5.4

1. May 14, 2019
    Good gunplay and lot of upgade buffs

BUT

BAD story
    Bad characters
    Bad voice acting
    Bad empty world
    Boring overall
  2. May 14, 2019
    Would not recommend unless on sale.

Its a decent game but its not worth of its current price tag.

Contents start to run dry and become repetitive after awhile. But the gun play is good and dynamic.
  3. May 14, 2019
    This game is incredibly boring. I don't even think that I will be able to force myself to complete it.
    The first Rage was a pretty unpopular game and I feel like the sequel will be forgotten pretty quickly.
    You can really feel that Avalanche has had to do with this game, it really feels like a triple B game with their same old boring and uninteresting open-worlds. The combat mechanics
    The combat mechanics feels boring and at times even unresponsive. Don't even get me started on the awful driving mechanics and sound design... Difficulty levels are strange af.
    This game feels really stiff and as you could imagine, stiffness in a fps pretty much ruins the whole experience.
    Uninteresting story. Characters and the protagonist is just meh.
    Not too fond of the graphics and look of the game either...
    ID should've just developed this in house and kept Avalanche out of it. Hopefully this doesn't affect Doom Eternal in any way.
    I can't really recommend this game to anyone as it's not even a good time-waster.

Edit: The shotgun is probably the worst I've experienced in any game ever. Feels underpowered and no oomph to it!
    Plus if you're a fan of Bethesda, the bugs probably won't disappoint you either.
  4. May 14, 2019
    Typical bugthesda game. To be honest the shooter mechanics are great, but the rest is awefull. Empty open world, boring characters, zero and I mean ZERO story.
    For 10-15 h campaign it is not worth 60-70 $/€. Days gone is a ton more fun than this game and has no microtransactions
  5. GJA
    May 14, 2019
    The game is made by Bugthesda. AKA the new EA, AKA that company who like scamming their customers. Denuvo was announced AFTER release, and they require the installation of their shi*ty game launcher even after purchasing on Steam. Avoid.
  6. May 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Мыльная графика, однообразный скучный геймплей, отсутствие сюжета, пустая, никчемная игра Expand
  7. May 19, 2019
    I miss when Devs would make the game they wanted,not what research and marketing think we want.Rage 2 has the dullest open world since Mafia 3 and the main difference between Rage and Rage 2 is that it simply takes longer to drive to the core loop.I also miss the mini games from the first game.These,combined with races and MBTV at least made a corridor shooter a little more interesting.AnI miss when Devs would make the game they wanted,not what research and marketing think we want.Rage 2 has the dullest open world since Mafia 3 and the main difference between Rage and Rage 2 is that it simply takes longer to drive to the core loop.I also miss the mini games from the first game.These,combined with races and MBTV at least made a corridor shooter a little more interesting.An open world game needs variety and a lot of weapons,tools and loot,none of which this game has.Sure it has some powers (If you call double jump a power,),but sadly they are mostly dull and the player has to work really hard to eek some fun out of this lifeless shooter.Characters and story are uninteresting and I coundn't have cared less who anyone was or what they said.That includes my own incredibly generic "Ranger" who is Joe or Jane Nobodycares.At least the shooting itself is expectedly solid. Expand
  8. Jul 6, 2019
    Game is so epic it crashes at launch. Also, a base ps4 and Xbox can run this game but PC needs a minimum of Ryzen proc? Really Bethesda? Wow. Another "fantastic" PC release for Bethesda.
  9. May 22, 2019
    Denuvo, Microtransactions (in a single player game!), Bethesda-net... NO
    I expected better from you Bethesda
  10. Jun 7, 2019
    The game starts out fairly okay, shortly after you realize everything is pretty much the same as far as content goes and you are just repeating events everywhere. The world is designed to have the player drive around more or less as a filler to add more time to how long it takes the player to beat the game.

The story is relatively boring and lack luster even on Nightmare difficulty I

The story is relatively boring and lack luster even on Nightmare difficulty I had no issues with feeling out gunned. I did however find myself getting so bored and tired of feeling like "Didn't I just do this" every time I did a new mission that I uninstalled the game half way through and will never bother with it again.
  11. May 15, 2019
    Another Game of The Clown Year contender full of SJW garbage.

You play as some kind of solder who constantly needs to be told by women what to do, because you're a dumbo white male who doesn't know how anything works or what to do. Despite women making up 4% of FPS gamers, and 15% of the army force we need to have a 50/50 split in games such as these despite women looking like
    Another Game of The Clown Year contender full of SJW garbage.

Despite women making up 4% of FPS gamers, and 15% of the army force we need to have a 50/50 split in games such as these despite women looking like complete clueless clowns in such roles.

I can suspend my disbelief when playing a female in a game such as Tomb Raider, but having women on a battlefield, telling men what to do, and not cowered in the corner having a panic attack is just laughable.

Don't bother with this, wait for Doom Eternal.

But since it's another ID software / Bethesda production, i would wait for reviews and gameplay videos.
  12. May 16, 2019
    Shooting is very good, everything else in this game is terrible and uninspired. Story, dialogues, writing, exploration, it's all among the worst I have played in years, I couldn't push myself to continue it over the first 2 hours once the fun of the shooting reached the "okay this is cool, but what else is there to look forward to?" stage. There's just no reason to keep playing besides theShooting is very good, everything else in this game is terrible and uninspired. Story, dialogues, writing, exploration, it's all among the worst I have played in years, I couldn't push myself to continue it over the first 2 hours once the fun of the shooting reached the "okay this is cool, but what else is there to look forward to?" stage. There's just no reason to keep playing besides the shooting, and as good as that is that's not nearly enough to carry the whole game.

The Open World design also harms this game much more than it helps it imo, since exploration is pointless and not satisfying in any way, doesn't even feel like it was designed to be open world.

If it was a looter shooter you could maybe feel motivated to continue based on the excitement of loot, but there's none of that either in this game, you just get resources for upgrades. In conclusion, there's nothing to this game besides some mindless good shooting, and you can play games that give you that for free nowadays instead of spending a full 60€ for this
  13. May 15, 2019
    Boring. Lacks good story and writing. Feels like farming Ubisoft games, but worse. Open world is boring. AI is stupid. Shooting mechanic feels good.
  14. May 18, 2019
    Boring, silly, folly.

The designers of the avalanche studio game are something extremely untalented.
    Just cause x, mad max, Rage 2..
    Developers should be given prison.

Bad gameplay
    Terrible gunplay
    Overcomplicated ui
    Trash music
    Terrible facial animation
    No story

Typical avalanche trash game.
    Shame...
  15. May 21, 2019
    BFG behind paywall.

I thought the day 1 edition of rage 1 was bad (I have it, and where you choose between 3 classes with slightly different bonuses you can instead choose a fourth class with all the bonuses) but putting the best gun in the game behind a paywall?
  16. Jun 3, 2019
    Mindless shooter with no story whatsoever, bad to mediocre graphics and semi good shooting. Put on top of that a laggy menus , obtrusive tutorials and popups with the worst driving mechanics i saw in a game since 20 years back and you have a recipe to successfully bury the RAGE franchise.

Good job Bethesda. i wish you didn't make a second installment as i would have kept the first RAGE in my fond memories as one of the more innovative and fun games of its time. But now that its gone.

I cant understand why this was rated by a top review sites with more than 6 .
  17. May 15, 2019
    Pros
    Amazing gunplay

Cons
    empty world
    bad voice acting
    outdated graphics
    way too shiny and weird lighting and colors
    bad characters
    bad story
  18. May 16, 2019
    It's a Single-Player game with a store where you can buy cosmetic items with real money, enough said!
  19. May 15, 2019
    Sorry for my English!

Rage 2 is a shame. It has potential, but it's never utilized. The story? Ridiculous. Worst story I've ever heard, and I reading Sci Fi since 1990. Graphic? Boring. Not bad or ugly, just boring. Characters? Boring too. Color palette? What is this pink ummm... trash? World? Wasted potential: you can't enter most of the buildings, there are really no
    Sorry for my English!

Rage 2 is a shame. It has potential, but it's never utilized.

The story? Ridiculous.
    Worst story I've ever heard, and I reading Sci Fi since 1990.

Graphic? Boring.
    Not bad or ugly, just boring.

Characters? Boring too.

Color palette? What is this pink ummm... trash?

World? Wasted potential: you can't enter most of the buildings, there are really no dungeons/mazes, and those that exist, way too small to have fun.
  20. May 18, 2019
    rage 2 отменная дрысня. Какие нахрен яркие цвета и мыльное мыльцо? Вы там что курите?
  21. May 14, 2019
    Poor controls, repetitive gameplay, crap story.. You got about 6 hours of campaign with another 20 hours of repetitive fluff.. Don't buy unless you can get it for sub 20 bucks.
  22. May 26, 2019
    Говоря откровенно это не игра, лишь буря из говна и цветов,абсолютно пресная история,отвратительные персонажи, однообразность геймплея, а также игра просто скучная и надоедает очень быстро,никакой атмосферы ни пост-апокалипсиса, ни в принципе хоть какой либо атмосферы и пустой мир.Взять в пример вышедшую не так давно farcry 5, он схож по механике, но вот только там атмосфера на уровне.АГоворя откровенно это не игра, лишь буря из говна и цветов,абсолютно пресная история,отвратительные персонажи, однообразность геймплея, а также игра просто скучная и надоедает очень быстро,никакой атмосферы ни пост-апокалипсиса, ни в принципе хоть какой либо атмосферы и пустой мир.Взять в пример вышедшую не так давно farcry 5, он схож по механике, но вот только там атмосфера на уровне.А почему? очень просто дело в том что правильно подобрано звуковое сопровождение и цветокоррекция.Мчатьт по ночным дорогам сквозь захваченые дома и селения сектантами и слушать рок, крайне атмосферно. Мир. Разрабы попытались разнообразить мир,но сделали это крайне тупо, просто вшили в игру код по которому в рандомном месте на обочине появляется группировка бандитов или дорожное огорождение тех же бандитов.Итог. Один балл за неплохую физику стрельбы,второй балл за физику машин и третий за попытку(да именно попытку) сделать харизматичных персонажей. P.S Игра очень мыльная и плохо оптимизирована,часты просадки фпс и это на моем довольно мощном пк, который тянет на ультра в 60+ фпс, что в fallout 4, что в bf 1(при большом угле обзора), что в ведьмаке 3 и так далее. Expand
  23. May 16, 2019
    Rage 2 is just a crying shame. I would genuinely love to be a fly on the wall in these studios to see exactly how they make such a mess out of such an opportunity of a game as Rage 2. Seriously who in their development team thought that the writing was okay? I've never felt so uncomfortable listening to dialogue in a video game before. Do they not put any thought into making these games?Rage 2 is just a crying shame. I would genuinely love to be a fly on the wall in these studios to see exactly how they make such a mess out of such an opportunity of a game as Rage 2. Seriously who in their development team thought that the writing was okay? I've never felt so uncomfortable listening to dialogue in a video game before. Do they not put any thought into making these games? How can we possibly make it so the world doesn't feel so empty and lifeless, how do we make it so missions all seem unique and have you doing interesting and varied tasks? Clearly these questions were not asked.

It's a real shame because there are some incredible people who work on these games, I just wish the heads of these companies would give them the creative freedom and time they need to make good games.
  24. May 15, 2019
    В этой игре отвратительно все. Мыльная мультяшная графика в фиолетово - розовых тонах, примитивные механики, пустой и неинтересный мир, убогая анимация персонажей, плохо реализованная стрельба, отсутствие сюжета, скучный и однообразный геймплей с устаревшими механиками. Плохой клон таких игр как DOOM, Wolfenstein, Destiny, Borderlands и т.д. нельзя в 2019 году выпускать такой примитивныйВ этой игре отвратительно все. Мыльная мультяшная графика в фиолетово - розовых тонах, примитивные механики, пустой и неинтересный мир, убогая анимация персонажей, плохо реализованная стрельба, отсутствие сюжета, скучный и однообразный геймплей с устаревшими механиками. Плохой клон таких игр как DOOM, Wolfenstein, Destiny, Borderlands и т.д. нельзя в 2019 году выпускать такой примитивный продукт Expand
  25. May 19, 2019
    More of Bethesda's unfinished garbage yet again.
    Everything about the game feels really cheesy.
    The game in no way makes me want to come back to it and is overall a boring mess.
  26. May 13, 2019
    Bugs, crashes, 5$ for a gun skin microtransactions, This is a farewell to company that released Morrowind.
  27. May 16, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I literally finished the game in 5 hours, yes 5 hours for 60 bucks, 5 hours of fetch quest, of boring and empty open world and unimaginative and bad story, the dubbing isn't always great, the cars are awful to drive with a keyboard, you definitely need a controller for that.
    The gameplay is good, some classic fast fps gameplay that you probably have already played in rage 1, Wolfenstein, doom. But nothing new, interesting.

Nothing really linked the two games except a 5 min cinematic in the beginning of the game, two or three Easter eggs which are really cool and that's it.
    The bad guy is cool but you will only see him three times, yeah, I'm not even joking, his voice is the only one that is worth noticing.
    All the upgrades feel useless, the open world looks awful and it's one of the ugliest games I have ever seen in my life, there is no consistence to this game, sometimes it looks really good (most of the time it's inside the city etc.) and sometimes it looks awful.

This game has nothing for him, it's boring, ugly, uninteresting and expensive.

This is the last time I will ever be hyped for a Bethesda game, I waited so long for this one, loved the first one so much, but that’s what I got, 5h of bad experiences for 60$

They couldn’t even protect the game correctly, they forgot to implement denuvo for the game which is crazy to me, that just shows how careless they were.

Go buy Mad Max, Rage 1 or any other game at that point, everything else will be a better experience than this game.
  28. May 17, 2019
    If they had focused on the combat it may have been a funner game. Instead, the same open-world tropes are used and abused to pad the content and it shows. Short, exciting bouts of combat are spaced out between inane collection hunting. Meh.
  29. May 14, 2019
    In delux edition has BFG and BOOSTER XP. But that is not all. Rage coins for real money. What?
    In game for 60 dollars. Bethesda just spits on the players and his reputation. I was waiting Rage 2, I wanted to buy Rage 2. Rage is AAA game with F2P elements. Skins are part of the game. And the same system will be in Wolfesntin: Youngblood. I will buy this month A Plague Tale. I want to play games without microtransactions. Because in paid games content should be limited only by progression.
  30. May 16, 2019
    Awful game! Extremely repetitive and the world is empty so it's clear not much thought or time was put into it.
  31. May 16, 2019
    game with bad graphics, boring, short story, the authors did not try, just decided to make money quickly, they do not forgive
  32. May 18, 2019
    Another mediocre, bland and repetitive open world game. Bad graphics with tons of low res textures, bad story and 90% of the game is just "optional" repetitive garbage. It's really short and can be completed in 10 hours. Also this game is built on top of Mad Max (another garbage game) which is super obvious. I can't mention a single high quality game developed by Avalanche, because thereAnother mediocre, bland and repetitive open world game. Bad graphics with tons of low res textures, bad story and 90% of the game is just "optional" repetitive garbage. It's really short and can be completed in 10 hours. Also this game is built on top of Mad Max (another garbage game) which is super obvious. I can't mention a single high quality game developed by Avalanche, because there simply are none. Expand
  33. May 18, 2019
    pink game for pink people, not for a normal man. If the publisher wants a lot of money and a lot of players, he should focus on the normal man, not the pink people.
  34. May 21, 2019
    Just awful. First time the game made me vomit after 30 minutes in, just wow! Another generic nobrain shooter game with horrible graphics. Believe me, they made the game look worse than DOOM 2015 (that was made on the same engine as RAGE 2). This is so funny because people actually buy this game, this describes a new generations of players, this is what they need - crappy purple flashingJust awful. First time the game made me vomit after 30 minutes in, just wow! Another generic nobrain shooter game with horrible graphics. Believe me, they made the game look worse than DOOM 2015 (that was made on the same engine as RAGE 2). This is so funny because people actually buy this game, this describes a new generations of players, this is what they need - crappy purple flashing lights shooting and running through gameplay. No story, no characters, just "open" world and nothing more. We've stepped into an era of trash computer games after this game, ladies and gentlemen. And you know, they really lost the feeling of GUNS, you are shooting with some... I don't know, its not even made of plastic, its a WOODEN GUNS you shoot in this game. Guys who made DOOM were helping them in the process of making this game and they f*cked up with guns... I don't believe in games anymore. Expand
  35. May 16, 2019
    This game is so bad that gave me depression. In the first minutes I tough, could it be just this mission but no.
    Extremely Bad History, Bad Characters, Bad Voice Acting, Boring world. This game makes FC New Dawn looks like a masterpiece.
  36. May 14, 2019
    I would be rating this a lot higher if it weren't for the extremely anti-consumer practices that Bethesda/id have implemented into the game. DLC that you already paid for locked behind a Bethesda.net account, Denuvo DRM implemented into the game and only announced to the public less than a day before release, shameful microtransactions in a $60 singleplayer videogame. It's atrocious. II would be rating this a lot higher if it weren't for the extremely anti-consumer practices that Bethesda/id have implemented into the game. DLC that you already paid for locked behind a Bethesda.net account, Denuvo DRM implemented into the game and only announced to the public less than a day before release, shameful microtransactions in a $60 singleplayer videogame. It's atrocious. I refuse to even discuss the gameplay, story, graphics, sound or say a single positive word about the game, because of the previously mentioned and absolutely disgusting facts. Do not buy this game. Do not support anti-consumer companies like Bethesda and now (much to my dismay) id. I had hoped and prayed that Fallout 76 was a fluke and that Bethesda could still redeem themselves, but it's obvious now they have changed and I will never purchase another game that is in any way attached to their brand, because they can no longer be trusted. Expand
  37. May 16, 2019
    No FUN at all

Gunplay is only O.K.
    Full of Bugs
    Stupid Story
    Bad Open World
    Graphics look like from 2010
  38. May 20, 2019
    Looked nice in the character select section. Then got out the door and it froze my PC. Like balls up, unresponsive. Had to do hard reset. Have been fearful to play it ever since.
  39. May 14, 2019
    Boring, boring boring boring.... how it's possible to make this type of game in 2019 ? Just I don't understand. Story is bad, characters are bad also.. Not funny.. Ugly game..
    8 hours for 70€ YEEEAH
  40. May 18, 2019
    Great gunplay. I just used the generic ass "assault rifle" the whole time. Spent all my points upgrading it and melted everything.

The best weapon in the game is just spamming "F" and melee killing in one shot. "braaaappppp > melee > Braaaaaapppp > melee" = you win, over and over and over. The plot sucks, you're 25 years old and have never been outside the small base. You never met

The plot sucks, you're 25 years old and have never been outside the small base. You never met any of these people who all know the woman who raised you? You never knew about any of the 10 "projects" your own people were working on? You have a base full of super advanced technology and the best soldiers but somehow the "authority" sneaks up on you and wipes your whole base out, but when you leave the base you can stomp any "authority" forces out like they are nothing? Every ARK is literally within a 2 mile radius but the "rangers" have never scouted them?

The whole game is an unbelievably boring check mark chasing, follow the dots, run of the mill shooter.

The NPCs just make me want to kill every thing in the game. You never need to hear anything they say. They just talk agonizingly slow about what checkmark to chase, there is no back and forth, no selectable retorts. Just save your time, press E to talk to them and instantly press F to skip the voice dialogue. I listened to all of the dialogue from the totally boring NPCs from 2 towns and I just wanted to nuke the entire game.

After winning the "race" in one try without the rest of the cars even near me I just uninstalled the game.

Everything feels like a chore. Why "race" when all you need to do is press forward and steer?

You can perch/peek and kill all the authority turrets without taking any damage.

You can take all the zones just by running around and melee one shotting every enemy.

All the mutant fights are the same, throw 6 grenades, then you sidestep and shoot them in the face while jumping.
  41. May 17, 2019
    The game isn't worth 60$
    The combat is a major downgrade from DOOM 2016 ,the weapons sound effects are laughably bad the pacing is simply ****
    The vehicles are a bad joke avalanche studies canser is spreading into ID SOFTWARE creative direction.
    A hard skip untile the fix this broken peace of ****
  42. May 13, 2019
    Cero variedad de armas. usas el mismo fusil todo el tiempo. Ni el color le puede cambiar. Si quieres un juego con historia floja, solo disparos y los mismo y lo mismo este es tu juego. Un call of duty mad max.
  43. May 16, 2019
    Remember when Rage was a bad shooter with mechanics from other games at the time were poorly implemented onto it with no reason or purpose? Well Rage 2 resisted being a battle royale but couldn't resist other poor mechanics.
  44. May 16, 2019
    This game is way worse than I thought.

This game is way worse than I thought.

The graphics looks like something from 2012. The story is bland and so are the characters. The driving is just copy pasted from Mad Max and the shooting is nothing special, feels like an average fps game. The worst part though is the optimization for PC. I don't know if it is because of denuvo but it stutters and lags all the time. Compared to much better looking games like the Witcher 3, Crysis or even my modded Skyrim, this POS runs like crap. I know it is not because of my computer since I can run almost any modern AAA game without problems (Resident Evil 2 Remake, Witcher 3, Battlefield V and Fallout 4 are just some examples).

I am disappointed since I really wanted this game to be good. Avalanche usually release good games but this is not one of them.
  45. May 14, 2019
    I really want to refund , but hope that patches will fix at least half of the problems.
  46. May 16, 2019
    So.. there are alot of faults with this game, Sound, Graphics, AI, oh the controls..

overall graphics are fine, sure the graphics looks a bit old but this is not a problem. sounds are not as good! sound clips out, get fragmented or vanishes completely in really important events like the main story missions, AI is.. not bad but not good either, they don't really do anything but run

AI is.. not bad but not good either, they don't really do anything but run towards you hiding occasionally, and throwing a grenade.. or 10

i personally hated the controls, i tried playing on a keyboard at first but gave up and switched to a Xbox one control, which was OK.

the story is about 5-10 hours, and the story is pretty much just going to the other side of the map killing somebody. ingame history is a bit flawed, it does not make you more interested in the game and makes you start to to "overlook" those random datapads scattered around the world

the normal difficulty is insanely easy.

driving is occasionally fun, in the beginning anyway, when you get a certain vehicle you stop using any other vehicle and only go "driving" with that specific vehicle, completely breaking the game as you have unlimited fuel. when it comes to modding the vehicles in this game, it seems that you can only upgrade your first vehicle, any other is a no go, which for me was quite boring.

weapon and skills modding sure looks amazing at first but after leveling everything to max, its a bit basic, more bullets per second type of mods. the skills get stronger but it does not give the skill any difference in looks or "impact" on the user! a level 5 skills looks like a level 1 skill.

i like the weapons tough! the second function of every weapon does bring something to the table,
    but is not enough to carry the whole game. the game is called Rage, and should be about Rage, the power of Rage, and what rage can do to people! both when it comes to skills, and shotguns

i do not recommend this game
  47. May 25, 2019
    Its so mediocre its almost painful. The action and gun-play are fun and thats about it. Forgettable characters, player, scenery, and story. Also if you put in mandatory racing missions in a shooter game with **** vehicle controls i hope your company goes bankrupt.
  48. May 18, 2019
    It looks bad, it sounds bad, it plays bad. It should be called "Boring Rage 2". This is a soulless game. I won't recommend anyone to play it.
  49. Jun 3, 2019
    Well, first few hours of this game was pretty fun and actually kinda promising. But then, when you get deeper into the game it gets monotonous, repetitive and pretty much boring in general.

The combat system is fun (but only for a few hours, at least for me personally). Gunfight is similar to Doom (2016), it's just in Rage 2 this combat gets boring pretty quickly because lack of good weapons, same enemies and boring map. It's also frustrating that even with good upgrades on your character you still have to put 2/3 of your magazine bullets to one enemy so it's slows down a pace of combat.

Driving in this game for me was okay. I got hang of it pretty fast, so it wasn't cancer for me, like many other reviewers have stated.

Story, secondary characters and map of the game - all these 3 aspects was a let down for me. There's no depth in story whatsoever, you just get boring villain and that's about it. Pretty much all the time I was playing Rage 2 I sat on my chair with complete poker face, no emotions (I played this on hard). Now I remember playing Mad Max - and there were such a great moments story related, such an amazing cutscenes and intense fighting in enemy camps. Sadly, Rage 2 has pretty much none of that.

Graphics, audio and sound was alright. Although there was some few bugs with physics, some textures missing or some voice lines muted, but nothing game breaking.

Let me just say this - if it was indie type of game, for let's say around 20-30 euros then this would be good, or at least okay. But as a Triple A game I expected much more content from Bethesda, id and Avalanche Studios (bear in mind the latter also developed Mad Max which was great game for me).

This definitely not worth 60/80 euros, no way. Wait a sale, till the price drops to half, because for a full price, the content you get - this is a f**king joke.
  50. May 23, 2019
    This game is just awful. Complete waste of money. Looks ok, but that's about it. I would recommend waiting for ANYTHING else.
  51. May 24, 2019
    The game looks like it was really good originally, and deliberately ruined with terrible design decisions. The guns are a letdown (after the "open world DOOM marketing bulls**t), and the driving mechanics are just simply the worst I've ever seen. And the main storyline locked behind it! You have a lot of patchin' to do guys!
  52. Jun 6, 2019
    Good shooting mechanics and that's all. Terrible game design, no plot, useles char leveling, and the main claim is very annoying modal messages.
  53. Jul 23, 2019
    Poor story and overall look and feel is quite cheap. Not interesting to play at all.
  54. Sep 17, 2019
    A pure grinder. It's like they assumed if they included a checklist of features that make other games great, they'd have a great game. Open world? Check. Upgradeable weapons and abilities? Check. Crazy characters? Check. Etc. Except if there's a story I don't know what it is, the controls make me nauseous so I can only play in short bursts (if I still played), they made EVERYTHINGA pure grinder. It's like they assumed if they included a checklist of features that make other games great, they'd have a great game. Open world? Check. Upgradeable weapons and abilities? Check. Crazy characters? Check. Etc. Except if there's a story I don't know what it is, the controls make me nauseous so I can only play in short bursts (if I still played), they made EVERYTHING upgradeable, it's confusing as heck, and pointless. The abilities suck, and you don't even notice the upgrades to the weapons. You just drive around shoot guys over and over. Expand
  55. Jul 30, 2019
    Hey, Bethesda, what's wrong with you? You did great games, Morrowind, Fallout, etc. And now you doing THIS? No, game is not bad (and also not good), but very short and very boring after a few hours. And it's very expensive for this little story.
  56. Jun 8, 2019
    Utter trash and bland game. The definition of a game which shouldn't be open world. Massive and empty world. The gameplay is mediocre, if you love bullet sponges it is the game for you. The new "special powers" are pointless. If you want a better first person shooter, save your money and get 2016 Doom, a much better game.
  57. Jul 9, 2019
    Good game until you try to access player menu, then it freezes or crashes to desktop. Also it has very little to do in such a big open world, seems unfinished and should not have been released yet.
  58. Aug 21, 2019
    I bought Rage 2 when it was just released in May. It had many problems - it crashed frequently but it ran. Then Bethesda applied a fix (Hot Fix 2) after which my game no longer ran. After playing for several months, the game crashed when launched. Bethesda put me through a ton of procedures to fix the problem. Nothing worked. After playing Rage 2 for 3 months they said my computer wasI bought Rage 2 when it was just released in May. It had many problems - it crashed frequently but it ran. Then Bethesda applied a fix (Hot Fix 2) after which my game no longer ran. After playing for several months, the game crashed when launched. Bethesda put me through a ton of procedures to fix the problem. Nothing worked. After playing Rage 2 for 3 months they said my computer was inadequate. They couldn't fix my problem & they won't refund my $90. Be warned this could happen to you.

I liked Rage 2 but I will never buy a Bethesda game again.

1. Aug 1, 2019
    We have to admit that the single player in this game has no potential. Not everyone wants to play all day long, exploring the map, like in Fallout – it just gets boring. Rage 2 could become a perfect Battle Royale experience or pretty simple MMO, but as the game, designed for single player walkthrough, it can keep your interest only for a couple of evenings, perhaps forcing you to come back from time to time to explore all corners of this world.
  2. Jun 28, 2019
    Rage 2 can be an enjoyable experience… to a certain extent. Unfortunately, you will hit that wall in just a few hours.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 26, 2019
    Beautiful and varied world, high-speed vehicle combat, fine-tuned gunfights - on its own, every aspect of this game is great. But Rage 2 as a whole is somehow less than sum of its parts. [Issue#238, p.34]