7.5

1. Nov 27, 2017
    This game has some of the best VR gameplay I've experienced. It's really well produced, and truly a AAA title in a sea of mixed quality VR games. Experiences like this makes VR unique. Perfect interaction with the world, great shooting mechanic, physical skills required to get good - it's a must for anyone with a Rift.
  2. Mar 3, 2017
    Combat feels great, very smooth overall with a great action feel. Movement with the teleportation feels natural (in a front facing setup). Very humorous with an arcade game feel. Enemies are very interactive.

Personally, it's my favorite VR experience so far
  3. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is awesome. The graphics are the most clear and crisp of any other VR game. The gameplay doesn't dissapoint, this game is nuts! I discover a new cool thing every time I play. Last play session I discovered I could shoot hoops with the basketball in one of the levels. The level of polish is incredible!! The menu system is also really cool and easy to use, easily the best outThis game is awesome. The graphics are the most clear and crisp of any other VR game. The gameplay doesn't dissapoint, this game is nuts! I discover a new cool thing every time I play. Last play session I discovered I could shoot hoops with the basketball in one of the levels. The level of polish is incredible!! The menu system is also really cool and easy to use, easily the best out of all the other VR games I played. This game is a must have if you like VR. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2017
    Controls are incredibly smooth and really bolster the experience. From pulling out a shotgun to teleporting behind enemy lines, the transitions are seamless. Action is snappy and responsive; rending limbs from enemies and firing guns are immensely satisfying. Robo Recall sets the standard for VR.
  5. Nov 27, 2017
    The game play is a 9 for me. Beautiful world, awesome fast paced gameplay, and a sound track that pumps you up. You reload by tossing your weapon away and holstering new ones. Or you can throw them at an enemy to reload faster. Hand guns draw from your hips, shot guns draw from over you shoulder. You can also teleport to the enemy and grab him, rips parts off for weapons or hold him like aThe game play is a 9 for me. Beautiful world, awesome fast paced gameplay, and a sound track that pumps you up. You reload by tossing your weapon away and holstering new ones. Or you can throw them at an enemy to reload faster. Hand guns draw from your hips, shot guns draw from over you shoulder. You can also teleport to the enemy and grab him, rips parts off for weapons or hold him like a meat shield.

However the reason I am giving this a 3 is because I can't play past the second mission. There is a problem that according to their forums they appear to have known about since march 2017 (I am writing this in November 2017) and have not fixed. I contacted their tech support and it took 12 days for a reply which said I needed to contact Oculus (which I had already done). It's nearly been 12 days again and I still have not heard back from Epic games Tech support.

It will be worth the purchase if the game works, but if it doesn't then you may be as screwed as I am because they appear to have no tech support for their game. That is definitely something I will consider if I ever choose to buy another game from them.
  6. Aug 1, 2017
    I recently purchased an Occulus Rift with Touch and found most experiences pleasing so I was ready to step up to a real game. Robo Recall unfortunately, can barely be called a game. They removed the one thing that makes a game a game, movement. You have to 'teleport' everywhere in order to shoot anything. Is this a video game or a carnival ''shoot-the-bottle'' simulator? Super turned offI recently purchased an Occulus Rift with Touch and found most experiences pleasing so I was ready to step up to a real game. Robo Recall unfortunately, can barely be called a game. They removed the one thing that makes a game a game, movement. You have to 'teleport' everywhere in order to shoot anything. Is this a video game or a carnival ''shoot-the-bottle'' simulator? Super turned off by this, regardless of their motive. The only reason its getting a 5 is because it looks pretty good. Expand
  7. Jul 16, 2019
    Still the best VR shooter in July 2019. Tried most of them, Pavlov VR is pretty good though
  8. Jul 16, 2018
    It's a great game however, I found a lack of replayability keeps me from giving this a 10/10
  9. Dec 18, 2019
    Robo Recall - released in 2017, but reviewed in 2019. It's still one of the great VR experiences to date.
    While I originally played the game upon release in March 2017, I still find myself going back every now and then to just experience the awe and fun of Robo Recall. It's a game every Oculus VR owner needs to play.
  10. Jun 5, 2020
    Nice graphics, gameplay is okay, it's not that long. Nothing world-shattering

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. May 29, 2019
    Another of Quest’s most important launch titles, this has long been championed as one of the best first person shooters for VR headsets. At heart it’s a fairly simple wave-based shooter, in some ways a modern day interpretation of dual-stick shooters such as Robotron: 2084 and Smash T.V. You’ve got two pistols and a heavy weapon and have to mow down hordes of malfunctioning robots, but somehow it’s a lot stranger than you’d imagine.
  2. Jan 2, 2018
    Sweaty showpiece shooter for Virtual Reality that impresses with graphic splendor and high immersion and precision.
  3. Jul 29, 2017
    Robo Recall is one of the most frantic, kinetic, satisfying, and challenging games of bullet ballet available in VR today. It harkens back to headier days of blue skies, tight gameplay loops, and arcade purity. You could argue that it’s a little content light, but you can’t argue with the price, so we turn to the modding community to see where they can take us next. [Tested with Oculus Rift]