5.5

1. Feb 11, 2016
    A game where Koei goes in full retard mode. Not acceptable. Overpriced, 50% of bugs etc etc. This list can long 4ever. The AI in the game is so bad. Worst game on a franchise.
  2. Sep 24, 2016
    I have no desire to go into much detail on this one; the game play is drawn out and limited, the interface and just the way you go about every interaction is awkward, limited and undescriptive.

The main way to move forward in this game is to perform missions of which I seemed to only be able to do 2 at once, and man are these tediously slow. While they tick down your leader can perform independent actions, from helping the missions progress quicker to doing little side quests for small cash rewards, and on the whole its largely a slow crawl to improve you cities in its 3 domestic areas or its 3 millitaries types, its shallow and lacks interaction.
  3. May 24, 2018
    The strategy aspect was basically gutted for this game. It's little more than a friendship simulator. I bought it because my computer died, and I needed to scratch the strategy itch on my ps4. I know this is the PC section, but it's literally the same game. When I told my friend I bought it (we're both RTK geeks since RTK III), he said "NO! BAD! VERY BAD! BAD IDEA! BAD BAD BAD!".

He

He wasn't lying. Somehow having nothing but close friends in your unit makes you super powerful. Somehow having the rough equivalent of 3 Zhang Fei's makes you nearly immune to enemy plots. Officers/generals with high intelligence are basically useless in battles. RTK 9 did a far better job of making both WAR and INT officers/generals far more useful in every situation. If you like the RPG aspect more, I recommend 7, 8, and 10 for that. If you like strategy more, 9 and 11 are up your alley. Everything after 11 has been a dumpster fire IMO.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 7, 2016
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII is a good RTS, but there’s plenty to learn that may put off those looking for a shorter and snappier experience.
  2. Jul 6, 2016
    It is a shame, then, that this is such a clunky, ugly mess of a game. It is rare enough that an English version of a Romance of the Three Kingdoms comes to Western shores by any other way than import and it makes me sad that – this – will be the first experience with the series for new players.
  3. Jul 5, 2016
    A decent game that simply tries too much. Mixing role playing and strategy aspects, though never the best at either, there's a lot to do. The other major issue is simply how ugly it looks outside of the drawn art.