5.3

1. Aug 11, 2016
    This game was released too early so they could make it's funder's happy. Metacritic needs to adopt the kind of review system Steam has adopted where reviews can be changed. By the second patch this game became one of the top 20 platformers ever made. I deserves to have it's score updated.
  2. Aug 9, 2016
    This game was a piece of hot garbage at launch; broken controls, frustrating combat system, far too many bugs. That has completely turned around. It isn't perfect by any stretch, but the combat is now actually quite fun, the game feels much more balanced (you don't have to grind out battles against lesser enemies); the whole thing feels almost completely re-designed. Luckily theThis game was a piece of hot garbage at launch; broken controls, frustrating combat system, far too many bugs. That has completely turned around. It isn't perfect by any stretch, but the combat is now actually quite fun, the game feels much more balanced (you don't have to grind out battles against lesser enemies); the whole thing feels almost completely re-designed. Luckily the Castlevania aesthetic and metal soundtrack are still in tact. If this looked cool to you prior to the horrific (but well deserved) reviews, give it another chance. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2016
    It seems the first version of this game was awful, i don't know, but that the which one i'm playing at the moment is awsome. A very fun classic 2D arcade platformer. I'm really looking forward to a 2nd part or another game like this.

PROS: responsive and smooth controls + varied game + different kind of fighting (different swords and magic, both max powered option) + challenging game + etc
    CONS: sometimes it can be very difficult but if you insist, you're patient and think about the combination of sword and magic (and their max powered) you'll finally beat
  4. Apr 1, 2016
    Rough atmosphere, superb, fluent pixel art, thrilling soundtrack, engaging and addictive gameplay. I can't ask for anything better. I hope these guys will have the recognition they deserve, and that there will be a sequel.
  5. Apr 1, 2016
    Some see it clearly similar to Castlevania. Symphony of the Night and in my opinion it is true. It has an action gameplay, excellent physics, which is demostrated when you break the wall and a stone block drops down with the character, you can slightly move it from side to side, all the "special effects" needed, which sre making the game's atmosphere darker. It literally adsorbs the playerSome see it clearly similar to Castlevania. Symphony of the Night and in my opinion it is true. It has an action gameplay, excellent physics, which is demostrated when you break the wall and a stone block drops down with the character, you can slightly move it from side to side, all the "special effects" needed, which sre making the game's atmosphere darker. It literally adsorbs the player as you pass through first stages and get into the game. Describing the soundtrack I just can't use words like "mesmerizing", "awesome", " intense", none of this gets close to what it really feels like. In general, the music is just enchanting. I always followed the idea that music is the essential part of every game. Who would play a silent game with pleasure?
    In my opinion, it cant get lower than 10/10. Excellent.
  6. Mar 29, 2016
    Aweasome game. Slain showed my entire youth in front my eyes! This game has a lot of stuff that you'll like. Soundtrack and metroidvania, like the nines!

1. Jun 20, 2016
    Slain! is a poser, well-dressed and intentioned but vacuous, contributing nothing to the scene. It has the spiked gauntlets, the long hair, the denim jacket; but the house lights are on and everything’s out of tune.
  2. May 27, 2016
    Slain! is in the middle between its beautiful atmosphere and its problematic gameplay, which is unable to fully valorize it. The biggest problem lies in its structure, enjoyable but still wasted if compared to the game's potential.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 18, 2016
    Boring, frustrating and technically ruined arcades are unworthy to play. Slain! deserves attention only because of its decent soundtrack. [Issue#263]