7.5

1. Jun 26, 2018
    The trend in war based shooters of late is to literally take a blast from the past. Battlefield 1 looked at WW1 and Call of Duty returned to its WWII roots for the most recent game in the series. As such when Rising Storm 2: Vietnam was announced, it seemed like a good progression and one that holds a lot of potential for gamers. The previous game in the series focused on the Pacific RimThe trend in war based shooters of late is to literally take a blast from the past. Battlefield 1 looked at WW1 and Call of Duty returned to its WWII roots for the most recent game in the series. As such when Rising Storm 2: Vietnam was announced, it seemed like a good progression and one that holds a lot of potential for gamers. The previous game in the series focused on the Pacific Rim conflicts and focused on the conflict with Japan.
    This time out the focus is Vietnam and players can opt to fight for either the Vietnamese or U.S. forces and they will also be able to select a class and loadout unique to each side before entering the fray.
    The matches I took part in showed off the large and detailed maps which provided plenty of options to flank and enemy or attack from cover. Fields, towns, temples, and more were all an option and I had intense battles in a multi-level building, trenches, fields, and in a town. The weapons were varied but I opted mainly for an M-16 or AK-47 depending on which side I was assigned to. I did have a great opportunity early in the match to ride on a Helicopter and took my position manning one of the machine guns, which allowed us to strafe enemy targets as we traveled.
    Our focus was a mix of taking and securing an objective and of course eliminating as many enemies as I could. Using a mix of grenades and rifle shots I was able to dispatch a few enemies but you could tell that there were some seasoned players online who used to the map to their advantage and were masters at striking without being seen.
    I also experienced some people who were more than happy to call in a Napalm strike without any concern to the number of friendly troops in the target area. Naturally as you progress you will rank up and have more options for your character and loadouts.
    The graphics of the game were solid but did seem a bit dated compared to other shooters. But this does a great job of giving a rough and battle-worn look to the game and not trying to make a blasted and remote area looked like an over-polished presentation.
    If you are a fan of team-based online shooters and want some great action in the Vietnam setting; then Rising Storm 2: Vietnam just might be the game for you.
    3.5 stars out of 5
  2. Jul 8, 2017
    Forced to select classes so if you find something you love better have the best SSD and the internet to pick it before someone else can graphics are so so movement doesn't feel right getting stuck here and there etc... The game all round just feels mediocre.
  3. Jun 3, 2017
    It's no where near as good as these guys are saying it is, it's not bad it's just "meh". Rising storm 2 is a bit more tactical than say BF1 but if you want tactical gameplay there are much better options available (Squad, Arma). Movement is clunky/stiff and you get stuck in hidden barriers at times. When I played I got the feeling that the maps are to small for the rifle mechanics, if thatIt's no where near as good as these guys are saying it is, it's not bad it's just "meh". Rising storm 2 is a bit more tactical than say BF1 but if you want tactical gameplay there are much better options available (Squad, Arma). Movement is clunky/stiff and you get stuck in hidden barriers at times. When I played I got the feeling that the maps are to small for the rifle mechanics, if that makes sense, I dunno. Some one said this game is balanced, it is not. As you might expect the balance is shifted towards the US.US rifles are easier to aim with (m16 VS AKs), air support is op, Americans are harder to spot in jungle areas (Gis are green NV are light brown against a jungle/green background) among other things. However, the sounds is where this game shines tho, bombardments, explosions and rifle fire (both distant and close) sound **** awesome! All that said, if you liked BF2:BC/vietnam or BF1 you will likely enjoy this. For 25$/250kr/25Eur you can do much worse, it's good for a few hours of fun. Expand
  4. Jun 20, 2017
    Graphics: looks good, but poorly optimized. There's always a kind of "laggy" feeling.
    Movement is a bit clunky, as in the previous games. You do get stuck behind small objects way too often.
    Hit registration has some issues, some objects look like they should be easy to penetrate, but somehow stop 10 AK rounds. Sometimes your bullets hit an object or the ground in front of you, while the object is not visible in your iron sights.
    Territory mode is still fun if you have a good team. This is a game where you don't want to be on the losing side though. Not sure why they made a new mode that is basically Conquest from Battlefield, but a lot worse. Territory is where the game shines, but unfortunately there are only 3 maps that support 64 players.
    The gun selection is small, but it serves its purpose.

I have always loved games by Tripwire in the past, but this one definitely feels sub par.
  5. Sep 2, 2017
    I bought a new PC in August 2017 and I really wanted to play some new games , but I didn´t know if I would buy PUBG or Rising Storm 2 : Vietnam. I ended up buying PUBG , I don´t regret it at all because PUBG is one of the best games I played so far.

In the first day of September I was scrolling trough the Steam Store and found out that RS2 : Vietnam was on "Free Weekend" and I was very hyped. I downloaded it and start playing it immediately , the first hour wasn´t that good at all because my internet was bad and I killed my mates so many times because I couldn´t recognise the models.

After some hours played I got better and didn´t TeamKill often and I even made 8 kills alone to capture B (Then my mates came and we captured it).

The more I played the game the more I would enjoy it.

In my opinion it´s not the best game and it needs some improvements such as the models recognising for "newbies" and maybe some official servers for skill-based lobbies.
  6. Jun 10, 2020
    Another solid and intense shooter from Tripwire. Has a couple of little weird bugs and frame rate issues but overall if you have enjoyed Red Orchestra and are looking for something with enough difference this is worth a look.
  7. Feb 27, 2020
    Graphics are bad, game design simple but effective, gameplay is great, but players where too good / competitive for me, someone who doesn't have a lot of time to get good at hardcore games as this
  8. Jan 1, 2020
    Solid all around shooter, very fun to play online in large scale battles. A great representation of the Vietnam war. Team work is key, had a blast playing online with friends several hours of fun and frustration. Great online shooter with a multiplayer campaign mode, large selection of classes, weapons, and tools.

Pretty solid graphics and mechanics, def a must buy fr anyone that

Pretty solid graphics and mechanics, def a must buy fr anyone that like large scale open battles with multiple objectives.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 7, 2017
    If you want to experience the "Vietnam trauma", play Rising Storm 2. This multiplayer action is almost tuned to the max and extremely nerve-wracking. Only if the authors would add more content.
  2. Aug 3, 2017
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is an intense shooter that stresses teamwork over running-and-gunning. The chaos on the battlefield truly shows you what it's like to be under fire.
  3. Jul 25, 2017