7.0

1. Aug 24, 2011
    There wasn't much to this game but it wasn't necessarily a bad game. It's basically how the description made it out to be. It is basically a poker game with cameos from other characters from other games. It basically makes you feel like you are playing poker with them.
  2. Oct 22, 2011
    Lets be honest, you are only intrested in this game for the TF2 loot.... and maybe a few funny lines from the familiar characters (but those will run out veeery quickly, and then you will hear same ones, over and over again). As a poker game, its mediocre at very best, the AI doesn't act very much like real poker players would (not to mention bugs, which are plenty). Overall, its a goodLets be honest, you are only intrested in this game for the TF2 loot.... and maybe a few funny lines from the familiar characters (but those will run out veeery quickly, and then you will hear same ones, over and over again). As a poker game, its mediocre at very best, the AI doesn't act very much like real poker players would (not to mention bugs, which are plenty). Overall, its a good deal for this price, but as i said, for the loot and humor, not for the poker. Expand
  3. May 27, 2011
    The guys have got it when they would say that it would be a poker game featuring 4 characters, but that's about it. What I mean is: there is hardly any other casino card games besides Hold 'Em. At least add like stud, draw, Blackjack, or something like that. For five bucks, and as a poor lad, I probably would have gotten something better with my money. And I'm not a big fan of probabilityThe guys have got it when they would say that it would be a poker game featuring 4 characters, but that's about it. What I mean is: there is hardly any other casino card games besides Hold 'Em. At least add like stud, draw, Blackjack, or something like that. For five bucks, and as a poor lad, I probably would have gotten something better with my money. And I'm not a big fan of probability simulators, as the odds are the computer wins more often that what they should be. Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    I do like Poker.......

But in order for you to succeed as a player pro tip: FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT POKER!! Here's another pro-tip: Bet high regardless of what you've got and pray they don't call you - these characters bottle it WAAAAY too easily. And prepare to be annoyed as the game cons you out of virtual money, and gives you the worst cards this side of the moon - I folded
    I do like Poker.......

And prepare to be annoyed as the game cons you out of virtual money, and gives you the worst cards this side of the moon - I folded 15 times one round, I could only play one hand which was Ace-King, got a full house and ended up losing to a straight which came out of NOWHERE!! And last time I checked, a straight was lower, lower no-less than a full-house. How does that make any sense Tell-tale?? I lost the Iron Curtain over that!

Seriously, good game and all but it's a no-good-cheating game, and minus the heavy and iron curtain you very quickly grow to hate the characters...specially Strong-Bad, what a dick!
  5. Apr 22, 2012
    Love poker games ? Would you like to play with some of the biggest characters of gaming history ? Get this game then and enjoy the night at the inventory while the participant get more and more into the competition spirit.
  6. Jun 22, 2016
    2/15/2012: Who the hell makes a Poker game with no multiplayer? That said, I quite enjoyed Poker Night, even when I consistently got my ♥♥♥ handed to me by Tycho. I admit, I passed it up at first, and only stuck with it as long as it took to unlock the TF2 items, but the time I spent with it was worthwhile. The real appeal of the game was the dialogue. There's great chemistry between the2/15/2012: Who the hell makes a Poker game with no multiplayer? That said, I quite enjoyed Poker Night, even when I consistently got my ♥♥♥ handed to me by Tycho. I admit, I passed it up at first, and only stuck with it as long as it took to unlock the TF2 items, but the time I spent with it was worthwhile. The real appeal of the game was the dialogue. There's great chemistry between the unlikely cast of characters. It's definitely worth the low price of admission, and It might have even taught me Texas Hold'Em well enough that I could play it for real. I'm not booking tickets to Vegas just yet, though. Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2012
    As a new Telltale advocate I may say it's surprising to see how much the experience of a game changes when your script is not onomatopoeic. Not being a fan of poker games and not expecting much from a poker game i was happily surprised. They actually achieved a group game experience in a game which nature could be totally dry. Impressed may i say. Good fun, some laughs and elementalAs a new Telltale advocate I may say it's surprising to see how much the experience of a game changes when your script is not onomatopoeic. Not being a fan of poker games and not expecting much from a poker game i was happily surprised. They actually achieved a group game experience in a game which nature could be totally dry. Impressed may i say. Good fun, some laughs and elemental poker.. plus some items for TF what more can u ask for such a small price? Maybe a patch with extra characters and more dialog (wouldn't mind paying some bucks for other items and extra content for this game)... beyond that... surprisingly great! Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is hilarious, not to mention stuff you'll get on TF2 for playing this game, which is another awesome game. However, it would be nice if the game had more features, such as more kinds of poker. Overall, the game is nice, but it could definitely expand.
  9. Jan 4, 2014
    If all you care about is TF2 unlocks then this game is a 10 out of 10 as it can be found for as cheap as 99 cents. Yay! (Okay you can stop reading now)

If you are also interested in the actual game itself then feel free to read on. Poker Night consists of You, Max, Strong Bad, Tyco, and the TF2 Heavy sitting at a table playing Texas Hold'em poker. There are some rather pointless

If you are also interested in the actual game itself then feel free to read on.

Poker Night consists of You, Max, Strong Bad, Tyco, and the TF2 Heavy sitting at a table playing Texas Hold'em poker. There are some rather pointless cosmetics unlocks (tables and in-game card decks) and of course the all so tasty TF2 items (which I'll get to later).

From a game standpoint the graphics and sound work are good. Production value is right up there too as we get dramatic camera angles and sound bites during the tense moments. And of course lots of banter from the AI players that keep things interesting for a bit.

But, invariably with a game like this the lines are limited. After and hour or two the AI will have to start repeating the same quips over and over which will become more of an annoyance than a positive. You can turn down the chatter setting to the lowest, but it won't matter two hours tops and you've heard almost everything. There is no way to mute them so be prepared to have to constantly speed click through their conversations for the rest of your play time.

Progression wise the game tracks how many hands you've played and won; how many all-ins successfully won-lost, number of players you have knocked out, and of course your overall winnings. Nothing special. Why they don't track second, third, or fourth place finishes or reward you for it is beyond me... instead its an all or nothing affair that more often than not will result in you tracking your progress by your ever increasing negative bank account debt. Hooray?!

But, the true real reason I give this game a 7 is the TF2 items. Its the reason most people buy this game and its what gives the game its re-playability as its the only goal worth achieving. Unfortunately, Tell Tale made it annoying as fk to unlock them. Maybe once in every 8 tournaments one of the AI players will throw in their item and the only way you can win it is by knocking that specific player out. Its pure coincidental luck for this to happen rather than any form of skill. You have to have better cards than that player, have more money than him, then get him to go all in. At any point another AI can knock the guy out and the item goes away. A more sensible fair skill-based solution to unlocking these items would have given the winner of that tournament the prize, but Tell Tale wanted to be annoying a-holes apparently.

Anyways, if you want these items you'll basically have to constantly restart the matches until an AI throws in the item. Then don't bother playing for real... just wait, hope you have more money than him, then go all in whenever he does no matter how crappy your cards are and pray for luck. Its really stupid.

As for unlocking the items legit? Good luck. I've been playing legit for over 8 hours now and haven't unlocked a single TF2 item. Getting so annoying I'm either going to start up the constant restart ALT+F4 bull**** or try and see if The Achievement Manager works. Sure hope they changed the TF2 unlocks in Poker Night 2 cause this system is pointlessly dumb
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    For what it's supposed to be, it's great and certainly worth the cheap price it sells for. Graphics are cartoony and fit the style of the game perfectly. It's simple, it's just poker with funny game characters. And if that's all you expect and want, you'll want to play this game at least a couple times and then abandon it because this doesn't feel like a game you could play all day every day.
  11. Jan 24, 2013
    Fun...Easy to play...gets boring after a few hours of playing. I believe most people have bought it because TF2 stuff...which i think its worthless because it does not enhance anything in that game.
  12. Jun 1, 2013
    This game could be fun if it had a multi-player component. it gets pretty dull just playing single-player with a bunch of computers.
  13. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Poker Night at the Inventory is just another poker game but with its original style: you'll play against characters from other video games. Wow! Great ideas! Too bad no one really cares about these characters (Tycho Brahe from Penny Arcade, Max from Sam & Max, Strong Bad from the eponymous series of adventures, Heavy from TF2). Also, their witty and funny lines are witty and funny only thePoker Night at the Inventory is just another poker game but with its original style: you'll play against characters from other video games. Wow! Great ideas! Too bad no one really cares about these characters (Tycho Brahe from Penny Arcade, Max from Sam & Max, Strong Bad from the eponymous series of adventures, Heavy from TF2). Also, their witty and funny lines are witty and funny only the first three times you listen to them. And you'll get to listen them again, and again, and again... Expand
  14. Jul 20, 2013
    If you are looking at this game, odds are you are looking at the Team Fortress 2 items it unlocks as you progress through the game. And really, that's the main concept behind the game. That doesn't necessarily mean the game is "bad", just not worth replaying. Telltale does provide us with some humorous commentary from the franchises involved such as Sam & Max and Team Fortress, this keepsIf you are looking at this game, odds are you are looking at the Team Fortress 2 items it unlocks as you progress through the game. And really, that's the main concept behind the game. That doesn't necessarily mean the game is "bad", just not worth replaying. Telltale does provide us with some humorous commentary from the franchises involved such as Sam & Max and Team Fortress, this keeps the game from wearing out quicker than it usually does. The poker itself is pretty unremarkable, but the dialogue keeps it going. As you beat your opponents and unlock items for TF2, the dialogue does start lose its humor and becomes repetitive. And once you do collect the last item, there's really no reason to play again, and it seems that was Telltale was going for in this game. Unless you play TF2 (and care about cosmetic items) or are die-hard fans of the franchises, there's no reason to purchase this game. Despite this, the game is worth the price tag of $5 for the funny commentary and items you receive as you play. Expand
  15. Aug 22, 2013
    Poker night at the inventory has funny dialogue and funny interactions between the characters. But to be honest you'll probably play it legit for a bit, then do some system to get the items(that is, not playing properly not actually a cheat but yeah). If you're in to TF2 and want the items then I can recommend it but otherwise unless you're an avid poker fan, give it a miss.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 26, 2011
    No matter if gamers are a fan of casual PC/Mac poker of just looking for an easy way to score some Team Fortress 2 item upgrades, Poker Night at the Inventory is a great bargain that also happens to be a very good poker game with a most unusual collection of card competitors.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 15, 2011
    Popular game of poker mixed up with memorable games-related characters could look stupid at first sight, but it works surprisingly well, even if you are a newbie to high stake games. [Issue#199]
  3. PC Gamer
    Jan 7, 2011
    Poker Night is weak on the fundamentals of card playing, but it's worthwhile for several hours of comedy dialog. [Feb 2011, p.78]