6.9

1. Sep 4, 2020
    This HAS to be played on hard, it's an absolute masterpiece then. Even more so if you're interested in inca/mayan culture.
  2. Sep 1, 2020
    I had heard some grumblings on the internet that the writers made a mess of Shadow of the Tomb Raider making Lara too whiny. After finishing the game I can’t say that I agree. If I had one issue with the writing it would have been that they had an opportunity to go for a more sadistic Lara at one point and didn’t take it. I can understand why they didn’t as many would feel it isn’t in theI had heard some grumblings on the internet that the writers made a mess of Shadow of the Tomb Raider making Lara too whiny. After finishing the game I can’t say that I agree. If I had one issue with the writing it would have been that they had an opportunity to go for a more sadistic Lara at one point and didn’t take it. I can understand why they didn’t as many would feel it isn’t in the characters nature but it seemed like a missed opportunity and something I would have enjoyed to see explored. If you have played the previous Tomb Raider games in this reboot franchise then you know what to expect. The puzzles are overall pretty decent, some are a tad annoying but nothing too bad. Two bits I will single out on that front is there is a puzzle involving mirrors that I felt had too much backtracking. There is another puzzle to progress in the tomb of the Monkey Gods where the save points are much farther apart than normal which made it more annoying than it had to be. The voice acting is fantastic as usual. The story was interesting but a little poorly explained at points. How exactly does what Lara do cause tidal waves and earthquakes ? Even a non scientific supernatural answer would have sufficed but none came. Also near the end when a “God needs to be sacrificed” the God in question doesn’t actually die so what do they mean by sacrifice ? Overall though the story was enjoyable as were many of the characters. The franchise has done a good job having interesting villains. The graphics as usual were very good. Fabrics getting wet had great detail; lighting was fantastic; and face shadows and hair details were all great. Dead enemies looked poor as did most of the ground detail though. I also disliked the piranha’s which can attack you underwater. Unlike the eels where you have a chance to defeat them the piranha’s are a one hit kill enemy that require a bit of stealth to bypass which I don’t enjoy. The combat was fun; easy to get into and had loads of options for play styles. I liked the addition of covering Lara with mud to sneak and hide in bushes and walls waiting to knife enemies.

I played Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Linux. It crashed on me twice during my play through. Once was on exit but the other was during game play. The game did have an issue where the audio would crackle on me or have what sounded like static but this only happened a couple times total. The game uses an auto save process of checkpoints. There is a manual save option but it never seemed to save my exact location and I would start from my most recent checkpoint anyway. Alt-Tab didn’t work for me. There are thirteen different graphics options to go with a toggle for ambient occlusion and three different settings for AA. You can change the difficulty at any time during game play. I also had an issue where a lever I needed to use wouldn’t give me the option to use it until I quit and reloaded my save. Overall the game ran really well. The few times where the game would drop in frame rate never lasted very long and my usual FPS was above 80 FPS. The game supported my 144 hZ

Disk Space Used: 36.2GB
    Game Version Played: 1.0.3
    Settings Used: Everything at highest; depth of field off; @1080P
    GPU Usage: 5-99 %
    VRAM Used: 3559-6165 MB
    CPU Usage: 12-80 %
    RAM Usage: 4.9-6.7 GB
    Frame Rate: 34-144 FPS

Despite some technical issues the game ran well overall and was fun to play. If you enjoyed previous Tomb Raider games of late then you’ll probably enjoy this one as well. The game play hasn’t changed much and that is fine as it is a good formula. I finished the campaign on “One With the Jungle” difficulty in 24 hours and 30 minutes. The exact completion rate was 77.23% so I did a fair bit of side quests as well. I paid $42.04 CAD for the game and feel it was worth the price.

My Score: 8/10

My System:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X | 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB | Mesa 20.1.6 | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB | Manjaro 20.1 | Mate 1.24.1 | Kernel 5.8.3-2-MANJARO | AOC G2460P @1920*1080 144hz
  3. Aug 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A better and dark conclusion to lara's journey, totally worth it. The New Game plus is totally worth it and personally gives the players a good start everytime they start a new game. 10/10 Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2020
    Un buen broche final a la saga, me ha gustado mucho aunque no invente nada ni cambie demasiado las mecánicas del juego,
  5. Jul 20, 2020
    Played this game on PC and I really enjoyed it. The gameplay is better than ever, the customization and leveling is deeper, the story feels more interesting and better written and the graphics are absolutely incredible. Seriously, I have played all the best looking games on PC and PS4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PC is definitely among the top 5 best looking games. I love the settingsPlayed this game on PC and I really enjoyed it. The gameplay is better than ever, the customization and leveling is deeper, the story feels more interesting and better written and the graphics are absolutely incredible. Seriously, I have played all the best looking games on PC and PS4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PC is definitely among the top 5 best looking games. I love the settings menu and everything they allow you to tweak. It's also really great that they allow you to adjust difficulty more granularly. The exploration of tombs and puzzle solving is much better than the previous two games and is, perhaps, the best it's ever been in the series, period.

Anybody saying this is the same as Rise of the Tomb Raider is talking out their you-know-what. There are more changes and improvements in this game than we got from one game to another in a certain other similar franchise that I won't name. Suffice to say, this game has evolved plenty and is a lot of fun to play.

Oh and anybody claiming this looks worse than Rise of the Tomb Raider is either certifiably blind or just trolling. This game is a good leap above the last game in nearly every area of its graphical makeup.
  6. Jul 12, 2020
    Un très bon jeu pour conclure la trilogie amorcée en 2013.
    Lara retrouve ses premières amours avec l'exploration et les tombeaux.
  7. Jul 4, 2020
    Perfect Game :)
    graphics are better
    tombs are better
    story is better
    Amazing game
  8. Jun 29, 2020
    Beautiful graphics. Interesting adventure. Lots of parkour. A little monotonous fights.
  9. Jun 22, 2020
    First as comparison, I gave 10/10 to tomb raider 9 (2013), 4/10 to rise of tomb raider because of the numerous bugs.
    The graphics of this game is still at the top level. The story is overall good. But, the game design and the battles are too similar to the previous 2 games.
  10. Jun 22, 2020
    Este es probablemente el peor juego de Tomb Raider de la trilogía, que no es realmente malo, ya que este juego sigue siendo genial y, en mi opinión, uno de los mejores juegos en 2018. La mayoría de las adiciones son bastante sólidas con muchos artículos nuevos. y muy buenas misiones secundarias también.
  11. Jun 21, 2020
    An amazing, fun, beautiful, and investing game. I wasn't sure how the third game in this reboot would hold up but it didn't let me down in the slightest!
  12. Jun 20, 2020
    i loved this games, no coments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Jun 1, 2020
    Моя любимая серия игр. Моя любимая героиня. Конкретно по этой игре - визуальная часть - эталон для индустрии. Это образец, как нужно делать игры. Игровой процесс - стандартный для Томб Райдер - лазаем, прыгаем, деремся с врагами, решаем загадки. В этот раз в Южной Америке. Отличная приключенческая игра, запредельно красивая визуально. Советую всем. Еще и на распродажах с хорошей скидкойМоя любимая серия игр. Моя любимая героиня. Конкретно по этой игре - визуальная часть - эталон для индустрии. Это образец, как нужно делать игры. Игровой процесс - стандартный для Томб Райдер - лазаем, прыгаем, деремся с врагами, решаем загадки. В этот раз в Южной Америке. Отличная приключенческая игра, запредельно красивая визуально. Советую всем. Еще и на распродажах с хорошей скидкой продается. Expand
  14. May 27, 2020
    Excelente essa é a palavra para descrever esta delicia de game, recomendado
  15. May 16, 2020
    I think this is a more complete game than the previous two. The world is more lively with the settlements. The story is not really it's best aspect but the gameplay is so much fun that it is enough of a vehicle to progress forward. The puzzles are better, the stealth techniques are more diverse. There are more than enough different things to do to keep me interested. The series still has aI think this is a more complete game than the previous two. The world is more lively with the settlements. The story is not really it's best aspect but the gameplay is so much fun that it is enough of a vehicle to progress forward. The puzzles are better, the stealth techniques are more diverse. There are more than enough different things to do to keep me interested. The series still has a unique character in gaming and I'm glad it's around. Expand
  16. May 10, 2020

17. Apr 23, 2020
    I didn't like it at first, then I started playing in the hardest difficulty and found it much more enjoyable.

Graphics: It looks incredible... in the beginning... then it starts to look nice like any other game nothing special. A bit too dark to my taste. I bought it because of RTX and is kinda lame because I had to wait like a year to be ready. And still looks lame with RTX.

Gameplay: Is bit simpler than Rise, many skills are not useful at all or don't work. Stealth is mostly gone. The fights are hard if you insist in going stealthy. Don't even think in going melee. Just pick up the rifle and kill everything in the hardest difficulty with no problems. The Platforming is fun, the tombs are fine and there are more this time.

Story: The story is kinda lame like most Tomb Raider stories except the first one. But I like this darker Lara she seems more human. They need to find better bad guys.

So why the 8? Because it's fun enough, looks great and kept me entertained for more than 60 hours or so.
  18. Apr 23, 2020
    Also gut.
    Dies ist der dritte Teil der neuen Tomb Raider Trilogie und damit auch der letzte Teil.
    Ich habe/hatte große Erwartungen zu diesem Game, Sehr viele Sachen konnte diese Erfüllen, ein paar aber nicht. Meine Review: + Die neue offene Welt ist ziemlich gut gelungen! + Die meisten Waffen wurden überarbeitet und sich noch cooler! + Grafik! + Unterwasserlevels haben sie gut
    Also gut.
    Meine Review:

+ Die neue offene Welt ist ziemlich gut gelungen!
    + Die meisten Waffen wurden überarbeitet und sich noch cooler!
    + Grafik!
    + Unterwasserlevels haben sie gut hinbekommen!
    + + Rätsel waren das beste am Game. Sind Abwechslungsreich und schwierig!
    + Schwierigkeiten Levels sind durch das Einstellen gut gelungen!
    + Nebenmissionen
    + Weltuntergangsszenario: Zunami, Vulkane,...!
    + Sprachausgabe!

14 Stunden Spielzeit (nur Story 8-10 Stunden)
    Jetzt kommen wir zu den schlechten Eigenschaften:

- Story! Okay schön und gut durch dieses Weltuntergangsszenario, die Story ist aber dennoch sehr, sehr, sehr
    langweilig! Ich fand selbst die Story in Rise Of The Tomb Raider spannender und interessanter!
    - Zusatz Gräber/SeasonPass/DLC, grauenvoll. Die Rätsel sind gut aber dennoch Geld zu bezahlen für Gräber
    die 20-30 Mins dauern einfach schwach!!!! Bei Sales unbedingt Season Pass dazu kaufen aber sonst nicht!
    - Ende! Das ENDE ist so unbefriedigend für das ENDE der Triologie. GRAUENVOLL!
    - Zu viele nervige Passagen!
    - Story zu kurz!

Abschließend kriegt Shadow of the Tomb Raider von mir eine 8,6/10!
    Es ist bis auf ein paar negativen Sachen ein gutes Tomb Raider Spiel was aber kein gutes Ende für die Triologie ist.
    Rechnung: 10(+) x 2 + 6(-) / 3 = 8,6
  19. Apr 4, 2020
    Не смотрите на средний балл игроков. Они просто сами не знают чего хотят от серии Tomb Raider. Играйте и кайфуйте. Это хорошая игра с прекрасной атмосферой. Единственная претензия это к бездушным диалогам.
  20. Mar 5, 2020
    Good graphics
    Great sounds
    Great story
    I think it is a masterpiece
  21. Mar 4, 2020
    It's an awesome game. A worthy successor to Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    I loved the story, the environments were beautiful and there were a few side-quests to complete as well.
  22. Feb 4, 2020
    I love all 3 games from the reboots, but I think this is my favorite. I love the gameplay and story just as much, but for my taste the location, the tombs and side activites are better.
  23. Dec 31, 2019
    Assolutamente il capitolo più maturo dei tre, ambientazione di altissimo libello, animazioni e personaggi sublimi.
  24. Dec 5, 2019
    Great game! I really liked it. And many thanks for the Russian voice translation!
  25. Dec 4, 2019
    Would have paid double the price. Easy. Just like an awesome adventure movie and you are in it. Stunning graphics, "raiders of the lost ark" kinda feeling. Play this game on hard for the challenging puzzles and fights, and get a GTX980+ Graphics card, otherwise dont play it and dont complain.
    User score only around 7? Lolz, what do you expect in 2019? Holodecks? Story is far from lame, i suppose most of the - 7 and below reviewers have better imagination huh? Or maybe they just spent too much time in front of the PC so that they dont recognize premium entertainment anymore.
    Just one of the best games in this series ever played where story and the atmosphere is king. Solid 10/10
  26. Nov 16, 2019
    Всегда являлся поклонником Лары. Сюжет, графика, геймплей идеальны тут нечего говорить. В этой части Square Enix заставляют больше тебя бегать искать ресурсы, они разнообразили систему прокачки персонажа, но в то же время усложнили пути "добычи" очков для нее. В этом они стали похожи на Ubisoft, но это только улучшило игру. 10Всегда являлся поклонником Лары. Сюжет, графика, геймплей идеальны тут нечего говорить. В этой части Square Enix заставляют больше тебя бегать искать ресурсы, они разнообразили систему прокачки персонажа, но в то же время усложнили пути "добычи" очков для нее. В этом они стали похожи на Ubisoft, но это только улучшило игру. 10
  27. Nov 1, 2019
    For any fan of the rebooted Tomb Raider series, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a worthy finale to this trilogy. The game is by no means perfect and with flaws, but there is plenty done right in this entry.

Just like the previous entries, the graphics, sound design, and tombs are all incredibly well done. The tombs are especially a lot more intricate with its details and nuances this time around. Exploration is a key element as it rewards you with collectibles, consumables, and tombs/crypts. Speaking of collectibles, there is an incredible amount to find strewn about the world accompanied with little tidbits of story and lore. I will say the story isn’t as crazy and chaotic as the last games, but it was still pretty engaging.

I did have some sound and graphical issues, where the sound cuts off, or a cutscene freezes. The voice acting can, at times, be a little awkward and out of place, which I feel kills the experience a bit. The combat is standard, but the enemy A.I. is not the greatest: for the vast majority of the time, the enemy will simply come to you for easy kills.

All in all, I really enjoyed my time with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I’ve been a fan since the original title in the reboot, and I think this was a good way to send the series off. If you’re looking for a good platformer, exploration, and adventure title, make sure to pick this one up.
  28. Sep 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wery gud game ale i tak samo leprze jest dark sołls hxhrhbdbfdhxhhdbhxhxhxbzbzbbbsbzhxbdbbdjdndbdndnrbbrjfjdbdbdbdbdbbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbxbbdbxbxbxbxbdbdbdbbdbdbdbdndbdbbdhfhdhdhjdjejekejrndjkdndjxjjsjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdjdjjdjdjdjdhdhhdjdhxjdjdjdhdhhdhdhdhdhdjdjdjdj Expand
  29. Sep 8, 2019
    The best entry of a new trilogy, with old-tomb-raider vibes such as exploring forgotten ruins amid the peruvian jungle or diving in a underground lake that's full of piranhas.
  30. Aug 18, 2019
    My rating to this game is around 7 to 8. It isn't better than the previous games but it isn't bad as well. Nothing new to the table, a lot more things to do, and story meh.
  31. Jul 25, 2019
    I enjoyed the game. I thought the story wasn't that strong though and gameplay wise they didn't bring too much new on the table, but the attention to detail was incredible. The graphics were stunning and the areas were actually really fun to explore, especially the 8 challenge tombs. One problem i had with the game was the bugs, I encountered quite a few. Usually i was able to fix theseI enjoyed the game. I thought the story wasn't that strong though and gameplay wise they didn't bring too much new on the table, but the attention to detail was incredible. The graphics were stunning and the areas were actually really fun to explore, especially the 8 challenge tombs. One problem i had with the game was the bugs, I encountered quite a few. Usually i was able to fix these issues by reloading the checkpoint, but still it's a bit disappointing to see glaring glitches in such a triple A game. Still, it was a fun time, recommended. Expand
  32. Jul 22, 2019
    Not only is this the best Tomb Raider by far but its also a shining example of what a great game should be about. Think of the difference between this one and the last one as the difference between the Witcher 2 and 3, that's how major it is. Its become almost a full RPG experience now, with side quests, a sweet levelling system, craftable gear and exploration. The world is huge andNot only is this the best Tomb Raider by far but its also a shining example of what a great game should be about. Think of the difference between this one and the last one as the difference between the Witcher 2 and 3, that's how major it is. Its become almost a full RPG experience now, with side quests, a sweet levelling system, craftable gear and exploration. The world is huge and there's so much hidden treasure to find, some of it really hidden well and requiring a sharp eye to locate. The quests aren't just handed to you on a plate either, you actually have to hunt for them now. The areas are beautifully detailed and jaw dropping, to the point where if you keep stopping to admire the art work you'll never finish the dang thing.
    One of the main selling points for me is the new difficulty level. I breezed through the previous 2 titles, but this game had me scratching my head a lot, much like the original games did. More often than not you really have to look around and figure out viable ledges to grab onto, rather than it being obvious.
    The level of detail, the small things that not many people notice, are really where it shines. Laura's boot hitting a skull as she traverses a ledge, which then rolls off and bounces down into a huge pit. The wildlife, which is absolutely everything and extremely varied, all of which can be hunted for crafting materials. Some much love and care has gone into this game, it's simply incredible. For me it's Lara first true move into a full open world experience, which I always hope would happen and now it has.
    The combat is awesome too. You can approach combat situations in a variety of ways, using stealth, creating distractions, or just going in guns blazing. There's a huge amount of weapons and projectiles, like molotov, smoke grenades, fire arrows, just so much...you're really spoilt for choice.
    Unlike the last title it's not just a bunch of cut scenes and set pieces either, trying to wow you by having some long sequence where Lara falls about 300 metres, crashing through this and that, only to get up unscathed. The game is now a lot more immersive.
    I just hope this becomes the default recipe for tomb raider games now and they build and build on this formula. This is the game that Lara has deserved for many years now. A Tomb Raider for the new gaming age.
  33. Jul 17, 2019
    Its fun overall but it has too many bugs with a 50$ game.beside the final boss makes me feel disappointed
  34. Jun 3, 2019

35. Apr 30, 2019
    El juego a mi juicio, es un poco peor que los anteriores en algunos aspectos como la historia, que en este es un poco insulsa y aburrida, o la acción que es menos abundante y espectacular, pero en lo que sobresale, es en las tumbas y criptas; en esta parte, me ha parecido el mejor. Una pena ese poco equilibrio con el resto de aspectos. Tecnicamente es muy bueno, pero algo repetitivo enEl juego a mi juicio, es un poco peor que los anteriores en algunos aspectos como la historia, que en este es un poco insulsa y aburrida, o la acción que es menos abundante y espectacular, pero en lo que sobresale, es en las tumbas y criptas; en esta parte, me ha parecido el mejor. Una pena ese poco equilibrio con el resto de aspectos. Tecnicamente es muy bueno, pero algo repetitivo en tipos de escenario. En general y resumiendo no un juego de 9 o 10 como los dos anteriores pero si un 7 u 8. Expand
  36. Mar 21, 2019
    This part is reminiscent of the good old Tomb Raider, a minimum of shootouts and a maximum of riddles. Thanks so much Eidos.
  37. Mar 16, 2019
    this game is not much different in terms of mechanics from the previous one, but it somehow still manages to be better in every aspect;better graphics, better story, better chase scenes and so on... If you liked the previous two games this one will be a blast, if you didn't i still recommend you try it out, because it's much better than the previous ones (imo), overall an awesomethis game is not much different in terms of mechanics from the previous one, but it somehow still manages to be better in every aspect;better graphics, better story, better chase scenes and so on... If you liked the previous two games this one will be a blast, if you didn't i still recommend you try it out, because it's much better than the previous ones (imo), overall an awesome experience, i'm kind of sad the reboot franchise ends here, because they could've improved the mechanics further, but now they will rethink the whole mechanics for their next game, i can't wait to raid some more tombs. :) Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2019
    The focus of this work has been redirected from battle to tomb exploration.Amazing environment. Especially mind of people who likes to take screenshots will be blown.
    Better Graphics
    Better Mechanics
    Better Gameplay
    Lara is love.
  39. Feb 20, 2019
    I dont understand some people here all they want is lara with shorts and two guns, the character has evolved get over it!! The game is good, the story not so much but is fun and thats whats important.
    They made some beautiful locations and tombs, there are more of them and now you dont need to solve everything with the bow like ROTTR. Also the game is full with culture but brain dead people thinks thats boring...ok.
    Now travel is harder and settings are adjustable and dont even compare this traveling with uncharted climbing simulator 4 at least here you need to use some timing. Exploration is better and more rewarding.
    Focus on stealth is a welcome addition now Lara is not "one woman army" and theres the option to sneak through silently in some parts. In some others you will have to fight.
    On the downside there are few new characters and not all of them are interesting but also this game is focused on Lara. The sidequests are useless perhaps a little better than previous games but still not good.
    The optimization is terrible on towns and the parts where are NPCs talking it kills your framerate.
    in my opinion the 2013 reboot had the best characters and story but this one is fine, better than ROTTR and is also longer. It deserves a higher score...
  40. Jan 26, 2019
    I really liked this game. At first the graphics are awesome. It's looks even better than the Rise Of The Tomb Raider. The history is not bad. I don't recommend you to play with a controller. Using mouse and a keyboard is lot easier while aiming. I finished it about 10 hours. I think it is a good playing time for a non-open world game. The boss fight at the end is easy and if you die don'tI really liked this game. At first the graphics are awesome. It's looks even better than the Rise Of The Tomb Raider. The history is not bad. I don't recommend you to play with a controller. Using mouse and a keyboard is lot easier while aiming. I finished it about 10 hours. I think it is a good playing time for a non-open world game. The boss fight at the end is easy and if you die don't worry, game has already saved for you :D Expand
  41. Jan 22, 2019
    Esto es Tomb Raider señores, el que se alojo en mis recuerdo de la mejor parte de la saga.
  42. Jan 20, 2019
    Don't finished TR2013 because of too many shooting instead of puzzles and exploring. Sometimes I've thought of Battlefield. But this time it has good balance. More tombs. Very good graphics (artists of all sorts did a colossal work). Not cool storytelling when some heroes coming from nowhere like gods when same time Lara was on edge between life and death )
  43. Jan 13, 2019
    ИМХО это лучшая чать серии, хоть и не без проблем.

Плюсы: -Красивая графика, при хорошей, по сравнению с прошлой частью, оптимизацией (мое среднестатистическое корыто спокойно вытягивало на высоких, когда тот же Rise на средних-высоких едва выдерживал планку в 30 фпс) -Шикарный левел дизайн, хочется обследовать каждый уголок, каждой локации. -Живая Лара, за которой интересно
    ИМХО это лучшая чать серии, хоть и не без проблем.

Плюсы:
    -Шикарный левел дизайн, хочется обследовать каждый уголок, каждой локации.
    -Живая Лара, за которой интересно наблюдать. Это не вечно ноющая тряпка и первой части, это не скучная и не харизматичная телка из второй, а настоящая, живая Лара, со своим сформировавшимся характером и со своими загонами в голове. Она не играет ангела, она руководствуется своими мотивами, она достигает своей цели даже если потребуется отнять пару десятков жизней. (Но с того "брутального" момента на нефтезаводе я проорался в голосину, это было уже лишнее)
    -В этой части есть атмосфера, в понятие атмосферы я включаю музыку, освещение, левел дизайн, записки и артефакты, расширяющие лор игры. В первой части атмосферы не было совсем, во второй появился её зачаток, в Shadow у них наконец она получилось.

Минусы:
    -Не самый лучший сюжет, не то чтобы он говно, но куча непроработанных деталей в нем (жители пайтити говорят на английском, современные спутники по каким-то причинам до сих пор не обнаружили целую цивилизацию на Косумеле, перечислять всех не буду, это уже сделали вместо меня, все кому не лень) оставляют не самое приятное впечатление.
    -Не самое приятное управление, Лара так и норовит сорваться куда-нибудь (по сравнению с Rise эту проблему серьезно подправили, но не устранили полностью)
    -Почти все механики игры из прошлых частей, по геймплею создается ощущение, что играешь в крупное DLC для одной из прошлых игр, а не в новую часть серии.
    -Иона в вечной френдзоне, бесит)

Игру уже успел пройти 2 раза и крайне рекомендую поиграть вам. Не понимаю почему она так не зашла критикам (которые ставят девятки таким стремным играм как FC5, лол)

Всем добра
  44. Jan 5, 2019
    A good action adventure game, Shadow of Tomb Raider is the third part of the Tomb Raider reboot series. The focus of this work has been redirected from battle to tomb exploration. Compared with the Raise of the Tomb Raider, the game has made little progress. The half-open world still exists in this work. However, there is little progress in the quality of the graphic, the level ofA good action adventure game, Shadow of Tomb Raider is the third part of the Tomb Raider reboot series. The focus of this work has been redirected from battle to tomb exploration. Compared with the Raise of the Tomb Raider, the game has made little progress. The half-open world still exists in this work. However, there is little progress in the quality of the graphic, the level of suppression of the game is first-class, and the difficulty of solving the mystery of the tomb tends to be normal.
    Also, the existence of the branch task enriches the plot of the main line. The atmosphere rendering and design of the ancient tomb transcends the previous one. On the other hand, I have witnessed Lara's growth from a beginner to a real "Tomb Raider". She has experienced ups and downs and has become more mature than the lost Lara before. She knows what she should do and still has her own center in choosing between them. The relatively mild outcome is also in line with expectations.
  45. Dec 30, 2018
    Incredible game! I felt like I was deep in the Peruvian jungle the entire time I was playing. Would play again.
  46. Dec 29, 2018
    Самая лучшая часть Tomb Raider из трёх частей перезапуска, больше атмосферы, больше сильных моментов
  47. Dec 28, 2018
    A really good game. When i play it, I can feel the true spirit of Tomb Raider. Best in the trilogy!
  48. Dec 23, 2018
    This game looks in a new way compared to the old parts. In this game, the developers brought beautiful music and the most important atmosphere that is not possible to put into words. I advise you to play this masterpiece, but the game has a minus too weak plot.
  49. Dec 11, 2018
    I Have been playing tombraider from since the begininning, but the last 3 tombraiders where by far the best tomb games I played, especially shadow of the tombraider, what great storyline and gameplay, also the graphics was insane good on 1920x1080 ( who needs 4k:), was worth every penny. Shame is was the last in the serie, hope they will make more in the future. One negative thing is ,I Have been playing tombraider from since the begininning, but the last 3 tombraiders where by far the best tomb games I played, especially shadow of the tombraider, what great storyline and gameplay, also the graphics was insane good on 1920x1080 ( who needs 4k:), was worth every penny. Shame is was the last in the serie, hope they will make more in the future. One negative thing is , that i got my best bow at 95% for completing game, would be nice to get it a bit sooner. Expand
  50. Dec 7, 2018
    nice game for one play in the evening! not the masterpiece but nice game only shooting done very bad
  51. Dec 2, 2018
    Pontos positivos:
    - Gráficos bem bonitos para um jogo nesse estilo!
    - História interessante (mesmo com algumas coisas bizarras). - Furtividade mais elaborada que nos games anteriores. - Jogabilidade excelente. - Trilha sonora. - Segunda metade do game tem MUITA ação! Pontos negativos: - Até a metade do game é um pouco "parado", com pouca ação e muita conversa. - O sistema de
    Pontos positivos:
    - Gráficos bem bonitos para um jogo nesse estilo!
    - História interessante (mesmo com algumas coisas bizarras).
    - Furtividade mais elaborada que nos games anteriores.
    - Jogabilidade excelente.
    - Trilha sonora.
    - Segunda metade do game tem MUITA ação!

Pontos negativos:
    - Até a metade do game é um pouco "parado", com pouca ação e muita conversa.
    - O sistema de habilidades da Lara poderia ser melhor. Antes da metade do jogo provavelmente você já upou tudo que é realmente importante e que faz alguma diferença.

Conclusão:
    Aqui temos uma Lara mais madura, é quase uma máquina de matar, não é a mesma menininha do primeiro game. Inclusive em determinada parte do jogo você irá se sentir o Rambo!! A furtividade foi mais explorada, agora é possível atacar os inimigos de diversas maneiras diferentes sem ser notado. A história é realmente interessante, apesar de você sentir algumas vezes que estão "enrolando" um pouco demais... Claro que não é um jogo perfeito, mas está na lista de obrigatórios de 2018!
  52. Nov 29, 2018
    An untapped and inconsistent story, with a somewhat irregular rhythm.
    Secondary missions are very monotonous.
    The closure of the trilogy seems right to me, as well as the mapping. While the gameplay is identical to the two previous installments, in this third installment I have noticed it much worse: the finishing is bad, as if it was not polished. The parts of action and shootings
    An untapped and inconsistent story, with a somewhat irregular rhythm.
    Secondary missions are very monotonous.
    The closure of the trilogy seems right to me, as well as the mapping.

The parts of action and shootings (and gunplay) I did not like it at all.
    I liked the puzzles and puzzles, they are mostly interesting.
    The great importance that has been given to the exploration in this installment allows us to see the Tomb Raider closer to the classics of this new trilogy.
  53. Nov 20, 2018
    Good game, nice graphics, nice audio, good voice acting and facial animations

Enjoyable
  54. Nov 2, 2018
    muy buen juego y acorde a los otros 2 anteriores , muy buenos graficos muy jugable y buenos dialogos al castellano , es algo mas de aventuras y puzzles que los anteriores pero aun asi muy buen juego
  55. Oct 26, 2018
    This was a blast! The storyline worked very well, tombs were amazing, loved more water and underwater stuff. Just great fun.
  56. Oct 26, 2018
    i like the whole tomb raider series a lot. this game is no exception. i found the end a little underwhelming but liked it a lot overall. only uncharted 4 on the ps4 is a better adventure game.
  57. Oct 19, 2018
    For me it's the best one in the new trilogy.
    They used their experience gained in development of first and second game and created third one. I don't understand why it's for a lot of people 6-7/10. I expected that it will be another game for people who loved rise of the tomb raider and it's exactly game for such people.
    I had a great time with this game 10/10, better than action movies
    For me it's the best one in the new trilogy.
    I had a great time with this game 10/10, better than action movies in a cinema. I think it's not Uncharted 4, but it's close, really close to Naughty Dog games.
    And the story is surprising for lara's fanbase. Maybe that's why people don't accept it.
  58. CSG
    Oct 7, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have attained 100% completion in the Deadly Obsession difficulty.
    And with that I want to give my take on the game.

Generally I think it is a good game. I enjoyed playing it. I feel there are certain aspects that can be improved. I would recommend the game but I also have suggestions on approaching the game.

I don’t have any problems with the storyline. It’s not cluttered, not confusing and not too lengthy. It was well thought out. I did not have to play the first two games to figure out what is going on. Generally satisfying storyline with good buildup, good flow and good ending.

The characters complement the storyline. Lara is not straight up full of conviction. She doubts herself and is somewhat conflicted. Those traits do make her more relatable and endearing. We also see multi-dimension in the antagonist Dominguez. He has Paititi’s interest at heart, just his methods are too extreme. It was saddening when Unuratu died. It was particularly heartbreaking when Jonah was supposedly killed.

The character animation is top notch. Lara is beautiful. Jonah wouldn’t be as lovable if he doesn’t look the way he does. Characters aside, the environments depicted are also breathtaking. From the lush jungles to the lively towns and cities to the dark and appropriately claustrophobic caves and tombs, everything was meticulously detailed. I love it.

Exploration in the game is really fun. Lara has the skill set befitting of a tomb raider. What spoils the fun is how inconsistent the game behaves when Lara is executing these moves. One moment she can do it. Reload the game, do the exact same thing and this time she falls to her demise. The inconsistencies and luck factor have to be removed. Apart from all that, I think the game excels in allowing me to live out my fantasy of venturing into caves and tombs; something I consider too dangerous to do in real life.

I generally dread combat in the game. In the Deadly Obsession difficulty, the best, if not the only approach towards combat is stealth. Sadly, stealth, like exploration, is inconsistent and therefore unreliable. It is not broken because you can eventually stealth your way to victory. For the number of tries you need to succeed, you could actually be doing the same things. Just the outcomes are different and you would be wondering why. Stealth could be improved to be more robust to improve the overall combat experience. As for the fights that provide no option to go stealth, I would say I am not a big fan of the idea of Rambo Lara singlehandedly going up against military trained Trinity soldiers or even the Yaaxil.

With how dreadful combat is, I do enjoy the missions and tombs where no combat is involved. The challenge tombs are so fun and challenging. The puzzles are very well thought out and executed.

I do not recommend the Deadly Obsession difficulty. What makes the difficulty broken is the fact that the game only saves at base camps. I wasted a lot of time getting to the hard parts rather than dealing with the hard parts. Using time wastage to achieve a certain level of difficult is a terrible idea. I don’t understand how game developers can confuse challenging with time consuming.

That’s my review. Let me know what you think. I welcome different perspectives.
  59. Oct 7, 2018
    Puntos positivos:
    -Gráficamente esta muy cuidado, lo empecé en PS4PRO y lo cambie por la versión de PC, están a años luz, si podéis jugarlo en PC, tiempos de carga y gráficos a otro nivel.
    -El Gunplay aunque hay poco se siente bastante bien, -Los paisajes te enamoran -La mecánica del barro es bastante innovadora -Duración, solo la historia me ha durado 16 horas, para mi una duración
    Puntos positivos:
    -El Gunplay aunque hay poco se siente bastante bien,
    -Los paisajes te enamoran
    -La mecánica del barro es bastante innovadora
    -Duración, solo la historia me ha durado 16 horas, para mi una duración perfecta en este tipo de juegos.

Puntos Negativos
    -El guión esta muy mal escrito, hay lagunas por todos lados
    -Lara no muestra un ápice de sentimiento hacia los demás, solo busca sus intereses, te hace perder inmersión en la historia y en el personaje
    -Algunos bugs, que en sandbox los podemos perdonar, pero en un juego tan "lineal" deberia estar mas cuidado. pero nada preocupante
  60. Oct 5, 2018
    best one of the reboot trilogy and here's why..
    less QTE parts than before
    kept the crafting elements
    kept the upgrading (perks)
    better story than the second one
    more mandatory puzzle elements
    and yes, ok it's similar to the other two, but the formula was working (and actually they improved on it here) and why would you break something that works.
    highly recommended
  61. Oct 5, 2018
    Played through the game on a 1070TI with utlrawide high refresh rate monitor - using an XBOX controller. Graphics are stunning - some of the best I have seen in places.
    Sound as well is great - with guns sounding much better than the last 2 games in the series.
    I played through the game in 11 hours - and I found it enjoyable. Some truly great moments. This said - it is not perfect -
    I played through the game in 11 hours - and I found it enjoyable.
    Some truly great moments.
    This said - it is not perfect
    - Very easy - a bit too easy in places.
    - Very limited interactivity for a lot of the game. Ie. HEAPS of cutscenes (more than the last 2), and sections where you are just pressing "up" for example to climb through a tight area.
    - Extremely linear (by design) - not much in the way of exploration
    - Story is not great. (similar to the last 2)

Overall - Pros exceeded the Cons for me - and I consider it a good experience worth having
  62. Oct 1, 2018
    This was by far the best of the three origin games. The location was FINALLY amazing, story was engaging, Lara was likable, gameplay was solid, and combat was a blast. Also, the lighting was incredible and graphics were tops. My only gripe was that sometimes, during the scripted moments, you'd go to jump, in an epic fashion, to the next section, hit the button at the right time and you'dThis was by far the best of the three origin games. The location was FINALLY amazing, story was engaging, Lara was likable, gameplay was solid, and combat was a blast. Also, the lighting was incredible and graphics were tops. My only gripe was that sometimes, during the scripted moments, you'd go to jump, in an epic fashion, to the next section, hit the button at the right time and you'd miss and die. Then you'd proceed to do the same move two more times and on the third try, it actually registered you were doing the right thing and you could move on. Minor annoyance but it did nothing to blemish an otherwise fantastic game. Going back for seconds in NG+!! Expand
  63. Sep 30, 2018
  64. Sep 26, 2018
    Pros: One of the most beautiful games I've ever played, fabulous tombs, lots to explore.

Cons: I considered stopping playing during the first 10% of the game, because I could hardly progress without there being a cutscene or a severe lack of exploration due to pre-determined bouts of action that felt like interactive cutscenes anyway. People want to explore and shoot things- I don't think many actually care about the rather generic story so much as to be subjected to hours of cutscenes. Cut back the cutscenes!
  65. Sep 22, 2018
    I have loved Tomb Raider from its very first game ever all the way up until Rise, and Shadow continues that trend. This is an absolutely gorgeous and immersive game through and through.
    The graphics are some of the best I have ever seen, with so much detail in the environments that it hurts. NPC models could have been improved, but I have yet to see a single video game ever that gives NPC models the same care as player models.
    Gameplay and exploration are classic modern Tomb Raider fun, with extra finesse and polish thrown in for good measure. The tombs and combat have all received a minor flourish in quality and execution overall, and I rarely found myself bored.
    The story is more engaging this time around for me, compared to Rise. I was genuinely invested and noticed a lot of subtleties taken to build the world and Lara's character even more. I really loved the young Lara flashback, that was such a refreshing little addition.
    With Shadow being such a stunning and immersive game, that also means the minor quirks stick out more. Some character and environmental animations can be wonky/glitchy, and Lara moves around a bit too floaty for my taste (that's been a minor issue I've had with this whole trilogy). Also, some traversal glitches pop up every now and then that can be weird and cheap looking, and sometimes resulted in messing up my progress.
    Beyond that, I loved the steps taken to make this feel more connected to classic Tomb Raider, with memorable tombs, engaging puzzles, brutal deathtraps with specific death animations, and lots of open exploration.
    Overall, this is a fantastic game. I wish player reviews would be a bit more graceful, as I can tell people want to crap on this game just because it's the third in a line of quite similar, yet super successful games. It really is a step up from Rise (which was still a great game) and takes us back to a lot more of what the Tomb Raider series is about.
  66. Sep 22, 2018
    The best way to understand why this game is 8/10 is to count the burned money on graphics and new RTX feature. Yes, they didn't have many more dollars for the story or gameplay, so they used the old set up. It's the same game, with a mediocre story but with better graphics and lighting. People get mad because hardcore players want new gameplay and breathtaking story. No, this is not gameThe best way to understand why this game is 8/10 is to count the burned money on graphics and new RTX feature. Yes, they didn't have many more dollars for the story or gameplay, so they used the old set up. It's the same game, with a mediocre story but with better graphics and lighting. People get mad because hardcore players want new gameplay and breathtaking story. No, this is not game for hardcore, this is 8/10 game for casual players. Don't blame the game for being a great equivalent to a movie on your couch. Oh yes, we are playing on PC, then on your chair. Sometimes you don't know what you bought. If you want to relax, listen to Lara's voice and run around killing some random people, yes, this is it with beautiful graphics. Do you want awesome story and gameplay of your dreams? Don't buy it, wait for your holy grail, I heard it will be released in 2 years from now. And don't lie to ppl, it's not a bad game. It knows what it is and is good at it. Oh, and it won't be a threat for uncharted for 3 more episodes. However, it's great entertainment, better than the live-action movie with Lara (the new one). Expand
  67. Sep 17, 2018
    lots of fun to play, great graphics. And the story and side mission content is great, some of the puzzles i would have missed if i didnt do side missions where really cool. if your a fan defiantly get this one.
  68. Sep 17, 2018
    I think this game is so beautiful, the graphic is better than the last, this game is more difficult it, means i need more brain to complete this game, and that is why i very like it
  69. Sep 16, 2018
    If you played the first two games you will love this game. Same great gameplay and the visuals are stunning. There are some added gameplay elements however it plays pretty much the same as the other games. There are a lot more tombs and they are very challenging. The stealth is also better and more diverse. Past criticisms were that there were not many tombs and this version has a lotIf you played the first two games you will love this game. Same great gameplay and the visuals are stunning. There are some added gameplay elements however it plays pretty much the same as the other games. There are a lot more tombs and they are very challenging. The stealth is also better and more diverse. Past criticisms were that there were not many tombs and this version has a lot of them. A definite must buy for tomb raider fans. Do not go by reviews just play it yourself.. IGN gave it a 9 and GameSpot gave it a 6. Obviously, there is no science to the reviews so decide for yourself It seems obvious that reviewers are no more qualified than you to judge how good a game is. Expand
  70. Sep 16, 2018
    Graphics in this game look absolutely amazing. Unreal engine 4 level or better. Very smooth, fluid gameplay. Predictable story, mediocre dialogue but great fun nevertheless. If you don't like this game get a different hobby cause it doesn't get much better than this.
  71. Sep 16, 2018
    The first thing that I can say without a shadow of doubt is that this is one of if not the most impressive games graphically I have ever played. The scenery’s are stunning, and the jungle feels alive around you. I often find myself just admiring the view everywhere I go. Gameplay wise It is very similar to the previous two games. There is a much bigger focus on exploration in this entryThe first thing that I can say without a shadow of doubt is that this is one of if not the most impressive games graphically I have ever played. The scenery’s are stunning, and the jungle feels alive around you. I often find myself just admiring the view everywhere I go. Gameplay wise It is very similar to the previous two games. There is a much bigger focus on exploration in this entry and the tombs are bigger and much better designed. If you don’t like the survival instincts highlighting all the walls you can climb then I’m pretty sure you can make the difficulty harder to turn those off. The game itself is massive as well. The story is massively over the top but very very enjoyable and feels very high stakes. There was one particular moment early in the game after Lara sets off a series of events that actually shocked me. I won’t spoil it but It definitely shocked me and I wasn’t expecting it. Lara’s buddy Jonah plays a much bigger role in this game but is still pretty much Lara’s side kick. But I must say that I found his voice actor does a great job this time around and Camilla Luddington again does a great job as the voice of Lara. I honestly can’t recommend this game enough. A must buy especially if you enjoyed the previous two. I’m hoping that this is not the end of these amazing games and that another will be made in the future. Expand
  72. Sep 16, 2018
    beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful .
  73. Sep 15, 2018
    Not what I was expecting. Far more emphasis on exploration and puzzle solving than previous instalments. Combat is sparse and far more tactical than before.
    After an explosive start, the game seems to slow down. however, it's just the calm before the storm.
    Although it doesn't divert much from the previous games mechanically, it does feel different. If you didn't like the previous
    If you didn't like the previous games, this won't change your mind. However, if the new Tomb Raider series is your bag, you'll have a blast.
  74. Sep 15, 2018
    On one hand the more of the same if you look at the last two games (especially the Rise of Tomb Raider) but on the other it's really fun to play and they improved on puzzles.

One downside for me though... It may be just me but the camera angles are a bit wonky sometimes.
    Other than that, a very good game.

PS: Sound track is in lousy mp3 format and that is just unforgivable... :(
  75. Sep 14, 2018
    I don't like the reboot trilogy for reasons I'll explain shortly, but I can't NOT recommend the game. Technically it's competent, looks beautiful, has great combat (the best the series has seen so far)... The technical side of things is not the issue - it's the atrocious writing the entire trilogy has brought with it. Crystal Dynamics had a wonderful opportunity to show us how LaraI don't like the reboot trilogy for reasons I'll explain shortly, but I can't NOT recommend the game. Technically it's competent, looks beautiful, has great combat (the best the series has seen so far)... The technical side of things is not the issue - it's the atrocious writing the entire trilogy has brought with it. Crystal Dynamics had a wonderful opportunity to show us how Lara progressed from the whiny emo kid in the first game to the cool tomb raider we all know and love from the original games. Except she's still a whiny emo kid and no character development took place. Everything regarding the writing is inconsistent. Side characters are worthless as usual and the writers of these games should all be fired.

The name of this game is truly appropriate - it feels like a mere shadow of what Tomb Raider once was. The franchise used to set new trends, it was innovative and revolutionary and showed us that 3D platformers can truly deliver a blockbuster experience comparable with the action movies you'd see in the cinema. Tomb Raider today is a desperate trend chaser that's been left in the dust, because everything it does has already been done better by somebody else.

Uncharted made popular the epic movie-like gameplay, so let's have it. Assassin's Creed gave us an open world filled with collectibles, so let's include it too. Batman Arkham series had stealthy combat and metroidvania elements where obtaining new gadgets unlocks new areas - let's throw it in. And of course let's have some lite RPG elements and crafting because everyone is doing that. Just like an amateur manga artist who only copies surface elements of the medium without realizing it's more than just big eyes and spiky hair, Tomb Raider reboot also completely missed the point.

Uncharted would be a painfully average series with pretty graphics if it wasn't for the brilliant writing and the fantastic character of Nathan Drake. Nathan goes from a selfish douche in U1 to a middle aged family man in U4, and it's perfect! He's always charming, he's funny, he truly is the perfect hero. Lara on the other hand? She cries. She yells. She broods. And she always takes everything so, so seriously. She's so unlikable it hurts.

Likewise, Assassin's Creed is not popular because it has treasures to collect. It's popular because of its interesting characters and elements that connect all the games. There's no sense of connection in the reboot TR "trilogy". Take away the few mentions of Trinity and there's nothing left to even hint at this being a continuation of the previous games.

Bottom line: if you just want gameplay and you have no emotional attachment to the series and the character of Lara, go ahead and buy it. You'll probably love it. If you DO care about the story in your games and you're an old school TR fan, you'll be bitterly disappointed. The game's also extremely short and you'll complete it in about 14 hours. That seems to be a standard for AAA gaming nowadays, though. It's all about the shiny graphics, but there's nothing of substance. Truly sad.
  76. Sep 14, 2018
    La continuación de Tomb Raider es un buen juego. Esta vez busca diferenciarse más de la saga de Uncharted de la cual esta estigmatizada con su primer juego del 2013. En esta ocasión la bella Lara Croft es más letal mostrando como se convierte en la heroína que se recuerda de los juegos de hace veinte años. Aunque, la aventura se desarrolla en Latinoamérica. Que es una forma de rememorar loLa continuación de Tomb Raider es un buen juego. Esta vez busca diferenciarse más de la saga de Uncharted de la cual esta estigmatizada con su primer juego del 2013. En esta ocasión la bella Lara Croft es más letal mostrando como se convierte en la heroína que se recuerda de los juegos de hace veinte años. Aunque, la aventura se desarrolla en Latinoamérica. Que es una forma de rememorar lo de las primeras aventuras de la Lara Croft clásica. Se observa que hay NPC´s que hablan en idioma de la región, ya sea castellano o quechua por ejemplo. Otro aspecto que resalta más es la opción de ajustar la dificultad de la historia, los puzles, los enfrentamientos, y la exploración. Esto hace que el juego pueda ser más versátil.

En la jugabilidad se prioriza el sigilo. Aunque, pudo mejorar en las misiones secundarias y no poner las misiones de recadero, pero es un placer jugar con Lara.

In English
    The continuation of Tomb Raider is a good game. This time it seeks to differentiate itself from the Uncharted saga of which it is stigmatized with its first game of 2013. This time the beautiful Lara Croft is more lethal showing how she becomes the heroine that is remembered from the games of twenty years ago. Although, the adventure takes place in Latin America. This is a way of recalling the first adventures of the classic Lara Croft. It is observed that there are NPCs that speak in the language of the region, be it Spanish or Quechua for example. Another aspect that stands out more is the option to adjust the difficulty of the story, the puzzles, the confrontations, and the exploration. This makes the game more versatile.

In the gameplay, stealth is prioritized. Although, it could improve in the secondary missions and not to put the missions of messenger, but it is a pleasure to play with Lara.
  77. Sep 14, 2018
    Best of the trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  78. Sep 14, 2018
    This game is even better than Rise and TRreboot
    if you're a fan of the previous two games than this game is for you
    There is alot of tomb raiding in this game, why? because its Tomb Raider
    not Call of Raider :p
  79. Sep 14, 2018
    i'm Fan of this game series and it's not make me disappointed at all . shadow of tomb rider is one of the best game in 2018 and i think it's better than previous version not only Graphic but also game play and story ! BEST !!!!!!!!!!!
  80. Sep 14, 2018
    This is the best Tomb Raider game in the reboot trilogy and, all things considered, the best Tomb Raider game ever. Every fan of the old-school games and the previous recent games will have minor gripes, but they have done a fantastic job of making a modern Tomb Raider game while listening to the fans' complaints over the last few years. More tombs, more "supernatural" elements, moreThis is the best Tomb Raider game in the reboot trilogy and, all things considered, the best Tomb Raider game ever. Every fan of the old-school games and the previous recent games will have minor gripes, but they have done a fantastic job of making a modern Tomb Raider game while listening to the fans' complaints over the last few years. More tombs, more "supernatural" elements, more puzzles, tombs and exploration, with adjustable difficulty. The platforming still isn't quite as deadly as the 90's games, and even with puzzle and traversal difficulties on the hardest setting Lara still yells out a few too many hints, and the tutorial icons still remind you when you can do special moves like repelling. But those are small complaints. Everything about this game is lots of fun, from the pulpy, but satisfying, plot to poison arrows that make enemies turn on each other. I hope now that Lara is a proper tomb raider the next game brings a few more supernatural elements like dagger that turn men into giant dragons and statues that come alive when you least expect it. Lara could also do with a little of that James Bond feel she used to have. But seeing as I gave TR 2013 an 8, and Rise a 9, this one is a 10 even though there is a little room for improvement still. I'm glad I got it 2 days early on Stream. I do still have some puzzle tombs and side quests to finish. Then I can look forward to the season pass DLC coming over the next few months. Expand
  81. Sep 14, 2018
    I pre-purchased this game to get early access and within no time at all it became obvious why game journalists didn't like this game despite the fact the fact there is no reason why this should be considered worse than the previous two. Let's see, you've got: brutal killing of wild animals, cultural appropriation, stereotypical portrayal of natives, a woman lead with daddy issues, and ofI pre-purchased this game to get early access and within no time at all it became obvious why game journalists didn't like this game despite the fact the fact there is no reason why this should be considered worse than the previous two. Let's see, you've got: brutal killing of wild animals, cultural appropriation, stereotypical portrayal of natives, a woman lead with daddy issues, and of course the most controversial butt in the history of butts-- it's all there. And this was a game that originally tried to pander to feminists by making Lara Croft less sexual and more human. So now you've angered the side of the political spectrum you originally tried to appease, while simultaneously having angered the other side for ever giving into their demands in the first place. So essentially, thanks to politics we already have a game that everybody hates. If this game ends up being a massive flop, which is seeming likely at this point, let this be a lesson to game developers not to try to gain favor with certain political groups. Stick to keeping the game fun, and staying faithful to the series.

Anyway, the game is really good, and it sucks that politics may have killed it. Since PC gamers build PCs to get better graphics than console gamers, let's start with that. Honestly, it took me ages of tweaking this game to really figure out how to get the best mix of quality and performance. First of all, there is something you may want to do. Go into task manager and set CPU priority to high. Like magic, the stuttering in the game will stop and you'll get a huge fps boost. This is the only game I've had to do this on, and it's really annoying that the stuttering issue is even there. You'll have to do this every time you open the game, unfortunately. People with 8-core CPUs may not have this issue, but I'm using an i5 7600. So, you'll probably notice upon starting this game that it's crushing your hardware. I'm using a 980 ti(pretty comparable to a 1070), and it's pushing it to the limit. This is not due to poor optimization, it's due to the fact that this is a really graphically demanding game and they made the game with 4k/30fps in mind, clearly. They also clearly intended to take advantage of it's unique antialiasing. It's not hard to get a playable 30 fps in 4k on my hardware. I can't use max settings(some of the stuff murders frame-rate), but I can get close to it. But obviously PC gamers want 60 fps, right? This seems problematic at first, even if the game is running at a stable 60 fps in some parts, it will plummet in other parts. Luckily, the Tomb Raider games have this amazing feature that I wish every game had where the game will adjust it's resolution to the size of the window in window mode, and to make it even easier, you can scale the resolution down in window mode easily. And this Tomb Raider also has some amazing high-level AA that will make even low resolutions look better. What I did was used SMAATX2 and reduced the height of my screen. Reducing the height will put it into ultra-wide screen mode. You'd be amazed how good the frame-rate is in ultra-wide screen(3840x720 has about the same frame-rate as 1920x1080). And the smaller screen size on your monitor will make the lower resolution easier on your eyes. The ultra-aggressive AA can make the lower resolution tolerable. Get the screen to the size you want and use the resolution modifier until eventually you get a solid 60 fps. Like I said, I got something great on an i5 and a 980 ti, though there is no way for me to actually know what the resolution was. In 60 fps, ultra-wide screen, with the fancy AA, this is probably the best looking game on the PC, surpassing even Quantum Break. In 4k/30 fps, it surpasses even God of War on the PS4 Pro, even if that game has more impressive lighting effects. And if you have a PC that can do 4k with SMAAx4 and ultra-settings then it will look even better, but I was getting like 17 fps with those settings. At least the game is future-proof. If you want 1080p/144 fps/max settings, then GL w/ that.

So all I've talked about is politics and graphics so far and I'm reaching the character limit. So, how is the gameplay? Basically, you should listen to the positive reviews and not the lower reviews from people who are most likely just mad over the size of Lara's butt/breasts. The game gives the fans what they wanted, mainly more puzzles and less combat, and vastly improved stealth. I really hate the stealth in Uncharted(and in general), but I like this. They cut back on open world elements a bit too, since people complained. Frankly, I wish they hadn't, but oh well. As for the plot, it keeps the game flowing, but it's nothing to write home about...and I'm out of space. So, yeah, if you like the other TRs and you have a pretty powerful PC and you're not too bent out of shape about the politics just get it. Personally, I love it, and I'm sad it may end
  82. Sep 14, 2018

83. Sep 14, 2018
    The trilogy started good, and ended great. Shadow is the best entry in the rebooted trilogy, ending on a really high note. Fun and engaging content is granted, with a rollercoaster of emotions from beginning to end. Improves on everything from the previous entry, with a nice balance of old (from the classic Tomb Raider games) and new, with some nice easter eggs to older fans along the way. A must!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Nov 21, 2018
    Lara’s new adventure is definitely the best in trilogy, but it still lags behind the leaders of action-adventure genre, such as Uncharted 4. [Issue #233, p.44]
  2. Oct 11, 2018
    Tomb Raider was personal because it was personal. But now it’s come full circle to yet another vapid videogame character muddling through bad writing, rote familiar gameplay, and fewer features than the last time. Wake me when the next reboot is here.
  3. Oct 9, 2018
    The new Tomb Raider shows Lara Croft as an empty character that has nothing inside.