4.7

1. Dec 21, 2017
    There is no way this game gets a 10. It is super buggy with rampant rubber-banding and desync. There are a lot of cheaters, which Brendan Greene talked about on the H3H3 podcast yesterday. Plus the current ranking system favors super boring camping style.

The entertainment value on Twitch is impressive, and I watch Dr. Disrespect and Viss play daily (RIP Slick Daddy Club for now though...). But the game itself is one map, with no story, and poor graphics, and terrible optimization, with lots of bugs, a good amount of hackers and cheaters - those are not the words that describe a game getting high scores from some sites. They should be ashamed. Sales and cultural impact does not make a game a 9 or 10.
  2. Dec 23, 2017
    This game is VERY hard to give a score to, so as of the 'official release' of PUBG (coming out of early access a.k.a PC version 1.0) this is my review.

What did they do right? In the grand scheme of things, Bluehole did a PHENOMENAL job in marketing by incorporating Twitch (much better than H1Z1) and the viewablity of this game makes this excellent for streamers and therefore free

What did they do right?
    In the grand scheme of things, Bluehole did a PHENOMENAL job in marketing by incorporating Twitch (much better than H1Z1) and the viewablity of this game makes this excellent for streamers and therefore free advertising for their game hence why it is the most played game on steam in less than 10 months. The gameplay (when it works) is also VERY nice to play with and losing a game doesn't feel as bad as you can just hop back into a game within a minute and get right back into the action. It is addicting, but they shouldn't excuse of them of...

What is wrong with the game?
    This should of NEVER left early access at this state, this game is still a unpolished disaster that has a ridiculous amount of bugs and glitches for a out of early access game. Without a doubt they did this so they could fulfill their promise of coming out of early access within the year. The game is littered with cheaters but they have banned many of them so credit where credit is due.

In conclusion, this game is fun, hell it's addicting as hell BUT lack of paying attention to game breaking bugs and them STILL being there in the 'released' out of early access version is horrid. If they can improve this game by optimizing it as well as paying attention to game breaking bugs, PUBG can go VERY far in terms of popularity within the community.
  3. Dec 21, 2017
    Not sure what the 'critics' are smoking so I thought I'd write a quick review. It's a simple but great premise that's executed fairly poorly. For one it's too buggy, un-optimised and laggy. The shooting gameplay is decent but the movement is pretty sluggish. The map design is pretty good in all fairness and results in a good range of scenarios. No memorable music imo. I also think most ofNot sure what the 'critics' are smoking so I thought I'd write a quick review. It's a simple but great premise that's executed fairly poorly. For one it's too buggy, un-optimised and laggy. The shooting gameplay is decent but the movement is pretty sluggish. The map design is pretty good in all fairness and results in a good range of scenarios. No memorable music imo. I also think most of the models were bought from a store so while it's completely legal, the artistic design of the game is pretty uninspired/non-existent.

Ultimately, the game is fun but a little frustrating. Buy it if you can't wait to try the concept of the game but I'm certain other games based on the same concept will pop up soon and will likely be better made. You should also know the devs seem to be a bit shady when it comes to copyright law and seem to think they can own the concept of the game. Not the worst thing a dev company has done but you may want to look into it.

Love y'all
  4. Dec 22, 2017
    The idea is fine, the execution is sub par with 18 hz tick servers at max. Fortnite runs a lot better and is completely free.
  5. Dec 22, 2017
    Critics are fake, i can't believe this game have the same score of the witcher 3. Is plenty of bugs, not optimized and really frustrating. YES OFC this is NOT **** game but the same metascore of Divinity2 or the witcher 3? We are near to ridiculousness. My score is 1 Cause i want to low this critics cheats but the game deserve 5/6...
  6. Dec 30, 2017
    Most bugged and unfinished game i have ever played. the netcode is so bad, the gameplay is terrible too. it is more a walking simulator than anthing else. and this game is so much overhyped by paid streamers to promote this very poor made game.
  7. Dec 21, 2017
    Why in hell someone can give this game a 10/10? Doest make any sense..
    It i fun? Yeah! But bugged, badly optimized, and just have 2 **** maps.. How can you compare this with a game full game? This is a beta version of something that coud be geat, but is just still missing ALOT.
  8. Dec 22, 2017
    Poor optimization. Unfinished product, bugs, poor performance with hi end PC, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is a promise of something, but they take money for a promise, not fair. A lot of missing contents for the most disappointing game of the year.
  9. Dec 20, 2017
    Unacceptable amount of bugs and lack of optimization for such a big title. While hardly being an original game, the only thing that could've brought and maintain this game at the top is the attention from the streamers.
  10. Mar 19, 2018
    Boring game. I don't understand the hype about this game.
    This game is not for people with problems spotting enemies in a very problematic visual and audible environment.
    The most time you run around the map and loot and camp. RNG is a given relevant aspect of the game. Skill is overrated. The only skills u need are good ears and good eyes.... The performance is the worst i ever have
    Boring game. I don't understand the hype about this game.
    The performance is the worst i ever have seen in a game. Lags are not unusual. So it is also RNG if you are in a fight it depends on who has the better connection.
    Cheaters destroy your fun very fast.
    Don't turn on the voice chat. Else your ears will bleed cause of a lot of idiots.
    Played it app. 32h with friends. And I only will play it with friends.
    This game consists for me 80% of boring running, looting and camping. But this can be a question of taste...
  11. Dec 21, 2017
    This game is on the hype train cuz of streamers. It's more fun to watch than play cuz of their reactions. When you play you actually see how frustrating and lame it is.
  12. Dec 21, 2017
    Buggy unoptimized mess. Fun with friends but gets annoying really fast when you can't pick up the gun from the ground or open doors. 30€ from this? No thanks, it feels ike a mod to some other game.
  13. Dec 22, 2017
    This is simply overhyped peace of ugly textures and buggy code that can't be called GAME.
  14. Dec 21, 2017
    PUBG only became so successful because of clever marketing and luck. "It's so much fun with friends!", yeah well i could think of a lot of other games that are fun with friends too. The difference is that most of your friends have already bought the game because of the hype and the twitch sellouts marketing it.
    The actual game itself is an utter mess. It has bugs, lag, hackers and
    The actual game itself is an utter mess. It has bugs, lag, hackers and optimization issues up the wazoo. Too bad the greedy c*nt developers are too busy swimming in money to bother fixing any of these problems. It's absurd how such an unpolished, low-effort, shallow product costs 30 bucks with micro-transactions on top.
    Even if these things were fixed, the core gameplay is just so tedious. You spend 15 minutes searching for items and then 80% of the time you get shot by someone you couldn't see or avoid because you had to rush to the white circle. Actually winning the game is 20% skill and 80% luck. If the other players have better equipment than you and got to a better position then you're just screwed.
    9/10 game my *ss.
  15. Dec 20, 2017
    Devs cashed in before the word could get out...This game is trash do not waste your money on it. Supposedly out of early access yet still full of lag, desync, glitches, bugs, and oh man do they have a ton of cheaters, but don't worry they don't acknowledge the cheaters so they don't have to fix it. Hasn't made much progress from the Arma mod days if you take away the slight graphics upgrade.
  16. Dec 20, 2017
    A Battle Royale game, where there are plenty of bugs, optimization failures, with the most greedy developers that puts no effort on fixing the excessive rubber banding on servers, even with millions of dollars of income, they cannot spend on more for an unknown reason, plenty of building loading problems where you have to land with everything not loaded, ps1 graphics buildings, this gameA Battle Royale game, where there are plenty of bugs, optimization failures, with the most greedy developers that puts no effort on fixing the excessive rubber banding on servers, even with millions of dollars of income, they cannot spend on more for an unknown reason, plenty of building loading problems where you have to land with everything not loaded, ps1 graphics buildings, this game got popular by most of streamers, but it is entertaining and pretty funny with friends, nothing more, much less Expand
  17. Apr 22, 2018
    Brendan Greene has to be one of the most delusional game """"developers"""" to walk this earth yet. He has absolutely no technical value for the industry and, in addition to making it suffer with this joke of a game, he's trying to pursue legal action against games like it because "muh forced creativity".

I gave it a chance while in early access because I thought this game would be good at release. This "release" has showed me exactly what kinds of devs they are: This is not an unfinished game, this is a broken game, made broken from the start.

They all lack what it takes to make this the game it should be and it is now permanently removed from my library.
  18. Dec 21, 2017
    Overrated and over-hyped thrash. Cancer of gaming industry and gaming subculture. This game doesn't deserve it's accidental success.
  19. Dec 20, 2017
    Problème de latence, crash, popping, framerate au fraise.

Le jeu en lui même est bien, mais malheureusement la version Xbox One est vraiment à la ramasse.

C'est vraiment une hone de sortir un jeu en cet état.
  20. Dec 20, 2017
    streamers make this game popular! nothing special, its boring for me now! i think that this game have so much problems with connection and games issues,so tomorrow it will be released i think , and i hope they will change something about that problems or they give a **** about it! its so lagging and i don't have fun when someone is killing me because i cant pick up my weapon form thosestreamers make this game popular! nothing special, its boring for me now! i think that this game have so much problems with connection and games issues,so tomorrow it will be released i think , and i hope they will change something about that problems or they give a **** about it! its so lagging and i don't have fun when someone is killing me because i cant pick up my weapon form those connection lagging and its really annoying! :( Expand
  21. Dec 20, 2017
    Honestly why would you ever buy this overrated game? Here are some examples of nasty things I found within the title:
    - Greedy Developers that put paid content into Early Access game despite saying that they won't do that until release,
    - Chinese cheaters that will ruin your games and waste your time, - Poor optimization and many bugs, - Bans for doing anything near streamer. There are
    - Chinese cheaters that will ruin your games and waste your time,
    - Poor optimization and many bugs,
    - Bans for doing anything near streamer. There are a lot of examples in steam reviews. Look it up.

It's not worth your time nor interest. Stay away unless you have some friends to play with, to laugh how bad this game is (hence 1 point).
  22. Dec 22, 2017
    Note: I did get this game for free. I got it for free because I took part in the Pre-Alpha that happened (I think) in July of 2016. Getting the game for free doesn’t affect my review at all (it gets nit and gritty towards the end).

--- For those wondering, why is this so familiar? - Well, because the person behind this game is PLAYERUNKNOWN (as stated in the title of the game).

---

For those wondering, why is this so familiar?

- Well, because the person behind this game is PLAYERUNKNOWN (as stated in the title of the game). It’s his standalone game. He first started his Battle Royale work in Arma 2/3 as Mods. Than Daybreak licensed Battle Royale gamemode from him and they implemented that his game mode in their game called ‘H1Z1,’ later on they saw the potential of Battle Royale and they split the game into 2 games with one game that only has the Battle Royale game mode called H1Z1.

What does BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) feel like?

- It’s a mixture of Arma 3 and H1Z1, but more or less it feels like Arma (but not clunky) since it’s not arcadey like H1Z1 and it actually takes skill to learn. It’s not just about getting kills. It’s about surviving. If you like tactical’ness, outsmarting your opponent, a non-clucky engine like Arma 3 and just an overall fun time. This is the game for you. In Arma 3, it’s slow pace and walking everywhere, sometimes taking a vehicle. In H1Z1, almost everyone is in a car and if you get near someone they jump out (while the car is going full speed) and they try to shoot you. In this game, it’s medium pace, the vehicles in BATTLEGROUNDS will get you killed if you randomly jump out to kill someone at full or half speed.

In BATTLEGROUNDS, you have servers where you can go Solo or find a teammate(s) in Duo and SQUAD, just like in H1Z1. Unlike in H1Z1, but like in Arma 3, if you team in Solo servers you will get banned. PLAYERUNKNOWN promised that Mod support would be coming at official release. But, Mod support is nowhere to be found in 1.0. They stated that Mod support to the point where you can create your own Battle Royale game mode (and publish it to the Steam Workshop), host it (maybe rent a server like in the Battlefield series) and have your own community or group of friends play it. Weapon-wise, all these weapons don’t have predicable weapon recoil, they’re all different, as well with the bullet drop/travel. Attachments like forgrips, compensators and more all can decrease the recoil and change the final outcome of the game when it comes down to that 1v1 at the end. You can’t use 3rd person shooting all the time, it’s not accurate as 1st person shooting (like in H1Z1, both 1st and 2nd can be used at medium/long).

As I mentioned in the beginning, getting the game for free doesn’t affect my review at all. But because this is a review, I have to be unbiased and review all aspects of the game, even the company behind the game. I give the score what I gave it because of one issue. Due to the fact that the Community Manager/Community Team of the game, Sammie and FWG (go on my Twitter for that link/story). They were very disrespectful, closed minded and banned me on many platforms to censor me. I would have given this game a 9/10 if this situation didn’t happen/taken place.

In the end, I’m glad PU made the Mod in Arma 2/3 and Daybreak licensed the Battle Royale mode from PLAYERUNKNOWN. He got rid of the clucky’ness from Arma and understood all of H1Z1 mistakes, downfalls, lack of communication/game updates and made his own game. And to be honest with you, this game is pretty bada** and worth the buy. I’m glad that I was able to see this game grow when when Pre-Alpha was going on. And let's face it, H1Z1 is still in Early Access just this upcoming January in 2018, it will be 3 years in Early Access... PUBG put H1Z1 in it's coffin.

It’s one of those games that you will come back and play each day just because how fun it is, H1Z1 (or other BR related titles) can’t do this.

---

My Review Score: 8/10
  23. Dec 21, 2017
    this game is no single play story.
    There are no individual characters.
    This game is similar to h1z1 .
    It just happened to be a jackpotl.
  24. Dec 21, 2017
    okay so my review is based upon another mans review whom said that pubg was tactical gameplay. my foughts are that it is not a good game with little to no anything to do... i see no daily quests or even story quests to complete and only guys killing guys no girls haha xd
  25. Dec 20, 2017
    Oh, how long I've waited for this moment.

Overrated game with lags, bugs, cheaters. Too huge map for 100 players. Because of this, all the gameplay is in the running simulator. Too large a backpack forces people to collect weapons and the active phase of the game at best starts in 20-25 minutes after the start of the game. The funniest thing is that Brendan Green behaves like a
    Oh, how long I've waited for this moment.

The funniest thing is that Brendan Green behaves like a little girl and cries at every corner that his idea of the game was stolen instead of improving his own product. On relatively new PCs there are problems with performance and launch.

And finally. Back in the days of Counter-Strike, there were regimes of the royal battle. But they did not succeed because of the small maps. Back in 2000 there were films about the royal battle. So Brendan did not come up with a new genre. He just adapted it in the game sphere.
  26. Dec 20, 2017
    Best multiplay shooting game ever!
    Although this game still have bad optimization and server lag issues, It's getting better at every patch and even some bugs make my gameplay experience so fun.
    New desert map with parkour system on the test server is also amazing. Fancy graphic, better optimization, better game design. This game was great example of early access. And from today, this
    Best multiplay shooting game ever!
    This game was great example of early access. And from today, this game is great example of new age multiplay shooting game.
  27. Jan 12, 2018
    i must say , clearly the most of website Reviewers are not gamers , its not really deserves a 8/9/10 score , this is a good shooting game and of course its really fun with friends , but the poor optimization and a big amount of bugs and server lags and a lot of cheaters, i mean what are they doing with all that money , i hope they do something about these problems.
  28. Vel
    Nov 20, 2018
    Updated Review:
    Updated Review:
    The game has gotten significantly better over the course of a year. The maps are still good, the graphics are improved and smoother, and they seem to have fixed the problems with American servers being filled with chinese players. That being said, there are still some problems that hold it back. You will still occasionally line up the perfect shot through your cross hairs, only to have your bullet go somewhere else or, more frustratingly, to create a cloud of dust directly behind your target as if it went through them without hitting. Additionally, hacking/cheating is still a problem, and there is 0 confidence that the devs are going to do anything about it. And lastly, there doesn't really seem to be any ranking or sorting to keep you from getting matched with players in your squad who are just going to immediately suicide. In summary, it's an entertaining game, but it still lacks staying power.
  29. Jun 17, 2018
    For a while I had a blast with PUBG, but after the first 5 hours it started to feel repetitive and kind of stale.
  30. Mar 22, 2018
    1. Pistol is glitched so in some games you are basically dead cause you can't equip pistol.
    2. Fire fights last 2 seconds and the longer you survive the more you get points in all honestly it better just to die and get to next game fast.
    3 Collecting loot to die in a 3 second or less fire fight is ridicilous 4. No indication where bullets come from no flash of gun from enemy weapons
    3 Collecting loot to die in a 3 second or less fire fight is ridicilous
    4. No indication where bullets come from no flash of gun from enemy weapons (makes it garbage as you can't find position).
    5 Game is boring without friends its basically collect things and hope to get lucky in killing something to buy boxes that can be pawned for small credits.
    6. Armor does nothing.
    7. Cannot remap keys
    8. Cars make a a stupid sound despite the fact most cars are not heard these days
    9. Blue circle which contracts is an idea but would be better executed by contracting zones by area (e.g if 30 players in one area blue circle contracts for those 30 players only while another zone with 20 player contracts this way the groups fight till there is 1 player or team in each area then the circle gets wider again for 5 minutes then recontracts at a central stage.
    10. They should use two sets of planes (set a and set b) (set a sets off along line x while set b sets off online y) - This would allow more players to potentially find each other and actually have mid range fights around cover , which doesn't happen in this.

This game is not a shooting game its a RNG collecting game where you collect x loot and go wow i got this , this and this and then cry cause it taken away by 2-3 hits where you have no idea where it come from. Game badly needs indicators to at least give players a fair chance at actually shooting there gun.

Good with others bad alone. It gets boring picking up loot to engage in no action what so ever cause someone else got a sniper rifle and a 4x scope and you got an uzi and no scopes.
  31. Jan 31, 2018
    Developers cashed out and are no where to be seen.. are you guys even working on the game anymore ? do not waste your money on it, they say out of early access ?? yet still full of lag, glitches and bugs.. makes for some funny YouTube videos but impossible to play - congrats .. cant wait for the next update that gets us.. absolutely no where.
  32. Jul 11, 2018
    During the release of this game was a great hype and everyone played it, but now that hype over - number of players falls and the game dying at a high pace. The main disadvantages of the game are ban trade and "awesome" optimization.
  33. Jun 27, 2018
    Just to know for everyone, when I was buying the game I was hyped for it. Well, when I played it for the first time I knew that it was a big mistake. Awful graphics that look like from 2014 and very poor performance to it (usually 35 FPS on my gaming PC). Gameplay is really just the explanation of a Battle Royale game, there is 100 players, you land on an island where you find weaponsJust to know for everyone, when I was buying the game I was hyped for it. Well, when I played it for the first time I knew that it was a big mistake. Awful graphics that look like from 2014 and very poor performance to it (usually 35 FPS on my gaming PC). Gameplay is really just the explanation of a Battle Royale game, there is 100 players, you land on an island where you find weapons there is a barrier that gets closer and closer that makes a zone where players must stay. Also a lot of bugs that shouldn't be in an online game. And players can't even train to get better and get killed over and over. No ranking at all which makes awful gameplay. Expand
  34. Oct 26, 2018
    This game plays like a jagged and buggy mess. It clearly isn't optimized and the progression system is loot box based and absolutely non-existant. I could see some people getting into this due to the innovative and addicting concept of Battle Royale. However, the stiffness and rigid gameplay is a no from me dog.
  35. Sep 5, 2018
    FIX the game and we can talk about better score. Still wasted like 300 hours in it.
  36. Apr 29, 2018
    So so many frigging cheaters :( I love the game but lack of safe-gaming ruins it a lot. It was pleasure to play, now its now
  37. Jun 27, 2020
    2020: Heavy game with terrible optimization. The more you play, the more it increases your frustration.
    Too bad because the concept is fun. Save your money
  38. Dec 5, 2019
    great game but they many hakers in ............................................................
  39. Mar 1, 2019
    Best BR game for mature players. It has bugs as it always had. But overall performance and net code are fine now.
    This game is not for everyone. To really appreciate the game you have to come with expectations of game that is hard to master. Pubg is that game. Its fun and challenging but for a long time you will because of lack of skills on many different levels. In my experience it takes around 500-600h to get enough experience to stop being total noob.
    Game is fun when you play solo, but you can experience its full potential when you have a buddy to play duo with.
  40. Nov 18, 2018
    Pros: Great realistic graphics and lightning. Great sound - gun shots, foot steps, etc. Also sometimes it's quite fun to play.
    Cons: Game is hardcore. Damage model is way too hard. It takes very little time to kill or to be killed. I think it's the main purpose why Fortnite became much more popular.
    I think they should add kind of an arcade mode to make the game less harder to master.
  41. Feb 16, 2019
    круьая игра каждый деоь играю игра крута игпрпа мне нрпавится
  42. Nov 15, 2018
    While I love the idea, it's still missing many things like ballbanging or a proper use of netcode. Very annoying to be matched with people that their ping is 100+, makes it unplayable. While stability and general performance was improved a bit, it's still a long way to go through.
  43. Nov 18, 2018
    Очень вариативный геймплей, никогда не знаешь в каком доме, за каким камнем или в каких кустах кто-то сидит, топ1 взять конечно не сверхсложно, постараться придеться, причем надо уметь не только стрелять, но и тактически мыслить. В общем рекомендую!Очень вариативный геймплей, никогда не знаешь в каком доме, за каким камнем или в каких кустах кто-то сидит, топ1 взять конечно не сверхсложно, постараться придеться, причем надо уметь не только стрелять, но и тактически мыслить. В общем рекомендую!
  44. Nov 22, 2018
    Ha mejorado bastante desde su salida, pero aun así, se sigue haciendo repetitivo a veces.
    Recomendado solo si juegas con amigos.
  45. Dec 11, 2018
    Great ambience and atmosphere of tension. Technical and slow-paced, it takes time to get used to your survival mechanics. But after the first victory you can't stop playing. Technically fulfilled but not the best. Its gameplay is a recycling of several market shooter. What makes the game really special is the feeling of the cat and the mouse in the games which makes it the best BattleGreat ambience and atmosphere of tension. Technical and slow-paced, it takes time to get used to your survival mechanics. But after the first victory you can't stop playing. Technically fulfilled but not the best. Its gameplay is a recycling of several market shooter. What makes the game really special is the feeling of the cat and the mouse in the games which makes it the best Battle royale on the market. Expand
  46. Dec 31, 2018
    Good game which has gotten a lot better over the last year. I have a 2011 PC with a 2016 mid range GPU and I dont see a single performance or server issue.
  47. Jan 27, 2019
    Great game which has gotten a lot better over the last year. I have a 2017 PC with a mid range GPU and I dont see a single performance or server issue.
  48. Mar 29, 2019
    for a game that is not even in early access anymore it sucks.
    for a game that is not even in early access anymore it sucks.
    lag spikes everywhere, hackers are all over the place, optimization sucks, hitboxes are not implemented correctly and after one of the updates it bugged my game to a point that i couldnt get in the main menu to start a game( the game opens with just the background), i deleted the game and reinstalled it 3 times, checked game files, reloaded lobbies.
    its just not playable (literally).
  49. rNc
    Mar 18, 2019
    I like to play PUBG with my friends,it's really funny.But sometimes this game lags a lot without any reason to lag.This game still full of bugs,curve textures,but it is not very important.Reputation of PUBG is reputation of reliable and interesting battle royale.I like this game
  50. Mar 19, 2019
    PUBG is a very good. tactical and fun game. especially when you play it with friends. But the optimization is the **** part of the game: a lot of bugs, microfreezes, low fps for no reason. The developers have a **** ton of money to fix this, but no - it's better to uploud more skins and fortnite's season pass to make more and more money. I hope developers will change their minds to exuallyPUBG is a very good. tactical and fun game. especially when you play it with friends. But the optimization is the **** part of the game: a lot of bugs, microfreezes, low fps for no reason. The developers have a **** ton of money to fix this, but no - it's better to uploud more skins and fortnite's season pass to make more and more money. I hope developers will change their minds to exually do something with this, for example : to add a lot of new mechanics so there will be something new since this game was released. Expand
  51. Apr 8, 2019
    Absolute garbage, complete trash of a game
    stupid designers that know nothing about shooters
    ignorant publisher that only wants money and stupid enough to sue Epic Games over battle royale genre.
    fking stupid game...trash
  52. Apr 20, 2019
    actually full **** potato grapihcs, optimization 10 ac: unity from 10 ac: unity, bug on bug with bug this game DONT COST 20 DOLLARS EVERY GAME LOOKS BETTER EVERY BATTLE ROYALE LOOKS BETTER!!!
  53. May 19, 2019
    The Game seems Good but its Full of Cheaters and no one can't play Aimbots wallhacks and more is the 80% of community is Kids with full of CHEATS. My 36years as Gamer says Do Not Buy this Game.
    About 25€ goes to Thrush .
  54. Jun 4, 2019
    it's so bad game
    you have to do nothing in this game ( just named a game)!!
  55. Jun 25, 2019
    Never encountered a game so Cheater-ridden as this. if you can´t make your game cheater-safe, don´t make a game at all. I hear they banned 7 Million cheaters until today. Forget that game.
  56. Oct 30, 2019
    Отличный жоподрывательный шутер, тут есть все и крысы и читеры и подлагивания, но радость от топ1 затмевает все минусы)
  57. Dec 19, 2020
    Overrated trash game which started cancerous dumb battle royale trend. It is just blatant ripoff H1Z1. Gameplay is very slow, boring, and infested with bugs and glitches which haven't been fixed to this date. Dead teammate is forced to just watch and wait other teammates to be killed, there is no respawn mechanics
  58. Dec 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game in BattleRoyale Games. I love PUBG mechanic that’s uniq, sorry for my English im from Kyrgyzstan Expand
  59. Feb 8, 2020
    I've sunk over 5k hours in this game. Love it and hate it. The devs have created something special and in every other patch they change it into something horrible. The fixes come later rather than rolling back on game breaking patches. This company is catering towards the Asian market mostly and while that makes sense from a financial perspective, the rest of the world can basically expectI've sunk over 5k hours in this game. Love it and hate it. The devs have created something special and in every other patch they change it into something horrible. The fixes come later rather than rolling back on game breaking patches. This company is catering towards the Asian market mostly and while that makes sense from a financial perspective, the rest of the world can basically expect getting ignored. This game imo is still better than most BR's. I've honestly could not get into Apex because of it's Overwatch vibes, I hated COD4, and ROE felt cheap. Gun mechanics of this game are great. Movement is kinda awkward. There are still a lot of bugs in this game that the community just deal with until the Korean devs pull their mouths from China's money stick and actually fix. I've been sh1t talking this game and still give it an 8 out of 10 because this game relieves an itch that no game since my Halo days have been to scratch. Catch it on sale for 15 bucks on Steam or it may go free sometime in the future. Expand
  60. May 22, 2020
    Having about just enough of the bugs, cheaters and bad design. I play about once a month since like february, and EVERY SINGLE GAME I run into cheaters. Right now, I got killed by a guy which sounded he's right in the front of me, while the whole time he was somewhere else. I went into the lobby, and the replay button is completely missing, even after restart. F*CK BLUEHOLE STUDIO. It'sHaving about just enough of the bugs, cheaters and bad design. I play about once a month since like february, and EVERY SINGLE GAME I run into cheaters. Right now, I got killed by a guy which sounded he's right in the front of me, while the whole time he was somewhere else. I went into the lobby, and the replay button is completely missing, even after restart. F*CK BLUEHOLE STUDIO. It's the worst technically executed game I have ever seen. From like a year 2016/17, they made an unbelievable amount of money, and the game is still the f*cking same, only like what... two new maps, which look like an 8-year old kid was playing with the editor. I would SO much like to see, what they are actually doing with the money they are getting? It's just not possible they are working there. Btw, you can see they don't even bother buying a bit more servers, because in like 70 percent of modes, the matchmaking is just infinitely long and the game never starts.
    This game was like accidentally good, because of Brendan Greene, but in every other way it's a DISGRACE TO THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY.
  61. Mar 17, 2020
    This is my favorite game so far. I´m an OG, since I´m playing the game from the day it launched on Steam, I was there when every change happened. The devs are not the best listeners, I have to admit that. But they seem to change their course now as they´ve reacted more to community feedback this year. Don´t be afraid to buy this game, there are still some bugs that have to be fixed, butThis is my favorite game so far. I´m an OG, since I´m playing the game from the day it launched on Steam, I was there when every change happened. The devs are not the best listeners, I have to admit that. But they seem to change their course now as they´ve reacted more to community feedback this year. Don´t be afraid to buy this game, there are still some bugs that have to be fixed, but all in all, this game is my big love - and I wish it becomes yours, too. Expand
  62. Mar 30, 2020
    I hate the mobile version of the game, and I hate that it overshadowed PUBG steam, But overall PUBG is better than Fortnite, But None of em worth playing in 2020, Because COD WARZONE is free and based on a very advanced tech, Don't forget about Apex too
    And even ROE is better than both PUBG and Fortnite, Meh.
  63. May 4, 2020
    Nice cheat, bro. no optimization, no content for such a price tag .It is fail
  64. Jun 26, 2020
    About PUBG Lite.
    A lot of bots, especially at night. In a game of 100 people, there can be 95 bots.
    Terribly.
  65. Jul 22, 2020
    Everything is clear here, the game is the worst in its genre. It's just a crooked ****
  66. Aug 4, 2020
    The worst thing that ever happened to gaming this **** is worser than E.T Damn you blue hole Damn the battle royale games and the worst thing is that the creators are aware how a piece of **** their game is and they know they don't deserve this succes and still after millions of idiots playing the game and having millions of dollars they still don't try to improve their trash of aThe worst thing that ever happened to gaming this **** is worser than E.T Damn you blue hole Damn the battle royale games and the worst thing is that the creators are aware how a piece of **** their game is and they know they don't deserve this succes and still after millions of idiots playing the game and having millions of dollars they still don't try to improve their trash of a videogame because they know that some hyped idiots will play the game even though they don't improve it Expand
  67. Jan 4, 2018
    Not worth buying. Had a huge budget and their published a game which is bugged and has bad server. The game also has a lot of frame crashes.
  68. Jan 6, 2018
    Used to be very fun and exciting. Now the game freezes, lags, rubber-bands and has various other bugs you would expect from a beta version not a game that just rolled out from months of beta testing. The worst part is the cheating and hacking. There is so much of it that the game is no longer fun. Avoid this game. Will be uninstalling.
  69. Jan 7, 2018
    full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters!
  70. Jan 3, 2018
    PUBG has started on the right track of being a great game,with an okay new map,and extremely great QOL improvements, however it still has alot of fine tuning and gameplay improvements to make before I even consider it a good game.theres fun to be had in PUBG, however I only had said fun in squads with friends

4.5/10
  71. Jan 1, 2018
    This game still needs work. Why is it at times i can empty a clip into some ones head they turn around and hit me once and kill me. Sometimes its hard to pick up guns and other things i have to keep walking back and forth over them to pick them up. Lot of glitches in scenery and game play. And its not my PC its way more than good enough to play this or any game.
  72. Dec 26, 2017
    Game idea is prefect , game play is good , the problem is on servers and bugs rollback , i hope you work on it , we spend about 30$ to buy the game + buy a new pc to play in good condition , i also hope you optimize the game to play with more fps . Thanks
  73. Jan 27, 2018
    Boring and pointless glorified CoD or CS:GO.

Boring and pointless glorified CoD or CS:GO.

PUBG is not bad as first person shooter, however the only incentives to play it are to get a chicken dinner and unlock loot boxes that give lame clothing. Other than that, the only reason to play it is to become a pro (Although I can't see it taking off as an esport as it requires too many players) or if you are trying to become the next big streamer. I personally always found it quite boring to watch and hopefully so will the rest of the gaming community.

it's plagued with cheaters and bugs, it's poorly optimised and running on awful servers. And on top of all that, you spend more time looking for vehicles and chasing the play area boundary than actually fighting other players. I understand the need for the shrinking play area, but it's poorly executed and results in players dying just because they can't find a vehicle. Meanwhile the players lucky enough to be in the play area to start with can camp and pick off weakened players as they desperately try to stay in the game.
  74. Dec 23, 2017
    The worst optimization.
    I feel so useless playing this.
    Is definitely better watch streams
  75. Dec 24, 2017
    Boring game. This game has nothing to do after death, it easily get bored. This genre will not last long.
  76. Dec 31, 2017
    Lag, crash, no optimization, netcode like a sh*t. Does not deserve such hype.
  77. Dec 23, 2017
    This game is a fun concept ruined by amateur and immature creators.

This most recent update has utterly broken the already tenuous netcode. It's so un-optimised it makes DayZ look polished.

To top it all off it's just not fun to play. Run around hoping the RNG gives you some good loot and then die 20 mins later to someone you had no chance of spotting then do it all again.

Do not buy.
  78. Jan 12, 2018
    +Has well done gunplay
    +Map is large
    +Most vehicles are done well +Three weather conditions (Sun, fog and rain) +Fun to play with friends -Chinese people (Who cannot speak English and have awful ping) plauge North American Duo and Squad servers as well as Solo and Duo -Motorcycles can flip and kill you if they touch the slightest bit of inclined geomety -Car hitboxes are wierd and
    +Has well done gunplay
    +Map is large
    +Most vehicles are done well
    +Three weather conditions (Sun, fog and rain)
    +Fun to play with friends
    -Car hitboxes are wierd and sometimes kill someone when they do not make contact
    -Damage values seem inconsistent
    -Performance is poor
    -Net code is poorly done
    -The top 10 this season was entirely hackers (2017)
    -Brendan Greene only cares about money and will not implement a server region lock between Asia and the North American/ European servers because its 'Xenophobic to do so".
    -Brendan Green also defends Chinese cheaters becasue it's "More acceptable to cheat in China".

All in all, PUBG is a fun game to play. It could do without the hackers, Chinese and weird damage values, but it is definitely worth getting if you have friends to play with. I am giving this game a negative review because of the fact that the developers are slow to fix issues even though they definitely have the funding to fix them. It could also do without an awful lead dev who will call his North American player base Xenophobes and defend cheaters for ridiculous reasons.
  79. Jan 16, 2018
    The game is over-hyped. In the very moment this game got into the release state, they started to add incredibly ridiculous micro-transactions (2,20€ for 1 key!) to the game!
    Instead of focusing on what the people want, its always what the corporates think they need...
    I guess I just have to stop expecting companies to listen to their customers... After all we are eating up the dirt people call "DLC", "Expansion Passes" and all that trash to bleed dry your wallets...
  80. Dec 30, 2017
    Acceso anticipado y ya con unos micropagos excesivos, ademas de su pésimo rendimiento.
  81. Dec 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Лагаграунд! Самая хе**вая оптимизация! Юбисовты нервно курят в сторонке... Ибо столько касяков даже им не снилось!!! Expand
  82. Jan 16, 2018
    I didn't understood the hype but I gave it a try anyway. Played it for a while and couldn't warp my head around it. It gets boring really fast and you just doing the same thing over and over again. There's no variety of things to do. It just feels like a mode, not a full game.
  83. Jan 19, 2018
    The idea of the game is good, there's definitetly playability and fun things about the game. However, this game was RELEASED as a paid game to the public in a very ALPHA state.

The shooting mechanics are broken and if you're coming from ANY real shooter you'll be frustrated that bullet registering is non existent. The net code is very bad, and you'll frequently die from lagging thru the terrain or unable to pick up anything from the ground. You'll warp and rubber band around.

If you do manage to survive, odds are you'll be killed by someone with a string of random numbers for a name that aimed at you across 10km and instant headshotted you. They don't do anything to prevent hackers like any real competitive game.

Overall, its fun at first, but then you'll grow to quickly resent the game when you spend 15 minutes just picking up items just to die and do it again because of game engine problems.

What's worse is that the developers have made it clear they arent focused on fixing any issues. They will not introduce region locking and the North American server is just all Chinese players which completely defeats the purpose of having a team game (can't communicate with any players). Also, lag favors the person lagging since hit registration etc is client side, so the same overseas people intentionally choosing a bad server for them will kill you before you can even see them on your screen. Besides this, the developers have already been forcing paid loot boxes down our throats before fixing ANY issues.

Don't waste your money on this game, support developers who actually work for a living.
  84. Jan 21, 2018
    This game was not that good. i found it to be just messy and just not fun. i think fortnite did a better job when it came to distinguishing itself and less buggy. I also found it was just not as good as people said
  85. Jan 22, 2018
    this game had a shot at greatness 20 million hope for the best. chinese hackers, armys of no recoil bots. and the dev playing the race card for region lock.

play anything else
  86. Dec 20, 2018
    Main office PUBG: So ladies Fortnite takes away our players, what do they have that we don't have?
    Employee 1- Dancing ..
    Director - well done you skin on Kalash Employee 2 - emoji Director - well done to you skin cap Employee 3 - Battle passes Director-- Beautiful for you i to buy food Employee 3- Can players like optimization, game without cheaters and friendly support?
    Employee 1- Dancing ..
    Director - well done you skin on Kalash
    Employee 2 - emoji
    Director - well done to you skin cap
    Employee 3 - Battle passes
    Director-- Beautiful for you i to buy food
    Director-- Clark, you dismiss.
  87. Jan 30, 2019
    Hackers. Hard difficult. High specifications.

I given Battlegrounds to 4 out of 10.
    (If your PC 's specifications high, you can enjoy this game.)
  88. Dec 25, 2017
    Playerunknown's Battlegrounds may not be the first Battle Royale game, but it clearly revolutionised the genre. But that may be so, PUBG, even in its version 1.0, is still a game with numerous technical disasters and obvious lack of design and creativity.
  89. Jan 8, 2018
    The only way to enjoy this game is with a team of friends in first person. You can play it in a team of randoms, but the average player is 9 years old so I wouldn't recommend it. With a team engagements are more tactical and someone from the team will always be able to spot an enemy team, so reflexes, aim and angle of engagement become important. It's also easier to find high power scopesThe only way to enjoy this game is with a team of friends in first person. You can play it in a team of randoms, but the average player is 9 years old so I wouldn't recommend it. With a team engagements are more tactical and someone from the team will always be able to spot an enemy team, so reflexes, aim and angle of engagement become important. It's also easier to find high power scopes and lvl 3 armor with 4 people looting, which are extremely important to survive, and the best strategy is being very aggressive. That's a good thing.

Solo, it's a nightmare. Luck plays a bigger part while looting, and camping is the only viable option, due to the absolutely massive advantage of being able to hear anyone that sprints in like a 50 meter radious while being locked in a room 3 buildings away, which is complete nonsense. You just blow up anyone that gets too close, they have no chance, and the same will happen to you once you have to relocate. Every match ends with a faceoff between the people who randomly camped at the place closest to the last circle area and didn't have to relocate too much, where they just run into the last circle area, usually in a field somewhere, and the guy with the biggest scope on his Kar98 wins. It is a complete waste of time.

So yeah, if you have a team of friends and can coordinate your play times, the game is worth picking up. Between servers lagging, different things breaking on different days due to how the servers are behaving that day, and people crashing randomly, you might eventually get a 20 minute match that is uninterrupted and smooth for everyone. That one match will be fun. In any other case, stay away from the game.
  90. Dec 31, 2017
    Game is ruined by Chinese cheat creators collaborating with the developers to avoid cheat detection for a share in profits. 95% of games are filled with Chinese hackers no matter what server you play on.
  91. Dec 24, 2017
    Fraudulent sale as is. Still poor optimization, laggy servers running on pentium 4, people forced to play poorly performed desert map 9/10 times, crashes, unable to get to lobby, rubber-banding, fps drops. It's still early alpha 0.1 version. Don't waste your time and money.
  92. Dec 23, 2017
    Every game i lag like crazy. It stops for a minute and I crash. 0 point playing.
  93. Dec 24, 2017
    Been suffering from bugs the whole year, while paying full 30$ price on early access.
  94. Dec 25, 2017
    This game has much potential. The visuals and graphics are impressive and the gameplay is very entertaining. However, the ammount of bad optimisations and it is very buggy despite it being the "full version"
    Overall i like the idea, but the devs need to work on it a little bit
  95. Oct 24, 2018
    A game that looks nice on the surface until you realise that in at least 50% of games you will just die to some hacker who a. knows where you are b. can hit you with every single bullet and c. has no recoil. The game runs fine and I have no issue with lag at all. It's just worthless because its not at all fair.
  96. Feb 16, 2018
    Everyone is hacking / cheating to ruin the experience for everyone else and the majority of them don't get banned. If all the cheaters were banned, half the playerbase would be banned. You can just do a quick google search and bam, tons of premium hacks available that you can buy, that don't run on your computer, the makers say, run a VPN and connect to our server, you'll never be banned.Everyone is hacking / cheating to ruin the experience for everyone else and the majority of them don't get banned. If all the cheaters were banned, half the playerbase would be banned. You can just do a quick google search and bam, tons of premium hacks available that you can buy, that don't run on your computer, the makers say, run a VPN and connect to our server, you'll never be banned. I believe them, and I'm disappointed in the incompetence of the game's anti-cheat. Every single match ends with, someone knowing exactly where I'm going to be and lining up a head-shot minutes in advance, because they see every player position on the damn map with their hack. This is the single worst thing I've ever bought in my life. Expand
  97. Jan 27, 2018
    The concept is great but I hate Pubg because stealth- focus game play tactic leading to camping game play.
  98. Apr 10, 2018
    One-trick-pony with next to no real content and a draining and repetitive gameplay loop, this only got popular because it's easy for 12 year olds with low standards to watch streamers play. I enjoyed it a lot at first I admit, but quickly realized that this game is about as deep as a bone-dry lake bed in the middle of the desert and will leave you just as thirsty. I guess you can buy it ifOne-trick-pony with next to no real content and a draining and repetitive gameplay loop, this only got popular because it's easy for 12 year olds with low standards to watch streamers play. I enjoyed it a lot at first I admit, but quickly realized that this game is about as deep as a bone-dry lake bed in the middle of the desert and will leave you just as thirsty. I guess you can buy it if you are looking for a game to stream and want to appeal to children, but if you have any actual taste I'd aim a little higher and just go down to Crown Fried or KFC to get that chicken dinner instead. Expand
  99. Jan 26, 2018
    Игра просто отвратительна!
    Я очень долгое время боялся купить эту игру и поиграть в нее.
    Спустя долгое время - я купил все таки - надеялся на лучшее - и игра мне не понравилась! ЧТО В НЕЙ ТАКОГО? Как хорошо что в стиме можно вернуть деньги за такие убогие игры!
    Игра просто отвратительна!
    Я очень долгое время боялся купить эту игру и поиграть в нее.

Как хорошо что в стиме можно вернуть деньги за такие убогие игры!
  100. Mar 1, 2018
    the market is over saturated with mediocre multiplayer games, like this one, and this is going to be the end of the industry. mark my words....

Generally favorable reviews - based on 46 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 24, 2018
    The whole madness around PUBG is well-deserved. This is the best possible praise for this great battle-royale-genre shooter. What a pity there are so many bugs, mad vehicle physics and occasional cheaters, but it bothers you only for a while. When you frantically get into the hectic, slightly frightening struggle for life and death you’ll forget anything else.
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 14, 2018
    PUBG’s version 1.0 not only brings a new map, but primarily introduces numerous crucial gameplay improvements to a game which was already hard to resist. [02/2018, p.28]
  3. games(TM)