6.8

1. Jan 26, 2019
    Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1 point from my score. Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2019
    While the graphics might be lacking, every other aspect of this game is perfection.
  3. Feb 27, 2019
    Отличный представитель класса роглайков, не имеет такого высокого порога входа как Isaac или Nuclear Throne, но всё ещё может подкидывать определенный челлендж. Если вам нравятся ККИ и/или роглайки: брать бесспорно.
  4. Mar 12, 2019
    As a heavily RNG dependent game, it can be quite unpredictable at times. If you don't get decent cards then you're gonna have a rough time. However, the game itself is a great time killer and a lot of fun. The 3 characters the game contains have all different playstyles, ranging from a basic strength warrior to a caster type automaton.

Each run will be different from the last, and while

Each run will be different from the last, and while the game can sometimes be a bit frustrating due to the challenge of working with RNG, even with poor starting cards you can make it through with smart planning. Watch gameplay to see if it's for you. Personally I believe it's a game worth picking up!

4.5/5 Great game, and fun to start up when you're looking to have some innocent fun playing solo. Or go competitive with daily challenges, the choice is yours! Which path will you take?
  5. Apr 27, 2019
    This is an excellent game, an elegant mash-up of deckbuilding and rogue-like mechanics. There is plenty of strategy to be found, but because of its dungeon-crawling format its easy to just dive right in. My only complaint and the only reason I didn't give this a 10/10 is that there isn't enough content yet. There are three floors to crawl through but it feels like there should be more.This is an excellent game, an elegant mash-up of deckbuilding and rogue-like mechanics. There is plenty of strategy to be found, but because of its dungeon-crawling format its easy to just dive right in. My only complaint and the only reason I didn't give this a 10/10 is that there isn't enough content yet. There are three floors to crawl through but it feels like there should be more. It's also a pity this is only out on PC at the moment, I think it would be an excellent candidate for mobile. Regardless the gameplay is excellent and I highly recommend this if you like either card games or rouge-likes! Expand
  6. Aug 7, 2019
    Great little time killer to jump on and play 2-3hrs. Yes there is an element of luck and RNG but it's very entertaining and very well priced.
  7. Jan 26, 2019
    Great game. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I wound up playing it for longer and longer and just began to love it. The art style is my only complaint. Otherwise, its just a really good draft game.
  8. Jan 23, 2019
    I've never liked rouge-like games, but I can't put down slay the spire. Fantastic game play combined with clever card design, makes it a perfect pick up and play game, but also hard to put away!
  9. Jan 25, 2019
    I played this game for over 100 hours during early access. It is a crowning achievement in gaming, merging deck builder mechanics with a rogue-like challenge. It takes a while to get used to things, but once you do, it's a lot of fun.
  10. May 8, 2019
    This is a gamers game. Not a wishy washy but pretty picture thats paper thin in depth and with mediocre execution. But a deep treasure trove of fun which, if you look beyond the surface, is a veritable goldmine - capable of swallowing up hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime. There are literally thousands of different deck variants you can deploy. And each one feels unique. AThis is a gamers game. Not a wishy washy but pretty picture thats paper thin in depth and with mediocre execution. But a deep treasure trove of fun which, if you look beyond the surface, is a veritable goldmine - capable of swallowing up hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime. There are literally thousands of different deck variants you can deploy. And each one feels unique. A superb game well worth your time mixing the best that rogue likes, deck building and replayability has to offer. Expand
  11. Jan 26, 2019
    This is the most fun I've had in years. What a well-designed single player card game!
  12. Jan 27, 2019
    Normally hate turn-based and all card games in general. However, I loved how this game starts simple as you build your deck. Keeps it from getting overwhelming, where similar games fail. Sometimes game brutally unfair though where it's not possible to win.
  13. Jan 26, 2019
    the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players.the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players. this isnt a game for everyone but if you enjoy card strat games, this is a must play. if you complain about RNG, compare this is hearthstone then you can really tell which is RNGer. look at some of the top players play on youtube, they have high win rate at the highest difficulty becasue they strategize and think about ways to minimize the risks. this game requires a high level of game knowledge and experience to play at the top level. after 86hrs i can only get one of my characters to ascension 11 but i have always enjoyed playing. i know when i lose its because i screwed up earlier. Expand
  14. Feb 21, 2019
    A fantastic Deckbuilding game, the best one there is for PC this far, in fact
  15. Feb 12, 2019
    It's a very good roguelite card game. Plenty to unlock and nothing ever feels the same.

My only issue is it supports controllers but it is super awkward playing with one.
  16. Feb 27, 2019
    Very addictive game. If you like deciding about your choices and carefully planning this game is for you.
  17. May 1, 2019
    This game is better than i thought. A fantastic Deckbuilding game, the best one there is for PC this far, in fact
  18. May 21, 2019
    Slay the Spire connects two genres most of us love - rogue-like and card collection. This combination works extremely well.
    As in every respectable rogue-like, every run is unique - you will get different cards and meet different enemies every time. Three distinct classes add to the variety - every class feels different from each other and features unique mechanics.
    The difficulty is
    The difficulty is just fine - not letting you relax, but not making you think the game's impossible.
    This is an almost perfect rogue-like, so if you want to dive into this genre - it might be a perfect entry point.
  19. Apr 1, 2019
    Slay the spire is a lot of fun. If you liked rogue like games such as the 'Binding of Issac' and like card games/deck building games such as hearthstone, then you would most likely enjoy this.
    Building you deck on the fly and getting combos is very satisfying.
    It would be nice to see some more options for Heroes.
  20. Jul 23, 2019
    Probably the best indie game I have ever played. The game has pretty little content, and yet can build almost endless replayablity on it. As the game is completely randomly generated, all playtrhough is a bit different. And there are like 30 different game rules, that you can enable/disable to make a very specific (and usually much harder) playthrough, with Daily challenge mode, where theProbably the best indie game I have ever played. The game has pretty little content, and yet can build almost endless replayablity on it. As the game is completely randomly generated, all playtrhough is a bit different. And there are like 30 different game rules, that you can enable/disable to make a very specific (and usually much harder) playthrough, with Daily challenge mode, where the devs selects one rule set for all players each day, where you can face the challenge they have selected and compete with scores of other people. Even after the initial enchantment phase (where I was playing STS all the time) passed away, I return to the game over and over again, once in a few days, to play enjoy the strange settings of the daily challenges. And everytime I do, I'm amazed by the genius of this game's game design. Expand
  21. Sep 29, 2019
    6.8 out of 10 user score on metacritic, from 306 reviews, 96% score on steam from 32,000 reviews. I think you get my point.

Probably the most addictive game i have ever played, period. its like crack, once you start, theres no stopping. endless mode 2000 floors ez lol. 10/10 for concept and 10/10 for execution. I hate card games mostly, but this just grabbed me within 20 minutes and

10/10 for concept and 10/10 for execution. I hate card games mostly, but this just grabbed me within 20 minutes and didnt let go. 300 hours later, still playing.
  22. Aug 14, 2019
    What an amazing game. It seems very basic and simple but is anything but. You are always kept on your toes and there are many ways to victory. Great game for those who like card - and strategy games.
  23. Sep 24, 2019
    Its a rather small and tight game, so you either like it or you dont.
    This is a pure gameplay game it does not have a story it does not have great art and music, it just has a tiny amount of those three just enough to be playable while all the focus has been put on balancing the gameplay and replayability.
    Think it payed off they managed to make the one thing the game have very good
  24. Sep 18, 2019
    Best card game i have played in a while. Only con : i really don't have enough hours in a day, and after playing this 20 hours in a week-end nothing else had been done in the house
  25. Feb 23, 2019
    The game is great, and having 3 different characters helps to deal with 'repetition'. Each character has a unique deck, with many different ways to play. There are flaws in the game mind you, but the biggest flaw is also a strength - everything is random. This leads to a great deal of frustration, but also joy, as you learn what to expect each play through.
  26. Feb 1, 2019
    I had never played a deck builder or even had interest in playing a deck builder until I tried Slay the Spire. 400 hours later, it's safe to say this is one of the best games of the past few years. If you don't see the replayability value, watch some streamers that have 1000+ hours. Each run is unique and requires and takes careful planning.
  27. Jul 21, 2019
    Slay the Spire é um dos jogos mais divertidos e refinados do ano, seja em seu sistema de jogo, seus elementos de estratégia, suas possibilidades de escolha ou sua trilha sonora. Por isso mesmo uma direção de arte tão pobre me surpreende.
  28. Jan 24, 2019
    Most fun i had in years!!!
    145 hours and counting
    I pop in daily to play the daily challenge
  29. Feb 8, 2019
    Slay the Spire is one of those games that only the independence of the PC market can give. There is no way the console market would have given a chance on this game: The art style was, and is some cases still is, rudimentary, and the idea of a collectible card game that doesn't let you actually keep hard-won cards flew in the face of established licences like Hearthstone.

However, the

However, the gaming market is constantly evolving: Players who would describe themselves as casual are looking for a deeper gaming experience, challenging but with a limited time commitment. Slay the Spire fills this need, providing a full, unique experience in roughly an hour. Over the course of hundreds of individual hours, you will form strategies, you will build combos, you will fight battles which will bring you to your last hit point, hoping in vain for the one card, the lone artifact which will make this run a successful one.

The mechanics of the game, are by this time, well known: You start with block and attack cards and use them in a battle against one to five foes. With each win, you get to pick one of three random cards (with traits that compliment your chosen class). The challenge, and ultimately the hook, of this game are these small decisions which flesh out your deck. Your choices, along with random luck, will determine your success.

You will fail. A lot.

You will start over from scratch.

Eventually you will win. It is the euphoria of finishing a run that makes this worthwhile. And, here's the thing: That win can't ever happen again. You can't recreate that deck, or the map, or the circumstances that earned you that win. So what do you do? You start over.

Though repetitive, Slay the Spire has just enough length per run to make it worthwhile, while not outstaying it's welcome. Combined with a thriving modding community on Steam, this game promises to be fresh for sometime to come. Slay the Spire has innovated. Let's see how it gets imitated...
  30. Feb 7, 2019
    It can be really tough to "get it". It certainly helps to watch someone really good at the game play it, just to get a sense of the basic rhythms of the curve. But once you get your first win, it has a lot of replay value.
  31. Feb 23, 2019
    Меня друг ебнул когда узнал что я в нее не играл,потом позвал моего батю и он тоже меня ебнул,после подтянулись его коллеги с работы и тоже отпидорасили.
    Какой вывод?
    Покупайте игру
  32. Apr 8, 2019
    I have spent countless hours playing this game.
    The 3 decks (each of 75 cards plus a special set of Colorless card) make the game infinitely re-playable, by building on the several possible strategies for each character.
    If you want a challenge, this game is one of the best hands down, you will quickly get addicted!
  33. May 27, 2019
    Best rogue likecardgame ever!!! You will play it over and over again and never get enough. Highly replay value because every time you start, its an complete different run.
    My favorite game 2019!!!
  34. Jun 12, 2019
    with the first couple of hours this game seems to be only somewhat interesting, but as you play more get more cards and find new enemies the game changes. the games difficulty scales with the time that you complete it and unlocks new handicaps for you since you're improving. but really good game me liky 10/10
  35. Aug 24, 2019
    A great deck builder game giving you a lot of options strategy wise. The UI feels really great as it's fast and clear. You can sink many hours into the game to fully explore its strategic depths.
    Mind you that this is a difficult rogue like game where you can't just pick cards you like and hope for the best. You need to adapt and use well what the game throws at you, think ahead regarding the cards you still have in your deck, do a lot of counting during combats and exploit those sick combos once you finally get them.

1. Apr 16, 2019
    Deck-building RPG + Roguelike, Slay the Spire is one of the most surprising, deep and engaging game you'll see this year. An absolute must play.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 28, 2019
    Sweetest of all, the satisfying thrum of a finely tuned engine. [Issue#330, p.116]
  3. Feb 25, 2019
    A brilliant single-player roguelike with awesome card battles at its core. Individual runs vary massively, resulting in almost endless replayability. There’s only one complaint - random luck plays too big a role in determining your success or failure. Other than that, this is simply a great, serious RPG.