8.9

1. Oct 18, 2018
    After 500+ hours with this during early access and the beta versions, this is about the best $30 I’ve ever spent. If you want a truly landmark game that can run on almost any computer and provides a nearly limitless amount of entertainment, you don't need me to tell you to pick this one up. Congrats to Tynan (the main dev) and the rest at Ludeon!
  2. Oct 7, 2019
    Game Masterpiece!
    Потрясающая генерация мира, огромное разнообразие игровых механик, богатая библиотека модификаций, огромная кастомизация всего и вся.
    Отлично подойдёт, чтобы сесть на часок, а встать в четыре утра.
  3. Oct 31, 2020
    100% worth the money. You'll easily get 200+ hours of gameplay. Also, it has a huge modding community.

The biggest con is gameplay takes a while one year is about 16 hours and the graphics are quite bad.
  4. Feb 17, 2020
    Great colony sim game, plenty of options, makes great stories, and its even really mod able making it infinitely re-playable. whats not to like.
  5. Dec 14, 2019
    Game is crazy addicting. It's like a Sims but for action survival genre. All meticulous little details may seem to some as little bit over the board. But the payoff is amazing seeing your colonist survive in winter or extreme desert..
  6. Sep 16, 2020
    In short:

Rimworld is the most addictive drug I’ve ever tried.
    ======================

----------------
    Grindness: Some early game skill grind.
    Amount of updates: ~1 update per month
    Update contents: Lots of new content, every update.
    Game size***: Up to 350MB
    ----------------
    Do I really need to add something?
    ====================
  7. Aug 29, 2020
    Огромная, генерируемая планета с активной погодой, с настоящими персонажами с собственными историями, максимальной случайностью всего происходящего и красивым миром вокруг, делящимся на биомы и потому имеющим различающиеся внутренние геймплейными правилами.Огромная, генерируемая планета с активной погодой, с настоящими персонажами с собственными историями, максимальной случайностью всего происходящего и красивым миром вокруг, делящимся на биомы и потому имеющим различающиеся внутренние геймплейными правилами.
  8. Oct 19, 2018
    It isn't very often I find a game that comes along and takes my attention away completely. Rimworld has done that, and I have put over 500 hours into the game at this point. I still find myself coming back with new mods and new challenges.

The Soundtrack is fantastic, Aiistair Lindsay did a great job bringing an atmospheric sound track that has gone longer than any game I've ever played without being turned off. Even Elder Scrolls games have worn on me.

The Graphics are functional.

A bit of frustration with the game for most players will be the interface and learning curve. You don't really tell your pawns to do things in a direct manner. Instead you set tasks, priorities, bills, and other things and allow it to auto-run. It is possible to micromanage every task, but that would get daunting quickly. It is worth running through the tutorial for the basic idea, if you get stuck there are a lot of channels on Youtube with some guidance. I will admit though the game does have some issues with conveyance.

There is no real story for the game, instead the events, pawn interactions, and goals of your colony really dictate the story that happens for each and every time you start a new colony.

The mods for the game aren't really something I like to count for or against a game. It isn't often a game does a good enough job with mods to make the experience change entirely. Rimworld is one of those games, the community has made a lot of interesting and game changing mods.

Overall I strongly recommend this game to people who like city/colony simulators.
  9. Oct 24, 2018
    Quite frankly a stunning game. Great credit to how easy it is to pick up and play something that becomes so engrossing and complex. I'm not a huge fan of strategy mechanics but somehow I found something new here - a mix of practical decision-making with a layer of genuine choice and strategy running beneath it. For a game that is focussed on base-building and resource management, I findQuite frankly a stunning game. Great credit to how easy it is to pick up and play something that becomes so engrossing and complex. I'm not a huge fan of strategy mechanics but somehow I found something new here - a mix of practical decision-making with a layer of genuine choice and strategy running beneath it. For a game that is focussed on base-building and resource management, I find that the combat system that grows out of the game's simple control system is actually one of the most satisfying I've played. It's a game you play and realise that what has evolved out of your efforts is a story of lives lived that you created by accident yet find it hard to let go of. Expand
  10. Oct 23, 2018
    Didn't play the early access, have the whole new fresh experience now :) Totally my game!
  11. Dec 28, 2018
    Fantastic game quickly switches you from peaceful colony building to defending yourself from being torn to shreds by 8 mad Yorkshire terriers in the midst of a toxic fallout while your fridge with all your food is on fire and your wife is wandering aimlessly directly toward said deadly doggies because she is peeved that another colonist has a nicer bedroom (because it has a planter in it).Fantastic game quickly switches you from peaceful colony building to defending yourself from being torn to shreds by 8 mad Yorkshire terriers in the midst of a toxic fallout while your fridge with all your food is on fire and your wife is wandering aimlessly directly toward said deadly doggies because she is peeved that another colonist has a nicer bedroom (because it has a planter in it). Deaths are never dull in this game. I'm 750 hours in playing just vanilla with no end in sight. Love this game. Expand
  12. Feb 15, 2019
    One of the best games ever. Almost infinitelly big and totally unpredictable.
  13. Nov 20, 2018
    I have ~322 hours paying this game, and I've been playing for many years in the "pre-alpha". To be perfectly honest, this never felt like an alpha game. This is an incredible, in-depth "build-your-own-story" colony simulator. The game only "released" about a month ago, but it's felt like a full-featured, rich experience for many years before releasing. There's so much to enjoy about thisI have ~322 hours paying this game, and I've been playing for many years in the "pre-alpha". To be perfectly honest, this never felt like an alpha game. This is an incredible, in-depth "build-your-own-story" colony simulator. The game only "released" about a month ago, but it's felt like a full-featured, rich experience for many years before releasing. There's so much to enjoy about this game that I struggle to find where to start.

+ Randomly generated worlds (yes, there is an entire world to explore)
    + Randomly generated maps (this is the map that you control your colonists, whether in your colony, in random encounters in the world, or even other settlements)
    + Rich colonist biographies/stats, with each attribute being important in it's own respect
    + In depth colony management system; fairly easy to navigate/understand, difficult to master!
    + Interesting colony community, colonists interact with each other in positive and negative ways. Some colonists fall in love, others form rivalries, sometimes getting in fights to the death. This leads to unparalleled role-playing and story-building, that is fresh every time you play the game.
    + Lots of difficulty options, from standard "easy, medium, hard" to different "game masters", which dictate how your game progresses.
    + Randomized events, which can have a positive or negative effect on your colony

The only gripe I can think of with regards to this game is the fact that you can't form more than one colony at a time. I understand why though, so it's not necessarily a fault with the game. How would the game manage time progression in one colony while you're managing another colony? Not a trivial thing to manage/program.

So if that is the only thing I can think of that is a "downside" to this game, then what we have is a pretty much flawless game. I'm not kidding when I say that. You compare this with any AAA game and you see that there has been so much care put in to developing every aspect of this game (and to be clear, I believe this game was developed by ONE GUY for most of the 5 years in pre-alpha; can you believe that?).

I'll finish this off with a recent story from my most recent game. The colony of three was just established, and we had minimal resources and were in the process of becoming fully sustainable. Suddenly, we get a report that there is an incapacitated colonist that needs rescuing, which happens to be the father of one of the colonists, Veronika. Even though we have minimal supplies, we can't just leave him. So Veronika embarks on a journey to go save him. With just enough supplies to get there and back, she successfully reaches her father, Francis, only to find that he's unable to walk. Veronika picks Francis up and begins the journey home. About half a day into the trek, with the extra weight of carrying Francis, she notices her supplies won't last both of them. She was left with the choice, try to continue to carry her father home, with a risk of them both starving, or leaving him behind, all but guaranteed to die alone. It was at this point when I thought of what the father most be saying. "Veronika, it makes me so happy to see that you came to save me. You've grown into a fine woman, and I couldn't be more proud of you. But, we both know that we won't make it home at this rate. We both know what needs to be done. Leave me here with my thoughts, and go live your life." Reluctantly with a tear in her eye, she sits him up against a rock, gives him a big hug and says her goodbyes. The entire colony gets a boost to mood for saving a colonist, but gets a negative mood boost for leaving him behind. Veronika is the most affected by this, getting "my father died" negative mood boost. All of this affected how the colonists interacted with one another, leading to some "rebuffs" to even some fighting. At the end of the day, this ended up strengthening the friendship with one of the colonists and creating a rivalry with the other. This was just one example of a random event that can enrich your experience playing this game, and these events are plentiful.

So if you are in to the colony-building RPG-style game, I cannot recommend this game enough. It's a steal for $30, honestly. This game should be $60 if that's what bigger companies are charging for their buggy game with minimal replayabiity at launch and "optional" DLC that you have to pay for. Do yourself a favor and support this game and its developers!
  14. Nov 17, 2018
    Rimworld came into my world out of nowhere. I bought the game on a whim, launched it, and a few moments later it began telling me its first story. The story of Chi:

Chi is ugly as ****, so he saved up what he could and went for plastic surgery… That was the last thing he remembered, when he woke up below the remnants of his escape pod on an unknown distant planet - bruised, naked and

Chi is ugly as ****, so he saved up what he could and went for plastic surgery…
    That was the last thing he remembered, when he woke up below the remnants of his escape pod on an unknown distant planet - bruised, naked and covered in slime. Bummer. And he was still ugly as ****. Bummer. Bummer!
    Chi doesn't give up easily, though. He is not a whimp, so he built himself a home from nothing.
    In a year he went from sleeping on the cold hard ground, picking berries and chewing on raw rat meat to having a real kitchen (with a fridge!), a comfy bed and heater to warm him during the cold winter nights.
    He even made an acquaintance, a friend (kind of). The acquaintance was an actor named Tom. Tom came screaming into Chi's life, fleeing the club wielding maniac who was close behind him. Chi and Tom somehow managed to survive the fight against the aggressor, and Tom chose to stay in Chi's crib (although he didn’t like Chi, because he really IS ugly as ****).
    Another year went by, and Chi and Tom managed to get along. This was probably because Chi is a night owl who enjoys sleeping during the day and working in the moonlight. They only crossed each other during breakfast/dinner.
    Everything was… well, not peaceful, but at least without events such as starvation, disease or violent murder… for a while.
    Until the day, they received a message, telling them that Chi's sister had somehow arrived on the same planet and was now being held captive by a group not too dissimilar to Chi and Tom.
    They gathered their best (awful) weapons and went on a journey to save the poor girl (who was also ugly as ****).
    The mission turned out to be slightly more challenging than anticipated.
    Two bandits had locked Chi's sister up in a small shed, so far, so good... but the place was defended by gun turrets and bloody mortar fire!
    Chi and Tom only had a spiked club and an old six shooter, but as I said - Chi doesn't give up easily.!
    He ordered Tom to shoot at the solar panel, which provided power to the gun turrets, while Chi himself started running.
    Chi dodged whistling bullets and flying shrapnel from mortar explosions as he screamed for death and revenge.
    Somehow, he didn't die.
    Chi's sister was saved.
    Tom was blown to bits by mortar shells.
    They buried Tom next to the solar panel.
    Brother and sister went back to Chi's little hideout and lived on a little while longer…

Rimworld is a storyteller. Rimworld is an absolutely awesome game, because Rimworld is FUN! Rimworld is ugly as ****, but somehow this makes everything exactly right. It underlines the fact that it is all about the story and the gameplay – most of all the story. Rimworld is hard and unforgiving. Rimworld is stealing my sleep. Rimworld is never leaving my hard disk…
  15. Dec 2, 2018
    Simply a master piece. It is amazing, and probably the best game of its kind.
  16. Dec 13, 2018
    I specially registered the account here to tell you that this game is excellent!
  17. Dec 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the complexity of this game. It feels, like everything matters. Each character you get, each resource, even time. You need to think, use your area to last bit and be prepared for everything. Got something about 200+ hours, still no save with end game. But looking towards finishing this awesome masterpiece. Oh, and not to forget, if this game look empty for you, there are mods, so enjoy everything you want. Expand
  18. Feb 28, 2019
    Un generador de historias impresionante, una simulacion compleja repleta de detalles que hara las delicias de las mentes mas imaginativas. Cientos de horas de juego te esperan, recomendadisimo.
  19. Feb 15, 2019
    I enjoy playing for over 500 hours and the game continues to be fun.
    a wide gaming community provides a large variety of amateur modifications that can almost endlessly diversify the gameplay for every taste
  20. Feb 17, 2019
    fantastic,complete game. the graphics are simplistic but beautiful (in my opinion),and the simplicity make it easier to run bigger colonies on PC of less quality. the game is complex and don't hold your hands, its your errors and the culpability they bring you who hold your hands. the modding community is alive and make the game better. 100/10
  21. Feb 19, 2019
    Easily a 10. This game has been in development, alpha and beta versions for so long it's unbelievable, and even the early versions were quite fun. It's a huge game and a gigantic open world but while it feels intimidating at first, it's actually very intuitive and enjoyable. It's an excellent example of how you can have a great game even without fancy graphics. Also it's addicting as hell.
  22. Feb 19, 2019
    Hundreds of hours played and hundreds of hours enjoyed :)

Always fun to watch your only good gunner get a hive spawn under his feet and have to go die his tail out.
  23. Dec 12, 2020
    The game is overpriced and there is very little content but its an amazing platform for mods that make this game awesome
  24. Nov 1, 2018
    Buy people, capture people, force the captured people to eat corpses of their friends, sell their organs. - Rimworld
  25. Nov 27, 2018
    Fair warning, like many reviewers before me, I've sunk far too many hours into this game to give a unbiased review. I discovered this game back when it was around A12 (Alpha 12, before the game was available on Steam) and when it was still quite early in development. Being a Dwarven Fortress enthusiast, I enjoyed the first experience of a more casual colony management game. Even back thenFair warning, like many reviewers before me, I've sunk far too many hours into this game to give a unbiased review. I discovered this game back when it was around A12 (Alpha 12, before the game was available on Steam) and when it was still quite early in development. Being a Dwarven Fortress enthusiast, I enjoyed the first experience of a more casual colony management game. Even back then the amount of individual story you could create amongst your colonists was quite interesting, you could see a colony rise and fall, each and every event adding a unique and individual twist on the game that adds a massive amount of replay value.

As time progressed and the game picked up interest and grew (the modding scene is quite active. Not quite near Bethesda levels of modding scene, but it doesn't need to be. It's also heavily supported by the creator of Rimworld and a lot of mods made it into the full release), the game grew along with it. Each and every update was a true addition to the game. It expanded the possibilities, the story, the scope of the game.

I could go on and on about this game and turn this entire review into a love letter to Tynan Sylvester (and the crew that came onboard), but honestly, you should just pick it up and play it. It's relatively cheap, it runs on every potato imaginable (thanks to the adequate graphics, which is the only thing that could really turn a person off if you're all about high fidelity) and the replay value as well as unique storytelling keeps you coming back for.... well, in my case, well over 800 hours.
  26. Nov 27, 2018
    Uno de los juegos mas locos, y geniales que he jugado nunca, en mi top 5 de toda mi vida, muy muy recomendado si te gustan los juegos de estrategia, gestion dificiles, y no eres una putita grafica
  27. Jan 22, 2019
    An exceptionaly deep and vaired game. It's like Dwarf Fortress but prity. Incredible replayable, and a brilliant 'Story Engine'.

On a Side note this also was the final nail in the coffin that was PCGamer.
  28. Dec 5, 2018
    Great game with a lot of time to be spend, also a large modding comunity which helps with replay options
  29. Dec 12, 2018
    Signed up just to review this game.

Its the sims, mixed with guns. If you use mods, you can simulate anything. This is my favorite game.
  30. Jan 13, 2019
    Rimworld es de los juegos en que inviertes horas y horas sin darte cuenta, tienes millones de cosas por hacer y probar, puedes afrontar problemas desde muchos ángulos distintos, la capacidad de personalización es infinita y cada partida es única y especial.
  31. Jan 5, 2019
    Imagine 900+ hours of game time in the vanilla game and with mod's about quadruple that, you want to be a rich moron who went out here on purpose who dies in one hit, or want to play as a space marine who was launched from his ship and landed on a random rim planet, want to arrive in living hell with nothing but pants a shirt and 400 hungry demon bears, do it the mods exist the game existsImagine 900+ hours of game time in the vanilla game and with mod's about quadruple that, you want to be a rich moron who went out here on purpose who dies in one hit, or want to play as a space marine who was launched from his ship and landed on a random rim planet, want to arrive in living hell with nothing but pants a shirt and 400 hungry demon bears, do it the mods exist the game exists just try it oh and don't anger the deer packs just don't they will maul your whole colony. Expand
  32. Dec 9, 2018
    I very rarely give 10s. However, over 1000 hours later, I can safely say that, for me at least, Rimworld is one of the top five games I've played in my 30 years of gaming. It is a masterpiece; a labour of love from a developer who has hit every target they set out to achieve.

It won't be for everyone though - it is difficult to get into and can overwhelm if not prepared to give it a chance. This is especially due to the rudimentary graphics, which can be offputting on first glance yet become endearing with time. Rimworld isn't a 'looker' in the traditional sense, but it is highly functional and visually conveys all the information you need.

If you are looking for a 'pick up and play' experience, this won't be for you - if you are looking for a stunning strategy and real time management experience, that delivers buckets of memorable moments via a perfect, customisable procedural story generator, then this is very much for you. In a world where you can pay £60 for a six hour long game with a predictable gameplay loop, £28 for Rimworld is an absolute steal.
  33. Oct 31, 2018
    I'll be honest. This game has taken too much of time since I purchased it. Though my playtime has been limited over the final patches due to other games taking up my time.

That being said RImworld is still a truly amazing game. The opportunities available are staggering and sometimes downright unethical as hell but no matter what, you'll find a way to have fun. Want to live off plants alone in a vegetarian society? Sure. Want to create a medical colony that heals their allies with the organs of unfortunate raiders? Why not! The scenarios this game creates are frankly the best part of it.

It is not a great looking game to be fair. A grey block interface, blob pawns and rather basic sprites don't seem that appealing on the surface, but it is clear the devs were putting the work into where it was needed and that is entirely the mechanics and other features. On top of the main game it has been very well optimised for mods meaning that even if you get bored of the standard gameplay there is a wide variety of community made expansions to help expand gameplay further.

So yeah. Buy Rimworld. Its good.
  34. Feb 14, 2019
    Some good ideas with garbage AI and almost every game mechanics handed over to RNG. You can try and balance this out with a myriad of settings, but at full price this is simply not a great game. It is an amazing time-waster however, and many giving this glowing praise have are rationalizing this to equate to having fun. Most of Rimworld is grind, not fun. The only real fun is toSome good ideas with garbage AI and almost every game mechanics handed over to RNG. You can try and balance this out with a myriad of settings, but at full price this is simply not a great game. It is an amazing time-waster however, and many giving this glowing praise have are rationalizing this to equate to having fun. Most of Rimworld is grind, not fun. The only real fun is to religiously study all the mechanics with countless hours of reading wikis, then beat the game with RNG set to "melt my face off", so you can run to the Internet (Reddit) to brag about how ultra hardcore you are. Expand
  35. Jan 8, 2019
    One of the best modern indie PC games, simply amazing!

Tons of depth, great gameplay, immense replay value and TONS of user made mods on the steam workshop. Check this game out asap!
  36. Dec 29, 2018
    It's like a dumbed down version of dwarf fortress, still very fun to play.

RNG can screw you over, or you can just set it so that you can peacefully build all you want. It's entirely up to you.

Think "city" builder with a bit of real time tactical combat thrown in.

Had zero crashes despite running 50+ mods in my latest game. Very stable.
  37. Jan 1, 2019
    Infinite variation, easy to pick up, impossible to master, creates a story that is different every time and draws you in. Just what you need in a strategy game. This is gameplay. This is not pretty. You will not care that it is not pretty (though I deducted a point for a few clunky UI/UX).
  38. Jan 7, 2019
    Endless hours of entertainment guaranteed. It can be a walk in the park or a bloody nightmare. It will hook you right away. Forget about the graphics, this is a game for the courageous ones. My suggestion, play it in the "iron man" mode, no saves, you just deal with it and move forward. Life is unfair, get used to it.

Amazing game, get it, you won't regret it.
  39. Feb 26, 2020
    Story telling? Just a very basic game that requires a lot of imagination for a story. Would maybe have been great in 1999, but this is not enjoyable for me today
  40. Jan 12, 2019
    A simply amazing game. No play-through is the same. Each colonist is unique, and you'll invariably develop very strong feelings for them, because they have more personality than most fully-fledged fictional characters despite being rudimentary limb-less blobs.

This is the sort of game where you can find yourself having playing 10 hours straight and being disappointed when you realize you have to go to bed because it's already past 3 in the morning.

You can see an entire society rise and fall, see people help each other, struggle to survive natural disasters, defend themselves from attackers, fight each other, fall in love, break up, die a tragic death from an infected squirrel bite because all the medicine was used up in a malaria plague, chill out smoking joints, grow old, develop cancer, go insane. You can decide to help everyone escape the planet on a spaceship, or their settlement a permanent home. Or pack up everything for a long trek in a quest to find greener pastures on another part of the globe. Or simply turn them into marauding bandits.

You can see a three man colony become a huge 50 person settlement with industrial production methods, then see it all collapse under the weight of its own complexity.

You can witness the beauty and ugliness of life itself.
  41. Dec 27, 2019
    I like this type of game but just couldn't get into it, I think because of the juvenile and unappealing graphics. I wish someone could come up with a graphics mod I like, because I still think that underneath the surface is a good game. Switched to Dwarf Fortress instead.
  42. Jan 9, 2019
    What can be said that hasn't already? For any strategy, survival nuts who needed that Dwarf Fortress itch scratched here comes Rimworld, an incredibly robust and deep survival game that will really suck up your time in a good way. Definitely has a learning curve that can turn off people early but trust me, stick with it and check out You-tube for Lets Play and Tutorials if you need to.What can be said that hasn't already? For any strategy, survival nuts who needed that Dwarf Fortress itch scratched here comes Rimworld, an incredibly robust and deep survival game that will really suck up your time in a good way. Definitely has a learning curve that can turn off people early but trust me, stick with it and check out You-tube for Lets Play and Tutorials if you need to. Infinite replay-ability and a rising Mod community on Steam. On my top ten list for 2018 on PC (Its been in early access for a while but officially released in 2018). Buy it! Expand
  43. Jan 23, 2019
    Rimworld has a great many positives- very easy to pick up (tutorial optional), varying difficulty settings (from peaceful to rogue-like), and a degree of depth that I find to be unprecedented. To give example to the last point: a shoot-out occurred when raiders breached my colony's kitchen. Failure to clean up the corpses and blood caused my chef's food to become unsanitary, causing foodRimworld has a great many positives- very easy to pick up (tutorial optional), varying difficulty settings (from peaceful to rogue-like), and a degree of depth that I find to be unprecedented. To give example to the last point: a shoot-out occurred when raiders breached my colony's kitchen. Failure to clean up the corpses and blood caused my chef's food to become unsanitary, causing food poisoning. Wow.

I do think that there are some flaws- I don't think the game is a perfect 10/10 for me. Some design choices are odd, like the "taint" mechanic which heavily discourages looting apparel from enemies, no ability to repair armor and weapons, and the decision to exclude water mechanics, such as thirst, bladder and hygiene. Fortunately, there are mods created by the community to fix these issues, but I am personally in the camp that developers should not rely on these generous souls to prop up their games.

Another issue that is very dependent on the individual player's likes/dislikes/tolerance: the game is not visually beautiful. It is simplistic 2-D art that more-or-less delivers it's core meaning. When you see a chair, there is little doubt that it is a chair. However, some players may find Rimworld not attractive enough to satisfy their bionic ocular implants.

Closing words: At $30.00, this game is a must-buy if you enjoy this particular genre. Any percentage of discount would be icing on the cake. Lastly, the Steam Workshop is mandatory- shop around to add some much needed content that was left out of the game. It's that little bit extra that makes the game really great.
  44. Feb 7, 2019
    This game is simply amazing and anything less than a 10/10 is a disservice to it. It takes a while to get to master it, but the depth the game has is without a modern comparison. Dwarf Fortress is the progenitor of this but it doesn't extend into the space age as far as I can tell and it's even more difficult to get into. Rimworld is just the best and I don't feel like my time in the gameThis game is simply amazing and anything less than a 10/10 is a disservice to it. It takes a while to get to master it, but the depth the game has is without a modern comparison. Dwarf Fortress is the progenitor of this but it doesn't extend into the space age as far as I can tell and it's even more difficult to get into. Rimworld is just the best and I don't feel like my time in the game was wasted, which is more than I can say for most games. Expand
  45. Dec 19, 2018
    After almost 1000 hours into beta 19 and now with the 1.0 release, I can say that this is one of the best indie games i've ever played.
  46. Feb 3, 2019
    A really fun game. It was fun to see my people grow and my sleeping spots turning into forts with hi tech defenses. The attention to detail here was amazing, and I found myself discovering new details every time I played. I highly recommend this game.
  47. Apr 30, 2019
    One of the best games ever made, it looks a bit cheap and that is why it only gets a 9, It is an amazing base builder/survivor with good combat, the AI is not daft making it quite hard which I always appreciate a challenge I hope you to as this will definitely give you one
  48. Aug 27, 2020
    Very good game with a lot of replayability but the dev seems to have abandoned it, so no more improvement for the basic game only dlc expansions
  49. Mar 25, 2021
    This game is great if you manage to go to 1990's somehow otherwise its **** wtf is score srsly
  50. Mar 20, 2020
    RimWorld is a colony construction and management with light storyteller elements. As a colony management game this game shines for the most part, there are some clunky mechanics and shallow research late game but generally does a fantastic job. The random story teller aspect of the game is probably the weakest point of the game, in more detail I mean how the game scales difficulty toRimWorld is a colony construction and management with light storyteller elements. As a colony management game this game shines for the most part, there are some clunky mechanics and shallow research late game but generally does a fantastic job. The random story teller aspect of the game is probably the weakest point of the game, in more detail I mean how the game scales difficulty to perceived "wealth" of your colony. It's very easy on harder settings to get a RNG item early from a event or whatever and all of a sudden instead of your 4 colonists fighting a few pirates with pistols the game throws mech swarms at you with little to no static defenses or ability to actually survive this. I wish the game had a more "gentle" arc of difficulty and events didn't scale solely with wealth of the colony.

I have over 800 hours in Rimworld on Steam and who knows how many hours in the various betas. I highly recommend Rimworld as is but mods push this game to top tier in my opinion. Mods add so much more depth and uniqueness to the experience.
  51. Mar 29, 2019
    A fantastic game with beautiful combination of strategy and management. Modding makes it nearing perfection. Do not be turned away by the graphics. This game has so much depth that it makes you dream about it in your sleep. Tynan, thank you for this masterpiece.
  52. Ndi
    Sep 10, 2020
    As a long time fan of fiddling for hours with a map, Rimworld is right up my very narrow alley.

Surprisingly complex, well balanced and a broad array of mods and options make it very customizable and the fact that they glued combat in a build game and I'm not complaining is an achievement in itself. It's so well done that I still find myself pressing space in other games attempting

It's so well done that I still find myself pressing space in other games attempting to suspend time and deal with everyone being on fire, the base being on fire, the pets being on fire and the fire being on fire.

Definitely 10/10
  53. Aug 9, 2021
    This was my first 500 hour game, and will likely be my first 1000 hour game. It is, without a doubt my favourite game of all time. I can't put into words how good this game is. Just, play it.
  54. Apr 14, 2020
    Rimworld is the best PC game I have played in at least a decade. You can choose the type of game you want to play from calm base builder, arms manufacturer/dealer, drug dealer/manufacturer to all-out tower defense or cannibalistic mad man. The replay value is endless as is the amount of unique stores and experiences from game to game.
  55. Sep 22, 2021
    Best game of all time...........................................................................................................
  56. Nov 15, 2019
    This game is honestly one of the best experiences I've had on PC. It may look simple, but the mechanics allow for deep, delightfully addicting playthroughs with great modding support being the cherry on top.
  57. Aug 13, 2021
    Highly re-playable, with plenty of different starts, tons of random encounters, and a character personality system that results in a unique story every time. On top of being an in-depth base builder.
  58. Nov 3, 2020
    + super nápad
    + všechno generované
    + zabiják času
    + udržitelnost
    + nápad tím pádem konkurence
    + čeština
    - občas stupidní generování nepřátel
    - grafika
    Díky malé konkurenci atd má 8/10
  59. Oct 27, 2020
  60. Apr 3, 2019
    Провел в ней больше 200 сотен часов. Ни разу не пожалел. Игра довольно проработанная и глубокая,а если вам этой "глубины" не хватит, это дело решается модами, которые значительно ее расширяют. Но изюминка игры - это история, как правило, она трагичная. Игра генерит просто тонны душещипательных историй, описывать их занятие бесполезное, в это просто нужно поиграть. Равнодушным она вас неПровел в ней больше 200 сотен часов. Ни разу не пожалел. Игра довольно проработанная и глубокая,а если вам этой "глубины" не хватит, это дело решается модами, которые значительно ее расширяют. Но изюминка игры - это история, как правило, она трагичная. Игра генерит просто тонны душещипательных историй, описывать их занятие бесполезное, в это просто нужно поиграть. Равнодушным она вас не оставит. Просто 10 из 10 белок людоедов. Expand
  61. Sep 19, 2021
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME SCORE : 95 IIIIIIIIII====================
  62. Jul 24, 2020
    A game that seems so simple is so complex. No two playthroughs are the same. With added mod support this game is a must play, its well worth the money.
  63. Mar 30, 2019
    A superb science fiction game that allows you to create characters and see how long they can survive in a harsh space colony of your own making. This freedom leads to each colony creating its own stories, be it a tale of triumph or a tale of despair, the game is a true sandbox that lets you to have all the fun you want with no restrictions. Superb game.
  64. Apr 14, 2019
    great to spend time or to spend hours playing, the events are good depending on the nerd, but the weapons and the combat are simple (something that can be corrected easily with mods like extended combat)
  65. Sep 15, 2019
    The best colony simulator ever! This game is fantastic, already I have 180h, and my girlftriend over 460. You can do anything. Friendly colony that trading goods with others? Yes, but why not colony who has only psychopaths and pyromaniacs, and living from slavery and selling organs from captured (and cloned in next step) prisoners who are incapatible of walking because they were wonded inThe best colony simulator ever! This game is fantastic, already I have 180h, and my girlftriend over 460. You can do anything. Friendly colony that trading goods with others? Yes, but why not colony who has only psychopaths and pyromaniacs, and living from slavery and selling organs from captured (and cloned in next step) prisoners who are incapatible of walking because they were wonded in duels in your fight club? Thousand of mods let you create colony you want! Expand
  66. Dec 18, 2019
    El mejor simulador de supervivencia interplanetaria de la historia. Justo por encima de su padre Dwarf Fortress, Rimworld su descendiente nos ofrece una gran jugabilidad combinada con miles de mods y sistemas aleatorios que nos absorveran durante miles y miles de horas.
    Basta con ver las rewievs en steam de jugadores japoneses que solo han comprado este juego y no han comprado ningun otro por el simple hecho de que no tiene fin.
    Cada partida es una experiencia nueva, llevada al limite donde tu objetivo sera que los colonos sobrevivan y progresen para escapar del planeta. Cada colono tiene una personalidad la cual perjudicara su estado de animo hasta el punto de poder causar la destrucción de toda la base.

La cantidad de opciones, aleatoriedad y jugabilidad combinada con un sistema de gestión perfecto el cual el jugador puede adaptar a sus gustos permite que rimworld sea ese juego de 10 desarrollado por una sola persona y una comunidad de fondo el cual no se lleva ningun GOTY por desconocimiento de las grandes industrias analfabetas del entretenimiento donde poner a un tio repartiendo cajas con cinematicas es el nova mas.

Si quieres pasar horas y horas y horas sin comprar ningun otro juego, te gusta la simulacion interplanetaria combinada con gestion y construccion desde 0 de un imperio. Este es tu juego sin lugar a dudas
  67. Mar 12, 2020
    This is the objectively best game that I have ever played. Better than Breath of the wild, better than The Witcher 3. The best and last game you will ever play. The best $50 (AUS) that I have ever spent. For the sake of god please play this game if you are thinking of giving it a try. You will sink hour after hour into this game. Before I knew it I had logged a hundred hours on steam.This is the objectively best game that I have ever played. Better than Breath of the wild, better than The Witcher 3. The best and last game you will ever play. The best $50 (AUS) that I have ever spent. For the sake of god please play this game if you are thinking of giving it a try. You will sink hour after hour into this game. Before I knew it I had logged a hundred hours on steam. It's so rich and deep. I promise you won't regret buying it. Expand
  68. Nov 24, 2019
    Definitely one of the best games in its genre. Thanks to the dwarf fortress game for creating a unique idea.
  69. Nov 26, 2019
    It makes for memorable stories but is very time-consuming. It takes the Dwarf Fortress genre and makes it playable by the mainstream audience
  70. Jun 9, 2021
    A great story creator and a base management game. It took the best from it's competitors and done that things ever better.

I give this game 10/10 because this is the best colony sim right now.It has both great stories with your characters like Oxygen Not Included and great base building like Factorio. I really recommend you trying this one out
  71. Feb 18, 2020
    this game is just amazing! i dont know how describe it honestly. is the only game you count on every colonist . you need plan your base evolve survive. ah the gaame got a massive modding comunity! jusy buy it honestly if youlike strategy and survivale!
  72. Feb 2, 2020
    With 30+ hours of Rim-world experience I am confidently sharing my opinion so far. This game is amazing. I feel like the massive amount of mods and mod community scenarios available I will never get bored. The game has an amazing depth and the depth is fun, not overwhelming. Please give this a try, for the price you will get way more than your monies worth.
  73. Mar 22, 2020
    Rimworld is one of the most ambitious games from a technical perspective and the devs have pulled it off wonderfully. I’ve been playing the game since before it was on Steam, I’ve seen it grow from being a small game with big ideas to what it is today. It makes me proud of the dev team to see how happy it’s made so many players, including me. This is a game that can be played how you wantRimworld is one of the most ambitious games from a technical perspective and the devs have pulled it off wonderfully. I’ve been playing the game since before it was on Steam, I’ve seen it grow from being a small game with big ideas to what it is today. It makes me proud of the dev team to see how happy it’s made so many players, including me. This is a game that can be played how you want to play it, especially with a thriving modding community. No single run is the same, every play through has its own unique stories to be told, which provides an indefinite amount of play time. I’ve so far clocked up 450+ hours on Steam plus 1-2k hours pre Steam, and still play it frequently and for many hours when I do. I’ve lost entire evenings to this game, starting with the intention of only putting an hour in and then finally stopping 6 hours later. Expand
  74. Mar 25, 2020
    This game is just great, I have got over 300 hours and I have never beaten it. With or without mods. The game has endless potential, you can invest thousands of hours into the game without seeing old things. I sometimes see other users playing and the difference between them and It's is so great it's amazing to see.
  75. Mar 27, 2020
    Good colony-sim game. I haven't yet been able to find another game quite like this one. Play through it and get bored? There are hundreds of mods with full game expansions worth of content. My only gripe is with performance when you have 400~ mods.
  76. Apr 25, 2020
    It seems almost impossible to describe the true brilliance of this game. The best phrasing I can imagine is that it's kind of like TF2. It doesn't really do anything new, it follows its genre's tropes and expectations but also improves upon it with its own unique twist mechanics. Take for instance the mood of your colonists. Morale is nothing new in city building/simulation games, howeverIt seems almost impossible to describe the true brilliance of this game. The best phrasing I can imagine is that it's kind of like TF2. It doesn't really do anything new, it follows its genre's tropes and expectations but also improves upon it with its own unique twist mechanics. Take for instance the mood of your colonists. Morale is nothing new in city building/simulation games, however Rimworld handles it by using a new and incredibly numerically specific method to make it easy to understand,. and gives the player a clear idea of what they need to do. The best words I can use to bring the true quality of this game into perspective is that it is a Landmark on the base building/survival/simulation genre. It is a damn near master piece that will be looked back upon for generations and will serve as a past example of greatness for many future game developers. Or at least... it should be. It's not exactly popular amongst the simulation community, even if it is ranked as one of the highest rating simulation games on steam. I don't hear much discussion of it and I know this is a monumental long shot but it wasn't even a nominee for any awards in the game awards. And it could easily fit into many of the different possible awards, such as independent game, fresh indie game, strategy game, and community support (the games modding community is incredible, but that's a whole other 10 page long essay). But it makes sense because that's the scale this game is on. Its so good it rivals many of the big shot triple A strategy games being made present day, and that's when the game is at its worst. At its best the game is untouchable and is absolutely unrivaled to anything that has ever come and will ever come. Ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea. The games good. Go get it. Its fun and interesting and it contains hundreds of hours of entertainment. Expand
  77. Apr 28, 2020
    been here since almost early acces, take a little breath 9 month ago, coming back just this day and still have a same excitment to play this game just like the first time i've played this game. tons of mods, very deep mechanics and game play, almost no restriction to have you own gameplay, the only limit is your imagination. the great things about this game is, with that creative aspectbeen here since almost early acces, take a little breath 9 month ago, coming back just this day and still have a same excitment to play this game just like the first time i've played this game. tons of mods, very deep mechanics and game play, almost no restriction to have you own gameplay, the only limit is your imagination. the great things about this game is, with that creative aspect and limitless gameplay you still have a mission to fulfill, so you wont get bored. there are many player with more than 3.000 hours played and still exciting with the game Expand
  78. Jun 22, 2020
    Great colony sim with good controls and UI, which is where most of these type of games seem to faulter. A lot of content and it is easy to get immersed in the world. Not as addicitng as I though it would be fro some reason, it feels like there is something missing to hook the player more. Though that might just be me. The price is also a little steep.
  79. Jun 20, 2020
    Great game.

You are the planer for a small colony of people. Manage their needs an wants, while defending the colony from murderus raiders and hungry spacemonsters. All while researching new equipment and gimmicks for your colony. In short: Its a building simulation that will keep you entertained for many many hours. It has a solid foundation and the many many mods make it even
    Great game.

It has a solid foundation and the many many mods make it even better and will keep you entertained for many more hours.

The only game in the genre i can think off, that is deeper might be dwarf fortress, which was obviously a heavy inspiration. that being said, while in comparison, rimworld might not have as much freedom, it does run better for a way longer time and you do not need to fear fps deaths.

So ultimate score would be 9, the only thing that could be done better is more gimmicks.
  80. Jul 21, 2020
    Better game in srpg genre. But too much Weaknesses (survival rol play game )
  81. Dec 12, 2020
    Very unique game that really grows on you. The graphics are very simple (or complex if you compare it to Dwarf Fortress) but the gameplay is not. You can spend hundreds of hours on things game and still find a ways to play differently. Mods make it even better, extending "lifespan" of the game way more. Developer was really active over the years, making numerous overhauls, tweaks andVery unique game that really grows on you. The graphics are very simple (or complex if you compare it to Dwarf Fortress) but the gameplay is not. You can spend hundreds of hours on things game and still find a ways to play differently. Mods make it even better, extending "lifespan" of the game way more. Developer was really active over the years, making numerous overhauls, tweaks and changes,

Also you can do really messed up things in this game, so yea calling it war crime simulator seems fair ;)
  82. Feb 4, 2021
  83. Jan 24, 2021
    One of the best games I ever played. Over 1000 hours of gameplay. Try it and you'll never forget it.
  84. Dec 18, 2020
    8/10, must be played with mods.
    As the base game is quite bare, and feels quite linear.
    The modding community really came into this game though. Worth picking it up.
  85. Feb 27, 2021
    The Good:
    - This is an intensely addictive and fun game.
    - The game design is really great, where the controls allow you to do everything you want, but it's designed so it's easy to lose track of some details or forget something. - There's plenty of opportunity for excitement and drama, whether it's created by the game's built-in storyteller (who throws events at you), from your own
    The Good:
    - This is an intensely addictive and fun game.
    - There's plenty of opportunity for excitement and drama, whether it's created by the game's built-in storyteller (who throws events at you), from your own mistakes, your colonists' interactions, or just your imagination.
    - The game is backed by some really fun and thoughtful science-fiction.
    - The mod community is amazing and gives the game tons of staying power and replayability. Every player has their own list of must-have mods.
    - I played through the Royalty expansion and it also adds a lot of really fun extra gameplay, as well as a cool new win condition, and is worth picking up.

The Bad:
    - After some hundred of hours of gameplay I started to see the pattern in the main storyteller (Cassandra)'s semi-random events. This was solved by switching to everyone's favourite storyteller: Randy Random.

The Ugly:
    - The developer updated the game in the middle of my playthrough via Steam, and there was no way to stop this. I was in the middle of an epic 200 hour game (starting with primitive bow hunters and ending with omni-bots that did all the work for me) when the game upgraded from version 1.0 to 1.1 and broke all the mods. I found this really unacceptable. I was able to workaround the issue by literally saving a copy of v1.0 with all its mods in a separate folder and continuing to play offline. I'm not sure that every player would be tech-savvy enough to pull this off, and I hope the developer doesn't do that to their fan base ever again.
  86. Feb 11, 2021
    Best game I own! With over 500 houres in the game I still feel like I've still not explored all aspects of this game. The modding community really makes this game amazing, and even though this can't be credited as much to the maker of this game, I still think it improves the game.
  87. Feb 21, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 이 게임을 하면서 전략적으로 머리가 돌아가고 또한 집중력이 향상되었다
    이게임은 컨텐츠가 적지만 모드와 Dlc로 더 오래 더 많이 더 재미있게 플레이가 가능하다
  88. Mar 11, 2021
    Can Rimworld bring you a proper amount of hours of intense fun ?

Well, ask any game who even remotely liked a city builder once in their life and who got their hands on this game, that will be a yes. Learning curve ? There is. Replayability ? There is. Emphasized with the DLC. Increasing difficulty ? You go. Rimworld is not merciful. It's harsh, but with every lose comes
    Can Rimworld bring you a proper amount of hours of intense fun ?

Learning curve ? There is.
    Replayability ? There is. Emphasized with the DLC.
    Increasing difficulty ? You go.

Rimworld is not merciful. It's harsh, but with every lose comes experience. You get to painfully learn why you lose during the last minutes of every game, and you'll go further not doing it again.

There really are no downsides to the game, if you like the pitch of it, then you'll get what you expect and more.

So, whether it is on the short term by discovering the game first time, or by succeeding at self-inflicted challenges of increasing difficulty, Rimworld will deliver quality entertainment.
  89. Apr 22, 2021
    Best game ever. Best game ever. Best game ever. Best game ever. Best game ever.
  90. May 27, 2021
    After 400h i can assure it's good. When my colony isnt getting raided it is mostly enjoyable and good
  91. Jun 10, 2021
    Эта игра позволяет создать то общество которого нет в реальности здесь ты можешь создать коммунизм, или монархию( для этого нужно иметь длс) и в целом просто выживать , ты можешь воевать, а можешь дружить почти со всеми. Эта игра создана как песочница в которой ты воплащяешь свои идеи воюя с болезнями нападения и тпЭта игра позволяет создать то общество которого нет в реальности здесь ты можешь создать коммунизм, или монархию( для этого нужно иметь длс) и в целом просто выживать , ты можешь воевать, а можешь дружить почти со всеми. Эта игра создана как песочница в которой ты воплащяешь свои идеи воюя с болезнями нападения и тп
  92. Jun 17, 2021
    I spent countless hours in this game and yet want to go back to develop a new colony again. RimWorld provides a unique opportunity to manage a group of people, build, play a farm game, and fight, everything is beautifully mixed together. A masterpiece
  93. Jul 5, 2021
    One of the best games ever.
    If you can get into the game, it can be whatever you want, a hotel-sim, a game of a nomadic colony or a one man adventure game. The only thing that is fixed in Rimworld is the amount of storage you have to download various mods. Great support, great community and truly amazing gameplay!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2019
    The diversity of environments significantly enriches the game and challenges experienced players in new conditions every time. It’s a hellishly good game – for me an addiction that makes me go back to it and reach for more and more. [13/2018, p.84]
  2. Jan 9, 2019
    A satisfying colony-building sandbox with a lot of replayability that suffers from a lack of polish in the UI. A great aesthetic and quirky sci-fi take on the genre mean there is a lot to like here, it just takes a little digging to get there.
  3. Jan 8, 2019
    An imaginative management game but a weak story generator.