tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Apr 1, 2020
    I've been playing ROTK games since the 90s. And not all of them are good. 4, 9 and 11, by far, are my favorite games. And for AGES I've been waiting for another ROTK game similar to those ones.

14 is the one. Although a little simplistic, in terms of mechanics, I would say this is the most friendly game in the series for a newcomer. It's total pick up and play. Instead of managing officers, like previous entries, this time you manage your Empire as a whole, and this is so much fun.

Even if you have never played any previous game, you just need a couple of hours to 'get' this game. And sooner than later you'll be managing cities, governors, policies, armies, invasions and some politics, just like the great games of the past.

There is almost no micro-management, though. Provided you pick some people to carry away your orders, your Force will thrive (or perish) on its own. But you do have to think ahead, plan, understand your surrounding threats and expand with care and attention.

I just can't put this game down. If you are a fan of the series - and love games like IV, IX and XI - trust me: you´ll LOVE Romance XIV. If you are a fan of RTS strategy games but are afraid of being overwhelmed with menus and options, trust me, you´ll find this a perfect balance between casual and hardcore.

Congrats, KOEI TECMO, you have finally given me the ROTK game I've been dreaming about for years.
  2. Jul 18, 2020
    I never have feel so bad to just sign up to metracritic to write a review , but today i decide , enough is enough KOEI is already cross the line

ROTK 14 IS THE WORSE KIND OF IT, i sadly dissapointed for this release . 1. NO RPG ?? where the fun ? i realy like to spend my time wondering ancient china become free officer and decide what i want to do , and you remove the rpg aspect

ROTK 14 IS THE WORSE KIND OF IT, i sadly dissapointed for this release .

2. Battle simulator ? HOYY KOEI THIS IS ALREADY 2020 !!!! , LOOK AT THE TOTAL WAR , dont you cant even made good cinematic battle ??? HOW LOW ARE YOU to create battle simulator and merger into one , THIS IS NOT CIV game !!! what the point ?? where the fun , to begin with

3.barebone diplomacy, WHAT THE **** ? EVEN TOTAL WAR THREE KINGDOM IS STILL MADE SENSE of diplomacy

I never play rotk game feeling so disquested like this i play from ROTK 4 to 13 , and 14 REALY MADE MY SKIN CRAWL enought to posting bad review for you , GO FIRED YOUR DEVELOPER !!!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 19, 2020
    This game might sound interesting to Chinese history aficionado but it falls short as it was not polished enough as some of its predecessors.
  2. Apr 10, 2020
    The veteran series has sadly been outgunned by newer rivals such as Total War, which breathes greater personality and more engaging gameplay into this time period. This one suffers badly from poor game design choices, and a visually dull style, which will put many potential buyers off. While the scenarios are detailed and historically accurate, sadly there is little in the way of control in the overall gameplay loop. Battles are disappointing and confusing affairs, while the turn-based chore of filling up hexes to conquer areas gets old very quickly. With a raft of DLC already available, when there are some basic features missing on release, it is a hard title to recommend to fans of the genre or time period. The best word to describe this? Lacking.
  3. Apr 8, 2020
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 is accessible to casual players, but it sneakily removes the depth Rot3K veterans might expect.