6.3

Jan 10, 2009
    In Silent hill universe :
    1st: Silent Hill 1 (PS1) .... total cllasic.No silent hill game can be better
    2nd:Silent Hill 2
    3rd:Silent Hill Origins(short but not bad)
    then Silent Hill Room and Silent Hill 3
    ...and here Silent Hill Homecoming.PC version have many bugs but i still thing its a good game.Very good game but not good Silent Hill....and worst story in SH games ever.
  2. TJ
    Jan 15, 2009
    Silent Hill 5 to me is something a bit off the charts from the original essence of the game, but it gives a different chapter or book in the game based on the differences. This game perhaps could of been more, or less, but what it did give was a fun, and interesting gameplay that I enjoyed, and added to my Silent Hill collection. I enjoyed playing a character a lot different from the Silent Hill 5 to me is something a bit off the charts from the original essence of the game, but it gives a different chapter or book in the game based on the differences. This game perhaps could of been more, or less, but what it did give was a fun, and interesting gameplay that I enjoyed, and added to my Silent Hill collection. I enjoyed playing a character a lot different from the others based on his military background, and I did feel a bit scared at times. DEF not a hardcore chapter to the series, but good enough. Expand
  3. liquidj
    Mar 22, 2009
    If you like the "alone in the dark/ resident evil style" then this is your game. Other wise its not the true silent hill we all hoped for. Creative combat/action but not scary took every element from the movie (bad move). but holds up well to keep you entertained.
  4. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is the one that i most dislike on Silent Hill, it's not a bad game so i gave it a 5, but it surely is the weakest link of the collection in my opinion. I don't like the fact that Alex is too strong with the weapons. The good thing is the graphic design. The bosses are very scary and strong a thing that balance the character strength. Remember, this game is not bad, is just theThis game is the one that i most dislike on Silent Hill, it's not a bad game so i gave it a 5, but it surely is the weakest link of the collection in my opinion. I don't like the fact that Alex is too strong with the weapons. The good thing is the graphic design. The bosses are very scary and strong a thing that balance the character strength. Remember, this game is not bad, is just the worst Silent Hill game along with Book of Memories and should have been better, both of them. Oh and when i try to play it with a ps3 controller on my pc = Fail. Unfortunately there is no solution for that. I have taken 1 point for that aspect Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2016
    I strongly suggest staying away from this game for fans of the series and other gamers alike.
    Plot is weak, characters are never developed, gameplay takes the weakest parts of original games and adds broken combat mechanics, graphics at times nice, mostly looks bland and generic and multiple endings are just an excuse. Overall I can say it's a lackluster experience and you can avoid it without missing anything. For me it was just the last silenthill I've beaten as a chore.
  6. Dec 1, 2012
    A very disappointing game for old-school Silent Hill fans.
    This joins a game genre which we can call "modern horror", which is, in a few words, a horror made for kiddies who don't like real horrors/games.
    Another saga ruined. Congrats. Graphics are bad, as well as the performance, there aren't very detailed graphics settings, gameplay is bad, as well as the story (it can't be even
    A very disappointing game for old-school Silent Hill fans.
    Another saga ruined. Congrats.
    Graphics are bad, as well as the performance, there aren't very detailed graphics settings, gameplay is bad, as well as the story (it can't be even compared to the old ones), and it's not scary. I would give it a 4-4.5, but it is very good compared to Downpour (should I give it -2, if I gave 4 to this?).
  7. Sep 15, 2016
    What I love about Silent Hill is the story lines and ambience... I love this iteration for those reasons as well... What I do not enjoy is when a game becomes so difficult that it becomes all about finger dexterity. When I got to the police station, the axe-headed beasts were simply too much. After many hours trying to kill them, I had to simply quit trying. I wish there were an easierWhat I love about Silent Hill is the story lines and ambience... I love this iteration for those reasons as well... What I do not enjoy is when a game becomes so difficult that it becomes all about finger dexterity. When I got to the police station, the axe-headed beasts were simply too much. After many hours trying to kill them, I had to simply quit trying. I wish there were an easier setting for those of us who are more into exploring and solving puzzles, as with the earlier Silent Hill games. If Homecoming had such a difficulty setting, I would have given this one a 10 out of 10. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2018
    SHH is not a bad game. To my disappointment, it's just not worthy to be called Silent Hill because it lacks the athmosphere and the grandesse of its prequels. I found it in no way scary, but it may be my personal fault.
  9. Jan 5, 2021
    It's a decent game in it's own right. A decent combat system and a good story, whilst also having lackluster puzzles and not enough atmospshere and horror, like Silent Hill 1-3. And an absolutely horrendous PC version with major problems, although they are fixable. An enjoyable game in my book but not captivating.
  10. Sep 14, 2021
    Who let an american put a finger on the franchise.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Game Informer
    Fans will probably dig the game’s cool set pieces and the story, but the save points are placed too far apart, many puzzles require too much random experimentation, and the dialogue system seems like an afterthought. [Nov 2008, p.118]
    The game feels like a bit of a letdown. The gameplay has been reduced from a tense psychological experience fraught with spine tingling jumps and scares to a generic, predictable action title set in the location with good graphics and a great soundtrack.
  3. Gamers.at
    Homecoming isn’t bad per se, it’s just that it isn’t frightening enough to be worthy of the Silent Hill-name. It might be a mildly enjoyable Action-game, but not much beyond that. [Issue#17]