1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 61 Ratings

1. Sep 18, 2012
    Truly one of the worst games ever created. In fact, it's not even a game... it's a mod for Left 4 Dead. I don't even understand why do we have to pay for it. Mods are meant to be free.
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    So.......yeah,have you seen the Plague from a game called Flatout 3 Chaos of Destruction,well this is same too.Saying the hater are troll,well we love trolling a game that is overhype game right? But no,this game suck asss and it sucks balls right now.Even you may $9.99 is cheap,but the game itself has redeem its Lowest Quality that ever made.Graphics looks like Boomer Puke in theSo.......yeah,have you seen the Plague from a game called Flatout 3 Chaos of Destruction,well this is same too.Saying the hater are troll,well we love trolling a game that is overhype game right? But no,this game suck asss and it sucks balls right now.Even you may $9.99 is cheap,but the game itself has redeem its Lowest Quality that ever made.Graphics looks like Boomer Puke in the game.Seriously,is this the best Source Engine game that they can do? and one last thing...This game is completely jerk-off Left 4 Dead game.This game has redeem his title the Worst 2012 game ever made. Expand
  3. May 6, 2012
    I still fail to understand how developers made Source engine to look like Quake 2 engine. But anyway, singleplayer in this game is worthless and there is a lot of free Source mods with better multiplayer.
  4. Jun 25, 2012
    This game is nothing but garbage. I hate to say it.

The textures look like a game from games in the 1990's, and the AI isn't even an AI. You get Insta-killed by random traps, and the character models look awful. If I were to put a cane toad in a blender, it would sound far better than the music in this game, not to mention it would look far better. Half of the actions things aren't
    This game is nothing but garbage. I hate to say it.

You get Insta-killed by random traps, and the character models look awful.

Half of the actions things aren't even bound to any key by default.

NOTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS GOOD!

If you buy this, I will personally come to your house and slap you.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Pretty bad when the developers begin rating their own games trying to pass as customers.

KenDanforth Gives it an 8............I wonder why? LAME

6. Jun 25, 2012
    This game is complete trash,. Do not believe the positive reviews on this website. They are more than likely from the devs themselves. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
  7. Aug 1, 2012
    Dear Dark Artz Entertainment employees and their RL friends, writing fake reviews on Metacritic to bump up your game score is extremely obvious and only serves to embarrass your product more.

I feel more like Dark Artz should be paying us to play the game rather than the other way around.

That is all.
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    Do not buy this game! The graphics are horrible, the gameplay is lame and the friendly artificial intelligence is horribly wrong. I don't recommend this game to anyone, because is a garbage. Shall I say anything else? 10 out of 100
  9. May 5, 2012
    The fact that this game was released in 2012 and is being sold is a disgrace to gaming. Everything in this game is just absolutely awful. It's a clone of left 4 dead 2 where all of the interesting characters got replaced with some bland generic cookie cutter characters, all of the satisfying gunplay from left 4 dead 2 was removed and replaced with some multiuse weapon which is so boring toThe fact that this game was released in 2012 and is being sold is a disgrace to gaming. Everything in this game is just absolutely awful. It's a clone of left 4 dead 2 where all of the interesting characters got replaced with some bland generic cookie cutter characters, all of the satisfying gunplay from left 4 dead 2 was removed and replaced with some multiuse weapon which is so boring to use you would rather beat the demons to death with your fists. The game's attempts to be original with boss fights and battlegrounds mode are ruined as well. Visually this game looks like from 2000s, the art design is non existing, everything looks so generic, the textures are bad and the level design has got to be one of the worst ever made. Please do not waste you're money on this game. Expand
  10. May 18, 2012
    Positive reviews are written by the developers, there is no reason to play this game if you at least have half a brain. Fail on almost every levels. Blunder of the year 2012 is a better name for this ****
  11. May 6, 2012
    Terrible game made by horrible developers. If you're wondering if you should buy this game, think of L4D2 except you only get one gun (that shoots a few different projectiles sometimes), you get a few objects THEN go to the safe-room, and get insta-killed by random traps. Oh and there's no special infected, just kind of stronger common infected. Just replaced "infected" with "demons" andTerrible game made by horrible developers. If you're wondering if you should buy this game, think of L4D2 except you only get one gun (that shoots a few different projectiles sometimes), you get a few objects THEN go to the safe-room, and get insta-killed by random traps. Oh and there's no special infected, just kind of stronger common infected. Just replaced "infected" with "demons" and "escape/get to the saferoom" with "defeat this boss/get crystal skulls then go to this teleporter" you have Revelations 2012. I'd like to add that Ken Danforth is a Dark Artz employee, specifically the Level Designer- I'd be wary to take his review seriously as it may be a TAD biased. Expand
  12. May 18, 2012
    The game is unforgivably bad, it does absolutely nothing right. Even if it were free to play it would be a disgrace to the gaming world, I hope that the people who made the game earn nothing from this obvious piece of garbage. Seriously, who the **** are Valid Gaming? They are the worst reviewers in the world.
  13. May 6, 2012
    This game is complete and utter crap, it's an L4D2 clone (you can even spawn some L4D2 items in the console) without all the fun, the mapping is horrible, you can't see anything because it's so dark, almost nothing is explained, the demons and characters are bland and uninteresting,there wasn't even any banter instead of having multiple weapon you get one sickeningly boring Mayan powerThis game is complete and utter crap, it's an L4D2 clone (you can even spawn some L4D2 items in the console) without all the fun, the mapping is horrible, you can't see anything because it's so dark, almost nothing is explained, the demons and characters are bland and uninteresting,there wasn't even any banter instead of having multiple weapon you get one sickeningly boring Mayan power glove, even the boss fights were horrible and it's so easy to glitch out of the map, how did they even get the graphics to be that horrible, the textures are atrocious, I've seen free games that are better that this train wreck, I don't even understand how this got onto steam.

Avoid this game at all costs, it's not worth your time or money.
  14. May 12, 2012
    I'll give this game one point, because the controls actually work, but between the bad teammate AI, awful graphics and character models, repetitive level design, lack of recoil, and the fact that the guns aren't even fun to shoot, you should never play this game.
  15. Nov 15, 2012
    not such a bad game as everyone says.
    many people say that before even trying and the game or passing the first level.
    before the update i would give 4 but the update changed it.
    it was very boring fighting with no ammo with the same weapons now its better missions are fun and everything isn't bad at all i guess i like it cause i love left 4 dead
  16. May 19, 2012
    This game should NEVER have existed. It makes CoD look almost perfect it's that bad. I feel sorry for the people who actually paid for this game as it is a complete waste of money. The face expressions on the characters and enemies always stay the same, the game gives you no idea of what your doing ect. What's worse is that it is virtually a rip off of Left for dead. The enemies are alwaysThis game should NEVER have existed. It makes CoD look almost perfect it's that bad. I feel sorry for the people who actually paid for this game as it is a complete waste of money. The face expressions on the characters and enemies always stay the same, the game gives you no idea of what your doing ect. What's worse is that it is virtually a rip off of Left for dead. The enemies are always the same!!!! As well as the NPC's that are with you do most of the work and there arms are always stretched out. There is probably nothing good about this game. The graphics or the game, they are crap, this is like Half life if it was made years before it should have been. There are loads more cons to this game and thats pretty much it. Should not exist END OF STORY Expand
  17. May 19, 2012
    This game is complete and utter BS it is the ET of 2012 This is the Apocalypse stuck playing this game forever this should not be on steam and should also not cost money i wouldn't even play this game if i was being paid (Also this positive reviews are of course BS by the devs of the Game)
  18. May 19, 2012
    Why the developers decided to release something like this will never truly be known. Nor will the reasoning behind the decision to release an official nude skin for one of the player characters, which I might add look like they were made in 1995.
  19. May 27, 2012
    I have played free mods that are better than this game. Free mods built by a single person. The concept is somewhat decent but borrows a lot from other games. The execution is horrible and half-baked doesn't even begin to describe it. Don't buy this game. If a friend gives it to you for free, that person should no longer be considered a friend. No more needs to be said.
  20. May 19, 2012
    A mod of l4d2 that should be free. It uses the l4d.exe. Voice acting is horrendous, this is just a terrible l4d2 mod that asks for money.The keys aren't binded at the start and to top it off the developers have sunken low enough to support their own game. Also none of the developers even have a degree in anything related to gaming (i.e. Programming) and one of their directors admits heA mod of l4d2 that should be free. It uses the l4d.exe. Voice acting is horrendous, this is just a terrible l4d2 mod that asks for money.The keys aren't binded at the start and to top it off the developers have sunken low enough to support their own game. Also none of the developers even have a degree in anything related to gaming (i.e. Programming) and one of their directors admits he doesn't even play video games! Expand
  21. Jun 14, 2012
    now i just want to say i have played this game and i dint love it but there are worst but why didn't you get more help this can't continue forever guys you can't make it good if I'm being to harsh I'm sorry but good luck whit it
  22. Jun 25, 2012
    i can't get behind a game where they misspell apocalypse in their official trailer. that coupled with developers writing fake reviews just screams how unprofessional they are. i want my $5 back.
  23. Dec 14, 2012
    This is a phenomenal game. I've been confined to the terminally ill wing of the children's hospital for a little over a year, with my only enjoyment coming from computer games. The second I downloaded Revelations 2012, my cancer was immediately cured and a wheelchair bound child next to me stood on his two feet for the first time in his life and started tapdancing. Thank you RevelationsThis is a phenomenal game. I've been confined to the terminally ill wing of the children's hospital for a little over a year, with my only enjoyment coming from computer games. The second I downloaded Revelations 2012, my cancer was immediately cured and a wheelchair bound child next to me stood on his two feet for the first time in his life and started tapdancing. Thank you Revelations 2012, you are a miracle. Expand
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    HeXen and Left 4 Dead had a drunken tryst and ended up with this deformed baby. The game play is clumsy, the graphics are downright ugly, and the game has all the depth of a dessicated puddle. The whole thing feels outdated and and half finished. But I won't dwell on the negative. At least it's better than Big Rigs.
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    Best game ever. Nothing released in 2012 is more interactive, immersing and well polished games released this year.
  26. Jun 26, 2012
    The bad reviews are made by trolls who follow what's "hip." Writing good reviews about this game goes against the crowd. Its too bad people can't think for themselves. The game is actually fun. I bought a couple copies for my friends and me. Its enjoyable. Solid 10/10.
  27. May 6, 2012
    I am putting my excellent review that I posted on the Steam forums here to balance out the 2 trolls here (Arvuti and kranky) and because there are a lot of people hating on the game and trolling for no reason because they do not understand art or basic game development

Ok lets start with the pros. Pros: - Large maps - Open maps - Much exploration - Gameplay slightly changes threw out

Ok lets start with the pros.

Pros:
    - Large maps
    - Open maps
    - Much exploration
    - Gameplay slightly changes threw out levels
    - Puzzles
    - Traps which are jess that a trap sumthang your not sposed to be aware exists and catches you in sum shape or form off guard
    - Lighting
    - Boss fights
    - Larger variety of enemies than that of which I have seen in any L4D: Ranged, Melee, & Magical appear to be the 3 major categories for enemies. Then there is the mini boss' then the boss' themselves. If we wanna get very specific. There are priests, warriors, mini boss, boss/gods, warriors can shoot you with poison arrows or melee & lets not forget the court level in the 3rd campaign they are apparently able to also throw long distances flaming spears at you, and then there the witches which are capable of spawning another enemy type called demonoids.
    - 4vs4 player combat
    - Control AI in 4vs4 combat
    - 1 gun multiple weapons/functions/abilities(1)
    - Now there ARE actual like hints to help guide you along your path threw maps. More than before upon initial release atleast.

1. This option apparently is very debatable. If you dont mind 1 gun that does all the work with different weapons/functions/abilities then this is good for you. TBH tho it makes it a lot easier to use multiple weapons/functions/abilities tho to kill enemies. + you dont have to worry about reload. Well you do by collecting items but still. + anyways with Mouse2 you can either freeze monsters and if minions insta kill if in radius or if mini boss or god itll freezem and hurtem a lil & you can electrocute them I think it is then also give partners shields then sumthang else but I aint beat the last campaign yet lol. Them mouse3 allows if I remember properly by default zoom with sum of the weapons/functions/abilities. In the end I like this and that is why I listed it as a pro. Tho sum probly find it as a con thats their opinion and I respect it.

Next the cons.

Cons:
    - Textures, I will admit there is still quite a few places here and there that could do better but tbh this isnt that big of an issue as most that havent tried the game out yet have been stating.
    - No fog
    - Objects more easy to notice popping into view due to no fog or short view distance
    - Possibly short view distance tho I unno if this is engine restricted and cant be altered.
    - Many might not like the fact this is another FPS...apparently that is a huge dislike about this game...too many peeps hate the fact that you have to do what you do in most FPS games and spam mouse1...well you dont have to. TBH you can use Mouse2 & mouse3 as well that have alternative functions similar to that which of Mouse1
    - Poor frendly AI coding

Atm that is my list of things...may get updated if anythang comes up to mind.

IMHO I would say get this game if you like good coop gameplay and would like a diff setting of the end of the world besides a city filled with zombies and other mutations.

I honestly give this a 9/10 as this is from someone who understands the game, how it's an art form and who has actually played it unlike the trolls and haters

---Stixsmaster
  28. Apr 24, 2012
    Alright I heard alot on the boards on this one so I went ahead and tried it. The shell of the game is alot like left 4 dead 2 but with bosses at the end of the campaign and there are puzzles mixed in as well. The more I played the better the game got. I would recommend giving it a try and sticking to it to see its hidden gems. The game is what you would expect from a low budget indieAlright I heard alot on the boards on this one so I went ahead and tried it. The shell of the game is alot like left 4 dead 2 but with bosses at the end of the campaign and there are puzzles mixed in as well. The more I played the better the game got. I would recommend giving it a try and sticking to it to see its hidden gems. The game is what you would expect from a low budget indie but has moments that shine. I recommend doing the COOP as the single player bots can be very dumb at times.

I only tried the Multiplayer Battlegrounds for about an hour and at first was "what the heck is going on?". It took awhile but you can actually control your forces to send to the opposing team (once you figure out the buttons). They have towers to destroy and something called a spawner or summoner that has to be destroyed to stop bringing in more controlled forces. At the end, you have boss slash tank that has to be killed to win the match. All in all it was way more fun once there was 4v4 going at it.

Here is the quick and Skinny:
    Graphics :: Not AAA, but campaign 3 looks great
    Gameplay :: COOP is Fun
    Multiplayer :: Battlegrounds mode has a chance to be a hit once you learn how to play. FPS + SC ?

I admire to see an Indie go after such a big game modes. I definitely recommend this game! Keep the indies going... they can only get better with support!

--Thanks the Gaming ScottsMan! (First to Review!)
  29. Sep 29, 2012
    This game is a gorgeous example of magnificent and unparalleled gameplay. Mixing robustly designed mechanics with emotionally attaching characters along with a nice artstyle, constituting this game as vastly superior to the average day game. Remarkable boss and level design establish a true feel of excitement between the gamer and the video game. For these reasons, I say that a must-buyThis game is a gorgeous example of magnificent and unparalleled gameplay. Mixing robustly designed mechanics with emotionally attaching characters along with a nice artstyle, constituting this game as vastly superior to the average day game. Remarkable boss and level design establish a true feel of excitement between the gamer and the video game. For these reasons, I say that a must-buy game of the year and Revelations 2012 are one and the same. Expand
  30. Sep 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely horrible. It's like a REALLY bad Left 4 Dead mod. One of the worst games ever made. I do not suggest buying it. Revelations 2012 disgusts me.
  31. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is total rubbish in single player and should never be played in this mode. You might get a little bit of fun out of this game if you play it after a few drinks and with friends but otherwise this game is bad. i think the best thing in this game is the textures of the fruit.
  32. Dec 31, 2012
    Can i even call this a game. Why does this exists i have nothing to say but please don't buy this if you want to stay sane.Only fun when you are with friends laughing at it.
  33. Jan 2, 2014
    This one of those rare video games that absolutely blows you away. From start to finish this game will leave you speechless and and leave you wondering why you spend 10$ on this pile of turd. The most fun thing you will experience playing this game is changing your underwear from pissing yourself laughing over the combat system, voice acting and story line. Game of the Year IGN 11/10This one of those rare video games that absolutely blows you away. From start to finish this game will leave you speechless and and leave you wondering why you spend 10$ on this pile of turd. The most fun thing you will experience playing this game is changing your underwear from pissing yourself laughing over the combat system, voice acting and story line. Game of the Year IGN 11/10 Would play again Expand
  34. Jun 19, 2016
    This game is a great example of Steam's quality control, because they can't hide behind anything else. They can't say anything like "It was on greenlight and the public voted for it, so that means it's the public's fault." The only reason that this game was put onto Steam was because it was made in the source engine, yeah, imagine if you made the worst game ever, put no amount of effortThis game is a great example of Steam's quality control, because they can't hide behind anything else. They can't say anything like "It was on greenlight and the public voted for it, so that means it's the public's fault." The only reason that this game was put onto Steam was because it was made in the source engine, yeah, imagine if you made the worst game ever, put no amount of effort into a game, most people would say that it's terrible, but Valve/Steam would accept it because it was made with their engine, but the trouble is, you can't, because Dark Arz Entertainment beat you to it.

If you can't tell by the screenshots, this is a clone of Left 4 Dead but is set in what was supposed to be the year when the world ended, as predicted by the Aztecs. Now, that doesn't sound like a too bad a concept but it's the execution and the laziness of the whole game here in general.

You all know that the source engine gives off good graphics and are the type of graphics that will still live up to any day, as shown by games like Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead and Garry's Mod. The graphics in Revelations 2012 look like the were done in the earliest version of Source engine, I'm talking the original Half-Life's graphics. If you're saying "they used an older version" because they didn't, the setup of the game is done in the Half-Life 2 and Left 4 Dead style, so there's no excuse for the game to look this bad.

The gameplay is marginally the same as Left 4 Dead but add in some unresponsive controls, unnecessary controls that overlap the necessary controls so the game doesn't know which action you want to perform so it's mandatory that you rebind the keys before playing. The most handiest key in this game is Alt+F4. They also somehow manage to take the once addicting gameplay of Left 4 Dead and make it boring with no AI director so you're experiencing the same thing over and over again.

The sound is also terrible. Imagine the horrible sound of a guy throwing up his lunch into a bugle horn, proceeding to make a sound out of it and then proceeding to throw up into a trombone and playing them both simultaneously. The sound in this game is unbearable to listen to.

Revelations is a chunk of boring mess, cobbled together with bad graphics, disgusting sounds and taking a beloved engine and abusing the hell out of how it's used, get a grip Valve, don't make yourselves grow a boner just because someone else is using your engine. Actually ply the games yourself and see what they're like or stick it on greenlight and hide behind someone else.

Pros
    + Nothing

Cons
    - Bad graphics
    - Unbearable sound
    - Misuse of an engine
    - Boring gameplay
    - Repetitive
  35. Oct 31, 2018
    Abysmal Left 4 Dead clone, probably one of the worst games ever made. Garbage.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 26, 2012
    We usually refrain from swearing in our reviews, but I must emphatically say that Revelations 2012 is the worst piece of f..king shit I have played on the job, and they can stick that on Metacritic.
  2. May 19, 2012
    Revelations 2012 is a hilarious experience, because this idiotic and pretty much unplayable can't have been made with a serious intent. The game gets one whole point for the laughs it caused, and that's it.
  3. May 5, 2012
    Revelations 2012 is garbage, and you shouldn't play it.