8.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 14, 2016
    Game looks amazing I would recomend to anybody even if you may not like shooters because its so much more! You can wield a variety of swords and guns. It is a reboot of a 90s pc game that blends the best of old genres on better hardware. Even the first game was great from 2013, this one just became a low key, goty possibly. So first off... Graphics are great! Very high fps! Funny, crudeGame looks amazing I would recomend to anybody even if you may not like shooters because its so much more! You can wield a variety of swords and guns. It is a reboot of a 90s pc game that blends the best of old genres on better hardware. Even the first game was great from 2013, this one just became a low key, goty possibly. So first off... Graphics are great! Very high fps! Funny, crude humor that most video games dont use! Demons! Rpg! Good music! Story is ok! Acting is good! Crafting! Variety of landscape! Unigue guns and weapons! Bright colors! Powers! 2-4 player Co-op! And best of all the gameplay is so fun and fluid, switching between favorites in your arsenal is very fast and combat is an over the top rampage that doesnt get boring or repetive. This is a fast paced, action-packed revenge mission with a badass protaganist. Lo Wang. Expand
  2. Oct 19, 2017
    So at first i didnt really care about this game but then thought to give it a try beucase i had some free time and omg this game is fun as hell but with friends on co op basiclly its borderlands 2 combined with doom but with japanies history you have a lot of weapons you can choose and find or get from missions , the world it self is kind of little and not big as a borderlands map but youSo at first i didnt really care about this game but then thought to give it a try beucase i had some free time and omg this game is fun as hell but with friends on co op basiclly its borderlands 2 combined with doom but with japanies history you have a lot of weapons you can choose and find or get from missions , the world it self is kind of little and not big as a borderlands map but you wont mind it because what you will be doing is cutting demons and yakuza with your friends i recommend this game but only in co op playing this game alone is really boring and gets on your nerves

pros-
    -good story
    - co op
    -nice graphics
    - a lot of weapons
    cons-
    -really boring to play alone
    -no after game missions (extra missions)
    -ends kinda quick (10 hours i think)

i give this game a 7.5/10
  3. Nov 18, 2017
    Shadow Warrior 2's enjoyable combat and RPG elements are too often drowned in a mixture of graphically terrible color arrangement, inefficient UI design, repetitive missions and a disappointing story full of stale dick jokes.
  4. Oct 21, 2016
    Take the combat system from the first game. Improve the gunplay and add more weapons. Ruin the level design and enemy balancing. Inject a slew of technical problems. Become Borderlands. Shadow Warrior 2, ladies and gents!
  5. Nov 15, 2016
    There's a mix of good and bad idea. I wanted a sequel to the 2013 reboot with the same frantic action but better level design, with more branching and or open area, that reward exploration. Maybe with faster movement. It's like a lazy genie half-assed my whish.

Faster Movement ? Check. Less cramped level ? Check. Still awesome dev ? Check. No DRM ? Check. But.... Some level are just,

Some level are just, but just boring open space with nothing to do or nothing to explore, and nothing that will make your jaw drop because of the design. Enemies are sparse and after defeating a group of them, you sometime walk for way too long in an empty area waiting for the next ones to comes at you. The game throw at you a tons of customization menu but that distract you from the core of the game. Too much isn't always better, folks. I want a shadow warrior were I shoot stuff in the face, not one were I spend 5 minute navigating tedious menu to min-max a weapon with mods.

Weapons are hit and miss and sometime feels like peashooters (both in sound and damage), at least until you upgrade them. Monsters are now getting the borderland/AARPG treatment with floating number, suffix and affix, which I'm not really fond of but heh. Technically the game runs very well but also feel less impressive visually than the last one.

Pleasant game overall. Not the GOTY I was expecting but definitely worth the price if you're craving for a FPS.
  6. Oct 22, 2016
    Don't really get the high review scores. As for a FPS, it's pretty uninspiring. The missions get repetitive quickly which also reflect the map design levels. At the beginning Lo Wang's quirky dialogue is funny but it gets repetitive and dull afterwards. If you enjoy mindless shooting of hordes of baddies in arena like maps, this game is for you. Co-op is a plus though.
  7. Jan 9, 2017
    Tedious gameplay all the way. The game looks very good and the graphics are ok, but it lacks good music and the combat overall has terrible mechanics, add that a poorly made voice acting and you have shadow warrior 2.
    One of the reasons I didn't enjoy this game is because the lack of ammo, I mean, give me some **** ammo!! It is a FPS how can they don't give players ammo! there's a level that enemies never drop ammo, so I have to use the swords wich are pretty bad overall, the swords doesn't make enough damage even with the upgrades, what a **** **** The weapons are not well implemented, most of the pistols are barely useless, there's no point in giving players a gun wich is not effective!! what the **** where they thinking? The old original shadow warrior is a classic, and a great fps, but the legacy is not well implemented in Shadow warrior 2. The missions are confusing and the whole argument makes no sense, hope they do a better job with Shadow warrior 3
  8. Oct 21, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is a game that excelled with its combat that paired up with a raunchy set of humor for a ride that despite its numerous shortcomings was an enjoyable game. The majority of my enjoyment stemmed from the fast paced and visceral combat as I sliced my way through robots, demons, and the Yakuza in their multitude of forms. You'd think everything is fine then, but outside theShadow Warrior 2 is a game that excelled with its combat that paired up with a raunchy set of humor for a ride that despite its numerous shortcomings was an enjoyable game. The majority of my enjoyment stemmed from the fast paced and visceral combat as I sliced my way through robots, demons, and the Yakuza in their multitude of forms. You'd think everything is fine then, but outside the combat and the accompanied visuals everything was just lackluster at the best of times.

Each character in the game struggled to be anything more than two dimensional. Unlike the first game no one had any character development, Wang himself has seemingly reverted back to how he was before the beginning of the first game dropping only raunchy jokes and arguing with Kamiko. To the games credit the jokes were enjoyable from start to finish, but a poor substitute for actual character development.

Resting solely on virtue signally the story never warms up nor is remember able for anything other than the women are all victims of men, and a bad cliff hanger that the game itself explained would be an extremely bad idea but is done because, you go girl.

Gorgeous looking yet shallow levels plague the game as well. Procedurally generation with only a handful of set pieces means you will within 4-5 missions have seen most of what is to be seen. Fortunately the game focuses on combat and fills these levels with respawning but a lovely variety of enemies that you'll have a workable slew of weapons and powers to slice, dice and murder the hell out of with.

The Good
    -Fast Paced Combat
    -Plenty of enemies to fight
    -Useful Powers
    -All play styles are plausible
    -Best Menu Music Ever
    -Good Sound Track
    -Visuals (not counting levels)
    -No Denuvo

The Bad
    -Game is easy even on Insane
    -No replay value
    -Bad Multiplayer connectivity (as of review)
    -Virtue signaling story
    -horrible cliff hanger ending
    -Procedurally generated levels have no staying power and become incredibly dull fast
    -Lack luster boss
    -Bullet sponge enhanced (read larger) enemies
    -Random Spawning enemies during a fight
    -Cheap Deaths
    -Have to read the lore to find out what happened (I like lore but forcing everyone to do so in order to know what is going on is a negative)
  9. Oct 14, 2016
    Fantastic optimization. Excellent meat grinder, helps to relax after a hard day at work, just sit down and chop demons heads, with classic Wang jokes. The graphics are palin awesome. Love the special enemies and all the possible loadouts you can have, If you want to be Tanky or go for full on guns or melee.
  10. Oct 14, 2016
    Probably game of the year! Amazing visuals, incredible audio, solid story, ridiculous amount of weapons and gems. Optimization is really nice. Comparing to SW1 levels are much more open and none linear.
  11. Oct 14, 2016
    Mükemmel optimizasyona sahip olmak bi oyun için kafadan +5 puandır benim için Oynanış ve grafik için ise
    verebileceğim puan 3 naptı toplamda 8 ve gelelim hikaye ve vahşetlik tadına oda 2 puan. naptı 10 puan sonra çarpın 4 le 40 MHP nin 40. yılı kutlu olsun :D:D:D:D:D asdasdasdasd
  12. Oct 13, 2016
    my honest opinion of this game, it's superb, the level design, the gameplay, the music, all feels authentic and natural like i am inside a ninja movie from the 80s, the intro is great, flying wild hog are really quality developers and i recommend everyone who likes a shoot em up style with swords and guns to get this game, graphics are superb here, everything is brimming with life on themy honest opinion of this game, it's superb, the level design, the gameplay, the music, all feels authentic and natural like i am inside a ninja movie from the 80s, the intro is great, flying wild hog are really quality developers and i recommend everyone who likes a shoot em up style with swords and guns to get this game, graphics are superb here, everything is brimming with life on the scene, from the temples, the outside locations, this game is one of the few quality games we got this year the others are: doom, ROTR, Deus Ex, hopefully we get more devs like flying wild hog to give us quality games from now on. Expand
  13. Oct 14, 2016
    Great Game Thank you Flying Wild Hog 10 10 10 10 /Amazing optimization Amazing gameplay The best game of the year 2016 The best . I recomanded to buy this game to evryoane Guys its great game BUY IT NOW!!!!!
  14. Oct 17, 2016
    1. soundtrack, he is very good in the game
    2. good optimization, so many games published this year with poor optimization
    that I did not believe in miracles
    3. nice price.
    4. coop
  15. Oct 15, 2016
    It's just as good as I wanted! Enjoyable killing spree, rescuing the world with plain sense of humor. The best katana and chainsaw simulator that was ever made :)
  16. Nov 23, 2016
    It's an ok game but as of Nov 2016 there are still some bugs. Definitely not worth its full price of £35. Visually too busy with too many weapon upgrades that are hard to track.
  17. Oct 22, 2016
    Actually really really good, and dismemberment and gore all over! Still keeping up a lot of the cheesy 'humor' from the earlier ones.
    Borderlands loot mechanic can be a hit or miss depending on your own opinion!
    New patch split the community from hating the changes to liking them. I'm neutral so far.

I only used ranged weapons 3 times by now.. sword-fighting is a lot more fun!
  18. Oct 13, 2016
    O jogo está sensacional, recomendo demais!!!O jogo está sensacional, recomendo demais!!!O jogo está sensacional, recomendo demais!!!O jogo está sensacional, recomendo demais!!!O jogo está sensacional, recomendo demais!!!
  19. Oct 14, 2016
    Amazing Game.
    Hardcore but stll funny to play.
    hundreds of weapons katana and etc...
    Graphics has emprovements than previous game.
    Sound and music is good.
    Large maps to explore.
    Shooting is intersting.
    and more to say......
    I love him :)
  20. Oct 15, 2016
    The critics reviews are in:

"Two wangs up, way up' - Siskel and Ebert

"Two wangs up with a twist" - Blaine Edwards and Antwan Merriweather

"Makes you wanna wave your wang iin the air like you just don't care" - me
  21. Oct 14, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is a really fun game that encourages you to play with style and speed. It is a game that you will want to play with a friend, although you don't necessarily have to.
    The story and character progression elements leave a lot to be desired, but the gameplay is executed well enough to make up for most of its shortcomings.
    I highly recommend this game for anyone looking for
    I highly recommend this game for anyone looking for an online co-op action game.
  22. Oct 14, 2016
    It's just as good as DOOM 2016 (and very similar combat) or maybe even better. Great optimization, great visuals and sounds, politically incorrect humour and dick jokes. Think Asian Duke Nukem. The main character Lo Wang is 30% hero and 70% wisecracking dickhead. Love it :D

Oh, and I really don't know why it's not full priced, because it's totally AAA quality.
  23. Oct 14, 2016
    So glad I got hold of some more Wang, and after some hands on action I can safely say this is well worth the purchase. Don't wait get Wang in your hands today.
  24. Oct 14, 2016
    Pros:
    - Combat is great. It's fast, brutal and fun. Lot's of weapons, upgrades and powers.
    - Graphics are pretty good and it runs grat even on older pcs Cons: - Story, characters, plot and dialoge. It's very crude. Lot's of dick jokes and nothing else really. - Levels seem very similar to each other, they are all variations on 2 or maybe 3 themes max. - Overcompliacted
    Pros:
    - Graphics are pretty good and it runs grat even on older pcs

Cons:
    - Overcompliacted crafting/upgrade system.

Overall is this game is mindless, oldchool fun. Reminds me of the latest Doom, just with less production value and more dick jokes.

25. Oct 18, 2016
    What would happen if you could mix Doom, Diablo, Duke Nukem and Borderlands in a blender? You would probably get something like this game.

I played the previous SW and it was a great game, but it was single-player only and had a more linear gameplay, now the game has changed a lot for good I think. Shadow Warrior 2 is a full action packed - fast paced game with nice graphics, classic

Shadow Warrior 2 is a full action packed - fast paced game with nice graphics, classic gameplay and lots of politically incorrect humor.

Combat is fun and fast, there are so many weapons to pick from, upgrades, tons of loot and even some talents you can use to improve your character.

The graphics look nice and even impressive at some points (like storms, I really liked that) also the game runs nicely.

It has a good soundtrack and price is really cool since this game has AAA quality!

Finally, the most important part to me is Co-op, it is amazing, really fun to play it with friends. I highly recommend SW2 to anyone looking for a co-op action game.

In general, this is the game very few were expecting but that everyone wants.
  26. Oct 15, 2016
    Excellent performance, excellent movement, excellent combat.

I'd imagine it'll get repetitive since there's a heavy emphasis on collecting loot, but I will enjoy this for a long time.
  27. Oct 18, 2016
    Great gameplay, great graphics, great music, great story, great world, great optimization,................. magnificent game.

Best FPS of last years.
  28. Oct 22, 2016
    This game is amazing, blood and gore and even a naked women swimming in the bathtub and start shooting at me, and the soundtrack is awesome as stan bush touching my heart out really great, and my god, this game optimized well in my computer and it rocks me, the price is too low and that's good and this game one of the best, i mean the bestest best really the best 10/10 for being the best
  29. Oct 16, 2016
    este juego lo tiene todo, cuando habia pasado una misión ni sabía que ya se habían pasado unos 40 minutos del juego, no te deja de entretener en ningun momento, GRACIAS POR SALVAR EL 2016 que fue un año lleno de mierdas de juegos
  30. Dec 10, 2016
    Dawno nie skończyłem żadnej gry :) brawo chlopaki udalo wam sie przykuc moja uwage dluzej niz na 4-5 godzin :)nie warto grac na niskich poziomach trudności :P
  31. ave
    Dec 31, 2018
    Since its inception, Shadow Warrior - as a close cousin of Duke Nukem 3D - always has the "touch" of an over-the-top (gameplay wise), non-sensical (narratively speaking) and self-conscious (inside jokes) video game.
    SW2 is all of that, plus a complete shift from linear missions to non-linear ones, combining procedural level generation and random enemy placement for maximum replayability - which is good on theory, but can be both a blessing (more play !) and a curse (will that game ever end ?)
    The good news is all that is built on top of a rock solid "gun" feel that can be customized to fit your playstyle using upgrades.
    A quick note on upgrade though, contrary to consumables, they tend to "stack up" so you might be tempted to sell them. Resist that temptation since money will not be an issue and instead wait until you have access to Crafting (so you can convert low level upgrades into higher level ones).
    Also, learn their different effects, how they can affect both your damage output and you "shooting flow" since at higher levels of difficulty they can really make a huge difference :)
    One quick tip for upgrades (that took me about 50 hours to "find") is the ability to use a filter to sort the upgrades by parameter ! (It's on the top right of any upgrade list). So instead of checking each upgrade entry, use the filters !
  32. Mar 19, 2017
    This game is praised as "the old school shooter". Tbh, it's not one. This game is a true defintion of a bullethell shooter without much more depth to it since it's just "shoot shoot and shoot some more". This game is hardly anymore even comparable to Serious Sam because Serious Sam atleast isn't just plain chaos but has some actual clear classic elements in it. Elements such asThis game is praised as "the old school shooter". Tbh, it's not one. This game is a true defintion of a bullethell shooter without much more depth to it since it's just "shoot shoot and shoot some more". This game is hardly anymore even comparable to Serious Sam because Serious Sam atleast isn't just plain chaos but has some actual clear classic elements in it. Elements such as individually placed enemies, handmade maps, keycards and limited amount of full weapon arsenal.

Man, they really have no idea about classic fps design these days anymore. Atleast the original Painkiller was still fast, with a skillbased movement system and very badass aesthetic/art eventhough it had fully linear level design but atleast it was still made interesting. SW2 just a bullethell shooter in an empty openworld, not thanks. I''ll give the 1/10 for atleast still having the sword of LoWang in this game.
  33. Apr 12, 2017
    Shadow warrior 2 is an excellent game. It has good framerate even in 4k with max graphic and a great art style. Also it has some really dirty jokes and a funny story which isn’t too serious. The difficulty is really fair and even on the highest difficulty it is still greatly playable. The Soundtrack is fantastic and fits the game perfectly. The levels are generated random from handmadeShadow warrior 2 is an excellent game. It has good framerate even in 4k with max graphic and a great art style. Also it has some really dirty jokes and a funny story which isn’t too serious. The difficulty is really fair and even on the highest difficulty it is still greatly playable. The Soundtrack is fantastic and fits the game perfectly. The levels are generated random from handmade pieces, so it is a bit different every time you play it.
    In Conclusion: Shadow Warrior 2 is a great game with funny jokes and a good story.
  34. Oct 14, 2016
    The humor is not as good this time around, but everything else is better. Seriously, this is the kind of game we need in a sea of gritty Call of Duty clones.
  35. Oct 15, 2016
    amazing game, super fun co-op, I like co-op, good graphics, funny characters, best PC game in this year, I feel no wasted money for this game, this game much better than what I thought, good game, good version, 10/10 scores
  36. Oct 14, 2016
    Played 2 hours. Game is beautiful and runs well, but sadly it is not a FPS and cannot compare to the previous games. If I want to spend my time looting and exploring empty levels I can play a rpg, this is boring as hell.
  37. Oct 30, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 has taken the best parts of the previous game and turned it into a wannabe diablo / borderlands clone that is boring, and lifeless. The hub mission area is pointless and adds nothing to the experience, just make the game linear like it should be.

The game could have been a great sequel but it is a pile of overloaded mess that is draining to play and has lost all the joy of the previous game. Movement is awful, co-op doesn't work, level design is horrid and the excessive use of particle effects is trying to make up for the lackluster overall game play.

Could have been a great fun FPS, but it is mind numbing crap.
  38. Oct 20, 2016
    Just made an acc for this game. Game is amazing i hear some bad things about the ending but i havent got there yet i. I am at about 5 hrs in and i can tell you killing wasnt so much fun ever before for real modern fpses should look up to this game i really dont even care about the ending or the story so much i just want more of wangs hilarious catchfrases and jokes and more of theJust made an acc for this game. Game is amazing i hear some bad things about the ending but i havent got there yet i. I am at about 5 hrs in and i can tell you killing wasnt so much fun ever before for real modern fpses should look up to this game i really dont even care about the ending or the story so much i just want more of wangs hilarious catchfrases and jokes and more of the fantastic and full of fun gameplay.10/10 Expand
  39. Oct 14, 2016
    The sequel (in title, not franchise) is, in my opinion, not as strong as the first. The first was a solid slash-em-up with lots of ridiculous humour, excellent voice acting, and great gameplay.

Shadow Warrior 2 reminds me more of the Borderlands series than it does Shadow Warrior (2013). The main reason for this being the rather weird system of looting and using 'gems' (aka upgrades)

The main reason for this being the rather weird system of looting and using 'gems' (aka upgrades) to upgrade your weapons, which does indeed add a sense of creativity and unique combinations and whatnot, but it also removes any and all style and feel, and perhaps even character, that a weapon or gun has - you start looking at dps and numbers more than "Hm, which ridiculous, over the top weapon shall I pull out and **** em up with?"

The maps are large, true, but they also feel very chaotic and perhaps even random. Just shy of 4 hours in and I have already seen bits of maps reused multiple times in other 'instances'. Combine this with the fact that monsters are spawned randomly (leave and rejoin and the mobs will be completely different) and that, too, removes the feel and character of a certain place.

Furthermore, the 'quests' feel more like chores with little reason for being other than having you go places - more to fill time than to add to the experience. Quite soon you realise that the best way to deal with it is to just rush to the quest, do the thing, and go back. Mobs seem to scale with you and there's thus little reason to take the time to kill for experience.

I tried to make the game more interesting by adding to the challenge, so I upped the difficulty level from the 2nd to the 4th (highest) level, which did very little aside from make mobs drop more stuff and making it an annoyance to kill even the smallest thing.

All-in-all it seems like a failed attempt at diversifying the franchise. When I think Shadow Warrior, I think of running and hacking and slashing for hours on end, enjoying ridiculous jokes and quips. When I think of Shadow Warrior 2, I think of going through my inventory for hours on end to sort through all the junk I collected and trying to find some combination to get a few more DPS, seeing as that's what most of the game seems to centre around.

The gameplay feels like a chore, instead of absurd fun as I had expected going in.

5.5/10, with the majority of the points for technical aspects such as settings, which are all excellent and superbly done. The 0.5 is for the gameplay.
  40. Nov 16, 2016
    Grinding, repetitivness, boredom. Annoying characters, weak story line. Where Shadow Warrior 1 from 2013 excelled this one fails. There are like 5 missions considered level design that are repeated through the game, so much useless junk that tries to cover failure in story telling, level and character design.
    Play the first one and then this and you'll be as disappointed as I am. Waste of money and time.
  41. Oct 27, 2016
    This game along with Witcher 3: blood and wine is the greatest game of this year. Polish developers/designers restore my faith in humanity again, after so-called AAA games No man's sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided have chopped my Wang in pieces.

Anyway, this game is tons of fun, thanks to the great graphics, uncompromising performance, every bit of sarcasm by Wang, great control, fantastic weapon design, good open-worldify effort.

The game is not perfect though. The main story appears less immersive as its predecessor. The crafting system causes confusion.

Now I have just started my long wait for Shadow warrior 3. Hope Hoji could come back to life.
  42. Oct 14, 2016
    Game is simply amazing WAAAAY better than new doom. Graphics, music... And Tadeush the producent is so cute on youtube videos! CWP! for me game of the year!
  43. Oct 20, 2016
    Holy Crap. I did not see this one coming. Let's see here:

* Faster than DOOM 2016 (this is one FAST game) * Great optimization, after some tweaking I got 140-160fps with a 980Ti * Great controls and options menu, you can set it up just the way you want it * Tons of weapons, upgrades and things to collect and read * You can play it either as a shooter or as a melee game, or mix and
    Holy Crap. I did not see this one coming. Let's see here:

* Faster than DOOM 2016 (this is one FAST game)
    * Great optimization, after some tweaking I got 140-160fps with a 980Ti
    * Great controls and options menu, you can set it up just the way you want it
    * Tons of weapons, upgrades and things to collect and read
    * You can play it either as a shooter or as a melee game, or mix and match. Great fun
    * Semi open world with several mini-maps you can travel to. Great level design
    * RPG elements with different ways to customize your character
    * Wise-cracking humor which doesn't take itself seriously, at all. Actually refreshing
    * Feels like what Duke Nukem Forever should have been
    * No DRM. I repeat: NO DRM

It feels like they took the best parts from DOOM, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior and Border Lands and put it all in a big blender, the game is just a blast to play. Be sure to buy the game from either steam or gog and support the developers, they deserve it.

Please note: This game is FAST. You can play it at 60Hz but for the best experience I would recommend a +100Hz monitor and suitable GPU.

One caveat which could be improved in Shadow Warrior 3: Towards the end of the game some of the levels are too open and aimless and I don't see why I have to kill 200 bad guys when I just want to go and chat with my floating-robo-head-demon-friend. So in such cases I just snuck past the bad guys with the (somewhat overpowered) stealth skill, but then it feels like I'm playing the game wrong. So basically the writing and player motivation in some of the side-missions needs to be much tighter. I think they took the open-world thing too far, it's too open and too generic for the content that's in it. So for Shadow Warrior 3 they should either fill the open world with more things (NPC's, vendors, towns, secrets) or just scale it back a bit towards Shadow Warrior 1. The limitations of the current open world content became pretty apparent in the later half of the game.
  44. Oct 22, 2016
    This game is a shorter borderlands with a much more engaging combat engine. The co-op is great, the difficulty is pretty substantial with the latest patch, and the weapons vary in style and ability well enough to create a unique and fast paced combat experience.

Pros: Combat engine Overly destructive environment no 'best build' just do what you like fast paced excellent graphics

Pros:
    Combat engine
    Overly destructive environment
    no 'best build' just do what you like
    fast paced
    excellent graphics
    wide variety of difficulty, and replay-ability.

Cons:
    Short game
    load screens are a bit lengthy

Controversial:
    The level content, while repetitive, still holds its own especially against games like borderlands, diablo, and other RPGs and shooters. it's also very open world if you choose to explore it.

many people are torn about the jokes and storyline. It's dry, and about as standard as you can get. however, it's fitting a niche that I think the developers intended, and I think it helped to avoid making the game take itself too seriously.
  45. Oct 19, 2016
    As an fps shooter it's mediocre at best. There is a lot of meaningless and dull grinding loot in a game. In fast pace fps shooter there shouldn’t be too many elements that takes you away from the flow of the game, but I feel that this game does it all the time. You'll spend a lot of time in menus optimizing and upgrading weapons and skills. And all of upgrades aren’t that good either. ItAs an fps shooter it's mediocre at best. There is a lot of meaningless and dull grinding loot in a game. In fast pace fps shooter there shouldn’t be too many elements that takes you away from the flow of the game, but I feel that this game does it all the time. You'll spend a lot of time in menus optimizing and upgrading weapons and skills. And all of upgrades aren’t that good either. It just feels like developers did that on purpose, just to make this game last longer. It's fine if you like it, but for me, it ruins the flow and immersion. We don't need a lot of perks and tons of sh***y loot in fast paced shooters. The newest Doom did balanced that perfectly. There were some upgrades and perks in Doom, but it didn't destroy the game flow. It was quick and fluid, which I liked a lot. The shooting, in the game, doesn't feel that precise either. The weapons, in the game (that goes specially to the guns) luck the feeling of heaviness, feeling of that you are using some badass weapon, like Doom 2016 have. The shooting feels kind of cartoony and uninspiring. There is no weight to the weapons, no realism at all. The graphic is good, but I have seen better. The particle effects look kind of low resolution and not that impressive, in my opinion. I personally wasn't impressed by the gameplay at all and after playing Doom this year I feel that this game feels like a downgrade on all levels. But the game is chip and it will get cheaper as time passes. I would recommend this game to those who like loot hunting and shooting. It can be entertaining for some people. Expand
  46. Dec 6, 2016
    Firstly, this is the most futuristic game i have ever played!

My favourite parts of the game are the missions in Zilla enterprises because it is so god dam futuristic with hologram trees, plants, grass, banners, Robot AI enemies, futuristic elevators and full fledged city! The rest of the missions in my view were alright but really repetitive combat and enemies. Another thing is
    Firstly, this is the most futuristic game i have ever played!

Another thing is this game is so bloody easy! even on the hardest difficulty lol

The visuals are incredible in this game i was so blown away omg

The optimisation is fantastic no problems encountered in the whole game through.
    I really enjoyed the characters and dialogue in the game, lord wang is very funny at times and in my opinion the side missions were dam good.

I highly recommend this game for gamers that are looking for a major modern/futuristic experience with first person shooter/hack'n slash!!

I can't give this game any more than a 7 because unfortunately even though i love futuristic games there are other titles this generation of games i have enjoyed better...
  47. Nov 11, 2016
    Game is an absolute riot. Despite a minority of loud voices' ('official' reviewers) opinions of the humour in this game, it is just a game, and not meant to be taken seriously or as a deep philosophical social commentary, as a very small minority of people would lead you to believe. The vast majority of people who are playing this game right now absolutely love it, and the game needsGame is an absolute riot. Despite a minority of loud voices' ('official' reviewers) opinions of the humour in this game, it is just a game, and not meant to be taken seriously or as a deep philosophical social commentary, as a very small minority of people would lead you to believe. The vast majority of people who are playing this game right now absolutely love it, and the game needs better representation than it's getting from a few hypersensitive millenials who think an internet blog makes them a real journalist. Expand
  48. Oct 30, 2016
    Pure entertainment, must have for old-school players, if you loved quake, doom, wolfenstein you must buy it !!! CHEERS !!!
  49. Oct 30, 2016
    I found Shadow Warrior 2 to be a very fun game. Great gameplay, excellent animations, and just an overall Great Game.

8/10 Pros: • Great Animations, especially reloading on the guns, and when chopping enemies up with melee weapons • Great port, with excellent visuals • Great weather effects • Nice enemy AI, that will roll and strafe out the way to try to avoid your attacks,

Pros:

• Great port, with excellent visuals
    • Great weather effects
    • Nice enemy AI, that will roll and strafe out the way to try to avoid your attacks, even block some of your attacks

Cons:

• Music is hit and miss at times
    • Story is not very strong
    • On higher difficulties mobs can get spongy
  50. Jan 8, 2017
    Muy divertido en su base. Y sin embargo destrozado con sus decisiones de diseño. HUD intrusivo y mareante, mundo abierto innecesario y mal llevado, bonificaciones y mejoras del personaje demasiado abundantes. El juego tiene demasiados añadidos que agobian.
    Ademas la versión de PC sufre de una optimización bastante mala.
  51. Dec 16, 2016
    The game looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, and best of all... the guns are just true beauty.
    Oh yea, also co-op brings this from a 9 to a 10.
    I need some more characters in this, so I'll just mention that the comedy is, well, very Polish.
  52. Dec 18, 2016
    After a successful first views eagerly waiting for the continuation and here it is. One of the best games in which I was given to play. The story is good does not belong to the high-flying but it is decent. Which can be expanded arsenmał quarter opponents in various ways that it can be an interesting way to modify advantage is also no upper limit to have tools destruction, although we haveAfter a successful first views eagerly waiting for the continuation and here it is. One of the best games in which I was given to play. The story is good does not belong to the high-flying but it is decent. Which can be expanded arsenmał quarter opponents in various ways that it can be an interesting way to modify advantage is also no upper limit to have tools destruction, although we have a limited number of slots in the wheel weapon selection, but you can always change it. Locations are beautiful, diverse, interesting and designed primarily are not small which is a big plus. Various opponents walczymi forever with the same kind of opponent. Ability to prefer their own style fighting game. The game also has the classic taste of accepting the mission in the game is designed so that it looks in the old games which is an interesting flavor. I would definitely recommend buying will remember it's worth the game offers a mode of cooperation. Expand
  53. May 13, 2017
    Shadow Warrior II it's a classic shooter merged into modern graphic, stunning effects, stylized and cool animations with a simple RPG elements visually enriched from an incredible amount of artworks. The weakest point in my opinion is the way they fit the missions that aren’t exactly tailored like the first one but this time more fragmented and a way more repetitive. The multiplayer it’sShadow Warrior II it's a classic shooter merged into modern graphic, stunning effects, stylized and cool animations with a simple RPG elements visually enriched from an incredible amount of artworks. The weakest point in my opinion is the way they fit the missions that aren’t exactly tailored like the first one but this time more fragmented and a way more repetitive. The multiplayer it’s ok until you don’t have to deal with too much higher ping connection. Despite that, it’s fun, entertaining and not so bad if you alternate the single player campaign with the more chaotic co-op mode without losing under the main story side.

Flying Wild Hog is a very talented company that I follow since Hard Reset. They always paid attention to details and smooth game play with singular, funny weapons features. To be mentioned the remarkable choice to add elemental attributes like fire, thunder, ice and poison to the weapons itself, boosting their offensive potential and damage amount in the perfect way of the role play games. I was impressed on the double amount of visual stuff here compared to the first Shadow Warrior where the story, the plot, was a way stronger and well presented considering that Lo-Wang and company came from a 3DRealms 90’s classic. In particular, not really surprised from 3D elements (because they hold pretty much the standard, the ideal of beauty and candy-eye animations) but the pleasure of incredible 2D illustrations such menu backgrounds, role play style cards and so on that deserves a dedicated showroom.

Highly suggested to all the players that wants to have pure fun especially with friends in co-op mode.

Cheers!
  54. Oct 18, 2016
    + Great humour
    + Impressive voice acting
    + Enjoyable combat + Wide variety of weapons and upgrades + Impressive visuals bar the human character models which are very poor in comparison + Fantastic reload animations + Just a ton of fun to play - Spotty performance, sometimes I had no issue maintaining 60fps minimum frame rate, other times I'd drop down to the low 40s for no
    + Great humour
    + Impressive voice acting
    + Enjoyable combat
    + Wide variety of weapons and upgrades
    + Fantastic reload animations
    + Just a ton of fun to play

- Spotty performance, sometimes I had no issue maintaining 60fps minimum frame rate, other times I'd drop down to the low 40s for no apparent reason, it was the exact same in Hard Reset so the devs seemingly haven't solved this issue over the years. Lowering visual settings did not elevate this problem. The later areas seem to run worse as well
    - Very easy, I played on normal which felt like easy and it only got easier and easier, I would highly suggest playing on at least hard if you want any challenge whatsoever
    - Guns sound very weak and flaccid
    - Awful human character models

Overall I highly recommend the game, I had a lot of fun playing it and it's worth the price of admission right now, saying that I would maybe wait a month or two as the devs are actively patching the game and it'll definitely be better (and cheaper) if you wait a little bit.
  55. Oct 15, 2016
    Outdated graphics (worse than Crysis 1 from 2007), overcomplicated looting system, infinite dash turns the game into flickering madness at times, though maybe it's what players expect from the genre. Co-op is not as cooperative as I'd want: I often don't even know where my partner is and what he is doing, we basically each play his own game which just happens to have synchronized cutscenes.
  56. Nov 17, 2016
    Great game, with lot's of low (I' mean very low dick jokes) humor - just like original! :) I'm loving it! Nice graphic - not great but ok like 9/10!, it allows to relax while killing tons of demons :) Kick ass and chew bubblegum or somthing like that ;) If you are looking intelligent nice FPS with some sense ... go somwhere else . But if you are looking for the great fun... it's game for you.
  57. Nov 8, 2016
    Pretty good game with a decent but not too high Price on Steam. Most fun in coop, singleplayer is okay-ish.

Good graphics
    smooth gameplay, runs perfect on max settings
    sadly you cannot cut through stuff like grass or spider webs or Trees which would be hella fun.

One Game of the 2016 released games which isn't total trash. Thanks for that.
  58. Oct 15, 2016
    Hello. I am Snyggo. No this is not a good game. For me it's just to much and not the style I like. It has bad graphics and bad looting system. I totally disagree that it's as good as DOOM 2016, which is much better on all fronts and doesnt include this anoying chinese/japanese voiceover guy. The main character Lo Wang is 110% anoying and nothing else. Doomguy would shoot the BFG on his jokes.
  59. May 8, 2017
    Combat is brisk, fluid, gun play and gameplay overall is highly entertaining, fresh concepts with modifiable weapons help to further player customization. Level design is decent, but you will essentially see many of the same large sprawling maps over and over again as you revisit them to complete both story or optional quests. Their isn't much incentive to actually do side-quests and theCombat is brisk, fluid, gun play and gameplay overall is highly entertaining, fresh concepts with modifiable weapons help to further player customization. Level design is decent, but you will essentially see many of the same large sprawling maps over and over again as you revisit them to complete both story or optional quests. Their isn't much incentive to actually do side-quests and the singleplayer story is criminally short due to this. The loot system is certainly interesting, but the game is far too easy even on regular difficulties to actual make use of revisiting locations, chests and fighting different combinations of enemies just to find a few gems to alter a few of your favorite weapons. The music is decent, very generic for the most part, the sound effects are great, very visceral and hilarious. The voice acting is also pretty decent. The writing however, is fairly poor, featuring a load of what should or could be funny quip's from Wang, but end up sounding forced or sometimes obnoxious. Surely Wang isn't the epitome of "Duke Nukem," not entirely anyway. Plot is pretty dull, something about rescuing a girls soul, which is trapped inside of Wang for the majority of the game. These two character interactions could've been more fun and its slightly frustrating that they couldn't really write or create good chemistry between them. After playing through the campaign, I didn't really have any desire to go back through it as the game is quite repetitive once you've seen most of the enemies and handled most of the guns. Graphically, the environments look stunning, often eye-catching-ly beautiful, but both character model designs and enemies are mediocre looking. The actual gun designs are fantastic though, definitely a highlight. I recall playing the original game and losing interest very quickly, but I think this game pretty much improves upon all the weaknesses found in the prequel. Expand
  60. Jan 5, 2017
    Good plot, nice voice acting and decent graphics even for average PCs. Moving your character and combat are flat and seem to have come from a 1990s shooter.
  61. Nov 26, 2017
    A play-through of Shadow Warrior 2 was an unexpectedly exhilarating rush of fun an excitement. Not having experience with the first game of the series, I dove in with low expectations and no grudges, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The beginning is a little bland and the story may seem cheesy at first, but as you progress things pan out nicely. Lo Wang is at times annoying an offensive,A play-through of Shadow Warrior 2 was an unexpectedly exhilarating rush of fun an excitement. Not having experience with the first game of the series, I dove in with low expectations and no grudges, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The beginning is a little bland and the story may seem cheesy at first, but as you progress things pan out nicely. Lo Wang is at times annoying an offensive, but he still finds a way to be funny and move the plot along. Combat is very fun, fast paced, and open to where you can move about freely and kill according to your style. There are plenty of weapons, tons of upgrades, and a decent array of skills to take advantage of. I would have liked to see more offensive skills that aren't tied to melee, but swordplay is still satisfying. Overall I was impressed by many different aspects of the game, most importantly though would be the combat and graphics. Shadow Warrior 2 pumped up at 4K with max textures is a pleasure to look at and has a very unique art style. A few areas of improvement for the game could include better itemization and an expanded leveling system where you control more of your characters' attributes. Expand
  62. Jan 4, 2019
    A bit late yes, but I have recently finished this game and boy it was such a joyful ride. Shadow warrior 2 is not the the Shadow Warrior I had in mind but even then the big changes to the game are not necessarily bad at all.
    Story is fairly cliche, characters are uninteresting, side stories are mostly silly and dialogues are just so plain and cheesy which makes this side of game very weak.

However, gameplay wise the game is very good. It takes inspirations from Borderlands, dropping a good amount of RPG in the game and introduces the player to Grinding for loot and skills points. Side missions are rewarding but toward the end game you end up having enough power in your firearm that is ultimately useless to do other side missions for weapons with only a insignificant power upgrades over your existing arsenal. the loot with weapon upgrades is a little bit too overpopulated and at time it becomes so boring to go back to menu again and again and try our new runes. Otherhand feeling to do more and more damage is very satisfying specially when you are dealing with storm of enemies around you. Character perks are good but i Personally did not feel much difference through upgrading them, some of them such as hit points, carrying more ammo are good but some others are really significant to progress the game. Chi powers are very underwhelming, and I did not find myself using anything other than healing paired up with a overpowered rune that halves chi cost of healing than healing. runes for character personal stats are good but very rare and hard to find as oppose to sea of weapon runes. Weapon variety is actually amazing, you find typical ones, modern ones and also demonic themes weapons, one of my favourite was a demonc assult rifle which I ended up using through out the whole game. The weapons themselves dont have any fling, or good voices, sometimes they feel so flat and similar and their power is only visible through seeing how much damage you deal to enemies, RPG elements such as enemy weakness, resist and immunes are much more important in harder difficulty and adds a good twist in the game. The action is smooth and very responsive but at times I find the screen to be overpopulated with effects.

Level variety is very good in this game, although some parts of map are reused, the day and night cycle and weather effects + clever open worldy, multiple path and layers maps are seriously well designed in the game. each map is filled with enemies, bosses, superior and elits with higher chance of exotic items and tones of stashes for loot, but other than grinding they do not encourage the player to explore which is OK. Graphic wise the game holds up well even know, jungles are pretty, rains is awesome, volumetric lighting and bloom effects are just amazing and create lovely asian vistas that we do not see much in games nowadays and makes this game truely a GEM.
    .Melee weapons are a bit useless, specially when enemy deals electricity and posions its just impossible to endure the amount of damage while using swords, in the other hand the chainsaws are straight up overpowered, pair it up with some Critical damage and shields and heals and resist and you can destroy elits in seconds. Toward the end game the Power that activates with Z makes the game way to easy, player is able to upgrade this skill quickly by farming and turn to a unstoppable killing machine, legit you are able to kill story bosses within seconds.
    Overall I feel like some stuff in the game is unbalanced, some stuff are really weak and some are overpowered, developers did a good job of implementing a RPG action in the game but it needs much more work if any 3rd is in development but I really enjoyed playing this game!
  63. May 16, 2017
    АХТУНГ Мат и всё такое

Я осознал то, что был не прав. Моё сознание застелила любовь к SW, прошлые части я прошёл, ну.. почти по 2 раза. И эта любовь + предзаказ новой, той, что я ждал сыграло свою роль. ЭТА ИГРА♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Тем, кто любит бордерлендс - 10/10, но я считаю бордер ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥иной Плюс - один Сеттинг SW и всё, что с SW связано Минусы - Геймплей. Я думал это из-за
    АХТУНГ Мат и всё такое

ЭТА ИГРА♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Тем, кто любит бордерлендс - 10/10, но я считаю бордер ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥иной

Плюс - один
    Сеттинг SW и всё, что с SW связано

Минусы
    - Геймплей. Я думал это из-за максимальной сложности нелепые хп бары у врагов, но нет, это бордерлендс, эти ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ уроны стволов/мечей и не менее тупые модификаторы, где в человека нужно сделать АХТУНГ#2 12+- выстрелов из подствольного гранатомёта, который по урону уступает пистолету.
    - Смерть.. в ней нет смысла: подыхай - не хочу! Вас респнут тут же где вы и упали, просто восстановят хп врагам.
    - Оптимизация - плохая, не верьте другим обзорам. Она лучше, чем у всех нынешних игр, но в соотношении картинка/фпс это всё такое же♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥как и обычно. Спасибо соснолькам за отличные игры
    - Интерфейс очень неудобный
    - ХУД можно настроить, чтобы это хотя бы внешне было SW, а не бордером, но это не отменят его механик, которые и превратили игру в♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥- Диалоги в РПГ системе этой игры прокликивать нужно через жопные кнопки, мышкой выбирать ничего нельзя/кривые хитбоксы баров. Спасибо соснолькам за отличные игры

Возможно в 2019 году выйдет ps5, которая сможет конкурировать с Pentium 4 и мы сможем поиграть в нормальные игры, но во всё остальном (да и без этого) эта игра ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥олендс варриор 2
  64. Nov 11, 2016
    I bought this game and played it in co-op with my friend because I was shocked how good this game is (based on user reviews). I have to say, this is the best co-op game I have played since Borderlands series, but I don't actually think it deserves a 9.
  65. Jan 22, 2017
    as great as i expected bloody fun and cool enemies,weapons
    graphics are descent did almost not see one bug and soundtrack is good
    only the humor is just sometimes funny and not always it is as fun then other moments but shadow warrior 2 still proves it can beat other full budget shooter games
  66. Dec 3, 2016
    Its not the usual sort of game I play, but it is short and sweet and a lot of fun. When Stan Bush music, started playing while fighting the final boss, it was an epic moment.

Overall a fun, over the top, not to be taken seriously shooter, guaranteed to give you some fun.
  67. Jan 30, 2019
    Nice oldschool shooter with pretty ironic asian humor. I also want to notice nice soundtrack.
  68. Jul 4, 2017
    Five Word Review: Hectic gameplay with sassy assassin.
    Favorite Thing: The story and characters were enough to keep me going.
    Least Favorite Thing: After a while the gameplay started feeling extremely repetitive. I went with a melee build, maybe that was the problem. All the melee weapons handled nearly identical. Date Completed: 2017-07-03 Playtime: ~ 16h Enjoyment: 7/10
    Five Word Review: Hectic gameplay with sassy assassin.
    Favorite Thing: The story and characters were enough to keep me going.

Date Completed: 2017-07-03
    Playtime: ~ 16h
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    Recommendation: I'm a solid 'maybe'. Try a gun build, maybe you'll like it more.
  69. Sep 11, 2019
    По сути, Shadow Warrior 2 — обновленная версия первой части, только больше, с новыми картами, врагами, историей и кучей нового оружия! Мясорубка различных монстров и людишек! Крутая графика! И самое главное есть крутой кооперативный режим на 4 человека! С друзьями весело крошить нечисть разнообразным оружием, холодным и горячим!))По сути, Shadow Warrior 2 — обновленная версия первой части, только больше, с новыми картами, врагами, историей и кучей нового оружия! Мясорубка различных монстров и людишек! Крутая графика! И самое главное есть крутой кооперативный режим на 4 человека! С друзьями весело крошить нечисть разнообразным оружием, холодным и горячим!))
  70. May 15, 2018
    Sometimes u just wanna do some killin and this games perfect for that.Its so fun,so funny and just wild. So many weapons and ways to kill,plus CO OP YOU cant lose. Im always looking for people to play co op with so shoot me a Friend request and if you like having fun pick this up.
  71. Jan 25, 2018
    Shadow Warrior 2 took a bold step by introducing some RPG-lite elements to its gameplay, including weapon and armor mods, side quests, crafting systems, leveling, and a central hub. Overall, I think these inclusions were mostly to the game's detriment as the side quests themselves aren't particularly meaningful and constitute mostly busywork. The leveling and central hub were implementedShadow Warrior 2 took a bold step by introducing some RPG-lite elements to its gameplay, including weapon and armor mods, side quests, crafting systems, leveling, and a central hub. Overall, I think these inclusions were mostly to the game's detriment as the side quests themselves aren't particularly meaningful and constitute mostly busywork. The leveling and central hub were implemented decently, though the hub itself could've been more dynamic.

Shadow Warrior 2 also features randomised maps, which unfortunately ensures you'll be coming across the exact same set pieces and game environments over and over again. Non-linearity was obviously a key priority for the developers as the levels are quite large and open with plenty of verticality, though again I feel they went a little overboard with the open level design, as it makes the maps feel unfocused, sometimes confusing to navigate and intimidating to explore.

The frantic action from Shadow Warrior (2013) is still there though, and improved with wider weapon selection and smoother maneuverability. The combat shines especially when you're a given a large open space with waves of numerous enemies to slice and dice in intense arena-style encounters. Even though there's a lot of explosive action going onscreen, the game was able to maintain a steady 60+ frames at the recommended spec, with a large array of graphics and UI options to tweak to your heart's content. Also, bonus points for the kickass soundtrack that plays in the main menu.

Overall rating - 7.3/10
  72. Oct 5, 2017
    It looks like the first Shadow Warrior, but it's not. Maybe the only 2 things that stayed the same is the wise-ass comments by the player's character (and they are entertaining for sure) and the madness of some of the battles. The story is also easy to grasp, not too boring and out of the way. Some of the boss battles, while manage to be intense, seem to try also to be epic, but ultimatelyIt looks like the first Shadow Warrior, but it's not. Maybe the only 2 things that stayed the same is the wise-ass comments by the player's character (and they are entertaining for sure) and the madness of some of the battles. The story is also easy to grasp, not too boring and out of the way. Some of the boss battles, while manage to be intense, seem to try also to be epic, but ultimately fail. And this type of failure kind-of defines, how the whole game feels.

Environments trying to be massive but feel repetitive and similar. Enemies trying to be memorable but don't require strategy. Story trying to go somewhere, but failing to make you care. Hidden places in levels that are already too randomized. A lot of different items to find, non of which you actually want or need. The looting/upgrade system is an overall mess.

All of that being said, the game still manages to be fun to play. It doesn't really match the atmosphere or the uniqueness of the first Shadow Warrior, but it's still worth the play. The sad thing is that it's just an average game. Better play the first one, if you haven't already, or maybe even if you have.
  73. Apr 17, 2022
  74. May 19, 2017
    Shadow Warrior 2
    A great game with too much repeat
    Shadow Warrior 2 is a first person shooter slash hack and slash game where you play as lo Wang... The story starts with this girl getting possessed and her soul leaving her body and entering yours... so you have a girl in your head, and not in a good way.. You spend the rest of the game trying to reunite her soul with her possessed
    Shadow Warrior 2
    A great game with too much repeat
    so you have a girl in your head, and not in a good way..
    You spend the rest of the game trying to reunite her soul with her possessed body…
    The first half of this about 6 hour campaign if you stick to just the story, closer to 10 if you play around with side missions is pure joy…
    The most fun I’ve had in a game in a while…
    The levels here are pretty open, there’s platforming double jumps and climbing ledges, and everything feels extremely smooth and polished…
    The game is delivered through a hub area where you take on quests and sell items.. You then open your map, choose the mission location and teleport there…
    There’s a marker on the map for every mission with dots leading the way...
    And in these world are tons of enemies trying to kill you that you could ignore unless they’re tied to the objective or you can slice them up for drops and xp…
    There’s an insane amount of variety in weapons and upgrades to make your weapons feel unique….
    You can get both from enemy drops, shops, completing missions, and chests around the open maps…
    This amount of variety is a gift and a curse though because there’s so much choice that it feels almost paralyzing…
    Enemies are dropping all of these items constantly and you have so much to sift through that it feels overwhelming and I just started ignoring them since what I had was getting the job done…
    the mission design and world design overall is initially varied and well-designed fun to play through…
    but onto the 2nd half of the campaign… where you have to go back to levels you’ve already been to..
    and on top of that they throw in keycards where oh you get to a door and its locked, run back the way you came and kill the enemy holding it and then run all the way back here…
    I’ve never been a fan of replaying levels, and I never will be… shadow warrior 2 is no exception despite how fun and satisfying this combat is…
    it feels great going from katana, to gun with the tap of a button, pulling out a chainsaw or using your powers to pull spikes out of the ground
    On top of dropping upgrades and weapons, enemies also drop chi and health packs,
    And you can increase the drop rate, effectiveness along with other perks using the skill points you get from completing missions and leveling up…
    and you need this chi to pull these spikes up or blast overwhelming enemies back…
    And while the combat is fun, it’s not even my favorite part of the game..
    The writing, it’s hilarious, its sweet…
    it always keeps you waiting for the punchline, and I was laughing from start to finish at the banter between every character in the game…
    Combat banter is there too, but of course it starts repeating and gets old pretty quickly…
    The only other issue I had with this game aside from repeat levels, is a bug in the trials…
    after completing a trial it wouldn’t let me leave so I had to back out into the main menu… this caused me to lose the progress of an entire mission I completed because you have to save the game by crossing the path of a shrine… there is no auto save.. A little annoying... so I didn’t touch these trials beyond the first… which means I stayed away from the crafting system here..
    And again... the choices are overwhelming as it is, I didn’t need more choices…
    Shadow Warrior 2 is a blast to play through, one of the most enjoyable first person shooters in recent memory…
    I give Shadow Warrior 2
    an 8/10
  75. Apr 3, 2020
    Great game for DOOM/Wolfenstein fans. I had plenty of fun, the game offers a huge adrenaline and fast paced shooting/sword fighting. The landscape is amazing: from cyberpunk scenarios to hell! A worth choice to have plenty of fun and have some laugh.
  76. Aug 20, 2021
    Very good continuation of Shadow Warrior 2013. Nice RPG elements, nice fight rhythm. A bit too easy IMO :)
  77. May 18, 2021
    5 years later and Shadow Warrior 2 still plays reasonably well. The game is packed with decent content including numerous weapons, customization/upgrades, side-quests; all contributing to a great replayability factor.

Meanwhile, the story does not lend itself too seriously, but it fits the game's over-the-top and comical theme. Unfortunately this does not integrate well with the game's art direction, as I found it too dark and grim, contrasting with the game's overall vibe.

Aside from that, the game's level design does leave a lot to be desired, as it is just pointless running within a sandbox killing everything in the way. Granted, the game is primarily all about its high-octane combat, but it would've been nice if a bit more creativity has been exercised in this regard.
  78. Jun 14, 2017
    Juegazo de accion impresionante, si te gustan los shooter Old School y encima disfrutas con el looteo y la personalizacion de armas y demas, es tu juego. Frenetico hasta decir basta, decenas de armas y MUY variadas, con graficones, y te sacara unas cuantas carcajadas. ¿Que mas se puede pedir?
  79. Jul 3, 2020
    stupid chaotic bugged unfixed nonsense copy of SW2013. they should work more on this game before releasing. at least make more locations and more animations, like in first part...
  80. May 22, 2020
    The tightly scripted linear experience is better for telling an immersive narrative. I didn't enjoy the story as much as the first game, but I did enjoy the combat more so than the first game. Shadow Warrior 2 story, becomes broken up and disjointed due to the addition of a game world hub. Where main/side missions can be selected and stuff can be brought/sold mmo/rpg style.

The UI is

The UI is better and thank the stars no more of this double pull a stick this way and then pull a trigger to pull off a power move or to heal anymore. Lots more weapons and some more new powers/abilities to have a laugh with which is a bonus.

The story and the new or old characters I just didn't give a crap about. The graphics look washed out and not that sharp. With an over abundance of whats looks like a bloom effect gone wrong. The music created a good sense of ambiance and the mood of this game is fairly tongue in cheek. As in playing the cheeky a-hole that is Wang Lo.

Technically this game is a big fat zero out of ten, because of a non-progression bug that killed my game off just under 15 hours with a 41% completion rate. So like wow I can't even finish my game, meh. Seriously only one dumb auto save really? The first reboot game had manual saves and multiple autosaves. Had to restart the game and did finally finish it. So as for the 59% I missed? Well I didn't miss out much.
  81. Sep 24, 2017
    Beautiful graphics, great game mechanics, a little comedy within the characters but the game feels a little rushed. Many choices of weapons available which you can also purchase an upgrade for them.
    Wished this game lasted longer!
    You mess with the Lo, you get the Wang!
  82. CBH
    Oct 17, 2017
    A huge disappointment, but still a functional game which is fun in short bursts. If I could, and assuming 1 is unplayable, 10 is the best game ever, and 5 is a sterile flatline, I'd rate it a 6.5. The procedural generated maps are extremely sameish and a huge step down from hand crafted. The weapons, items and game design follow a quantity is a quality of its own design philosophy, withA huge disappointment, but still a functional game which is fun in short bursts. If I could, and assuming 1 is unplayable, 10 is the best game ever, and 5 is a sterile flatline, I'd rate it a 6.5. The procedural generated maps are extremely sameish and a huge step down from hand crafted. The weapons, items and game design follow a quantity is a quality of its own design philosophy, with many being quite hit and miss. The general design of the game is that more is better, and they seem to pack as much bloat as they possibly can into everything they possibly can. The game feels much more like a Borderlands ripoff than anything Shadow Warrior related, with a semi open world and sameish "kill 16 Xs" quests. Enemies almost always follow the same format, with occasionally recolours showing up with special damages. This is a massive step down from the prior game, where every enemy fulfilled a role and had something unique about them.

However, the biggest disappointment is that the story of the prior Shadow Warrior game is nearly completely abandoned. Lo Wang went through a ton of character development in the prequel, having been humbled from an arrogant, self absorbed punk to a much wiser, stronger and collected character, as mentioned by a certain someone late on. This has been thrown out the window in the name of hundreds of hit and miss dirty jokes and a prick persona less endearing than that of the first.
  83. Nov 7, 2018
    Shadow Warrior 2 switches classic linear shooter formula to Borderlands-like mix of FPS and Diablo with a lot of side quests and randomized loot. Handling tons of weapon upgrades and elemental mods is annoying at first, but I've got used to it very quickly.

SW2 improves some aspects of the previous title like graphics, gunplay, enemy and weapon variety; leaves some elements unchanged like awful dialogues and overall boring and predictable story.
    But it fails in one important thing - level design. It became very obvious when I looked at the top right corner of the screen and found a detailed minimap where every single item, enemy and point of interest was marked. There is even a drawn route to your current objective! Levels in SW2 are so messy that it is almost impossible to navigate them without such minimap.

Overall SW2 is a decent FPS/Slasher mostly because of the very satisfying melee combat, inherited from the previous game.
  84. Apr 10, 2019
    I think they actually fired the level designer.
    How do you get from a game that was nearly on DOOM 2016 quality in 2013 to a game that tries to copy an arena shooter with wgbp trash loot in a single-player focused campaign.
    I dont get it. I was constantly asking myself why I should care about the story. Going from Hoji to Kamiko is a disgrace. Last boss music is worth an extra point,
    I think they actually fired the level designer.
    I dont get it.
    I was constantly asking myself why I should care about the story.
    Going from Hoji to Kamiko is a disgrace.
    Last boss music is worth an extra point, like, holy ****
  85. Feb 20, 2022
    Очень драйвовый экшон, крутая стилистика, красивая графика, харизматичный главный герой.
    На побочных миссиях начинает надоедать репетативность и чувствуется, что карты довольно маленькие и коридоры узкие, но если пробегать только по сюжетке, то все отлично
  86. Apr 29, 2018
    Fun action game that has lots of cool loot to collect. Main missions are very enjoyable with funny dialogue throughout. Lots of side missions to play too which result in a great content filled game!
  87. May 21, 2018
    This game could have ben done better, specially on the story mode and, variety of levels and replayability on highest difficultys. But the game itself is very fun to play, the gunplay is good, the movements are great, skill and weapon upgrade system work nicely, allowing you to experiment with diferent combinations and when succefull you can rise the dificultys to insanity. Its a very funThis game could have ben done better, specially on the story mode and, variety of levels and replayability on highest difficultys. But the game itself is very fun to play, the gunplay is good, the movements are great, skill and weapon upgrade system work nicely, allowing you to experiment with diferent combinations and when succefull you can rise the dificultys to insanity. Its a very fun game, specially if you enjoy feeling like a bad ass ninja. The story i dont care too much, is wortless but i didn't chose this game at first becouse of that, i chose for gunplay and movements and all that.

What i really miss in this game, is a true replayability design, it has a bit of that with Orbs of masamune farming and upgrading weapons to insanity. But it lacks a few things that could have done this job better like a randomizer quests, more variations on locations, better prices for weapon upgrades.

Anyway, dont forget the sell price of the game, is not a full AAA title and thats why i can forgive the lack of a good storyline. If you dont care to much for storyline, and really like to kick some ass and enjoy upgrading weapons and skills and being statisfy just by the fact of being OP. Then this is your game.
  88. Oct 8, 2018
    this is very good game But I get this free season.
    But some own buy this I' think too expensive.
  89. Oct 2, 2019
    Shadow Warrior is one of the best shooters that released in 2016, simply put.

Shadow Warrior is one of the best shooters that released in 2016, simply put.

For starters, the game is one of the most well optimized titles from that year, I tested this with my 4690K and both my GTX 770 and 1070, and I could achieve more than 60 FPS with both setups and a decent image quality overall; the game scales well down to the minimum spec hardware, that's for sure, and then runs amazingly well on more powerful PCs.

Graphically it has all the options and settings that a proper PC game should have and are within the engine's specs, it even has HDR support (still not too common in 2016) and a new NVIDIA peripheral resolution rendering technique called Multi-res Shading, which makes the peripheral section of the screen to render at a lower resolution, thus giving us extra performance at no noticeable difference because it's on the peripheral region and our brains won't notice it as much as the things we're looking at directly. Clever, and it works really well, indeed.

When it comes to sound assets, I can't find any issues either, the game sounds great, most weapons have a different sound from each other, they sound like they're the real deal and they're meant to destroy our enemies into a million pieces, that's what we want, and the music is amazing too with some nice tracks now and then, especially for important moments like the boss fights.

Gameplay is where the game is at its best though, it's amazing, this is a very, very fast paced shooter where you'll be using the DASH key a lot, both in and out of combat, but it really shines in combat, it's like a dance of death and carnage if you manage to master the use of the dash key and its different movement combinations and aerial tricks you can perform. Also, just like it happens with DOOM, you need to keep switching weapons in a fight, to be able to deal with different types of enemies and their different elemental resistances. I've read some people complain about bullet-sponge enemies but I've finished the game on HARD and there's always a way to quickly deal with these so called "sponges" and that's by carrying a proper weapon with the correct element imbued to it, it's simple.

Furthermore, some people seem to not even use their CHI for anything but healing, that's wrong too, Chi powers can help you bring down some enemies, and even deal with groups in a more efficient way; the game is all about mastering all the ninja arts Lo Wang is capable of, and not just running around with a shotgun: it can be done but it's not what the whole game has to offer, so keep that in mind, it gets deeper than that, believe me.

Now, the controversial part of this game is clearly the LOOT system and its departure from the previous games, especially from the 2013 reboot of the series. This game has loot, like a Borderlands game but not to that extreme extent though, as in you won't be looting a gazillion weapons every level, like it happens in Borderlands, but you surely get a lot of upgrade items to insert in your weapons, armor, etc. Many of these are worthless at first and you should sell most of them, until you reach a point in the game where the forge is open to you and then you can fuse these items into higher quality ones.

But some people don't like this departure from the traditional, linear, design, that's alright but we have to keep in mind the previous title is also a very decent game on its own, a proper remake of a crazy first person shooter from the 90's. What Shadow Warrior 2 offers is more of that craziness but under a new less linear format, with free roam options and of course cooperative multiplayer, which are great additions to the original formula.

The gore and violence are increased a lot in this sequel too, and the special effects look amazing, this game has so much going on the screen at any given time, in combat, that it's amazing how well it runs. Also...some of the smoke and fog effects are one of the best I've ever seen for this type of game, especially for 2016, and even today.

My final verdict for this game is: if you like fast paced, old school style shooters with cheesy humor, over the top violence and cool looking enemies and absurdly over powered weapons...get this game, the price on release was just right for what this game offers (took me 30 hours to finish the game on Hard difficulty in single player, and then it has coop and New Game Plus too), and today is quite often on sale (it was even free in GOG at some point, if I remember correctly). It's worth the money for the amount of fun I've had and I'll keep having with it in the future, but it's not exactly the same as the previous title from 2013 as I mentioned.

Still, as a First Person Shooter fan, this game was one of my favorites for 2016, along with DOOM. A very solid 10 because it does a lot of things that other FPS don't, and then what the others do, Shadow Warrior 2 just...does quite well xD. As a fan of these types of games, for me it's a 10.
  90. Aug 15, 2019
    O jogo não é ruim, mas peca em alguns aspectos importantissimos que levam longevidade basica ao game. O que resutou no meu abandono, bem proximo do final do game.

A jogabilidade é suave, porém, a sensibilidade é muito minimalista. Pessoas que usam a mesma sensi no Hipfire e ADS sofrem em casos como esse. Mas não é algo que realmente atrapalhe, visto que precição não é requerida. Os

Os graficos são bonitos. O jogo conta com muitos efeitos, e isso pode ser ruim pra algumas pessoas. Tudo fica muito artificial. E, falando em graficos, o jogo é MUITO mal otimizado. Não há nada que explique a carga que esse jogo poe no processador. Muitas vezes não é possivel segurar 60fps, mesmo com o jogo usando 80% do meu Ryzen [detalhe, isso tambem aconteceu no processador da intel de um amigo meu] - tava jogando titanfall 2, e lá, eu consigo 144fps constantes no ultra. Qual a dificuldade de fazem uma otimização se quer mediocre?! -

A historia é fraca e os personagens não são interessantes ou carismaticos. Como o jogo deve ser jogado em coop, eu nem exijo tanto disso, mas sei lá, é o minimo que se espera de um jogo.

Tambem há uma grande variedade de armas, mas o problema é que elas, em suma maioria, não são interessantes. Não há uma real apreciação em usá-las, apenas fazem parte de um numero, na real.
  91. Aug 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Main point of shadow warrior is being a fast paced shooter&slasher It also supposed to be funny like the first game but this one is more annoying/decent than funny.
    I didn't like the rpg system of the game either It makes you grind like an mmo and I hate bullet sponges.
  92. May 31, 2020
    Really fun game

Satisfying melee and ranged combat
    Main character is funny
    Lots of loot
    Can be played in co op
  93. Oct 14, 2019
    This game is easiest to describe as a mix between Doom and Borderlands. The fusion of insanely fast and over the top FPC gameplay mixed with RPG mechanics make Shadow Warrior 2 a huge departure from the previous instalments in the Shadow Warrior series.
    Apart from a pretty weak story and some more than cringe worthy humour littered throughout the game, Shadow Warrior 2 was honestly a blast to play through. It features a large array of incredibly detailed and highly destructible environments to explore which are procedurally generated, apart from the story mission levels which are pre-set. There's a decent amount of side-quests and story missions to complete, there’s also free DLC which adds some bonus challenges and even more weapon customisation options. As for the actual enemy variation. It’s huge and features an impressive cast of different and colourful enemies to encounter, all of which can have their limbs individually dismembered which was a fun touch.
    And unlike Borderlands which has randomly generated weapons, Shadow Warrior 2 has around 80 pre-set weapons to find, but can be customised with a seemingly infinite amount of stat-modifiers to find and equip. As well as your weapons your character can be customised with a huge amount of different stat-modifiers as well, and skill points which can be allocated as you wish to level up certain abilities which you find throughout the game. I feel like I spent more of the game figuring out how I wanted to build my character than actually playing the game, it was seriously that enjoyable.
    The game itself is on the shorter side even if you do all the optional content, but there's a huge amount of difficulties to choose from and the game has new game plus. As well as all this the game has a co-op feature which is what I played in for the most part, but it doesn't work very well unfortunately. The multiplayer loading screens are ridiculously long, and quests that are completed in co-op will only register as finished for the host, which means we had to replay every quest multiple times so we'd all be up to the same point, this also meant we were insanely over-levelled a lot of the time. Other annoying things I noticed as well was that certain events in the game could only be triggered by the host such as collecting quest items, opening doors and triggering enemies to spawn.
    Despite some rather large glaring flaws I never once regretted my purchase of Shadow Warrior 2. It’s over the top gameplay and its deceptively intricate RPG elements made for a game with surprising depth and enjoyment.
  94. Nov 16, 2019
    Классный мясной шутер/рпг где ты играешь за японца с катаной пиздишь монстриков одновременно высирая смешные по мнению разрабов шутки. Хорошо оптимизированна, прикольная боевка, но цвета просто выедают глаза. 8
  95. Jun 19, 2020
    Mindless combat with little room for skill. Tedious inventory management, after every mission you have to sift through hundreds of items. Fun for the first hour
  96. Feb 24, 2020
    Pretty bad game only fun thing about this was playing with friends and laughing about how bad it is.
  97. Feb 6, 2020
    A decent fast paced FPS game. Melee battles are kinda chaotic, guns are an option but are weaker than melee weapons in this game so you're kinda stuck with melee most of the time. The storyline is okay.... the lines are kinda corny but that's the charm of the character so I'm okay with it. Overall a very okay game.
  98. Apr 17, 2020
    Shadow Warrior 2 es un loot shooter extremadamente genérico, que no se siente como si tuviese nada propio ni original. La historia es mala pero tampoco es algo que importe en este caso, los mapas se reciclan infinito y los enemigos también. A cambio, hay una buena variedad de armas y se pueden personalizar bastante según qué cosas les enganchemos. Gráficamente el juego no llama laShadow Warrior 2 es un loot shooter extremadamente genérico, que no se siente como si tuviese nada propio ni original. La historia es mala pero tampoco es algo que importe en este caso, los mapas se reciclan infinito y los enemigos también. A cambio, hay una buena variedad de armas y se pueden personalizar bastante según qué cosas les enganchemos. Gráficamente el juego no llama la atención, el sonido tampoco aunque se hace algo repetitivo.

El resultado de todo ello es que es un juego sin pena ni gloria, puede servir para matar unas horas si estás con necesidad de gatillo o motosierra, pero poco más. Un 5.
  99. Jan 1, 2021
    It is funny, pretty well placed and streamlined to be enjoyed by anyone. A bit too modernized for my taste but it would be hard to say what they could have done better. Surprisingly enjoyable.
  100. Apr 14, 2022
    Beautiful levels and environments await you in Shadow Warrior 2. You travel through the levels several times during the game - sometimes with different weather or seasons. I liked these changes. The environment is destructible to a large degree.
    You start with a sword, a pistol and a submachine gun. However, the arsenal of weapons is greatly increased in the first hour of play, and new weapons are added all the time. These can all be upgraded to have even more action-packed fights.
    The humor sometimes degrades the game into ridiculous irrelevance. It's funny, but it also takes away any basis for a believable or serious story.
    When you die it's not a big drama. Just continue from the last checkpoint. I think that's good.
    I found the side missions fun, the headhunt missions (on the board) are unfortunately farm-heavy.
    It has cool enemies.
    __
    In Shadow Warrior 2 erwarten dich schöne Levels und Umgebungen. Die Levels bereist man im Verlaufe des Spiels mehrmals - teilweise mit anderem Wetter oder Jahreszeit. Das fand ich eine gute Abwechslung. Die Umwelt ist zu einem grossen Grad zerstörbar.
    Man beginnt mit einem Schwert, einer Pistole und einer Maschinenpistole. Das Waffenarsenal wird aber schon in der ersten Spielstunde stark aufgestockt und es kommen immer wieder neue Waffen dazu. Diese kann man alle mit Upgrades versehen, um so noch actionreichere Kämpfe zu haben.
    Der Humor degradiert das Spiel machmal in eine lächerliche Belanglosigkeit. Er ist zwar lustig, aber nimmt auch jegliche Grundlage für eine glaubhafte oder ernsthafte Story.
    Wenn man stirbt ist es kein grosses Drama. Einfach vom letzten Checkpoint aus weitermachen. Das finde ich gut.
    Die Nebenmissionen fand ich spassig, die Headhunt-Aufträge (am Board) sind leider farmlastig.
    Es hat coole Gegner.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 13, 2017
    Lewd, crude, and possibly dangerous to know, Shadow Warriors 2 is nonetheless a rollicking first person shooter full of boomsticks and gibs.
  2. Dec 18, 2016
    Fun and frantic, but soon grows tiresome. [Issue#181, p.78]
  3. Dec 15, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is amazing. The shift from linear to semi-open-world shooter hasn't hurt the game since the action remains constant and adheres to the classic shooter style over the more modern one. The multitude of new weapons gives the game some variety, even when taking artifacts into account, and the solid combat ties everything together into a very enjoyable package, whether you're going solo or cooperatively. It ranks up there with Doom as one of the best pure shooters of the year and one of the best timed exclusives on the PC in this genre.