7.1

1. Sep 22, 2016
    I loved the idea, good graphics, environment, music but... the game is unfinished. I like the harsh challenging experience but when the mechanics are broken and no matter what you do, you still die, then there is a design problem. For example when you don't get new colonists or when everyone is tired to work and prefer to starve to death. The IA is poor, the colonists spend more timeI loved the idea, good graphics, environment, music but... the game is unfinished. I like the harsh challenging experience but when the mechanics are broken and no matter what you do, you still die, then there is a design problem. For example when you don't get new colonists or when everyone is tired to work and prefer to starve to death. The IA is poor, the colonists spend more time walking and doing nothing than working on their assignments. In advanced planets these problems lead to a certain dead because resources scarce, weather conditions are unforgiving and there is no way to recover. Reworking these aspects and also adding more technologies or the chance to research them would make it a solid game. Expand
  2. Feb 22, 2017
    It was fun and interesting. It looked really interesting. I would play it again on different planets on Planetbase. I would put things on high priority if you need it quickly. I enjoyed the music and sound affects. If you don't know a lot of science then it would be good for learning. I enjoyed playing with a partner. I would not play it by myself. I would rate it a 7.
  3. Feb 22, 2017
    The game was annoying and confusing, we didn’t know what to do half the time and there weren’t easy ways to figure it out. To make this game better we suggest creating a more detailed handbook to answer any more complicated questions that come up while playing.
    The warm colors were too pastel and the art style was very blocky and basic.
    We wouldn’t play this game again because we didn’t
    The warm colors were too pastel and the art style was very blocky and basic.
    We wouldn’t play this game again because we didn’t find not knowing what to do half the time fun.
    As for the learning aspect, it gave a basic understanding of what is needed to survive on another planet.
    When it comes to playing with a partner it’s better to bounce ideas off of a partner so they can point out things you would miss if you were playing by yourself.
    Over all we give it a 7 because though we may not have enjoyed playing it the game is well thought out and definitely one of the more accurate simulation games we’ve played.
  4. Apr 9, 2019
    Short Reviews!
    The good:
    - addictive gameplay
    - relaxing
    - mods
    The bad:
    - lack of content
    - repetitive
    - graphic

Summary: Nice little game, but because of lack of content only worth to buy with discount. Also you can really get bored with long sessions.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 16, 2016
    One nice unforgiving game that may have been much better being less difficult and more varied.
  2. Jan 3, 2016
    Planetbase starts off cool, as there are only few sim-builders that kill your characters after you have failed an assignment. It is too bad this game fades out after half an hour, because this really could have been something rather different and awesome.
  3. Planetbase is unforgiving with your citizens only steps away from the void. A solar flare can irradiate your workers, a stray meteor can suck the oxygen out of your habitation pods, and your crops can fail leaving your people to starve.