.

The true next generation game of the theme park simulation genre. Every aspect of this game has been meticulously crafted by a passionate development team who has repeatedly shown respect to the community by listening to and acting on feedback.
  4. Nov 17, 2016
    Planet Coaster is a very deep, detailed, polished, and immersive theme park construction game that pretty much carried the genre to a whole new level all on its own. One can spend weeks playing this game and find every second spent playing it to be of pure bliss. A wide array of beautifully crafted objects/scenery items, passionately designed rides and coasters, and relatable NPCs willPlanet Coaster is a very deep, detailed, polished, and immersive theme park construction game that pretty much carried the genre to a whole new level all on its own. One can spend weeks playing this game and find every second spent playing it to be of pure bliss. A wide array of beautifully crafted objects/scenery items, passionately designed rides and coasters, and relatable NPCs will keep you glued to this game for significant portions of your day.

That being said, while it is a fantastic theme park builder, it lacks a bit in being a theme park manager simulator. I'm not saying its management aspects are bad. I just really wished a little more depth was added in that aspect of the game. I personally found the campaigns very straightforward. There may be a degree of difficulty, but nonetheless the solutions are very straightforward. And with a lack of failure scenarios, there is little to no incentive in actually paying attention to all aspects of managing your own park.

Then again, this is all my personal preference. And I hope - and believe - that these features might be added in future updates/DLCs.

After all is said and done, Planet Coaster is hands down the current best theme park simulator of the last decade, if not of all of history.
  5. Nov 17, 2016
    I have played theme park / amusement park simulation games since the first one... Bullfrog's Theme Park. I was instantly obsessed with the idea of creating this magical place of fun and enjoyment and virtual escapism. I then got to experience Rollercoaster Tycoon in 1999 and found out very quickly what obsession / addiction looks like. I spent hours, nights, mornings, days, weekendsI have played theme park / amusement park simulation games since the first one... Bullfrog's Theme Park. I was instantly obsessed with the idea of creating this magical place of fun and enjoyment and virtual escapism. I then got to experience Rollercoaster Tycoon in 1999 and found out very quickly what obsession / addiction looks like. I spent hours, nights, mornings, days, weekends playing this game. Then the sequel and eventually Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. RCT3 was the first time that series went 3D and of course by todays standards it looks a little rough and obviously dated in the graphics department but it was still highly enjoyable and very fun to play.

15ish years have passed and we have had a few attemps to revisit the genre. Thrillville, theme park world and a few others.... all failed to capture the magic that Rollercoaster Tycoon had. It was missing a special sauce and special ingredient.

This brings us to Planet Coaster. I first heard about this game while searching Frontier's corporate website and mentioning it in a paragraph for their earnings statement on the success of their other self published game Elite Dangerous. I instantly was intrigued and not soon after I read that there was a trailer, a pre-rendered trailer with a really catchy song and dripping with charm. I felt those feelings that RCT gave me, I felt my face get flushed with excitement but I know better because pre-rendered trailers are typically not what we get in the "final game". This might very well be the first time, ever that the final game looks BETTER than the pre-rendered CG trailer.

Planet coaster makes it very easy (once you learn the controls) to create anything you want. Using a wide array of props and building objects. I must say I am terrible at games like Minecraft or other games where I have to build stuff. It just always looks... bad. In Planet coaster that is almost impossible. Every piece/prop/item you use can be used in so many different and unique ways (look at the steam workshop for examples).

The rides feel real, they exist they have physics and weight and aren't just "animated". They feel like machines, big huge machines that I fell in love with as a kid dreaming of one day being able to design a theme park where it felt real and also far from reality.

I often compare this game to that of a PIXAR movie... the character like Chief Beef and Coaster King and many others within the game all have charm, personality and are very very lovable and very "cartoon" based. But in that magical PIXAR way. Like Woody and Buzzlightyear. But those characters exist in a real world with machines, and physics and trees and water and light...oh the lighting in this game is breath taking.

I can ramble and go on for days about this game but I must tell you... this is hands down the best game I have ever played and easily the best game of the year and of the decade. I hope you love it as much as I do.
  6. Nov 17, 2016
    There is extremely little not to like about this game. Fantastic gameplay, great performance and the details are incredible. If you are even remotely interested in the genre of theme parks, city building, etc. Plane Coaster is a must buy without any doubt.
  7. Nov 17, 2016
    Simulation has truly evolved! One of the best simulation games ever made, and the attention to detail is just wonderful. I'm building the park I dreamt of as a kid, and I'm have a fantastic time doing it. It's pure creation.
  8. Nov 17, 2016
    Frontier really do not give us much to complain about. The absurd level of detail and customization given to the hands of the player makes it easier than ever to create your dream park. This game will stick with you wherever you may go; not only with you humming to its incredibly catchy and beautiful music while at work, but also with the bajillion ideas of things what you want to add toFrontier really do not give us much to complain about. The absurd level of detail and customization given to the hands of the player makes it easier than ever to create your dream park. This game will stick with you wherever you may go; not only with you humming to its incredibly catchy and beautiful music while at work, but also with the bajillion ideas of things what you want to add to your park, making you eager to come back home and begin playing it again. Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2016
    Everything the community wanted from a Coaster game since its predecessor.

Building aspect: 10/10
    Managing aspect: 10/10
    Sharing on Steam aspect: 10/10

Final verdict: 10/10
  10. Nov 17, 2016
    Yes, its here, best simulation game for 2017.
    All perfect, grapichs, audio, ui, gameplay...
    Thats the new RCT, thaks Frontier for lisen the comunity, this game its perfect.
    Now its time to create! And wait expansions packs!
  11. Nov 17, 2016
    One of the greatest Theme Park Simulator, Management Game of this decade. The amazing gameplay plus the soundtrack is one of best gaming experience of my life!
  12. Nov 17, 2016
    Planet Coaster is simply a magnificent game a true successor to roller coaster tycoon 3 developed by the same developers Frontier although this time with out atari publishing the game hence the game's title

I've been playing the beta since it was made available in november 2016 its a terrific game made by a terrific company after a few hours of launched me and many other players suffered issues this was promptly sorted with two updates pushed out the same night with continuing improvements and features added throughout the week

Sandbox Mode
    I mainly use sandbox mode to create my parks this is a great way for people who know exactly what they want as they have unlimited funds to build the craziest theme parks known to man it is also a great way to test the game and push its boundaries whether thats mastering the build and coaster controls or creating death coasters which send crowds soaring for miles like a huge set of bowling pins it really is the best way for the creative mind to play the game

I haven't looked to greatly in to the other modes but if your the more planning kinda of builder a do recommend the challenge mode this is a great mode as you have a small amount of money to build your park in doing this you have to plan every plant path shop or ride to ensure you don't go bankrupt
    And if you are to lazy or simply don't feel like building a park i recommend the career mode this comes with prebuilt parks where you will be given set tasks to achieve each park you can choose a easy to hard task mode which you complete in three stages

All in all this is a great game for any creative or planning mind and i highly recommend it if you play any sort of simulation game whether it be the rct series parkitect cites skylines or even minecraft

I Wish frontier well in the future post release development and i am very excited at the possibility of coming dlc and updates which will be filled to the brim with accurate rides and hundreds of goodies
  13. Nov 17, 2016
    Frontier has developed a game that us 'coaster nuts' have only dreamed of having. They have put together the best theme park simulator game since Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. We can now truly let our imagination run wild. Everything from the piece by piece building to the coaster editor is great and fun to use. I've played thru the alphas and betas, Frontier has put allot of passion into PlanetFrontier has developed a game that us 'coaster nuts' have only dreamed of having. They have put together the best theme park simulator game since Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. We can now truly let our imagination run wild. Everything from the piece by piece building to the coaster editor is great and fun to use. I've played thru the alphas and betas, Frontier has put allot of passion into Planet Coaster, with every update, the game got bigger and better. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2016
    I've been in the Beta for the last few days and this game is just brilliant! It is everything any fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games could want. This truly is the best theme park simulator ever. Well done Frontier!
  15. Nov 17, 2016
    Planet Coaster is everything theme park builders have been dreaming about for the last ten years. The sound design has to be my favorite part of the game too, so much detail has gone into it. An overall amazing game.
  16. Nov 17, 2016
    This is RollerCoaster Tycoon 4! I like everything in Planet Coaster. You can build your dream park in Planet Coaster. The building tool is soo good. Everything is of high quality! Maybe Game Of The Year 2016!
  17. Nov 20, 2016
    Great Game. I very patiently followed this game from the start, it has been an incredible development to watch, they listened to the fans and gave us almost everything we cried out for, and holy cosmic cow they have nailed it! Beautiful visuals, incredibly detail, customisable rides, scenery and shops and an inspiring soundtrack. No regrets!
  18. Nov 17, 2016
    Absolutely wonderful game. Made with love and care for the desires of the community :D It maybe doesn't have as much rides as RTC3 but it's so much more powerful in every way! Must have!
  19. Nov 17, 2016
    I've been playing games like this ever since the original Theme Park by Bullfrog, and this is the best I have played so far. The things you can do with the rollercoaster track editing alone make it worth buying. The terrain terraforming, the scenery, the lighting and, of course, the guests in your park are so well done. The management system could do with a few changes, but nothing'sI've been playing games like this ever since the original Theme Park by Bullfrog, and this is the best I have played so far. The things you can do with the rollercoaster track editing alone make it worth buying. The terrain terraforming, the scenery, the lighting and, of course, the guests in your park are so well done. The management system could do with a few changes, but nothing's perfect I guess.

I would highly recommend this game for anyone into theme parks or building sims. It is truly excellent.
  20. Nov 17, 2016
    I've been waiting for a Park Sim Game since RCT3 in 2003. Well, it's finally here and the only thing I can say is... Planet Coaster is by far the best park management game ever made.
  21. Nov 17, 2016
    The good

Terrific building tools, and customization options. Terrific terrain editing engine. Top notch sound design and soundtrack. Very good graphics, good customization options. Good UI design, and plenty of editable shortcuts. Workshop integrates seamlessly to the game. Sharing options are pretty good. Addicting as well as relaxing gameplay. The game also has
    The good

Terrific building tools, and customization options.

Terrific terrain editing engine.

Top notch sound design and soundtrack.

Very good graphics, good customization options.

Good UI design, and plenty of editable shortcuts.

Workshop integrates seamlessly to the game. Sharing options are pretty good.

Addicting as well as relaxing gameplay. The game also has character and charm.

The bad

Some bugs and optimization issues at launch.

No proper in-game tutorial affects the NPE (new player experience).

The games' systems need some time for the casual player to get used to them. From the camera to the path system to the building tools.

The management simulation (especially its micro options) has not moved as far as the other aspects of the game, when comparing it to past games in the genre.

More campaign scenarios needed (as well as a custom scenario editor).

More content in general would be welcome.

No proper modding support at this point in time. Also, the inclusion of Denuvo to the game may thwart modding.

Some weird building and customization restrictions are in.

The ugly

The game is giving me a serious inferiority complex each time I browse the workshop.

Time is passing by too fast when I play this, and at the end of each playing session I've made...jack ****

10/10, would spend 23 hours on making a rustic toilet again...
  22. Nov 17, 2016
    The details in this game are awesome like music track that changes according to your coaster track, every bolt on a coaster track, guests that watch your attractions when they walk by, etc..
    Building is easy and even something simple can looks great. Sure you need to get used with the shortcuts, but these games are made to sink some time in. Plopping down stuff can be realised with blueprints from the Steam Workshop. Audio (sound effects and soundtrack) are 10/10 and you can play your own custom music on a speaker or ride.
    Hopefully this game does well enough and can get expanded in the near future. There are a little bit less rides compared to older games (not counting expansions), but the animation and looks of these rides got a lot more attention. In older games there were at least 5 rides that were horrible. With these you find yourself just watching it over and over.
  23. Nov 17, 2016
    It's a really good game lot's of management options and although the guests are cartoonish looking they behave like humans. This game feels like real life job, countless of management options. Realistic looking rides and great building tools. Don't look any further and purchase this awesome game. cannot wait for future DLC or free updates.
  24. Nov 17, 2016
    Amazing game. Everything about this game is on point and a ton of fun to play. The developers listened to the player's feedback through the entire process and have created an amazing piece of art.
    0 Comments S
  25. Nov 17, 2016
    Amazing music, amazing graphics, amazing gameplay. Had to force myself to stop playing this the first day I bought it...You cannot go wrong with this one!
  26. Nov 17, 2016
    The real spiritual to RCT3. Aside from a few small bugs that will no doubt be fixed shortly after release, this game is perfect. I cannot wait to see what insane creations will be made in the years to come. You can really see the care that has gone into this game and the devs have listened to community feedback every step of the way. Well done Frontier! Best theme park sim hands down.
  27. May 1, 2017
    I gave this game 8 on 10 so for me it's a quite nice game. Biggest issue for me regard its performance. They are pretty bad also on a medium-high system. More your park grew up more pfs go down. I know that Planet Coaster provide good quality graphic and nice phisycs. but I believe developers could optimyzed better the game make it more stable. Also if you set your graphic lower theI gave this game 8 on 10 so for me it's a quite nice game. Biggest issue for me regard its performance. They are pretty bad also on a medium-high system. More your park grew up more pfs go down. I know that Planet Coaster provide good quality graphic and nice phisycs. but I believe developers could optimyzed better the game make it more stable. Also if you set your graphic lower the problem still there.
    Even though the game is exspandable with infinite possibility the poverty of building already made make place a shop or facility frustrating because you have to build everything by your own. For this reason I would have preferred a more consistent choice of default buildings.
  28. Mar 22, 2017
    Planet Coaster is the true RCT sequel. There are some problems here and there but for a Theme Park game it feels very clean. Sadly the management side of the game feels dry, boring and pretty easy which is why sandbox is the best mode because to acknowledge the greatness of the game you need to have free reign. Building is a real strength in this game and this game hands down has the bestPlanet Coaster is the true RCT sequel. There are some problems here and there but for a Theme Park game it feels very clean. Sadly the management side of the game feels dry, boring and pretty easy which is why sandbox is the best mode because to acknowledge the greatness of the game you need to have free reign. Building is a real strength in this game and this game hands down has the best modular building out of any theme park game yet. The terrain tool is amazing you have so much freedom with it. Building mountains, caves, and lakes has never been so simple. And finally the coasters and rides. The coasters are simple and fun you can really do anything you want with the track even though it's piece by piece. The rides are greatly designed but sadly there are not enough but I can deal with the smaller selection for now since they are adding new rides very often. Overall this game has a cartoony and realistic which brings a smile to my face since games always need a little heart but they also need a real feeling as well. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2016
    Extreme fun to play and very versatile. Basically anything you can think of, you can build. Some nitpicks here and there regarding certain ways of constructing (e.g. struggling sometimes to build the exact path I want), but as the developers seemed to be very dedicated to addressing community concerns, I suspect most of these will be ironed out in due time.
  30. Nov 17, 2016
  31. Nov 18, 2016
    This is the best coaster building game I've ever played. There are some flaws, but those are easily forgotten when the rest of the game shines so bright.
    So far the only gripe I have is that the management isnt quite as strong as the creative aspect. But the creative aspect really is fantastic
  32. Nov 17, 2016
    This game is literally the game of my dreams and MORE ever since I first played Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 where my childhood imagination was captured by the pure possibilities of the creative freedom. While RCT 3 filled that gap there were many aspects of that title that felt never closed the visual in my mind.

So... Planet Coaster, fulfills that visual gap, and allows you to make

So... Planet Coaster, fulfills that visual gap, and allows you to make truly stunning parks, down to every bolt and detail. You get lost in the detail for hours on hours. People talk of civ being "just one more turn". Planet coaster, manages to pull the same feeling, "just one more tweak" and the day quickly fades away. While some of the content is currently light on, it is all of the HIGHEST quality, there is more than enough to be creative with out feeling limited. In fact it is really endless, and the way the lighting captures my creations just fills me with smiles.

Frontier have done an AMAZING job producing a game that ticks almost all boxes. I have never been so hyped for a PC game as this in the last 10 years! I'm excited for the possibilities of ongoing add-ons and releases.

Buy this game.
  33. Nov 18, 2016
    I had Theme Park on the Sega Mega Drive on release, same with all of the first Rollercoaster Tycoons. I loved them. They stole hundreds of hours of my life, especially RCT3. And then the long wait began for something that would capture that magic again, as everything else just seemed inferior.

Over a decade later, you can imagine my excitement when this pops up out of the blue. Although having low expectations (you'd understand that if you've tried pretty much any theme park sim since RCT3!), it was an instant purchase.

Am I disappointed again? In a word, no, but not without caveats.

Planet Coaster features fantastic visuals and almost every sandbox option imaginable for a budding theme park designer. However, it falls down a bit on the theme park management side of things, but I'll come to that later.

The core gameplay is fantastic, but not innovative. This is a modern take on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, almost to a fault. That's not exactly a bad thing, as that title pretty much set the gold standard, but it is slightly disappointing to not see anything really expanded beyond that, even though the game itself benefits from the tight mechanics that the RCT series established years earlier.

Graphically, it's sublime - cartoon style graphics which aid the fun factor of the whole title, and it never falls into the trap of taking itself too seriously and devolving into Football Manager for Theme Parks.

That said, the title does have very obvious flaws. The biggest one is the difficulty curve - as in it doesn't exist. This is an incredibly easy title right now, and I'm hoping that patches give a bit more of a challenge, as it really lets down the management aspect of the game when you are on auto-pilot 15 minutes in without any reasonable chance of failure in most scenarios.

The other glaring flaw is the lack of ride variety. Sure, there's quite a bit here, but you'd have hoped for a truly breathtaking array of options. It's just so-so right now. Furthermore, the menus are a bit cumbersome - not bad by any means, but could be improved.

But these are nitpicks. As said, I'm hoping that the game is patched and these issues are addressed, so for now I can "only" score it a 8, but this really doesn't need much to be a 9 or even a 10, because it could very easily be the standard bearer for the whole genre with just a few tweaks.

It's worth a buy right now. This title has completely caught me by surprise, and it's a pleasure to play a title that is so clearly a labour of love from a very talented team of devs.
  34. Nov 21, 2016
    Lets start with the good:
    Lets start with the good:
    -I had been out of the loop for a while and when I saw RCT World, I thought that was the follow up to the classic RCT games and was so disappointed with the reviews and videos of that game. Then I found this game (not easy to find since its not in the normal stores) took the plunge buying directly from Frontier (not a bad price) and am blown away by it, especially right after launch, very few issues.
    -the UI is 100X better than the previous games and love that they let you upscale the text (when using a 3440x1440 monitor this is very helpful), my 7 year old would go so lost in the RCT3 menus and picked this one up pretty quickly (as did I).
    -Build options and ease of steam workshop to download stuff is amazing, can make your park into whatever you want (more on that in negatives though).
    -Biggest positive is that it feels very familiar to old games but with every little detail improved and/or expanded.
    -Game is beautiful at 3440X1440, can see so much of the park at once, using a 980 Ti there have been very few issues.

As is this game is actually probably a 7, but I gave it a 9 because its better than I expected and I think with a few "updates" it will easily be a 9.

Negatives:
    -from what I can tell so far you have to build coater or paths and then build ground around it to make a tunnel, vs being able to go underground in the old games pretty easily.
    -terrain tool doesn't always work like you would think it would, water included, could use some improvements.
    -there are lots of roller coaster options but the thrill/kids rides are a little limited compared to old games. To go along with this there are no animal options or water park options, but I am guessing those will be "expansions" in the future (which I am okay with), just wish they had more non roller coaster ride options.
    -lack of scenery options, the ones they have are really cool and work great, but get repetitive if building the entire park with the same theme. Again maybe more will come with expansions in the future.
    -I wish you could walk around with your Avatar, they have you create one but I think its just for the "community" part of the game, it would be great if you could activate your avatar to walk around the park (look around, go on rides).
  35. Nov 24, 2016
    Amazing game, just fantastic, Roller Coaster Tycoon was a good game, but now Planet Coaster is better, amazing game.¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
  36. Nov 17, 2016
    Absolutely fantastic theme park simulation. True successor to the old franchises.

- Great graphics
    - Excelent soundtrack + audio
    - Big selection of atractions
    - Steam workshop = endless fun

Really exciting simulation and must buy game for all builders.
  37. Nov 17, 2016
    If you are like me and played endless hours of RCT3, then I could not recommend this game enough. The customisation is on another level, which can be overwhelming at first, however once familiarised with the controls and the objects used to building the possibilities are endless. The coasters are great giving you complete freedom. The soundtrack is gorgeous. The lighting and graphics areIf you are like me and played endless hours of RCT3, then I could not recommend this game enough. The customisation is on another level, which can be overwhelming at first, however once familiarised with the controls and the objects used to building the possibilities are endless. The coasters are great giving you complete freedom. The soundtrack is gorgeous. The lighting and graphics are beautiful.
    I could go on for hours about how great this game is!
  38. Nov 18, 2016
    A creative paradise, yet it lacks a lot that its predecessors had. The management system is the worst offender. One mechanic will service your entire park, no need for security guards, guests will pay a ridiculous amount of money for rides, and as such the scenarios lack any challenge. But if you just want to build a park and relish in what you created, then this game is for you! My adviceA creative paradise, yet it lacks a lot that its predecessors had. The management system is the worst offender. One mechanic will service your entire park, no need for security guards, guests will pay a ridiculous amount of money for rides, and as such the scenarios lack any challenge. But if you just want to build a park and relish in what you created, then this game is for you! My advice is to wait for a sale, personally. I kinda regret paying full price, but when playing the game, everything is right in the world. Expand
  39. Nov 17, 2016
    A great game with great gameplay and scenario's. Only negative points are the log flume that they seem to have rushed a bit and I'm missing a scenario editor, which is a missed opportunity now that the game integrates with Steam Workshop. Imagine what other could do with all these tools to create a scenario!

I have to admit, I was skeptic about this game in the beginning. All the

I have to admit, I was skeptic about this game in the beginning. All the animations and graphics would be too much for a PC to handle and they would focus too little on the actual gameplay and scenario's. However after seeing the first Alpha I just had to buy and try it. When the second Alpha was released I was sold, this game would be great and would be the proper sequel to the RCT franchise. Then Alpha 3 rolled around and we got even more stuff. Now they just announced the number one requested feature: water rides. This shows frontier does listen to the community.
  40. Nov 17, 2016
    Extremely happy with this game. I've been playing it since first alpha was available and the level of commitment the team shows and the response time they have is amazing! They really listened to all comments. Planet Coaster is by far better than RCTW when it comes to graphics, level of detail and playability. I really really love this game, haven't been as much fan of a game for years andExtremely happy with this game. I've been playing it since first alpha was available and the level of commitment the team shows and the response time they have is amazing! They really listened to all comments. Planet Coaster is by far better than RCTW when it comes to graphics, level of detail and playability. I really really love this game, haven't been as much fan of a game for years and years. Nothing to complain about, buy this if you can :) Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2016
    Incredibly impressed with this game, graphics, mechanics, gameplay all surpass expectations. It really is a sandbox that you can just go nuts with and with the tools provided it offers this in a concise navigable UI. I'm sure you will get your moneys worth, and all this with a responsive dev team making consistent tweaks through updates. How it should be done.
  42. Nov 17, 2016
    This is such an incredible game! Every gamer should give this game a try! Don´t miss this one out! Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, love for details is so amazing you have never seen in a game in this genre before! If you want to be creative, or a manager, a lurker or whatever this is the place to be! This is a straight 10 out of 10 game, where you can feel the passion and love of the devs. TheyThis is such an incredible game! Every gamer should give this game a try! Don´t miss this one out! Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, love for details is so amazing you have never seen in a game in this genre before! If you want to be creative, or a manager, a lurker or whatever this is the place to be! This is a straight 10 out of 10 game, where you can feel the passion and love of the devs. They don´t make false promises and deliver awesomeness all the time. They listen to the community and have made the game of our dreams. With a lot of great things to come in the future, this game will grow bigger and bigger. Be part of it! You won´t regret it! I am a gamer since pong, and this is the best game ever made, no joking! Even if you are not into theme parks, don´t miss this one out! Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2016
    This is the game that we have all been waiting for. 10 years in the making, this game hits it out of the park! The details are amazing. The user face is flawless. Bravo to this game as it is well worth the $45. Expansions packs?
  44. Nov 21, 2016
    This is it. The ultimate coaster simulator. I have been big on No LImits for the realism. While Planet Coaster doesn't quite reach their level of realism, the tools and controls are a little easier to learn and take less time. This game requires patience for the detail oriented people, and if you are creative, this game has limitless potential. I love the integration to steam workshop.This is it. The ultimate coaster simulator. I have been big on No LImits for the realism. While Planet Coaster doesn't quite reach their level of realism, the tools and controls are a little easier to learn and take less time. This game requires patience for the detail oriented people, and if you are creative, this game has limitless potential. I love the integration to steam workshop. Importing custom buildings and scenery is easy. Building something from scratch takes time but is fairly easy. You can make dark rides like those at Universal or Disney. Go on Youtube and see what people have created. Its incredible. This game has left the grid. You can make curved baths and bend the track to your will. You can also make the queue size skinny like its supposed to be. My only gripes is that you have to make a new coaster to make a transfer track adjacent to the coaster. Is it necessary? No but its all in the details. I also wish you could use launches on more coasters. RMC has a launched coaster. I should get the option to do LSM lift hills. Back to the good, the game has great management simulation. You even have fast pass options. The level of detail is above and beyond RCT3. They seriously did an excellent job. This was worth the wait. Expand
  45. Nov 18, 2016
    Planet Coaster is very fun and gives you an incredible amount of creative space. This is without a doubt the true successor to the Roller Coaster Tycoon franchise. The update track building system is next to flawless as is the piece-by-piece builder.

However, I cannot give this full marks at the time of release because of how much the developers sacrificed in content. In comparison to how many flat rides and variations of coasters there were in previous games, PC is severely lacking. Most of these are not serious issues (drop towers and tower swings are a fixed height that you cannot change), while others are more noticeable (there is no "splash boats" equivalent at this time). What is more glaringly obvious, are the trade-offs in what you can no longer do with tracked rides: as far as i can tell coasters must be continuous circuit-no "boomerangs" or "vertical velocity"s here. Trains can also no longer go back and forth through the station, a la Premiere Rides "Sky Rocket II" model. In addition, the log flume is very limited.

It sounds like I'm nitpicking (because, to be fair, I am), but in my mind these are important things that have been overlooked and which greatly affect the variability of the parks you can create. My hope is that Frontier will keep developing these things to eventually add as updates or extensions. Without them, PC is still an extremely fun and intricate game that gives you incredibly creative freedom, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys building and simulation games. I just feel some things could have been further developed instead of settled.
  46. Nov 21, 2016
    I have been a die-hard Rollercoaster Tycoon Fan ever since the 1st one released back in 1999 :) - I know... im old.

I was very skeptical in buying Planet Coaster since I wasn't really excited by Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.... But just went for it and bought it. I have never been so sucked into a game with so much flexibility and creativity, it's crazy! And I've only played about 5 hours

I have never been so sucked into a game with so much flexibility and creativity, it's crazy! And I've only played about 5 hours so far...

PROS:
    + So far the game feels and runs smoothly with my machine (even when there are over 1000 people in my park)
    + Graphics look awesome!
    + Overwhelming amount of creative tools to create whatever you want
    + Rollercoaster designer is really fun (takes a bit to get used to the controls but once you figure them out its not hard to create a coaster)
    + Streamlined Management and Additions that made Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 great!
    + When loading a previous save game, it is really really fast loading it up (I have it on the highest settings too)
    +.... there's probably alot more I havent seen yet

CONS:
    - None (so far)

THANK YOU, PLANETCOASTER!
  47. Nov 21, 2016
    An awesome game, that can be the best nowadays, if Frontier give it some updates, like weather, more tracks, coasters, rides, facilities and functions.
  48. Nov 19, 2016
    This game is fantastic. It has a few small wrinkles that need to be ironed out, but as it stands it's already the best roller coaster/theme park sim ever made. The attention to detail is mind boggling, and you can tell this game was made with love by people who care.

Pros: - Amazing visual effects and art direction - Good sound music and sound effects - UI is powerful and intuitive;

Pros:
    - Amazing visual effects and art direction
    - Good sound music and sound effects
    - UI is powerful and intuitive; building a coller coaster is a joy and the only limit is your imagination
    - Lots of doodads for creating custom scenery and buildings

Cons:
    - Park management is a bit shallow and needs some quality of life tweaks
    - Currently a somewhat limited selection of rides compared to some RCT entries
    - Missing some coaster options like reverse launch and powered launch that hopefully will get added later

Overall, if you have EVER played a Roller Coaster Tycoon game and loved it, buy this game.
  49. Nov 20, 2016
    It's a decent game! It doesn't feel completely finished, as there are few rides so far. Although it feels like roller coaster tycoon 3 remastered, I'm exited to see where the devs take this.
  50. Feb 1, 2018
    I see this one as a sequel to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 which is great as well. Finally a great modern Tycoon game.
  51. Nov 17, 2016
    This game singlehandedly saved the theme park simulation genre. Steam Workshop support makes the game particularly extensible. Performance is more than adequate on modern hardware. I look forward to features added in new updates, particularly more scenarios for the career mode. (Expansion pack incoming, maybe?)
  52. Nov 17, 2016
    This is what Rollercoaster Tycoon World, heck, even Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 should have been. The game is not hard to play, yet challenging and fun enough to keep you playing. You really get that feeling you are in a theme park. I can not wait for the awesome creations of the community. I bet someone is already building your favorite real-life theme park. This will be bigger than Minecraft,This is what Rollercoaster Tycoon World, heck, even Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 should have been. The game is not hard to play, yet challenging and fun enough to keep you playing. You really get that feeling you are in a theme park. I can not wait for the awesome creations of the community. I bet someone is already building your favorite real-life theme park. This will be bigger than Minecraft, so prepare your kids, a new game is in town, and it is awesome.

Why this gets a 10 and not an 11, is because you need a pretty hefty GPU in order to play this game at decent settings at WQHD or UWQHD.
  53. Nov 21, 2016
    A superb theme-park game with a brilliant feel to it.
    The cartoonish style makes it very pleasant to look at and to play with.
    Only thing that could be better is the park-management.
    Not very 'deep' unfortunately.
  54. Nov 22, 2016
    I Love this Game it is not perfect and the performance is bad if your park is full but it makes everything right for a good reboot of the RCT Series.
    Probably the best Rollercoaster sim game to ever come out, give the community more time and I am sure the Workshop will be filled with some AMAZING creations.
  55. Nov 17, 2016
    Planet Coaster is an excellent theme park continuation from Frontier, that lacks content but makes it up with charm. The smart AI and overall animations of characters & rides makes this simulation game one of the best in it's genre. However it's unpolished construction mode and awkward camera controls really plague the game from being perfect.
  56. Dec 6, 2016
    Absolutely fantastic game made by Frontier. And if their other game, Elite Dangerous, is anything to go by, the post-launch support will be awesome as well.

Can't wait to see what more they add to this game.
  57. Nov 24, 2016
    The best roller coaster game on the market hands down. It's been a long wait to finally get a decent game in this genre and Planet Coaster delivers. It is a great base game with potential for a lot of DLC/Expansions. There are some things to fix and tweak along the way such as management depth but you can't go past the breath taking visuals and freedom to create and build the park of yourThe best roller coaster game on the market hands down. It's been a long wait to finally get a decent game in this genre and Planet Coaster delivers. It is a great base game with potential for a lot of DLC/Expansions. There are some things to fix and tweak along the way such as management depth but you can't go past the breath taking visuals and freedom to create and build the park of your dreams. You will lose many hours on this one, make sure you have a decent PC to play this one or upgrade, it will be worth it. Expand
  58. Nov 19, 2016
    I do see the potential of the game. Good visuals, lot of possibilities, good game engine. A lot of freedom to build the coasters. More than any other comparable game. But I am a bit dissapointed with the controls and interfaces.
  59. Jan 9, 2017
    Quem busca um gerenciamento melhor é só optar pelo concorrente, o jogo está muito bom, a minha critica fica apenas quando o parque se torna grande e cheio de pessoas, o desempenho do jogo cai.
  60. Dec 17, 2016
    Since the new Update has been released, the managing part of PC ahs been much easier and more fun, i can definitely recommend this game! Overall, if you enjoyed RCT1/2/3 or NoLimits Coaster, this is the game for you.
  61. Jan 27, 2017
    If you are either new to amusement park sims or were a fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 or 3, Planet Coaster probably has many entertaining hours in store for you. I've got about 40 hours in so far and feel like I'm just getting started with it -- and loving every minute. There are at least four ways to enjoy this game. The more of these that appeal to you, the more you're likely to getIf you are either new to amusement park sims or were a fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 or 3, Planet Coaster probably has many entertaining hours in store for you. I've got about 40 hours in so far and feel like I'm just getting started with it -- and loving every minute. There are at least four ways to enjoy this game. The more of these that appeal to you, the more you're likely to get from it.

1. Creating. Just building an original, beautiful and fun amusement park can be very rewarding and enjoyable. Your only limit is your imagination. It's like Minecraft in this way and has really fantastic tools. The level of customization that's possible provides near limitless options. And you can share your creations with others if you wish. Building custom coasters takes the creation process even further, and the game doesn't prevent you from making something insane. This all provides a very similar satisfaction that RCT did, but the modern graphics and polish reinvent it to feel very fresh.

2. Visiting your creation. Building a beautiful park is one thing, but taking a stroll around it through the eyes of any of your guests can be enjoyable in its own way. The stunning graphics and attention to detail certainly help make this feel so good. It's a near-VR experience to look all around from a first-person perspective. It brings the feeling of being at an actual amusement park -- but one you invented and feel proud of. It's also fun to walk around some of the brilliant parks that others have shared. There are parks that are more amazing than any in reality.

3. Riding! From the motion to the sounds, it's very realistic feeling and a just a blast to ride any of the build-tin rides, or ones you've created, or some of the many inventive coasters built by others in the Steam Workshop. Even if you don't care about building a park, you can enjoy just this aspect of the game. And it's not just the coasters. Sitting atop the Screaminator -- looking down on the rooftops far below really does give the anticipation of that eventual drop. And you can feel it when it does! Getting plowed into by someone in the bumper cars almost jostles your from your seat.

4. Managing your park. This is completely optional. You can play entirely in sandbox mode and just enjoy the previous aspects of the game. But if you choose, you can take on the challenge of balancing all the business requirements of running an amusement park. This has a very similar feel to the original Roller Coaster Tycoon but with even more detail and even better presentation. And you can enjoy this aspect even if you don't care about walking around your park or riding anything.

To me, these four elements blend perfectly together. I enjoy them all and find myself experiencing a bit of each with each play of the game.

On top of all that, Planet Coaster is extremely stable and just very solidly and beautifully made. When you consider how many hours of entertainment it can provide, you can really get your money's worth from this one. Planet Coaster is a very well-earned 10/10.
  62. Jul 25, 2017
    Planet coaster is a fun sandbox in which you can live your dream of making your own theme park the game play is simple and fun and while at some points the massive amount of entities in your park can cause the game to lag them experience overall is still very fun...
  63. Jun 25, 2018
    Planet Coaster tries to recapture the magic of Rollercoaster Tycoon and mostly succeeds. My favorite is the challenge mode, which is more like the original RCT games than the scenario mode. I prefer RCT1 to its sequels, so YMMV.

The game is a bit difficult, and I find myself sticking with the "medium" challenge setting. I know some people probably go with hard/very hard but that is not how I play.

You will require a lot of research and it is all your own doing. You can't just set a budget and have the game research projects on its own schedule like in RCT. You specifically pay for every research you do, manually complete it, and then select another if you so choose.

You have several loan options to choose from, with more/better loans coming at lower difficulties. Once you get into the swing of things it's not too hard to make a profit.

There are a few areas for improvement. While coaster designing is more detailed than in RCT, it is not always intuitive. I do appreciate the new testing which shows you detailed ratings of g-forces and excitement/fear/nausea at every point in your rides.

Overall I would not recommend the scenarios or the sandbox compared to challenge mode.
  64. Apr 22, 2018
    This game brought me back to the realm of roller coaster and amusement park games. I got this game as a gift and honestly felt so compelled when playing it, sure it doesn't have that classic feel that Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 have but it still makes me feel like I am an owner of the park. I don't feel like I am stuck by any barriers or anything. It was a great game to just sit downThis game brought me back to the realm of roller coaster and amusement park games. I got this game as a gift and honestly felt so compelled when playing it, sure it doesn't have that classic feel that Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 have but it still makes me feel like I am an owner of the park. I don't feel like I am stuck by any barriers or anything. It was a great game to just sit down and play, the customization really brought out the best in this game, with so many options you could build your own park literally from the ground up. It wasn't as square as previous titles and the game runs really smoothly, even on some not so good set ups. Expand
  65. Sep 10, 2019
    Muy buen juego. Parques super personalizables. Un poco corto nivel de control de gestion, pero suficiente. Predomina mas la personalizacion que la gestion. Pero un juego sobresaliente.
  66. Feb 28, 2018
    A true successor to Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. The game has great graphics. There's plenty of themes to choose from (At the moment of writing these consist of Normal park, Western, Sci-Fi, Snow/Christmas, Fantasy/Medieval and Pirate). Because of the insane level of customization and how advanced the object placement is, you can create truly beautiful parks.

In the Steam workshop there's

In the Steam workshop there's alot of talented creators that share their buildings or rides for everyone to enjoy.

Recommended for anyone into simulation/building games. One of the best simulation games out there!
  67. May 30, 2018
    Great game. It’s way better than Roller Coaster Tycoon World and has some surprisingly funny humour and very realistic. One of the best business management games for a while now.
  68. Jun 29, 2017
    This game is the real, good successor to the Rollercoaster Tycoon series. As much as RCTW is a fail, is this game a masterpiece. 10/10 for artwork, sound and visuals. But with some fps-issues, a small lack of rides, themes and management. But this game is definitely worth a try if you like simulation/tycoon games. Good job, Frontier!
  69. Dec 6, 2019
    Incredibly fun game with a million customization options. The level of detail and control they give you is unreal. I just started playing it a month ago, and the bugs that people complained about years ago are fixed because I’m playing this on an older custom PC I built. If you play through the early career and get a footing for how it all, works, it’s amazing.
  70. Nov 1, 2018
    If you're looking for the perfect roller coaster building experience, then you've found it. It may take you quite a while to get the hang of it, but once you do, you'll be able to build the theme-park of your dreams.
  71. ldv
    Nov 28, 2018
    Planet Coaster is the greatest theme park simulation game of all-time. Great job Frontier.
  72. May 24, 2019
    Maybe you spend a little bit too much time on designing the park rather then really playing but... com on, be honest, is awesome this game!!!!
  73. Sep 2, 2019
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are great.
  74. Nov 17, 2019
    This is a really fun game! and once your sick or average play, you turn on noclip mode and make the worst coasters in the planet! win-win!
  75. Jun 10, 2020
    Fantastic graphics and amazing soundtrack. Paths aren't the best. Great game but it just lacks in innovation, try it out if you can.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 57 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 29, 2017
    Finally, a new amusement park tycoon king appeared. Playability is a brilliant game that lets you try every corner of your imagination. [Issue#277]
  2. Jul 12, 2017
    A maniacally detailed and complex system of scenery and rollercoaster construction ensures that if there is at least a piece of handyman in you, then you will spend hundreds of hours in Planet Coaster easily. And you will have fun. Players who are looking for dynamic playability or challenge will leave without a buck, but for the builders the game is a paradise.
  3. Feb 10, 2017
    You’ll rarely face a situation where you have an idea that the game wouldn’t let you expand on. Planet Coaster is just the most complete theme-park simulation game available.