4.2

1. Jun 22, 2012
    One by one review. The Graphic is good enough to please your eyes. The Story is somewhat fair. The AI is deadly terrible, both friends and foes, you can HARDLY heal (and antivirus-ing) your AI teammates (They will move around away from you), The Control is good EXCEPT for the "throwing body to the ground" action (which annoyingly put you down when you're running to get herbs) & the "autoOne by one review. The Graphic is good enough to please your eyes. The Story is somewhat fair. The AI is deadly terrible, both friends and foes, you can HARDLY heal (and antivirus-ing) your AI teammates (They will move around away from you), The Control is good EXCEPT for the "throwing body to the ground" action (which annoyingly put you down when you're running to get herbs) & the "auto wall-cover", which is ridiculously stick you to a wall when you get near, and SLOWING you (while you're trying to get out of firing line strafing, most often case).The Weapon option is quite broad. The Character active skills are disturbing (You can get three, but only one may be brought to the battle). The Bugs & Glitches are almost in every corner of the map, very bad game polishing before release. Overall: Bad, or Worse (Considering this a long way out-of-RE usual standard) Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2012
    honestly guys this game is god awful i don't care that it wasn't going to be like the other games if it was any good then fine but its one of the worst games i have played for a long time.You can finish the game in about 2 hours.Any one sticking up for this insult needs their heads tested.Do not buy it maybe if it was £5 then it might be worth it.
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    This game stands to be 1 of 3 games I reviewed without finishing. This game is by far the WORST port I have ever seen. Not just in the control and menu scheme, which feels like awful, but in the graphics optimization. I run games like Farcry 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on maxed out settings but can't run this game at reasonable frames on the lowest and ugliest settings.
    The performance of
    The performance of this port is not just unacceptable, it's actually rather painful. If this game was rated purely on its port quality, the developers would be on the same level as Stellar Stone...Yeah, I said it.
  4. Jun 6, 2012
    I"ve played Resident Evil 5 on PC and it was a great game so I preordered this game in excitement. Boy was I severely disappointed the first time I played this game. The story line is near non-existent, and the game overall quality makes it seem like this should have been released in 2000, not 2012.

Here are some of my issues: 1) Graphics are substandard. I don't place that much

Here are some of my issues:

1) Graphics are substandard. I don't place that much importance on a game's graphics if the game is fun, but these graphics are noticeably bad. The animations are probably even worse. Overall the graphics detract from an already bad game.

2) The gameplay is just not fun. For instance getting a headshot on an enemy doesn't guarantee a kill. What is the point of aiming? The actual boss fights utilise tired mechanics and sometimes restrict control options. 3) Bugs galore. The game on PC at least was not tested well, and there are so many bugs. The main one is the sound bug that makes the music/sound effects go off and on. It got to the point my friend and I would have to give sound-effects to each other over vent as both of our sound would go off at unexpectedly different times.

A major disappointment considering Capcom should be a quality game producer. I wish I really didn't spend any money on this game. I really don't see how any of these things can be fixed reliably in a patch other than the sound glitch.
  5. Jun 17, 2012
    This game is a failure. It could be much better with it's great background. When I shoot, I don't feel i'm using a gun. I see there are many skills the squad can use; but i think half of them are useless. Movement of this game is bad as well. Lucky I finished this game at my friend's house, didn't spend money on it.
  6. ewm
    Jan 4, 2013
    This is not a game, and a bonus mode resident evil revelations!!!!!!! Rough schedule and facial animation and a lot of bugs!!!!!!!!!!This not resident evil!!!!!!!!!
  7. Jul 28, 2013
    I don't like this game very much. It seems that no one likes this game very much. And I can see why. This game isn't resident evil, it;s the unwanted bastard of resident evil. However I do like playing as people in gas masks. They have blue eyes, and I like that. The A.I is stupid. When I play games with my friends, I think they're stupid, and they think I'm stupid. But the A.i here isI don't like this game very much. It seems that no one likes this game very much. And I can see why. This game isn't resident evil, it;s the unwanted bastard of resident evil. However I do like playing as people in gas masks. They have blue eyes, and I like that. The A.I is stupid. When I play games with my friends, I think they're stupid, and they think I'm stupid. But the A.i here is very stupid and offers no real support when you need it most. When you're playing a game like this, you really do need support. You can play with friends however. And I thought resident evil games were supposed to be scary. This one wasn't. I hope this review hs convinced you not to buy the game. Expand
  8. Apr 27, 2013
    Now I'll be fair and say there's some good things about the game. Graphic is ok, it's nice to see that there's a new approach on the RE universe where you play as the enemy trying to kill the heroes, and it's nice that the game has multiple characters to choose from with different abilities. One problem though. The game itself is BROKEN. Cover system don't work at all, the way you aim yourNow I'll be fair and say there's some good things about the game. Graphic is ok, it's nice to see that there's a new approach on the RE universe where you play as the enemy trying to kill the heroes, and it's nice that the game has multiple characters to choose from with different abilities. One problem though. The game itself is BROKEN. Cover system don't work at all, the way you aim your weapon is so inaccurate it keeps on flying to directions you don't want to pick, every enemy in the game takes 30 bullets to kill, even when you shoot them in the head, you can get stuck on a low object, and the enemy AI, especially the bossfights, are terrible. They run and run without hitting you most of the time, and it takes 100 bullets to get them down. So while you fight regular enemies that takes 30 bullets, you also have to kill bosses with 100 bullets, even though you only have 180 bullets in total for regular assault rifles so you have to either find an ammo crate or use your secondary assault rifle, if you have any bullets left in that one. That's frustrating as hell. The game plays like SOCOM with zombies. I mean it'll be a decent game if the enemies don't take that much hit to kill and their AI is competent, I will rate it higher if it's like that, but nope. Stay away from this game. Buy RE6 instead which is one of the best third person shooter game I have ever played which I already play 200 hours into. Operation Raccoon City should be avoided at all cost. It's not worth $10 or even $5 to play this mess of a game. Expand
  9. Jun 10, 2012
    This game is very fun to play specially in co-op. The graphics are very good too and I like the story. However, this game was really not ready to be released on PC yet because it is buggy as hell. I run a very mean gaming PC and even this game causes me to get less than 20fps in certain areas, also a very big problem is that there is a bug that causes my sound to cut in a out constantly...This game is very fun to play specially in co-op. The graphics are very good too and I like the story. However, this game was really not ready to be released on PC yet because it is buggy as hell. I run a very mean gaming PC and even this game causes me to get less than 20fps in certain areas, also a very big problem is that there is a bug that causes my sound to cut in a out constantly... How could they have missed that? Plus on the elevator level there you fight the fire boss... after defeating him the elevator will go backwards causing you and your friends to be stuck and unable to progress... Plus the human AI is annoying accurate with their guns. Once all bug issues are addressed I am sure this game would be very fun to play because it is! By why charge $50 for a buggy mess! Don't Developers care to make good games anymore? Also this is another one of those games with day 1 DLCs. Stuff stripped straight from the original game and tossed out for more money when they have not even addressed the bugs in this game! Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    I was pretty excited when Steam notified me that Resident Evil: Raccoon City Complete Pack went on sale. What I didn't realize was why it went on sale. After purchasing the game on Steam(without checking the metascore) I started playing with the expectation of a great cinematic storyline and details in the gameplay like Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2), Resident Evil 4 (PS2 and PC), andI was pretty excited when Steam notified me that Resident Evil: Raccoon City Complete Pack went on sale. What I didn't realize was why it went on sale. After purchasing the game on Steam(without checking the metascore) I started playing with the expectation of a great cinematic storyline and details in the gameplay like Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2), Resident Evil 4 (PS2 and PC), and Resident Evil 5 (PC). Like everyone, I was disappointed because it lacked a storyline and the gameplay "sucked". When you try shooting at the zombies/spec ops the AI would always run in front of you thus causing damage to themselves and making you heal them(where you can't get them close enough to heal multiple team mates at once). When you're under attack they're 1)already at the door to the next segment or 2)too slow in coming to your aid. I'm sure multiplayer may be a different story, but my interest in the game didn't last long enough to get to multiplayer. Both the storyline and AI intelligence has taken two steps back from previous Resident Evil games. I just hope Capcom will redeem themselves in an uncoming Resident Evil 7 where the singleplayer has an actual cinematic storyline with better AI. Expand
  11. Aug 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. do not buy. this is a nightmare.
    If you really want to buy it, even if you really want to buy this game, still do not buy this game.
    even if you really want this game, even if you really eager to play this game, do not buy it.
    buy something else.
  12. Jul 15, 2014
    This is the worst Resident Evil game EVER !!!
    CAPCOM badly hurt RE serial with this one :/
    One of the worst games i have played for a long time

Do not buy this crap !!!
  13. LBC
    Oct 31, 2013
    Operation Raccoon City is a game that should be great, but just isn't. Playing as Umbrella Operatives? Aw yeah! Zombie-infested multiplayer matches? Sign me up! These are awesome concepts that are poorly executed. What we have here is another run of the mill class-based third person shooter. Glitches and awkward deaths are plentiful.
  14. May 5, 2013
    Capcom have let themselves down in a big way. The game looked extremely rushed and badly made in every way. The sound bug on the PC is the worse I've seen in ages since Tom Clancy's Vegas 2.

You start the first level and half way through the sound stops, but you can't restart the game because you have to restart the level.

Get Resident Evil 6 and avoid this bad attempt at a MP game
  15. Aug 31, 2013
    Bugs? OMG TOO MUCH BUGS! A.I? Not so good I see. Graphics? Up to date. Gameplay? Very bad. Story? You ruined it Capcom you really did. Overall: Bad don't even think about making a new game in the RE series.
  16. Jan 2, 2016
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City may be fun and enjoyable for some players, but for me it just didn't feel right. Additionally, for a 2012 video game, the overall system requirement to run this game smoothly is annoyingly high.
  17. May 5, 2018
    A bad 3 person shooter.
    The gamplay is generic. The story is awful.
    The controls controls are very dumb.
  18. Apr 9, 2020
    Interesting try to make a "coop" game in resident's setting... but awful realization. Predictable ratings and disappearance from game markets.

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 12, 2012
    A Weskered development gives us the Wong game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is evil in the wrong sense. [Sept 2012, p.70]
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    And yet again, the only bright spot in a game about zombies is a CG promo that has nothing in common with the actual gameplay.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 18, 2012
    Absolutely useless addition to Resident Evil series throws away almost everything that made this series famous. The solo campaign is almost unplayable and multiplayer isn't any better. [June 2012]