8.1

1. Nov 13, 2019
    Good game that wasn't ready for release.

Good game that wasn't ready for release.

There are way too many bugs and issues in this game. From staff getting stuck on paths, animals dying of dehydration despite having water literally feet away from them, to being unable to resume a saved zoo. As I write this review, my game has been stuck on the loading screen indefinitely to a zoo I had about 10 hours of time into. It's looking like the zoo is lost at this point.

Planet Coaster wasn't anywhere this buggy when it launched. Unfortunately it looks like Planet Zoo was rushed out the door so it could release right before the holiday season. It really needed another 3-4 months of development time to iron out all the problems in this game.

It very easily has the potential to be a 8/10 or even 9/10 game but losing my franchise zoo was the last straw for me. I can't justify spending hours of my time in a game that's so riddled with bugs and issues. I have a lot of respect for Frontier and their games, so I wish I could rate this higher. I will come back to it in a couple months and see if they've fixed the most glaring issues with the game and then possibly edit my review.
  2. Nov 12, 2019
    placing paths is one of the most frustrating things that I have ever come up with in video games its so damn awful that it makes you want to kill yourself, you can't even place big square areas. same goes for building buildings even though you can make nice looking things its very time consuming and fixing little things is immensely frustrating. and top that there are constant crashesplacing paths is one of the most frustrating things that I have ever come up with in video games its so damn awful that it makes you want to kill yourself, you can't even place big square areas. same goes for building buildings even though you can make nice looking things its very time consuming and fixing little things is immensely frustrating. and top that there are constant crashes when starting the game
    or when you enter main menu.
  3. Nov 13, 2019
    This brings me back to my childhood playing the old Zoo Tycoon games, I am however missing some key features like playing as the Zoo Keeper and I also experienced a game breaking bug where my keepers wouldnt feed my flamingos... causing them to die.
  4. Nov 5, 2019
    Given what the game *could* be this is a potential 8. Unfortunately it was decided to sell it to people in this bug-riddled state where neither staff nor animals survive an hour without getting caught in some faulty coding, glitches and general wonkyness. It's a great game for the 5 minutes it takes to watch a trailer, but be careful to not get attached to the animals because they willGiven what the game *could* be this is a potential 8. Unfortunately it was decided to sell it to people in this bug-riddled state where neither staff nor animals survive an hour without getting caught in some faulty coding, glitches and general wonkyness. It's a great game for the 5 minutes it takes to watch a trailer, but be careful to not get attached to the animals because they will starve to death thanks to bad AI, and don't put too much work into anything because you will lose your progress thanks to crashes.

All of this was reported during the beta of this game, and yet here we are. Don't give into the hype. All you are going to miss out on is frustration and wasted time, and in a few month - maybe - you'll get the beautiful graphics and great animations and working mechanics on top of that.
  5. Nov 5, 2019
    Okay so what to begin with... Oh man this game is so great. I was playing with my gf during beta and i thought that the game had so large content already and yet they managed to give much more content for the premiere. I wont spoiler anything and I suggest not to look up any lists of animals because you will discover them alone and wont be dissapointed. Cheers from Poland
  6. Nov 5, 2019
    Utterly Unplayable! Do Not Buy! This game had some potential, for example the breeding programs (that's it basically). If it wasn't for the utterly terrible way of placement of -everything- in the game. Building walls becomes an absolute annoyance, want to change that wall? Good luck brotha, select each piece by piece at a time. Can't select the entire enclosure! ant to place anUtterly Unplayable! Do Not Buy! This game had some potential, for example the breeding programs (that's it basically). If it wasn't for the utterly terrible way of placement of -everything- in the game. Building walls becomes an absolute annoyance, want to change that wall? Good luck brotha, select each piece by piece at a time. Can't select the entire enclosure! ant to place an information stand on top of an heightened path? BOOM it floats in the air now, good luck with that! Every single placement of an object, wall, plant and everything else becomes a burden and an annoyance. And selecting stuff, please don't start. Unbelievable. No possibilities for a power grid. So that is a generator every 500m. in your zoo. Same for the water purification. Not so many animals to get, pay 10 bucks for 3 more... wtf? I just can't stop complaining :/. I've never felt this wat before!

Not to mention the bugs. Demanding for a refund.

I have never written a review before and i've been gaming for 30 years. It's that bad!
  7. Nov 13, 2019
    I do not own this game. I have never played this game. I intend to play it in the future though.
    This review is simply here to influence the statistics in the hope that it will trigger the developer to invest in making this game playable for me in the future :-)

Also this proves you can review bomb a game without owning it. A bit of a flaw here on metacritic.
  8. Nov 5, 2019
    Good geme, there are some big bus but other than that is a great game, 10 of 10.
  9. Nov 5, 2019
    I really loved planet coaster and yet again Frontier made a lovely simulation. The Animals and the world around them are beautiful and the simulation is really complex and is going to take a while to get just right. Planet Zoo isn't as casual as Planet Coaster so keep that in mind. I haven't had any bugs or crashes like other people here. Maybe its because of better hardware? And i do notI really loved planet coaster and yet again Frontier made a lovely simulation. The Animals and the world around them are beautiful and the simulation is really complex and is going to take a while to get just right. Planet Zoo isn't as casual as Planet Coaster so keep that in mind. I haven't had any bugs or crashes like other people here. Maybe its because of better hardware? And i do not understand a 1 Star rating if you don't like it it does not mean its utter garbage! For People who like good Simulations and beautiful animals go ahead, you won't regret the purchase! Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2019
    After 30 hours of gameplay I can definitely say this game is one of my all time favorites. I know that with how Frontier is with their game franchises, how they nurture and grow them with updates and new content, we'll hopefully be in good hands. The animals are beautiful, and the management is tricky. It is so much fun to create a habitat, or a new part of your zoo. Excited to see whatAfter 30 hours of gameplay I can definitely say this game is one of my all time favorites. I know that with how Frontier is with their game franchises, how they nurture and grow them with updates and new content, we'll hopefully be in good hands. The animals are beautiful, and the management is tricky. It is so much fun to create a habitat, or a new part of your zoo. Excited to see what the future holds for this game! Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2019
    If you like tycoons and animals this is game for you. It is a little bit complex to manage a zoo but if you played Planet Coaster then it is easier than playing it without some previous experience. So if you don't know what to play then this game is made for you :D
  12. Nov 16, 2019
    A beautifully crafted Zoo management masterpiece. Yet another magnificent game by Frontier to perfectly compliment Planet Coaster. Highly recommended for those who like to be creative and enjoy the management aspects of sim games.
  13. Nov 16, 2019
    Graphics: 7.5/10 (animals and persons sometimes stuck in objects, texture resolution is not that good)

Gameplay: 9/10 (economy is really simple)

Performance: 7/10 (sometimes crashes)

Playtime: endless
    Summary: 8.5/10 -> recommended and worth full price
  14. Nov 17, 2019
    Absolutamente fantástico. Imperdível, até para quem não gosta do estilo. Detalhado, lindo, absolutamente customizável e muito, muito divertido. O melhor jogo do gênero de gerenciamento que já joguei, e joguei muitos.
  15. Nov 19, 2019
    Il est loin le temps où j’ai été autant addict à un jeu. Malgré les nombreux bugs rencontrés, parfois très entêtants, je n’arrive pas à décrocher, principalement « à cause » du mode franchise et de ses crédit de conservation (la deuxième monnaie du jeu, qui est en réalité la plus importante pour avoir les meilleurs animaux possibles).

Les possibilités de construire un magnifique zoo

Les possibilités de construire un magnifique zoo sont nombreuses. Il y a en effet beaucoup d’objets de décoration disponibles. Les outils de build ne sont pas d’une prise en main simple, c’est le moins que je puisse dire, mais une fois maîtrisé, c’est une arme redoutable pour la construction. Il faudra cependant se montrer patient pour savoir poser des allées, des objets ou des bâtiments de manière extrêmement précise. Côté Workshop, les créations de joueurs ne manquent pas, plus belles les unes des autres, avec l’agréable possibilité de retirer in-game les ajouts qui ne nous plaisent finalement pas.

Les animations des animaux sont vraiment belles, à l’image des graphismes du titre qui sont d’une manière générale très réussies. Attention cependant, il faudra une config solide pour supporter tout ça, surtout quand le parc s’agrandit et que les visiteurs affluent, vous pouvez dire adieu à vos FPS. Les effets météorologiques n’améliorent pas non plus les choses de ce jeu qui, dans l’ensemble, n’est pas franchement très bien opti, il faut le souligner.

Avec la gestion de reproduction à suivre de très près, ainsi que bien d’autres tâches, il n’est pas toujours facile de pouvoir contempler son parc tranquillement sans avoir à mettre pause, ce qui est un peu dommage mais d’un autre côté, pas le temps de s’ennuyer ! Un système de notification mieux pensé aurait bien aidé sur ce coup là.

La partie multijoueur se limite au marché des espèces via les crédits de conservation cité plus haut. Dommage que l’on ne puisse pas allez visiter les zoos d’autres joueurs, et pourquoi pas même leurs mettre une note sur cinq étoiles, note qui serait visible, avec un concours hebdomadaire pour élire les plus belles franchises !

1. Nov 20, 2019
    It is undeniably a beautiful achievement that seamlessly ties together wildlife education and environmental consciousness, and the emotional attachment you will create with your animals makes for an engaging simulation unlike any other.
  2. Nov 19, 2019
    Planet Zoo is an excellent zoo management sim with an impressive campaign and terrific graphics.
  3. Nov 18, 2019
    Planet Zoo is another great game of Frontier Developments. The way it modernize the Tycoon genre, is really interesting and a most have to all the fans of this kind of games.