5.3

1. Mar 27, 2016
    As much as this game seems tailor made for my personal tastes, it just feels unpolished, badly connected and with a very loose art direction. Simple things remind you all the time this was made by a small team with a small budget; such thing as such as menus, transitions screens, sound effetcs and colisions... I can´t play a 2d game on 2016 that plays worse than games 20~30 years older. IfAs much as this game seems tailor made for my personal tastes, it just feels unpolished, badly connected and with a very loose art direction. Simple things remind you all the time this was made by a small team with a small budget; such thing as such as menus, transitions screens, sound effetcs and colisions... I can´t play a 2d game on 2016 that plays worse than games 20~30 years older. If you're interested on this genre do look for Odallus The Dark Call, at least Odallus made his homework before releasing the game. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2016
    Let me start by listing the great things about this. The art, the music, the concept. Absolutely freaking beautiful. I was expecting a tight platformer like Castlevania or Metroid. I was totally disappointed.

The controls are unchangeable, and silly. The jump button is automatically mapped to the "Select" Button and cannot be configured or mapped to any other button. The detection boxes need to be reworked.

This game is like a hot boy/girl who looks absolutely gorgeous. But once you meet them you find out they chew with their mouth open, eat their boogers, and support Donald Trump.

This game plays like an Alpha release. Don't waste your money. Don't pick up this game.
  3. Jul 30, 2016
    not my idea of fun really, just very buggy and has an unpolished feel to it. Almost like its unfinished. lets hope they fix it with an update??? you never know

1. Jun 20, 2016
    Slain! is a poser, well-dressed and intentioned but vacuous, contributing nothing to the scene. It has the spiked gauntlets, the long hair, the denim jacket; but the house lights are on and everything’s out of tune.
  2. May 27, 2016
    Slain! is in the middle between its beautiful atmosphere and its problematic gameplay, which is unable to fully valorize it. The biggest problem lies in its structure, enjoyable but still wasted if compared to the game's potential.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 18, 2016
    Boring, frustrating and technically ruined arcades are unworthy to play. Slain! deserves attention only because of its decent soundtrack. [Issue#263]