6.3

1. Feb 12, 2021
    Best looking video game as of February 2021. Absolutely no other game looks better. I have tested 100s of different games on max setting / 4K and no other game has better weather effects, mud/water/snow. It's just so extremely well done. Absolute masterclass of video game making. While it truly impressed me, i wasn't shocked, because Rockstar has always been known as top-tier gameBest looking video game as of February 2021. Absolutely no other game looks better. I have tested 100s of different games on max setting / 4K and no other game has better weather effects, mud/water/snow. It's just so extremely well done. Absolute masterclass of video game making. While it truly impressed me, i wasn't shocked, because Rockstar has always been known as top-tier game developer. After what they presented here, i can't wait to see what they do with GTA 6. Expand
  2. Nov 7, 2020
    Yeah it had bad launch but come on. This deserves way higher user score. This game is absolute masterpiece. Thankfully steam has better user score. By any means this better than console versions, even if just for 60fps.
  3. Nov 12, 2019
    Horrible Launch with the rockstar launcher error for 3-4 days = Worst launch experience ever
    But.... Since I have been able to start the actual game, it has run FANTASTIC. No slowdowns, no crashes and it looks AMAZING. Way better looking than the console version.

A wonderful game under the horrible Rockstar Launcher

Rockstar Launcher = 1/10
    RDR2 the actual game = 9/10
  4. Nov 5, 2019
    I registered on MetaCritic just to warn you. Wait at least a few months. The PC version is so so very broken. It's not just that there's one single bug, there's layers of different bugs causing CTDs, awful performance, graphical features that don't do anything, and all kinds of graphics errors. You can roll the dice and hope you get lucky, but unless you're in a rush, just wait.

1/10 as

1/10 as is because it's broken. I want to reiterate that I'm not just coming in here because I got one type of crash caused by one type of thing. There's a multitude of different issues all causing their own special crashes.
  5. Nov 5, 2019
    $60 for Launcher that can't launch the game without crashing. No fixes, no help, no game. Well done Rockstar. Should of waited for the Steam release.
  6. Nov 5, 2019
    The game cannot be played, it is full of technical errors. The game freezes every now and then.
  7. May 7, 2021
    Rockstar, WTF?! I bought the game for 50 bucks on PC and what I see... No optimization, when you change the graphics-artifacts, 20 minutes of gameplay - 3 departures! Put the game on pause, the game does not allow me to use the pause window because it just does not exist! Graphics..- it feels like I launched the game on PS3! How could you release such a thing?! I will never pre-orderRockstar, WTF?! I bought the game for 50 bucks on PC and what I see... No optimization, when you change the graphics-artifacts, 20 minutes of gameplay - 3 departures! Put the game on pause, the game does not allow me to use the pause window because it just does not exist! Graphics..- it feels like I launched the game on PS3! How could you release such a thing?! I will never pre-order again! I had no idea that I would be disappointed in such serious company... People who return the money in this is impossible to play! Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2019
    I created an account to post this. I've been waiting years to play this game, especially after RDR1 didn't make it to PC. Took me 3 hours to get into the game with launcher issues. Game stutters and freezes every few seconds. Can't save. Had to re-do the same mission several times already due to crashes. WTF kind of decision is it to make it so that you can't save for over an HOUR ofI created an account to post this. I've been waiting years to play this game, especially after RDR1 didn't make it to PC. Took me 3 hours to get into the game with launcher issues. Game stutters and freezes every few seconds. Can't save. Had to re-do the same mission several times already due to crashes. WTF kind of decision is it to make it so that you can't save for over an HOUR of gameplay?

Game looks beautiful. Shame it's unplayable.

My spec was top-end 12 months ago.
  9. Nov 6, 2019
    unplayable!! Game sluggish and falls down to 40 fps in 1080p using OVERCLOCKED 5 GHz i9-9900K and RTX 2080? You know, when you beta-test game, you should PAY your testers, and NOT charge them with pre-orders. I will NEVER pre-order anything from you again.
  10. Nov 7, 2019
    An absolute joke from a AAA publisher. Optimization is non-existent. My i7 4770k OC with a GTX 1080 struggle on medium setting. When i should be playing smoothly on ultra or high. Do not buy until the problems are fixed and i am pretty sure they won't fix any of it and just grab the money and run. Completely unacceptable ! And Nvidia, please get your **** together. GTX 1080 an 1080TIAn absolute joke from a AAA publisher. Optimization is non-existent. My i7 4770k OC with a GTX 1080 struggle on medium setting. When i should be playing smoothly on ultra or high. Do not buy until the problems are fixed and i am pretty sure they won't fix any of it and just grab the money and run. Completely unacceptable ! And Nvidia, please get your **** together. GTX 1080 an 1080TI get's obliterated by RTX 2060 and AMD 5700XT. What the hell is going on. And i won't talk about newer i5 intel cpu that are stuggling to get the game running vs older i5 cpu. An absolute mess ! Stay away! Expand
  11. Nov 5, 2019
    Bad PC port way too many bugs and feels unoptimized this is a very bad game launch don't buy until they release some patches. What a mess !!
  12. Nov 8, 2019
    Update: The game is finally working so I updated my score, leaving the original review as it took Rockstar a bit over 3 days to fix this game so it would at least start.
    Interestingly it runs better than I expected on my machine, RX 560 everything is on medium settings and it is smooth enough for me (around 30 FPS, quite stable).
    Crashes before even starting, lots of people are

Crashes before even starting, lots of people are reporting this problem.
    Most frustrating purchase I've made in a long time.
  13. Nov 5, 2019
    Optimized? For what? And if that wasnt enough graphic problems and the most annoying mouse / keyboard implementation ever. Constantly being forced to press the right mouse button to not miss hints or conversations? Thank you. I was so hyped. And no refund...
  14. Nov 8, 2019
    Crashes all the time and crap performance with a RTX 2080. Really really sloppy port.
  15. Nov 5, 2019
    After installing the game I tweaked some graphics settings and tried to run the included benchmark which resulted in multiple crashes after multiple attempts. Restarted my computer. Benchmark no longer crashes the game. Once in-game I continue to tweak settings to get decent 60fps-ish performance on my 1080ti based machine. The game is far more demanding than Rockstar let on. As a test, IAfter installing the game I tweaked some graphics settings and tried to run the included benchmark which resulted in multiple crashes after multiple attempts. Restarted my computer. Benchmark no longer crashes the game. Once in-game I continue to tweak settings to get decent 60fps-ish performance on my 1080ti based machine. The game is far more demanding than Rockstar let on. As a test, I switch from Vulkan to DX12. Can't detect a difference. Decide to restart my machine again just because, now RDR2 won't start at all. Tried to start the game a dozen times, each time it fails. I can't play the game. Rockstar, don't release your game if it isn't ready to be played. ZERO Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2019
    Very, VERY bad optimization, no sound, errors, errors, errors and stupid R* Launcher, yes this is AAA game, yes this is Rockstar.

Me: After so long I can finally play RDR2 on my pc for 10k
    Devs: Nope, we forgot about optimization, but you can always run the game as an administrator
  17. Nov 5, 2019
    Don't work. Just that! Try every fix on the net. Nothing works . Very disappointed with Rockstar Games... and after 2 days of silence, its because the problem is very ,very,very broken. Update. Finally work. I have to manually change from dx12 to vulkan in system files. The game is good. But gave me to much trouble. Thats why the 6 score
  18. Nov 5, 2019
    The game is still very raw, runs very badly on my RTX 2060, I'm playing high with 25 FPS, it's horrible.
  19. Nov 5, 2019
    Thank you for “amazing” optimization. With rtx 2060 it’s unplayable. I want my refund.
  20. Nov 5, 2019
    Невозможно комфортно поиграть на связке i5-8600, 16gb оперативы и 1060 6gb. На средне-низких настройках графики - 35-45 фпс да еще и с просадками. GTA5 шикарно сделали, на релизе отлично игралась, а вот RDR2 - просто неоптимизированный кусок сами понимаете чего. 1 балл за созданный хайп вокруг пк-версии. Буду думать о рефанде, благо 2 недели на это есть.Невозможно комфортно поиграть на связке i5-8600, 16gb оперативы и 1060 6gb. На средне-низких настройках графики - 35-45 фпс да еще и с просадками. GTA5 шикарно сделали, на релизе отлично игралась, а вот RDR2 - просто неоптимизированный кусок сами понимаете чего. 1 балл за созданный хайп вокруг пк-версии. Буду думать о рефанде, благо 2 недели на это есть.
  21. Nov 5, 2019
    Absolutely loved the game on Xbox One, absolutely hating it on PC and that's saying a lot since I am mainly a PC gamer. The controls are poorly thought out and cannot be changed the game is buggy and constantly freezes. It also seems that the game has not been tested at all. The people who decided that the game was ready for launch should sacked! What an epic failure!
  22. Nov 5, 2019
    The game does not start no matter what i do.I tried everything i found on the net ,including rockstar support!SHAME ROCKSTAR!!!!
  23. Nov 5, 2019
    This game is horribly, HORRIBLY optimized. Unplayable even on the lowest (very very ugly looking) settings on my GTX 1070. The only thing that works properly is the benchmark, which ironically says I should be running the game at 80+ fps.

Intro is broken: half the time it just drops you in some no man's land without anything happening, or being unable to move. The game starts by asking

The game starts by asking you to optimize the brightness. You do this, as is the custom, by checking how clear their logo becomes. Well, guess what. THERE IS NO LOGO. THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST THING THE GAME DOES. HOW CAN THIS BE BROKEN?

Avoid this cesspool of a port at all costs.
  24. Nov 6, 2019
    Bad optimizations, and lags.!!!!!!
    I very very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Nov 6, 2019
    Игра рандомно не запускается на разных компьютерах.
    Если запускается - то рандомно крашится в любых моментах.
    Её просто не тестировали и не проверяли.
    Самый ужасный запуск игры в истории ПК
  26. Nov 6, 2019
    This is very BAD port on PC, ugly launcher, very many bugs, especially this nasty cursor bug. My score to this game is 0, becouse this port is not worth it more, i assure you...
  27. Nov 6, 2019
    Intel i7-8700k
    Rtx 2070 super
    Asus z370 prime-a Последние драйвера на видеокарту и последняя прошивка Биос. Но игра не запускается
  28. Nov 8, 2019
    Критики куплены.
    Не может быть высокого балла у этого куска.
  29. Nov 8, 2019
    Купить за месяц до релиза эту игру, ждать а по итогу получить ошибку. Я три дня дрочился чтоб ее установить, два раза устанавливал чистую винду, только драйвера и эту ссаную игру. Но хрен я поиграл. Спасибо рокстар
  30. Nov 5, 2019
    Why do i have to give you my administrator privilege TWO times each time I launch the game??
    One for your Rockstar launcher and the other being social club. Do you see any other platforms requesting that when LAUNCHING games after their initial installation??
    After that, you gave me this mouse cursor at the very center of screen. Do you even test your games before launching them??

After that, you gave me this mouse cursor at the very center of screen.

Do you even test your games before launching them?? Cause i multiple times of crashes and non-optimized performance.
  31. Nov 6, 2019
    Я купил игру и не могу зайти в неё второй день,так как меня просто не пускает лаунчер. Танцы с бубнами все перепробывал.Оценка данного продукта соответствует его качеству.Надеюсь Rockstar исправят все недочеты и я хотя бы её запущу:DЯ купил игру и не могу зайти в неё второй день,так как меня просто не пускает лаунчер. Танцы с бубнами все перепробывал.Оценка данного продукта соответствует его качеству.Надеюсь Rockstar исправят все недочеты и я хотя бы её запущу:D
  32. Jan 22, 2021
    Some big youtuber claimed that to him "Last of Us 2" has best graphics of any game ever. I have to strongly disagree with that statement. RDR2 on PC is easily best looking video game ever made. All the weather effects, storm, rain, reflections look absolutely incredible. This is literally 2021 game that Rockstar released in 2019.
  33. Nov 5, 2019
    To start - you need to turn off the antivirus;
    To adjust the texture - you need to restart the game;
    to play - you have to close your mouth and be tolerant;
    crash on the first attack on a train.. -10 10.
    version PS4 - mast have -_-
  34. Nov 6, 2019
    Это не игра, а неоптимизированный программный код.

Вы туда майнеров напихали, что-ли, а, Рокстар? Почему моя видеокарта так сильно греется на самых минимальных настройках? Позор вам, думал вы извлекли уроки из ГТА4 (которая, к слову, в 2019 году умудряется фризить на современном железе, но там хотя бы физика и детали по мелочи норм, и в самой игре аутировать интересно, а что здесь -
    Это не игра, а неоптимизированный программный код.

Позор вам, думал вы извлекли уроки из ГТА4 (которая, к слову, в 2019 году умудряется фризить на современном железе, но там хотя бы физика и детали по мелочи норм, и в самой игре аутировать интересно, а что здесь - спрайтовые деревья, спрятанные за блюр?) и предзаказал игру.

Разочарован таким поведением, да и сама индустрия, похоже, что идет к выкачиванию денег у пользователей (принудительное обновление старых версий, из-за чего начинаются тормоза на "недавнем" железе - гта5 тому пример, микротранзакции, тяпляпный сюжет, однообразные миссии).
  35. Nov 5, 2019
    ROCKSTAR LAUNCHER ERROR #6000.87 unplayable , error at the start . Crashes before even starting, lots of people are reporting this problem.
  36. Nov 5, 2019
    Launcher error, game not starting. Good job Rockstar. As my mom always said, no preorders. :(
  37. Nov 5, 2019
    Rockstar Launcher keeps crashing, game is very badly optimized, the Denuvo DRM is probably causing a lot of problems like it did in other games. Honestly this is just pathetic and sad, why screw over your paying customers??? This should have released on Steam for a stable launch, without your garbage Rockstar Launcher and without intrusive DRM Denuvo causing problems.
  38. Nov 6, 2019
    Red Dead Redemption 2 crashes on launch with the error "Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly"

All system updated and problem continue. Bravo RS pls give me money back.
  39. Nov 6, 2019
    Terrible optimization ! This game has a good story and everything but it has terrible optimization!
  40. Nov 5, 2019
    Amazing Game, Amazing Story, Amazing Character. This game always be a Masterpiece
  41. Dec 19, 2020
    It's a good game although sometimes is way too realistic turning the game in a tedious real life simulator...for instance when you want to loot a container, you need to align your character to it, hold E to open it, aim at each single item and hold R to loot them one by one and then hold E again to close the container in order to avoid colliding with the container's door...it is seriouslyIt's a good game although sometimes is way too realistic turning the game in a tedious real life simulator...for instance when you want to loot a container, you need to align your character to it, hold E to open it, aim at each single item and hold R to loot them one by one and then hold E again to close the container in order to avoid colliding with the container's door...it is seriously painful.

The same can be said for controls, I find them tedious, clunky and not consistent...sometimes is E, other times is R, then F, then left click, sometimes is tap, others is hold...I spend more time looking at the corner of the screen to read what button I to to press, than at what is actually happening in the game.

If you can go past these problems, the game is fine.
  42. Apr 22, 2021
    В игре неплохая графика, но оптимизация здесь страдает. Очень скучная, до конца проходил уже через силу.
  43. Jun 19, 2020
    Open world met a new definition with this game. The map expands far and wide and is only benefitted by the relatively barren world. The founder of British sports car maker Lotus is famous for saying his primary goal is to “add lightness.” RDR2 benefits by adding solitude. The world creates an immersive experience that feels true to the time period.

Repetitive repetitive repetitive story.

Repetitive repetitive repetitive story. Repetitive mission design. Repetitive tasks.

In summary: Shrugs, it’s okay I guess
  44. Dec 2, 2020
    Given the excellent writing, great voice acting and spectacular visuals, it's a shame this game takes you out of it again and again with what I would call typical Rockstar shenanigans.

For example: I've just saved a local's life by rushing them to a doctor and witnessed a gruesome amputation - having said goodbye to the doctor, I leave his practice at night and step into the street. On the doorstep is my horse, because I did everything to save this man's life and didn't take the time to park my horse and everyone apparently decided to leave it where I left it. So, I get on. The horse bumps its ass into a lady that's ignoring it. She is offended. I try to get off, but now a 'witness' is running off to report on my 'disturbing the peace', I try to walk after them to talk some sense, but there's police everywhere and they are no longer responding to me, with the witness talking to an officer, my status suddenly becomes investigated, then 'wanted' and then every cop in the street decides I need to be executed where I stand, everyone starts shooting. The end. I wake up on a remote street corner, minus some of my money and my pelts.

Now, these kinds of ridiculous escalations are funny in a title like GTA, all of which is tongue in cheek and you're clearly there to have some zany fun and get the army out after you. But in RDR, I've had a dozen of these situations where the immersion is broken by typical over the top Rockstar game mechanics - often losing me some items or the sense that I achieved something and setting me back, leaving me feeling I was punished for merely playing the game.

This, combined with glitchiness like teleporting distant horses, disappearing npcs and characters stuck in scenery, make it so I can't really award anything over a 6. Given the incredible amount of work which must have gone into this title, it's a damn shame they dropped the ball on playtesting and QA.
  45. Jul 26, 2020
    i can see that the whole reviews are about the technical issues but this game is masterpiece and you cant avoid it just give it a chance and play it i run it at GTX1050 on 1080p Ultra texture(30FPS)
  46. Jul 24, 2021
    All around a great game. From the story down to the trash npcs. Everything feels like its hand crafted to perfection. My only gripe is the controls are a bit clunky.
  47. Mar 25, 2020
    The single player story is good but online is total garbage. Just like GTA V Online, try to do anything without getting greifed by another player with an aim bot or mod is not possible. Apparently the parley system is easily bypassed.

Skip the irritation of multiplayer grief by PK for no reason other than to run you off the server.

Single Player Story line: Excellent
    Multiplayer : Garbage
  48. Sep 28, 2020
    The Story is so great, but what strikes me the most is the level of detail in the world. Dont have words for this. Trainbridge: Bolts are set uneven, wood looks f..natural. Sometimes I just go into 1st person and look at a house or a coach... I am into this for 200+ hours now. And I cannot stand western Movies and stuff, but this...
    And as hard as it is, I HAVE to take a point for the
    And as hard as it is, I HAVE to take a point for the technical Issues I had. But this game needs a price for a historical level of detail. Great!
  49. Jun 15, 2021
    Easily the most boring game I've ever played. I love third person action RPG's and though it would be similar to Witcher 3. It's so incredible slow at the beginning. Two shooting action scenes after about two hours of game play. And the shooting game play is boring as heck also. Controls are so clunky. Characters are also boring and annoying. Everybody praises this game and i don't know why...
  50. Jan 9, 2021
    Story and characters - 7/10. It's good but not great, you can find better stories. Also, this is probably the longest story I have played in any game ever. It just goes on and on and NEVER seems to end. New missions pop up on the map constantly. It's too long even, and the pacing is VERY slow. I feel that Rockstar has overdone it.

Storytelling - 9/10. The game does a very good job to

Storytelling - 9/10. The game does a very good job to immerse you in the story and world.

Graphics, world and gameplay mechanics - 9/10. It's a beautiful game. Some areas look and feel basically like real life. The map is HUGE and has a wide variety of landscapes. Incredibly detailed game in every aspect. World is very alive and NPCs act like actual human beings instead of being there just for decoration. Best open world game to this day. Only the next Rockstar release will be able to top it.

Music, voice and sound design - 9/10. I'm not a big fan of the Western music genre, but it fits the game very well. I even managed to find few songs to add to my playlist. Voice acting is top notch.

Now, there are few flaws that annoyed me a lot and made the game boring and tedious too often. These flaws alone stopped me from giving the game 9 or 10:

- Basically EVERY mission begins with several minutes of riding/walking to your destination. During this time characters only talk with each other and nothing else happens. And these sections often happen MULTIPLE times during a single mission, which means plenty of time is being wasted on boring the s*** out of you instead of doing something fun. And what's worst, those trips are unskippable.

- You can't run inside camps, most buildings and when the story doesn't want you to. This is super annoying and slows down the already slow game even more.

- There is fast travel but fast travel checkpoints are placed very sparsely on the huge map, so you usually still have to ride few minutes to your destination even after you teleport to the nearest checkpoint. This is slightly helped by the fact that there are random events happening often during your trips and they can sometimes made the trip less boring.
  51. Nov 20, 2021
    Перегруженное неудобное консольное управление, когда слишком много действий и слишком мало кнопок
    Все хвалят графику, но чтобы добиться приемлемой картинки нужно что-то получше чем моя 2070s, понадобилось целый день убить на изучение настроек и просмотр гайдов, но графен на средне-высоких выглядит не прям живописно, к слову, на ютубе и стримах на ультрах она так же не особо впечатляет
    Сюжет просто нереально нудный, скучнее ковбоев могут быть только самураи и викинги
    Отсутствие русской локализации тоже сказывается на игровом опыте, я не из любителей пялиться в субтитры, а на слух тут язык почему-то воспринимается намного труднее, чем во многих других играх
    Мне только в покер понравилось играть и на поезде кататься
  52. Dec 20, 2020
    It feels like the first game with way too much hanging off it, doing very little. Grinding camp stuff with no clear objective, little reward or reason, locks on equipment for no apparent reason, on and on. Too much 'busy work', grinding, barf.

The controls are clumsy, especially on PC, and there seem to be arbitrary gameplay things (number of carcasses, pelts* held, etc) that to me reek of bleed over from a very controlled multiplayer income environment, designed to frustrate and fleece you. Sure, you need to maintain your guns, care for your horse, change your clothes, you can call this realism and sure, it 'sort of' is. It's also functionally a soft lock on how much cash you can earn online. There are many things like this, harder locks would be animal spawn rates, job timers, etc... I shouldn't have to go on about the online. It's a horrible disaster and it has affected the singleplayer significantly. I am 100 percent sure the game was built with online in mind, after all, which is the bigger money maker for them?

It's a shame, because there's the potential for a good game here, but it has a Nisshin Maru worth of factory ship build up around it to process money from whales. If you want to read about gold bars and thousands of bugs, you can find plenty of articles and posts about what's wrong with the online. That isn't my problem, just the overlap.

There's a steely, red eyed terminator under the flesh of RDR2, built from the ground up to encourage you to spend actual money and even punish you for not. Even if you never go online, it's still present. Never forget that and you'll see the subtly of the machine everywhere.

But I guess if you like grinding for crap, without much direction, in an open world game, then you might enjoy it. To me however it just feels hollow.

END.

*Pelts, once dry, realistically can last as long as the final product if stored properly. For example, in 'The Revenant' and the 2015 movie, the fur trappers/hunters stored their pelts, burying them, marking the location. They might not have returned for months and months, this would not decrease the value of the hides. In RDR2, pelts decay over a day, which is insane. This is contrived grind, a bottle neck. There's no meaningful way to mitigate it.
  53. Dec 16, 2020
    I never usually even properly engage with the stories of games, preferring to just skip through the cutscenes and play for the shooting and action scenes, which are becoming ever so rare in video games, without the stress of being headshot through 6 walls in a multiplayer game, before being asked to dump a weeks wages on a loot box. I haven't touched the online portion of this gameI never usually even properly engage with the stories of games, preferring to just skip through the cutscenes and play for the shooting and action scenes, which are becoming ever so rare in video games, without the stress of being headshot through 6 walls in a multiplayer game, before being asked to dump a weeks wages on a loot box. I haven't touched the online portion of this game however, so cannot speak to it.

I was therefore surprised when I found myself drawn to the cutscenes and actually enjoying the story, perhaps more than some of the shooting even. I even found myself relating to some of the difficulties faced by the Arthur.

The open world is absolutely magnificent, and no journey through it feels the same, with random events occurring as you travel around. The vast amount of, and variety of, nature and people around the world, reacting to events as they happen, truly bring it to life in a way which I have never experienced in any other open world game, and perhaps any game altogether. Despite the map being smaller than many, including titles such as GTA 5, on horseback it feels so much bigger and more varied than the majority of games in a finite world.

When I picked up the game at a discount, having heard of how well made it was and browsed a few YouTube clips, I was hesitant, it was a departure from the usual setting of video games I enjoy, and one which I did not enjoy in the past. I would therefore never have imagined the range of emotions which the game would make me feel, nor that I would actually have tears brought to my eyes at one point in the story, not for the story itself, but for the memories it evoked.

This game has one of, if not the best, open worlds, and has by far the best storyline of any game that I have ever played. I can honestly say that it is the best game I have ever played.
  54. Sep 23, 2021
    Beside the graphic, everything else in this game is bad.

Gameplay: 4 hours in the game, I think I was mostly in conversation and riding the horse around. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes in the fights, but it was so boring Story: I was almost completed chapter 2 but... man... all quests are like completely independent and no connected to each other. You can do any quest in any order because
    Beside the graphic, everything else in this game is bad.

Story: I was almost completed chapter 2 but... man... all quests are like completely independent and no connected to each other. You can do any quest in any order because they are just like side quest. Quests mostly talk to someone, find somethings or someone and riding around. that is it. 90% of time is traveling around

Feel bad for someone who bought this game at full price.
  55. Dec 20, 2020
    They say the game is slow but I think the game time is ideal to focus on personalities and motivation, I will play the game for more than 65 hours just telling the story mode, without the secondary missions
  56. Nov 20, 2020
    El juego realmente largo uno de los mas largos que he jugado , rockstar hiso un trabajo estupendo recrearon del viejo oeste pero siento es que otro gta pero con caballos y sin armas automáticas , las misiones son repetitivas y si as jugado algún otro gta te darás cuenta que las misiones son muy similares , no se porque la genta habla de la excelente historia para mi estuvo ok pero noEl juego realmente largo uno de los mas largos que he jugado , rockstar hiso un trabajo estupendo recrearon del viejo oeste pero siento es que otro gta pero con caballos y sin armas automáticas , las misiones son repetitivas y si as jugado algún otro gta te darás cuenta que las misiones son muy similares , no se porque la genta habla de la excelente historia para mi estuvo ok pero no estuvo mala , me veía venir unas cosas el final también es bueno , en lo que el juego brilla es en el gameplay que es divertidísimo y me gusta la forma en que decidieron añadirle pequeños detalles como personalizar el armas y darle mantenimiento , en la parte mala del juego es que me encontré con varios bugs además el jugo no esta perfectamente optimizado además el viajar largas distancias con el caballo puede ser agobiante. En conclusión es un excelente juego pero no hay mucho que hacer luego de terminar la historia. Expand
  57. Aug 3, 2020
    Just a best game! The only game that could dissolve me. I really thought that I had matured, because all the latest games did not appeal to me at all, but RDR2 is just something!
  58. Jun 27, 2020
    I have to make account just for this game, I have waited so long this to come to PC, and when it finally got revealed to pc, I had to PRE-ORDER, I wanted to give a chance for Rockstar by preordering, and I even preordered that over 80€ edition, and then, release day comes and what I get, crashing crashing crashing crashing, crashing game between 1-60 minutes so randomly, and then I haveI have to make account just for this game, I have waited so long this to come to PC, and when it finally got revealed to pc, I had to PRE-ORDER, I wanted to give a chance for Rockstar by preordering, and I even preordered that over 80€ edition, and then, release day comes and what I get, crashing crashing crashing crashing, crashing game between 1-60 minutes so randomly, and then I have contacted Rockstar Support and what else I have received from there to this day but universal troubleshooting tips what haven't worked for me at all and they have also check'd my pc system files, and still only UNIVERSAL troubleshooting fix/tips from them, so now I drop the bomb here, I have to this day since pc release day, have get constant, same crashing as first time launching game, random crashes to this day, so I haven't been able to finish the game to this day since release day, think about it, this is f*cking disgusting, and I have already sent my most greatest hate mails to them, but it won't do nothing, I have even threatened them with suing... So I'm truly honest here, I paid over 80€ for this experience, the worst experience what I have ever had with any game, and I haven't never been so truly ANGRY for gaming company, but they did it, first time ever, I have gone trough hate, and there's nothing anymore left than tiredness, I don't have energy anymore to stand this, so they say that they are STILL aware of that ERR_GFX_STATE error in that game, but they couldn't up to this day find me a solution, THINK about it, to this day, they haven't fixed my problem with this game, over like 7 MONTHS I have been WAITING to play this game without crashing, AND still NOTHING!?!?! I will NEVER EVER preorder anything from Rockstar, my first and my truly LAST time!!!!!!!! And perhaps never ever I will buy any games from Rockstar. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2020
    Great game, but unfortunately I will still be recommending against it due to Rockstar's greed and incompetence. The game is plagued by constant bugs and glitches that take the experience to a 10/10 to an 8/10 at best and I'm not sure if those are exclusive to the PC version or not, but what I can tell that is exclusive to this version of the game, is the fact that it's a God awful portGreat game, but unfortunately I will still be recommending against it due to Rockstar's greed and incompetence. The game is plagued by constant bugs and glitches that take the experience to a 10/10 to an 8/10 at best and I'm not sure if those are exclusive to the PC version or not, but what I can tell that is exclusive to this version of the game, is the fact that it's a God awful port that runs terribly, crashes frequently and requires the Rockstar launcher that always seems to break and prevent you from playing the game. All of this for a port of an year old game that they are still charging full price for. Absolutely unacceptable. Expand
  60. Aug 15, 2020
    You must play this game.
    There are very few games that have drawn me in. And this is one of them.
  61. Dec 20, 2020
    The best game i played, soundtrack, graphics, history, missions, this game was insanely beatyful
  62. Mar 24, 2020
    Performance wise: My PC is not high end (a lenovo Y50 laptop with gtx 860 gpu) and Im not a fan of westerns. I have managed to run the game on mostly low settings with some twitches for the textures to set them to high it runs on 30-50 fps depending on the area and its more than enough.

Gameplay wise: The experience you get is actually living in the world of the game, nothing I have yet experienced in any video game. Not in the amazing Witcher 3 not in any TES/Fallout game and definitely not in other Rockstar games.

Especially in days like this when most of us are on quarantine RDR 2 is the best way to escape this reality.
  63. Nov 25, 2020
    Classic.i think this is best open world action story game.Arthur morgan is very good written game character,play this game.
  64. May 30, 2020
    Оптимизация-именно это слово забыли Rockstar во время разработки игры, смотря на то как была оптимизирована GTA 5 больно играть в игру, ах да, в неё нельзя играть без вылетов, багов, фризов и 30 фпс
  65. May 29, 2020
    Лучшая игра Rockstar Games.................................................
  66. Jun 21, 2020
    The expectations of this game were very high for me because of the reviews I read before.
    But all in all I am disappointed.
    In my eyes, the controls are very similar to the console and are very annoying. The entire game flow suffers from it. The story and the characters are successful.
    The cutscenes are also annoying.
  67. Dec 17, 2020
    es muy lento y muy,muy aburrido ,largas caminatas a caballo que carecen de interes ,muchas cinematicas e historia tosca,solo se salva el apartado tecnico
  68. Jun 23, 2020
    This is a meditative game. If you are used to fast gameplay, this game is not for you.
    I will not say the pros and cons of the game, because it will be toftology, other commentators will do it.
    I just love this game, this is what I wanted to say here ...
  69. Aug 4, 2020
    Lo compré hace varios meses atrás, al inicio era casi imposible de jugar por todos los bugs que tenía...pero en estas últimas semanas decidí darle otra oportunidad...y genial, corrigieron con parches todo lo que estaba mal y ahora es muy disfrutable.
    Ahora que puedo escribir acerca de este juego... pues tiene de todo, es realmente inmersivo, al principio me costo un poco acostumbrarme a las mecánicas pero luego ya todo fluyó con naturalidad. El nivel de detalle es abrumador, la cantidad de flora y especialmente fauna me dejó boquiabierto. Sin duda una obra maestra en su género.
  70. Jul 14, 2020
    This is the best game have ever made by ROCKSTAR I really loved it.
    The graphic was brilliant and the story was great.
    The controles was nice and easy.
    You can play the game in the view of 5 cameras that actually is 1st person and 3rd person.
    After all it was the best game I have ever played.
    Hope you enjoy it.
  71. Jul 25, 2020
    A truly atmospheric game. I would like to relax in it. I highly recommend it to those who just want to enjoy the American atmosphere of their age.
  72. Aug 24, 2020
    melhor jogo já feito gráfico bonito e historia marcante recomendo muito bom!
  73. Jul 23, 2020
    The best game ever I played. I love to see the details and the endless possibility in the game engine. I played for almost 100 hours and I could spend another 100 if I want.
  74. Jul 25, 2020
    Rockstar Games knows how to create a good game. Yes it is slow, to move from one place to another on horseback, but the game is so jam-packed with detailed side missions, hidden features and extremely detailed story missions, it's all worth it in the end for me. It's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen, in terms of quality. It's incredibly realistic, more than most games outRockstar Games knows how to create a good game. Yes it is slow, to move from one place to another on horseback, but the game is so jam-packed with detailed side missions, hidden features and extremely detailed story missions, it's all worth it in the end for me. It's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen, in terms of quality. It's incredibly realistic, more than most games out there. Like GTA V, Rockstar really stepped it up with the quality and the storytelling, compared to their previous games, with it even better in this game. They built such an intricate and fascinating life history to all the characters, and you find out as the story progresses. You find yourself almost building an emotional connection to the majority of the main characters by the end. And of course, they made the story perfect as a prequel to the first RDR, Blackwater and New Austin is very close to being identical to the first game, which makes it all the better. As I said before, it's just incredible the amount of detail that went into this game. In terms of Online... It's constantly improving as time goes on. It hasn't gone off the walls like GTA Online has, and you actually get money return from Online missions that you play, unlike GTA Online. As I said, it's continuing to get better and better, with new missions, and businesses, it's a similar idea to GTA Online's businesses (except the RDR Online businesses won't cost you a small fortune in shark cards or whatever.) Everything fits in perfectly for an outlaw out in the country of America, in 1899. (Just like GTA Online, RDR Online is set a month or so before the story starts.) Also, the amount of maturity among players on Online compared to GTA Online is staggering. There is much less griefing, and players are a hell of a lot more respectful than they are in GTA Online. I give this game a 10/10, it's a really good one. And give Online a chance as well, it'll just get better and better. Expand
  75. Aug 12, 2020
    one of the best gaming experience i ever had! sound&graphics !its an amazing experience! i play the story i haven't try online yet. its like movie game! i heard many comments negative pls dont listen to those! i don't have any issue technical and i run it in middle class laptop GTX960m card and i7 processor..not a single error or issue. those are sceptical to buy mind that bad reviews areone of the best gaming experience i ever had! sound&graphics !its an amazing experience! i play the story i haven't try online yet. its like movie game! i heard many comments negative pls dont listen to those! i don't have any issue technical and i run it in middle class laptop GTX960m card and i7 processor..not a single error or issue. those are sceptical to buy mind that bad reviews are most about technical issues not about the gameplay. i bought it and run it at 8 august and game is more than perfect! you can buy it half prices in some sites Expand
  76. Aug 13, 2020
    This is hands down the best game ever made, this game continues to amaze you constantly in the 160 hours required for 100% completion, and even after all those hours there's still tons of stuff left to explore and find out.
  77. Aug 14, 2020
    La storia é a dir poco un capolavoro. Non dovrei dare un 10 a questo gioco per l'online che é vergognoso. Ma non riesco a dare meno di 10 per la storia e il single player, storia degna dei migliori capolavori cinematografici. Attori incredibili, atmosfere pazzesche e ambientazioni meravigliose e fedeli al vecchi west (e non solo). Il gioco porta diverse innovazioni anche in termini diLa storia é a dir poco un capolavoro. Non dovrei dare un 10 a questo gioco per l'online che é vergognoso. Ma non riesco a dare meno di 10 per la storia e il single player, storia degna dei migliori capolavori cinematografici. Attori incredibili, atmosfere pazzesche e ambientazioni meravigliose e fedeli al vecchi west (e non solo). Il gioco porta diverse innovazioni anche in termini di gameplay e tocca un realismo raggiunto in pochi titoli di questo genere. Gioco mozzafiato. Expand
  78. Aug 17, 2020
    Um ótimo jogo que as vezes exagera no realismo (não que seja ruim, mas deixa o game demorado) o jogo começa em um ritmo meio lento até um certo ponto, mas te surpreende trazendo uma ótima história e ótimos personagens, recomendo o jogo a todos, e se vice incioi o jogo é desistiu antes do capítulo 4, volte a jogar e vai se surpreender
  79. Nov 8, 2020
    Hopefully it sold enough so they would make third one, because this was very good.
  80. Nov 14, 2020
    This is more than a game, it is an experience. Yet the PC port leaves a lot to be desired as far as the controls are concerned. Everybody should play the single campaign (at least) once, this is not a game you want to miss.
  81. Dec 17, 2020
    Judging by playing this game in late 2020. It's a perfect PC port here at this point. The game so far is the best I've ever played in my life. Every aspect is simply perfect except for the weak multiplayer. But the campaign itself brings so many hours of joy, so multiplayer is actually doesn't really matter.
  82. Nov 23, 2020
    Utterly breath-taking and amazing game. I'm about 50 hours in and only covered about 30% of the game so far.

It runs buttery smooth on my 2070 Super at 1440p, no complaints here about optimisation (as a side note just turn off tree tessellation and it will run smooth) I’ve not been this wowed by a game since the Ocarina of Time on the N64. This game and the Witcher 3 are the best games

I’ve not been this wowed by a game since the Ocarina of Time on the N64. This game and the Witcher 3 are the best games in the last 10 years.
  83. Nov 27, 2020
    One of my favorite games of all time, yeah it had horrible launch, but this user score is idiotically low. That's why i like steam, on steam users scores are actually up-to-date and change. Here they are just stagnated forever and i bet if come back to here in November 2021, this score is still under 6/10. Lmao.
  84. Feb 8, 2021
    Visually, this game is outstanding. The environments are incredibly detailed and undeniably beautiful.
    Voice acting is excellent throughout and sound effects are solid but, other than a couple of licensed songs, the soundtrack is forgettable.
    Movement is clumsy and imprecise whether on foot or riding a horse, and for a game that features so much travel time this was a huge detriment to the overall quality of my experience.
    Terrible brawl mechanics, an inventory system that is a pain to use, overuse of button mashing, and tedious looting are just a few of the many nitpicks that combine to spoil what this game could be. Bugs such as floating objects, glitched camera angles, ignored button inputs, missing dialogue audio, and conversations that would not progress appeared intermittently.
    The open world features enormous depth and freedom, contrasting with very linear story missions that don't provide much choice in how to execute objectives.
    Dialogue has been written to a high standard but overall the story is just ok, certainly not worth the 40 hours of horse riding and follow/escort missions required to progress through it.
    Red Dead Redemption 2 is a very deliberate experience with many moments and areas worth taking in at a slower pace, but forcing the player to remain at that pace all the time is annoying.
  85. Dec 11, 2020
    After my disappointment with cyberpunk, I decided to write a few words about rdr2.

RDR2 on my weak computer (gtx 1060) gives 60 fps with good graphics. The game is very interesting, has great physics, cool archery, beautiful animations, very well conveyed the era of the 19th century. All I can complain about is the little things, the game is unparalleled.
  86. Dec 24, 2020
    You won't find a world so immersive and detailed as RDR2. If you let yourself get lost in this vast world, you're gonna find yourself surprised every day. Characters and their development are absolutely amazing, unparalleled - greatly contributed to by the stunning acting of the voice actors. You can feel their sadness, happiness, desperation. You are experiencing the world with them.
  87. Dec 27, 2020
    this game is really a master piece. it makes me connect to the main character so much that i can't accept Arthur's death. I know it is just a game, but after 50+ hours of gameplay, I started loving this land. After playing this game a felt other games are awful. This game with its awesome story,incredible graphics, and a ton of details really makes me think this world is real.
  88. Jan 2, 2021
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  89. Jan 5, 2021
    Having played this game a full year after launch, I haven't experienced all the launch issues, so I can safely say this is one of the best single player games I have ever played. The story is deep and well delivered and characters are extremely nuanced. Interaction with the environment is excellent and horses' models and behaviour are the best in any game, ever.

Yet another masterpiece

Yet another masterpiece created by Rockstar Games. Looking forward to GTA VI.
  90. Jan 5, 2021
    At the current state of the game is perfect, there are some minor issues but it became one of the best western games ever created
  91. Jan 8, 2021
    This game its just amazing, the characters, the protagonist, the graphics, the open wold, ITS ALL BAUTIFUL. but not Micah
  92. Jan 8, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. это лучшая игра, которую я когда либо играл Expand
  93. Jan 11, 2021
    Love it! Story, music, open-world, Arthur Morgan... Everything is perfect in this game.
  94. May 4, 2021
    A game that can be a lot of fun to play.
    The 93 Metascore rating might be a bit of an exaggeration tho.
    The graphics are good and so is the story. Unfortunately tho, the game can also be a bit repetitive and boring, sometimes leaving you to wonder if the game you're currently playing isn't called 'Horseback Riding and Small Talk Simulator.' But it could still be worth checking out
    A game that can be a lot of fun to play.
    The 93 Metascore rating might be a bit of an exaggeration tho.

The graphics are good and so is the story.

But it could still be worth checking out if you like these type of open world games.
  95. Apr 29, 2021
    It deserves a higher score once we could buy a graphic card at a reasonable price.
  96. May 20, 2021
    Perfect in all subjects, for now. Story, graphics, game mechanics, environment etc. perfect.
  97. Jul 26, 2021
    Definitely one of the top 5 games of all time. they managed to put real life into the game.
  98. Jun 3, 2021
    This game is sort of a mess. The story and characters are mostly dull and uninteresting. The politically correct "wild west" can be quite immersion breaking at times. But even with all that it still has a lot of charm, I spent a lot of hours in this game and I do not regret it.
  99. Mar 24, 2020
    When I was a kid, this is what I imagined games in the future would look like. What's truly wonderful about RDR2 is that is is alive. It is dynamic from its story, to the game-play, to the world.
  100. Nov 3, 2020
    Graphics - 11/10 , Story 10/10 , Open World or Level Design 9/10, Performance on PC 7/10 (after patches)

Universal acclaim - based on 44 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    An absorbing tale that will test your machine and tear ducts. A game that did not suffer from being brought to PC. RDR2 is worth overcoming all the shortcomings, since it is one of the best games of the decade. [Issue#300]
  2. Dec 30, 2019
    Victory of gaming as an art and the pinnacle of creativity in the gaming industry. A true, impeccably-polished masterpiece that will set standards for a decade to come.
  3. Dec 17, 2019
    My biggest warning to anyone considering purchasing RDR2 on PC is that you need to have patience when you set it up. Take the time to go through each graphics option, compare your performance on Vulkan vs. DirectX 12, and tailor the game to your specs. Once you have the game tuned, there’s no better way to experience it than on PC.