6.3

1. Borealis
    Jan 31, 2010
    This is not bad game. Maybe, it's not THAt old Silent Hill, maybe bad porting on PC (But I haven't got problems with it at all), but its really good horror game with pretty graphics. Monsters are awesome.
  2. ChrisB.
    Nov 20, 2008
    This is probably the second best silent hill game to date. If I hadn't played Silent Hill 2 I probably would have liked it even more. It's only problem is that it is very very Silent Hill... and if you know the town then you may feel like you already know this game. It borrows heavily from the movie, I liked that, but some purists might take issue. Disregard the low review This is probably the second best silent hill game to date. If I hadn't played Silent Hill 2 I probably would have liked it even more. It's only problem is that it is very very Silent Hill... and if you know the town then you may feel like you already know this game. It borrows heavily from the movie, I liked that, but some purists might take issue. Disregard the low review scores on the PC version. This is a worthy triple A title, and giving it a 55 is just ridiculous. Expand
  3. KulhainKulhain
    Jan 28, 2009
    I haven't played many Silent Hill games, but I've been having a good time with this one (well, good is relative given how disturbing the game is - but you know what I mean). To me, it's a solid Silent Hill title. I docked it 2 points because it gets laggy sometimes and I wish it had more puzzles.
  4. LeeC
    Jul 26, 2009
    Graphics Brilliant Game play Brilliant but it would of got full 10 ... it pauses between fight scenes ... im total fan of Silent hils and this is the best for graphics and sounds ... but errors with pauses and save points are a little far between.
  5. VeronicaT
    Jan 13, 2009
    The game is actually a masterpiece and dares to go there... Covers areas that no ordinary Silent Hill would ever go. I have played every Silent Hill. This one in particular is bold. None of the confusing endings or mixed up stories featured in the previous versions of Silent Hill. Graphics are pleasing. Combat is intense. Loading is questionable. Dialog... PERFECT! Soundtrack... Amazing! The game is actually a masterpiece and dares to go there... Covers areas that no ordinary Silent Hill would ever go. I have played every Silent Hill. This one in particular is bold. None of the confusing endings or mixed up stories featured in the previous versions of Silent Hill. Graphics are pleasing. Combat is intense. Loading is questionable. Dialog... PERFECT! Soundtrack... Amazing! Graphics... Wonderful. I do miss the old dynamic camera angles featured in the other silent hills. Character designs are great! Story is unpredictable... Which is a good thing for horror games. It is absolutely worth the $50!!! Expand
  6. Dec 26, 2011
    Great atmospheric game, challenging and scary. Provides scary settings for a scary story, overall really fun to play.
  7. RyanH
    Nov 18, 2009
    Great game, i personally thought it was freaky as all hell, still gives me the creeps. i dont get where everyone says this game is horrible, good story, intense fighting, great graphics, nice music. good enough for me. i give it a 10 easy.
  8. RichD
    Dec 30, 2009
    I'm giving SH5 a ten because its not the same as the other games it is a bit different and i think thats what makes it good its not the same old thing over again.
  9. Dec 13, 2011
    all together its a good game and sadly the only silent hill title on steam...

the graphics nice to look at, especially shadow and light effects. music and sound effects keep the atmosphere dark, the animations look very nice and after the first 20 percent of the game it gets scary too. negative about it: the riddles are not so inventive, silimar to other games. also it took a while to
    all together its a good game and sadly the only silent hill title on steam...

the graphics nice to look at, especially shadow and light effects.

negative about it: the riddles are not so inventive, silimar to other games.
    also it took a while to get used to the controls.

if youre a fan of the horror genre, this one shouldnt be missing in your inventory.
  10. RyanF
    Dec 31, 2009
    It seems most of the people giving this game a low rating are looking for something else -- Silent Hill, you know, that game that came out on the Playstation years ago? Stop being nostalgic. Sure, this game isn't everything the older games were, but it's still damn good.
  11. Oct 4, 2012
    This game is not what most will expect of a Silent Hill title. It features more action - splatter elements included. The atmosphere is great, though, I particulary liked the elements taken from the movie. A few puzzles as we know them remain, and they are good and also pretty hard, at least the ones I remember. I had a lot of fun fighting the monsters. So although it's not your typicalThis game is not what most will expect of a Silent Hill title. It features more action - splatter elements included. The atmosphere is great, though, I particulary liked the elements taken from the movie. A few puzzles as we know them remain, and they are good and also pretty hard, at least the ones I remember. I had a lot of fun fighting the monsters. So although it's not your typical Silent Hill, it's still a great game. I give it only 8/10 for not being very scary though. Expand
  12. Mar 30, 2013
    Evereone say bad game, i say good, i bad know English so i shold be to go LOL. Ok ok this is no many hmmm, one when i dont like about pc port, why this bad, when in ps3 and xbox360 good?
  13. Feb 11, 2014
    The enemy of this PC game is the SH status . The control of game pad xbox is good. You can defend with a knife or a gun , not like OUTLAST or MEMORIES SHATTERED . The story is sad but you have to end th game to know. I liked it very much. I ENJOYED IT. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.
  14. Jul 8, 2015
    Even if it reminds me the newest resident evil games, this game manages to capture the atmosphere of the old silent hill games into a new, more dynamic perspective.
  15. Oct 26, 2015
    I didn't want to write a review until I finished the game 100%. Well this game was a huge surprise to me since I had only seen bad reviews and critics about it for years but after playing it myself all I can say is the game is not bad at all. The PC port is crap for sure but once I made it work with patching and modding the game is very enjoyable. Not the best SH game but a genuine SH gameI didn't want to write a review until I finished the game 100%. Well this game was a huge surprise to me since I had only seen bad reviews and critics about it for years but after playing it myself all I can say is the game is not bad at all. The PC port is crap for sure but once I made it work with patching and modding the game is very enjoyable. Not the best SH game but a genuine SH game in the end. Graphics are fine they look ok for a 2008 game althought they don't captue the essence of SH all that well 9/10. The music sound and voice acting are all fine but once again they are not as scary as other SH games 8/10. The gameplay and controls are very awkward and take time to get used to them, it was very frustrating at first and this can be a turndown for many not to mention all the button mashing when fighting any monster or boss so thats a 7/10. The story of this game was really it's good point. hadn't seen such a great story since SH2 very good story worthy of a movie 10/10. Last appeal 8/10 the game is great and has good graphics and a great story but the broken controls and fighting style are a huge turn down not to mention it doesn't have many riddles or puzzels and when it does they are those slide square kinda ones. The sounds and graphics don't capture the essence of Silent Hill all that well either, besides that great game 8/10 RECOMMENDED for any true Silent Hill fan and horror lover. THE PC PORT is BAD btw but CAN BE FIXED WITH PATCHING AND MODS. Expand
  16. Jan 27, 2019
    Nice own atmosphere, good graphic and monsters, the story is not bad, but disbalanced savepoints, bad gameplay and some bugs make it just middle game + (Russian localization is incredible crappy)
  17. Nov 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Silent Hill: Homecoming,im rating 10/10 love the silent hill games best game ever made. Love sh1, sh2, sh3, sh4 remake this games. Pls Expand
  18. Jul 1, 2020
    The Silent Hill game that brought me back to horror. I beg to differ and say I actually enjoyed playing this one despite the flaws.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Game Informer
    Fans will probably dig the game’s cool set pieces and the story, but the save points are placed too far apart, many puzzles require too much random experimentation, and the dialogue system seems like an afterthought. [Nov 2008, p.118]
    The game feels like a bit of a letdown. The gameplay has been reduced from a tense psychological experience fraught with spine tingling jumps and scares to a generic, predictable action title set in the location with good graphics and a great soundtrack.
  3. Gamers.at
    Homecoming isn’t bad per se, it’s just that it isn’t frightening enough to be worthy of the Silent Hill-name. It might be a mildly enjoyable Action-game, but not much beyond that. [Issue#17]