7.8

1. Apr 14, 2019
    The game is fine. The story invites you to continue playing. The difficulty is high and I like that. But Port to PC has a lot of bugs. Enemies see me through walls or mountains. The controller does not work correctly, and if I play with a keyboard on the screen it shows me the controller controls.
    In combat, often blocking without losing posture enemies damage me. The same if deviation or blocking. The selection of enemies fails continuously, mainly in bosses. The game needs a patch urgently.
  2. Mar 27, 2019
    There's not enough space for me to praise Fromsoft. So let's get straight to the point why 8, and not 10/10.

1) Some guy from Activision had to say this, otherwise I can't explain the reason behind it: "Ok guys, let's wrap it up. Time is money. We have these character models already, so let's put them in random locations throughout the game, and also you know what? Let's remake the

"Ok guys, let's wrap it up. Time is money. We have these character models already, so let's put them in random locations throughout the game, and also you know what? Let's remake the whole first area, so players can backtrack. That's how gamers like their games nowadays!"

2) Even though each location is gorgeous, and those that can't be described as gorgeous are definitely atmospheric, there's not many of them, making the game the shortest one yet, since Demon Souls was released.
  3. Mar 22, 2019
    Amazing game. Fantastic lore, fantastic setting, great satisfying combat, combined with Batman style stealth mechanics and fantastic production values.
  4. Mar 26, 2019
    This is a great game. It's thoroughly fun and challenging, unlike most other AAA game that's incredibly repetitive. You go from battle to battle become a bit better. You can either strategize with stealth to make battles easier, or test the limits of your skill by fighting it head on. I saw a lot of negative reviews from dark souls players that they're frustrated by parrying. Yeah,This is a great game. It's thoroughly fun and challenging, unlike most other AAA game that's incredibly repetitive. You go from battle to battle become a bit better. You can either strategize with stealth to make battles easier, or test the limits of your skill by fighting it head on. I saw a lot of negative reviews from dark souls players that they're frustrated by parrying. Yeah, parrying is the new dodge in this game, and dodges doesn't help you most of the time in this game. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2019
    The atmosphere of the game, story and design is very good. Also here is the incredible work of the director. But even after dark souls, playing it is extremely difficult. Too confused control. At the same time it is very dynamic.
  6. Mar 22, 2019
    This is what a game should be! Graphics, gameplay, plot, voice acting...

The changes in gameplay feel a little strange at first, but once you get it the combat is so smooth and, at the same time, so punishing (when you make simple mistakes) and so rewarding (when you do it right)
  7. Mar 23, 2019
    I'm about 20+ hours into this game so far. I've been an extremely hardcore fan of all of the games in the dark souls series. I've beat everyone, including Demons souls. Every time I've had difficulty with any part of the game, I've been able to take a step back and tell myself, "That's what I'm doing wrong." But that is not the case with this game. Instead, it's an extremely repetitiveI'm about 20+ hours into this game so far. I've been an extremely hardcore fan of all of the games in the dark souls series. I've beat everyone, including Demons souls. Every time I've had difficulty with any part of the game, I've been able to take a step back and tell myself, "That's what I'm doing wrong." But that is not the case with this game. Instead, it's an extremely repetitive brain dead action slasher with almost no strategy except "Test your reflexes!"

But that's okay! That's not really whats wrong with it. What's wrong with it is the fact that it's still a SoulsBorne game. With all the mechanics of a souls game. As in, if you get hit 3+ times, you die. See, I understand the direction they were trying to go with this game. All of the DS games so far have been about playing defensively. That's what the combat is basically framed by, playing defensively. But this game tries a new direction -- "What if we made a game, with all of the same factors as the dark souls games, except you have to play offensively instead?" So they did. And really, it just doesn't work. But it's cool I guess.

And the AI. Oh my god, the AI. It's so bad. It's laughably bad. They try to make stealth a big part of the game. But how are you going to make a stealth game when I can hide behind a rock for 10 seconds in plain sight and have them not know where I am?

What this game does do good is the atmosphere. It's beautiful. The music is fantastic too. And the fights that aren't boss fights can feel smooth and fun when executed correctly.
  8. Mar 23, 2019
    My favorite game of the year so far. The combat takes some getting used to but after it clicks it's a blast. This game reminds me a lot of tenchu and going thru roofs stealth killing stuff is a blast.
  9. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice - это игра, которая заставит вас страдать по настоящему. Это не Dark Souls, забудьте про него. В этой игре вас будут насиловать по настоящему. Не рекомендуется людям со слабой психикой.
  10. Apr 4, 2019
    I am an average player (well i finished all dark souls but i can't say i was the best, i won with patience and luck for some bosses lol) and personally i find Sekiro less difficult than the souls
    Here, once you have trained with parry, jump and you get some tools like fire on your blade (last tech on the prosthetic tree) + the ability to kill from behind and the two resurections, the game is a piece of cake. Some mini bosses are difficult, i agree but with 5 tries max you can beat them , maybe 10 for the ones in narrow spaces and the camera bugging...Same for the very few real bosses... lady butterfly is really easy to beat, genchiro is the only one to be hard, but none are really a game blocker (and don't tell me about the snake or monkeyz, they are just... ok) In souls game i remembered bosses i had to try for hours, even days ^^ here once you realise wich tool is the right, the fight is quite easy, the only thing to think is to be perfect on timings because the real difficulty of the game is the fact that you can die with one or two blows. It's maybe artificial difficulty.. and sometimes i find that the bosses are more QTE like than before. To be honnest, the game is lacking of epicness for me... there is a fire at every corner, they are no more some kind of rewards, and there is no pressure in exploring the world (the loots are boring too, damned candies lol).

But behind this critics, i think the game it self is a very very great game, you really feel the samourai sword battles like never before and the mood, caracters and story are ok. The gameplay is very good too, maybe the best in this type, and overall the game is a masterpiece. But FS is not a company like others, ppl has very high expectations...to be just a very good game is not enough for the fans, they want a ground breaking experience, and i understand the feeling that the game is beyond the souls serie ^^

more over 3 years to develop this is far too short... the end of the game fighting the same bosses/mini bosses on the same map you have already farmed is kinda a joke .... it feels lazy work and breaks the greatness of the game.

I red that FS wants now to develop every game within 3 years.... let's hope not..
  11. Mar 23, 2019
    As a AAA video game in 2019, 10/10 masterpiece.

As the latest installment in From's Soulsian genre, a 7/10. 10/10 because it's a video game for gamers. This instantly puts it above all the interactive movie nonsense out there. 7/10 because, while it changes the formula up in fun new ways, it repeals without replacing. And not in a way that focuses the experience to new heights --
    As a AAA video game in 2019, 10/10 masterpiece.

As the latest installment in From's Soulsian genre, a 7/10.

7/10 because, while it changes the formula up in fun new ways, it repeals without replacing. And not in a way that focuses the experience to new heights -- it just feels like lower effort is all. I might have expected a Japanese developer to really show the love when they return to their ancestral roots (Japanese setting versus Western setting of previous titles), but this game feels a touch uninspired.

Graphics are substandard. Not bad, just not up to AAA par. However -- and this is a big however, it runs flawlessly and is bug free, so if we view the game on the curve against the rest of AAA, we must respect the fact that it's an immediately playable game without annoying performance issues. No lengthy loading screens -- nothing has been pushed beyond reasonable limits to detract from the most important part of a game...

Gameplay : overall more forgiving and beginner friendly than other From titels, but after a few hours settles into a nice pace that will have you pleasantly aggravated but not rage quitting. Mob fighting consist of swinging from trees Tarzan style and plenty of badass ninja assassinations, but the bulk of your time will be spent fighting bosses and mini bosses. As usual the level design is set up for you to conveniently grind against the bosses for however long it takes you, but in general they are not too hard. You won't have jolly cooperation this time around so it's good we aren't facing down Fatty and Skinny again. (at least I haven't encountered anything that hard at the time of writing.)

Everything else besides gameplay : customization which gives play-driven replayability has been repealed and replaced with story. Story is weak, lifeless, and delivered non-sequitur. Characters are there to chop each other up. That's all. I dunno why bother with story and characters if they aren't going to be relatable, likeable, or at least clearly understood. I see dialogue and watch cutscenes but none of it makes any sense. I don't have poor reading comprehension -- it's just really poorly written.

Sound is fine, but gets a bit repetitive. I wish the "juicy" sounds accompanying special kills could be turned off. And the camera jerking too. Just gets old the 1000th time.

No multiplayer. In-depth stats have been replaced with standard AAA skill trees. Honestly that's fine with me, except that I never use any of the skills, so it's a repeal of something that used to drive engagement with something that is easily ignored.

FINAL VERDICT : Buy it, support it, enjoy it. Because it's a game for gamers. Up with the games, down with the interactive movies. But I expect more from From. Don't be resting on your laurels.
  12. Mar 22, 2019
    Tenho quase 3 horas de jogo e até agora, esta sendo um dos melhores se n o melhor q joguei esse ano, o combate é simplesmente esplêndido, a furtividade esta funcionando muito bem, bastante boss e todos muito bem feitos, e esta sendo muito mais dificil q a série souls na minha opnião, n posso falar sobre a história pq eu n tenho uma boa base ainda mais até agora ela está se desenvolvendoTenho quase 3 horas de jogo e até agora, esta sendo um dos melhores se n o melhor q joguei esse ano, o combate é simplesmente esplêndido, a furtividade esta funcionando muito bem, bastante boss e todos muito bem feitos, e esta sendo muito mais dificil q a série souls na minha opnião, n posso falar sobre a história pq eu n tenho uma boa base ainda mais até agora ela está se desenvolvendo muito bem, então recomendo a pessoas maioria das pessoas, óbvio tem gente q n gosta muito desse tipo de jogo, se vc é um cara q n era muito fã da série souls (eu tb nunca fui, e acabei comprando esse game na pré-venda pq ele era bem diferente dos outros games da from software) da uma chance pra esse jogo, vc vai amar, te garanto isso, só q vc tem q ter paciência quando morrer ksks, ao contrário de mim q fico com vontade de quebrar o monitor na minha cabeça.
    Bem, obg se vc leu minha review, dou nota 10, pq tudo q vi agora me agradou, n presenciei nenhum bug, em relação aos gráficos eles estão sim mais simples q outros jogos, tipo god of war, red dead, mas é bem bonito na minha opnião, texturas em questão da roupa, pedras, neve e etc, estão incriveis, então n precisa ficar preocupado em relação a isso, compre o jogo sem medo, n vai se arrepender.

Obg a todos q leram mais uma vez, agora vá, compre esse game e seja feliz, tenha um bom dia (tarde ou noite ksks) tchaaau :)
  13. Mar 23, 2019
    The world is pretty bland and boring, the combat system - shallow and uninspired. Feels like a chore choppingup the helpless enemies with the minuscule amounts of damage the only weapon in the game does... Was not expecting much, got exactly that.
  14. Mar 26, 2019
    Sekiro was very much the game I looked forward most to in 2019 but also my greatest disappointment so far. I'm almost 40 hours in and at the end stretch of the game. Every time I played, I hoped for it to click, thinking that it may be something wrong with me. The glowing critic reviews left and right didn't help either. To summarize what I think is wrong with the game, it's the overallSekiro was very much the game I looked forward most to in 2019 but also my greatest disappointment so far. I'm almost 40 hours in and at the end stretch of the game. Every time I played, I hoped for it to click, thinking that it may be something wrong with me. The glowing critic reviews left and right didn't help either. To summarize what I think is wrong with the game, it's the overall interaction of it's (stealth / combat) mechanics that encourages you to play in a very specific way.

For example, a large percentage of the minibosses have entourages that are designed such that the safest / most rewarding way to go about those engagements is to:

1) Stealth kill a minion
    2) Run out of aggro range
    3) Wait a minute for remaining enemies to disengage
    4) Repeat 1 to 3 until you can fight the miniboss individually

immersion issues aside, doing the above can take up to 15 minutes per "run"
    and if you die - which always will happen because you have no idea what the new boss' moveset is, you have to repeat the process all over again. The major bosses are also designed to be impossible to defeat the first time through because you have no idea what the exact timing is for all their strikes and combos and this meant you can never reliably parry their attacks which is also the singular way to win.

The whole game is akin to doing tiresome dance rehearsals repeatedly until you get a waltz down the way your instructor wants it to be, except he doesn't tell you what he wants in the first place and you have to be beaten into knowing. This wasn't a problem with Dark Souls because caution could always bring you far and there were plenty of alternative solutions to the same puzzle.

By the end, Sekiro felt easier and more manageable when I could play by it's set of rules but that's because it forced me to play the only way it wanted to be played and the lack of player agency left a bad taste in my mouth.

My conclusion at the end is this - Sekiro was overdesigned and has an identity issue. It wants to be a little bit of Tenchu, but doesn't do it well. It also wants to somewhat be Dark Souls, but doesn't do that well either. It definitely wants to be Onimusha / Bushido Blade but is also halfhearted about that. I have little doubt that Sekiro will not be looked upon favorably years after the hype has gone. But still, plenty of love to players who had a good time with it.
  15. Mar 24, 2019
    This game has single-handedly wrangled me out of depression. I did not expect this game to turn out this well. I am a huge fan of Soulsborne and I must say that this is even better!
  16. Mar 24, 2019
    Хитбоксы хуже чем в ds1, абсолютно не рабочий стелс и очень странная новая система связанная с утратой денег. Большая часть боссов это просто усложненные обычные противники к которым поставили не усложненных обычных противников xd. В двух(4) словах: Игра хуже чем ds2. А это сами понимаете какой п***цХитбоксы хуже чем в ds1, абсолютно не рабочий стелс и очень странная новая система связанная с утратой денег. Большая часть боссов это просто усложненные обычные противники к которым поставили не усложненных обычных противников xd. В двух(4) словах: Игра хуже чем ds2. А это сами понимаете какой п***ц
  17. Mar 25, 2019
    Если вы считаете, что Dark Souls был сложной игрой, которая вас изнасилует, Ох.....то поверьте!!! Секира вас не просто изнасилует, она вы"бет....При чем во все дыры и живые места на вашем теле, а после этого, надев на вас различные пыточные девайсы из БДСМ-магазина, заставит вас пробежаться в них 10 Километров без остановок, потому как за вами еще отправят голодного огненного дракона, иЕсли вы считаете, что Dark Souls был сложной игрой, которая вас изнасилует, Ох.....то поверьте!!! Секира вас не просто изнасилует, она вы"бет....При чем во все дыры и живые места на вашем теле, а после этого, надев на вас различные пыточные девайсы из БДСМ-магазина, заставит вас пробежаться в них 10 Километров без остановок, потому как за вами еще отправят голодного огненного дракона, и после всего этого, она еще раз вас вы"бет и после этого вы все равно скажите, что вам понравилось. Это GOTY, и все этим сказано...... Expand
  18. Mar 23, 2019
    well let's all be honest here 2019 is nothing without sekiro shadows die twice
  19. Mar 22, 2019
    Такая же жопораздирающая, как и старые игры фромов, местами даже сложнее. Сюжет простой, но его хоть понять можно. Графика выше среднего, эффекты на высоте. Боевка в начале однообразная, но с получением новых грейдов и изучением новых приёмов (которые вы не просто должны качать, но и тренировать самим , практикуясь со специальным персом), она становится реально лучшей за всю историюТакая же жопораздирающая, как и старые игры фромов, местами даже сложнее. Сюжет простой, но его хоть понять можно. Графика выше среднего, эффекты на высоте. Боевка в начале однообразная, но с получением новых грейдов и изучением новых приёмов (которые вы не просто должны качать, но и тренировать самим , практикуясь со специальным персом), она становится реально лучшей за всю историю геймдева ( моё личное мнение). По карте разные плюшки лежат, так-что локации изучать интересно. Плюсом игра позволяет делать все, что душе угодно. Куча новых фишек, а противники стали немного быстрее, чем в бладсоулсе. Всем фанатам соулса и бладборна точно рекомендую, а тем , кто не готов подгореть от сложности не особо советую, ведь вы же в конце концов снизите рейтинги игре своими гневными комментариями о сложности, хотя сами знали, на что идёте =). Expand
  20. Mar 23, 2019
    best game ever. sekiro is good game finaly. i love so much! and i hope darksouls 4
  21. Mar 23, 2019
    The game is fun if we does not count the rage and frustration it gives you, i enjoyed the game everywhere except boss fights and unfair situations, this might be because this is my first time playing a game hard like dark souls and i realised that i will never ever play a FromSoftware game again, their games are great but they aren't for me, most of the good reviews came from people whoThe game is fun if we does not count the rage and frustration it gives you, i enjoyed the game everywhere except boss fights and unfair situations, this might be because this is my first time playing a game hard like dark souls and i realised that i will never ever play a FromSoftware game again, their games are great but they aren't for me, most of the good reviews came from people who like dark souls, and those games which makes you rage if you aren't that good at it, the game really doesnt deserve this score, rage, frustration, the game if we does not count those 2 still isn't that good, i gave it a 5 because it would be a decent game if it would be a little bit easier but it still would go higher than 8 for me. Expand
  22. Mar 29, 2019
    Лучшая игра от FromSoftware! Отличная боевая система, вменяемый сюжет, обалденный level design. Сложная, умная и безумно увлекательная.
    Best game from FromSoftware! Best battle system, good story, awesome level design. Hard, smart, the masteriece for real gamers. Other go cry to your moms)))
  23. Apr 26, 2019
    Un truño como un puño.
    Yo jugando a este juego:
    -¿Qué?...¿qué?...¡¿qué?!...

Metal Arms es mejor. A glitch in the system.
  24. Mar 28, 2019
    The game at the start proves a worthy challenge which stands up to the souls born series and it only gets better. The game gives you different way to tackle each situation, either go in full with sword swinging and using your shinobi tools to just take them out. But then you can also take the stealthy way, which often can prove quite hard but rewarding in the end when you finaly sneek upThe game at the start proves a worthy challenge which stands up to the souls born series and it only gets better. The game gives you different way to tackle each situation, either go in full with sword swinging and using your shinobi tools to just take them out. But then you can also take the stealthy way, which often can prove quite hard but rewarding in the end when you finaly sneek up behind that boss and get tons of his HP taken out.

The bosses of the game are offcorse pure art, with every boss encounter challenging the player in new and different ways. The bosses require you to take it slow in the begining and watch the moves and the different fases of the boss, just like the other souls born games in the series. The art of the bosses is also incredible with japanese folk lore monsters pulled right from the books and into the games with nice grapics to compliment the boss slaying expirience.

I have seen many people complain about the lack of vaierity in the combat. To that i understand and i see where you are coming from, especialy looking back to the souls games were different wepons and classes were quite varied. But the only variation in Sekiro is the shinobi tools. I would say this games combat is what you make it. You can chose to tackle different combat situasions in your own way with different shinobi tools. You can also try to find new and creative ways to defeat enemies.

The game has a few flaws here and there but in the end is extreamly enjoyible and a must buy for pc gamers in 2019.
  25. Mar 22, 2019
    Where have I been? I was sad they had no plans for another Dark Souls, but this is pretty much another spiritual sequel that look pretty cool
    The way i see it. This game can go far and the way you play... ok
  26. Mar 29, 2019
    Didn't think that From Software could make a bad game, but here it is.
    Have played literally every souls game and was ready for something new and different. This wasn't it.
    Didn't think that From Software could make a bad game, but here it is.
    Combat is mostly centered around parrying which at first seems cool and different when compared to souls combat, but after 25 hours of constantly parrying everything and listening to nothing, but the parry sounds and seeing the same animations over and over again its just boring.
    I was ready to do multiple NG runs of the game with different setups and load-outs but the game doesn't offer any variety. what you start out with is what you get. The prosthetic tools while at first glance seem to be the variety of the game they are just lackluster and not worth using since they are basically high risk for no reward during combat.

Just another example of why you should never buy into the hype of a new game and pay release date prices for it.

Visually the game looks nice tho
  27. Mar 24, 2019
    Fail of the Year. Well maybe not the biggest fail but definitely Broken hopes of the Year.
    Visually game is Ok... Everything else is just bad. Lazy DS clone with 0 innovation or improvements. In fact there is a degradation in level design, combat system, weapons, animation and physics, even dialogs and char design. Maybe story is fine but you just can't enjoy it because of that horrific gameplay. There is only one weapon and one gimmick. And equally terrible experience on mouse and gamepad. And of course you can't change difficulty, there is only one stupidly crazy difficulty which can't be excused, because it is nothing but developer's laziness.
  28. Mar 24, 2019
    What a disappointment. No character depth, no replayability, no tangible connection to the bosses, and the most punishing death system in any FromSoftware or Souls-like game. Standard enemies are an absolute joke whether you kill them from stealth or 5 on 1 by just parrying their attacks, but then bosses wreck you with speed, power, and odd gameplay mechanics before you even know what'sWhat a disappointment. No character depth, no replayability, no tangible connection to the bosses, and the most punishing death system in any FromSoftware or Souls-like game. Standard enemies are an absolute joke whether you kill them from stealth or 5 on 1 by just parrying their attacks, but then bosses wreck you with speed, power, and odd gameplay mechanics before you even know what's going on, and even worse is that they feel very uninspired. Again, what a disappointment. Here's hoping Bloodborne 2 still gets made. Expand
  29. Mar 28, 2019
    Pros:
    1 ) Unique hand-eye coordination based combat that is actually fun.
    2) Visuals are nice, most of the time. 3) Audio design and voice acting are top-notch. 4) Great animations and enemy variety. Cons: 1) Camera is broken in certain boss fights. 2) Hit-boxes are DS2 tier. 3) Vague explanations of skill tree. 3 skill points for a only one increase of "spirit emblem" what the
    Pros:
    1 ) Unique hand-eye coordination based combat that is actually fun.
    2) Visuals are nice, most of the time.
    3) Audio design and voice acting are top-notch.
    4) Great animations and enemy variety.

Cons:
    1) Camera is broken in certain boss fights.
    2) Hit-boxes are DS2 tier.
    3) Vague explanations of skill tree. 3 skill points for a only one increase of "spirit emblem" what the heck?! Or %10 life steal after deathblow. Tons of skill points spent on useless things and cannot be reset. Only way is to grind other useful skills.
    4) You can't buy certain things anywhere to beat certain bosses until very late game. For example "Divine Confetti". So grinding strikes again.
    5) While playing stealth, enemy ai feels a bit shallow.
  30. Mar 24, 2019
    скучные, заскриптованные бои на манер асасинс крид. непонятно зачем добавленный кривой стелс
  31. Mar 26, 2019
    Judging this game was really hard for me. I suppose I shouldn't have gone into this game expecting Nioh, however because of the similar setting and themes I did. That... was most certainly a mistake.
    Let's first talk about the things this game does right.
    +The voice acting is on point and any other sound effects are really good. +The level of gore you would expect from a From Software
    Let's first talk about the things this game does right.

+The voice acting is on point and any other sound effects are really good.
    +The level of gore you would expect from a From Software game is here and even some of the more grotesque imagery is to be found, even though this game is (slightly) more grounded in reality, at least compared to the other SoulsBorne games.
    +The gameplay is exactly how you would expect it to be; the controls are very similar to Dark Souls 3, so for fans of that control style, it's pretty much perfect.
    +The game has the SoulsBorne difficulty you would expect, so no worries there.
    +Some interesting new mechanics made possible with the prosthetic you get relatively early on.
    +Bigger focus on guarding instead of dodging
    +A (somewhat) open world. People who like open world games will enjoy this one too.

And that's about it, sadly, so let's talk about the negatives, starting with the most unnecessary one,

-The graphics are simply outdated. Now, I am not a graphics whore and I usually prefer a game with worse graphics and better gameplay over games with better graphics and worse gameplay (as a gamer should), however IMO, the game's graphics look even worse than in Dark Souls 3. Like, how does that happen??? That is honestly inexcusable. Now I wouldn't mind this so much, if it weren't for the...
    -Bad performance. While I can perfectly run DS3 in 4K, Max settings at way over 60FPS, and can't do that in this game, or anywhere near it, and like I said, it looks worse than DS3, so no, this is not because of my hardware. The game just... lags, and that at very weird intervals.
    -The gameplay, much like in the older games, feels really stiff. I don't know if it's because of the animations or the hitboxes, but it doesn't feel natural at all. This is where my bias towards Nioh comes into play, since that game has combat which is smooth af, especially with the stance changes mid combo.
    -The stealth mechanic is negligible at best. While you can use it to surprise your enemies, you will also take them down just as quickly by just running at them and fighting them head on.
    -And while we are already talking about mechanics, I do like that this game focuses more on blocking/reflecting rather than dodging, but that comes at a cost. Dodging is pretty much useless now. I've been in countless situations where I would have been able to dodge-roll out of the way in older SoulsBorne games, but not in this one. Either the attack hitboxes or the dodging mechanics are seriously broken.
    -No character customization. This is pretty much just a nitpick, but it does annoy me. I wouldn't mind the pre-made character, if it weren't for...
    -The Story. I don't like it. Some people might, I don't. Again, Nioh Bias, I was expecting an amazing story like in Nioh, and this game certainly didn't deliver on that scale. It's okay, but nowhere near as amazing as I had hoped for.
    -60FPS lock on PC. Nitpick, but still, annoying.
    -Very shallow combat. Again, Nioh Bias, I was expecting different stances or light and heavy attacks or *any* variety, but no, the focus only lies on (dodging and) blocking.
    -A (somewhat) open world. I don't like open world games. That's just my opinion, but so is this entire review.

Overall, while this game is waaaaaay under-performing when compared to Nioh, I will still try to view this game as objectively as possible.
    If you like the other SoulsBorne games, this is an easy pick-up for you.
    If you were, like me, expecting Nioh 2, you'll be disappointed, but you should still give it a try.
    If you hate open world or stealth games, don't bother.
    And if you're one of those people who complain about the fact that this game is "too hard" or "artificially hard": Git Gud
  32. Mar 26, 2019
    Having completed both Dark Souls 2, 3 and Bloodborne I had high hopes for this one. But what a let down. I'm disgusted by how unfair this game is balanced. Even the mini-bosses will stomp you and one shot you for even the slightest mistake. Not to mention that you loose 50% of your exp and money with no means of getting it back. With Dragonrot, the more you die the more you're a punishedHaving completed both Dark Souls 2, 3 and Bloodborne I had high hopes for this one. But what a let down. I'm disgusted by how unfair this game is balanced. Even the mini-bosses will stomp you and one shot you for even the slightest mistake. Not to mention that you loose 50% of your exp and money with no means of getting it back. With Dragonrot, the more you die the more you're a punished and they give you the option to resurrect and punishes you even more for doing so. You just feel like you're being punished for anything and being rewarded for nothing. The developers are literary spitting you in the face. At least in Darksouls and Bloodborne you could summon an ally to help you but here you're on your own. Don't waste your time on this junk unless you enjoy being killed hundreds of times until you're finally lucky to beat a mini-boss just to encounter anther one 5 minutes later and repeat. The people who designed this junk should be banned from the gaming industry. Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2019
    FromSoft has somehow managed to kill the variety which made their previous games so replayable while simultaneously managing to kill dodging and forcing you to parry. Thing is, parrying doesn't work on may bosses where you have to deplete their health bar first, which is hard to do considering the speed at which the combat plays out. Add to this the idiocy of having 5+ minions for mostFromSoft has somehow managed to kill the variety which made their previous games so replayable while simultaneously managing to kill dodging and forcing you to parry. Thing is, parrying doesn't work on may bosses where you have to deplete their health bar first, which is hard to do considering the speed at which the combat plays out. Add to this the idiocy of having 5+ minions for most minibosses and permanently losing half your experience and gold each death and you have a game that discourages 'die so you can learn' vibe the Souls games had. You can stand at 1 spot in a boss fight and spam Parry until the boss loses enough posture, no need to move and dodge and stuff like that. Vwry disappointed overall Expand
  34. Mar 24, 2019
    Как большой фан душ и особенно бладборна ожидала большего. Скучно, нудно, тяжело. Никакого разнообразия. Ни брони, ни оружия. Зачем исследователь локи не понятно, ведь кроме расходных предметов там ничего нет в 99%. Даже до проходить не хочется.Как большой фан душ и особенно бладборна ожидала большего. Скучно, нудно, тяжело. Никакого разнообразия. Ни брони, ни оружия. Зачем исследователь локи не понятно, ведь кроме расходных предметов там ничего нет в 99%. Даже до проходить не хочется.
  35. Mar 23, 2019
    Графика уровня 2008 года, управление на ПК как всегда - отвратное. Не стоит приобретать.
  36. Mar 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Low price ****I don't like it ATM.
    The combat system is pretty shallow and the "stealth" sections are hindered by it's open world nature.
    It's frustrating. Too much for its own good. Also they don't teach you any basic mechanic of the game.
    Why? IDK. it's dumb.
  37. Apr 2, 2019
    all the excellent reviews are fanboys loyal to the name "from software", the game is really mediocre and has cancerous camera lock on, the worst of this year Id say, 3/10, nothing exciting about it really mediocre, I dont mind the difficulty but there's really nothing special about this except the fanboysm about "from software" developers, kinda like Apple products to give you the idea.all the excellent reviews are fanboys loyal to the name "from software", the game is really mediocre and has cancerous camera lock on, the worst of this year Id say, 3/10, nothing exciting about it really mediocre, I dont mind the difficulty but there's really nothing special about this except the fanboysm about "from software" developers, kinda like Apple products to give you the idea.
    Not worth the price tag, wait for a huge discount, I'd value it at 15$ tops
  38. Mar 30, 2019
    Say goodbye to armor, primary weapons, varied and complex builds, emotes and any other roleplaying elements, coop, and pvp. This is not a soulsborne game and fans of the soulsborne franchises should not be misled into believing that the gameplay is similar. Virtually every system has been overhauled, for better or worse.
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than
    In some ways this title is more friendly to new players than previous ones because you'll never have to look at wall of stats that you'd have to dig around online to make sense of and you won't have the training scars from playing earlier titles. But in another way, it's much more hostile to new players because the difficulty scaling is unprecedented even for a From Software game.
    Grinding is mostly ineffectual as the only reward you get for grinding is Sen (the primary currency, which can be used to purchase consumables and in some cases prosthetic attachments) and Skill Points, which are used to purchase new acrobatic abilities for your character (only one of which can be slotted at a time). You cannot increase your HP pool or Posture by grinding and you cannot summon friendly NPCs to assist you in boss fights, meaning that when you get stuck on a boss your only option is to continue slamming your head against that wall until you win or quit the game.
    Many returning FromSoft fans that are hostile to new players, casuals, and the notion of accessibility in game design will see these changes as improvements, however I generally see them as a step backwards. I don't think it's good game design for the basic narrative elements to be inaccessible to many players (even some who are willing to spend countless hours trying to 'git gud').
    My single biggest complaint with the game is the reductive nature of the new combat system. Many players seem to feel that the combat system is more complex than ever, but I disagree and I will enumerate my reasons why: Poise has been all but removed from the game, weapon arts have been replaced by acrobatic skills, stamina management was replaced by posture, spirit emblems effectively replaced FP, the prosthetic replaced spell attunement, and the jump mechanic replaced the kick. The vast array of sorceries, miracles, and pyromancies (96 total in dark souls 3) have been replaced by 11 prosthetic attachments. In Dark Souls or Bloodborne there are a wide variety of different play styles and approaches that are equally viable for completing the PVE content. You can be a strong dude with heavy armor, a giant, slow weapon, and tons of poise that just knocks bosses on their asses and manages damage trades. You can use spellcasting as your primary strategy for virtually every boss in the game. You can use a dex character with high mobility and fast weapons that inflict status effects like bleed on enemies. They all do the job, and this fantastic variety makes for excellent replay value (even for the players that aren't interested in challenge runs).
    That's just not the case in Sekiro. You have one weapon, one basic play style, and bosses only have one or sometimes two different basic strategies that are viable to beat them. To make things worse, many of the acrobatic skills that can be acquired that are supposed to make the player feel like they're making progress and getting deeper gameplay are completely nullified by certain bosses. For example, unblockable thrust weapon attacks and some kicks can be countered with a skill called the mikiri counter and unblockable sweep attacks can be jumped over, followed by a swift kick to the face that deals a lot of posture damage. Certain bosses, like Genichiro Ashina (a required boss for story progression), for example, can completely nullify these abilities and punish the player for trying to take advantage of them. This removes depth from the combat and this tactic the developers use to increase the difficulty of the game is equally artificial as tactics like making a boss' attacks deal so much damage they're all one-shot kills or tripling the HP pool of the boss to make it harder.
    It certainly feels like the central principal of this game's design was to make it extremely difficult without regard for making the gameplay feel fair, varied, or balanced.
    These drawbacks are such an intrusive impediment to enjoying the game that they overshadow many pleasant qualities in the game. I like that they tried to challenge returning hardcore players by removing I-frames from dodges. I like the new grappling mechanic and how this frees up the artists who designed the maps to add an entirely new dimension to the areas you play in. The visuals and voice acting are superb, and there appears to be just as much effort put into developing the lore of this game universe as previous titles. There are tons of different boss fights to be had in this game with 15 bosses and 29 Mini-bosses, although some of them are effectively just re-skins. I love FromSoft and their games, but I think this one was simply a step in the wrong direction. 6/10
  39. Mar 22, 2019
    60 fps cap? what bullcr*p! I'm fully aware all the previous dark souls titles were all 60fps but it's 2019 now....get with the times developers!
  40. Mar 22, 2019
    Well, bad graphic, bad plot, bad gameplay.

2019 year - cmon, stop selling trash games.

50 rewards(c)Youtube Promotion... GOOD STORY
  41. ABR
    Apr 23, 2019
    Whole budget gone on the advertisement. No RPG, just "hardcore" slasher with aftificial difficulty. FROM could make a good game, but they made this. Thanks for DS: Remastered anyway, better go in Anor-Londo for a vacation.
  42. Mar 24, 2019
    The play-style freedom and replay-ability have been destroyed to railroad players into a generic ninja game. Even bloodborne gave more user freedom and exploration. I hate to say this game is a rebuttal to Nioh and arguably that game is better because it kept a key component, multiplayer. CO-OP and invasions are what solidifies these games and gives them a strong community. It would beThe play-style freedom and replay-ability have been destroyed to railroad players into a generic ninja game. Even bloodborne gave more user freedom and exploration. I hate to say this game is a rebuttal to Nioh and arguably that game is better because it kept a key component, multiplayer. CO-OP and invasions are what solidifies these games and gives them a strong community. It would be fine if this didn't play and feel exactly like a souls game, but it does. Expand
  43. Mar 27, 2019
    Game was not made for pc - keyboard, only in control! And I do not use ... Actually on the keyboard is impossible! The camera is confusing and in a difficult game this is very bad, against bosses happened about four times .... I had to play everything again! It becomes very repetitive and annoying ... At first it's cool .... I think a lot of coincidence the map is vertical and very muchGame was not made for pc - keyboard, only in control! And I do not use ... Actually on the keyboard is impossible! The camera is confusing and in a difficult game this is very bad, against bosses happened about four times .... I had to play everything again! It becomes very repetitive and annoying ... At first it's cool .... I think a lot of coincidence the map is vertical and very much like the Tomb Raider 2013, really strange ... Expand
  44. Mar 25, 2019
    Если Dark Sols 3 с самого начала завораживал и оторваться было невозможно, то в Sekiro даже играть не хочется. Как же это тошно и не интересно.
  45. Apr 1, 2019
    Если коротко, ждал DS3 про Японию, вышел Hitman's Creed may Cry: Sands of Batman с примитивным стелсом от ребят, которые полжизни делали souls-игры (отсюда и "костры", и кастрированные "души", и немножко интерфейса, и разбросанные по миру подсвеченные предметы). На убийство боссов максимально пофигу (в souls-like игре-то!). Переоцененная поделка, совершенно не ясно, за что получившая такиеЕсли коротко, ждал DS3 про Японию, вышел Hitman's Creed may Cry: Sands of Batman с примитивным стелсом от ребят, которые полжизни делали souls-игры (отсюда и "костры", и кастрированные "души", и немножко интерфейса, и разбросанные по миру подсвеченные предметы). На убийство боссов максимально пофигу (в souls-like игре-то!). Переоцененная поделка, совершенно не ясно, за что получившая такие высокие баллы. Хотя, если людям от Sekiro нужен был рескин костров из DS, наличие боссов и Миядзаки-сюжет, то конечно это для них 10/10. Для меня же это как если бы взяли DS3 и вырезали из него половину того, за что я его полюбил. Expand
  46. Apr 6, 2019
    Awful controls, dodging does respond as it should so you are forced to block all the time which gets pretty booring in the long run.
  47. Mar 24, 2019
    Pros:
    -Interesting world.
    -Graphics are quite nice. -Voice Acting is pretty good. Cons: -Poorly explained mechanics and systems. -The Level Design is even worse then Dark Souls 2. -Death Mechanic isn't as punishing as the Souls titles. -Combat is still just about Parry'ing and Dodging attacks. -No character customization, you can't even get a haircut. -Very repetitive enemy
    Pros:
    -Interesting world.
    -Graphics are quite nice.
    -Voice Acting is pretty good.

Cons:
    -Poorly explained mechanics and systems.
    -The Level Design is even worse then Dark Souls 2.
    -Death Mechanic isn't as punishing as the Souls titles.
    -Combat is still just about Parry'ing and Dodging attacks.
    -No character customization, you can't even get a haircut.
    -Very repetitive enemy types, so most enemies will just feel like a copy/paste job.
    -The default Voice Acting language is Japanese instead of defaulting to the users native language.

Just play Nioh instead, you'll find more enjoyment playing that then this.
  48. Apr 1, 2019
    Worst From Software game so far. You forced to play in one way - parry. Map full of useless item, there is no exploration joy. Camera bugs in small rooms or near walls. Bugs with damage-range, inaccurate weapon trajectory-damage.
    People who's call this game "souls" series makes me puke. This game is step back in every aspect if we compared it with DS games.
    This game like: trying to eat
    This game like: trying to eat through nose- this is not hard, it is just stupid.
    From now i will not buy From Software games so freely knowing what they can do with game.
  49. Mar 24, 2019
    This game pushes difficulty to a whole new level. I mean; by not adding complexity to the game, which makes it "artificially hard", therefore dull and tiresome.
    No proper character leveling
    No different weapons or armor No character customization. (I don't actually care, but the main character has zero charisma/ connection to the player) Not fun to explore the map, considering you will
    No proper character leveling
    No different weapons or armor
    Not fun to explore the map, considering you will 90% of the time find worthless items.
    No way to play differently, you have to follow the rules of the game.
    You either play the "rock, paper, scissors" guessing game or you die.
    You play the "rock, paper, scissors" guessing game and you put 75% of your life in risk to a single enemy blow.
    YOU HAVE to build muscle memory in order to progress. (I rather play it differently, try another tactic but the game just won't let me)
    Grapple hook and stealth is pretty much just gimmick, since you can only grapple to specific places and enemies are dumb as f*.
    If you kill a enemy quietly, every other enemy in the area will see you, even if you are in hidden in the bushes. They will track you across the map, they will see you even if you are behind walls.
    Enemies will hit you 90% of the time even if you dash or jump at the right moment. The only way of not getting hit in this game is either by moving out of their range or parrying.
    Parrying bosses or mini-bosses is completely useless, as they stance meter wont even move most of the time. if you back off, their stance meter will decrease a lot. Then you are left with that "rock, paper, scissor" bs I mentioned before.
    This game is made to make streamers angry, it attracts people that attracts money and potential buyers. Corporativism as its finest.
  50. Apr 4, 2019
    Overrated game filled with cheap mechanics. Filled with artificial difficulty and bs mechanics. For instance, the game tells you to dodge grab attacks but the enemy attacks home in on you. So even if you dodge, you get grabbed anyway.
  51. Apr 1, 2019
    Герой не прыгает на левый триггер, а еще это не батл рояль
  52. Mar 24, 2019
    Sadly this game is reviewed by it's hype and predecessors. Technically its lacking polishing. The camera tends to flicker around like crazy in intense boss fights using its lock on feature and often you are not able to see anything due to some piece of broken stuff or grass blocking your vision completely. The essential feature for an inital execution often fails when initialized fromSadly this game is reviewed by it's hype and predecessors. Technically its lacking polishing. The camera tends to flicker around like crazy in intense boss fights using its lock on feature and often you are not able to see anything due to some piece of broken stuff or grass blocking your vision completely. The essential feature for an inital execution often fails when initialized from above with you finding yourself fighting an enemy with its two full healthbars and desperately dying at the last inch what could have been prevented with a working feature. Pretty desperate when you find yourself not enjoying the game but constantly respawning to just get the initial execution after the 4th atempt on a jumping execution. It has its adventure parts but they are way to small. You are running just from one boss arena directly into another making it more like Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption. Therefore it can't succeed in giving you a feeling like the souls series where the wide areas and many foes challenged you besides its bosses. I did not expect another Dark Souls game or a Souls like but the standard that Fromsoftware raised is not matched in Sekiro until it will evolve in future episodes like Dark Souls did. Expand
  53. Mar 22, 2019
    The graphics are not acceptable for a 2019 game. My eyes hurt. Feels like a PS2 game.
  54. Apr 4, 2019
    if you enjoy repeating the same crap over and over at least 5000-10000 times for each boss then this game is for you, if you are a decent (90 IQ or more) person you'll uninstall it after maximum 2 hours of gameplay, It is simply impossible to beat the bosses. Initially I thought it would be a witcher3 competitor but it feels like it was made by CD projekt red's toilet cleaning team.
  55. Apr 15, 2019
    As a fan of the previous From software titles, I had high hopes for Sekiro. Sadly, I am very disappointed with the game for various reasons.

The combat is very restrictive. You don't have weapons, armor or classes to choose from. You have one weapon and a few tools which only have niche uses. The parrying mechanic which could be skipped entirely in the previous games is now the core mechanic you are required to use constantly. In other words, fights are based on split second reactions to what your enemy is doing. This alone wouldn't be bad if it weren't for two reasons.

First, this mechanic simply doesn't work well with crowds of enemies. If you need to pay close attention to what your opponent is doing and time your reaction appropriately, you cannot handle multiple foes at once, especially when some of them are off camera. So you end up running away which is far too easy in this game. This makes you inclined to just skip minions by running past them until you get to the next shrine.

The second problem is that bosses simply take too long to defeat when you play the game the way it is supposed to be played. I'm sure that many speedrunners have found ways to cheese bosses in order to kill them quickly, but if you actually use the reactive gameplay of Sekiro, aren't perfect and don't absolutely use every opportunity you got, then some bosses will take forever and are just exhausting or even boring. A good example is the giant ape boss, who is very easy to defeat if you take your time, but takes so freaking long that the hardest thing about him is not to get impatient and rush in because you finally want to be done with this boring grind. Furi also has quick reactive gameplay, but it is fun and exciting because the pacing is good. Imagine playing Furi but every boss had ten times the amount of health and can easily one shot you if you stop paying enough attention for just a second.

Then there is the stealth mechanic which is an absolute joke. My guess is that the reason they put it in the game was because the combat, as mentioned before, doesn't work well with groups. So what are you supposed to do when there are groups of enemies? Sneak around them and stealth kill them one by one. This also sounds nice on paper but the implementation is horrible. The biggest problem is that you don't feel like a stealthy ninja at all. Most enemies in the game are deaf and blind. You can make loud noises right next to them or walk in their line of sight them without them noticing you. And your "stealth kill" is as loud as a gun shot. It's a joke. Not to mention that it is complely unnecessary since, as mentioned before, you can very easily just run past enemies even when they are alerted. So sneaking feels just like a waste of time and you will be seen eventually in a new area anyway because you don't know where all the enemies are positioned or which of them are blind and which aren't. So what will you do? Spend an hour trying to sneak through an area while trying to memorize all the locations and patrol routes of enemies, or just run past all of them to the next shrine which takes like five minutes?

Graphically speaking, Sekiro is very ugly game. Drab environments, poor animation and a lack of that From Software 'polish', as if it was developed by an inferior division of the company, out of a scrapped prototype.

The last thing I want to mention is that Sekiro doesn't feel rewarding. I played more than half of the game in hoped that the gameplay would grow on me and what annoys me the most is the feeling that I essentially didn't get anything for my trouble. If this was a Souls game then at least I would have a unique character who was formed by his many adventures by now. But in Sekiro, I still have this ugly dude who is an exact copy of everybody else's character who plays the game. Yes there are some RPG elements but I wonder why they even bothered to put them into the game. If I cannot level up at my own leisure but only when I get to certain points in the game, then the game could just balance out the damage and health of the enemies so that the initial built can be used the entire time. The game gives you the illusion of progression but when you think about it, you as a character don't progress at all. When you get to the point where you deal more damage, you also get to the point where enemies have more health so it all evens out and is essentially meaningless.

Overall a horrible game that is overrated because of From's reputation rather than because of its own merits.
  56. Mar 24, 2019
    У игры есть 2 проблемы, из-за которой она не сможет стать идеальной игрой.
    1. Ужасный визуал. 3 модели зданий, 2 модели стен, 4 модели деревьев. И это после Bloodborne.
    2. Кривые хитбоксы. они настолько плохие что меня несколько раз телепортировало из-за спины врага, прямо под анимацию удара. 7/10. Google translation The game has 2 problems, because of which it can not be the perfect
    У игры есть 2 проблемы, из-за которой она не сможет стать идеальной игрой.
    7/10.
    The game has 2 problems, because of which it can not be the perfect game.
    1. Awful visual. 3 building models, 2 wall models, 4 tree models. And this is after Bloodborne.
    2. Hitboxes curves. they are so bad that I was teleported several times from of the back of the enemy, right under the animation of the strike.
    7/10.
  57. Mar 25, 2019
    Скучная, сложная (без баланса), нет кастомизации
  58. Mar 24, 2019
    2019, and still no ultrawide compability.
    Not going to play it like this, so I'll just give it a 0.
  59. Mar 22, 2019
    Este es un ejemplo de como un buen marketing puede cegar a la comunidad, lo unico bueno del juego es su apartado sonoro. Pero lo veo muy sobrevalorado, algunas animaciones dejan mucho que desear, la verdad el juego para mi no es muy bueno, pero respeto opiniones.
  60. Apr 11, 2019
    If you are a member of fromsoftwares cult this review is not for you, on the other hand if you got interested in all those 90+ reviews - don't - I bought game based on those reviews and it was worst time I've had since very very long. Not everyone has tens of hours to repeat same thing and get nowhere.
    Unfair, terrible from technical perspective with scarce content and story written by 5 y.o. slow kid. Random mechanics, bosses animations changing midway (they react faster to your controller inputs than your own character), performance problems, g-sync makes it unplayable, fps lock, no fov control or widescreen support. While fighting bigger enemies (like deamon of hatred) - forget about any normal games mechanics - hitboxes on them are so much broken that basically best way to bet them is run around to stay behind (you can beat most of non-human enemies this way - for example both bulls). Game encourages going around mechanics to balance it's unfairness. I would not recommend it to anyone with exception of people that are extremely happy in their live and need portion of anger and frustration so they can feel how it is, if you play games to have fun - you will be better playing Cuphead instead, unlike this piece of ... terrible coding example, Cuphaead i hard but fair and gives satisfaction upon beating - not just relief that frustration will finally end.
  61. Apr 11, 2019
    Spider-Man: Trainer activated

Enjoy the unique japanese Spider-Man, where you don't need to kill anybody or upgrade attack power or health. Just spam the grapling button and fly trough the whole area to the end, where you meet boss or mini-boss, who will kill you on 1 hit. That's why, you don't need to upgrade your health or attack power, because both is useless. But if you manage to
    Spider-Man: Trainer activated

But if you manage to kill anybody, just walk behind him and press attack, which is instakill. And if you fail that, get ready for the Assassin's Creed parry style. Just keep holding block, wait for enemy to hit you and then press attack button to get another instakill.
    End up with activated trainer, because you won't have nerves for this sh*t and just go trough the locations, because you've already paid for this.
  62. Apr 23, 2019
    I rate this product with 0 mark, because of a huge frustration and disappointment which this game gave me. I beated all the parts of the dark souls series many times, but suckkiro is way too hard for me. The game counstantly holds you in a hard tension and concentration. Two hours in this game feels like I have played 24 hours. This is not a game already its more like some kind of a humanI rate this product with 0 mark, because of a huge frustration and disappointment which this game gave me. I beated all the parts of the dark souls series many times, but suckkiro is way too hard for me. The game counstantly holds you in a hard tension and concentration. Two hours in this game feels like I have played 24 hours. This is not a game already its more like some kind of a human performance test. I dont like parryng **** in dark souls and I never used it. Sekiro - the whole f game is parrying, wtf FROM? No balance, ordinary enemys are worthless, but boss battles are completely impossible. You can die from one shot easely and this is expectable and acceptable, but its not when bosses have tons of hp. Expand
  63. Apr 4, 2019
    I want to rate this game -2/10. Tell me how.Because i dont know. Game is really bad and easy and bad!!!
  64. Apr 16, 2019
    This game is not good at all and it has a bad storyline and also I did not expect that poor from from software.
  65. Apr 25, 2019
    Yes its challenging and its not for a casual player. So be prepared for a lot of try and error.
    The gore and blood is, for a young playerbase, very pleasing. But as I am a little older gamer I just find it annoying and not really helping. Dont get me wrong, I loved stuff like that when I was young too. But I just dont anymore! The boss mechanics are shallow and not entertaining at all. After you figured out how the games work it becomes a chore and killing is a repetition of the same procedure over and over! The story is meh and not the main reason why people buy this game. So if you are just someone who wants to brag that he has beaten a hard game thats deffinelty a game for you. Otherwise its a spin off of dark souls in a new costume.
  66. Apr 8, 2019
    PC version comes with a piece of cardboard with a steam-key instead of a physical disc. Nice "physical release" you got there.
  67. Apr 11, 2019
    very good game, but way to frustrating. With the time and energy it takes to git gud at this game you could have an A in calculus. Not worth it at all
  68. Apr 14, 2019
    This is the first time in YEARS that a game's difficulty has made me feel like a pathetic worm, like *I* am unworthy of *it* as opposed to the game being unworthy of my time.

Remember the first time you played Demon's Souls or DS1, and that feeling of stunned anguish whenever you got your teeth kicked in by an early boss? Remember actually jumping out of your chair from pure joy when you FINALLY beat the S.OB.?

That's how this entire game feels - and I am in heaven.

In case it's not clear enough, Sekiro isn't just "hard" - it is excruciating. No multiplayer means you have no crutches for ultra-hard bosses; nobody coming to save you. Much like the game's setting in sengoku-era Japan, Cheese just doesn't exist and it will be impossible for you to cheese your way through any boss fight.

Git Gud Scrub
  69. Apr 2, 2019
    Its okay i guess. From a technical aspect a lot better than previous FS titles, and most importantly it can be PAUSED!! Praise Jesus, or Buddha, or whoever! Seems to be mostly made for Bloodborne fans. Parry and learn every quick time event to pass even regular enemies, is more tedious and less a learning curve. Not fun after a short while, at least for me. I don't really look forward toIts okay i guess. From a technical aspect a lot better than previous FS titles, and most importantly it can be PAUSED!! Praise Jesus, or Buddha, or whoever! Seems to be mostly made for Bloodborne fans. Parry and learn every quick time event to pass even regular enemies, is more tedious and less a learning curve. Not fun after a short while, at least for me. I don't really look forward to frustration as a learning tool anymore, i've had my fair share of those playing the Souls games. It's way too repetitive imho. Playing with a Gamesir T2A and having latency issues, making parries all but possible. I never had these issues with Monster Hunter World. I like the whole aesthetic, and the feel of the game. Though the style of the gameplay brought the fun to a grinding halt for me, i do recommend this to people that haven't played any of the Soulsborne series. Also maybe wait a while for the hype to die down so you feel less pressure to perform and more room to learn. For me, as sad as i am that i won't be able to see this through to the end, if for nothing else but to enjoy the designs, i'm done with these games preying on my inner masochist. It's tiring, really. Expand
  70. Mar 28, 2019
    Хотелось бы вспомнить, что Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice все еще отличная souls-like игра. Про все такое же отзывчивое и вполне удобное управление. Хорошую оптимизацию для ПК. Все такой же добротный челендж для себя и своей нервной системы. Пусть и опостылевшие, но все еще красивые локации. Тут даже нелинейность и несколько концовок есть! Вроде бы все на месте, но это, если позволите,Хотелось бы вспомнить, что Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice все еще отличная souls-like игра. Про все такое же отзывчивое и вполне удобное управление. Хорошую оптимизацию для ПК. Все такой же добротный челендж для себя и своей нервной системы. Пусть и опостылевшие, но все еще красивые локации. Тут даже нелинейность и несколько концовок есть! Вроде бы все на месте, но это, если позволите, стандартные и привычные для работ этой студии вещи. От отцов жанра, которые уже 10 лет к ряду выпускают подобные проекты, ждешь чего-то большего. Не нового слова, не революции. А шага, пусть небольшого, но вперед. Sekiro оказалась не игрой Souls серии, а именно Souls-like. Подобной, но не входящей в их ряды.

Смотришь на ярлык и не хочешь возвращаться. Ведь там нет былой загадочности. Абсолютно другая атмосфера, которая придется по вкусу не всем. Нет мультиплеера, который для многих игроков Dark Souls и Bloodborne до сих пор невероятно актуален. Стало гораздо меньше бэктрекинга, навязанного самой игрой, но разработчики как знали, что возвращаться в большинство локаций игрокам и так не захочется. Самое страшное для подобной игры с такой лояльной аудиторией - забвение. И будет очень прискорбно, если так произойдет с Sekiro. Всем известно почему не DS4 или BB2. Была пора двигаться дальше и Миядзаки я полностью поддержал в этом стремлении. Но пошли разработчики не вперед, а в сторону. Игра нормальная, но не думаю, что хотел бы увидеть продолжение. У Nioh 2 есть отличный шанс побороть батьку на его же поле и я, со всем своим негативным отношением к первой части, думаю, что это вполне реально. Тем более соперник без руки. А там еще чем-то схожая Ghost of Tsushima на горизонте... даааа, Японией и самураями в 2019-ом можно будет обмазываться.
  71. Apr 8, 2019
    Great at times, tedious at times. After 45 hours or so I would have to admit this game is a step back from previous games. The game itself is punishing to start but you do get better, gamers will typically get to a point where it starts to feel tedious though.

The combat is all about the timing and deflections and it is hard, very hard. That in itself is not a bad thing but the payoff is very poorly done. You really get nothing for your hard work, all those deaths and trying over and over....no armour, no new weapons. The skill tree just eventually gets full, there is no real build to try.

Most people will just look up cheese strats, so many online to choose from. The combat has some depth but there will be zero depth in replayability. I like the game, I do not love it like I have with other From Software games.
  72. Apr 12, 2019
    Fantastic game. From did it again, and created game worth your time to learn its mechanics. To be honest i was tired of stale Souls formula, so emphasis on stealth in this game, more free movement (jumping, grapling hook) and different combat basics (posture, deflecting, deathblows) make it really fresh, while hard enemies encounters are loyal to souls legacy. Lore is interesting, mainFantastic game. From did it again, and created game worth your time to learn its mechanics. To be honest i was tired of stale Souls formula, so emphasis on stealth in this game, more free movement (jumping, grapling hook) and different combat basics (posture, deflecting, deathblows) make it really fresh, while hard enemies encounters are loyal to souls legacy. Lore is interesting, main bosses are fantastic duels, story is not that hidden as in Souls which make it more interesting game to play.
    The only real flaw i see is rehashing mini-bosses fights, it would really be better game with more enemies variety and maybe more different biomes (game is coherent in its world design which good, but it also reduces diversity of levels). Game is excellent but seems smaller than other From software games.
    Anyway- its one best games ive ever played, my second favourite From game (after Bloodborne) and clearly best game ive played this year. Masterpiece.
  73. Mar 28, 2019
    Good world and level design as you'd expect from FROMSOFT. Lack of real character progression and items is a major downfall and lackluster items overall. Exploring a secret in this game is easily the worst in the FROM games since DeS and finding a handful of ash after going through a tunnel around the river and through the woods is a fitting item to describe the secrets in this game.Good world and level design as you'd expect from FROMSOFT. Lack of real character progression and items is a major downfall and lackluster items overall. Exploring a secret in this game is easily the worst in the FROM games since DeS and finding a handful of ash after going through a tunnel around the river and through the woods is a fitting item to describe the secrets in this game.

The combat is the worst in the recent FROM games as well. People complain about Shields in DS yet in this game you have the most OP shield(not even talking about the umbrella) and infinite stamina to go with it as you can just block block block with your sword and easily get posture back for some more. Enemies have posture and poise AND hyper armor which is lame as your character gets sent flying to the floor with even a basic sword slash and even gets staggered without a posture break as well and the animation is fitting as he holds his hand up begging the enemy to stop which is funny as it was just one sword hit....just lame

Dying in 2 or 1 hit sucks and is boring. The best fights are the ones where you don't die instantly from something lame and eye rolling. Lady Butterfly and genichiro for example are good ones and they don't kill you instantly.

For their sake I hope they don't do another game like this as the next round won't have the sales to go with it if user response is any indication and they have a loyal and good fanbase from Soulsborne and I didn't think anything could make Bloodborne look even better than it is but this game does just that. The combat and systems in Soulsbourne are deliberate and Bloodborne has the perfect mixture of SP, co op, PVP, story, combat, etc. That's the formula they should stick to and as long as they do those these one offs shouldn't be a big deal but it's going to get the review it deserves regardless of past games.
  74. Apr 11, 2019
    In my view Sekiro is a decent but not great game. While far from being awful, this game does not deserve the high scores that it has received as result of the unexpected zeitgeist From Software has enjoyed for the past decade. While some aspects are fun and well presented, its shortcomings ultimately stem from From Software's attempt to combine two types of games into one, while doingIn my view Sekiro is a decent but not great game. While far from being awful, this game does not deserve the high scores that it has received as result of the unexpected zeitgeist From Software has enjoyed for the past decade. While some aspects are fun and well presented, its shortcomings ultimately stem from From Software's attempt to combine two types of games into one, while doing neither of them very well, or at least not nearly as well as those that are top of class in each category.

Sekiro is a ninja/samurai action game and it's a stealth game. While the combat is okay, it is, in my view, completely outclassed by Nioh which not only has the parrying mechanic of Sekiro, but multiple weapon types, 3 stances per weapon and dozens of moves per weapon. Sekiro tries to nail the dance of sword fighting, but Nioh executes that dance much more effectively with greater variety and a much smoother frame rate. The limited attack options in Sekiro basically come down to a game of blocking, parrying, jumping and attacking with a simple fixed combo. The challenge of the game is in learning each enemy's attack patterns and selecting the correct sequence of parries, jumps and attacks to break their posture and deliver a deathblow. When first presented this feels very challenging, but as soon as it is memorized it goes from challenging to trivialized as you learn to fight in the game's intended metronomic fashion, simply keeping the beat until you can deliver a "shinobi deathblow" (fancy name for quicktime event) rather than engaging in dynamic combat. Because the AI is very simple, enemies rarely mix up attacks like they do in Nioh. This combat system is further marginalized by the inconsistency of quicktime shinobi deathblow. Sometimes a red dot appears when you sneak up on an enemy without them noticing, other times you can repeat the exact same scenario with no dot. The jankiness of this mechanic is demonstrated most often in the context of dropping onto an unsuspecting enemy and baiting enemies around corners-- situations in which triggering the quicktime shinobi deathblow seems at times truly random. I'm not sure if this is because the game wants you positioned in a very specific way and fails to account for what is displayed onscreen, or if the variable framerate is to blame. In an event, it creates a sort of randomizing effect to the game where sometimes I found myself missing kills I felt I had earned, and at others getting kills I felt I did not. This aspect significantly erodes notion that one can "get gud" (or not be good) at the game.

As a stealth game, Sekiro does much worse compared to the best in class, namely, Metal Gear Solid. The stealth options and AI in Sekiro are behind the original Metal Gear from 1998, and the game is so far behind the stealth mechanics of MGSV that it's not even comparable. At times enemies will spot you when you are completely out of sight and at others they will fail to notice you when you are right in front of them. Unlike Metal Gear, enemies make no changes in their behavior based on your actions. A quick assault and retreat does not result in reinforcements being called in, nor do enemies change their combat tactics or armor choices to defend against over-used attacks. This is a shame because stealth is such a vital component of any ninja/shinobi based game. It seems like a missed opportunity since From Software jettisoned the RPG elements of its previous games in order to focus on the shinobi archetype, which was them hamstrung by lackluster stealth mechanics.

From Software has made a fair game, but in order to be great you can't just make a new IP that is decent or perhaps better in some regards than your previous games, you must make a game that competes with what others have done in the space you are trying to occupy. Sekiro falls short of this, but it's still a decently enjoyable game to play for a short stint. I will say that some aspects are well done and more enjoyable than From Software's previous titles. The speed of the game makes it more engaging and as always, the art direction is excellent. From Software's games are always presented with a certain serious mood and artistic design that makes them beautiful to look at and the color palette of feudal Japan is their best yet. The music and voice acting, particularly the work of Noshir Dalal, are spot on. Unfortunately, actually playing the game is not nearly as captivating as looking at it.
  75. Apr 17, 2019
    Que decir... Repetitivo hasta el cansancio, (parry esquivar parry esquivar parry esquivar, así se resume lo que más vas a hacer en el juego).

Jugué a todos los darksouls y me encantaron, jugué Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice y me aburrí de él en menos de 2 horas. En darksouls tenes parry, pero no necesariamente hay que usarlo ya que hay otras tantas formas de combatir. En Sekiro, usar el

En darksouls tenes parry, pero no necesariamente hay que usarlo ya que hay otras tantas formas de combatir. En Sekiro, usar el parry es para lo que vivís, y es para lo que te compraste el juego.

No es un mal juego en cuanto a calidad, pero es un juego diseñado para jugarlo de una sola forma muy específica... Forma que yo, encuentro exageradísimamente aburrida y repetitiva.

Honestamente no esperaba mucho del juego porque desde que vi el trailer lo primero que pensé fue, "si hay que hacer puro parry rematar siempre al enemigo, se va a volver repetitivo muy rápido. Va, que se yo, capaz así te lo muestran y luego el juego tiene mucho más". Pues no... Tenes herramientas shinobi y una que otra boludes más, pero lo que más tens que hacer es usar parry y rematar... Aburridísimo.

Los enemigos estan completamente desbalanceados y los controles no funcionan como corresponden. Cuando utilizo la modalidad de entrenamiento para practicar habilidades, funcionan perfecto... Cuando las aplico en el campo de batalla, la mayoría de las veces no funcionan.

Los enemigos comunes pueden atacarte mientras los atacas pero tu a ellos no. una incoherencia que perjudica gravemente la jugabilidad, y por lo tanto el disfrute del juego. Muchas veces me ha pasado de terminar de bloquear un ataque enemigo, y cuando inicio a atacarlo, y mientras lo estoy golpeando, lanza un ataque de la nada que no puedo bloquear por estar justamente atacando. (Estoy hablando de enemigos normales, no bosses o algo así).
    Ahora, cualquier enemigo que te ataque, tu no puedes atacarlo mientras te ataca, o esquivar, o bloquear, (spameé estos botones justamente para probar si se podía... Pero no).

No puedes mejorar a tu personaje, (o si). Dejenme explicar... Para mejorar al personaje necesitas objetos que se consiguen avanzando en la historia... Pero que vas a necesitar mucho antes debido a lo desbalanceado que está. Subir de nivel solo te permite desbloquear habilidades, las cuales son situacionales y en el común denominador no aporta nada a las peleas ni al desarrollo de las mismas.

El sigilo falso. Al inicio fue cuando más me entretuve con este juego, pues había de todo tipo de lugares para aprovechar el sigilo... Algo que luego una vez avanzas, descubres que era un concepto falso ya que hay muchas areas donde no puedes utilizar el sigilo, y te toca combatir cara a cara.
    No solo esto, sino que la IA de los enemigos, o está mal programada, o tiene errores. Muchísimas veces los enemigos me ven, y voy tras una pared, me subo, me escondo, etc... Y mágicamente aunque no me vieron subir hasta ahí, si que saben que estoy ahí porque... Porque FromSoftware sabrá, ya que no tengo ni idea de como carajo saben si no me vieron.

En fin... Desbalanceado, repetitivo, con problemas en la jugabilidad, progresión que no recompensa para nada, le doy un 6, y me estoy arriesgando.
  76. Apr 6, 2019
    Sekiro is a good game. The combat system is fresh, visceral, and fast paced, the bosses (albeit lacking in variety) are difficult, and the prosthetic tools give you a fair number of options in playing through the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the 20-25 hours I spent playing through the game.

However, (and unlike any of the prior Soulsborne games, all of which - even DS2 - I enjoyed immensely) I feel no impetus to go back and play the game again. There's no variety in terms of build or playstyle - the skills you acquire are either completely essential (grappling hook attack, regain hp/posture on deathblow etc) or completely superfluous, and there's always enough skill points to go around, so you never have to spec into any one tree. The prosthetic upgrades are gated in a weird way that requires you to upgrade all of the tools (even the ones you aren't using frequently) before you can reach the final upgrades you want, so you can't even spec in different prosthetic tools in a subsequent playthrough.

In previous From Soft games, there were options to vary your playstyle, giving the game replayability. Even in bloodborne (arguably the least 'deep' game in this regard, due to the limited number of trick weapons,) you had skill, strength, arcane, and bloodtinge builds, that played very differently, and could approach various bosses and levels in completely different ways. This is not the case in Sekiro. Every playthrough, no matter what, you will be a sword-wielding shinobi with minimal ranged options. You will defeat your enemies by parrying their attacks and hitting them with a sword when openings present themselves. You will use the axe to break shields and posture break enemies, the shuriken to bring down jumpy enemies, the firecracker to stun beast enemies, and the rest of your options...rarely. The combat system, when mastered, is actually quite a bit more forgiving than in previous games, so there's little challenge in going back and and replaying the game once you've mastered it (I started a second run, and got to Genichiro'in Ashina castle before actually dying - and I got him on the second try, too.)

Basically, Sekiro is a fun game, and I don't regret the time spent playing it. It's definitely worth the time you'll spend on a single playthrough, but I don't know that I'd recommend buying it at it's current price. Unlike every other Fromsoft game I've played, this one I'd actually recommend waiting for a sale to pick up.
  77. Apr 10, 2019
    Very, very good game.
    Combat is a perfect mix of FromSoft X Rhythm game.
    Very much like dark souls if not more forgiving in some aspects.
    But definetly much tougher in others.
    Best looking FS game.
    It actually looks beautiful sometimes.
    Music is barely noticeable.
    Copypasted minibosses.
  78. Apr 8, 2019
    an Amazing game rich with Atmosphere a great Combat system & and an interesting story and lore

Combat: as a guy who thinks soulsborne games are kind of overrated because to me they feel clunky as hell movement and animations wise this feels absoluteley great to play. its very very challenging and you will hit atleast 1 boss who will kick your a** for hours. be ready for that but nothing feels cheap. you have to be mechanically skilled and react fast to the enemies attack timings. Overall : really varied yet fun and complex mechanically combat system that is incredible.

Story : i dont want to spoil much but its a shift from the very sparse Fromsofware narratives, and its much better for it.

Graphics : if we talk about raw Graphical powers this is a good looking game, but when you factor in the art work and the world design it pushes it much further.

+ Very Immersive (especially with the japanese voice over).
    + Feudal Japan done right finally.
    + Amazing Soundtrack.
    + Very good Voice Acting.
    + Greatly Designed.
    + Incredible Bosses/Mini Bosses
    + lots of enemy variety.

- only con i can think of is the lack of visual customization, but its not a big deal considering the time period.
  79. Apr 12, 2019
    srsly the ones who give negative reviews should not play a hardcore game. just go play AC games with the easiest difficulty.
  80. Apr 11, 2019
    In this game, you will be fighting bosses for most of the time - I've reached the final boss by the way. So, what about the combat? Well, you are pretty much glued face to face with your opponent for 80% of the time. Sekiro is a fighting game (with some light stealth segments).
    There are two genres of games I don't like and never have: sport games and fighting games.
    Also, there is zero
    Also, there is zero weapon variety which makes the combat even more lackluster.
    What a pity.
    Oh well, I'm sure FROM will be back with a great action RPG after this little misstep.

On the positive side, the atmosphere is really nice and almost have the same qualities as the souls games and Bb.
  81. Apr 17, 2019
    Sekiro, the latest game from FROM Software is frustrating and great at the same time. While in enjoyed the aesthetics of the Dark Souls games more, it was an incredibly fun game. Once you figure out the parrying and movement system and it clicks you truly feel like a ninja.

Bosses were very difficult though, since you dont have different armor and weapons it seemed way harder than the DS games. The prosthetic arm felt like a gimmick and wasnt always useful.

Graphics looked great and it ran without problems.
  82. Mar 29, 2019
    Overall I'd say the game is okay but not comparable to FromSoft's previous works. The games has very great atmosphere, graphics, and sound, but the game play is just a tad boring. It revolves solely around parrying and either slowly chipping away at the enemy's vitality or breaking their posture to finish them off quickly. The combat in this game just feels less fun and rewarding overallOverall I'd say the game is okay but not comparable to FromSoft's previous works. The games has very great atmosphere, graphics, and sound, but the game play is just a tad boring. It revolves solely around parrying and either slowly chipping away at the enemy's vitality or breaking their posture to finish them off quickly. The combat in this game just feels less fun and rewarding overall when compared to the other soulsbourne games. The kill animations get very repetitive and the stealth mechanics are shallow. I do like the focus on vertical motion with the grappling hook though - very fun. Expand
  83. Apr 11, 2019
    ok i don't know why there's a character limit for reviews i just wanna say that the game is really fking good. that's all.
  84. Apr 3, 2019
    Great gameplay but they exaggerated that the game is too too hard and i think gamers want to enjoy gaming, not to have headache from so games
  85. Apr 5, 2019
    Отсутствие атмосферы присущей всем играм от Frome Software.
    Нечестные хитбоксы и в целом отвратительная боевка.
    Отсутствие атмосферы присущей всем играм от Frome Software.
    Нечестные хитбоксы и в целом отвратительная боевка.
    В предыдущих играх фромов я готов был умирать снова и снова, но там я сражался с величественными противниками, боссы в прошлых играх были очень могущественными сущностями. Здесь же умирать 50 раз сражаясь с обычным военачальником или фиолетовым ниндзей это норма. Побеждая не чувствуешь удовлетворения, а просто отмечаешь что бой сложился удачно для тебя. Может еще роль сыграло то что мне совершенно не интересен сеттинг игры, не знаю... Так ждал игру и такое разочарование, прям обидно.
  86. Apr 10, 2019
    Actually seriously overrated game. Seems like people just enjoy it because it is a From Software game.

Major issues ruining the game: Stealth is bad: foes can spot you through walls but not when you're by their side, they can follow you through grass, walls (again), and pretty much anything in fact, making the only disengaging option rushing on a roof and waiting. Combats are really

Major issues ruining the game:
    Stealth is bad: foes can spot you through walls but not when you're by their side, they can follow you through grass, walls (again), and pretty much anything in fact, making the only disengaging option rushing on a roof and waiting. Combats are really slow and boring.
    The only difficulty comes from the controls. Horrible, outdated controls. Sekiro can climb a wall with only one hand while using the other to listen some random useless speeches (useless like "hey this boss is vulnerable to this tool that you unlock after this exact boss fight"), but cannot jump backward while attacking/blocking. Talking about climbing, the system is just bad, turning it into a spam of grab key and dozens of jumps in order to grab a border. Playing with reflex and skill is not for this game. Wait in posture, wait, wait, block, attack, attack, block, wait in posture. The controls are so slow that you cannot play if you don't just wait an hour that the opponent decides to use the blockable attack so you can hit him twice to remove 5 pixels of his HP bar. Then you have to wait another hour to remove the next 5 pixels. While your lifebar is pretty much useless as everything kills you in one or two hits.
    Tools are pretty much useless (excepting the axe against shields).
    And over that, the dodge makes you run toward your target instead of backward, making it a move to automaticaly take damages. Pure genius. Oh, seems that I forgot to mention that dodging on the edge of a stair doesn't make you fall, so you take the damages because of some dumb design. But don't worry, foes attacks can kick you off, no invisible wall this time. Seriously stupid, proof of ultra lazy developpers.
    The camera is just bad. Terribly bad. Like the lock system. Never locks the guy you're facing or the closest: just locking some random out of range guy.
    The hook is also terrible to use. Only works from a very specific angle, making it unusable in most of the cases.
    To ensure that was not me or a controller issue, I played with gamepadviewer on my second screen just to realize that the game was broken with epic delays between each actions.

Minor issue:
    From Software even forgot to upgrade the graphics. The game looks like a 2014's game. Too bad, the game had sole good landscapes, ruined by bad textures.
    And no borderless window so you have to use a third-party software if you have more than one screen and want to use them.
    Repetitive fights with broken mechanics and terrible controls finally make the NG+ an unwanted thing.

Now the good stuff:
    Level design is pretty cool (the X-ray IA is the only thing making stealth unviable, and that's a shame for a game based on stealth with so much secret paths) and the context is nice and well exploited. Story is decent, which is a rare thing now. The music is pretty good too.

Why doesn't this game deserve a decent score? Because it's pretty much only the lore and story that give it points. The gameplay is just bad (wait wait hit block - repeat isn't a good gameplay at all and only makes the difficulty artificial) and broken (the real difficulty). And a game with such a bad gameplay is nothing but a bad game.
    If the developpers weren't stuck in 2013, the game could have been way better. Upgrade graphics and most importantly fix the gameplay which was ok for a game in the Skyrim era but just nope nowadays would turn it into a very interesting game to play, not only a story to follow.
  87. Apr 11, 2019
    so weird .. people saying its too hard and even harder than ds series .. i played ds 3 and could't event get past the first boss thought tried like 15 times. deleted it immediately and told myself that maybe this type of games is not for me too hard and of course didn't try even to play bloodborne ...

this game comes out from the same company and i didn't have any thing to play at the time really so i've decided to give it a shot plus it's about shinobis, samurais and **** ;)

of course i struggled a bit at first .. the first mini boss beat the crap out of me like 5 times then i restarted the game to take a better look at the tutorials .. and after realizing that the best way is to use deflects the game become much easier .. and now me .. the one who couldn't even beat the first boss in ds 3 completed this game in 3 days and i like it sooo much .. that satisfying feeling u get when u defeat a boss who kicked ur ass like 20 - 25 times is awesome

so i finished the game and immediately started new game plus .. and this time i'm a master of deflection xD .. the hardest boss took 2 tries for me to beat only 2 tries ... this is coming from me the noob who couldn't do **** in ds 3

maaan this game is awesome .. to me it's noob (referring to myself) friendly
  88. Apr 13, 2019
    The best single player game I have played for years. Fun and unique boss fights, beautiful environments and cool elements of stealth and prostethics.
  89. Apr 14, 2019
    I was disappointed when I was few hours in. I did not expect a Soulslike game but I expected another Fromsoftware-jewel. I liked Sekiro but it was below my expectations.

Or so i have thought. Now I am loving Sekiro. Pros: + The game looks astounding + Atmospheric, especially mid - late game. + Great music + Important NPC's take a huge part to the story + Storytelling and

Or so i have thought.

Now I am loving Sekiro.

Pros:
    + The game looks astounding
    + Atmospheric, especially mid - late game.
    + Great music
    + Important NPC's take a huge part to the story
    + Storytelling and Cutscenes are on point.
    + "Into the feels" moments
    + The areas are connected to each other and you can take different paths
    + World events depending on where you are story-wise (small and huge scale)
    + Lore through items, memories from bosses, eavesdropping, giving drinks to npc's
    + Rewards exploration but on a different manner than Soulsborne games.
    + (Main) Bosses are, even compared to Soulsborne, high quality.
    + Enemy variety is high + many have an interesting concept. They are fitting to the concept of the game and fit to the area they're in.
    + There are different endings and some of them need requirements. You are never forced upon an ending, you need to meet the requirements but you can also decide to go for another ending.
    + Fighting is quick, feels cool and rewards quick thinking, muscle memory and experimentation. *No, it's not just parrying.
    + Stealth is implemented but you are (almost) never forced to use it. It just can make things easier.
    + No matter how far you are in, you can still die to the first enemies.
    + Falling from cliffs or high ground doesn't instakill you - Yay
    + You can swim and it doesn't feel like ****

Cons:
    - Sometimes feels unfair, especially in early game and at some minibosses.
    - For the most part, minibosses are just copied to other stages of the game.
    - Minibosses deal extremely high damage, yet have around 2 - 4 moves at their disposal which makes them hard and annoying at the beginning and a piece of cake after several hours experience.
    - Fogwalls till you kill the miniboss make this even worse
    - Some Minibosses require items to effectively kill them. These items are consumables, hard to aquire until late game and makes it very frustrating to die to them.
    - 2 Bosses who can literally 1 Shot you in NG+ and beyond
    - 3 and 4 Phases-bosses is too much
    - Terror ............
    - Own posture mechanic is weird. Gotta stand still or move around till own posture recovers. But most of the time it doesn't matter since enemies won't react properly after breaking your posture.
    - No weapon variety. I know shinobi's share a bond with their weapon blabla but I prefer having different weapons over historical accuracy.
    - the "stat system", idk how to call it but it feels unrewarding and unnecessary
    - For some very odd reason gotta hold a button to collect drops from enemies

To sum it up:
    Sekiro is different from Soulsborne games. Even if you love the series, it's still no safe bet that you like it. And that's fine, that's what a new IP is for. However, it shares Fromsoftware's DNA and at some point, you will compare it to Soulsborne.
    Sekiro has improved on many levels but has also worsen on other levels. It's harder than Soulsborne games, sometimes due to artificially but most of the time due to the wide combat system.
    I would compare the difficulty level of Sekiro to Bloodborne: Old Hunters DLC.
    Minibosses are my biggest complaint but even there are few cool, unique and memorizable encounters.

I highly recommend Sekiro.
  90. Apr 24, 2019
    This game looks pretty cool, the movement and controls are fluid, and I like the game world. It really looks like the type of game I'd like. However, FromSoft games are just too difficult for some people such as myself. I don't really know why this company refuses to have difficulty settings for those of us that don't have the patience/aptitude for this type of game. I appreciate thatThis game looks pretty cool, the movement and controls are fluid, and I like the game world. It really looks like the type of game I'd like. However, FromSoft games are just too difficult for some people such as myself. I don't really know why this company refuses to have difficulty settings for those of us that don't have the patience/aptitude for this type of game. I appreciate that some people enjoy the satisfaction of beating difficult games, but Sekiro (and the Dark Souls series) just aren't my cup of tea as presented. Expand
  91. Apr 17, 2019
    Another timeless Masterpiece by From Software.
    Thank you so much guys. Please do never stop making the awesome games you do
  92. Apr 23, 2019
    I really wanted to like this game but having played it halfway through I've grown to dislike its linear approach with everything and sheer tediousness of boss and mini-boss fights. When with previous From games I would be excited for new challenges and encounters, this one makes me almost dread progression and makes me wish I would be over with with the game already.

This game seems to

This game seems to be designed for very specific gamers who liked the challenge runs in previous Souls games, or added difficulty through multiple NG+ cycles. While this is certainly many Souls players, most people won't enjoy punishing difficulty with demand of mastering the game in order to succeed. Options like leaving a boss fight to level up and then try later, or summoning outside help no longer exist, leaving you with only one options that is "git gud", if you have time, patience and nerves for it.

I really feel like this game is a step back from Bloodborne, which I consider a masterpiece, and hope that this is "just a phase", not a direction From is taking with every game from now on.
  93. Apr 23, 2019
    Absolute MASTERPIECE! One of the best games I've ever played in my life! Amazing combat, amazing exploration, amazing aesthetics, amazing boss fights, perfect difficulty and overall a fantastic product! All true gamers should buy and play this amazing game!
  94. Apr 28, 2019
    Well, im going to explain this in pros and cons

Pros -i like the graphics Cons -Everytime you die your money dissapear -Dragons rot affects characters -Its literally boss after boss so if you struggled at one just wait for the next one thats literally after that one -you die and die at one boss till you get how you can beat him, either beat him by luck, or remember his strikes
    Well, im going to explain this in pros and cons

Pros
    -i like the graphics

Cons
    -Everytime you die your money dissapear
    -Dragons rot affects characters
    -you die and die at one boss till you get how you can beat him, either beat him by luck, or remember his strikes so you know when to attack and when to parry, or just watch a walkthrough
    -The whole time you just parry
    -The whole game just focuses on just fighting bosses

I wish they atleast tried harder to make a game that had an amazing story, that really catches you in it, they had such and opportunity to do so, i like story games more than just fighting games
  95. May 18, 2019
    Very immersive & well-narrated story. Very well-crafted world that leaves you wanting for much more when the game has finished. I can imagine playing 2-3 sequels or prequels of Sekiro.

The only negative for me is that it's way too difficult. Heard an easy mode is coming, so that should fix it for many potential players.
  96. May 18, 2019
    It is only looking back on the game now I have completed it that I can give it a 7.5/10.
    After the first dozen deaths on the poop flinging monkey boss, I would have given it a 5, and after the first 25 deaths on the final boss, I would have given it a big fat zero.
    The discussion on the difficulty of the game is a key as to whether you will enjoy the experience. I have the patience of a Saint to most games, but I nearly uninstalled this game unfinished on a number of occasions.
    Am I pleased I struggled through the frustrating times? Not really to be honest. Once Final Boss went down, the sense that at the end of the day its just a Video Game, you actually get nothing for "winning" and you have just wasted weeks on a futile endeavour, is overwhelming.
    Contrary to other negative reviews regarding combat mechanics, for me this was the best part of the game. Nicely balanced and nuanced, with some good subtleties to the experience. Enemies were varied, and some of Boss Battles thrilling and intense.
    Worst part, apart from difficulty spikes in Boss fights, was that age old problem of camera suddenly being stuck jammed up against the wall or on the ceiling so you can't see diddly squat as you get the bejeezus kicked out of you.
    Buy and play this game if you have that psychological bent where you need to "suffer" for your gaming.
  97. May 17, 2019
    As most people probably already know, the game is very challenging. If it's your thing to get off by bashing your head against the wall and spending hours (yes literally) fighting the same boss until you figure out the pattern and memorize it then this game is for you. Took me about 100 hours to complete the game and I'd say about 30% of that was grinding to level up skill and 30% of itAs most people probably already know, the game is very challenging. If it's your thing to get off by bashing your head against the wall and spending hours (yes literally) fighting the same boss until you figure out the pattern and memorize it then this game is for you. Took me about 100 hours to complete the game and I'd say about 30% of that was grinding to level up skill and 30% of it was getting my ass kicked over and over again on the boss fights. It took me like an hour to defeat the first mini boss! Spent 8 hours on a couple of bosses each. Of course this goes way quicker if you actually look up tips on how to fight the boss which I would not consider cheating because even after you know what needs to be done, executing it is quite another story in and of itself. The story was OK but the VO acting was pretty darn good though. I am in NG+ and it seems to have very little replayability IMO. Its no Bloodborne but I would say I like it better than the Dark Souls series which I can't seem to get into. If you are into Japanese lore and like a challenging game I think it is worth a peek. Expand
  98. May 8, 2019
    Don't let the little fool you. In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you will die a million times+ . Yes this is one of these games you will enjoy playing but probably will never finish it.

The graphics look really decent. The combat is fluid and definitely a highlight of the game. It is punishing, one mistake might cost you life. I would like game to explain fighting little bit more. There are few ways of countering incoming attacks. It is rock/paper/scissor mechanic due to the lack of proper tutorial less skilled players will find it really difficult to defeat some tougher enemies. Game has lots of mini bosses. Dont worry though game has a really clever resurrection mechanic, in the event of death game lets you use resurrection power to offer a 2nd chance. You will most likely die again but hey at least you could try to tip the scales of death in your favor.

You need to use controller for the optimal gaming experience. I could not play comfortably with K/M, I just prefer to use controllers for these ports. Game is playable with K/M but controller is a way to go.

Game does not support 21:9 resolution which is a big negative for me. Fortunately there are skilled people out there who come up with the fix to this problem. Fix which can be obtained from WSGF website get rids of black bars. It works similar like the fix used in Dark Souls games. Any movement caught on camera outside 16:9 is captured in frames which breaks immersion a little bit so make sure to have your camera centered. All items and HUD is placed within 16:9 aspect ratio but it is ok. The only problem is stealth mechanic and visual feedback when you are low on health. In both cases 16:9 part of the screen will be covered with dark grey or red filter. The picture outside 16:9 will be normal. It is annoying but you can get use to it. Other than this game looks stunning in 21:9. So if you are blessed with UW monitor make sure to use the fix and play it this way.

Artwork is sublime and the setting is really well done. It makes me want to explore the world. I would love to have some sort of difficulty scale slider but these games are all about the challenge so if you are looking for a game that will test your skills better be ready.

I would easily give this game a 10 but lack of 21:9 support is a big let down. It would not cost developers that much time to recognize this immersive style of gaming.

Pros:
    - graphics & artwork
    - fighting mechanics
    - setting
    - challenging

Cons:
    - lack of 21: 9 support
    - too difficult

Score: 9/10 - absolutely worth getting !
  99. Apr 26, 2019
    If this is PS4 version, I would gave it 7/10 because this game isn't mean to be played with controller. It's PC game purely on the logic that, you need to use all of your finger to press every buttons in order to play and feel like a badass.
    The game is everything you want from Form Software. With the exception that Moonlight Blade is nowhere to be found. This game has one of the most enjoyable swordplay system I. The 'deflect' system was one of the best contribution Form Software gave to the industry. Just for the experience of deflecting boss attack instead of 'keep rolling rolling rolling rolling' is already worth the price.

-1 point for requiring mod to fix the camera and lock-on bug.
  100. Apr 24, 2019
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    I never liked ANY of the Souls-games. Not even the ''more friendly for noobs'' DS3. But!
    Sekiro:SDT is a masterpiece of fast-paced combat, high risk and high reward, in a fantasy setting with more history than myth, and more blood and anshes than spells and miracles. Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character! One of the games that i'll
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character!
    One of the games that i'll always remember for a few scenes that became instant-classics for me (i.e. the Great Shinobi).
  101. Mar 27, 2019
    From Software didn't disappoint like always. Just when i thought the combat couldn't get any more better they hit me with a variety of new tools and ways to resolve problems in game. The combat is fast paced and there are many ways to tackle the same enemy depending on how you want to play. The story is compelling and easily understandable unlike other games in soulsborne series.

Of

Of course this game is not for everybody. You have to be very good at games to easily go through the plot and sometimes it can take hours to get 1 boss or mini-boss to lay down on the ground permanently, but when you finally do it, the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment is unmatched by any other game, even in previous From Software titles.

Absolute masterpiece.

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    There’s no leveling (in Soulsborne sense of the word), no covenants, no multiplayer, no variety in armor and weapons. It could be written off a stylistic choice, if the rest of the game didn’t feel very similar to the previous FromSoftware games. But it does, so Sekrio comes across as rather shallow. [Issue#237, p.28]
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is a milestone in the genre. It offers complex, stunning and precise sword fights and duels that its predecessors lacked, and from which its successors will have to keep up with. You no longer simply learn by repeatedly and unfairly dying, but you refine your talents as a player. You seek unique methods to overcome each boss, rather than just rolling at the right time before spamming a few hits.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Apr 25, 2019
    Dozens of hours later, we're still not sure how we feel about it. It's a game of contradictions, open and flexible in its level design, yet resolutely strict in its combat... It is a brilliant game, that is certain. but it is often a difficult one to truly love. Naturally, we can't put it down. [Issue#332, p.104]