8.2

1. Apr 29, 2022
    This game is truly awesome. It improves on the first game in every way. Don't sleep on this one!
  2. Apr 30, 2022
    Honestly what else could you want from a rogue-lite? I loved the original Rogue Legacy and somehow they managed to make RL 2 even better. Tons of classes and subclasses (reaper and pizza knights). Lots of unlocks that give you a reason to play NG+ if you want. Fun gameplay, good boss fights, platforming that is hard but not too hard (looking at you celeste). It's just a joy to play.
  3. May 2, 2022
    Just an absolutely fantastic roguelike, can't put it down. Controls are very tight, replayability seems high. Brutally difficult and unforgiving (but fair) which is hard to pull off
  4. May 11, 2022
    Good-
    Compelling combat and platforming. Numerous ways to play classes. Tons of content. Fun boss fights and excellent room generation coupled with amazing presentation.
    Bad- Acquiring skills feels grindy. Rooms that serve no purpose do tend to pop up. Thoughts- Rogue Legacy 2 may not be at the very apex of design like Hollow Knight or match its story and rogue-lite appeal. The
    Good-

Bad-
    Acquiring skills feels grindy. Rooms that serve no purpose do tend to pop up.

Thoughts-
    Rogue Legacy 2 may not be at the very apex of design like Hollow Knight or match its story and rogue-lite appeal. The difficulty, especially when exploring a new biome for the first time, may also prove irksome for some (though there are the House Rules for customizing enemy health, damage taken and much more if you want a more chilled out experience).

Overall though, it’s a great combination of both genres, offering near-endless replay value, a compelling narrative to unearth, a gorgeous and clean aesthetic, and fun gameplay. As accessible as it is immensely complex, Rogue Legacy 2 is a stellar title that will keep you coming back for just one more quirky run.
  5. May 1, 2022
    I was a huge fan of the first Rogue Legacy, as it was my first real dip into the genre. I have been playing this game since the early access, and now that it is finally released, it’s excellent. It doesn’t really do anything revolutionary, but it truly feels like a proper sequel to the original game. More features, more classes, more items, more complexities to your runs - it’s just aI was a huge fan of the first Rogue Legacy, as it was my first real dip into the genre. I have been playing this game since the early access, and now that it is finally released, it’s excellent. It doesn’t really do anything revolutionary, but it truly feels like a proper sequel to the original game. More features, more classes, more items, more complexities to your runs - it’s just a massively expanded sequel to the original game. Same original style of humor, same goofy unique traits, it’s just vastly expanded on. They tried to add more of a story, which I guess is nice, but the meat of the game lies in the addictive gameplay, as if the first game wasn’t addictive enough. It’s very simple gameplay, but the pressure of surviving a good run makes you play more tactfully. The market for these rogue like games is crowded this time around, but Rogue Legacy 2 definitely has a place among the best. The “just one more run” itch is extremely hard to shake in this game. Expand
  6. May 10, 2022
    Love the design, the loop and combat is decent enough if not new or inventive in any way. Was planning on going all the way through this one but the grinding became too much. About 12 or so hours in after I beat the 3rd boss around level 100 the leveling curve flattened off dramatically. Entire long runs just to level once or twice, with that only resulting in a 1% increase to a minorLove the design, the loop and combat is decent enough if not new or inventive in any way. Was planning on going all the way through this one but the grinding became too much. About 12 or so hours in after I beat the 3rd boss around level 100 the leveling curve flattened off dramatically. Entire long runs just to level once or twice, with that only resulting in a 1% increase to a minor stat. May come back to this at some point but not in the plans as of right now. Expand
  7. May 3, 2022
    The original Rogue Legacy was a great game that admittedly had it's flaws. Rogue Legacy 2 has taken everything that was good about the original, perfected it, and added endless amounts of new content. This game is fantastic.
  8. May 3, 2022
    I was a big fan of the first Rogue Legacy and am pretty soundly disappointed with the follow-up. The original came out almost 10 years ago and the formula has seen virtually no improvement. It's truly shocking how little the devs seemed to have learned from making the first game, and how little they gleaned from the subsequent 10 years of rogue games becoming streamlined and dominant.I was a big fan of the first Rogue Legacy and am pretty soundly disappointed with the follow-up. The original came out almost 10 years ago and the formula has seen virtually no improvement. It's truly shocking how little the devs seemed to have learned from making the first game, and how little they gleaned from the subsequent 10 years of rogue games becoming streamlined and dominant. Playing Rogue Legacy 2 feels like playing a 10 year old game, and not in a good way. Expand
  9. May 3, 2022
    RL2 adds a lot of complexity to the original game and exactly no fun. The original Rogue Legacy is, at this stage, kind of an old, janky game. This sequel feels even older and jankier.
  10. May 21, 2022
    Holy guacamole! This game shocked me to my innards!

Greetings and salutations humans! It's everyone's favorite doctor, Bob Lee MD, you know the rugged SOB that can save your life and take your wife! Mehehehehe Ok so I usually don't write reviews until I had a chance to finish a game but I thought i'd drop my respected and dignified 2 cents early. As the kids like to say "this
    Holy guacamole! This game shocked me to my innards!

Ok so I usually don't write reviews until I had a chance to finish a game but I thought i'd drop my respected and dignified 2 cents early. As the kids like to say "this game is P-Water as the dickens!" I did not like Rogue Legacy 1 much at all. I thought it was a boring slog to get through. The whole experience was very boorish especially for an enlightened medicine man such as myself.

So I was merrily shocked when I decided to give it a go and I loved it. This game is excellent! It's like this game received a major overhaul and everything was turned up too 10! The game's hook is extremely addictive and rewarding. It like crawling into a warm bath after you spent the evening drinking with vagrants under the 27th street viaduct on thanksgiving because your whole family abandoned you due to your years of megalomania. There is so much going on in this game(and I mean that in a good way). Sometimes games run out of steam before the ending but this just feels like it will stick the landing and leave a brother(or sister) coming back for more!

If you didn't like the first game, give this game a try. I sure as Pete didn't like what the first game was working with and look at me now! I have a huge smile on my wildly handsome kisser! The masses were correct, this game is dynamite! Ka-Boooooom!!
  11. May 5, 2022
    Rogue Legacy 2 is my pompadour, i love it, I LOVE IT. It's everything i always wanted from a gaming.
  12. May 8, 2022
    The developers managed to create a near perfect sequel to rogue legacy, and this is no overstatement. When you play this game you know that you are playing Rogue Legacy and yet it feels fresh enough to not be the same. One of the key changes, the classes, really improve lot how the runs feels different from each other. They took inspiration from some successful games (or so it feels) andThe developers managed to create a near perfect sequel to rogue legacy, and this is no overstatement. When you play this game you know that you are playing Rogue Legacy and yet it feels fresh enough to not be the same. One of the key changes, the classes, really improve lot how the runs feels different from each other. They took inspiration from some successful games (or so it feels) and put it there making it a great experice (for instance the npc progressive story telling reminds me of hades). I am 50 hours in and definitely recommend if you're on the market for a roguelite game. Expand
  13. May 13, 2022
    I had great doubts and was afraid of making a bad purchase. Because I've already played a lot of roguelike/lite and many were never played again after a few days. I didn't like the look of Rogue Legacy 2. 2D platformers annoy me. I wasn't interested in the previous one. But somehow this game has managed to become the most motivating rogue for me in recent years. Fighting is nothing new.I had great doubts and was afraid of making a bad purchase. Because I've already played a lot of roguelike/lite and many were never played again after a few days. I didn't like the look of Rogue Legacy 2. 2D platformers annoy me. I wasn't interested in the previous one. But somehow this game has managed to become the most motivating rogue for me in recent years. Fighting is nothing new. However, apart from the levels, there are many gameplay mechanics that feel new to me in this combination (I've been a gamer for over 30 years). What I find remarkable is the build/skill system with minimal FromSoftware influences (e.g. equipment weight). The bouncing is not annoying and offers pleasant challenges for me.

14. May 3, 2022
    Игра прикольная, но очень и очень сложная. Неплохой рогалик. Отдельная похвала за встроенную поддержку дуалшок 4.
  15. May 8, 2022
    The amount of content in NG+ is even more insane than the original Rogue Legacy!
  16. May 10, 2022
    It would take too long to outline the things that RL2 does poorly. Combat, movement, exploration, upgrades. Everything looks and feels remarkably shallow. Rogue Legacy 2 is easily the worst roguelite I've ever played; every upgrade feels like an ineffectual waste and every bit of gameplay makes a strong argument to play something.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Edge Magazine
    May 19, 2022
    As you might expect, such breadth comes at the cost of a little finesse. [Issue#372, p.104]
  2. May 19, 2022
    Rogue Legacy 2 is simply a bigger version of the original, with art style being the only significant difference. However, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a stellar roguelite with lots of natural charm and unique humor.
  3. May 16, 2022
    All in all this is a sequel that builds on the original in impressive ways, and a timely reminder of why the rogue-lite genre has taken off in the way that it has.