8.4

1. EdY.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Everything is nice but one thing I don't like is that the computer controlled players are too unfairly powerful (in harder levels). It seems they don't need an effort to produce a large army in a short time and and maintain it. I like everything in the game except that I feel the challenges should be on AI but not on the "unfairness."
  2. DonF.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Great graphics, how the.....do you delete excess saved games,and your patch screwed the game up, they should`nt be able to do you can`t.
  3. TomC.
    Mar 8, 2007
    I liked it quite a bit until competing civilizations started completing wonders 1 turn before I did (on regent level).
  4. Dec 20, 2011
    Well if you haven't already got this game don't get it, instead get Civ II or Civ IV both of which are light years better than this bargain bin game. This is basically a 2nd release of Civ II but with more bugs, still isn't "horrible" but it's a waste of money when you can just get Civ II. My ranking of the civilization series
    Civ IV (95/100)
    Civ II (92/100) Civ I (88/100) Civ V (76/100)
    Civ IV (95/100)
    Civ II (92/100)
    Civ I (88/100)
    Civ V (76/100)
    Civ III (54/100)
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    Not particuarly great. It does have colonies, which I love, but it is too expansive for me. Combat is annoying due to one unit who fights is destroyed. The scenarios, however, I enjoy! Once again, numbers required to win pisses me off! I like doing it germany through russia style!
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    A fun game that you will want too keep playing even though your AI opponents seem to be able too accomplish feats you would never be able too. The graphics are good and the user interface has been improved. But still the game play is not as good as Civ II.
  7. Jan 23, 2018
    このテキストは私のプロフィールにスコアが表示されるようにここにあります。

1. If you're a fan of the series or of the genre, then I can readily recommend picking up Civilization III -- just keep in mind that it may not be all you expected, especially later in the game.
  2. Computer Gaming World
    It was difficult to write this review, because each time I started the game to check on some detail, six hours mysteriously vanished. [Jan 2002, p.92]
  3. Complex combat, climbing the tech tree, and resource management (commonly found in RTS games) make Civ III a deep strategy game – far beyond a simple Simulation game.