7.8

1. Aug 10, 2020
    can't rebind controls. unacceptable.
    only autosave? unacceptable.

learn how to properly wirte games for pc.
  2. Aug 12, 2020
    A beautiful gem of an indie game. Gorgeous art style, enticing world, lovable characters and an awesome soundtrack. Also I could run through the snow and the little mushrooms all day, what more is there to want from a game?
  3. Aug 10, 2020
    Super charming game with beautiful art work and a relaxing atmosphere....with a sinister undertone lurking all the time! Encapsulating the puzzles are challenging without becoming frustrating. A breath of fresh air after all the violence of other games. Definitely worth a go!
  4. Jul 26, 2020
    TL;DR: A modern spin on classic point and click adventures. Cute character design and animations. Storywise, imagine the film Labyrinth with Scandinavian folklore. Wonderful Nordic fairytale soundtrack.

From the very first scene, Röki gets you into a beautiful and stylized version of Scandinavia. Every area is full of small details, from little animals running around to magical creatures, that make the whole place alive. Add its calm and wonderful soundtrack (that I will buy apart to listen to again while I work xD), and you feel you're really exploring a forest from a Nordic fairytale world.

The controls are smart, making comfortable to use a controller on a game that is half 3D exploration half point and click adventure. The puzzles are here and there, most you'll go through like a breeze, a few will make you scratch you head until you get an eureka moment, but all of them are logical, which is the most important thing on a game like this.

Obviously you won't find in this kind of game, specially from an indie studio, the length of an RPG, but I must say it probably lasted almost double of what I expected, so I'm gladly surprised by that. And... I left behind some badges and collectibles, so I will give it another go sometime soon.

All in all, if you like point and click adventures and magical worlds, totally recommended.
  5. Jul 26, 2020
    Don't be lulled into a false sense of security by the gorgeous art style, likeable characters or tranquil soundtrack, There are dark forces in the world of Roki. This point and click adventure game is a beautiful escape in to a magical realm of Scandinavian folklore.
  6. Jul 26, 2020
    I love the game. Art, Music, amazing story, intuitive puzzle. Enjoy The game
  7. Aug 2, 2020
    A wonderful point&click adventure game set in Norse folklore. I had an amazing time playing it (and re-playing it :D). The puzzles, quests, the background story, the graphics, the music... everything was great and added to a very good experience.
  8. Jul 26, 2020
    A real gem :) it's a breath of fresh air to have a game so teeming with beauty and kindness, and some killer animation (I love the wobble on the troll's nose!) Full marks, no hesitation in recommending this to adventure game lovers around the world!
  9. Jul 26, 2020
    Love this game! ❤️ I didn't expect I'll be so great at this game. I would recommend to anyone who hasn't played
  10. Jul 26, 2020
    I am still at the initial stage of the story but I am already addicted :) The story is intruiguing enough to keep you following the story without any discomfort of frustration. You just have to be attentive to the details and do the right choices. Enjoy the atmospheric music and the subtle suspence...
  11. Jul 26, 2020
    A perfect example of how good an indie quest can look and play. An excellently executed story of friendship, courage, repentance, and the value of family ties, which immerses you in the atmosphere of a fairy tale and returns in time to the golden era of the genre.

I was very pleased that the solution of 99% of the puzzles in the game is as logical as possible, and during the passage of the moments when it was necessary to squeeze out the solution for progress, there were quite a few. Almost all playing time was permeated with a thread of pleasant thought that you know the solution for one of the riddle links, the completion of which opened the next link. And so, piece by piece, the world of the game becomes deeper and more interesting, and the motivations and experiences of the characters are clearer and more empathic.

As for technical and narrative minor problems: during the passage, a couple of difficulties arose due to the lack of any hints and help (they were given before and only once, after which these hints no longer appeared, super easy to random skip of helpful textline) and also the game has a very strange implementation of control (I played the game on a PC)
  12. Jul 26, 2020
    This indie delight has a beautiful art style and a colour pallet perfectly pitched. The characters and environments just feel so right. Charming but not too cute. The setting and atmosphere evoked for me memories of The Moomins and its premise Jim Henson's Labyrinth, which can only be a good thing in my book. A thoughtful and touching story leads you on an adventure full of ScandiFairyTaleThis indie delight has a beautiful art style and a colour pallet perfectly pitched. The characters and environments just feel so right. Charming but not too cute. The setting and atmosphere evoked for me memories of The Moomins and its premise Jim Henson's Labyrinth, which can only be a good thing in my book. A thoughtful and touching story leads you on an adventure full of ScandiFairyTale characters and great puzzles. I very much enjoyed my time with Tove on her Quest!! Expand
  13. Aug 7, 2020
    What do I love about this game? Absolutely everything, that’s what! From the perfectly-set puzzles to the jaw-dropping art work, this game is the breath of fresh air everyone needs right now. The nostalgia it generates for childhood is unlike any game I’ve ever played. If you like adventure based puzzles, buy this game! You won’t regret it.
  14. Aug 12, 2020
    Best of the year so far! this game is a proof that the best stories are behind indie games. The atmosphere, the soundtrack, the puzzles and narration of this game is just simply amazing.
  15. Aug 20, 2020
    Game was pretty good. It might technically deserve a 7 but I gave it an 8 because it's also one of my favorite genres. The main flaws I saw was that it was extremely easy for at least the first half of the game and the most important one was that the puzzles never really became harder (with fewer than 2-3 exceptions) since most puzzles that took more time mainly did it because theyGame was pretty good. It might technically deserve a 7 but I gave it an 8 because it's also one of my favorite genres. The main flaws I saw was that it was extremely easy for at least the first half of the game and the most important one was that the puzzles never really became harder (with fewer than 2-3 exceptions) since most puzzles that took more time mainly did it because they required more exploration but otherwise for younger audiences it would be ok at that. Expand
  16. Sep 10, 2020
    A really beautiful and charming game that's rich in imaginative imagery. Inspiring environments wrapped in lovely folk lure makes this a fantastic experience you must play!
  17. Aug 18, 2020
    Beautiful blend of a child like exterior with deep backstory and lore. Pleasantly surprised with how much this puts you in the mindset of the main character and draws you in.
  18. Oct 11, 2020
    Рекомендую эту восхитительную игру всем, кто интересуется скандинавским фольклором и антуражем. Несмотря на показную детскость, Röki затрагивает достаточно серьёзные темы и должна понравится тем игрокам, для кого сюжет в игре стоит не на последнем месте.
    Игра проходится достаточно легко для внимательного игрока. Единственное, что немного напрягает – затянутость прохождения последних локаций. Большое количество беготни, начинает слегка нервировать. Впрочем, это не даёт права уменьшить оценку больше, чем на один балл. Спокойная, ненавязчивая музыка отлично оттеняет геймплей, помогает погружению в необычный сказочный мир. Некоторые могут сказать, что персонажи игры выглядят не слишком симпатично, но, на самом деле, такая манера рисования встречается у иллюстраторов шведских сказок, и про это легко забываешь, когда проникаешься сюжетом и начинаешь сопереживать героям. Игровые локации нарисованы с любовью, очень стильно, сказочно и в то же время, подсознательно понимаешь, что показанные в игре миры – один и тот же мир, только его видимая и не всем видимая сущность строится на разных принципах. А вот законы морали – везде одни и те же. И, если отступать от этих законов, даже пытаясь творить добро, породишь только зло. Отдельное спасибо хочется сказать тем, кто участвовал в локализации игры. На русский язык всё переведено очень хорошо, понятно, без потери погружения в скандинавский сказочный мир. Ещё одно спасибо за то, что сохранили и не стали переводить и адаптировать имена собственные(смайл). Ну, и много-много «Спасибо!» всем разработчикам и издателям за эту потрясающую игру! Пусть будет «Röki 2» или какая-то новая игра, уверен, что она обязательно будет такой же захватывающей, сказочной, стильной.
    Google Translate:
    I recommend this delightful game to anyone interested in Scandinavian folklore and beauty of nature. Despite its ostentatious childishness, Röki touches on quite serious topics and should appeal to those players for whom the plot of the game is not in the last place. The game is easy enough for an attentive player. The only thing that is a little annoying is the protracted passage of the last locations. When a long run starts, it gets annoying. However, this does not give the right to reduce the grade by more than one point. Calm, unobtrusive music perfectly sets off the gameplay, helps to immerse yourself in an unusual fairy-tale world. Some may say that the characters in the game do not look very cute, but, in fact, this style of drawing is found among the illustrators of Swedish fairy tales, and you easily forget about it when you get imbued with the plot and begin to empathize with the characters. The game locations are drawn with love, very stylish, fabulous and at the same time, subconsciously you understand that the worlds shown in the game are one and the same world, only its visible and not visible to everyone is based on different principles. But the laws of morality are the same everywhere. And if you deviate from these laws, even trying to do good, you will only generate evil. I would like to say a special thank you to those who participated in the localization of the game. Everything has been translated into Russian very well, understandably, without losing immersion in the Scandinavian fairy-tale world. Another thanks for keeping and not translating and adapting proper names (smile). Well, and many, many "Thank you!" to all developers and publishers for this awesome game! Let it be "Röki 2" or some new game, I am sure that it will definitely be the same exciting, fabulous, stylish.
  19. Oct 18, 2020
    Lovely game! Really great characters, atmosphere, puzzles and touching story :)

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 15, 2020
    With its engaging story steeped in Scandinavian folklore, varied and satisfying puzzles, unique art direction, and terrific audio, Roki is a real treat for every fan of the frosty North. [10/2020, p.87]
  2. Sep 22, 2020
    Röki, like a good fairy tale, is an enchanting experience that melts the time away. Adventure gamers may find it a little less challenging than they’d prefer, but this makes the game more accessible to younger gamers without it devolving into a children’s game. It’s easy to recommend to anyone who wants to get lost in a good story set in a magical world.
  3. Aug 26, 2020
    Röki is like a sort of an evolution of the point and click genre, an adventure game far less overelaborate but still interesting and intriguing, only in a different, more accessible way which heavily lean on exploration. A journey of discovery and at the same time an intimate story and a folklore's tale.