7.8

1. Dec 9, 2019
    It's a Gundam utopia for Gundam's fan like me. Superb animation fighting scene, and the OST music in the scene making me even more hype into the game story. It's the GUndam's game I am waiting for so long to exist. I will spend tons of hours in those high customize features and enjoy several Gundam tales.

But it's may not take a hit to those who are new to Gundam and also who hate a

But it's may not take a hit to those who are new to Gundam and also who hate a complex customize features in game. Also remind that it dose not contain any UC Gundam series.
  2. Jun 7, 2021
    Cross Rays is a solid tactical RPG. The graphics are decent and the soundtrack is excellent. The UI could use more streamlining. Customization options are excellent and the unlocking of new mobile suits and pilots is addicting. Cross Rays stays true to the source material.

However, I find it odd that the Universal Century (UC) timeline was not included and that there is no 2560 x 1440 (2K) screen resolution support for 1440P gaming rigs. Also, several of the missions crash when undoing a step for your mobile suit and some of them are too long lasting up to a hour overstaying their welcome.

Overall, Cross Rays is a fun and addicting tactical RPG and a love letter to Gundam fans! Thank you Bandai Namco for bringing Cross Rays to the West!
  3. Jan 8, 2020
    It good i have lots of fun playing this games the ost is good you shod buy it.
  4. Dec 28, 2019
    I have been a huge fan of Gundam and the G Generation Series since the PS1.

This game barely improves on the last game (Genesis) and does not take advantage of the current generation console's features/power. The game's design is poor and offers nothing more than old games from previous generations of consoles. The visuals are very unappealing and performs very poorly. Gameplay is
    I have been a huge fan of Gundam and the G Generation Series since the PS1.

The visuals are very unappealing and performs very poorly. Gameplay is poor and just throws bodies at you. There isn't anything challenging about it once you get decent upgrades on your team. It also fails to provide good Quality-Of-Life functions for users that typical Turn Based Strategies games offer.

There is no reason why this game does not bundle any of the UC series - there isn't nothing technological stopping this from being a DLC for Genesis or to have it all included in this game.

Save yourself some money and buy a used PS1/2 and a copy of G Generation F.

If you want something else to play on current gen consoles, play Gundam Vs or Super Robot Wars.

Tom Create (Developer) is really taking the piss with fans or does not understand video games.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 12, 2020
    SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is as over-the-top as you’d expect from a semi-political mech game where teen pilots bite off more than they can chew. Every mode and option is there for the player to immerse themselves into this experience, and I simply couldn’t get enough of it. I hope to see more of the SD Gundam G series come west, but for now, this is the perfect introduction for those who haven’t played it yet.
  2. Jan 3, 2020
    This game’s high potential is squandered by poor localization and presentation. I could let it go with that usual “fans are gonna love it” cliché, but fans don’t deserve such a badly explained game. It’s like getting a beautiful model kit as a present, with only a hammer to assemble it.
  3. Dec 31, 2019
    Don't let first impressions deter you away from Cross Rays, as you will be delightfully surprised at the amount of content and eye-candy it possesses.