7.5

1. Nov 27, 2017
    The game play is a 9 for me. Beautiful world, awesome fast paced gameplay, and a sound track that pumps you up. You reload by tossing your weapon away and holstering new ones. Or you can throw them at an enemy to reload faster. Hand guns draw from your hips, shot guns draw from over you shoulder. You can also teleport to the enemy and grab him, rips parts off for weapons or hold him like aThe game play is a 9 for me. Beautiful world, awesome fast paced gameplay, and a sound track that pumps you up. You reload by tossing your weapon away and holstering new ones. Or you can throw them at an enemy to reload faster. Hand guns draw from your hips, shot guns draw from over you shoulder. You can also teleport to the enemy and grab him, rips parts off for weapons or hold him like a meat shield.

However the reason I am giving this a 3 is because I can't play past the second mission. There is a problem that according to their forums they appear to have known about since march 2017 (I am writing this in November 2017) and have not fixed. I contacted their tech support and it took 12 days for a reply which said I needed to contact Oculus (which I had already done). It's nearly been 12 days again and I still have not heard back from Epic games Tech support.

It will be worth the purchase if the game works, but if it doesn't then you may be as screwed as I am because they appear to have no tech support for their game. That is definitely something I will consider if I ever choose to buy another game from them.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. May 29, 2019
    Another of Quest’s most important launch titles, this has long been championed as one of the best first person shooters for VR headsets. At heart it’s a fairly simple wave-based shooter, in some ways a modern day interpretation of dual-stick shooters such as Robotron: 2084 and Smash T.V. You’ve got two pistols and a heavy weapon and have to mow down hordes of malfunctioning robots, but somehow it’s a lot stranger than you’d imagine.
  2. Jan 2, 2018
    Sweaty showpiece shooter for Virtual Reality that impresses with graphic splendor and high immersion and precision.
  3. Jul 29, 2017
    Robo Recall is one of the most frantic, kinetic, satisfying, and challenging games of bullet ballet available in VR today. It harkens back to headier days of blue skies, tight gameplay loops, and arcade purity. You could argue that it’s a little content light, but you can’t argue with the price, so we turn to the modding community to see where they can take us next. [Tested with Oculus Rift]