8.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 19, 2017
    So at first i didnt really care about this game but then thought to give it a try beucase i had some free time and omg this game is fun as hell but with friends on co op basiclly its borderlands 2 combined with doom but with japanies history you have a lot of weapons you can choose and find or get from missions , the world it self is kind of little and not big as a borderlands map but youSo at first i didnt really care about this game but then thought to give it a try beucase i had some free time and omg this game is fun as hell but with friends on co op basiclly its borderlands 2 combined with doom but with japanies history you have a lot of weapons you can choose and find or get from missions , the world it self is kind of little and not big as a borderlands map but you wont mind it because what you will be doing is cutting demons and yakuza with your friends i recommend this game but only in co op playing this game alone is really boring and gets on your nerves

pros-
    -good story
    - co op
    -nice graphics
    - a lot of weapons
    cons-
    -really boring to play alone
    -no after game missions (extra missions)
    -ends kinda quick (10 hours i think)

i give this game a 7.5/10
  2. Nov 18, 2017
    Shadow Warrior 2's enjoyable combat and RPG elements are too often drowned in a mixture of graphically terrible color arrangement, inefficient UI design, repetitive missions and a disappointing story full of stale dick jokes.
  3. Oct 21, 2016
    Take the combat system from the first game. Improve the gunplay and add more weapons. Ruin the level design and enemy balancing. Inject a slew of technical problems. Become Borderlands. Shadow Warrior 2, ladies and gents!
  4. Nov 15, 2016
    There's a mix of good and bad idea. I wanted a sequel to the 2013 reboot with the same frantic action but better level design, with more branching and or open area, that reward exploration. Maybe with faster movement. It's like a lazy genie half-assed my whish.

Faster Movement ? Check. Less cramped level ? Check. Still awesome dev ? Check. No DRM ? Check. But.... Some level are just,

Some level are just, but just boring open space with nothing to do or nothing to explore, and nothing that will make your jaw drop because of the design. Enemies are sparse and after defeating a group of them, you sometime walk for way too long in an empty area waiting for the next ones to comes at you. The game throw at you a tons of customization menu but that distract you from the core of the game. Too much isn't always better, folks. I want a shadow warrior were I shoot stuff in the face, not one were I spend 5 minute navigating tedious menu to min-max a weapon with mods.

Weapons are hit and miss and sometime feels like peashooters (both in sound and damage), at least until you upgrade them. Monsters are now getting the borderland/AARPG treatment with floating number, suffix and affix, which I'm not really fond of but heh. Technically the game runs very well but also feel less impressive visually than the last one.

Pleasant game overall. Not the GOTY I was expecting but definitely worth the price if you're craving for a FPS.
  5. Oct 22, 2016
    Don't really get the high review scores. As for a FPS, it's pretty uninspiring. The missions get repetitive quickly which also reflect the map design levels. At the beginning Lo Wang's quirky dialogue is funny but it gets repetitive and dull afterwards. If you enjoy mindless shooting of hordes of baddies in arena like maps, this game is for you. Co-op is a plus though.
  6. Jan 9, 2017
    Tedious gameplay all the way. The game looks very good and the graphics are ok, but it lacks good music and the combat overall has terrible mechanics, add that a poorly made voice acting and you have shadow warrior 2.
    One of the reasons I didn't enjoy this game is because the lack of ammo, I mean, give me some **** ammo!! It is a FPS how can they don't give players ammo! there's a level that enemies never drop ammo, so I have to use the swords wich are pretty bad overall, the swords doesn't make enough damage even with the upgrades, what a **** **** The weapons are not well implemented, most of the pistols are barely useless, there's no point in giving players a gun wich is not effective!! what the **** where they thinking? The old original shadow warrior is a classic, and a great fps, but the legacy is not well implemented in Shadow warrior 2. The missions are confusing and the whole argument makes no sense, hope they do a better job with Shadow warrior 3
  7. Oct 21, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is a game that excelled with its combat that paired up with a raunchy set of humor for a ride that despite its numerous shortcomings was an enjoyable game. The majority of my enjoyment stemmed from the fast paced and visceral combat as I sliced my way through robots, demons, and the Yakuza in their multitude of forms. You'd think everything is fine then, but outside theShadow Warrior 2 is a game that excelled with its combat that paired up with a raunchy set of humor for a ride that despite its numerous shortcomings was an enjoyable game. The majority of my enjoyment stemmed from the fast paced and visceral combat as I sliced my way through robots, demons, and the Yakuza in their multitude of forms. You'd think everything is fine then, but outside the combat and the accompanied visuals everything was just lackluster at the best of times.

Each character in the game struggled to be anything more than two dimensional. Unlike the first game no one had any character development, Wang himself has seemingly reverted back to how he was before the beginning of the first game dropping only raunchy jokes and arguing with Kamiko. To the games credit the jokes were enjoyable from start to finish, but a poor substitute for actual character development.

Resting solely on virtue signally the story never warms up nor is remember able for anything other than the women are all victims of men, and a bad cliff hanger that the game itself explained would be an extremely bad idea but is done because, you go girl.

Gorgeous looking yet shallow levels plague the game as well. Procedurally generation with only a handful of set pieces means you will within 4-5 missions have seen most of what is to be seen. Fortunately the game focuses on combat and fills these levels with respawning but a lovely variety of enemies that you'll have a workable slew of weapons and powers to slice, dice and murder the hell out of with.

The Good
    -Fast Paced Combat
    -Plenty of enemies to fight
    -Useful Powers
    -All play styles are plausible
    -Best Menu Music Ever
    -Good Sound Track
    -Visuals (not counting levels)
    -No Denuvo

The Bad
    -Game is easy even on Insane
    -No replay value
    -Bad Multiplayer connectivity (as of review)
    -Virtue signaling story
    -horrible cliff hanger ending
    -Procedurally generated levels have no staying power and become incredibly dull fast
    -Lack luster boss
    -Bullet sponge enhanced (read larger) enemies
    -Random Spawning enemies during a fight
    -Cheap Deaths
    -Have to read the lore to find out what happened (I like lore but forcing everyone to do so in order to know what is going on is a negative)
  8. Nov 23, 2016
    It's an ok game but as of Nov 2016 there are still some bugs. Definitely not worth its full price of £35. Visually too busy with too many weapon upgrades that are hard to track.
  9. Oct 22, 2016
    Actually really really good, and dismemberment and gore all over! Still keeping up a lot of the cheesy 'humor' from the earlier ones.
    Borderlands loot mechanic can be a hit or miss depending on your own opinion!
    New patch split the community from hating the changes to liking them. I'm neutral so far.

I only used ranged weapons 3 times by now.. sword-fighting is a lot more fun!
  10. Oct 14, 2016
    Played 2 hours. Game is beautiful and runs well, but sadly it is not a FPS and cannot compare to the previous games. If I want to spend my time looting and exploring empty levels I can play a rpg, this is boring as hell.
  11. Oct 14, 2016
    The sequel (in title, not franchise) is, in my opinion, not as strong as the first. The first was a solid slash-em-up with lots of ridiculous humour, excellent voice acting, and great gameplay.

Shadow Warrior 2 reminds me more of the Borderlands series than it does Shadow Warrior (2013). The main reason for this being the rather weird system of looting and using 'gems' (aka upgrades)

The main reason for this being the rather weird system of looting and using 'gems' (aka upgrades) to upgrade your weapons, which does indeed add a sense of creativity and unique combinations and whatnot, but it also removes any and all style and feel, and perhaps even character, that a weapon or gun has - you start looking at dps and numbers more than "Hm, which ridiculous, over the top weapon shall I pull out and **** em up with?"

The maps are large, true, but they also feel very chaotic and perhaps even random. Just shy of 4 hours in and I have already seen bits of maps reused multiple times in other 'instances'. Combine this with the fact that monsters are spawned randomly (leave and rejoin and the mobs will be completely different) and that, too, removes the feel and character of a certain place.

Furthermore, the 'quests' feel more like chores with little reason for being other than having you go places - more to fill time than to add to the experience. Quite soon you realise that the best way to deal with it is to just rush to the quest, do the thing, and go back. Mobs seem to scale with you and there's thus little reason to take the time to kill for experience.

I tried to make the game more interesting by adding to the challenge, so I upped the difficulty level from the 2nd to the 4th (highest) level, which did very little aside from make mobs drop more stuff and making it an annoyance to kill even the smallest thing.

All-in-all it seems like a failed attempt at diversifying the franchise. When I think Shadow Warrior, I think of running and hacking and slashing for hours on end, enjoying ridiculous jokes and quips. When I think of Shadow Warrior 2, I think of going through my inventory for hours on end to sort through all the junk I collected and trying to find some combination to get a few more DPS, seeing as that's what most of the game seems to centre around.

The gameplay feels like a chore, instead of absurd fun as I had expected going in.

5.5/10, with the majority of the points for technical aspects such as settings, which are all excellent and superbly done. The 0.5 is for the gameplay.
  12. Dec 6, 2016
    Firstly, this is the most futuristic game i have ever played!

My favourite parts of the game are the missions in Zilla enterprises because it is so god dam futuristic with hologram trees, plants, grass, banners, Robot AI enemies, futuristic elevators and full fledged city! The rest of the missions in my view were alright but really repetitive combat and enemies. Another thing is
    Firstly, this is the most futuristic game i have ever played!

Another thing is this game is so bloody easy! even on the hardest difficulty lol

The visuals are incredible in this game i was so blown away omg

The optimisation is fantastic no problems encountered in the whole game through.
    I really enjoyed the characters and dialogue in the game, lord wang is very funny at times and in my opinion the side missions were dam good.

I highly recommend this game for gamers that are looking for a major modern/futuristic experience with first person shooter/hack'n slash!!

I can't give this game any more than a 7 because unfortunately even though i love futuristic games there are other titles this generation of games i have enjoyed better...
  13. May 13, 2017
    Shadow Warrior II it's a classic shooter merged into modern graphic, stunning effects, stylized and cool animations with a simple RPG elements visually enriched from an incredible amount of artworks. The weakest point in my opinion is the way they fit the missions that aren’t exactly tailored like the first one but this time more fragmented and a way more repetitive. The multiplayer it’sShadow Warrior II it's a classic shooter merged into modern graphic, stunning effects, stylized and cool animations with a simple RPG elements visually enriched from an incredible amount of artworks. The weakest point in my opinion is the way they fit the missions that aren’t exactly tailored like the first one but this time more fragmented and a way more repetitive. The multiplayer it’s ok until you don’t have to deal with too much higher ping connection. Despite that, it’s fun, entertaining and not so bad if you alternate the single player campaign with the more chaotic co-op mode without losing under the main story side.

Flying Wild Hog is a very talented company that I follow since Hard Reset. They always paid attention to details and smooth game play with singular, funny weapons features. To be mentioned the remarkable choice to add elemental attributes like fire, thunder, ice and poison to the weapons itself, boosting their offensive potential and damage amount in the perfect way of the role play games. I was impressed on the double amount of visual stuff here compared to the first Shadow Warrior where the story, the plot, was a way stronger and well presented considering that Lo-Wang and company came from a 3DRealms 90’s classic. In particular, not really surprised from 3D elements (because they hold pretty much the standard, the ideal of beauty and candy-eye animations) but the pleasure of incredible 2D illustrations such menu backgrounds, role play style cards and so on that deserves a dedicated showroom.

Highly suggested to all the players that wants to have pure fun especially with friends in co-op mode.

Cheers!
  14. Oct 15, 2016
    Outdated graphics (worse than Crysis 1 from 2007), overcomplicated looting system, infinite dash turns the game into flickering madness at times, though maybe it's what players expect from the genre. Co-op is not as cooperative as I'd want: I often don't even know where my partner is and what he is doing, we basically each play his own game which just happens to have synchronized cutscenes.
  15. Oct 15, 2016
    Hello. I am Snyggo. No this is not a good game. For me it's just to much and not the style I like. It has bad graphics and bad looting system. I totally disagree that it's as good as DOOM 2016, which is much better on all fronts and doesnt include this anoying chinese/japanese voiceover guy. The main character Lo Wang is 110% anoying and nothing else. Doomguy would shoot the BFG on his jokes.
  16. May 8, 2017
    Combat is brisk, fluid, gun play and gameplay overall is highly entertaining, fresh concepts with modifiable weapons help to further player customization. Level design is decent, but you will essentially see many of the same large sprawling maps over and over again as you revisit them to complete both story or optional quests. Their isn't much incentive to actually do side-quests and theCombat is brisk, fluid, gun play and gameplay overall is highly entertaining, fresh concepts with modifiable weapons help to further player customization. Level design is decent, but you will essentially see many of the same large sprawling maps over and over again as you revisit them to complete both story or optional quests. Their isn't much incentive to actually do side-quests and the singleplayer story is criminally short due to this. The loot system is certainly interesting, but the game is far too easy even on regular difficulties to actual make use of revisiting locations, chests and fighting different combinations of enemies just to find a few gems to alter a few of your favorite weapons. The music is decent, very generic for the most part, the sound effects are great, very visceral and hilarious. The voice acting is also pretty decent. The writing however, is fairly poor, featuring a load of what should or could be funny quip's from Wang, but end up sounding forced or sometimes obnoxious. Surely Wang isn't the epitome of "Duke Nukem," not entirely anyway. Plot is pretty dull, something about rescuing a girls soul, which is trapped inside of Wang for the majority of the game. These two character interactions could've been more fun and its slightly frustrating that they couldn't really write or create good chemistry between them. After playing through the campaign, I didn't really have any desire to go back through it as the game is quite repetitive once you've seen most of the enemies and handled most of the guns. Graphically, the environments look stunning, often eye-catching-ly beautiful, but both character model designs and enemies are mediocre looking. The actual gun designs are fantastic though, definitely a highlight. I recall playing the original game and losing interest very quickly, but I think this game pretty much improves upon all the weaknesses found in the prequel. Expand
  17. Jan 5, 2017
    Good plot, nice voice acting and decent graphics even for average PCs. Moving your character and combat are flat and seem to have come from a 1990s shooter.
  18. Jan 4, 2019
    A bit late yes, but I have recently finished this game and boy it was such a joyful ride. Shadow warrior 2 is not the the Shadow Warrior I had in mind but even then the big changes to the game are not necessarily bad at all.
    Story is fairly cliche, characters are uninteresting, side stories are mostly silly and dialogues are just so plain and cheesy which makes this side of game very weak.

However, gameplay wise the game is very good. It takes inspirations from Borderlands, dropping a good amount of RPG in the game and introduces the player to Grinding for loot and skills points. Side missions are rewarding but toward the end game you end up having enough power in your firearm that is ultimately useless to do other side missions for weapons with only a insignificant power upgrades over your existing arsenal. the loot with weapon upgrades is a little bit too overpopulated and at time it becomes so boring to go back to menu again and again and try our new runes. Otherhand feeling to do more and more damage is very satisfying specially when you are dealing with storm of enemies around you. Character perks are good but i Personally did not feel much difference through upgrading them, some of them such as hit points, carrying more ammo are good but some others are really significant to progress the game. Chi powers are very underwhelming, and I did not find myself using anything other than healing paired up with a overpowered rune that halves chi cost of healing than healing. runes for character personal stats are good but very rare and hard to find as oppose to sea of weapon runes. Weapon variety is actually amazing, you find typical ones, modern ones and also demonic themes weapons, one of my favourite was a demonc assult rifle which I ended up using through out the whole game. The weapons themselves dont have any fling, or good voices, sometimes they feel so flat and similar and their power is only visible through seeing how much damage you deal to enemies, RPG elements such as enemy weakness, resist and immunes are much more important in harder difficulty and adds a good twist in the game. The action is smooth and very responsive but at times I find the screen to be overpopulated with effects.

Level variety is very good in this game, although some parts of map are reused, the day and night cycle and weather effects + clever open worldy, multiple path and layers maps are seriously well designed in the game. each map is filled with enemies, bosses, superior and elits with higher chance of exotic items and tones of stashes for loot, but other than grinding they do not encourage the player to explore which is OK. Graphic wise the game holds up well even know, jungles are pretty, rains is awesome, volumetric lighting and bloom effects are just amazing and create lovely asian vistas that we do not see much in games nowadays and makes this game truely a GEM.
    .Melee weapons are a bit useless, specially when enemy deals electricity and posions its just impossible to endure the amount of damage while using swords, in the other hand the chainsaws are straight up overpowered, pair it up with some Critical damage and shields and heals and resist and you can destroy elits in seconds. Toward the end game the Power that activates with Z makes the game way to easy, player is able to upgrade this skill quickly by farming and turn to a unstoppable killing machine, legit you are able to kill story bosses within seconds.
    Overall I feel like some stuff in the game is unbalanced, some stuff are really weak and some are overpowered, developers did a good job of implementing a RPG action in the game but it needs much more work if any 3rd is in development but I really enjoyed playing this game!
  19. Jul 4, 2017
    Five Word Review: Hectic gameplay with sassy assassin.
    Favorite Thing: The story and characters were enough to keep me going.
    Least Favorite Thing: After a while the gameplay started feeling extremely repetitive. I went with a melee build, maybe that was the problem. All the melee weapons handled nearly identical. Date Completed: 2017-07-03 Playtime: ~ 16h Enjoyment: 7/10
    Five Word Review: Hectic gameplay with sassy assassin.
    Favorite Thing: The story and characters were enough to keep me going.

Date Completed: 2017-07-03
    Playtime: ~ 16h
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    Recommendation: I'm a solid 'maybe'. Try a gun build, maybe you'll like it more.
  20. Jan 25, 2018
    Shadow Warrior 2 took a bold step by introducing some RPG-lite elements to its gameplay, including weapon and armor mods, side quests, crafting systems, leveling, and a central hub. Overall, I think these inclusions were mostly to the game's detriment as the side quests themselves aren't particularly meaningful and constitute mostly busywork. The leveling and central hub were implementedShadow Warrior 2 took a bold step by introducing some RPG-lite elements to its gameplay, including weapon and armor mods, side quests, crafting systems, leveling, and a central hub. Overall, I think these inclusions were mostly to the game's detriment as the side quests themselves aren't particularly meaningful and constitute mostly busywork. The leveling and central hub were implemented decently, though the hub itself could've been more dynamic.

Shadow Warrior 2 also features randomised maps, which unfortunately ensures you'll be coming across the exact same set pieces and game environments over and over again. Non-linearity was obviously a key priority for the developers as the levels are quite large and open with plenty of verticality, though again I feel they went a little overboard with the open level design, as it makes the maps feel unfocused, sometimes confusing to navigate and intimidating to explore.

The frantic action from Shadow Warrior (2013) is still there though, and improved with wider weapon selection and smoother maneuverability. The combat shines especially when you're a given a large open space with waves of numerous enemies to slice and dice in intense arena-style encounters. Even though there's a lot of explosive action going onscreen, the game was able to maintain a steady 60+ frames at the recommended spec, with a large array of graphics and UI options to tweak to your heart's content. Also, bonus points for the kickass soundtrack that plays in the main menu.

Overall rating - 7.3/10
  21. Oct 5, 2017
    It looks like the first Shadow Warrior, but it's not. Maybe the only 2 things that stayed the same is the wise-ass comments by the player's character (and they are entertaining for sure) and the madness of some of the battles. The story is also easy to grasp, not too boring and out of the way. Some of the boss battles, while manage to be intense, seem to try also to be epic, but ultimatelyIt looks like the first Shadow Warrior, but it's not. Maybe the only 2 things that stayed the same is the wise-ass comments by the player's character (and they are entertaining for sure) and the madness of some of the battles. The story is also easy to grasp, not too boring and out of the way. Some of the boss battles, while manage to be intense, seem to try also to be epic, but ultimately fail. And this type of failure kind-of defines, how the whole game feels.

Environments trying to be massive but feel repetitive and similar. Enemies trying to be memorable but don't require strategy. Story trying to go somewhere, but failing to make you care. Hidden places in levels that are already too randomized. A lot of different items to find, non of which you actually want or need. The looting/upgrade system is an overall mess.

All of that being said, the game still manages to be fun to play. It doesn't really match the atmosphere or the uniqueness of the first Shadow Warrior, but it's still worth the play. The sad thing is that it's just an average game. Better play the first one, if you haven't already, or maybe even if you have.
  22. Apr 17, 2022
  23. May 18, 2021
    5 years later and Shadow Warrior 2 still plays reasonably well. The game is packed with decent content including numerous weapons, customization/upgrades, side-quests; all contributing to a great replayability factor.

Meanwhile, the story does not lend itself too seriously, but it fits the game's over-the-top and comical theme. Unfortunately this does not integrate well with the game's art direction, as I found it too dark and grim, contrasting with the game's overall vibe.

Aside from that, the game's level design does leave a lot to be desired, as it is just pointless running within a sandbox killing everything in the way. Granted, the game is primarily all about its high-octane combat, but it would've been nice if a bit more creativity has been exercised in this regard.
  24. May 22, 2020
    The tightly scripted linear experience is better for telling an immersive narrative. I didn't enjoy the story as much as the first game, but I did enjoy the combat more so than the first game. Shadow Warrior 2 story, becomes broken up and disjointed due to the addition of a game world hub. Where main/side missions can be selected and stuff can be brought/sold mmo/rpg style.

The UI is

The UI is better and thank the stars no more of this double pull a stick this way and then pull a trigger to pull off a power move or to heal anymore. Lots more weapons and some more new powers/abilities to have a laugh with which is a bonus.

The story and the new or old characters I just didn't give a crap about. The graphics look washed out and not that sharp. With an over abundance of whats looks like a bloom effect gone wrong. The music created a good sense of ambiance and the mood of this game is fairly tongue in cheek. As in playing the cheeky a-hole that is Wang Lo.

Technically this game is a big fat zero out of ten, because of a non-progression bug that killed my game off just under 15 hours with a 41% completion rate. So like wow I can't even finish my game, meh. Seriously only one dumb auto save really? The first reboot game had manual saves and multiple autosaves. Had to restart the game and did finally finish it. So as for the 59% I missed? Well I didn't miss out much.
  25. CBH
    Oct 17, 2017
    A huge disappointment, but still a functional game which is fun in short bursts. If I could, and assuming 1 is unplayable, 10 is the best game ever, and 5 is a sterile flatline, I'd rate it a 6.5. The procedural generated maps are extremely sameish and a huge step down from hand crafted. The weapons, items and game design follow a quantity is a quality of its own design philosophy, withA huge disappointment, but still a functional game which is fun in short bursts. If I could, and assuming 1 is unplayable, 10 is the best game ever, and 5 is a sterile flatline, I'd rate it a 6.5. The procedural generated maps are extremely sameish and a huge step down from hand crafted. The weapons, items and game design follow a quantity is a quality of its own design philosophy, with many being quite hit and miss. The general design of the game is that more is better, and they seem to pack as much bloat as they possibly can into everything they possibly can. The game feels much more like a Borderlands ripoff than anything Shadow Warrior related, with a semi open world and sameish "kill 16 Xs" quests. Enemies almost always follow the same format, with occasionally recolours showing up with special damages. This is a massive step down from the prior game, where every enemy fulfilled a role and had something unique about them.

However, the biggest disappointment is that the story of the prior Shadow Warrior game is nearly completely abandoned. Lo Wang went through a ton of character development in the prequel, having been humbled from an arrogant, self absorbed punk to a much wiser, stronger and collected character, as mentioned by a certain someone late on. This has been thrown out the window in the name of hundreds of hit and miss dirty jokes and a prick persona less endearing than that of the first.
  26. Nov 7, 2018
    Shadow Warrior 2 switches classic linear shooter formula to Borderlands-like mix of FPS and Diablo with a lot of side quests and randomized loot. Handling tons of weapon upgrades and elemental mods is annoying at first, but I've got used to it very quickly.

SW2 improves some aspects of the previous title like graphics, gunplay, enemy and weapon variety; leaves some elements unchanged like awful dialogues and overall boring and predictable story.
    But it fails in one important thing - level design. It became very obvious when I looked at the top right corner of the screen and found a detailed minimap where every single item, enemy and point of interest was marked. There is even a drawn route to your current objective! Levels in SW2 are so messy that it is almost impossible to navigate them without such minimap.

Overall SW2 is a decent FPS/Slasher mostly because of the very satisfying melee combat, inherited from the previous game.
  27. Aug 15, 2019
    O jogo não é ruim, mas peca em alguns aspectos importantissimos que levam longevidade basica ao game. O que resutou no meu abandono, bem proximo do final do game.

A jogabilidade é suave, porém, a sensibilidade é muito minimalista. Pessoas que usam a mesma sensi no Hipfire e ADS sofrem em casos como esse. Mas não é algo que realmente atrapalhe, visto que precição não é requerida. Os

Os graficos são bonitos. O jogo conta com muitos efeitos, e isso pode ser ruim pra algumas pessoas. Tudo fica muito artificial. E, falando em graficos, o jogo é MUITO mal otimizado. Não há nada que explique a carga que esse jogo poe no processador. Muitas vezes não é possivel segurar 60fps, mesmo com o jogo usando 80% do meu Ryzen [detalhe, isso tambem aconteceu no processador da intel de um amigo meu] - tava jogando titanfall 2, e lá, eu consigo 144fps constantes no ultra. Qual a dificuldade de fazem uma otimização se quer mediocre?! -

A historia é fraca e os personagens não são interessantes ou carismaticos. Como o jogo deve ser jogado em coop, eu nem exijo tanto disso, mas sei lá, é o minimo que se espera de um jogo.

Tambem há uma grande variedade de armas, mas o problema é que elas, em suma maioria, não são interessantes. Não há uma real apreciação em usá-las, apenas fazem parte de um numero, na real.
  28. Aug 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Main point of shadow warrior is being a fast paced shooter&slasher It also supposed to be funny like the first game but this one is more annoying/decent than funny.
    I didn't like the rpg system of the game either It makes you grind like an mmo and I hate bullet sponges.
  29. Oct 14, 2019
    This game is easiest to describe as a mix between Doom and Borderlands. The fusion of insanely fast and over the top FPC gameplay mixed with RPG mechanics make Shadow Warrior 2 a huge departure from the previous instalments in the Shadow Warrior series.
    Apart from a pretty weak story and some more than cringe worthy humour littered throughout the game, Shadow Warrior 2 was honestly a blast to play through. It features a large array of incredibly detailed and highly destructible environments to explore which are procedurally generated, apart from the story mission levels which are pre-set. There's a decent amount of side-quests and story missions to complete, there’s also free DLC which adds some bonus challenges and even more weapon customisation options. As for the actual enemy variation. It’s huge and features an impressive cast of different and colourful enemies to encounter, all of which can have their limbs individually dismembered which was a fun touch.
    And unlike Borderlands which has randomly generated weapons, Shadow Warrior 2 has around 80 pre-set weapons to find, but can be customised with a seemingly infinite amount of stat-modifiers to find and equip. As well as your weapons your character can be customised with a huge amount of different stat-modifiers as well, and skill points which can be allocated as you wish to level up certain abilities which you find throughout the game. I feel like I spent more of the game figuring out how I wanted to build my character than actually playing the game, it was seriously that enjoyable.
    The game itself is on the shorter side even if you do all the optional content, but there's a huge amount of difficulties to choose from and the game has new game plus. As well as all this the game has a co-op feature which is what I played in for the most part, but it doesn't work very well unfortunately. The multiplayer loading screens are ridiculously long, and quests that are completed in co-op will only register as finished for the host, which means we had to replay every quest multiple times so we'd all be up to the same point, this also meant we were insanely over-levelled a lot of the time. Other annoying things I noticed as well was that certain events in the game could only be triggered by the host such as collecting quest items, opening doors and triggering enemies to spawn.
    Despite some rather large glaring flaws I never once regretted my purchase of Shadow Warrior 2. It’s over the top gameplay and its deceptively intricate RPG elements made for a game with surprising depth and enjoyment.
  30. Feb 6, 2020
    A decent fast paced FPS game. Melee battles are kinda chaotic, guns are an option but are weaker than melee weapons in this game so you're kinda stuck with melee most of the time. The storyline is okay.... the lines are kinda corny but that's the charm of the character so I'm okay with it. Overall a very okay game.
  31. Apr 17, 2020
    Shadow Warrior 2 es un loot shooter extremadamente genérico, que no se siente como si tuviese nada propio ni original. La historia es mala pero tampoco es algo que importe en este caso, los mapas se reciclan infinito y los enemigos también. A cambio, hay una buena variedad de armas y se pueden personalizar bastante según qué cosas les enganchemos. Gráficamente el juego no llama laShadow Warrior 2 es un loot shooter extremadamente genérico, que no se siente como si tuviese nada propio ni original. La historia es mala pero tampoco es algo que importe en este caso, los mapas se reciclan infinito y los enemigos también. A cambio, hay una buena variedad de armas y se pueden personalizar bastante según qué cosas les enganchemos. Gráficamente el juego no llama la atención, el sonido tampoco aunque se hace algo repetitivo.

El resultado de todo ello es que es un juego sin pena ni gloria, puede servir para matar unas horas si estás con necesidad de gatillo o motosierra, pero poco más. Un 5.
  32. Jan 1, 2021
    It is funny, pretty well placed and streamlined to be enjoyed by anyone. A bit too modernized for my taste but it would be hard to say what they could have done better. Surprisingly enjoyable.
  33. Apr 14, 2022
    Beautiful levels and environments await you in Shadow Warrior 2. You travel through the levels several times during the game - sometimes with different weather or seasons. I liked these changes. The environment is destructible to a large degree.
    You start with a sword, a pistol and a submachine gun. However, the arsenal of weapons is greatly increased in the first hour of play, and new weapons are added all the time. These can all be upgraded to have even more action-packed fights.
    The humor sometimes degrades the game into ridiculous irrelevance. It's funny, but it also takes away any basis for a believable or serious story.
    When you die it's not a big drama. Just continue from the last checkpoint. I think that's good.
    I found the side missions fun, the headhunt missions (on the board) are unfortunately farm-heavy.
    It has cool enemies.
    __
    In Shadow Warrior 2 erwarten dich schöne Levels und Umgebungen. Die Levels bereist man im Verlaufe des Spiels mehrmals - teilweise mit anderem Wetter oder Jahreszeit. Das fand ich eine gute Abwechslung. Die Umwelt ist zu einem grossen Grad zerstörbar.
    Man beginnt mit einem Schwert, einer Pistole und einer Maschinenpistole. Das Waffenarsenal wird aber schon in der ersten Spielstunde stark aufgestockt und es kommen immer wieder neue Waffen dazu. Diese kann man alle mit Upgrades versehen, um so noch actionreichere Kämpfe zu haben.
    Der Humor degradiert das Spiel machmal in eine lächerliche Belanglosigkeit. Er ist zwar lustig, aber nimmt auch jegliche Grundlage für eine glaubhafte oder ernsthafte Story.
    Wenn man stirbt ist es kein grosses Drama. Einfach vom letzten Checkpoint aus weitermachen. Das finde ich gut.
    Die Nebenmissionen fand ich spassig, die Headhunt-Aufträge (am Board) sind leider farmlastig.
    Es hat coole Gegner.
  34. May 21, 2022
    Kardeşimle beraber oynadım. Eğlenceli, stres atmalık, Doom benzeri, kafa yormayan, önüne geleni öldürdüğün düz bir oyun olmuş.
  35. Nov 24, 2020
    One of few games that were too boring to finish llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  36. Dec 18, 2021
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Generally favorable reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 13, 2017
    Lewd, crude, and possibly dangerous to know, Shadow Warriors 2 is nonetheless a rollicking first person shooter full of boomsticks and gibs.
  2. Dec 18, 2016
    Fun and frantic, but soon grows tiresome. [Issue#181, p.78]
  3. Dec 15, 2016
    Shadow Warrior 2 is amazing. The shift from linear to semi-open-world shooter hasn't hurt the game since the action remains constant and adheres to the classic shooter style over the more modern one. The multitude of new weapons gives the game some variety, even when taking artifacts into account, and the solid combat ties everything together into a very enjoyable package, whether you're going solo or cooperatively. It ranks up there with Doom as one of the best pure shooters of the year and one of the best timed exclusives on the PC in this genre.