6.7

1. Apr 7, 2013
    I couldn't wait to get it over with. Forgotten Sands is nowhere as enjoyable as its predecessors; the game has been stripped of combos, secrets and weapons in favor of a very much simpler combat system and level design, making it look like "Prince of Persia for Dummies" for long-time fans of the series. The storyline is rather shallow and linear, not much fun there either. On the otherI couldn't wait to get it over with. Forgotten Sands is nowhere as enjoyable as its predecessors; the game has been stripped of combos, secrets and weapons in favor of a very much simpler combat system and level design, making it look like "Prince of Persia for Dummies" for long-time fans of the series. The storyline is rather shallow and linear, not much fun there either. On the other hand, the new game mechanics, while sometimes can be fun, are very confusing to grasp. The PC version is shot full of bugs and the controls are TERRIBLE, there are problems with pole jumps from left to right so you often end up falling your death, which made the game very irritating for me. I was forced to download savegames and skip whole chunks of the game because the controls and the camera made it impossible to leap through some spots. The camera is also a pain during some boss fights preventing you to see the barrels with energy. Why don't they leave the blasted camera free already?! Everything would be so much simpler! This uninspired game made me reinstall The Sands of Time, there was a lot more fun in there. Good thing I got it for €2,50 on Steam! Expand
  2. Sep 6, 2010
    I don't know what gamers are smoking, but this game is short, boring and uninspiring. I recommend playing PoP Sands of Time / Warrior Within / Two Thrones, and the spiritual successor Assasin's Creed 1 & 2

Short Review: Graphics - 7 - The 360 doesn't have PC horsepower, and the visuals are very good - 8 on the PC. Sound - 6 - Average at best. Gameplay - 6 - Repetitive gameplay - New

Short Review:
    Sound - 6 - Average at best.
    Gameplay - 6 - Repetitive gameplay - New mechanichs are forced and boring - Bad combat mechanics - Uninspiring Skills.
    Story - 4 - The story has ONLY 4 characters including PoP. Uninspiring & predictive. A 5 year old child could come up with a better story. The ending is a joke.
    Extras - 6 - It unlocks two extra modes, very short and not rewarding.

Conclusion: I love PoP, and Assasin's Creed (they are VERY similar). The Forgotten Sands feels short, rushed, boring (it becomes VERY repetitive) and doesn't keep up to any old PoP game.
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    I'll put it in a nutshell:
    I'll put it in a nutshell:
    1) so called "connection with the trilogy of PoP" - none OR really small, the game does not reveal anything interesting about Prince life between Sands of Time and Warrior Withing - but it HAD TO. Truly speaking - no connection detected at all, yeapp, several known names and cases are mentioned, but it looks like a lame attempt to convince us in the connection with the well-known trilogy... Total facepalm.
    2) acrobatics - simply pathetic, especially after you've played any of Assassin's Creed games. It's 2010 - why the hell the acrobatics became even worser than on Two Thrones??!!!
    3) battle system... no comments... The best battle system was in Warrior Within.
  4. Dec 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has presented some of the most uniquye obstacles I've ever seen. The level design is challenging, but I found myself going .."not this again.." many times. The last stage in the sky was amazing and the level where you scale the sides of the buildings made me sweat in anxiety. The combat system is easy to use but I found the monster difficulty almost too easy. You really only need a few points in your tech tree to win the game. Nothing new in terms of the boss monsters, there are really only 3 types of monsters. The acting was good particularly from the main character and the model animation was pretty well done. But I could care less for the Russian accent on the chick. Graphics are nice, but using the high quality texture option slowed my system down too much (C2D 8400 / 9600 GT). The game crashed consistently on one of the levels if I used the time function, don't remember which one. It also skipped the instructions when you learn air attack. I had no idea what to do until I googled around. It also skipped the part where Ratash escapes the first time so I don't know how I got away. There were many times when the game didn't know where I was jumping and made me use a time jewel. The controls are a bit laggy, but bearable.

I would definitely play another version of this take on PoP, but give a little variety and options, not so much a linear boxed environment.
  5. Feb 7, 2016
    "The Forgotten Sands" starts with a mediocre story that can be ignored after 5 minutes of playing the game, while the caracters do not seem that interesting either. The players starts by exploring and fighting the enemy outside the castle, but ends up inside it, "exploring" an infinite number of boring and non-imaginative rooms that for a strange reason... are one after another. It's like"The Forgotten Sands" starts with a mediocre story that can be ignored after 5 minutes of playing the game, while the caracters do not seem that interesting either. The players starts by exploring and fighting the enemy outside the castle, but ends up inside it, "exploring" an infinite number of boring and non-imaginative rooms that for a strange reason... are one after another. It's like the castle has no floors, or different sections, just rooms in a liniar direction. The leveling is a little bit slower, which makes getting some usefull power attacks slow, to the point that are not longer usefull. The fights with the minibosses is boring and thanks to the stupid camera, makes the fights way harder than the fights are.
    Sadly after playing it, all I can say is this game is by far one of the most boring games I have ever played, mostly because of the level design, camera and sadly lack of any diversity in the gameplay design.
  6. Aug 28, 2012
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is a disappointment. While it haves great graphics, interesting story and some great puzzles, It is terribly easy and it haves some bad issues and glitches. Even the game launcher is a failure, a letdown launcher, because of some terrible issues while launching. POP: TFS would be great, without those issues. 53 out of 100
  7. Oct 29, 2016
    não é o pior jogo do mundo, mas os defeitos com certeza se sobressaem às qualidades.
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands até tem uns puzzles divertidos, e uns poderes legais das areias do tempo (que não são mais chamadas de areias do tempo, mas eu vo chamar assim pra sempre). Os gráficos são bonitões mesmo eu só tendo jogado no final de 2017, quase 7 anos após o lançamento.
    Mas o jogo
    Mas o jogo que antes tinha combos, diferentes armas e era absurdamente estiloso virou quase um hack'n'slash; e pior: um hack'n'slash fácil. Bobo de tão fácil. Fuzile seu botão esquerdo do mouse que ce mata tudo sem dificuldade alguma, não precisa nem usar os poderes das areias do tempo. Pra vc ter ideia da facilidade nem mesmo um botão de defesa eles colocaram, afinal literalmente não é necessário defender.

Os puzzles são interessantes é uma confusão de comandos que até isso se torna entediante e frustrante, fora a câmera que não se decide ser automática ou deixar o player controlar e acaba atrapalhando em tudo o tempo todo. Pulos simples se tornam uma tortura por causa da camera travada e as mini-cutscenes durante algum golpe especial some pq a camera entra na parede, teto ou objetos.
    Tudo isso somado à uma história cliche e desinspirada torna o jogo pra lá de esquecivel. Serve pra passar uma tarde chuvosa se vc nao tiver nada mais pra fazer (aliás o jogo não dura muito mais que uma tarde mesmo).
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    Bad graphics on the prince. Good graphics on the bad guys. A typical POP game. No new stuff or advancements. The only thing I really love about this game is its ever-hard gameplay and strategic ways to escape obstacles.
  9. Aug 2, 2015
    I completed this game right after finishing the Sands of Time Trilogy. I have to admit it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be but still I enjoyed it while it lasted.
    First of all I found the graphics a bit weird. Although they are of high quality I didn't like how the Prince is made and in general they appeared a bit unnatural (as if everything was made by wax, that's how I can best describe it). The soundtrack is amazing. The gameplay is too linear. I mean, ok the whole Sands of Time trilogy has linear gameplay but in The Forgotten Sands even the camera shows you where to go, while in other POPs you have to search a bit at least. The fight system is too easy (even for a simple gamer like me) and the new point/experience system doesn't belong to a POP game in my opinion. The story is totally irrelevant with any other POP game (and has nothing in common with the Sands of Time trilogy except of the "sands" in the title)
    To sum it up, it's more like a Movie-Game which is fun to play for a while (doesn't last for long anyway) but can't be compared with any other POP game. I'd recommend it if you want to play all POPs but only if you can find it in a low price. (5-6 eu for example)
  10. Aug 11, 2020
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME RANK : 6.50-IIIIIIIIII====================
  11. Feb 6, 2020
    8/10 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. PC PowerPlay
    Inoffensive, easy and relatively fun. [Sept 2010, p.60]
  2. Forgettable story, linear levels, some technical snafus, boss copy-pasting, combat issues... the list of bits that don't quite cut it is long and it is all over far too quickly, yet Forgotten Sands is a fine addition to the Prince of Persia storyline that plays well and manages to capture some of the platforming magic of Sands of Time.
  3. PC Gamer UK
    Button-mashing combat and new powers aren't particularly inspiring, but the large-scale level puzzles are rock solid. [Aug 2010, p.96]