7.4

1. May 30, 2017
    No comment , this is what battlefield was supposed to be. I s seams like i play Battlefield 2 again , this sensation is priceless. This is a relay good , and tactical FPS without a doubt.
    All my respect for tripwire & antimattergames.
  2. May 30, 2017
    This is the best Vietnam Era FPS I've ever played. It will remind you of BFBC: Vietnam and Battlefield: Vietnam but in hardcore mode. The music, the gun sounds, the yelling, captures how the Vietnam war must have been, the game play is incredible. It shows how much time and testing was put into this game too, the maps are perfectly balanced, the game play is immersive, your adrenalineThis is the best Vietnam Era FPS I've ever played. It will remind you of BFBC: Vietnam and Battlefield: Vietnam but in hardcore mode. The music, the gun sounds, the yelling, captures how the Vietnam war must have been, the game play is incredible. It shows how much time and testing was put into this game too, the maps are perfectly balanced, the game play is immersive, your adrenaline will be pumping during each round. The guns do a realistic amount of damage; you'll be dropped off in the jungle by helicopter, looking for Charlie. Out of nowhere an ambush will light up the tree line with gunfire, dropping GI's like flies. Just when you feel like the enemy has the upper hand, a napalm strike will clear the battlefield and a epic battle ensues, my hands are still shaking from the last round I played. The price is right, there's no pay to play, it's the best FPS I've played in a very long time 10/10. See you in the jungle boys. I love the smell of napalm in the morning...smells like....Victory... Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2017
    Battlefield sensations are back!!!
    Game go back in the sources and essences of the game...
    Super fun to play...realistic...beautiful game...even with the UE Engine 3.5
    They did a super job!!!
    The game rocks!
  4. May 31, 2017
    The game is great it is realistic and gritty and it has infantry, Helicopters i think it will eventually have tanks too. There is no DLC nor a season pass and it was half the price of other AAA+ games. I love the only thing i dislike about the game is i die a lot and the performance is really really harsh. If they can fix the fps drops across large distances and sort out why everyone hasThe game is great it is realistic and gritty and it has infantry, Helicopters i think it will eventually have tanks too. There is no DLC nor a season pass and it was half the price of other AAA+ games. I love the only thing i dislike about the game is i die a lot and the performance is really really harsh. If they can fix the fps drops across large distances and sort out why everyone has 100ms pings it will easily be my go to shooter. I am not even interested now in CODWW2 or Battlefield or Titanfall which i had on my list against this one. It is simply the best 64player shooter out there at the minute. Expand
  5. May 31, 2017
    Exceeded my expectations. All the great aspects of Red Orchestra and Rising storm but with a face-lift and tons of new features. By far the most well done, immersive, Vietnam game to date.
  6. Jul 4, 2017
    This is a great realistic shooter thats really fun and a change of that futuristic call of duty style ,but people are still overreacting on this game it does almost nothing new then rising storm 1 , still its better then rs1 but it is nothing new but for its price its a shooter recommended for everyone
  7. Jun 17, 2017
    Excellent online FPS for the asking price.
    Excellent online FPS for the asking price.
    The game looks great and runs well. Haven't had any performance issues but I well exceed the minimum specs. Sound effects are really good. Gameplay is very similar to past Red Orchestra games. Teams are broken up into squads with an squad leader who can help players respawn closer to the front lines. Maps revolve around assaulting key points in order or a conquest style mode similar to the Battlefield series. Players select a role or class that determines the weapons and gear available to them. VC roles can lay traps, place tunnels for closer respawns, and conceal themselves from the map and recon planes by hiding in foliage. US roles have flamethrowers, close air support and transport helicopters, and the usual FPS fare.

Like previous RO games, each team has a commander who can use radios to call in artillery and air strikes, recon planes, and for the US, an aerial gunship that can orbit the map and rain down chaingun fire on a designated area. To counter, VC commanders can activate anti-air to shoot these assets down. Squad leaders must place markers on the map for commanders to call in some of these assets. A radioman class can allow commanders to be closer to the front by providing a portable radio. In my experience in public games, commanders rarely utilize radiomen when available and instead sit at the back of the line glued to the radio. Even using voice comms to encourage commanders to utilize my portable radio, I wasn't able to get them to budge. Your mileage may vary.

All that said, there is a degree of teamwork required to do well in Rising Storm 2. SL's must place markers and commanders must call in assets at the right time. Friendly players must also watch the map for asset markers to avoid dying from friendly air support or artillery. As a result, some people may find frustration in public games when teams lack cohesion or players just don't want to coordinate. Don't let that discourage you as you can still me an effective player in your role even when others aren't pulling through.

One minor issue I ran into was frequently getting stuck in level geometry or hitting obstacles that seemed like I should be able to simply walk over but required vaulting with space bar. It's very frustrating sprinting to cover under fire and then dying because my character hit a tiny slope or a small step that stopped his movement.

Any fan of Red Orchestra or the first Rising Storm should buy this. Any fan of Battlefield who laments the recent direction of the franchise should buy this. Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is a nice balance between the hyper-realism of games like Squad or ARMA and the more action oriented FPS games like Battlefield.
  8. Sep 30, 2017
    To sum up this game, it is challenging, team oriented and overall what I consider to be the best Vietnam War game on the market right now.

The only drawbacks are some encounters of player toxicity, team killers, commanders who don't do their job, and the Vietcong having advantages on many maps, and their weapons outclassing the US by a decent notch. The M16 and M14 are great guns but

The M16 and M14 are great guns but have very poor iron sights with terrible field of view, while the AK and SKS sights are much nicer.

The M60 and the Flamethrower are an awesome advantage for the US, the M60 is overall better than the RPD/RPK, and the flamethrower if used correctly, can clean house.

The IZH double Barrel hunting shotgun and the PPSH are respectively better than the trench gun and grease gun. The trench gun has more rounds, but the IZH has less spread, more stopping power, more range and faster movement speed. The PPSH is a little less accurate and has less range, but the ammo capacity and the firing speed and damage far surpasses the grease gun's, not to mention the sight on the grease gun is like trying to look through a tin can with a hole poked through it.

Snipers are snipers, not much to change, they all pretty much one shot, have the same range and negligible differences in accuracy. However, on certain maps, the US snipers get a silencer on certain rifles, which dampens noise and has no muzzle flash or smoke, allowing you to hide more safely. This is a definite advantage for the US.

Grenade launcher vs RPG. Enough said.

As the RPG class you can have a rifle and an RPG whilst only being able to have the grenade launcher and a pistol on the grenadier class. Overall, explosion radius is not great, you basically use one grenade per one to two kills, and it is decent for suppression. The RPG only has 2-3 rockets, but fires with pinpoint accuracy and has a much bigger explosion radius, easily clearing trenches and houses with a single well placed rocket.

Overall, your victory will be heavily reliant on your teamwork, strategy and the cunning of your squad leaders and commander. Never blame one person for the loss, even though a **** commander can easily lose the game for you so don't be afraid to give constructive criticism on how he can do better. If you don't know how he can do better, or don't think you can do better yourself, don't complain, it's that simple.

Have fun fellas
  9. Sep 25, 2018
    Campaign makes it finally worth buying. Epic combat, great teamplay, great for fans of RO2. Only downside is outdated UE3 engine.
  10. Dec 1, 2017
    Rising Storm 2 is a great game if you like these type of arcade-realistic shooters. Its an improvement of the RO2 formula with some interesting features like personalitaion and the new system of squad. And there arent many vietnam games in the market... so if you want it... 6€ in some offers on InstantGaminhg or 10€ on steam. If you want it, you should buy it
  11. Aug 27, 2018
    I have played many shooters. There is an appealing fear factor with RS2. A complete novice can get the drop on you, no matter how experienced you, are as a player. The weapons have real-world recoil and sound. You feel the tracers whiz past your head. My only disagreement with other reviews is that, the Commander is not the most important role. SQUAD LEADER is the most important, as youI have played many shooters. There is an appealing fear factor with RS2. A complete novice can get the drop on you, no matter how experienced you, are as a player. The weapons have real-world recoil and sound. You feel the tracers whiz past your head. My only disagreement with other reviews is that, the Commander is not the most important role. SQUAD LEADER is the most important, as you are on the front, in the trenches with your men, capturing points and painting targets for the Commander...while under fire. Also responsible for digging tunnels for spawning purposes. Without the SQUAD LEADERS, the Commanders have no drops. In my opinion, this is one of the hottest shooters to date. Even with its age, you still have no problem finding a 64/64 brimming with death and destruction. I luv it! Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2018
    Best Shooter of 2017 firefights are intense, gameplay is amazing. This game has great free custom maps created by the community.
  13. Jul 16, 2017
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam still requires some extra polish and the game has a potentially steep learning curve but if you're missing games like Battlefield 2 and want to play a team-oriented, role-based, asymmetric multiplayer FPS set during the Vietnam War, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ticks all the right boxes. I just hope enough people continue to play and support the game as it would be aRising Storm 2: Vietnam still requires some extra polish and the game has a potentially steep learning curve but if you're missing games like Battlefield 2 and want to play a team-oriented, role-based, asymmetric multiplayer FPS set during the Vietnam War, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ticks all the right boxes. I just hope enough people continue to play and support the game as it would be a shame if a game with so much potential was abandoned. Expand
  14. Apr 6, 2019
    bad optimization. terrible movement. still a very fun game. getting constant updates and fixes.
  15. May 12, 2018
    The only letdown on this game is the engine its unreal engine 3 looks greta 4k ultra 80 fps with a 1080, but Cpu it only uses 2 cores so the fps are not constant unless you use a beast of a cpu with very strong single core speed. otherwise its a 10/10 best MP Shooter on the marker, if You think Bf1 is good then you are a brainwashed casual go buy dlc and season passes with dumb gameplay.
  16. Sep 6, 2019
    Pretty fun shooter to just pop in and play for an hour or so. Fairly cheap, too. Good if you're looking for something slightly more tactical than CoD or just a Vietnam game
  17. Nov 18, 2020
    Some folks are born made to wave the flag
    Ooh, they're red, white and blue
    And when the band plays Hail to the Chief
    Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me
    I ain't no senator's son, son
    It ain't me, it ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate one, no

buen juego, malos servidores, es como una mezclas entre el realismo de arma con lo arcade de battlefield.
  18. Mar 25, 2020
    This is hands down the best FPS game released since Battlefield 2142 (Maybe Battlefield 3 at a push). A game for the proper Gamer, where a modern Call of Duty approach of 'Spray & Pray' will be met with a swift bullet to the head at 50meters!

If you are considering purchasing and are exacerbated by the ever reducing quality and dumbing down of games (CoD, Battlefield 4, V etc..) then please give this a shot! The realism is top notch and the mechanics are very balanced. Yes it is challenging, but it makes it all more the satisfying when you manage to get a kill on the other team!

Those that have been negative about this game I would lump with the idiots that ruin modern mainstream games these days :(
  19. Oct 17, 2020
    The most realistic war based, tactical fps ive ever seen. You can die and kill in one shot. Due to its realistic nature, many first timers get killed without even knowing where the enemy is. It does have a steep learning curve. When i first started this game out, i was running everywhere, not being too wary of oncoming fire, because i was used to cod. This is nothing like it. You have toThe most realistic war based, tactical fps ive ever seen. You can die and kill in one shot. Due to its realistic nature, many first timers get killed without even knowing where the enemy is. It does have a steep learning curve. When i first started this game out, i was running everywhere, not being too wary of oncoming fire, because i was used to cod. This is nothing like it. You have to move slowly to not catch a snipers eye. Teamkilling happens often, to everyone. Just apologize Expand
  20. May 26, 2022
    еСЛИ БЫ ЛЕНИВЫЕ РАЗРАБЫ НЕ ЛЕНИЛИСЬ СО СВОИМИ КРИВЫМИ РУКАМИ И МИЗЕРНЫМИ БЮДЖЕТАМИ ДОПИЛИТЬ ИХРУ ТО ЭТО БЫЛА БЫ ПРОСТО ПУШШКА БРАТ АА

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 7, 2017
    If you want to experience the "Vietnam trauma", play Rising Storm 2. This multiplayer action is almost tuned to the max and extremely nerve-wracking. Only if the authors would add more content.
  2. Aug 3, 2017
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is an intense shooter that stresses teamwork over running-and-gunning. The chaos on the battlefield truly shows you what it's like to be under fire.
  3. Jul 25, 2017