8.5

1. Jun 29, 2021
    Game has a great sense of scale and a really nice aesthetic, the combat is ok, not too great, but not horrible, the lore is dense and you are compelling to explore the world trying to understand wth is going on, the game took me almost 20 hour to finish it, and have 5 different endings, it's is a nice addition to the souls like genre, my only complain is that's sometimes the game is tooGame has a great sense of scale and a really nice aesthetic, the combat is ok, not too great, but not horrible, the lore is dense and you are compelling to explore the world trying to understand wth is going on, the game took me almost 20 hour to finish it, and have 5 different endings, it's is a nice addition to the souls like genre, my only complain is that's sometimes the game is too vague for his own good Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 12, 2021
    Falling somewhere between Dark Souls and Shadow of the Colossus, Shattered offers a huge, beautiful world full of secrets and shortcuts that’s a joy to explore, and adds platforming sequences to the mix. The game has a lot going for it, but it’s also full of bugs (minor but very numerous) and most of its bosses are rather bland. [04/2021, p.42]
  2. May 29, 2021
    Shattered – Tale of the Forgotten King has so many things going for it. It looks absolutely stunning with its protagonist filled with jagged edges, its melancholic soundtrack with its twangy acoustic guitars, and the story behind its creation is super sweet and inspiring. However, this is a game that has been in early access for nearly two years. Steam is full of players offering suggestions in their reviews of what needs improving, but a lot of these repeated suggestions have not been taken on. Shattered needed to be worked on a bit more before it was smashed into pieces and served up to its audience.
  3. Mar 29, 2021
    I really wanted to like Shattered – Tale of the Forgotten King, and there are definitely aspects of this game that are praiseworthy, but it wore me down through the constant repetition of fighting the same enemies with the same tactics and the frequent feeling of not knowing where exactly I was or where I was supposed to go. I’m sure there’s more to discover than I did by the time I found my way to a bad ending and the closing credits, but I don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to dive back in and uncover it.