8.1

1. May 5, 2013
    This game had potential, but ultimately, it's a waste of money.

This game had potential, but ultimately, it's a waste of money.

The game is so riddled with bugs that it's unplayable. Good luck trying to complete songs and advance onto new levels, as the game will suddenly and randomly stop registering notes, even though you can hear your guitar through the game and absolutely no indication (like an arrow pointing to a different string if you're playing the wrong one, for example) that you're playing anything at all. Sure, the game ensures that your guitar is in tune at the beginning of each song, but that doesn't matter because the input processing in this game decides to cut out whenever it feels like it. Want to play a mini game to improve your playing technique? Well, I hope you don't plan on advancing too much because you'll only get a few minutes before the game decides, "hey, that sound isn't even a guitar, is it?"

And that's just the software side of things.

As if the sloppy software wasn't enough, you're also required to buy an overpriced, $30 proprietary USB cable in order to play the game. Surely, a one-time fee of $30 isn't bad for a game that will help you learn to play guitar, right? Well, I'd agree with that, except that these cables are extremely prone to failure and you'll have to keep shelling out $30 every few days, weeks or month to keep playing this broken game. So not only does the software randomly cut out and stop working, but the physical cords also just randomly die for no apparent reason. Don't believe me? Look up some Amazon reviews and take a look at their support forum. This is a known problem and has never been addressed. They simply don't care about this game.

It's pretty sad how many paid reviews there are for this game. If you don't want to get ripped off, avoid this game AT ALL COSTS.
  2. Jan 24, 2015
    Idiot that I am, I actually bought this piece of **** game. I had weird issues with very heavy distortion even on low input volume settings and the latency wasn't that great either. I bought myself a Behringer UCA222 (20€!) to try and use my computer as an amp (using AmpliTube) and THAT actually makes those ultralow latencies that Ubisoft claims its cable has possible. So I thought "Hey,Idiot that I am, I actually bought this piece of **** game. I had weird issues with very heavy distortion even on low input volume settings and the latency wasn't that great either. I bought myself a Behringer UCA222 (20€!) to try and use my computer as an amp (using AmpliTube) and THAT actually makes those ultralow latencies that Ubisoft claims its cable has possible. So I thought "Hey, you know what? I might as well give Rocksmith another shot!". So I installed it again... but no luck. The Real Tone Cable has to be used. Now, I found some workarounds that are supposed to work but I'm REALLY pissed off right now because I shouldn't have to use things like that in the first place!! F-ing huge companies and their f-ing greed. I hope that encourages people to pirate all off their **** and give to decent indie devs who release their games DRM-free instead! Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 11, 2012
    The PC version doesn't offer anything additional over the console version, other than perhaps less audio latency, so those who already own a copy have no reason to pick up the PC offering. However, those who don't have the game and are musically inclined would do well to pick up Rocksmith, and the PC version is arguably the most accessible version of all.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    Rocksmith game has ambition to become a guitar playing teacher, but because of its flaws in the learning part of the ambition is not fully achieved. [Nov 2012]
  3. CD-Action
    Oct 24, 2012
    If ten years ago, when I told my parents I want to learn to play guitar, I had had a choice between a 15W practice amp and this game, I would have chosen Rocksmith. [12/2012, p.74]